Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV reload the podcast last week.
Speaker 2: They Hey guys, welcome back to TV Riloud. Thank you for clicking and downloading. On today's episode with Rhianna, the now seventh place contestant from this year's Australian Survivor, which is now on Network ten, I will be talking about Rihanna's time and Samoa, and of course what she thinks now that the smoke has well and truly been snuffed out on her torch. Australian Survivor Titans Versus Rebels is a showdown that pits the winners against the underdogs and the big wigs against the battlers, with each player competing for the grand.
Speaker 3: Prize of half a million dollars.
Speaker 2: Rihanna's close friendship with her primary ally Kirby, stood at the core of her game in Titans Versus Rebels. Despite a skittishness that caused her to reneg on several plans at the last minute, Rihanna was usually kept in the loop on strategic plans and leveraged her strong physical game to solidify a place in the end game. However, after Alex's impassionate speech, blew up Kirby and Rihanna's game at the previous night's tribal council. A desperate Kirby's vicar in the subsequent immunity challenge left Rihanna firmly on the crosshairs, seeking to cut Kirby off at the knees. The tribe managed to vote Rihanna out at the seventh place. We will unpack the fact that Kirby was not suspected to be involved with Raymond's advantage and why people didn't question the immunity necklace being swapped in that tribal council. Rihanna will share the order she would like to have eliminated the remaining players, which is pretty juicy. I will ask about Kirby and Ferris's relationship in Samoa and question if Kirby really needs to win every immunity challenge until the final jury council. Plus, we will find out what Rihanna thinks about flying under the radar when it comes to Survivor and if there was any other way that she could have saved herself in the last twenty four hours. There's actually so much to unpack with Rihanna, and she is so much fun to talk to. So guys, sit back and relax as we dive just that little bit deeper into the world of Australian survivor.
Speaker 3: How are Yourie? Are you all right?
Speaker 4: I good, Thank you.
Speaker 1: I've actually come off night and I'm running a bit of a high at the moment, so just rolling into today getting all the lovely feedback.
Speaker 4: It's like so nice.
Speaker 2: Were there any surprises were you surprised in watching your last episode?
Speaker 1: Well, literally, only that bit conversation between Kirby and Ferris that when Kirby like starts to be like die straight so put my name out there.
Speaker 4: I did know, like she had warned me about it, but.
Speaker 1: I obviously didn't know about it in the show, so that that time of the episode, I was like, ooh, a little.
Speaker 4: Bit spicy, But yeah, I love last night's episode. It was great.
Speaker 2: Well, it kind of annoyed me a little bit as well, for you, because I was thinking to myself, She's saying to Ferris that she wants the best of the best to be there at the end for her to go up against.
Speaker 3: But wouldn't you be part of the best of the best. Shouldn't she be talking about you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's very interesting because then later when they're on the beach, they talk about who Kirby wants to be at the end with, and she says Ferris, myself and Kitty. So it's a very interesting when you say conversations and what you actually are meaning. But I honestly do believe she wanted me to be there at the end with her, and unfortunately the other guys got to meet first.
Speaker 2: It's one of those shows, though, where you're not actually able to know because, like you know, there's so many lies being said all the time. You can't take anything to heart because you don't know if they're just blagging someone, you know.
Speaker 1: I found this season particular. I don't know if you guys found it, but I found like we were just swapping so many times.
Speaker 4: I felt like I was in a washing machine. I was like, who are we trusting today?
Speaker 1: And they're like, we're over here, we're back over there, and I was just like, I felt a little bit like there was no real loyalties.
Speaker 4: It was like on the day, we are trusting you.
Speaker 1: And we're like, that's where it's going, and then tomorrow's completely different story.
Speaker 4: So you can say whatever you want Tomorrow's New Day.
Speaker 2: Well, you're always going to be known as a challenge beast, and JLP did highlight that, but I just wanted to know, is that enough? Were you conscious of trying to balance out your social game with being a challenge based Like how are you trying to navigate that?
Speaker 1: Very interesting man, because obviously I'm so new to this game.
Speaker 4: I don't really I'm not like.
Speaker 1: A super fan like Eileen and Eden that love this game so much. I know the ins and outs. I've come in like pretty much country girl, come in, give it my best, go love challenges. That's where I knew my strengths would hopefully be, and I'm really happy to show how strong I was.
Speaker 4: And I was like, that's but obviously you can't just.
Speaker 1: Win off challenges, like you need to have some sort of social game or something, and it's hard to see in this I guess, but like, I obviously do have social game to get me to where I was. Obviously I've made a ride and die with Kirby that doesn't happen for no reason. And then obviously I was on the after Tribes. Well I got handed a horrendous deal, like I have no friends, really, I have all titans and literally I have to fight.
Speaker 4: My way to get back to Merge.
Speaker 1: Like I don't even know how people know how hard that was and how many conversations I had. I have to wake up every morning that who do I have to talk to you today? And like who do I need to like get on side and build some sort of trust and loyalty. And it's all those small conversations behind the scenes that builds that to that so that gets you through to the next state. And I got to Merge, and I was like tough with that because I was like, heck that was rough, Like I would be on the bottom of the ages. And then I come through to Merge and I was like, I finally I have an idol and.
Speaker 4: Then now I'm going to use immunity necklace and I was like, holy hecker.
Speaker 1: I was like, what now, I feel like I'm like somehow actually doing like it is always actually okay. And I was like very like relief for once in my life instead of stressing every day.
Speaker 2: So it is interesting because like in some ways you were acquired a player. I wondered whether or not it was conscious or whether it's what we got to see because you did allow maybe some of the noisier players to sort of eliminate themselves in a way whilst you sort of bit your tongue. Is that how it played out on the beach of Samoa.
Speaker 1: I definitely was playing that under the radar card definitely the start off with well, I was definitely trying to until I became like Kirby's Ride and Die and then I just had a target on my back anyway, just to be her like right hand man. But that was kind of where I was going. And do you know, it's so funny. Some of the other contestants were like, hey, guys, did you know he was good at challenges like before merch? So I was just like that was like they actually thought I was just like this skinny little girl that like was a bit uncoordinated, I think, but I'm I'm not really sure.
Speaker 4: That was like, nah, that really snuck up on us.
Speaker 1: So it was very interesting a perspectives of like how people they were got snuck up by like my game and they were like, Wow, she's actually just come out of nowhere here and we're actually a little bit and we're scared.
Speaker 2: Well, going back a few episodes, why did Kirby give you her immunity necklace, and why didn't everyone suspect that she must have been in on Raymond's advantage twist?
Speaker 4: Very interesting, isn't it?
Speaker 1: So Raymond asked for that boy every day would tell me where you going home?
Speaker 4: He loved it. He's like, ray you played too hard too early. You're too much of.
Speaker 1: A threat, like winning the challenges, and like he would just say it to me all the time. And I was just like, he wouldn't say it to Kirby, but he loves her to me and it maybe it was his game.
Speaker 4: He loves to stir me up.
Speaker 1: But coming into that, I said to it because that day Raymond came up to me. It's like if I hadn't my choice, I would vote you out tonight. And then I said to Kirby, are you sure he's putting hilarious name down? Because I will tell you that boy is. I'm on his hit list. And I am a little bit nervous that how cool would this plan be? We will vote I vote for Raymond in his plan and then he votes me out. I was like, I would be like Raymond, that is very good, like touche but ouch. So I said to Kirby, because Raymond adores Kirby like he was never going to vote her out, so she felt real safe. So then we're like, can we swap necklace over? And do you Well, I must admit we did that so stealthily. Not one person notice, Like I wish you could see the full time laps of like us doing that, because it was over a few stages of like like slowly like pretending to like itch my head or whatever.
Speaker 4: And then Jail He's like, you've got.
Speaker 1: The necklace and and I was like, oh, jail me, I've just done that, so sneaking.
Speaker 4: Needs to have a conversation about it.
Speaker 1: And then I was like look at Kerby, like, oh, I've caught us. But luckily no one really like at that moment. They could have really taken advantage of that and been like why are they doing this? Like and then Ferris could have been like hm, but they could have. It could have been a whole different trible and like caused a bit of like issues, but it didn't, thank god. And then actually Raymond's pan came off and super happy for him because it was like an epic like when in Survivor do you see that like, it is like a pretty epic pink to get a whole tribe.
Speaker 4: To vote for you.
Speaker 2: It is crazy, and I think people are going to be talking about that as one of the biggest moves of this season. Bonkers it was, But I mean, I just thought, considering that Ferris and Kirby were trying to hide themselves from knowing anything about what Raymond had done, That's where it was interesting to me that not even Mark was going to question that there was something else at play going on.
Speaker 1: And I think it's because my name gets pretty much thrown out all the time that people just think that I might try to protect myself because I reckon now watching this back, I feel like nearly every trouble that I'm at, it's my name, like getting put out every night.
Speaker 4: And I was like, come on, bus, I thought, I kind.
Speaker 3: Of feel like they eliminated you.
Speaker 2: And the reason why they eliminated you was they were literally just trying to take the legs out from underneath Kirby.
Speaker 3: I think they.
Speaker 2: Thought you're her ride or die, you're her right hand man, and you know they're not ready to go for Kirby yet, so they're just going to take away some of her power.
Speaker 3: I think that's what people were thinking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they definitely did think that from the pretty much before trub swap. That's where I got my target and it just went from there. But then and then afterwards, it just the challenges. They literally like just didn't see me as this challenge Beast and which I'm very grateful.
Speaker 4: For the name, but it also gives you a target on your back.
Speaker 1: But I'm so proud of those challenges, like literally mentally physically getting through someone then not like so gnally and yeah, super proud of like my mental capasity.
Speaker 2: Now that we kind of know this about being a challenge Beast, just do you think that Kirby's going to have to win every challenge from now on because if she picks up this Challenge Beast title, people going to boot her before we get to the final Trouble Council.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's like she's in a bit of strife. I think like she's going to have to win or she's going to have to try and meant that with Ferris to say, getting the two strongest people to the end, So you kind of mean the best kind of that she made that notion on the beach for them to do that, but it's a risk on anyone's move, so like, yeah, we'll have to see how it all pans out, but I really hope she wins them all.
Speaker 2: I want to ask you about Alex. I mean, it is the episode before you left, but he kind of looked like he was digging his grave in that final tribal council. For him, it was like a kamikaze dive. Why why did you do that? Like it kind of felt like he blew up his game. But is that because he knew there was nothing he could do and he just was just trying to create some noise and make it difficult for Kirby and a few others.
Speaker 4: Oh poor Alex. I love Alex.
Speaker 1: I think I think he probably read the room at you pretty well in the sense that he knew he was going home.
Speaker 4: He just didn't probably.
Speaker 1: Know how to exactly plan a way of getting out, And I think he just went down swinging be cause I'm I remember on the beach, we'd made up that fake plan to vote Raymond and Ferris like a split vote from the SPA, which.
Speaker 4: Was absolute load of bolocks. But he came to us three who you voted for? Raymond yep, and he's like, you're v Raymond.
Speaker 1: I was like, oh, so, I think he just like knew that we were voting, Like he just here it is like Riatto.
Speaker 4: Trust.
Speaker 1: So then obviously, instead of probably thinking a way of like maybe spinning it a different way to kind of keep him in, he just yeah, it was like, do you know what, I think everyone's voting for me, I'm just going to take out Kirby and do you know what, I'm just going to go down and tell say whatever I can to try and put a target on her back and try and direct the focus on her instead of him. But obviously he still went and it actually did put some heat on Kirby. So yeah, so I guess it kind of worked fifty to fifty for him.
Speaker 2: It did kind of work out. I mean, he's leaving the game and he just made it difficult for other people. But I guess at this point, you know, there's less players, there's more fatigue, you know, partial insanity. Have you all become accustomed to your surroundings of the fog that is survivor at this point of the game, have you all lost your mind?
Speaker 1: I feel like I was losing my mind a little bit, like I was almost like look at the Jurubula.
Speaker 4: Like and all the people coming in, I'm like, man, they look good and they.
Speaker 1: Look fresh, and I'm like I'm over here just being like I'm just trying to survive out here, like I hadn't eaten for so long, and like, thank god Alex took me on that spa or you'll be seeing a skeleton exit this game because there.
Speaker 4: Wasn't much left to me. Oh okay, so.
Speaker 1: And like it's just so hard, like without the food and like you don't sleep, and then it just gets so much more intense, like all the mind gave your brain. And I know lots of the time people look like I've got no clue, but I feel that my brains are like like try to listen to every conversation and put it together, and yeah, it gets exhausting.
Speaker 4: You just never stop.
Speaker 1: And I was thinking about this the other day, but I literally when I came out of the game, I still had this paranoida for a good week, Like I would dream about people voting me out, and then I would be in my real life and I'd think people were like trying to still scam against me and I was not even in game anymore. This is how bad this social experiment like absolutely transforms your brain so much, like for a week, I'll be like someone was doing something in the kitchen and talk to someone else.
Speaker 4: Are you talking about me?
Speaker 3: Or like are you are a time for some more therapy.
Speaker 2: Well, it's kind of funny that you mentioned that, because like I did Big Brother ten years ago, and everyone played that game like Big Brother, and I played it like Survivor because I'm a big Survivor fan. So I was in that show for four months, and so then it took years to go out socially and not think to myself, I like all of you guys, but which order am I going to get rid of you?
Speaker 1: I think it's so fascinating, like just these whole reality TV and how we get conformed into this space and you literally have to adapt and change and like everything changes. It's not like the real world, Like people watch the TV from home, they're like you fling it, but like in the game, you're literally it's so different. It's wild, like not nothing like I thought it would be. The psychological game. Literally it nearly like got me good, and I feel like I'm pretty strong but I was like, oh, this is hard getting stabbed left right in my back, Like, oh man, if.
Speaker 2: You could choose the order of people being eliminated, that's left, what's your order?
Speaker 3: Can you try and give that to me?
Speaker 4: Obviously, Mark? I don't know how many times I put Mark's name down for Mark.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you read this.
Speaker 2: Did you read the comment on social media yesterday where it was like re left doing what she's always doing, and that is putting a vote on Mark.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've left the game the way I started.
Speaker 1: I think Mark is an incredible player, but obviously I just think it was like underestimated, Like how do people not see how good he is?
Speaker 4: Like he's doing great? And I was like, yeah, so.
Speaker 1: It would be Mark, Caroline and then Kitty and I would like to see the two big boys fight it out.
Speaker 4: That's what I would probably do.
Speaker 3: Okay, but where does Raymond fall into that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Sorry, Raymond, Sorry Raymond? Oh my god, I got I put Raymond after Caroline and then okay, kid.
Speaker 2: I guess the question that it would be that I need to ask you at this point is is there anything you could have done? Because I actually didn't think there was I've kind of felt like you got backed into a corner. Is there any way that you could have tried had to pull in any other relationships On that final day in Samoa.
Speaker 4: I think I was toast.
Speaker 1: I just don't think no one, not no one wanted to work with me because I obviously they were scared if they did, and there was a challenge, they all knew they couldn't beat me, so they were all just like terrified. So the only other option you can try and vote out would obviously be Fairest because Kirby had our necklace, and just no one. I just don't think anyone wanted to keep me and Kirby in Like that's just.
Speaker 4: Like like while we do that, that seems just like ridiculous.
Speaker 1: So I'm like the easiest pick, and yeah, they've I think if I was in the same situation, I would have voted myself out like they probably needed me to go.
Speaker 2: So I always say break out the vegi mind because the toast is ready.
Speaker 4: I was absolutely toast.
Speaker 1: I had nothing, I had no avenues to even weezer my way in anything. So when that challenge was done, Kirby one, I was like.
Speaker 4: Well that was it. That's my game done.
Speaker 3: What was it like watching Kirby and Ferris?
Speaker 2: Because we're watching this on television and it is iconic, people are going to talk about the dynamics between their friendship, relationship, their rivalry, however you want to call it. What's it like when you're living with them day in and day out. What's going on with those two? I don't think it's sexual tension, but there's definitely some interesting things happening in the minutia.
Speaker 1: They are like brother and sister, I would say, but they are the funniest people together because they literally give each other crap so much. Then they like both take it. But it's so funny because Ferris is hilarious and he hates being picked on.
Speaker 4: It's so cute.
Speaker 1: It gets so he's a little frustrated faces at Kirby, and then Kirby and I just like giggled most of the time about Ferris, and then Ferris tries to get Kirby back with some things and just never like We're like, yeah, that's whatever they are. So they're actually like, actually really good friends, and it hats off to them that they both had this amazing game, both very strategic and able to work against each other, with each other, against each other with each other.
Speaker 4: So yeah, love them both.
Speaker 2: People be talking about them forever. I'm asking everyone who joins the podcast to finish this sentence in the game of Survivor.
Speaker 1: In the game of Survivor, you always need to cross check your facts with everyone because everyone lies to you. So definitely talk to everyone to get the story right. That's what I would advise anyone in this game.
Speaker 2: You never listen to people who heighten their voice the same way again, do you know when people, oh, man, I'm not going to vote for you, I'm like coving.
Speaker 4: She just lies straight to my face? How dare she? Yeah, don't go high pitched or get your lying face on? Good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's your face?
Speaker 2: I can remember that was in Seasons where someone said to one of them, just watch your face because if that people can see that down the beach.
Speaker 3: You know, you've got to be careful.
Speaker 2: Everyone who joins the podcast, I finish with this question, what is something from behind the scenes? Something we didn't get a chance to see, something from behind the scenes. I guess of your time on the beach of Samoa.
Speaker 1: This is just my personal one. People probably don't even mind that much about seeing it up.
Speaker 4: But camp Life, who made that fire every day? Google that wood ready? Who built the shelters over and was warm at night? Me, Jayden and Kirby, And they don't really ensure any of us. And I was the fire queen and I.
Speaker 1: Felt also they didn't like it because I also was very handy around camp. But yes, camp life and all that, like tinkering and building stuff, I did very well and it didn't get shown.
Speaker 4: But that's okay. I know what I did out there, and it was very fun.
Speaker 3: What were they all doing at that point? But they all sitting around having a mother's meeting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they they don't really do. Actually Mark did some fire, he was really good at fire. But yeah, some other people they just I don't know. They obviously won't.
Speaker 4: Put it up.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure I only saw Ferris pick up one stick the entire season and put on the fire like and.
Speaker 4: He didn't look once.
Speaker 1: He didn't didn't clean the house, didn't cook, I didn't like the fire.
Speaker 4: And look at him now, he's looking pretty So anyway.
Speaker 2: Sounds like a typical man from Bankstown. Didn't cook, didn't clean, didn't do a goddamn thing. But did a lot of talking about a lot of talking about himself. Ree I just want to say how fantastic it has been to chat with you today. I think you are so amazing in the game of Survivor, like you're designed for it.
Speaker 3: I'm sad to see you go.
Speaker 2: You never know, though, that I might ask you back and then you'd have to do.
Speaker 3: It all over again.
Speaker 4: Oh I know, challenge.
Speaker 2: Have the best time chatting with the media today. Yeah, thank you for being so generous with your time.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much.