Speaker 1: I haven't there.
Speaker 2: Talk to me about this hair?
Speaker 3: Who is andros?
Speaker 2: Today we're talking about blankies. Yes, those decrepit stained, tore up blankets and cushions and stuffed animals that you've kept since you were a wee child.
Speaker 3: I think it's cute, you know. We listen to show.
Speaker 2: We shared a listener DM that was talking about how a date of theirs after a one night stand had come across their blanky, which led me to post the question number one, who has blankies? Frims and I are pushing thirty. Yes, so we are out of the demographic. Also, it would seem we are not this is key blankie demographic. And I also made the generalized statement that I thought that blankies wore Caucasian activities. Come to find out based on our listener dms, we have a few people who aren't purely Caucasian who own blankies. Listen to these we have three this The first person says, I'm mixed raced African Australian. I don't have a blanky, but when my twin and I were born in the hospital, they were giving out stuffed panda toys, so we both got one and we've held onto them. Since I think they're particularly comforting because we moved into nationally every few years growing up, and these little pandas are a constant in our lives. Oh my panda is not a daily comfort object and usually lives under my bed, but she comes out for special comfort requiring occasions, especially if we twins are separated. Example, one of us is in hospital. Okay, I'm a redrun more out. Then we'll go through the rest of our podcast. It's flex and rooms anywhere you get good podcasts. This person says, I'm a half Asian woman. That's I'm seeing for both people. These are half Caucasians. Still, my point remains, Okay, I'm a half Asian woman who had a blank until I was twelve. I don't think it's a Caucasian thing, as more of a neurodivergent thing. Okay, I'm diagnosed ADHD and suspected autistic and now I have my adult blankie, which is a shawl from India. Okay, I have a neurodivergent urge to things around myself really tight when I'm panicked, and I now and I know I used to do that with a blankie.
Speaker 3: Okay, so it's like a personal weighted blanket that has some sort of like necessary sentimental value.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, again, I'm happy to make generalized statements, and I'm always happy to be to be proven wrong. This is in a situation where I stand by what I said. Though on the podcast we're going to discuss if blankies aren't purely Australian, though I think they might be. I want to read about this third listener DM because it does prove my theory wrong. And I wasn't prepared to dox myself on radio, but I'll do it in the potty. I am Japanese and not Caucasian, and I've had comfort stuffed animals since I was little. That being said, I grew up in not just Tokyo but also Ipswitch, so maybe Caucasian behavior has rubbed off on me. I think this is very interesting. The neurodivergent angle is one I hadn't considered before. And I do understand the habitual element of having this thing that's been with you from life. I don't think I really truly understood the concept of sentimentality and objects and music until adulthood, when i'd gone through like I don't want to say extreme times, but like emotionally significant times where I could be like, oh, that has stuck with me. But if childhood felt emotionally significant and these associated animals and blankets also feel emotionally significant, then I guess that makes a bit more sense to me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm trying to think about my own proclivities to it.
Speaker 2: You're gonna say proclivities, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: It's a little bit of slash on that one. Do I say that long?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But it's it's it's where you say it more than how frequently you say it. But that's like when there's a pause, I know it's coming up.
Speaker 3: Because I'm like sifting through the rolodex, and I might be like, wait, do I a word for this? And also is it a word that I send me? Don't understand the meaning of we love?
Speaker 2: Those should be Google what proclivities means?
Speaker 3: Please? Oh guess while we're here. Yes, proclivities is like a like a natural leaning towards something because you're good? Is it?
Speaker 2: We do have a writer in our myths soon to be published author, current published author. It's a tendency to choose or do something regularly, an inclination or predisposition towards a particular thing.
Speaker 3: Yes, babe, Yes, but go on, I definitely see the like I'm a person that needs a little comfort items. I must admits I have been known to get into a routine quite heavily in a way that is perhaps maladaptive. What's this accent that was actually not even meant to be? Okay, people get this. You just get into a rhythm with like oldie weldy type speak, like my friend Ricky is always like you speak in a very particular way. That's like giving oldi weldy vibes.
Speaker 2: Which I love.
Speaker 3: I need to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say, if you were to pendulum swing in any direction, let's go further oldie worldy, and let's also bring in some letter writing and some public pining calligority. Fine enough, I've taken yurn out of the vocap because I google the definition and it feels a little bit like unrequired vibes. But pine, you know, let's let's pine for things.
Speaker 3: All I see is a tree. But also I appreciate that, Yeah, let's fur is there a fer tree? Like if I are, let's keep it going. Gram gam cam gamma. I understand this from all my girlies and boy bosses. I just understand being in a routine, and like being in a routine that you like, You could throw it out if you want. You could like give it away if you want. But you know how like, yeah, you like grow out of routines, but you're still need a little push to get out of it. And the push doesn't have to be negative or like sad. You can just be like, all right, I'm willing to like try and not sleep with my blanky for a few nights.
Speaker 2: Wow, this is an addiction, you know. I was asking before what does having a blank you say about someone? And initially I was like, perhaps it means they're emotionally stunted, but maybe it actually means they're emotionally the opposite of stunted.
Speaker 3: What makes you think that.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm thinking about people who yet, let's use the people who have dmd US, Right, they have this awareness around it being a comfort object and acknowledging that one needs comfort that you might not be getting elsewhere. Right, And so you've given You've allowed yourself to have this experience through a source, which I think is some kind of emotional intelligence. Yeah, self awareness.
Speaker 3: Definitely being aware that the blanky of what the blanky represents is a step.
Speaker 2: Because it when I see it initially, where if I walked into a room of an adult and I saw a ton of stuffed animals, I would sooner think of what's going on here? Like the surface is like, what's this? Are we role playing toddler? But then maybe we're not role playing at all. Maybe it's just allowing space to have things that give us comfort.
Speaker 3: Definitely, it's also kind of cool to have something.
Speaker 1: That no, I swear, it's like, you know what I never see in our generation slash in anyone that wasn't born in the eighteen eighties is like dolecre like having them real porcelain type dole situation where their heads fall off, like I reckon.
Speaker 3: If you are psychologically strong, you can handle having like a row of those dolls in the bedroom. But takes a very particular.
Speaker 2: To do that. All right, let's go, Missy Baite.