Speaker 1: Are some guy is the ace Man.
Speaker 2: Our producer is e Roll aka Clupman.
Speaker 1: Our bosses Shan what's a shan nickname?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I don't know what do you call your wife?
Speaker 1: Oh? You want me to call our boss Shannon? Pooky Pie.
Speaker 2: Throwing out a few babes.
Speaker 1: I did the induction about harassment, and I don't think pooky Pie would fly.
Speaker 2: I don't remember the harassment bit of the induction.
Speaker 1: Did you not do it? Is that why you've been walking around grabbing asses?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Just every time I woke up the stairs on my Hong Kong.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you keep telling the roll he's a beefcake.
Speaker 2: Do you see those messages?
Speaker 1: No way, Dave? Well, can you believe the opening week? It's exciting. We've done so much.
Speaker 2: Already, We've done too much.
Speaker 1: Some might say we just had a couple of seagulls in here.
Speaker 2: I don't. I don't know what to say about it.
Speaker 1: That was weird.
Speaker 2: It was like, I mean, it looked insane.
Speaker 1: It did look insane.
Speaker 2: I can imagine it looking good on camera. Do they get like all excess passes these? I hope not. I hope they're not at a gym like us.
Speaker 1: You don't want to see the seagulls doing squats and deadlifts at the gym.
Speaker 2: I don't want to super seagulls on the practice courts. They probably look better than us. Yeah, well me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So these are this is an older couple, husband and.
Speaker 2: Wife, we assume. Yeah, you can tell they're all through the outfit the gate, yeah, the seagull gate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can tell. One of them had bad seagull hips.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And like, I mean, if you've been married for forty years, what else are you going to do?
Speaker 1: That's true?
Speaker 2: True seagull time is coming.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And they wouldn't speak. They just squawked.
Speaker 2: No, they said one word, what word?
Speaker 1: Mine for the chips?
Speaker 2: For the chips. We fed them chips. Yes, you heard that right, We fed them chips for chips. What did your parents want you to do with your life? They wanted me to be a radiographer actually, which is an X ray person. And what am I doing now interviewing squawking seagulls?
Speaker 1: Yeah, feeding an old man chips who's wearing a seagull outfit? Will they be proud?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they'd be surprised. They'll be like, is this a job? I know I have a lot of degree. Yeah, I was a lawyer.
Speaker 1: Well, and I'm asking an old woman and a seagull outfit if she would shit on a Rafael on the doll statue.
Speaker 2: Two squawks for no. Yeah, she didn't want to shoot on anyone. She did.
Speaker 1: The husband was the big ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: How many ships can we get away with on this unlimited chap that's the name of your solo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my special coming out, unlimited ships to give. I'm a menipuzzled woman. Look out, that's my stick. Yeah.
Speaker 1: We have the seagulls in here. They were Roger Featherer.
Speaker 2: And Boris Pecker.
Speaker 1: And also we do in our lovely set here, we do have a couple of seagulls once in a cage and they were traumatized. But then we played them in the one point ping pong slam and I hit a ping pong ball at speed at the back of an old lady.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So perfect day, so much.
Speaker 2: Proud parents.
Speaker 1: Anyways, that's not a tease for the seagull chat. I don't know what is sday tuned big day already, big big Yeah.
Speaker 2: I walked in through the kids center, did you this morning? Yeah? If you come through from the Flinders Street side. You walk straight through the kids stuff and it is going off in there.
Speaker 1: At ten thirty, I have to keep fifty meters away from that timmer.
Speaker 2: That's unfortunate because it's really something. Yeah, man, you go. I saw a couple of kids, I assume siblings. Yeah, a brother hit his sister with the tennis ball on purpose, a little bit.
Speaker 1: Like what we're doing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're kids, Yeah, they're good.
Speaker 1: But we're you know, stunted adults.
Speaker 2: I know. But then then the boy got in trouble and his payback was the girl got to hit the boy.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: Thought that's nice. Yeah, that's great. And then I saw all these kids without their top so on, like boys, young boys were I was like, what's going on? And then I realized there's a little water park. Yeah definitely. I was like, what is this? And then I saw there's like an inflatable water side right, yeah, so there's just kids like going anyway, we.
Speaker 1: Can boot all the kids out of this section and we get free.
Speaker 2: It looks really fun. And then there's also a stage where they're reading tennis youth.
Speaker 1: Novels, right, young adult tennis fiction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it. Wow, Like nobody was there.
Speaker 1: What would a young adult tennis book be.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I imagine a little bit horny, to be honest, What the hell isn't that any young adult? Anything I wrote as a young adult was like just like leaning into puberty.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's like a rite of passage or discovery. Yeah, did you see anything else walking through the kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, at the end of the kids zone, I found the shake Shack. Oh, so I want to go there this afternoon and try my first shake shack.
Speaker 1: We've been good so far. We've been eating salads and some sushi. But you're thinking we ruin all.
Speaker 2: That, and well you don't. I'm not insane. You shouldn't. Wait wait, what are you implying? You said you're on a dog? Okay, you're watching what you eat.
Speaker 1: I heard when I was playing in the one point Slam, which we'll get to very soon. We played it yesterday, but I heard I heard your voice when I was on court. I heard you distinctly say look at that tub of goog.
Speaker 2: Wow, he can really move.
Speaker 1: Who would have thought? Yeah, the one point Slam will get to later in the episode, but it was quite the event. We have so many stories.
Speaker 2: I feel like you can tell in the tones of our voices how things went.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But other than that, let's get into the show proper. Quiet please welcome to pod Labor Arena. We are back for day three of opening week of the Australian Open. As always, my name is Mike goldteen and I'm joined by the Pat McEnroe to my John McEnroe Lizzy, who Yes, you cannot be serious.
Speaker 2: I am not serious.
Speaker 1: This is good. It's another huge day. Yesterday was thirty four thousand people. What is on a Tuesday for a qualifying week?
Speaker 2: People are crazy for tennanse here. Yeah, it's wild. It's so it's like shouldered to shoulder out there, and it's good out there. Yeah, it's fun.
Speaker 1: They put on such a good event, like it like it's a carnival out there.
Speaker 2: The Hot Ship played last night, did they? Yeah? Right? I saw a lot of people on my socials that went to that, all right.
Speaker 1: At the Seagulls were front and center for Hot Ship, Am I right?
Speaker 2: But I missed up?
Speaker 1: And yeah, as we said before, we played in the one point Slam yesterday. A lot more people watching that than I would have expected.
Speaker 2: And expected or wanted to be honest, I didn't really know what I was getting myself in.
Speaker 1: Well, we'll get more into that in a bit. I can't wait to revisit trauma. Look, I will say this, and uh, the powers that'd be if they don't like it. You know, I'm sorry, but I'm a I'm an edge lord.
Speaker 2: Yeah, famous, famous the opening week.
Speaker 1: The numbers are so good. They're wondering if people have been duped to thinking opening week means the tournament proper.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it is a little misleading. I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: In the company line.
Speaker 2: I don't want to get fired. I actually I actually think the person who coined it opening week needs are raised. True, Yeah, because they have doubled attendance, more than doubled. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think the opening day last year was something like seven thousand people and it was twenty five thousand. So I mean, you do the math. And I'm not saying that because you're half Asian.
Speaker 2: I wasn't even thinking that. Then that's how good at math's I am.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll bring it up because there was a post online.
Speaker 2: I think I saw the same one. Was it the comments?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, from like Twitter or something, yeah, th eggs whatever it is whatever truth social.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people here opening week and they think it's the first week of the main draw tournament. But I put it to you that that's.
Speaker 2: On them for not for not looking into not.
Speaker 1: Looking into it, and also what's on seeing what's on, And then also they're getting their money's worth. It's twenty bucks to get in on the grounds, you got to go see some awesome matches. So I think in the past it's just been called qualifying week, right, right, So then people are like, oh, okay, I guess you're every man would think, oh, qualifiers all right, whatever. But then people are just wandering around, you know, expecting to see sinner or you know, outcrass. But they can also see them practicing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they can see them practicing and doing exhibition.
Speaker 1: That yeah, and getting a good seat.
Speaker 2: So you would never actually see that if you came in the next couple of weeks, well you could, but it'd be.
Speaker 1: Expect Yeah, you're paying for broad labor tickets.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: A roll suggested our producer that you might only see the seagulls in the opening week.
Speaker 2: Which is a major draw cut.
Speaker 1: I think. So I looked into their hallowed out dead eyes, yeah, and it was like looking into the void it's like they.
Speaker 2: Got a whole puncher and did it a few times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you stare into the abyss. Sometimes the abyss stares into you. Speaking of people who are who are coming to the the Open? Have you heard the rumor about Taylor and Travis?
Speaker 1: Wow? Is that even any sense of credibility to that?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I also think the pr person here should get a race, because it's like they've extended an open invitation to Taylor Swift and Travis Kelsey to come to the Open.
Speaker 1: Do they have a cute couple name truly.
Speaker 2: Mister missus Swift? Yeah, I do. I don't know. I'm not really as swiftys. I am not a swifty I am cool. I'm like rock. Don't get the Taylor Swift fans after us, Oh yeah, we love you.
Speaker 1: I feel like if you don't want to turn their fans off against you, you don't want to turn the BTS fans against you.
Speaker 2: Oh they're coming out? Yeah that would be that.
Speaker 1: Would be huge. But I mean that kind of hurts if Travis Kelce came out because it's during NFL playoffs and I know he's free because my team is the Kansas City Chiefs. I grew up in Kansas City, and I know his schedule is free and clear because we shit the bed and did not even make the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how would you feel you think if you were Travis Kelcey and you've lost, and you've got all this free time and then just a little open invitation to thea AO comes along, would you do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, But I feel anything in the world.
Speaker 1: I feel like he's carrying Tatay's luggage for her, and he's like, oh, that's a pretty far trip and her sharpa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well they do have a private jin, but I don't know you could extend an open invitation to anyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, let's do it right here. Open invitation Taylor Swift Travis Kelcey to come on pod Labor Arena.
Speaker 2: Other guests have included the Seagulls.
Speaker 1: Yeah, an old married couple dress like Seagulls.
Speaker 2: Eliza West Tennis fashion content creator was fantastic, and maybe Saloon Stea.
Speaker 1: I think she already bailed. I got the text while we were talking.
Speaker 2: Taylor, Travis, if you're listening, please come on.
Speaker 1: Please come on. Yeah. As always, the podcast is brought to you by Piper Heidzik Champagne, the only Champagne players choose to drink between sets.
Speaker 2: We assume, we assume.
Speaker 1: And also I don't know if we've gotten any emails. We'll check with our producer, but right into us at Podlabor at tennis dot com dot au. Let us know your feedback, unless it's too hurtful, because I am a very fragile little man.
Speaker 2: You, Mike will cry.
Speaker 1: I won't do we have any emails?
Speaker 2: No, keep that in no, but yeah, the pod is young, is young?
Speaker 1: Welcome back to pod Labor arena. We are talking headline calls, all the biggest news from in and around the tennis world.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: We talked about Bernard Thomic winning his first qualifying round. He's playing his second qualifying round as we speak speak right now. I saw his orange BMW parked outside.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's looking a little west for west.
Speaker 1: A little worse for wear. But another Ausie hopeful, Vukic Alexander Vukic in the Adelaide tournament took out sits A pass Stefanos. He was too busy not practicing because he was fixing the stitching on his leopard print pantaloons. Sits A bass did not get through that round. And Vukic he's always kind of been a journeyman tennis player. I believe he's thirty years old now, which is old in the Tennis World Show. And he's like always been solid in wild cards, qualifying whatever, and like I want to say, he's pushed through to the second or third round. I could making that up. But we love Vukic. So we're off team Atomic and onto Alexander Vukic.
Speaker 2: Okay, so there's no room for both.
Speaker 1: There's no room for it's one or the other.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, so fickle.
Speaker 1: We're so fickle. But I mean, look, we just love to see. Uh. I wish that tu Pass was wearing the leopard print.
Speaker 2: I wish he had a tennis version of it right, that it was just shorts and like a singlet. Nice, that would be amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, Like but like the single, it only goes halfway down like a midrift.
Speaker 2: Yeah, beautiful, beautiful, and it's got like some like gaping arms, you know, oh, like a single, like a real loose so he's flowing. Yeah, you could see everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, but Vukach took him out in straight sets at the Adelaide Tournament. Another great tournament in the lead up to the Australian Open. Some other news from around the tennis world. Mexican player reveals Ozzie sunburn is the headline. I'll give you a go at pronouncing her name. I've seen her.
Speaker 2: Before, Renada Zarazua, Zarazua.
Speaker 1: I'm thinking, yeah, so the story here is just she got her really bad sunburn.
Speaker 2: I am. I am passionate about sunscreen. I don't know if you knew that about me, but yeah, I really love a Fact to fifty. And all around the grounds they have big pump bottles of Factor fifty everywhere. I've been spotting them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've noticed you've been like filling your water bottle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm taking it. It's the mecca stuff.
Speaker 1: You know how ect is good stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really is good stuff. But she's she's got a picture of her back and it is red raw. I mean, some of it does look like some Chinese cupping stuff going on, but then a lot of it is just I reckon it's third degree. Wow, it's auchi.
Speaker 1: I mean this just tells you, actually, how punishing the Australia.
Speaker 2: It is really bad here because.
Speaker 1: She's Mexican, right, like she would be used to hot conditions, yes, and I mean most tennis players would.
Speaker 2: But she just she doesn't know about the hole, the Ozone hole?
Speaker 1: No, what's that it was? It wasn't Tazzy.
Speaker 2: Does Tazzy have worse? Like you know in New Zealand the hole is worse.
Speaker 1: Is that true?
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: I've heard that about Perth, that the hole in the Ozone is worse. Oh I thought it was, or maybe someone was just calling Perth a hole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so, Yeah, I think just hot. But New Zealand like if you if you're there, the sun feels Bernie Bernie Atomic, Bernie tomic. Correct, that's what the ratings.
Speaker 1: Are, right, So slip, stop slap if you're out there. I don't know how you don't know that. It's obviously a tennis player. But I think Australians has been ingrained into them to stay more sun saved. It couldn't go out if anyone needs me to run the sunscreen on them throughout the open.
Speaker 2: Here for you.
Speaker 1: Right to us aid pod labor or are we pod labor at? What are we pod labor.
Speaker 3: At a.
Speaker 2: Tennis dot com.
Speaker 1: Right to us at pod labor at tennis dot com dot Au. If you would like me to apply sunscreen to your body, don't? Yeah, but yeah, everyone stay safe out there in the brutal ausy son. Another story player, Camillogo. I imagine it's Ugo.
Speaker 2: We're saying, where's the I go?
Speaker 1: Camillo? Ugo.
Speaker 2: Cara Belly cut his hair at mid match. Why wouldn't you if it was annoying you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe you thought his previous haircut made him look like a bit of an Ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly a bit of an Ugo. But he just gets out the scissors, like the medical scissors from the first aid kit and cuts his fringe a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, make you more aerodynamic, you think, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was getting in his eyes and he just thought it's gotta go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's kind of weird to have scissors in your like go bag at a tennis marriage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have first aid scissors, probably to cut the bandages and.
Speaker 1: This is an emergency.
Speaker 2: Yeah you got cut.
Speaker 1: Yeah, would you ever do any kind of I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, beauty, beauty mid game mid game? Well this is why I think all women in sports a lot of them wear braids. Oh yeah, did you notice this? Like sock players tennis players. So there's a lot of braids, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought they'd all just all back. I thought they'd all just come back from holiday and BALI.
Speaker 2: No, it's not, that's so funny. No, okay, they said they wear the braids, so it's all out of their right. So I think he needs a braid.
Speaker 1: Okay, breid it up all right, treadlocks.
Speaker 2: No, just like a front braid, front braid. Yeah, with maybe a headband or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, interesting though, the hairy cut mid match or swand but is it kind of a power move as well? If you look across the court and your opponents like doing some grooming, some casual grooming.
Speaker 2: You'd be like, you'd be super distracted.
Speaker 1: Yeah. My next tennis match, on the change of ends, I'm gonna wax my backsack and.
Speaker 2: Crack nothing going on here.
Speaker 1: Is that your Mike g impression?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's you. I'm waxing my backsack of crack.
Speaker 1: Pretty good.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: One more story that happened yesterday at the q Yoon Classic. Nick Kurrios want a match against uh triple Z.
Speaker 3: Triple Z.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we want him on the podcast.
Speaker 1: We do want him.
Speaker 2: Want to both actually yeah, and Z. But he looked good.
Speaker 1: Do you want to have a good say in his name proper?
Speaker 2: See ethnically, I am Chinese and this is gonna embarrass all of my ancestors. They're in their little graves right now.
Speaker 1: You'll have to commit seppuku. Is that the right? Ji Jen Jung Zi Zen Jung lost to Nick Kirios in a battle at the key on Classic, showing that Kirios still has the chops and singles, but he's still not going to play.
Speaker 2: He couldn't go a long game though, five yeah destroy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean maybe a little too many video games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, munchies, Yeah, maybe maybe a couple of monchies.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's it's good to see him back playing. I mean, he's always exciting and awesome to watch, and the Triple Z is a great player.
Speaker 2: And that's a good matchup personalities. But I like to see Curios playing because then he's going to be fitter for the doubles.
Speaker 1: True, Yeah, special K and the doubles. I'm ready for it, ready for it? All right, let's look ahead to the one point slam.
Speaker 2: Oh what we've all been wed in to talk about?
Speaker 1: This is it?
Speaker 3: This is it.
Speaker 2: We're talking about the one point Slam that we both competed in yesterday.
Speaker 1: What a day.
Speaker 2: What a day. So when we got in yesterday, they said, hey, we got you guys an entry in the one point Slam and I was like cool, and I didn't think anything about now. And then I asked you to bring in a racket for me. I did, and that that was it. That was the prep. I just bought in sneakers. I was like, I better take sneakers in.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then we did our pod and then we went to the practice course.
Speaker 1: We had a hit with Eliza West.
Speaker 2: Yeah, quite good turn.
Speaker 1: She was killing us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'd want to be good, Like she looks good. She's got a nice skirt and she got the good outfit. If you're wearing that outfit, you want to be good at tennis. Whoa she delivered Yeah, like you know, tennis content creator and she backs it up with a solid game. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So she was also competing in the one point Slam. We went and played on practice courts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like where all the professionals are practice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's people looking over at us like whiffing serves.
Speaker 2: I think we were in the middle court.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, before we talk about our experience. Let's have a look at what happened at the one point slam. Do you have to you have to relive it? Lizzie and Mike Hare from Pod Labor Arena. We're competing in the million dollar one point slam. You excited?
Speaker 2: I'm pumped.
Speaker 1: Oh, we're going to take.
Speaker 2: It super seriously. We immediately began training before being escorted to court six, where we drank heavily and said the word tennis to calm our.
Speaker 1: Nurse you in a million bucks. What are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm going to quit the odd labor.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do all Oh wow, tennis. We also bumped into an overconfident Dave Hughes. I hope we go up against each other, So do I.
Speaker 2: If I go up against you on one step close, you do.
Speaker 3: A million dollars.
Speaker 1: And you need the money.
Speaker 2: And Adam Hillsy Hills gave us no help whatsoever.
Speaker 1: What's your strategy today, Adam.
Speaker 2: Strategy?
Speaker 3: My strategy is to not tighten up.
Speaker 1: Oka say lose. Yeah, you think you might choke at at one.
Speaker 2: First round, I had to play a pro, which is total bullshit.
Speaker 1: I'm here with SU's Loman's we're up against each other and the million dollar one point slam. She is a pro. I am not, but anything can have any points, so we'll see, we'll see. I have the eye of the tiger.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I have.
Speaker 1: I felt like a gladiator walking into the coliseum if I went the why because I'm the better tennis player. I think I got she took one looking man. She has that scame time, and I was feeling super positive. Felt I received Susan hits the net and Goldstein advances. I could practically taste the million one down forty to goo.
Speaker 3: Wow, not only Monster baking Man, maybe not baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know who I play? Really?
Speaker 1: What's that at me?
Speaker 2: Soon? Have you got in the first round? A lazy I'm not going on. I'm sorry. I am so nervous. I didn't really know what I was getting myself into because I were like, yeah, you can play this. I'm like, yeah, sure, it'll be easier. And now I'm here and there's there's pro tennis players here, there's people with like serious muscles, and I get to play. Comedian Davehews.
Speaker 3: One two three, but his pathetic little serve surprised me.
Speaker 2: You did it welcome.
Speaker 1: I can't believe I lost to you, but I was still alive, and Lizzie had that to look forward to.
Speaker 2: Still on you, Mike, and I can't stick around because I gotta go walk my dog.
Speaker 1: Tennis tennis. My time had finally arrived.
Speaker 2: We've gotten my goldsteam once again.
Speaker 3: A comedian and one of our books of lavor Arena.
Speaker 1: I felt extremely confident in going up against Coco goth hitting partner. This is BS. I'm gonna complain to Craig Tyler. He's right up there.
Speaker 2: The gestion box does not think JOCHI.
Speaker 1: Allright, my gold is up ready. I can only assume Coco was cheering for me. I'm gonna go cry on the top for a while.
Speaker 2: Whow that was awesome, Mike, what a time.
Speaker 1: I looked a lot cooler in my mind.
Speaker 2: That was cool? Was it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? My form is terrible.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about that. You beat a pro.
Speaker 1: I did beat a pro. I knocked a pro out of a major tournament.
Speaker 2: You did, and then you got to go up against Coco Golf's hitting pun. I don't know if you get as well, like in a sentence, yeah, you played Coco go hitting.
Speaker 1: I was also he's also I don't know if you could tell in the video, but one of the hottest men I've ever seen. Yeah, I would turn by curios.
Speaker 2: Oh really, we need to buy Curios button.
Speaker 1: What a day. It was such a good event. I know you're still reeling a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it was.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: We were thrown into the thick of it. We were We had no idea what we were getting into. We get there after a quick hitting sash with Eliza West start our guest on yesterday's app and I immediately see some professional players, one in particular Pablo Corina Busta, who was once top ten in the world as.
Speaker 2: Recently casually hanging out.
Speaker 1: Casually hanging out playing in the tournament. Surely like looking around like I got this, yeah, yeah, And I was like, holy hell, there's some proper players in this.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then that was us us.
Speaker 1: The only other comedians in play were Adam Hills, as you saw in Dave Hughes and yeah, I was talking to Adam Hills a lot.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, what did he have to say, because he's he plays tennis quite a bit.
Speaker 1: He does, Hughsey told me once because Adam Hills, you know, has a prosthetic foot and it's like a metal the Blade Runner type thing. And Hughsey said he played Hillsey on a day that was so hot, Adam Hills's foot melted and he's he's you know, still claims he won the best.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he'll take anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was talking to Hilsey and he said he's been thinking about it for weeks. The strategy is to serve, to elect to serve. If you win Rock paper Scissors, why because then you can at least be in the point if you roll it in. If you hit enough of an easy serve, you're in the point. And he thinks the percentages are higher. And then if they I know, I know, and then the pros get one serve, right, So he thought if they land to serve, it's going to be much harder to return, right. So he goes out there with this, I'm gonna elect to serve. You know. There's a big cheer for Adam Hills. Uh, and he double faults.
Speaker 2: Strategy out the window the wind weeks of strategy planning a whiteboard.
Speaker 1: I heard.
Speaker 2: Out on a double fault.
Speaker 1: Well, at what point did you find out you were playing?
Speaker 2: Dave Hughes, Well, I looked they had printouts of the drawer in that little area where we were sort of congregating, and I just looked at the name and I'm like, hang on a minute, I'm thirty one is Lizzie who thirty two is Dave Hughes? Am I playing Husy? And I'm like, I'm playing Husy? And then I went up to Husey. I was like, you're playing me? And the look of disappointment on this guy's face because I think, actually, well, to be fair, I think he was like quite quite excited because he knew he could get to the second round. But also I think he wanted to play a pro. Yeah really, yeah, you he hed Hugh No.
Speaker 1: Hughsey's eyes lit up. Yeah, because he thought he had more of a chance of getting through. But I also thought it gave you a chance same, you know.
Speaker 2: I also thought that because.
Speaker 1: When I saw my name, Susan Lemonz, I was like, I know that name, and then I looked her up and she's been ranked as high fifty seventh in the world. She's not even in qualifying because she's already in the main draw of the Australian Open. A Dutch player. Very nice and she was like, are you nervous? And I'm like, yeah, I guess I'm pretty nervous. But I feel like you'll just kill me. And she's like, oh, I don't know, and she was, you know, worried.
Speaker 2: Did you get in her head?
Speaker 1: I got in her head. I was playing my game straight away. I was like, can I put some block on your back? Fifty? And so I was. The nerves didn't really hit me till I was out on court.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, this is more nerve wracking than any gig I've ever done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and there's a lot of people watch it a lot. You just don't want to double fault. I think that's if you're serving, you don't want to double fault.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Right, And so I was up before you, and then I missed you a game. I was in the toilet. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in my head, that last shot I hit was a a real winner, a real winner, not a weird lanky slice.
Speaker 2: She was probably like, I've never seen this shot before.
Speaker 1: Well that's what she said.
Speaker 2: She was like. She was like, that short ball screwed me up. I didn't know what the hell that was.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just threw some junk at her and then she tried to drop shot her back hits the top of the tape, and then she wasn't happy afterwards. Probably didn't help that I ran around with my arms in the air.
Speaker 2: As you should, as is your right when you defeat a professional.
Speaker 1: Thinking about it now, I should have kissed my bice absence.
Speaker 2: Yes, you should have. You should have done a few push ups, taken your shirt off. Real football's like pomping. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, but the adrenaline was like through the roof.
Speaker 2: I couldn't sleep last night. I know a man. I woke up so many times. Think we're just replaying my terrible points.
Speaker 1: Well, run us through it, running through you and Hughsy.
Speaker 2: Okay, so Hughesy's obviously being Hughsy, just this obnoxious, frail man like he loves that we're friends. We're okay, and you know, I'm always excited to see him because he looks like he doesn't have long to live.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, this is good. We only have so much time.
Speaker 3: With the man.
Speaker 2: So look, let's give him his final wishes. We play. We do I reckon.
Speaker 3: We do.
Speaker 2: Think the package didn't show it, but I reckon. We did five rock paper.
Speaker 1: That was That was fun.
Speaker 2: That was probably really it was a great highlight.
Speaker 1: Is it weird to know you and Hughes are on the same wavelane?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because the chicks say, well, they're on the same waveleg. Oh, I don't know if we are, but yeah, maybe we're we're dialed in you are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you guys are very similar comedically.
Speaker 2: I talk about my kids and how many houses I have for Crown, I got to work hus we do, we both do. But all so, he was talking a lot of smacks. He was talking a lot of smack, and then he couldn't decide whether he was going to serve or not. And then he's like and he finally says, and he says this pathetic, pathetic serve, And I was standing too deep. I was like, oh no, oh no, I'm going to have to do I had to do a couple of strides and then I hit it. I hit it too hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, went out, He coaxed in. It was a drop serve. He brings you in and then to handle it like you're kind of falling through the shot. And then just pushed it.
Speaker 2: Yeah too long. I know I needed more gentle touch. If I would do it again, I'd just stand further in and just maybe just tap it back, make him run.
Speaker 1: Get in his head. Yeah, your time is up, old man, is it? Yeah? Enough being on every single Channel.
Speaker 2: Ten show, every single promotional thing you can be on. He was wearing his AFL Legends jerseys. He was famously he cracked his ribs at the Legends match. Yeah, at the Legends match. It isn't sorry. I was gonna say, if there's any overseas listeners, Hughsey is a big famous Australian comedian. Yes, just to clarify, yes, but he's also brittle and frail. Yeah. I have way more bone density than this guy.
Speaker 1: If you would have served and if he if the ball hit him, he would have just been pulverized into dust.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Maybe that's my strategy for next time. Aim for his body and then he just disintegrates on court. And but what about hitting against Cocoa Gov's hitting partners.
Speaker 1: Well, so in the second round, I was up against Cocoa Gov's hitting partner, Like I said, one of the hottest men I've ever seen in my life. Yes, and he uh, as you saw from the video, I thought I hit a decent backhand coming into the net. But then he just smoked it down the line.
Speaker 2: You almost got there though, you weren't that far off.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that far off? Yeah, I'm just glad I didn't a double fault.
Speaker 2: Yeah you did well.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think you can tell doctor Goldstein about this one. Oh really, Yeah, he'd be proud of this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you hear that, doctor Goldstein. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So the finalist tonight, The finalist tonight. We're gonna go watch it. I'm excited.
Speaker 1: I want to see how my buddy Andy Lee does out there.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's in the final. See, there was some celebs that went straight to final. They which usual. He was really upset about. He thought he should have gone straight to final.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he didn't make the cut for the big final tonight. But Karl Stefanovic. And then this is the one that Alcarez and I think Zverevt. Oh wow. I don't know if sinners An Epoch is playing in it as well. Right, she comes up against her hitting partner.
Speaker 2: She'd be a bit of excitement though, because it is quite tense. Energy out there is tense because anything could happen.
Speaker 1: Anything could happen. But we both lost.
Speaker 2: Well, you lost in the second round. Yeah, I lost real early. Anyway, we'll tell you about it tomorrow. I will tell you all about it and yeah.
Speaker 1: Fun, it's definitely all right. Guys.
Speaker 2: Do you want to win some prizes? We got some prizes for you, big cash money prizes.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 1: The Australian Open twenty twenty six is doing the ten million dollar bracket challenge. Well, AO is launching a new bracket challenge for AO twenty six with a ten million dollar prize.
Speaker 2: Okay, so apparently if someone predicts every winner then the men's draw or the women's draw before the tournament starts, they win ten million aud That's crazy.
Speaker 1: That is crazy. It's wild. It's the richest rise in world tennis for this kind of.
Speaker 2: Game, powered by Nixo whatever that is nex. So let's go.
Speaker 1: Let's go next.
Speaker 2: So we'll have more details in the coming days of the tournament. Do you think we can enter?
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, we're there. Yeah. Who are you picking one of the seagulls?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Toma all the way.
Speaker 1: Well, speaking of seagulls, you're gonna love this. Next segment, Welcome back to Pod laver Arena. Two huge guests today on the squawk Box. We have Roger Featherer and Boris Pecker.
Speaker 2: Which one is? Which one is? Which?
Speaker 1: I have no idea?
Speaker 2: Boris Boris Roger Roger Feather right, does this intimidate you? This cage it's a little bit sad.
Speaker 1: So we'll ask you some questions. I guess. Squawk once if the answers yes, Squawk twice if the answer is no, All right?
Speaker 3: What what?
Speaker 2: How many chips have you stolen today? I feel like that was above.
Speaker 1: I told my parents I'd be interviewing Tennis Grace.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're gonna get Roger Veteran Jakovin. Yes, you know me, and here we are.
Speaker 1: Tell me if you could only that's not yes or no? Would you defecate? Hey, I'm getting there, I'm getting there. Oh god, my professionalism is being called out by Boris Pecker.
Speaker 2: Is that a career high for you?
Speaker 1: Would you'll throw this to Roger Feather? Squawk once for yes, squawk twice for now? Would you defecate on a statue of Raphael on the doll?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes? Interesting? Would you?
Speaker 2: Would you defecate on a statue of Bernard Tomic?
Speaker 1: You don't know who that is?
Speaker 2: He's playing right now.
Speaker 1: Anymore? Any more? Chips? You guys, so thank you so much for coming in today. I want to see that gobble down the hatch.
Speaker 2: Let's get it down there.
Speaker 1: So close?
Speaker 2: Is there?
Speaker 3: You go?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: How do you feed the baby gulls?