Speaker 1: Okay, so Christmas is just around the corner.
Speaker 2: Like I feel like I can smell the missiletoe in the air, I can taste the Christmas pudding.
Speaker 1: Christmas. I mean, I was trying to be descriptive until you brought that in.
Speaker 3: That's my job, feeling jolly. I was dressed as Santa. Laura's dressed is Missus Claus and.
Speaker 1: I'm an elf.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's all right, No, But I think it's a really important time of year to talk about presents. I think it's really important to know what people want and don't want, because there's nothing worse than getting a gift that you're like, I actually have no use for this. It's not gonna do anything. You've wasted your money. And there's a list going viral at the.
Speaker 1: Moment, which I think is perfect.
Speaker 2: And this woman has put her whole list of things like if you are someone in my life that wants to.
Speaker 1: Buy me something, don't make it. It's not none of these you know. I kind of love that. I love it, like the opposite effect.
Speaker 4: It's like instead of saying these are the things I want, and it's like, I want a lot of stuff, but none of this.
Speaker 2: Well, it's the stuff that like, okay, anything personalized, so like personalized blankets, anything that's had your name graved dinner, like a frame that has a name at the bottom, just don't do it.
Speaker 1: Loads of people like personalized gears.
Speaker 4: That's what about with your lettering, like you know, just like you're embossing of your initials or something.
Speaker 3: No, it's so you can regift it, I think, because if you get given a gift that's embroidered, you can't then regift that.
Speaker 2: I reckon teachers twenty of their students get a monk with a name on it as well.
Speaker 4: That's true. It's a little bit naf, but also it could be thoughtful. I'm not completely against lift of things not together.
Speaker 1: It's like tea towels.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, they suck, Yeah, especially they always.
Speaker 4: Yes, Okay, what if you are someone who spends a lot of time in the kitchen, te tails could be important.
Speaker 1: Not against this.
Speaker 3: Hey, you know how you complain about being trapped in the kitchen. Here's something that will make you spend more time trapped in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: A teatower, and not even a good quality one once it don't wipe up anything.
Speaker 1: This list, Yes, candles no, that's mine. I don't want candles.
Speaker 3: See, but it's universal. Everyone hates getting a candle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and a cheese knife, only because I've been given so many cheese knives.
Speaker 1: And don't have enough cheese. I love cheese knives, but I've got so many written. Do you guys suck? I will take any of these presents? Well, what do you not want? Okay?
Speaker 4: The one thing I don't want and like, I don't mind a gift card. Give cards are fine, but only if they're for a shop that you actually go to. Okay, wait, I've got another one. Self help books. I once had an ex boyfriend who bought me a self help book, and I think.
Speaker 1: He was trying to tell me. Ex boyfriend also not so subtle.
Speaker 3: Can I say one thing?
Speaker 1: Food? I don't want food.
Speaker 3: I can shop for my own food. My Alma, who doesn't listen to the radio because the car broke so I know she's not listening to this. Almah, stop buying me Dutch snacks.
Speaker 2: You make us buy you lunch every day and you happily take that.
Speaker 3: That's different.
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Can I tell you what I did? This is the ultimate fail last year. I'm so embarrassed. We were going to have family Christmas, and we do Chris Kringle. Everyone buys like, you know, twenty dollar gift, thirty dollars gift, whatever. But the whole idea is you never know who gave it to you. And we're on the way up the coast and my sister Sherry had called me. She was already at this party at this house, and she said, oh my god, I have forgotten my Chris Kringle. So someone's not going to get a gift. Do you have something in your house you can bring four girl? And I was like, oh, easy, I'll find something. Went into the cupboard, found a little makeup thing that I had actually been given from a brand, like someone had sent it to me a long time ago. I don't even remember, but it was a PR gift and it was still packaged up, and I was like, this is perfect. It's so nice. It was like lip glosses and mirrors. Threw it in, gave it to my sister Sherry to give to this girl. Anyway, everyone's opening up.
Speaker 1: It was my cousin.
Speaker 2: Everyone's opening their presence and she opens hers and she's like, oh this is nice. She'd like gee, one who gave me this, Britney. And I was like, and it actually wasn't even from me. It was from Sheridan. So I was like, what, I didn't give that to you?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 2: She's like, you obviously did, and I was like, hand on heart, that is not from me.
Speaker 1: She sh doubled down.
Speaker 2: I doubled down with my lie and she pulled it out and I didn't know but the brand had engraved my name in it, and I had I had gifted her a present that was like, dear Britney.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh my god, I'm so embarrassed. All right.
Speaker 4: So from all from all the gifts you could get given, the one that you don't want is the regifted gift. That's the worst of the words personal, because if you didn't want it, no one.
Speaker 1: Else wants to.
Speaker 3: I okay, let's go everyone, We're getting out here. If you miss Daddy of the show, you can podcast it. We had a great ask on KRT. Earlier in the show. We had a listener ask us, my boyfriend's breath stinks?
Speaker 1: Do I break up with stink? Tricky though, Yeah, the advice was a.
Speaker 3: Bit on the fence, like I think I don't think it was our strongest.
Speaker 2: Do you.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: In your advice, you will like put your and gum in your mouth, kiss him and split it into his mouth like that's no no one's.
Speaker 4: Ever coming to you for advice again. Literally like what an eighteen year old would say.
Speaker 1: Very true, I'm not far off.
Speaker 3: Podcasted on the ihatapp Hear You Guys,