Speaker 1: Welcome to them.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell show podcast. So it was a big day for my family yesterday. My eighteen year old daughter first one of us to get her citizenship and it was amazing semariy. I went to the local town hall. There were eighty other people all becoming Australian citizens yesterday and from thirty different countries. They did a really nice thing as they So they were about ten rows, eight people on each row, and they got them up row by row, and the microphone was passed along and each person would say the name, what country they're from. This is very interesting. You've got people from all over Vietnam, Trinned down, Tobago. However, what is it about. So we're up in the sort of upstairs in the balcony. All the guests that were there right anytime anyone from America said, oh yeah, us of a the old Americans who are behind us, idiot. You know, it's about becoming Australian. We're not the masters.
Speaker 1: Take it easy, have win anything here.
Speaker 2: Every time someone went from the US was a face pumpink. Yes, I think it's a citizenship. This is about inclusivity and becoming a part of this country. We should be cheering all the different countries, not not just America.
Speaker 1: That's actually a lot for America because when Bianco, who was American, became a citizen, she now has to travel on an Australian passport, so she relinquished her a US passport.
Speaker 2: Well, not just that, then this guy obviously was getting more excarded because they're quite a few Americans becoming citizens and whatever their family now is. Like, you know, is Chuck Harrison, you just get this guy? Yes, go Harrisons. It's the security here, all right. So we're gonna do a knock off Friday. We did this every Friday on the show. We ask you what tell me you knocking off? Well, the best question the week We'll tell me you knocking off toda on a Friday, and then what is the highlight for you this weekend? However, we were all coming in for various parts of Melbourn. We saw little bit quiet on the roads because everyone, the majority of Melbourne are in bed right now or sleeping off maybe hangovers or whatever they got up to yesterday. We know that I'm not a lot of trades at work today. I didn't see any use on an Appeian I.
Speaker 1: Think it's the Australian way that anytime it's a Tuesday or Thursday public holiday, you have to make it into an as.
Speaker 2: Part of the citizenship test. What do you do the day after a midweek? All right? So today, what we're gonna do if you're calling in for knock off Friday because you're actually at work, you've showed up today for work, We're gonna buy you a beer or whatever your tiple of choice is. Okay, Jackie boy, what are you up to this weekend? This is your last weekend before the family come back.
Speaker 1: That's right. I think I'm thinking of getting rid of the idea. I was just gonna play frisbee with my friends tomorrow, ultimate frisbee in the park.
Speaker 2: But that word, ultimately, in case anyone thought it was a bit soft, it's it's ultimate hardcore UFC. Basically, there's not a lot.
Speaker 1: Of interest for that. So I'm thinking with surday out.
Speaker 3: That's thirty five degrees tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Is that I've still got the poker table set up from hosting you guys the other night.
Speaker 2: I have to say this, Patsy, you missed a great night.
Speaker 3: Who won in the end?
Speaker 2: Rio? Did you? I? Was stitched up. I lost all my money twice, three times. My daughter was there and even after a while I was trying to buy back in for the fourth time, she went to just leave it down, step away from the table.
Speaker 4: Sad.
Speaker 2: When he kids after do an intervention at age.
Speaker 3: How would you rate the snacks? Was there good snacks?
Speaker 2: Great snacks? We had good pizza. You've got a beautiful new home as well. It was very very good, Actually it was.
Speaker 1: I was. I loved it.
Speaker 2: It was fun, very good. Get this patchy so typical Jack. I turn up and I go, because this is your brand new house. I said, this place looks amazing. Can we have a look around? I went the WIRs in me and him because it's customer for a host. When the movie and some were going, I'll walk you through it, Jack does this. He sat in his chair having a bit. He goes, just at yourself, just wander around. Oh Jack, So me, Kate and the Ruby did go for a little wonder when did the sun run? Two possible scenarios for a room to be like this. Okay, you're part of a sleeper cell or your thirteen year old gamer. He had this oversized computer screen. One of those sort of like futuristic sci fi chairs.
Speaker 1: It's not that futuristic. They get way worse.
Speaker 2: And then on the floor a lone sock. I took a photo because I believe it alone. I didn't, so I didn't see it. My daughter, look at that, look away, sweet child.
Speaker 5: His wife's been away days setting that bucket share with his joystick's been knocking off.
Speaker 1: Earlie, you've never kicked off your shoes in front of.
Speaker 2: Did your computer? Oh dear today show one loane sock? I felt so sorry for that little sock orphan. Where was his finding? Soco? Where were we are we on air? Well?
Speaker 1: Last time I let you poke around my hand.
Speaker 2: Well, you said, have a wander round because I've almost trod on it.
Speaker 1: But it's a song. He's a song.
Speaker 2: We understand, Okay, we understand. You can't is it complicated?
Speaker 1: Socks on my feet and I took the fresher.
Speaker 3: Where was the other one there?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: I told you it was a.
Speaker 2: Long way from home. Anyway, Anyway, we don't need to go into the mind of that poor lonely old start lie on the floor there, I get that sorted up before your wife comes back. By the way, any who give us a call. What time you knocking off today? What is the highlight of your week? This is the Christian Commel Show podcast. Interesting atmosphere in the studio.
Speaker 1: I'm innocent, I am innocent.
Speaker 2: I saw a lonely sock by a computer screen.
Speaker 1: Strap me to the lie detector at my house, as sock is a.
Speaker 2: Sock one loan soop. We got that CSI blue light like a trades radio goy one O four point three. Good morning. It's the Christian O'Connell Show. It's seventeen minutes plus seven four cluck rubber. We're doing knockoff right day, where we ask you what time you're knocking off today and what is the high night of your weekend? Obviously got some cleaning up to do with the weekend, Jack before a ball year. Now, I meant tidy the place up. Stuff that for your wife and son. Comeback. Don't let them see you like that.
Speaker 1: You didn't even let me tell you what I'm doing this weekend.
Speaker 2: By the way, hopefully not more of that. None of that back of yours is often a bit sore in your stretching during the show. What are you up to this weekend?
Speaker 1: I was gonna host another poker night, now that all the chips of the cards were and the table are already set up in.
Speaker 2: The Great idea. Yep, look tidy up.
Speaker 1: So he's gonna invite my friends around to play more poker.
Speaker 2: Just shut that door into the what's in a jacktic, don't go in there, Patsy? What are you up to this weekend?
Speaker 3: Well, today we're going, you know, lead.
Speaker 1: Up to school.
Speaker 3: So we've got school haircuts today, final uniforms, and then we're going to head back down the coast lovely squeeze the last bit of summer out to school.
Speaker 1: So you went down the coast yesterday yesterday, back up for now and get a haircut them back in Yeah too right.
Speaker 2: I can't wrap my head around that so much.
Speaker 3: No, it's not from my place down to point Lonnie. It's like forty five minutes.
Speaker 1: So you've got some sort of airbnb, yeah, for five days.
Speaker 2: Do you remember two days ago when I said, sometimes you don't need to unpick everything? Why we sort of putting this journey that listen, Just don't even.
Speaker 3: Care about musing about it, Jack, I'm just.
Speaker 2: Exactly one known sock. That's what I saw. I showed to you later, Pats.
Speaker 3: See, I don't need to see it. No, I believe you.
Speaker 2: That's all right. I don't imagine having teenage boys bedroom. What are you doing this weekend, Christian, Jeff, come on in, Jeff morning, Good morning, Jeff. What'll tell me knocking off today? Mate?
Speaker 7: I'm hoping in about two and a half hours I should behind.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And what's the highlight for you this weekend? Jeff?
Speaker 7: Taking this family away to beller Rat hopefully up to a caravan park up there. There should be some nice weather and some swimming and a bit of iron after change.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 1: What do I mean hopefully you know booked it?
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 7: Two kids hopefully? Uh, you know they take you on your ties a bit. But uh there's some quiet time and a bit of chill checks all about quiet.
Speaker 2: Would pixel? Should mate know? They shouldn't make that? And Jeff your work today, Jeff?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Actually I haven't seen them since Boxing Ice. I've worked every day since Box and Dice. I go back to school Monday, so a bit of a holiday well actually, get im side kind of means a lot to the family, so they should be excited.
Speaker 2: A sleep apparently, yeah, but it means you well and.
Speaker 7: True kids and the lady actually get ready, so we should be leaving in about adel.
Speaker 2: Okay, and uh now for showing up to work today. Everyone that calls a knockoff, we're gonna shout you a bear or whatever you want. What's the troup we're buying for you, Jeff?
Speaker 7: Anything anything you los mon would be laugh anything.
Speaker 2: You're not fussy too. It could be cider, could be beer, could be a dry white wine. We'll go Corona Corona. Oh, nice little leven in the top, Jeff, sliding it down the enjoy that coronas. I have a good week here with your kids. Good and the mysterious. The lady Shanee, good morning.
Speaker 6: Hello, good morning guys.
Speaker 2: Hey going, we're good Sharie. And what tell me you're knocking off today?
Speaker 6: Love you four o'clock today, Christian.
Speaker 2: Okay, and then what's your highlight of your weekend?
Speaker 6: Okay, we're getting ready.
Speaker 4: We've got the New Haven Market tomorrow down at fullp Islands. I think everybody should come down and check out H two our living Gibbs.
Speaker 1: You got a market stall here?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yes, we do have a market store. We do hardro plans. They look sadantastic. What are they so we take the plants without dirt, so they suspend it in water and you can get to feel their roots.
Speaker 4: And we make a beautiful handmade plants which is a lamp for your plant and which lights them up.
Speaker 6: You should jump on Facebook. Look, h living Gibbs.
Speaker 2: I have never heard of it.
Speaker 1: I've got an idea what you described?
Speaker 6: Well, jump jump on Facebook.
Speaker 2: Look now all right and give yourself a plug. Where can people find it on Facebook?
Speaker 6: Well at H two? Oh so it's H two sorry h number two.
Speaker 2: Zero H.
Speaker 1: Sorry girl.
Speaker 7: We're out at.
Speaker 4: Pakadam, we're out at Packingham and we're at the Puna Park Market. For tomorrow we're at new Haven.
Speaker 2: Gotcha all right? We just see that they look great. That's fantastic. Now for showing up for what today. They do look very good. We're shouting you a drink. What would you like, Shannie, I'd love.
Speaker 6: The buildings any flavor. I'm not fussy.
Speaker 2: Coming down right now with some ice and to keep it cold as well. Have a great weekend. Goode tomorrow and New Haven. Paul on a brighter nose.
Speaker 7: You're listening to the question o Carl Show Podcast