Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart.
Speaker 3: App That anything good? Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Yesterday towards the end of the show, we were marking your time wasters and saw an email that came through and the name had had my attention.
Speaker 1: Diego Balzarini.
Speaker 2: I can still remember it now, almost twenty four hours on a.
Speaker 1: Name that remains.
Speaker 4: That is a name with weight.
Speaker 2: It's a name with resonance. Patrina Jones doesn't have that.
Speaker 5: Oh god way, Christian o' connell, Oh is that Irish?
Speaker 1: Is it a poet?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 5: Mister comment?
Speaker 1: But it's rare, Patrina Jones.
Speaker 5: How many Patrinas do you know in this country?
Speaker 1: A lot of Patsies?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but no but Patrina.
Speaker 2: But you're only Petrina when you're in the news. It's like it's your alter ego. I get emails every day from people going why.
Speaker 1: Does she do that?
Speaker 2: If she becomes like you know, Clark Kent Superman, maybe you should be Alexander Cullens to the news Exactually, little mere cat, isn't he you know?
Speaker 1: Alexandra simple.
Speaker 2: And now the news with Petrina and Alexander, it sounds like the.
Speaker 5: ABC doesn't need to be there.
Speaker 2: Can I just suggest an alteration to your name? No worries, Adelaide Jones. No, No, like with the national coming next year as well, this is a name with impact.
Speaker 6: Well you know what I was meaning a mom and dad were going to call me, Oh, sorry, are you talking to alex or me?
Speaker 2: Adelaide Jones? I was going to his name isn't Jones? By the way, just you know that is your surname. He's colored and they even been working together, and that whole fake good morning you good morning that we don't buying it. Tensions are high between user sport. They they hate each other. They time each other's bulletins and then come in to me. She had next to seven seconds. I've come from TV.
Speaker 6: I go to be called Victoria or Patrina, so I was nearly Victoria.
Speaker 4: Victoria's nice.
Speaker 1: Maybe I could like Victoria queen's name.
Speaker 2: Isn't you ever ever heard of a queen Queen Patrina?
Speaker 4: It was like when Kevin Rudd was Prime Minister and it.
Speaker 2: Was hard, very Australian PM.
Speaker 1: keV.
Speaker 2: You imagine other premiers around the world. You know they have a funk. There comes in that guy from v Kevin. Kevin's on the light.
Speaker 7: My father wanted to call me dust and Dusty. So if you called me dust.
Speaker 2: See I love the name, good, good, dependable, solid Australian name.
Speaker 1: It's a name of the earth as well, great southern land. Dusty.
Speaker 4: Too much with your surname though, Dustin Cullen.
Speaker 7: True DC hard to say.
Speaker 1: So can I just go back to Adelaide Jones? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Just name.
Speaker 1: You don't have to Whatever I said is it is?
Speaker 2: See if I just started to go and now the news now with Adelaide Jones, suddenly a nation goes wow, yeah it has Whatever follows is going to be important. What I say coming up next to news with Petrina Jones.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you know that's a name that's been built on decades.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, we're talking brand.
Speaker 6: It's the reliable people hear that and think, oh, here's my news.
Speaker 4: I've relied.
Speaker 5: I'll be the herald Son grown up with this voice.
Speaker 6: Since I was school, this voice told me what was happening in the world's voice.
Speaker 1: Well, when the suburbs, well, there's been another bin and a fire and a ben it's a trusted voice.
Speaker 5: Why change it now?
Speaker 6: I say, hey, I used to work with the newsreader who had the most phenomenal name for a newsreader, and her name was still is.
Speaker 5: She hasn't changed it. Aren't your Drish which is such a good news writer.
Speaker 1: Now got to be a Dutch name.
Speaker 5: Shortly, Yeah, she's Dutch heritage. But he's a great name and she was brilliant.
Speaker 1: I don't like the surname.
Speaker 2: Can I just say that it sounds like dip. Friend of mine had a was coming for a job in London radio and the guy said, you know, we're trying to persuade the presenters here to change their names.
Speaker 1: To be big suburbs and areas of London.
Speaker 2: It would help your chances if you were going to do that car which is desperate to get a job in a big London station, right, So said I do that? So anyway, I had to change his name to Croydon massive area of six months stage you got fired?
Speaker 1: Oh no, only is it about being fired. You didn't got to go back.
Speaker 5: So it changed it by deep.
Speaker 2: A whole boss and made him do that all. But I said to him, shame on you, not the boss. You didn't have to greet to any.
Speaker 1: Of that to become Croydon. Anyway.
Speaker 2: The thing what we're trying to do this morning is we're trying to form a giant register of awesome names. After our listener Diego Banzerini yesterday. Rio, you think you've got someone for the Register of Awesome Names?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think I might have the clubhouse leader at this point. We used to play him at footy and I've never forgot his name. It's burned into my brain. You can look him up on Google because you won't believe me that it is a real name. But I used to play AFL against a man named Cash Rainbow.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, going to take some beating Cash Cash Rainbow Rainbow.
Speaker 1: It's like a superhero, n yes.
Speaker 4: And he was just a regular dude, slightly.
Speaker 1: So what did he have hippie parents?
Speaker 8: I don't know much about him. I was just someone we played against him, was on the team list and.
Speaker 2: Were like, even the first name Cash is significant. You double it up with a Rainbow. It's a one two.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Cash Rainbow is the clubhouse leader at the moment. All right, maybe someone you know or somebody work with or you what have you? Got for our register of awesome names and pantsy please think about Adelaide Jones text me four seventy five three one oh.
Speaker 3: Four Christian O'Connell show on podcast.
Speaker 2: Ever World with someone with an awesome name. Maybe it's yours. Christler's guy work with Good Morning Beck Tucker hendricks Lot. I mean I'm a musician. God has a surname, and Tucker's a good name as well. Christian was a good in my high school called Cinnamon Bliss. Oh wow, Cinnamon Bliss sounds like the title of a Beatle song and then a ring me the B side Cinnamon.
Speaker 4: Bliss or Baker's Delight.
Speaker 2: Yes, listen, it's the office of set. Send me down some petty cash. Can I have six Cinnamon Bliss? Christian? I worked at Brush's Music storeback in the eighties with a girl called Charlotta van otter Day.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, yes, that's gone right up near the top there.
Speaker 2: So we're trying to form a register this morning across the show between now and nine of awesome names, Christian. My grandfather's name was Charles Hobart Jones. My grandmother's name was Shirley Adelaide Jones. I like your thinking Christine. Christian, my husband has a great name, miran Ah. That's a Sherlock Cones buddy, Urine, the dreaded scoundrel Urine. Urine is an amazing name. I've been pronouncing that right, Christian. I am ziger ben drops Zyger means to shine like a star set a. I g a y ziger ben drops great name. Yes, yeah, we must get We would never guess that. On the name game. It means to shine like a star, shimmering. Alex she will work with someone with an awesome name.
Speaker 9: Well, I did come across one woman in uh where we're working, so it's kind of from work in Argentina. We were doing a story over there and there was a woman at the airport taking our bags and her name was Australia.
Speaker 1: You're kidding.
Speaker 9: Her name was literally Australia because her parents had been to Australia. They love the country so much. She's Argentinian and they called her Australia.
Speaker 4: So literal, don't cry from me Australia.
Speaker 1: The same song there we Live in musical as well.
Speaker 9: Which I thought was so cool. And she was so honored and pleased to meet us Australians.
Speaker 2: She needs to have it, like there needs to be someone here to balance and ant called Brazil who's not Brazilian, who is Australian. Do you think there's anyone else in Australia with the first name Australia.
Speaker 4: Oh, would love to know that.
Speaker 2: Yes, And now I don't want to make an assumption of I'm going to make one. If we do, I think it's going to be up on you know what side of the coast.
Speaker 1: That's why, just on the heat maple where.
Speaker 2: It might be. It's going to be going to go round and up the country a bit there. And uh, Caitlin, who you work with with an awesome name?
Speaker 10: So I went to school with a girl and I remember it was in grammar school and we all wanted to be her name. Her name was Britney Lee Hollywood.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, no, no, guys, yeah, now just listen to you. Suddenly then we break from I'm with you, guys, and I'm not you guys. That's a Bogan know that Hollywood know in Australia, nothing but Bogan.
Speaker 4: It's just a great movie.
Speaker 5: It's not a choice.
Speaker 3: That was just her last name.
Speaker 10: But we were all like, oh my god, that's so cool. And she was a dancer and everything she would be.
Speaker 1: Where is she now?
Speaker 2: It does like Drew Barrymore found fame way too early, you know, and they will crash.
Speaker 1: They need out to be rebuilt. All right, then what names?
Speaker 2: If you got text meeh four seven five three one o four three.
Speaker 3: But Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Do you know someone with an awesome name? Good morning to Peter. Christian recently played golf in Coffs Harbor. There was a player in our group, Miles Studley, Oh seventy TVs Detective.
Speaker 1: Yes, Miles Studley.
Speaker 2: That's a hell of a name, even in the phrase stud an old phrase.
Speaker 1: Christian.
Speaker 2: In my hometown, this woman named Christy. She married a man with the last name Bacon, becoming Christie Bacon.
Speaker 1: That's an awesome name. Makes you feel hungry.
Speaker 4: We've got a Bradley Bacon at this very Yes.
Speaker 1: We could have a whole family of Bacon's. Christian.
Speaker 2: A friend of mine was tracing a family tree, came across an ancestor named Luigi Gasparini. Luigi Gasparini is someone on Guess who that game isn't it's upturned the upturned.
Speaker 1: Phil's on the line. Good morning, Pail, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 11: Good morning.
Speaker 1: How are we Yeah, we're good, Phil. So you've got an awesome name for our register this morning.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I was working in storage a couple of years ago and this call came in and produced his license. He wanted to sign up for a unit storage and his name was on his license. Mister simply impressive.
Speaker 1: His actual name.
Speaker 2: You actually had to go and think about that. So many processes and fed out the form so many times, uploaded scan it. There are so many ways where you can go. This is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: But the commitment, don't you feel, mister impressive? What's that?
Speaker 7: Super bad?
Speaker 5: Was he?
Speaker 2: Yes, you've already got to live up to that, haven't you.
Speaker 1: Simply impressive?
Speaker 4: Was he an impressive looking man when.
Speaker 1: He was having a look around that storage there?
Speaker 11: He came in and he was dressed up in a suit and everything.
Speaker 2: That's enough in Australia. You're either going to call or you're a politician. Fell Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast en Mission.
Speaker 2: I felt the earthquake this morning at about four forty am in Mount Martha. Very low, mild rumble which sounded a bit similar to distant thunder. As it rolled through, you could hear the neighborhood, but dogs started to bark. It didn't feel like a big shake, but I definitely heard it. Great eyewitness report there, Yes, him in the news at seven patsy.
Speaker 5: No, I had it at six thirty. Actually, oh I was.
Speaker 2: I was, yeah, three points I found I'd heard it was a three point three magnitude ten k under.
Speaker 6: Yes, right, undreds of people have reported it. Remember that big one we had.
Speaker 2: In twenty I was at work here maybe twenty two twenty three.
Speaker 1: That was that.
Speaker 2: I never felt anything like that. That was building was shaking. I really we had building work here. I thought that someone had taken out a very significant yes, and I was like, wait, we're on the second floor. We're going to come apps.
Speaker 5: What it was swaying.
Speaker 6: The building was swaying, very old building, this Palacco building.
Speaker 5: And I wasn't sure whether I should grab my bag and head downstairs. But it was fine.
Speaker 6: But that was five point nine back then, so about half the size of that last night, but obviously enough to sort of get people awake from their sleep.
Speaker 1: Is it me or are these more frequent in Melbourne?
Speaker 5: I do appear to be that way, don't they.
Speaker 1: What are people up to during the night?
Speaker 2: No, No, I mean I mean deep government, the deep state, deep state. Let's start, let's start a new Yeah, actually it's deebund What are they doing down there?
Speaker 1: You know what is going on? Every every month there's one or two of these big quaints. Seems to be none of them.
Speaker 5: Well researcher.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they say there's a hidden fault in the Earth's crust.
Speaker 7: Apparently no mining around here, isn't there?
Speaker 2: What are you going to try and invest in it?
Speaker 1: So mining here is there? Nick? Looking to break in the industry. I can't just be in per.
Speaker 6: But yeah, it's seismologists say that the earthquake, So this was the big one, the five point nine and several years ago, was caused by a previously unknown deepline blind fault with no visible presence on the surface.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Great article we had that pulled that fred to and the analysis of yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great.
Speaker 2: Way to end your news every half an hours with the lastness go yeah, not you're up to dakes just clearly, you know, news expert, just with a.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's what they say.
Speaker 2: Figure, you know what they need they need the reverse option of that movie Armageddon.
Speaker 1: You know they sent all the drillers up there. It's an asteroid set them under Melbourne. I watched that movie Christian when I was high school.
Speaker 2: There was a teacher who was called Sydney Alboun and his sister was also there, Adelaide Melbourne.
Speaker 1: That's who Alex and Patsha become.
Speaker 2: I let you guys work out who's Sydney Melbourne and who's Adelaide Melbourne.
Speaker 1: All right, so Patsy, you got leftovers today?
Speaker 5: Oh you know what?
Speaker 6: I made the most stunning chili Coong khne in the slow cooker the other night, really cold day. Hadn't made it for ages, and I thought it was six hours of.
Speaker 1: Just oh my god, slow cookers.
Speaker 6: It was the best, and on slow, not on high. In fact, the last half hour cranked her up to high to thick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, six to eight hours on that that low.
Speaker 2: It doesn't even take much power in there, and then you crank it up to really really roasted.
Speaker 5: You've had a good mix and it was just stunning. Anyway, So we had.
Speaker 1: Was it very spicy? Mild? How do you like?
Speaker 5: It was a little bit spicy.
Speaker 6: I have to admit because I got up through the night with reflux, and I thought, oh that was a bit spicy for me.
Speaker 1: That is how you age somebody. Oh, nana's got the reflux one.
Speaker 5: I was up cifling through the medicine cabinet for.
Speaker 1: Some tablet get the gas.
Speaker 5: But it was worth it because it was just beautiful.
Speaker 1: And did you know it was sour cream, jack protatos or rice.
Speaker 6: No no carbs. We just well, when I say no carbs, we just had some more like hey, what do they call those strips? I can see the packet like a bitter bread.
Speaker 1: That yeah, now, but like a yeah, we all know the old strips.
Speaker 5: A bit of crunch. What do you call them? Do you mean chip?
Speaker 6: You were a healthier like a baked pitter bread.
Speaker 4: Like crisp. I don't know what they call it, but yes, I know what you mean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I can't think of them.
Speaker 6: And bit of avocado on the side, and definitely sour cream.
Speaker 1: But you're right, Chili great the next.
Speaker 6: Day next So we had leftovers last night and I'll sit at the table.
Speaker 5: I said to Chris, this is this is so much better.
Speaker 6: It's like the tomato just massages into the right.
Speaker 2: There's some kind of overnight marinading, deepening and melding.
Speaker 1: That goes on with my rule of thumb.
Speaker 2: Anything this Italian, it's always, no matter how good it is, better the next day.
Speaker 6: Is it the tomato and the acid in the tomato breaks something down.
Speaker 5: The longer that it's sets, you might be.
Speaker 2: In that like even like a bad pizza, give it a day, leave that thing overnight. Suddenly bad can go to good. Not too nights though not too no no no no, that's rough.
Speaker 1: Rough.
Speaker 7: Paskets and stale.
Speaker 2: That window is you know, it's like a dragonfly. You know that makes him window like twenty four hours. Same with pizza. I took you before, but my dear, for a restaurant that is just leftovers? Yeah, yes, love, I picture have gone to Ramsey.
Speaker 1: Went are you mad?
Speaker 2: He goes like, there's just a safety at the stuff that we've been involved. But what say we all make a dish, bring it in the next day and out the front of the building. People can drive by if they want some leftovers.
Speaker 1: Yes, I love that, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people can have it as a breakfast on their way to work. Are leftovers.
Speaker 4: You can get some of Patty's chili.
Speaker 2: Konkan Yasanya's lovely the next door. Yeah, don't bring any of those anzac bisticks. Come on, No, No, they hard and.
Speaker 5: Haven't had had the joy of my.
Speaker 7: Are they little bit chewy?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: If there's no good have you eaten gravel?
Speaker 3: Start training now, Christian O'Connell show on podcast.
Speaker 2: You can email me whenever you want in boxes always wide open. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot AU. Good day, Christian. I was listening to the show yesterday. I heard you talk about and loved the email you got from someone who'd read your book and they signed off just cash with the letters b W. I agree, very casully, just to sign off you thought it meant be well. It's my understanding that b W at the end of an email stood for best wishes, or maybe more recent times, beef Wellington.
Speaker 1: At B. He signs here at B. What is that all the best?
Speaker 3: I like that?
Speaker 1: No, Elvis's was TCB. It was yeah, taking care of.
Speaker 5: Business, the lightning strike.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like that one. That's that's a good one. Christian.
Speaker 2: My six yeard son was in primary school class with a little girl named Australia. Yeah, Christian, get Patsy to put her leftover chilicken cahn into a pie.
Speaker 5: I've got a pie maker.
Speaker 1: How does a pie maker work?
Speaker 5: I think he just put the pastry in.
Speaker 1: No, I haven't.
Speaker 5: It's still the packet.
Speaker 2: We've got a lot of stuff. I say we, I mean my wife. There's some magic mix thing. It must weigh about two hundred kilos for making I don't know, cakes or something like Yeah, mixed master. Yeah, one of those like it gets used on Christmas once. He is a beast of Atingtom, go and get it. I'm not my god, my backout.
Speaker 1: It's a workout, Andrew Huberman.
Speaker 2: But it would take that rucking. It's much about half a ton. Christian Cormoran. Butter chicken always better the next day, Christian. For some reason, fried rice is okay the night of, but absolutely slaps a day or two later.
Speaker 1: Yeah, why is that? You're right?
Speaker 2: This is strange kind of universal laws which we were trying to form a register today of awesome names. My grandchild was born in the Rosebud car park in the back of an ambulance and was named Odin. That is that is an amazing name, the Viking god. Now what is odin the etymology of Odin.
Speaker 1: What does it mean?
Speaker 8: Well, he is the god of wisdom and magic as well as the god of war and death. He's a busy boy and the patron of rulers and heroes.
Speaker 2: Now he's sat on many boards. Yes, yes, as a non executive chairman. I thought there was going to be a relevancy to the Grand chap being born in a Rosebud car park. And then they went, you have to be named Odin. His origin story as well begun in the rose Bud cart park.
Speaker 8: Oh he did, actually, yes, yes, way back in the third century.
Speaker 1: Odin was born in the Oh right, got it now? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, you know we're joking, don't you parts?
Speaker 5: Oh no, are you?
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell shown podcast.
Speaker 1: All right, small thing, big joy rio? What is it for you?
Speaker 8: Hotel beds I love and I have no idea how they do it, how tight they make the sheets when you get there, it's almost impossible.
Speaker 2: I can't stand that it's my job to rip them out. My wife kicks her legs up in the air. We do a whole technique while we get up to your mom and other ways my business.
Speaker 1: Anyway, she.
Speaker 2: Kick the sheets off, Sarah kick them harder. Otherwise I feel like I'm being fed to the beds. Yes, I mean a fax machine or something.
Speaker 4: It's like your whole body is getting that's safety.
Speaker 5: No, no hospital corners.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's it. Yeah, they do it. It's so they have.
Speaker 2: They have in some establishments a special board they use that shoves them in because your hand is obviously limited. It's a it's a board they put under the mattress that.
Speaker 1: Shoves it in. I can't stand you want you want your legs in your arms to be free.
Speaker 4: No, I wanted to have restrict my movement as much like a.
Speaker 1: Keep your personal life.
Speaker 2: Okay, this second day, well I'm now going to say that you're a perv. Yesterday was that four quadron thing. Now they're loving being restrained in a hotel and my strangers it's I get the feeling of people watching or filming. But anyway, look, okay, hey, small thing, big job, why not have you enjoyed and knock yourself out this weekend?
Speaker 1: Alex? What's it for you? Small thing? Big joy? What's your kink?
Speaker 7: The last few months? The key fob? You know, how you lock your car up?
Speaker 9: You press a little button that hasn't worked on my key fob for the last three it's been so frustrating.
Speaker 1: We've got to change the battery.
Speaker 2: And as I found out yesterday, this happened to my wife's fob, so I asked chat GPT, I took a photo of it, shoved it, fed it to chat GYBT and went, what is this? How do I change the battery?
Speaker 1: It told me.
Speaker 2: I changed the battery, went to the supermarket, got one those circular If you're a why are there so many of these circular batteries?
Speaker 7: Five different types, the CR twenty thirty two, the CR sixteen.
Speaker 1: I needed the CR sixteen twenty No thirty four. They don't stop them. Yeah, how do order it online from a battery specialist? It's pain.
Speaker 7: I had to go to office works and I was like one track like Bunnie's like, can you do this?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, I have to do this. I have to do this.
Speaker 7: I am going to do this right now because there's a real pig like that.
Speaker 2: My wife goes, why suddenly is this your priority as a camp in the system, can you just quickly?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 2: No, no no, I'm dropping everything, the most important thing in a line. And even my wife said, you know, it's it's just if you could get around to the weekend. No, no, no, no, no, I've ordered them. They're coming tomorrow. This hall be changed by Thursday pm. And she says, why are you choosing now to do this? Why are you doing this now? I can't stand those POxy circular batteries there, they're the rogue ones, aren't they.
Speaker 9: Yes? And I finally got this tiny and you did a tiny screw driver. And at the time when I was changing it, Bonnie was vacuuming, and I was like, what if I I spilled one of these tiny screws and she vacuums it up.
Speaker 7: That was what I was going through, the real streng modern dilemmas we have to face it.
Speaker 2: He didn't, luckily go back to day and it worked out and I could press the button and it worked, smolding big joy. And also I think that speaks to these days. It's rare that we can fix something ourselves. Yes, yeah, anything goes wrong with your phone or a laptop, it's all sealed in there. They don't want us fiddling around with it or opening up anything. You can't even good luck even trying to find a micro screwdriver that those tiny ones at the Apple that called themselves the geniuses. You're just a glorified mechanic. Okay, you're genius. So is the guy Bob jens Hark.
Speaker 6: Resist take my clicker to the bootman that cuts keys. I don't even bother with it, like I just that's his job. He changes the battery for me.
Speaker 1: Oh, you have a guy that does that?
Speaker 5: Does everything? Doesn't it that you know? Does shoes?
Speaker 4: Does Kelly for you?
Speaker 1: Give me the Actually, what's your small thing? Big joy?
Speaker 6: We just we had Uber at the weekend and it's we had two separate orders. So Chris and Ords wanted some Asian food and I had a real hankering for a curry, and so we had two separate drivers, two separate orders, but they turned up at the same time.
Speaker 1: I almost want to see this formula. One of Uber drivers go around.
Speaker 5: They came to the doorstep at the same time, so we could all do one two. It was brilliant.
Speaker 4: I've never done that.
Speaker 1: What excitement? Yeah, it was the who's going Who's going to beat?
Speaker 2: Who are they seeing each other doing lamps and honing in and like, Terry, what do you got curry?
Speaker 5: If you watch it on the map. You think, oh, I need a life, but no, it.
Speaker 1: Is hard to get everyone to agree.
Speaker 2: It's like same much in the same TV show and the same because there's too much choice there.
Speaker 1: The same with uber eats. Now we've got too much choice.
Speaker 4: But then you're doubling your delivery.
Speaker 5: Feel I know, but you know it's a trade, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Small? All right? Small thing?
Speaker 2: Big joy? What's if you text me? Oh four seven five three one O four three.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: What Small Thing Brings You Big Joy? Two from me? Loose leave tea. Yes, it's quick and easy. I got my tea bags. But I love going to the x a little bit time and effort of brewing some loose leaf tea, steeping it.
Speaker 1: And then pouring it.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm part of an ancient, an ancient ritual in our sort of everything's rushed, isn't it? And he even though it says now, I was rushing and rushing throughout my whole day, getting frustratia with people who were either physically in front of me on the streets or the roads. And an evening I read out I'd waste forty seven minutes on Instagram. All that rushing to waste my life on Instagram? What do I remember from it?
Speaker 1: Nothing? I know nothing.
Speaker 2: At the time, I'm thinking, I'm reading a very important periodical of opening exercises and stretches, and Creatine is going to change my life if I go from ten to fifteen and at ten in the moment, Creatine fans causes monohydrate. The other thing is as a dog owner and dog lover. I love it when us dog owners are out water in the dog there's a nod we do to each other. No words are needed, it says I get it. We are bonded. We are dog people.
Speaker 4: Can you give us an example of.
Speaker 1: I can't, actually, because it's in a circle.
Speaker 7: If you know after it.
Speaker 1: I always do. I've accidentally brought into work today a couple of Pooh bags.
Speaker 5: Great well for yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, everything's a bit loose in.
Speaker 2: You're going to get some of that leftover cheek on carnigals, and you know you're doing a busy show. Sometimes just during a break I can just drop down and crimp it off and put it in the bag and deal with that later.
Speaker 6: You know, you know what it is though, that nod of acknowledgment is aren't we the luckiest people on earth?
Speaker 5: To look, I'm here with my brain.
Speaker 1: We're out in nature enjoying our dogs.
Speaker 6: Nothing better in your day when your dog is living his best life and a.
Speaker 2: Lot better actually, like me living my own best life. That dog, That dog's happy doing nothing.
Speaker 5: But it's a joy, isn't It's like, aren't wey less?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: I tell you who don't care for other dogs? Your dog dogs hate each other? Well, I'm going doing that, nod hello, and my dogs are.
Speaker 1: Just another dog? What is your issue? Can't you be nice? Dogs don't really care about each other, do they?
Speaker 7: They really don't sniff each other's back.
Speaker 2: Is there another species that don't care for each other as much as dogs? They could break out to a dog civil war very quickly in this country. Christian, my Small Thing, Big Joy sold three things on Marketplace. They all sold on the same day. Three people arrived at the same time. And this is a lovely story and helped each other loads.
Speaker 1: Oh I love that.
Speaker 2: It's a lovely story. That's from Matt. Thank you very much for sharing Matt, Small Thing, Big Joy. Christians from Richard Nah getting eight hours of I can't remember. I think I must have been ten the last time I got eight hours of uninterrupted sleep. Happens ready, Christian. When it does, it is great for Kelly. A small thing, big joy. Peeling the fresh plastic off a new product. Oh okay, your chair through that?
Speaker 4: I mean if it's the film screen. Yeah, well that's good.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, yes, yes, Christian, small thing, big joy.
Speaker 2: When I accidentally saved my favorite song to play list twice and it shuffles to.
Speaker 1: Play it back to back. Oh, you can be the DJ.
Speaker 2: I mean, look, somebody else's joy is somebody else's small thing, big joy for me, Christian seeing someone else pulled over by the cops.
Speaker 1: Colin, what I've.
Speaker 4: Never heard that one, especially if it's if you see some guy.
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, yeah, Karmas caught up with you.
Speaker 3: Lookim Dano The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian, small thing, big joy for me. What I have called a friend who have not spoken to in a long time. They pick up the phone in one or two rings. It takes a lot these days to keep up the connection alive when both of us are in different countries. Oh that sounds lovely. Do you know what I'm thinking about the connection in different countries. Seeing that young kid, Oh Archie Willside Will, didn't everybody's heart go out to him?
Speaker 1: What is he? Eighteen?
Speaker 2: A long way from home over in Nebraska pre season before he starts his career as a It's a.
Speaker 1: Punja, isn't he he is? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Nebraska, Yeah, and the whole state have got their arms around him. There's a press conference. He's eighteen, he's from here. He's a long way from home. I haven't listened to this Archie Wilson. Is this hero's name?
Speaker 3: Being the first time you're away from them, Yeah, that part's hard.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm sorry. Yeah, I loved it a lot.
Speaker 8: Yeah I have.
Speaker 4: I got two little brothers and a moment dat Yeah, that's the tough part of it being here.
Speaker 8: I love them a lot and I miss them, but it's a I mean, they know this is what's best for me, and it's I can still talk to them plenty of the phone, and they're coming here to say the first first few games.
Speaker 2: So I'm not an emotionally articulate eighteen year old, soe his emotions, you know, be present from them and then talk about what it is and what an amazing family they must all have. And I think it's a lovely, lovely heartwarmer moment. That's such a what brave thing for him and his family to be separate at that. It is a long way from here in Australia. But then get this right, Alex does our sports go you'll get this overheard one of the team Tina go.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: My worry now is that some of those Americans are going to pick on him. I'm like, hopefully we're not in that world now. He's in too many eighties American movies, you know, in the locker room.
Speaker 1: The lad and where's our we prch and stuff like that. We're more than that.
Speaker 2: Well now what I've seen on the internet is the Internet's got his arms around him.
Speaker 7: But he's also from Frankston. They're tough and Franks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, we're in Frankston now. And now we're seeing now we know why he's left Australia. Did he seek it at a refuge? Anyway? I hope he has a glorious career. What a brave thing to do. Good on him.
Speaker 2: A couple more small thing, big rats, and then we're gonna move on. Christian when you buy something on sale, you get to the till they're tell you there's a further reduction.
Speaker 1: Here's a great one.
Speaker 2: You feel like you're sticking it to the man. I'm cheating the game here in two ways.
Speaker 4: I was going to buy for the other one.
Speaker 1: Wow, they're giving me money back.
Speaker 2: Christian small thing, big joint piece of banana cake with a homemade cappuccino. That's from Shane. Now, last week, I thought it'd be great fun to have a week a week And obviously I'm speaking in past tense because.
Speaker 1: I didn't know last week what I know now. Even my family, Yes, they sent to me at dinner, how's your how's your Cat? And Dog?
Speaker 2: Week?
Speaker 11: Going?
Speaker 1: Went? All right, it's over. Do we all feel good?
Speaker 2: Some things like our holiday romance and one night's stand and my kids went not really appropriate examples from a dad. Oh, I said, you know what I mean. Some things are It's like a super nova rises up and its whole thing. The beautiful rise means a sudden crash. That is us cat versus dog week ones. If you don't what we're talking about. I thought it'd be great to get a load of stories cat stories, dog stories, which animal by the end of the week has given us the most enjoyable stories Monday, Tuesday incredible stories.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, I come in, I see an email that is low wattage.
Speaker 2: It's not the person's fault, it's just not a very interesting story about a dog mildly gnawing at some lou Roll and a look Producer Kaitlin in the eye, mad Mac, and I say, enough is enough.
Speaker 1: I'm calling time. She came this morning.
Speaker 2: She goes, please give it one more shake on the phone lines. I'm not sure, guys, tad.
Speaker 8: First, dogs, it's pause verse clause cat dogs, it's sad wall cats dogs give Christiana.
Speaker 2: Cole all right, So all voices are welcome on this show and on this team.
Speaker 1: Producer Caitlin, what is it? State your case?
Speaker 5: They may alrighty, So.
Speaker 10: Do we want to hear the fantastic paper loo roll story or would we like to hear about a dog called Willow?
Speaker 4: I want to hear the louse story because it's I told it to you.
Speaker 1: Dog cheer lou Roll.
Speaker 4: There's got to be more.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I must chew the email.
Speaker 10: Hey, it's all about context. Okay, So let me just take you back to a time twenty twenty. You got any sad music there to help it out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course.
Speaker 2: Oh no, this doesn't involved a dead animal, does it.
Speaker 7: No, no dead animals.
Speaker 2: It's all good.
Speaker 4: It's just lou Roll.
Speaker 1: Okay, go on, then off you go. Okay, I'm so sorry you said sad music. Thank you.
Speaker 10: I'm going to take you back to a time it was twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just said that.
Speaker 10: Okay, if you're not driving a car, close your eyes, feel it. Go back to that moment for what was the one thing you really really wanted?
Speaker 5: It was Lourol.
Speaker 10: And that's what happened to our listener, Wendy.
Speaker 9: She went to the tour.
Speaker 5: She went not to the toilet.
Speaker 10: She went to the shops three hours early, lined up for three hours just to get some lourol.
Speaker 3: She got it.
Speaker 2: She skipped out of there.
Speaker 5: She was so excited.
Speaker 10: She got home, she put it down. She had to take her kids to childcare because she was an essential worker. So good on her for being essential. She left the house for a matter of thirty minutes. When she got back, two of her huskies had torn.
Speaker 5: Through the toilet paper.
Speaker 2: Thirty minutes.
Speaker 10: Devastation. You can feel that for three days they had no toilet paper. I don't know what they did, but they didn't have any toilet paper.
Speaker 5: Devastation.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, careful now, yeah, it's not up there with you.
Speaker 2: Remember that stories we have Monday about the that fated its own heart attack so that the cat's owner would come back early from holiday. Incredible Munchkin, the Underworld, Tabby Cat. We heard about the cat that the jack Russell had killed, and then we found out Puss had not been killed by the jack Russell. That the the cat that got bare we was just a ringtailed possum.
Speaker 4: The dog that detected cancer.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. These are all great tuning A.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is a gear change.
Speaker 1: So are we calling time out? And time of death? I think is even more deader than yesterday before the show?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: Seven forty three?
Speaker 4: One last push?
Speaker 2: I think we've had. It's like the toothpas has got no more spearmint to come out of it. We've rolled it, we've rolled it, We've rolled it all right for the final time.
Speaker 1: Do you have a great ten out of ten or are taken eight or a nine out of ten? Cat or dog story?
Speaker 2: This is the last and only time in the show's history, now and future that I will ever do you have a cow dog story again?
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what's up. I haven't seen you get in lit up by any stories.
Speaker 4: No, I mean I did.
Speaker 1: I said this is over two days ago. Yep, you did warn.
Speaker 4: Us and I pushed back. I said, one last push.
Speaker 2: And you've had a lot of cat and dog yet, well not Yeah, you've had callers, but not stories. They're more an incident described something. Our story story has three parts beginning, middle, end. You know there's something jeopardy, something is resolved, something is learned. You know what we've got is something that happened. Flatlining stories, it's just a one lot that the waveform doesn't modulate.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nothing moves me, Christian.
Speaker 1: You played sky full of Stars ten minutes ago. I can't play. And you were talking about a small thing, big joint. It's that song for us.
Speaker 2: My wife and I did our first dance to that song, and whenever you play it on the show, it takes me out to our wedding, one of the most joyful times in our life.
Speaker 1: You know what we should do it for an hour, just play people's first dancers.
Speaker 2: I love that people that it would really light people up, wouldn't it, because it goes back to a really it takes you.
Speaker 1: This is what music does. It takes you a back straight away.
Speaker 2: It's a time traveling portal to a very special, unique time in your life, your your your first dance together. It's all hope and promise. And then when the longer you are together, you know it takes so much. There's so much that happens in the course of a relationship, but you've got no idea, nor should you in that moment what is going to lie ahead of you. And it's almost like then when you listen to it now and it's all those years ago, time in space collapses and it's even more it's even more special to remember those moments, like how it is now and where it was. Then we should do that and maybe next week on the show where we'll do it for a couple of days. We want your stories about where you were, what it was, how old you were, who was there, where was it, all all the details, and then I'll do it for a whole hour, play your first dancers.
Speaker 1: I'd love to do that.
Speaker 2: I think it would really cheer people up the other think I can't stop thinking as a dad about Archie. Yeah, Archie Wilson. You know the clip has gone all over the world. He's from right here in Melbourne. He's homesick in Nebraska. You know, it's pre season there. He's hoping to have a big life out in America as a punter, and he broke down at press conferences and he's homesick.
Speaker 1: I think we should send some letters to him. I love that.
Speaker 2: He would love to get people from Melbourne going, hey, we're really in awe of your brave view and your character. It taints a lot to do that. Your mum and dad are okay and they really want you to be happy there, but we're thinking of you and all of Australia and everyone back home in Melbourne is going to be cheering you on. I'm now going to be Alex. Yes, can we have a sport update to see how Melbourne's very own Archie does over the next couple of months.
Speaker 9: Definitely, every step of the way. I'd like to send him a care package too, with some like Beg you Might and Tim T and some like Australian movie DVDs like a lipoly Babs and you know Sunday too far away that the old the old.
Speaker 2: One of those old ones are Why is this old pensioner? Is he in a care home? You're not going to send some of you were this original? You see some of your hankies and.
Speaker 7: Socks, Mac, something like that up to date. He juice is flowing again for young Archie.
Speaker 1: You know, I really feel for him all right now the inevitool is it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Now has to speak to producer Caitlin here because you know, ownership is everything.
Speaker 1: Caitlin, what have we got here? Are we calling it? Now? It's seven fifty seven Time of death for cat and dog week.
Speaker 5: Sam's got a good story, and then maybe.
Speaker 2: We call it after that, right, Okay, let's go to where it's Sam. Hey, Sam, welcome to the show.
Speaker 12: Thank you. My cat story is that my mum's cat. She saved my mum's life.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, this already sounds like a great story.
Speaker 2: So now as a cat owner, they don't show a lot of altruism.
Speaker 1: So what happened, Well, my mom.
Speaker 12: I'd fallen over and she wasn't able to get up. So the cat stayed with her for quite some time until eventually a neighbor, a friend of my mum's, came around to drop something off. Would normally just drop it off and go, but the cat left my mum at this point to come and fetch the neighbor. She came up the hallway and would kept nailing at her and mowing at her, and then turning around and looking back and say, come on, follow me, follow me, until the neighbor went, well, this is really weird. I'll follow the cat and found my mum and was able to help her.
Speaker 1: Oh that is amazing. That is amazing for a cat to actually sure.
Speaker 12: That something nice is an amazing cat.
Speaker 1: All right, Samantha, thank you very much, thank you to give us. We asked you to call it beautiful story.
Speaker 2: What are you the bounce of throwing someone out for the fire extra.
Speaker 4: I wasn't sure if she was going to reply back with a thank you. I went prematurely.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's harsh.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Don't turn on them because you haven't.
Speaker 2: Got enough gold.
Speaker 4: That's a great story.
Speaker 1: No, that is that is Caitlin recording it now.
Speaker 5: Okay, absolutely, time of death?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: Fight?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, all right? The name game has coming up next.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show on podcast.
Speaker 1: Remember I was just.
Speaker 2: Saying, now we should play an hour of people's first answers at their weddings. Would be a really nice thing from take back to that special place. What a moment it is in time. My wife has just sent me a text message. I've actually forgotten what our first dance was. Wow, special time.
Speaker 4: World just collapses.
Speaker 2: They say that about trauma, getst a raised few memory deeply unpleasant experiences.
Speaker 5: Do you remember I do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I never.
Speaker 2: I never agreed with the with the choice. I think this is why she's wiped it. It was way too slow.
Speaker 5: Oh but yeah, but it's meant to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, but perhaps it was way too slow.
Speaker 2: It's from the soundtrack of Romeo and Juliet A bad slamon one. It's a beautiful song. It's the sort of thing you'd have awake.
Speaker 4: Is it the the fig good that one?
Speaker 1: No, I know the sound track very well. I've never heard that song on there.
Speaker 4: Everybody's free.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, that's what's onna.
Speaker 2: That's a great song. No, this is desray Ah. You know the one I man Kelly and do you know you know the one I'm on about.
Speaker 6: I'm trying to give.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: What was that called kissing you?
Speaker 1: Kissing you? Kissing It's a beautiful it's a beautiful I'm.
Speaker 2: Telling you now, I'm going to dig it out and play for you in a couple of minutes and you'll go, that's it real.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 2: The slow dance was too slow. You know, we can speed up videos. It was like with slow motion it's Baywatch, and I could tell the crowd we're getting you know, And I said, this will be on in the moment. This is going to be a very uncomfortable slow dance as we shuffle around at quarter speed. So you're there eyeballing, your let just going Nana, and you don't move off now Still Nana, Nana, Uncle Arthur.
Speaker 1: Still, Uncle Arthur. And you're like, this's got another four or off minutes to go. It's a movie song. It's not edited for radio anyway. It's going to be a lovely thing for other people. Next week The.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey Christian, I love the idea of playing people's first dancers from their weddings. Next week on the show, I was Oswort's I'll Be There for You by the Ren Brans. We got married in nineteen ninety seven. Can you play it now as you're on holiday from tomorrow? Do you know what, Gary, that's the kind of customer service you get here. Here it is just for you, taking him back to ninety seven. Jerry, you didn't put your wife's name. You've got this song to text me so I can back announce it properly.
Speaker 3: Enjoy the Christian o'connall show podcast.
Speaker 2: Jerry has just texted me back. This is the wedding song for Jerry and Just Center and Just Ciner was listening as well. What are the odds Jerry and just Cinta, this is your wedding song back in nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 1: Enjoy your holiday.
Speaker 5: I wonder where they're going. I wonder where they're going for their holiday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we don't need to worry about that. I don't sure if you know how ready works. It's seventeen minutes past day.
Speaker 1: We are so late. We're speculating about where Jerry. We don't have time for anything.
Speaker 2: There have been a whole catalog of choices by some on the team that's made us way later. Not any shows are like at five past eight, when the news is done they've just played a song.
Speaker 1: It's seventeen minutes past day. We've got to get such a on.
Speaker 2: But now Madam has asked Jerry and just Cinta, where are you going? Why don't we have a little sweepstake on the show? Where do we think they're going a little bit of winter sun? So we think it it's in Australia, They're going somewhere else.
Speaker 4: I'm going Bali.
Speaker 6: Yeah, my money's on Thailand. Maybe a bit of a long time, a bit of a long flight this time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, you're right, sorry, pass throwing me in. People want to know what is your wedding song?
Speaker 8: Is this?
Speaker 1: Yes? This is It's a beautiful song, but it's not your first song.
Speaker 4: It's too slow, it's so sad, glacial.
Speaker 2: This is a long it's ald double degree over there, glacial.
Speaker 1: It's a human You can't move to it?
Speaker 2: Then you can't, And you know me, I've got moves like Jagger. You know.
Speaker 5: Did you make up a dance for your bridal whale?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, Luckily in ninety eight that was way any of that.
Speaker 5: So what you do just shuffle around florid kind of.
Speaker 1: Shuffled to that.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry you shuffled very very slowly, and in the end I think we just stopped off like two and a half minutes and when.
Speaker 1: We haven't got time.
Speaker 2: So if Patsy want to do two solid gold minutes on, we're just into and listen Jerry by going.
Speaker 4: Do you have speed?
Speaker 1: Well we've done it. My name as in game.
Speaker 2: My name game, as in you come on here, you tell us the one line clue you have to give to people if you have a name. That's a bit of a pain. We take each other on thirteen fifty five, twenty two Rio.
Speaker 1: The scores and the doors last week were.
Speaker 4: Christian ahead three, Alex second with two. Patty.
Speaker 2: We just won.
Speaker 5: Well we're scoring now, are we?
Speaker 1: Well it is a game.
Speaker 5: Interesting.
Speaker 1: You don't like those scores, no.
Speaker 5: Loser, I'll say what happens today?
Speaker 1: Yeah, caller one. Welcome to the name game, as in Hello, come on sorry night, as in.
Speaker 2: Hello Linel Richie, goodbye, Hi greetings, had.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, hellow lionel Richie. That one hello.
Speaker 11: Four brilliant minds and I cannot get it.
Speaker 12: Four brilliant minds and you cannot get it.
Speaker 2: Well, no, there's no brilliant mind. There's only yours. There's one brilliant mind.
Speaker 1: Just you goody, good day, good day. It's not really good day?
Speaker 5: Oh are you serious, Alex?
Speaker 1: Well done, well done. That's a Ronaldo skull there now can you spell that for me? Gooday?
Speaker 12: G E d A.
Speaker 2: Why do you know what we were talking at start the show about people with amazing names? And I was wondering if anyone in Australia is called Australia. But now we go one above Australia. Most Aussie name. Gooday, great name, great one. Thank you so much for colling in with that. I'll send you a price.
Speaker 1: Nay mate.
Speaker 2: Bye, All right, let's six and more next thirteen fifty five twenty two to Sinta Jerry, come on the city all wait, she is week going.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell show podcast team.
Speaker 1: We need to be lively.
Speaker 2: Okay. We've got three callers here for the second round of the name game, as in, we have no idea what your name is?
Speaker 1: You call in, you give us a clue. If you've got one of those names.
Speaker 2: It's a bit unusual and by now you have got a one line clue that you give to people. We've turned that into a game. Let's go to caller one. Good morning, Caller one.
Speaker 11: My surname as in a reckless motorist.
Speaker 1: Won a close. Oh wo.
Speaker 12: No leah, no, you got the second part, Christian.
Speaker 1: No something hoon Hoon Calhoun flaming hoon. Oh, very close, Alex Calhoun cah Yes, Carhoun is like a headline for two. Baby Wow. Done.
Speaker 2: Let's take a caller too, now, Caller two, welcome to the show.
Speaker 12: Good morning. My name comes in sweet, medium or.
Speaker 1: Dry sherry, not that I know booze. But that was a little bit too quick. Not good.
Speaker 4: That's a red flag.
Speaker 1: Coller three, Thank you very much. Sherry Cucko, Bara.
Speaker 5: Finch, Cockatoo, sparrow cock bar Pie.
Speaker 11: Sing more, American Eagle j correct.
Speaker 1: Oh, your surname is Eagle.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's distinguished on the Golden Holden Days.
Speaker 1: Right, gotcha?
Speaker 2: All right, thank you very much. Cool, I have a good day, news and sport on the way. Then today's time waster is smart Bands the.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm the time Wasted today. For the best in show, go and see the brilliant crowded house live at Mornington at the Red Hot Summer Tour second and final show, November thirty. Tickets are on sound now at Ticketmaster. We have a double pass. Today is World IQ Day, So we're looking for your smarter bands. Make your bands smarter. But first of all countries by average IQ, what do we think of the smartest? Some real stereotypes are going.
Speaker 1: To come out here. Japan, Yeah, definitely, number three. Yeah, none of you're saying.
Speaker 8: I'm going to say, I can feel everyone's the white people uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: A number one, number one, number one, we.
Speaker 4: Say, another Asian country, please do South Korea?
Speaker 1: Number two. You've taken out three two one. Yeah. At five Singapore, yep.
Speaker 4: And for Iran ancient wisdom, Yeah, nowhere.
Speaker 1: In the top five. For Australia or the UK. Australia ninth, it's still top ten. Come on, UK, this can't be right.
Speaker 5: Huh what number is it?
Speaker 1: You're cheated?
Speaker 2: You know your sam paper the balls and now you're doctor IQ levels in this country.
Speaker 1: Shame on you, Shame on you.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Where are we thirty third?
Speaker 2: No way?
Speaker 1: Shakespeare, the Beatles, the Stones, led zep. What have we done for the world?
Speaker 5: What do you do for Heaven's sake?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What are they teaching there?
Speaker 1: Yeah? All right? So we're looking for your smart bands. You love the country and western thing. I don't.
Speaker 2: You're a massive fan of him. You've got steps and like him. You know where you love for Garth Brooks.
Speaker 1: Do you know what he loves? He works in a bookshop. That's right, it's called Garth Books.
Speaker 4: Yeah for an Englishman.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good, not too bad it You know, I just taken my country up to thirty second. They might be science telling you what those Arctic monkeys are smart boys? Oh yeah, the articulate monkeys.
Speaker 4: These are very good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Another English singer, female singer, very very smart, right on the edge of quantum physics. Actually, Florence and the particle accelerate. What about the spice gurus? Yeah, Silas and back here in Australia. Very smart country mensa at work work, Yeah yeah, yeah, Ria, What have you got? Smarter bands?
Speaker 1: Did he?
Speaker 8: Rascal was a renaissance man, wasn't he? He was actually Da Vincy Rascal.
Speaker 3: Oh, very good.
Speaker 1: Silver She was in Greece and.
Speaker 4: She discovered gravity.
Speaker 8: It's Olivia Isaac Newton John scores very good.
Speaker 4: The Pointer sisters were a bunch of dorks, weren't they?
Speaker 3: What are they?
Speaker 8: The point Dexter sisters. Yeah, silver and the four eyed blondes.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, looks stereotype.
Speaker 4: It's not nice.
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: You got young kids on the school run right now, on their first classes, crying about being bullied.
Speaker 4: Hey, I've got glasses. I'm a proud glasses wearer. I'm allowed to say.
Speaker 2: Now you're throwing the fellow goggle eyes under the bars.
Speaker 8: I'm saying, four ice is beautiful. The more eyes, the mirrier, I al.
Speaker 1: It's why you love an Optimus, isn't it? All right? So what have you got to make a band smarter?
Speaker 2: Text us oh four seven five O three one oh four three just smart enough to get them Christian O'Connell show, Go on podcast, Christian O'Connell show for Brighton Mazda. Best in the Show today, only time Wasters. We've got a pair of tickets go to a red hot summer tour see Crowded House Live. Ask you to make a band smarter today on the time waster ree Are you ready tomorrow?
Speaker 4: I'm ready?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: Smarter bags, a c P HD whatever word, a Mitch Fleetwood MacBook silver that's from Martin. Frankie goes to Uni. Tony with an eye. What about Susie high i Q. Susie high i Q is brilliant. I love that? Who's that from Rosita? How about the Backstreet boffins? Markey, boy Mark, he equals mc hammer, Silver Nerds, some Tokyo silver, John, Stephen haw Kings of Leon. Come on, that's brilliant, Steve. That's good Rick astutely, very very singer. Rick.
Speaker 1: I love this from Ricky.
Speaker 2: Albert Ramstein, I don't think on god we get a Ramstein reference this morning. Yeah, Ricky Kerr, well done for Albert Ramstein, Simon and Smartpunk Call Midnight, fish Oil, gooky your brain isn't it's d H and e p A levels up, Horden, lab Coats and Billy Ray all right, Rio tough to big A winner.
Speaker 1: Who's the best in show?
Speaker 4: Albert Reinstein? Ricky Kerr, Well.
Speaker 2: Done, Ricky Kerr. We're back to one with the Big Friday Show. Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 3: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast