Speaker 1: The Flex and Rooms Daily podcast brought.
Speaker 2: To you, Hey gremlins, welcome back to the studio.
Speaker 3: I'm hungry, Yeah, just gonna put it out there, absolutely starving the stomach's cabinists.
Speaker 1: What do you want to eat?
Speaker 2: Last time I ate? Was it eleven thirty? What do you want to eat? And it's four o'clock? Do you know what? I feel like? Something fresh like? I don't. I don't want to go to McDonald's, for example. I'm not that hungry.
Speaker 3: I would love I'm kind of that in between your I don't feel like anything, but I know that I need to eat. I need to eat something bland but a bit sweet. I'd probably do like a roller chocolate and a soft drink, A wat chocolate, rower chocolate. What's a rower? A rober of chocolate?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 4: A row of Oh I'm hearing a a ro wa A rower chocolate?
Speaker 2: That sounds like kind of nice as it like boutique? A row of chocolates? Do you only chocolates you want to pop in your mouth? Shut up?
Speaker 1: Thanks you.
Speaker 3: Today's which is about a tip that you need for dating. Listen if you're listening to this podcast and you're dating, stay tuned.
Speaker 4: Also tell us what's working for you, because I'm very surprised at how people date. I'm honestly a little bit scared. When I come out of my bubble of being hectic and feral, I'm like, oh, we're koy?
Speaker 1: Are we sort of in koy? I didn't know we were doing that.
Speaker 2: Still, you're a bit behind.
Speaker 1: I'm a little bit behind.
Speaker 4: So let me know what it's like on your end, like a we are you not texting?
Speaker 1: First?
Speaker 2: Are the apps popping for anyone? Be serious? Every every person I know, I say, whew's that going there? This is grim?
Speaker 4: It's looking really Oh, We've got to change up the narrative. I feel like if we all collect you were like, you know what, it can get better. It's gonna get better. Then we start doing that place eboing totally agreed, like nothing changes, but our mindset changes, and then so we think it's better. I think we have a we have a responsibility to change the narrative.
Speaker 2: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: I'll start. I told you it slutty spring.
Speaker 2: Can't you can't use that term?
Speaker 1: Why not?
Speaker 2: Because I use it before? And you said no?
Speaker 1: You said where slutch?
Speaker 2: I said what I said? Podcasts, God and froms for.
Speaker 4: Me, phone down, listening ears on, speaking voices on We're on live radio. Get it together, King, I'm back, I'm back. What's the best dating tip you've ever received? After Domen't think too hard about it.
Speaker 2: I know it. My nana told me when I was thirteen. Okay, you said it to my mum and my dad. You are worth the price that you put on your head.
Speaker 1: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: People will pay whatever price you put in your head. So if you make yourself expensive, people pay the price.
Speaker 1: So how do you make yourself expensive?
Speaker 3: I only date or fornicate with people that I think are worthy of me.
Speaker 1: Cloud Chaser, got it? Say no more.
Speaker 2: I'm not giving myself away. Willy Nilly?
Speaker 1: Okay, who you trying to convince this? I heard you the first time.
Speaker 4: It's not often there are good dating tips on the internet. They all just fall into the same really specific category of people who've nevidated.
Speaker 1: Before pretinding they know what dating is.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 1: Leat me out of it, babe, I'm a hot commodity. But I heard on the other day.
Speaker 4: I was like this, chickers onto something because we all know it. But you have to remember, as someone who is charming, do you relate. Yeah, the eyes are glazing over someone who is charming entertaining. The thing I need to stop doing is entertaining myself for the both of us. You crack too many jokes. You think that you're both having a good time. No, you're the entertainer entertaining right. This dating tip this person gave was to not answer unasked questions, and by that you'll often find you might go on a date and you'll say, oh, so what's your favorite thing to do?
Speaker 1: You know, what are your hobbies?
Speaker 4: And they'll be like, oh, you know, I really like snowboarding, and I'm really into martial arts, and I really like brewing my own beer.
Speaker 1: It's like, I really love it.
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 4: You might jump in and say I love doing this and I like this. Now see how long it takes them to be genuinely interested in figuring out what you like to do. Wow, So people say one of two things. Don't keep asking questions, like once you asked a few, just let it sit and see what happened.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: Others say, just don't answer questions and have not been asked to you explicitly. I don't think it works for everyone, but if you find yourself just being like the date comedian, the date jester, the date entertainer. You gotta, you know, sit down, you break your back from carrying.
Speaker 3: I think this works for two reasons. I've done this on a date before. I realized they weren't asking me any questions, so I stopped asking them back.
Speaker 2: Of course, I paid for the bill, what because I just need to get out of there?
Speaker 1: Can you tell this around the potty bruv?
Speaker 3: I'm giving away too much on this podcast. I just you know those people that just have a story for every story you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to.
Speaker 3: Say I've lived a long life. It's rather that I've mind every experience. Yeah, I'm clutching his straws over here.
Speaker 1: Nah.
Speaker 3: I've been in this situation before where I realized someone on a date wasn't asking me any questions, and I thought, you know what, I know, I'm not I know this will go nowhere, so I'm just going to do an experiment. Didn't ask them any more questions got awkward. I had to make an excuse to get out of there. And when things get awkward in a date situation, I often just pay you to get out of there.
Speaker 4: How did you do it? So you you summoned the wager.
Speaker 2: I was just like, Oh, I reckon, I don't reckon. I'm going to have another drink. Should we go?
Speaker 4: Oh that sounds like a proposition from here though, Oh that sounds like, oh should we go?
Speaker 1: Oh wink wink. Maybe unless you didn't say it like.
Speaker 3: That, I probably didn't. Again, no game, Yeah, I reckon, I reckon. If you're doing this technique, they're not for you. M m. But also, I think this is a good time for self reflection. If you're asking questions and you're not asked and they're not like asking you it back, maybe you're asking leading questions so you can give your answer. Science people will ask your question and I'll rush through the answer because I know they just want to tell me their answer.
Speaker 2: Oh, so you could be doing that.
Speaker 1: That's an example of that.
Speaker 3: I'll ask you, oh, have you women's last time you ate a lolly? You say, oh, I ate one, and I'll jump over and say, oh my god, I had the best lolly yesterday.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah about the lolly. See what I mean?
Speaker 1: I yeah, I get that a lot.
Speaker 2: I've got to be checked both ways.
Speaker 1: It's a tricky one.
Speaker 4: Too, because also I feel like not everybody is made out to be the same type of conversation list. There are different roles you can play in a conversation, and not everybody is the one who's leading with a story or who's leading the trajectory of it, you know what I'm saying. Like, some people just naturally will share when invited to share, We'll speak when invited to be, we'll speak when spoken to.
Speaker 1: That kind of vibe.
Speaker 4: And I also think that traditional dating works a very specific archetype of person Like if you are super like, extroverted, charming, outgoing la la la la la, the dating landscape is made for you, and so naturally the way you operate becomes the standard.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So if you can't be quick, witty, charming, fast thinking on whatever, and everyone's like, oh, then like you're a weird person to date or like you're not interested, it'd be hard for those people.
Speaker 2: Do you ever not lay the conversation?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: But I think it doesn't suit me. Didn't I tell you when I was a couple months ago. When I say a couple, I mean like the start of October, I was like, yeah, I'm in my passive princess era.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna be the.
Speaker 3: I was this thinking, you know, maybe you aren't as self aware as you really.
Speaker 4: I wanted to try, I told him, doing exposure therapy, right, So I'm trying new things. What is life like when I'm not deciding what's happening. I'm not leading, I'm like, you're cute whatever. I'm just gonna try it out.
Speaker 1: See what the paces of everybody else? What pace are we moving at base?
Speaker 4: That was ten days of trauma.
Speaker 1: I just wait around for a text to come, and then when it comes, I gotta be I gotta be casual with it. I gotta be docile. I couldn't do it. My chest was tied. I gotta say how I feel.
Speaker 4: But it was a good exercise because I'm just I'm just built this way. I'm just built to be a little bit grading, very bold, very specific, and so I could imagine like in this instance, I'm a question asker, I'm a data minor whatever. But also I'm creating an environment where it's like, this is what we're doing. We're having covers that we're asking questions. If I also think how people respond to you is the environment that you've created as well? So if someone's not asking you questions. Number one, they're not interested. You're not made it a safe place to share. That's a big one.
Speaker 1: That's a big and they scared all you like.
Speaker 4: You just not like creating an environment where they're like, oh, this is gonna land. Well, I feel comfortable sharing something with you because I know that you'll make it comfortble for me to do so takes you know, what is it?
Speaker 1: Two to Tango's a minefield?
Speaker 3: Really it's a minefield, brav I will say, I'm a princess.
Speaker 2: I always feel be and that's that. Flex and frooms.
Speaker 4: On Halloween, the thirty first of October, I received a voice memo in my Instagram dms entitled hi Flex, am I the asshole incoming and a fifty nine second voice memo. I said, ooh, thank you, and did not listen to it because I knew I wanted to share it with you, and you can't fake a first impression. If I listened to it and then come back and listen to this, I'd be stonefaced. Think about my face as I'm learning through observing myself being filmed, It's all there. My resting bitch face is so activated. My brows are constantly furrowed. You could read it on me. So let's listen to it together, shall we?
Speaker 5: Hay chicks, So I have an am I the asshole parent? Addition, today is Halloween, and there was no notification from my son's kinder as to whether it was a dress update or anything like that. But as I arrived, I saw fifteen tiny little humans dressed in different Halloween costumes and my son was the only one not dressed in a costume. I don't know whether Halloween has become more of a thing now that it's twenty twenty two and American culture has just infiltrated Australia. But I don't ever remember dressing up like that for at school as a child, but it seems like it's super popular now. So I just want to know, like, can I get a vibe check? Am I the asshole? I didn't realize that.
Speaker 4: Oh, and then she did go on to say, I didn't realize it cut off.
Speaker 1: So if you want me to rerecord it, I can.
Speaker 4: And I said, babes, don't worry about it, like we can get the GISTs. I assumed we could get the gist and we can't.
Speaker 2: This is a lot.
Speaker 3: This is cross continental, cross cultural commentary coming your way.
Speaker 4: And it's a big one because if we thought, you know, a couple years ago, America had infiltrated our culture and suppressed it so heavily that all we do is think in americanisms, it's gotten way worse now.
Speaker 2: Depending away you sing, maybe way better, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or just way more prevalent. Now, that's what we're doing.
Speaker 4: So coming up, we are going to discuss what we think about it pro against Halloween.
Speaker 1: It's not even about that. We're here for the little kidlets, all right, who wants to be left out as a little kidd lit And of course think about mum feels be like, damn I didn't pull through like that? How was I meant to know? We gotta notification.
Speaker 4: I feel like it's a fun little novelty, but especially in the context of school, primary school or high school, k kindergarten, it's you go in your uniform and then you do a little you do a little lolly exchange or something. Maybe your teacher puts up some gaul some screen masks, but that is it. You can't just rock up in your playing clothes to school to kinder It's not a thing and if it was gonna be a thing.
Speaker 1: It is customary, especially.
Speaker 4: In little kid at schools these days, everything is so virtual, technological.
Speaker 1: They're always in a little updates, little updates.
Speaker 4: You would say, f YI, if you want to participate, we're doing costumes. If not, don't worry about it, because the thing about it is like it's not about like personal preference, It's about the optics of little kids. There is nothing worse than being left out as a little kid, because little kids don't realize how vicious they are when they're not around the norm. I could only imagine, why are you wearing a costume? What are you dressed up as? That stuff is traumatizing And then how do you go and explain to your kid, Oh, you know, I didn't notification?
Speaker 1: What is a notification? Notication?
Speaker 4: You know, speak is all the kids and things like mum didn't get it together or Mum didn't want to be bullied or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: It sucks far out.
Speaker 3: I really feel that nothing like getting left out. Did you ever have any dress up days at school?
Speaker 1: I don't recall.
Speaker 4: I feel like we just had like what we called mufty days where you could wear plain clothes.
Speaker 2: Why they called Mufty days.
Speaker 1: What that means is that worth googling?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: But our in Victoria is called casual clothes day muff, which is far more sensical.
Speaker 1: Mufty days.
Speaker 4: Wikipedia says it's used in Australia, Britain and New Zealand, day on which school pupils are allowed to wear casual clothes, which would usually be against the school ume's policy.
Speaker 1: But what does mufty mean? It's an Indian term.
Speaker 4: Oh but On twenty sixth of July twenty twenty, Pedessian wrote an article that said, turns out the origin of the term mufty day is kind of problematic.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna leave it right.
Speaker 4: We're gonna leave it right there. Rip America is unfortunately taking over. We need to do not even our due diligence. We need to work really, really hard to Australianize our Australian experience because so much of what we take is from other cultures and we're not really figuring out what is our own Halloween For example, that was notoriously quote unquote an American thing to do. And then we start watching one too many American shows, one too many American movies, one too many American American songs, and all of a sudden, we're all like, what's happening for Halloween? Yeah, next thing, you know, we're doing Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: Oh, that will never happen.
Speaker 4: I'm already doing a dinner party. You're joking, not for Thanksgiving. But I'm like, what a great opportunity to get the friends together.
Speaker 1: I guess.
Speaker 3: So if you get in a little turkey or tur ducan, when it's a bird inside a turkey inside of pork.
Speaker 1: That's really scary.
Speaker 3: I will say I've always been for Halloween. I think I was an early adopter of Halloween. I was doing trigger treating when there was literally no kids are there. I'm running around matt Wave leaving chick or treat hoping they do tricks so I can do a performance. And once I went to this house and obviously nobody freaking lollies, So you just gave me a block of cabri and I thought, win a winner chickens inner. That's my brother. Such a feral kid, Oh for sure, And I say go feral. I was staying in Cujie when it was new, when it was Halloween. This year, kids everywhere, kids away, one chick up the road was having a like a street party for to meet new people. And I said to her, Oh my god, like that suit. That must be so nice having kids because you can do Halloween like I don't have kids.
Speaker 4: And I was like, oh, this is flex and frooms on kit.
Speaker 3: FLEXI is a big hugger, self identified hugger. She's running around the office giving people hugs. Don't worry if you're not a hugger anyway.
Speaker 1: Non consensual hugging. I'm so sorry. Maybe I am the problem. Maybe I am.
Speaker 2: That's why. That's where you're going to end.
Speaker 1: Excuse me.
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 1: Is that a threst? Someone bringing hr?
Speaker 2: She's literally on air?
Speaker 3: This is on paper. The paper trail has begun. I was with on wiki how, one of my favorite websites. I go to what are the wiki hows of the day? These are the most popular articles. I find one and I think this has flex ratanola. It's what's sixteen of the most common hugs? Mean, let's get right into it. Number one is the classic hug. What's a warm intimate hug between friends? It's commonly you just the hugger wraps the arms around each other with the chest touching and their heads side by side, A great impraising hug for a few seconds.
Speaker 2: Yeah cool, And.
Speaker 1: We use this when we be sure.
Speaker 3: Typically given received this hug when you say goodbye or say hello, and someone who has romantic feelings for you may squeeze a little tighter or hug for a little longer. Next hug, please, and when you know, you know, I had one of these hugs this week.
Speaker 2: Again, we're on here, boys.
Speaker 4: Wait a second, were you doing the squeezing or they squeeze?
Speaker 2: So mutual squeeze you know? Okay, you know it's on when you're huge. Little squeeze at the end. And when you come away, look at each other's eyes. Were on here?
Speaker 3: Eat on tonight anyway, So that's in the back of the mind of the graft mind. Number two to bear hug. It's a long, tight hug that signals intimacy.
Speaker 1: My favorite.
Speaker 3: But be careful, don't squeeze too tightly with this one, boys, all right, the hug at the waist. This is giving me tingerly feelings. A hug around the waist is romantic and it means they trust you.
Speaker 1: Wait from okay, let's keep going. Yep.
Speaker 2: The side hug.
Speaker 1: Terrifying casual terrifying.
Speaker 3: Grows Oh my god, the hug from behind, playful affection, romantic part do a.
Speaker 2: Bit of a nuzzle. Number six. The quick hug when you're oh yeah, hey, yeah.
Speaker 1: I hate that, rebuke just to a handshake. The one armed hug, terrifying.
Speaker 2: That's a classic. The padding hug. It's usually one done between bros.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'm trying to integrate that.
Speaker 2: That's a dad and sun hug.
Speaker 1: I'll call out. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The triangle hug. It's cold, awkward and no one's okay.
Speaker 4: Since when your chest touches but you're you're growing and hip stay far away from each other.
Speaker 3: Again, that's a hug done out of obligation. Yeah, oh, this is a bad one. The unreciprocated hug. One person is standing limp like a fift A couple of those. You win something, you lose some. The catch a hug when you jump up on someone's body like a bear. Oh it's a sexy hug between children. An adult hug.
Speaker 2: Here's a big one. The eye to I hug, when you hug each other nuzzle. Have you ever done that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, actually, I think I've seen that on your TikTok with your ex boyfriend, flex.
Speaker 2: Mummy boyfriend on tikto le come up.
Speaker 3: The cuddle hug, that's a classic, the group hug, the pickpocket hug when you put yeah hand in the pocket.
Speaker 1: These are so many, and.
Speaker 2: Finally, guess what the final one is. I have a think something you could do right now, an air hug. The self hug. Oh remember, guys, self love is super who comes first? You come first? Okay, that's seeing Psyclopedia of hugs. Thank you for listening. This is flex and frooms.
Speaker 4: I know that you are absolutely gagging for a heart. Fact a bit of a hot tip I read on Reddit. If you get yourself to be really happy and excited to see other people, they will react the same way to you. Doesn't always happen the first time, but it will definitely happen the next time. Time and time again. This has always worked. What do we call this? A bit of psychological manipulation, psychological warfare. All the most charming people do it. So jump on board.
Speaker 2: So you're essentially you know how humans mirror each other? Is that what's happening?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: But I guess you're you're like you're placing your mirroring in a happy way, or you're like you're wanting supposed to reflect you right, like.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this person's really stoked. I'm stoked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, try that.
Speaker 1: Blink for me.
Speaker 2: I see you do this with people around the office.
Speaker 3: You come in, embrace people, give them a big hug, make them feel special. I'm in my own little world, to be honest, I do try and stop but preserving.
Speaker 4: Let the fans know you're still available when the opportunity presents itself.
Speaker 5: I understand you've been listening to the Flex and Rooms Daily podcast. For more, tune in de k O on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.