Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome back to the Mason cock Show. Plenty going on now. To start off, Tasmania is getting a football team. Never thought I'd say that we've got the NBA All Star Game. A huge flop. We've got life could be worse, could be. Seer's husband, Russell Wilson, will explain more, talk about superbikes, everything that's all happening. But first of all, let's get straight into it. This is the sporting segment on the Mason cock Show. All right, let's get into it. Brandon, Welcome, What a week in sport. It's happening.
Speaker 2: It's good that sport is finally starting to kick off, like I was getting bored there for a bit coming out of you know, the summer, and we're gonna get footy back up and up and running, and it's good to see that it has kicked off. And three weeks yeah, you're on the corner. Well before we jump into it, I saw you at the superbikes. Yes, well you're doing down there? Are you another fly in celebrity just to walk lane? And oh are you doing down there? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean someone offered a helicopter ride pit lane experience and a few other things. Yeah, shout out to tisso she tran tast we need a sponsor, tess up, get around it. But now I was down there Philip Island. It was a bucket list atum. I always wanted to go down there. Check out the track down there. It's a massive, massive ordeal. So I got a helicopter ride beforehand, got to go across Phillip Island. But I must say one of the highlights, and this is not really sporting related, but saw the penguins. And by golly, the Philip Island penguins. They're a sight. I would hang crap on them like I do Tasmania. But I'm telling you totally changed, totally change once you actually go experience at firsthand.
Speaker 2: You got to get them on the bikes. Penguins on superbis. Now that's that's selling tickets. I just selling tickets, no doubt. But they are They are crazy to the box. They go over like three hundred kilometers an hour. These things are the f one on two wheels. It was so impressive to watch live the loudness of like the bikes. How I they scream past you and they go buying a flick of like a second it's just insane.
Speaker 1: It was really cool. If you haven't done it, highly recommend it. Awesome experience down there, And if you're a bike enthusiast, I'm sure it's one of those things that's going to be on your buck list for a long time.
Speaker 2: You ever ridden the motorbike, I don't them see the mechanics working very well.
Speaker 1: There was a time in Bali. Actually we don't like to, you know, go into it too much. But I was on the back of a Bali bike. I think my legs actually probably wrapped around the person in front of me because I had to do that just to be able to fit on the bike. But yeah, we don't we don't like to go into Bali. Bolli's a bit like Vegas of Australia, you know, like what happens in Bali stays in Bali.
Speaker 2: A pretty good record. I'm still here. I'm still here.
Speaker 1: I once fell off a scooter in Thailand and told the club I tripped and fell from a waterfall hike and I broke my hand. And I'm still sticking to a line until now because I know my physio is listening to this going. I knew it.
Speaker 2: I think everyone at the Collingwood Football Club gets one extravagant excuse. It wasn't a dog, it wasn't frisbee, it wasn't cricket.
Speaker 1: It's fill in from a basketball stance. We have plenty of stories, no doubt, but yeah, let's get into it. Man.
Speaker 2: Well, well you can walk me through this one. Because I don't know much about the NBA. I can flick it on and have I like the Stars. I like the stars better than the games. But the NBA All Star Game I didn't even know what was on. Is that a sign of how big a flop this thing was?
Speaker 1: It was bad, like real bad. I go through the numbers. There's only four point six million viewers, which is down twenty seven percent from last year's All Star Game.
Speaker 2: How many people in the States, Oh.
Speaker 1: It's three hundred and thirty three million. Also, I don't like NBA being one of the biggest sports and like being one of the biggest like kind of you know, things that get together for an All Star Game. But the thing is, like the NFL is changing stuff. They did it. They're not doing the Pro Bowl anymore. They're doing different competitions from like Dodgeball and Greatest catch and all this random stuff, and now the NBA is now looking at doing something similar because people aren't people aren't tuning in. Like you might have the best stars in the whole league and not the best stars in the game, but whenever you're dropping like one hundred and eighty points to one hundred and seventy something, it just doesn't there's no defense. It's like this is just essentially a dunk contest and a game form.
Speaker 2: Now I want to get into this because everyone always brings up the same old point as we got to bring State origin back and all that crap.
Speaker 1: It won't work.
Speaker 2: It just doesn't work. There's not enough passion in the rivalry. And now that's my point. Every player in the AFL is friends with the other team as soon as the siren goes, Hey, buddy, how's your family, how's the kids. Oh, we got stocks together, we've got a business together. We sell watches and sonnies and all this kind of junk. I want to see rivalries and passion in the game. And if you're like complaining about not making enough money and not enough percentage, I don't care if it's fabricated, but I want to see more rivalry in the game talking about each other. And I've figured out the way around it. There's a loophole that you can get around because obviously you can't go and talk like you can't walk up to Maxicon after the game and like start shit or something because you like the bloke. Yeah yeah, but you can hate the team him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it's easy for Mason Cox to hate Carlton. As an example, it's a like a rivalry. You just say, like just a little snipe, Oh, their facilities aren't as good as ours, or something like something like no duck, no dinner exactly, no duck, no dinner, Like just some little thing where you just talk shit. You could tear Richmond to shreds. You could just bring up that every time. Oh yeah, remember that time I took X amount of contestant marks and down here killed the four peete. Just talk shit about the team and not the individuals, because it will be a bit, you know, put on if you talk shit about the individuals, but the team I think is fair game. And then as soon as Mason Cox talks about Richmond, you circle it in the calendar round whatever that game's coming up. It sells more tickets. Gets more people in the door, generates more revenue, more revenue, more money in your pocket.
Speaker 1: You know what happens whenever someone talks bad about a team like that, that makes a team review, That makes a team review, and that amps up the team. Somember they were like, oh duck, no dinner. That made our preview for that round of that game against Melbourne. And you're, look, I'm all for rivalries. I'm all for it. I'm not going to be the guy saying that stuff. I'll tell you up Bradon. But I think there is I think the AFL has gotten to the point where they don't want it to see and as like a rough kind of like rugged, redneck kind of sport. You know, they wanted to have a bit of more class, Like there's no real fighting anymore. You know, you're going to stand the mark. You can't really syke people out, like they're kind of going a bit more conservative. Where yes, I am in the same boat. I'm in the same boat, man. I'm like, I want to see the scuffle. I want to see people just you know, crack onto each other and just have a little bit of hate, you know, like just rip blokes off. I want to see some rip jumpers, like let's actually just get into it, like let's bring the jumper like jumper punch back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think there's going to be a bit more action. Like the game's in a great spot from a you know, scoring perspective. The scores are up a little bit year on year finally and everything's nice. Yeah, there's just it's it's missing something. For an example is Essendon Hawthorne I think are playing Round one and like the line in the sand game and all of that stuff, they used to rip each other's heads off. Now if they both come out and they're like, good job, guys, way to go. That was great, Like well played, we lost, We'll get to next time. That just doesn't do it for me. And that's what's going to be. You can't do that in the State of Origin. I just don't think that we could ever get that passion back and it'll be manufactured, but bring it back week to week, get everything just going again.
Speaker 1: He is hyped for Aunt one. You just want the most hype possible to get into this thing. Look, I'm off for I think there's definitely hatred between like fans. I think fans genuinely hate each other like whenever it comes to you know, supporters for certain certain bases. But the players now, because a lot of them like play growing up and stuff, they're all mates. Like a lot of the guys have played together at some point. There's not really a lot of hatred between players. And we're going to one man that is possible to hate later, Ben Brown, which is one of the most lovely humans ever, but lovely. I do agree. There is room for us to have a bit this sounds terrible, room for us to have a bit more hatred in the league.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, I know I've got this. I already I've marked it down. They're a bit irrelevant. But you and North Melbourne, you've already talked that much. Ship not talked any about I'm going to cut up to be like Mason Cox hates North Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Great to Clarkson, be like, did you know on the Mason Cock.
Speaker 2: Show Clarko doesn't even know what team he is coaching. Did you need that video come out?
Speaker 1: Also? North Melbourne just thrown them under the bus like that rough rough gig.
Speaker 2: Thanks guys, Yeah, just make something worse.
Speaker 1: But it was probably the biggest most media they got all year.
Speaker 2: There see this is what that's going in the hype. Real are you?
Speaker 1: You're gonna Tazzy sooner we are Wednesday, we're headed south south of the border.
Speaker 2: Well six of them are going to be the airport.
Speaker 1: It's gonna it's gonna be a ruthless craft the and Tasmania lessons, Sirst. They probably don't love me too much, but I do. We love to do live tais Mania here. It's a beautiful place, but we do pockp on it like just the rest of mainland Australia.
Speaker 2: I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 1: So it's going to be interesting.
Speaker 2: Do we want to get into this now? We'll push it forward a little bit. While we're talking about Tazzy. They're going to get a club, Well, it's looking like they're going to get a team. It's it's on the villain, it's right on the precipice. So they're all just kind of figuring out, justling to figure out who's going to pay for what. So it's the AFL, the state government and the federal government. So the state's chipped in what are they chipped in three hundred and seventy five million, The AFLs chipped in three hundred and sixty million, and they want two hundred and forty million from the federal government and that's to go into everything. But the most important thing is the stadium being built in Hobart at Macquarie Point. So it looks the most likely there's ever Look that Tazzy's going to get a team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nineteen teams just not a great That doesn't sound clean, does it. We have nineteen teams in the AFL.
Speaker 2: So he's just about to get a new team, and you're already taken the shine off him.
Speaker 1: You're already thinking a team. I'll actually finish that and thing to think of that one. But I will say this, that stadium they build, I hope it has a roof. Yeah, you're playing in June down in Tasmania and Hilbart. Oh my gosh. I hope the AC and the heater's pumping in that joint. Oh my gosh, he's over by the MCG. You need to get a roof. I think this becomes a priority all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: Now I think it'll be one up there with one of the best crowds in footy. Like it might be a bit smaller, like they might build this like boutique stadium overlooking the harbor or whatever, so it'll look nice. But yeah, like if it doesn't have a roof, like you're getting the weather, the wind, the rain. It'll be a real home ground advantage that everywhere. It doesn't take long to get around Tazzy. It's a pretty small place, so the crowds will turn out. They'll be as passionate as ever. They get their own team. It's not you know, you get the share in North Melbourne or Gold Coast or Hawthorne or whoever. It's their own team. So yeah, I'm super pumped for it, and I can definitely see myself going down there for a game or two, suck on a bit of wine, laying in front of the fire on the what the like the beskin rug?
Speaker 1: Oh god, just wearing a pair of No, I don't need this picture in my head right now. And Bradon it is. You'll be there. We'll recording Wednesday. Wednesday, maybe we hey, maybe we go for the launch. I want to know what they're going to call this team too, because they I mean, they went strong with the NBL team, the jack Jumpers, which I was I still question. I don't even know what that is today.
Speaker 2: You've got to go with the Tazzy Devils. It's it's the best.
Speaker 1: And shout out to the North Texas Tazzy Devils, which is a USAFL team, because I know they call the Tazzy Devils that's one hundred percent or the Tazzy Tigers, but the Tigers are already taken, so I think.
Speaker 2: It'll just leapfrog into that's top off the top of my head, that's got to be top four mascot. I'll put it out there, Tazzy Devil, the Tazzy Devil. Yeah, it's sick. That'd be so good. They always, you know, tie themselves into the green color. Green look pretty gross.
Speaker 1: But the green is like I mean, it's very nature rich, so it kind of makes sense. But also like grown, no one else has green, so that's very much them. It's on brand. They can make it their own.
Speaker 2: I've always thought that there must be some reason why they don't have green, whether it clashes with the grass on the broadcast angle or something. But you think the only team that ever had some kind of green in it from you know, off the top of my head, is Freer in their three color and which looked awesome.
Speaker 1: I actually like one thing. I know you say, that's that the green thing. So there's a team called Boise State, right, and they're bright Blue, and what they've done is they've painted their their football field in the US bright blue. So they have like this.
Speaker 2: Discussion.
Speaker 1: They kick it off and one guy's laying down. He literally just camouflages into the ground and it's like all of a sudden, like everyone's on one side thinking one guy's gonna get it, and he just always and turns around and chunks it the other way. And the guy jumps off the ground out of this camouflage little hole and then catches the one runs into the end zone. I'm telling you, if he can pull that off, maybe for the Green imagine that.
Speaker 2: Already thinking tactics that team. But talking about that, the XFL has started.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you're a massive XFL cooking, it's basically all they've got. From what I can see is the rock is is obviously the owner. He bought it off Vince McMahon. So you know, there's a lot of history around the XFL, and it's been around for a lot longer than probably people know, at least in Australia. But how would you explain this league for someone that doesn't really know what it is.
Speaker 1: It's like a essentially a bunch of celebrities and just people wanted to like have an NFL in the off season of NFL. Right, So there's no like NFL just has one tier. It's the NFL. There's not really like there was a Canadian Football league for a long time, but now they still want like an American affiliate. So it's the twos of the NFL. And there's no because you go from college and then like there's only a small percentage that makes it to the NFL. So what do all these you know, other people do. There's like over fifty people on a team, so this gives an opportunity for those people to play. Now, I think we've talked about this before, was like these are being played in stadiums that are not meant to be football stadiums. Yeah, like they are like soccer fields where the end zone is concrete, like wall past the end zone, like there's not much space beyond it, and they're running on a tight budget. Let's just say that they're just picking out any like stadium they can hold maybe ten to fifteen thousand people save a bit of cash on the way in sell as mini beers as possible and try to make as much money.
Speaker 2: I mean, it makes sense. I did see one clip a bloke's looking over his shoulder kind of running back with the flight as quick as he can, but the wall is flush up against the end zone and just run straight into the wall. You could just hear the CTA. You could hear his brain just mashing around in his skull.
Speaker 1: So yeah, there's not back with the flight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's very unique because I mean there were some AFL games that were played back in the eighties and like early mid nineties of like the AFL would go over and play in like Miami and stuff. I think there was a Collingwood game where they're playing in Miami on a dirt baseball pitch and it's this weird shape and there's not really like the goals aren't really in a line, and they're like it's only a couple of kicks from end to end and stuff. Yeah, I don't, I don't know. It's it really reminded me of AFL X. When I first saw this thing, that the AFL was like, well, we got to be able to play anywhere, so opening it up to soccer stadiums and like pitches like that.
Speaker 1: Great idea, terrible execution, just terrible. That was a circus, hey all, big fan of the super duper goal, it was.
Speaker 2: It was literally a circus that that opening shot the promo.
Speaker 1: I will never if I ever get to interview Gill in this thing, and we don't. I did an interview recently. I said, Gill is the man I want to get on and I want to ask this question specifically of what was going through his mind when he took that photo with all the different circus people around him, Like is he going in his head I am sacking this marketing manager as soon as I get out of this place.
Speaker 2: It was like it was just an instant meme.
Speaker 1: I think it was like the most I felt so bad for him.
Speaker 2: I don't know what they were thinking. But another thing that came out of this, like another thought that I was that I had, was, you know, the rock is the owner, and that really brings a lot of shine and a lot of attention, a lot of media spotlight to the XFL that you know, even when Vince McMahon owned it, he didn't really come out. He's like he's old, he's like eighty. I was thinking it would be cool, hypothetically to have some kind of private ownership over NFL over AFL clubs. It would be really cool to you could really ramp stuff up because at the moment, like every club is kind of hamstrung by you know, the funding that they can receive from the AFL and things like that. You don't want to lose any ownership from the fans obviously, so it would have to be some kind of split that would be like fifty one percent owned by the fans, so they still had the final say on majority. But then if an owner came in, they would still be able to shake things up and earn money back because they've got to get some kind of return on their investment, don't you.
Speaker 1: Okay, I do, And it's it's it's wild to think that, like the AFL is hamstrung you said, quote unquote on finances, but has three hundred and sixty million dollars to throw down in Tasmania. But yeah, it's an investment. Three hundred and sixty meals a lot. But anyway, it's I would like that. I think it'd be cool, Like you still have fans own a majority at least fifty one percent, right, and then you have the option for other people to buy out and like be part of it. So the only thing that we really have is like a number one ticket holder, which kind of like changes depending on the team and like every year, and that's like a way for them to kind of get media around the team and stuff like that. But if there was someone or like let's say someone owns a business and they're like very you know, affluent, whatever it is, they can have like a part ownership of a team, Right, I think that would be kind of cool to find a way to bring more finances into the AFL beyond just memberships, but still have the idea of members owned clubs. Yeah, I think the fifty one percent share it more is like the best way to do.
Speaker 2: It because it is something unique to the AFL that the fans own the club. But at the yeah, at the same time, and people might think, you know, it'll skew the competition even more, that the stronger teams will only get stronger, blah blah blah. But at the same time, you know, if there's Chris Hemsworth massive Doggies fan wants to buy it, invests into the dogs. He could lift them up past what they'll, yeah, will to achieve, because there's there are just smaller clubs that have been you know, grinding away for a long time that just have a ceiling on what they can kind of achieve financially, and I could see them breakthrough stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I think there's probably some American billionaire and be like, I love to have a part ownership and the Kangaroos of Australia like that. I mean, just saying that to Americans makes them kind of laugh. I think it would just be like a hilarious thing on the side that people would just love to be invested in and be like, yeah, every year I go down to Melbourne, I go watch my bloody kangaroos play against the Tazzy Devils and you know, it's a great time and it's kind of like, you know, you think of was it Ryan Reynolds as by Wrexham United and is like invested in that and like that's gone really well and Wrexham has gone through the roof with funding because they have someone like a celebrity like that on board who is willing to invest and willing to bring attention to it. And now that I've got major responsors like TikTok and stuff, they are a part of it. And now he's part of this Disney channel or sorry Disney. He sponsored like show that goes with it, and Wrexham's going really well, and it's like there is like proof in the pudding that's already out there that this can be a possibility to actually go forward and be successful one percent.
Speaker 2: If I was investing, if I was an overseas investor Gold Coast, oh.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, damon, Damon, just throw a cash and there got.
Speaker 2: A lot of upside. I go visit my team in the sunny, twenty six degree dry weather, go for a surf, stay in the penthouse, go watch my beloved son's run out on metro Con Stadium, probably by the stadium too. That is a good one. People will shut it down straight away, I reckon, Yeah, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: People will shut it down. But we said the fifty one percent, which was still giving ownership to you guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, I definitely love it. I love that idea.
Speaker 1: We'll move on and we mentioned this briefly before. Now we love the positive news of AFL and this week something awesome happening. I want to bring attention to it because it's one of my favorite stories of the already. And there's a very early early in the year. Now Ben Brown. We all know Ben Brown. He's one of the nicest, most loving humans. Moved over from North Melbourne over to the Melbourne Demons and he's just he's a character in the league for all the right reasons. And Hunterson agree. And he is known for his locks, his luscious little curly locks. You know that got him looking like who's the guy from the Simpsons Side show Bob. He's got only like side show Bob. I mean that the most loving way, Ben Brown, and he decided to cut him off an iconic look of his. He to cut off for an amazing, amazing charity called Challenge. It's a nonprofit organization. It supports families and children living with cancer. And his seventeen year old cousin, Grace, has beaten leukemia two times and he was doing it for her and he's raised over eighty thousand dollars And to be honest, I just want to give massive props to the man because he's an absolute legend. He's gone out and done this on his own bat He's gone and done something that's changes his image somewhat like he's a family man, don't get me wrong. And I think people are looking him probably differently on the field, going who's that guy running around without the hair on? Because it's so iconic to him. But it's awesome to see people like this do amazing things with their image and with their platform. Being an AFL player and a massive props to Ben Brown. If you want to donate, go to fundraise dot challenge org DIU over seven hundred and thirty donations already. It's awesome to see these kind of things. And I love whenever someone that's such an icon like Ben Brown just keeps being the person that everyone should be admiring.
Speaker 2: Role model gets thrown around a lot, but he is genuinely a great role model to you know, children, adults and everyone in between. He's raised eighty thousand dollars, which is absolutely insane, but he's still raising more money. So if you want to get around it, like Mace said, fundraise dot challenge dot org, dot au, jump on, donate whatever you can. It all goes to an amazing course.
Speaker 1: What a bloke, awesome guy. But we're going to move on to someone who hasn't had a great year. Let's be honest. And his name, I'm not gonna say name now, I'm just gonna it's Sierra's husband. Now, if you know a little bit entertainment, Sierra's husband you might know. And for those sporting enthusiasts out there, I'm just gonna give a little quote, and that quote is let's right, let's right, that's right. The man Russell Wilson. He has had a help of a year. He's signed a mega deal with the Broncos last year and everyone hyped him up to be this big turning point for the club and everything else, and it has gone the total opposite way. He has struggled the whole year and it's been tough to watch. But it's gotten worse, Braden.
Speaker 2: It has actually gotten worse. So he has a foundation, The why Not You Foundation, has spent six hundred thousand dollars on charity, which is you know, it's nice, yeh, not bad. Well, it is kind of bad when you find out they've spent one point one million dollars on employee salaries in that same time. So it works out to about twenty one to twenty five cents per dollar's being donated and the rest is going straight in the old pocket.
Speaker 1: Oh jeez, I'm talking about wanting to donate to good good causes. I think we maybe skipped this whole Russell Wilson thing and moved back to Ben Brown. Goly, that's not a good look as it. This guy just literally cannot I mean that's on his own bat. I mean that's his own fault. I feel like being the head of the charity in the face of it. But seriously, you can't be paying your employees more than you're actually paying to the charity that you're running.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think silver lining out of all this. He's been paid enough and his new Broncos deal the top that up.
Speaker 1: Fix that little accounting mistake pretty quickly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get those numbers up. At least you can look good in the public's eye if you're not looking good in your teammates.
Speaker 1: Imagine this guy won the Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year award in twenty twenty and it's just gone absolutely shit out since then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got a bit of a curse. There's gonna be some kind of Jinx on it.
Speaker 1: I'm starting to feel bad. I'm really starting to feel bad. But then you go back and if you ever have seen it, it's just cringed the whole.
Speaker 2: That's it's so bad. I was like, yeah, throughout the year, he just kept going with it, and it was like, we're gonna have to drop you, mate, because you've been two.
Speaker 1: Mates were making fun of them the year. I was like, oh no, so.
Speaker 2: Let's jump in to the practice game. Collingwood Premiership out the window. This year, it's all done. He lost by ten points against Carlton in the preseason game one silver lining from this situation. Dan McStay was Dan mcgrat.
Speaker 1: Oh, he was damn mcgood and great. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 2: He called it early. He kicked three goals, no one got injured. Pendle's gonna go forever.
Speaker 1: What was the quote? He was going to play for a few more years at least.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just at least, like if.
Speaker 1: He can do it's a fine wine, said, he's a fine wine.
Speaker 2: But then he eaks out a few more years. It's it's a failure. He's got a few more years left in him. So how did you find the match day? I didn't. I tuned in for bits and pieces. I saw Elliott Jamie take a take a hangar just warming up for the season.
Speaker 1: Got front row seat to that one. I was like, day, okay, so how was the game?
Speaker 2: Did you just take the foot off the gas in the last little bit then let them win to you know, get a little back from l after you knocked them out of finals, Going.
Speaker 1: Now, we don't ever take the foot off the gas. We did trial a few different things too, to get game styles and stuff like that. You know, it's what pre seasons are about. It's getting a few opportunities to trial some things against some new opposition, playing against new people. Obviously, we've been training against each other for like four or five months and seasons finished, so it's nice to have a bit of a different person and personnelity you go on against and be able to throw different things at you. So successful, No, we got injured. Everyone's happy at the end of the day. Yes, we would have liked to have won, but it's pre season. We'll kind of keep moving on. We had done in Tasmania soon. But yeah, it was a good game. Can't compline. Everyone's happy And where'd you play? Primarily played a bit of rock and then played a little bit of forward, so Dos Cameron played three quarters and then Billy Frampton went into the rock. Very interesting, love Billy. I think we still figure out if you can get a shin guard shot the center bounces. But yeah, no, it was good. I don't know, it's just it was a good day. And then had a little team dinner after and everyone just enjoyed a bit of pre season relaxation before the chaos kicks on.
Speaker 2: One last one about the actual game itself. Is there enough room for you up there amongst the Damn mcgreats and the my checks of the world.
Speaker 1: My Checks of the World didn't play over the weekend, so yeah, it.
Speaker 2: Was I'm not for Big Mace, the big fellas up here. Clear out, boys, clear clear the goal square, Dan McStay outside fifty, this is mine.
Speaker 1: Oh that's thirty. I'm like, probably still giving a hair ball received to be honest, No, it was. It's gonna be interesting. The four lines got a lot of different talent going through there, so who knows what will happen, But now it's exciting to be have so many options. I think going into the season and as long as down we get to this next game will be hopefully sitting pretty with a pretty uninjured list.
Speaker 2: Knock on wood on ward. So you're heading to Tazzy gonna, Oh did you get this week off? Just to build that rivalry a bit a bit further. Ah, Nah, I'm gonna play I don't know, Tasmania. I'm gonna be interested to see how the crowd is over there. I've never we've never played in Tasmania. Like, we don't even play in Geelong, like it's like literally next door. So going to Tasmania is gonna be a unique experience for us. Hopefully it's not too cold, probably super windy, knowing Tasmania, but yeah, we'll go down there. We'll play Hawthorne, which obviously attached to the Tasmania and I think Hawthorne probably like helped Tasmania and the you know, the drumming up of like the audience of wanting to get a Tasmanian team, and it's worked because now obviously, like we said, they're starting to get into it. So it it'll be a good little chat down there with them. Play Hawthorne and I've never really spent much time in Launceston, so we'll take advice on places to go.
Speaker 1: Go down and see the boats. But that's about it. I think think is there tulips down there in Launie. I think there's a tulip farm somewhere around there. I might go check out.
Speaker 2: You get the week off after that, right week off? Yeah, So what do you do? Do you stay down there? Do you spend the week traveling? Tazzy?
Speaker 1: I have travel Tazzy. I have spent some time in tay into one glass bay, one glass bed, done that Mount Amos. I love the place, fresh and a sure thanks. So I don't know we're probably portraing that. But Craidle Mountain should go to Cradle Mountain if you haven't been. A credit mounta beautiful spot. But I'm coming back here. I'm going to do my birthday's March fourteenth, to get around it, pie day three point one.
Speaker 2: Four, my birthday seventh? Oh what's that? Next week?
Speaker 1: Next week we should probably start getting prepared for that. I'm going on a little golf trip. I'm going down morning. T're gonna do a little golf there and then take the ferry over the next day to do a bit of golf there and head backs. What are you doing for your birthday.
Speaker 2: I'm packing gear because I'm driving.
Speaker 1: Going to Newcastle to do some plug is going on a road trip.
Speaker 2: Here we got oh, it's the first big road trip for the van, so I gotta get it.
Speaker 1: Get it ready, change the oil.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna get its service because it hasn't had a service since I got it. So it's just hanging together. But no, I think that's it. I think that's it for sport.
Speaker 1: Look's it's what we're doing. We're doing a little bit of a quick hit of sport because we've obviously had entertainment coming up later in the week on Wednesday or Thursday, will release it and we are going to cut this up into two, so you know, you might be dropping to work right now and you're gonna go, man, thirty minutes. I'm just pulling into the parking lot. How beautiful. This is perfectly timed. And that's what we're thinking. That's what we're going for here, and we're gonna give be a quick hit, a little bit of a water cooler chat version of sport to let you know whenever you get into the morning, what's happened over the weekend.
Speaker 2: And it was damn mcgood.
Speaker 1: It was damn mc great. All right, anyway, go have an amazing day of work, Go have an amazing day ahead of you, learn something new, and follow us on all the platforms, all the conchist as always. And that's it from the Mason Cock Shows Sports podcast. See it four