Speaker 1: Laura, come on in. Oh, I've got a Joe's.
Speaker 2: Day, everybody. It's the pick up.
Speaker 3: Here we go trant to pick that out of your teeth, nitch, pick what the bit of carrot that you've got hanging out of your tee?
Speaker 1: If you're gonna come for me to be handy, if you've got your sentences right, the bit of carrot.
Speaker 2: Get that out of your teeth.
Speaker 1: You didn't say what? Like what my gums?
Speaker 3: I thought you could feel it because it's so big, it's.
Speaker 2: Got its own orbit and a bit of carrot in my teeth. What's wrong?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: I'm allowed to eat carrots.
Speaker 4: I don't want I just want some popcorn and to watch this fike go down. I'm sitting back and just watching YouTube pick up.
Speaker 2: No, you're okay.
Speaker 3: Well, like an old married quable, I have never seen anybody eat as many carrots as you eat every day.
Speaker 2: You walk in with like three carrots.
Speaker 1: Well, when I was one hundred and sixty kilo and I dit three crispy cremes a show, no one stopped me. But now I try, and I try todrink water and you all go, hey.
Speaker 3: It's a bit on the nose to be like, hey, Mitch, you've got Christy grease.
Speaker 2: Do you know what it is? It's not that you have a carrot. I will bring you a carrot. I brought your boiled egg before. It's not the carrot. It's that you eat with your mouth open.
Speaker 4: So they do so the carrots really loud, and you do it into the microphone.
Speaker 2: Look like they're literally carrot all over the studio. Anyway, Look, it's today written for me and Britt. No, for everyone listening.
Speaker 1: You were giving away a carry if you want one of Mitch Jury's half bitten carries scholars.
Speaker 2: Now I just joke. All right, Well, look coming up. I did something that.
Speaker 3: Was so humiliating over the weekend. I had a very famous celebrity come into my store.
Speaker 2: I have a jewely store.
Speaker 3: It's Tony May free plug that they came into my store and I had no idea who they were.
Speaker 2: I did not recognize them. I hate it. I'll tell you about it next. All right, it's next. You have the pickup. So Mitch and Laura.
Speaker 4: I feel like there are certain people in life that like can only have one name and you know who they are and see a photo of them, like you know, Madonna, Madonna, Beyonce, Beyond. I was going to say, for example, Mitch, you couldn't use your name. You couldn't just say Mitch, you're not there yet, thank you.
Speaker 2: We've got the clarity.
Speaker 1: Anyone else in the car thought she was angling down to Mitch Cherry.
Speaker 4: Brittany, but you'd be like Britney Spears, like there are people that you just have a name, and one of them is global superstar Rihanna, like absolutely huge. So recently, the funniest thing went down online. She was at a Manchester City football game, like a soccer game, and one of the football players there, Jack Grayleish's huge.
Speaker 2: He's one of the best. You guys wouldn't know that, but it is. So she's actually because that's my favorite.
Speaker 4: If you don't know, if you're not following soccer, you're not going to know who.
Speaker 2: The problem is. I don't know who anyone is. Yes, do you know Rihanna know? So she's she's a set of fact. Put him pick her a light up.
Speaker 4: Rihanna's with some of the biggest players and she's just hanging out with them, and then this kid comes up and asks for a photo Andanna for a second, I'm assuming things that's probably her.
Speaker 2: But he hands round on the phone. He's got no idea who Rihanna.
Speaker 4: Is, and he asks Rihanna to take the photo of him with the football players, and of.
Speaker 2: Course she does so cute.
Speaker 4: But then the internet's gone wild, been like half of them is like, how didn't you know that that was Rihanna? The other half is blaming Rihanna, being like, you know what fair? She hasn't released an album in ten years.
Speaker 2: She's been out of.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she has, hasn't she She's kind of been out of the like I guess in the scene, No, a little bit. But this kid's like ten years old.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you were young, you don't know because she's she became a mum and then opened businesses and she didn't drop music anymore.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I can relate to this because I feel like, out of the three of us, I'm the one that never knows who anyone is. You say a name, I don't know who you're talking about. This happened to me, It must have been, I reckon it was probably around twenty fifteen, like it was a long time ago now, but I was in my shop at the time and I was working in my store and this woman came in and she was buying something and she went from Tony my jewelry store. So she came in, she was buying something and she was from America. She had a really thick accent and she was like, do you know what, Just wait, I'm gonna get my husband. And her husband came in and I was just making chit chat to this lovely couple and I was like, Oh, what are you here for?
Speaker 2: And he was like, oh, I'm here. I'm playing. I'm performing. And I was like what do you play? And he was like, I play the guitar. And I was like, good for you. It was sting or something.
Speaker 3: Well, no, this went on for a little while and he goes he goes like I said, oh.
Speaker 2: Like who what are you? What are you playing?
Speaker 3: And he goes, oh have you have you ever heard of the band Motley Crue? And I instantly assumed when he said Motley Crue, I was like, oh, like a covers band. And I was like, God, it must be really hard to It must be really hard to make money as a musician, you know, Like that's that's really challenging. His wife kind of laughed a little bit and then this went on for a while. Anyway, brought some jewelry off they went, and at that same time, about fifteen people came running out to me and they're like, oh my god, do you know who that was? Like, yeah, he is here doing a covers band for Motley Crue. It was Alice Cooper. You know you know, Michael, you don't know who Alice Cooper is. I, Laura.
Speaker 4: Would not know who that was if he was standing No, I know who it is now, but if he was in my store, I would not know.
Speaker 2: It was Alice Cooper, the wife Alice Cooper.
Speaker 3: Okay, do you remember like scary movie where they're like, who the f is Alice? He's like the biggest, like shock rock star, He's like has a career that spans sixty years. I cannot believe you don't know who he.
Speaker 4: Is because he usually wears makeup as well.
Speaker 2: This is true. He does normally wear maker.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if he walked in, now, I'm going to like, you're familiar, but I wouldn't know.
Speaker 1: All right, we're taking your calls. Next, what celebrit did you run into that you didn't recognize? Next, on the pickup, Laura told us a story about how she had a who she thinks is an A list celebrity in her store, her jewelry store, Tony.
Speaker 3: May, and he was a pretty big celebrity, Alice Cooper. I feel like everyone from the old Degeneration who's listening now is gonna be like, yeah, Alice Cooper.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a woman.
Speaker 3: Laura's like.
Speaker 2: She was like, is that the wife? Laura said the wife was there and it was Alice Cooper.
Speaker 1: I'm like, Alice and Cooper, what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe you'll know this.
Speaker 3: This has happened to me a surprising amount of times. I was walking down a main street and.
Speaker 2: I saw a woman walking towards me.
Speaker 3: He looked really familiar, and I was like, I'm pretty sure I went to school with her.
Speaker 2: He was the Budget version. And I was like, hey, babe, are you going?
Speaker 3: Nice to see you? And she looked at me like who the hell are you? And it was Natalie and Brulia. Oh I know, And I was like, thank god, Mitch, you finally know. Okay, I'm sorry that it's not like Jojo Siwa or someone.
Speaker 4: What a morekward situation? Were you torn with what to do next? Hilarious, but I was all out of faith.
Speaker 3: Then this is how I feel done.
Speaker 1: You're getting Jessica is called hell, Jessica. Did you run into a celebrity and not know who they were?
Speaker 5: I was at Byron Bay and I was playing you know, grupball, we like throw the tennis ball with that bell crow. Oh yeah, yeah yeah and a yeah.
Speaker 2: It's the funnest game of our child.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so good. Anyway, I was playing with my best friend and were laughing and having fun. We're on the beach and this like random guy comes up to us and starts chatting with us and he's like, hey, girls, like cool game and everything, and we're like yeah, were running your own busess And he kept walking and these younger girls came up like drooling at the mouth, and we were like hi, and they were like do you know who you were just speaking to? And we were like no, and they were like, oh that was Matt Damon.
Speaker 4: No way.
Speaker 2: I would have been like, mad, heads up, let's play gripball.
Speaker 1: I don't know ran Away, it's not a reference asking him to play grip you Sorry.
Speaker 3: I thought that maybe that was from a movie then he was in Please never say that.
Speaker 1: Mad Damon, What a bill a zoo?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 2: Mad Damon Space?
Speaker 1: Hey, Mad Damon department, department that's called Claire. Hey, honey, what happened to you? When did you run into a celebrity that you didn't realize was the star?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 2: Claire Hi.
Speaker 6: It was several years ago now, back when I was a little bit more irresponsible. But I was drunk as a skunk and I ran into Shannon Noel and I was convinced that it wasn't him, and I had tried to convince him that he wasn't it either.
Speaker 2: You believe him?
Speaker 4: Was he?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: No, I know who I am? Yeah, very much. So okay, tell me you know who Shannonoley.
Speaker 4: Don't say you know who Alice Cooper is, Laura, and you don't know who Shannon Nole is Australian.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I idle, I'm on the same page. Right, he's the guy who came second to Guy Sebastian.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: And he's saying, okay, I do know it isn't bad, Laura.
Speaker 1: That's how you tell a good story with a punchline that is an Alice Cooper.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm so sorry, Mitch. Okay, I was telling a story.
Speaker 2: If you'd known who Alice Cooper is, you would have thought it was a good story telling a story.
Speaker 1: I read into buzz Hold and everyone's like, who oh God, that's a kid.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I can't. Maybe we just have different people that. To be honest, I'm not into Alice Cooper. I don't know anything about it, but I know him
Speaker 2: Who Shannon Nole