Speaker 1: Coming up on today's show, Anna Paul surprises her ex with his dream car, Indy Clinton begged Swifties to stop attacking her, and is Emmy Lou set to hit our TV screens. Hello, and welcome to Outspoken. It's your dose of the hottest influencer and pop culture news twice a week. I'm Sophie Torbert and yesterday Amy and I were on a shoot with our business, Hula Media, and we were working with Callum Hand from Master Chef. We were having a bit of a debate over what items should be kept in your fridge and on your bench. And some of these items that he thinks should be kept on your bench really stumped me. So what sort of items Like, I don't really keep anything on my kitchen bench, Well, you're talking about a fruit bowl. It all started because he said that he keeps his butter on the bench, and then he started talking about fruit and veg and apparently he thinks strawberries should not be in the fridge, they should be on the bench. He did lose me when he said that he thinks chocolate should be in the fridge because every other fruit and veggie he would say, I know that can be in the pantry, like tomatoes, grapes, all of that. But he said no chocolate should be in the thing, maybe because he hasn't got any room left on the bench if he's got all of that stuff. I was gonna say, I have a very small kitchen and I don't think that I could fit half of the things he was talking about on my bench. Well, does he put him in the pantry or is it so he can easily grab them, because sometimes you do forget that you have fruit in the fridge and then it goes off. Well, he was saying he had a friend in Spain who would have a huge cheese platter out. It would be out all day, so when it came to after dinner they could just go to the platter, take it out, and eat it instant like. Thinking about his ants and flies, I assume there must be some sort of covering over this cheese platter. I have seen on TikTok there is this trend of keeping your butter on your kitchen bench in this fancy sort of contraption. But people were saying it just attracts mold. What about veggimi? Is that in the fridge or is that a pantry pantry. I think it's similar to my take on tomato sauce. I think tomato sauce should be kept in the pantry as well. I think that's a bit of a controversial one. I really think it depends what's date you're from as well, because the feedback from people in Queensland is that it's so hot and humid there that most of their produce has to be kept in the fridge. What did Callum think about eggs? Because I have heard of people that don't put eggs in the fridge, which actually freaks me out. He didn't actually say, but one lady who was on the chute admitted that she leaves her chocolate in the freezer and I just think that is blasphemy. Why she said she likes it extra cruntry. I would love to hear what everyone else thinks. We will put a thread in our Facebook community. Controversial influencer Emmy lu McCarthy is set to hit our TV screens on the reboot of Ready Steady Cook. So the iconic cooking show is back on Channel ten after more than a decade off the air. So it's been announced that the first episode will drop on March eighth, at seven thirty PM, so unlike the original series, it's going to be on prime time. Wow. That blows my mind because I was thinking, we're going to have a new generation of kids who want to basically gips school in order to catch this show. Don't you remember the absolute joy when your parents would let you have the day off and you'd settle into Ready Steady Cook. I think by the time Oprah was on, I was kind of over the TV though. It is so funny. We were on a shoot yesterday and this girl who's twenty one, she was referencing Oprah and she goes, oh, I'm that person Opera and I was like, oh my god. The fact that Jens is clearly don't know Oprah. Remember Doctor Phil as well? That was an unbeatable combination. I remember Ready Steady Cook did have a comeback and they did air in this time slot and it just bombed. I'm not confident that this is going to do well well. I think it actually could do pretty well because they're bringing in celebrity chefs like Hayden Quinn Sofia. I know you're be excited about that, can On Adriana Sombo and also Mindy Wood so they all have pretty big public profiles, but they're also reaching out to apparently what they call Australia's favorite celebrities. Now, one of those people, as we referenced in the intro, is Emmy Lu McCarthy. Now I'm not sure if you would classify her as a favorite, but her inclusion has already sparked so much conversation, negative conversation, but conversation. Nevertheless, it's interesting because she clearly has a contract with Channel ten because she was hired to do some sort of random hosting gigs with Studio ten. Now that Studio ten is defunct, I wonder if they had to fill her contract up with a couple of stints on this. Well, it seems like a strategy from ten to actually have influences on their shows because think of the project. There are so many podcasts and influencers who were now panelists on there. Yeah, I mean it is a clever strategy, but this could backfire because all the commentary I've seen has been really negative. So Channel ten have been deleting the comments off because people have been referencing Emmy Lu's misdemeanors and while the TV show hasn't actually confirmed that she's on it. One of the other social media chefs that was on it has actually confirmed that she is, and people have said that they were a part of the live studio audience and have seen her. So it's going to be interesting when she actually comes out and announces that she definitely is on the show. Look, I actually think it's a bit of a win for Channel ten because even though you've got people writing negative comments, it's all creating engagement and all the people on Tuttle who hate her are going to tune in because they're going to have a treasure trove of potential means to make from that. Can you imagine Sophie Keisha Vers Emmy Lou? I wouldn't know who to go for. Yeah, what do we think? Would Emmy Lou be on Team Capsicum or Team Tomato? Team Tomato? I can just imagine people throwing Robin toms. It reminds me of on Love Island when one of the guys said that you either look like a rat or a frog, and it is so true. They were able to go through every contestant and identify what do you guys think you are? I'd say a rat? Yeah, I think yeah? They could. I don't want to be either. Well, they said, you know Toby, They said, he is the only person who's a mix between a frog and a rat. Oh, I see a total rat. What about Molly? Is she a frog? A frog? Yeah? I think she's a frog?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: What about Callum Kalam's a rat? What's Emmy?
Speaker 3: Lou?
Speaker 1: Then from Yeah, I'd say frog at book Glenn his dream car?
Speaker 3: I would have listen, gtr and you doesn't notice a surprise.
Speaker 1: While most ex's leave their partners with trauma, TikToker Anna Paul is bucking the trend. She's earned herself the title of best ex girlfriend after surprising her ex Glenn Thompson with his dream car. TikTok is losing their minds over this, and I can see why. Yeah, everyone is going crazy over this video. It's already gained five million views on TikTok at the time of recording. Now, a lot of the excitement stems from the fact that fans desperately want Anna and Glenn to get back together. I can't believe it. They've actually been broken up for six months now, and in that time there's been so many conspiracy theories that they're getting back together or this is all a pr start. You can kind of see why because at Christmas time, Anna shared that they spent Christmas together with both of their families, and all of these videos continuously attract mass views on the million. There's also a lot of interest because they seem to be on these very personal journeys. So Glenn has been hitting the gym as a lot of people seem to do when they go through a breakup, and he looks like a completely different person. And on the other hand, Anna has also lost a lot of weight, but her weight loss has a lot of judgment directed at all. I think it's because she has insinuated that she's losing weight because she's upset about the situation, Whereas people look at Glenn and I think a lot of people assume that Anna was the one that broke up with him, and people think that he's hitting the gym to try to depress her. I have been noticing on a lot of Anna's videos that Anna on a zeenpit keeps coming up as a suggested term. I'm not surprised because her weight loss has come at a time where ozeen pick is definitely under the microsop and so many influences and celebrities have been using it. Now getting back to this gifted car. A day before she made the announcement, she actually put up a bit of a disclaimer video. Here's a snippet of what she said. I hung up with.
Speaker 3: Glenn yesterday and his whole family, and so something really special happened, and I want to post about it, but I'm nervous because last time I post to Glenn, a bunch of tiktoks came out of people saying that I'm a crazy ex and like, Anna seems cool, but you can tell she's definitely insane, crazy obsessed with Glenn Paul Glenn.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: Anna continued, saying anytime that she creates a video, whether it be with Glenn or even a makeup tutorial, her comments are flooded with rumors and speculation about her and Glenn. She then break down, saying that she can't take any more of the negative comments.
Speaker 2: Sucks to be struggling a little bit, and people are like, you can tell, like, Anna's really mean since breaking up with Glenn, and she you can tell she's just changed since breaking up with Glenn, and she's not this.
Speaker 1: It's because I'm sad, Brenda, I don't know why.
Speaker 2: It's okay, it's fine, Like it's okay, it's normal.
Speaker 1: It happens to everyone.
Speaker 2: But don't be calling me mean. I'm sad and trying like that's not nice.
Speaker 3: I'm trying and I'm not mean.
Speaker 1: I'm just sad. Anyway, I'm gonna post a TikTok, but with Glenn.
Speaker 2: Yes, stay, it's super cute. It's super super cute. Honestly, one of the best nights of my life. You guys are gonna love it.
Speaker 1: She finished, saying everything is as normal as it can be and that they're friends who love each other. That's all, and that's all there is to it. I find this all very confusing because she seems to be between a rock and a hard place, because she's the one that's continuously putting out this content about Glenn that is confusing everyone and making everyone think that they're back together. But then she's also copying it because it's almost like she's just using it for clicks. I do think it's pretty naive of Anna not to expect her followers to actually talk about Glenn, considering how much content she is putting out and the fact that this isn't a normal breakup. Not everybody stays best friends with their It's not even about staying amicable with him, it's about gifting him a luxury cup. It is interesting that she made a point of saying the model of the car, because you can easily go and see how much it is. So it's a NIS and GTR, so the base model will set you back over one hundred and eighty two thousand dollars, whereas the top of the range GTR is over four hundred and twenty five thousand dollars. I feel like with Anna, she would have gone top of the range as well. So how did this surprise actually play out? Well? Anna was out at a joint family dinner with Glenn and she arranged for the car to be part next to her g Wagon. And Anna thought she would ask Glenn to come downstairs because she'd recently had high smile wrapping put around it. So that's her latest promotion with them, and she was going to show it to him anyway. This is how it unfolded. And you like this one.
Speaker 3: Even better.
Speaker 4: It's yours, it's yours, it's yours.
Speaker 1: I just have so many thoughts about this. Is it possible that Anna Paul, at twenty four years of age, is so emotionally mature that she has the healthiest breakup that we've ever seen. Well, I mean, she does have her parents as role models, because for those who don't know, they are divorced, but they live under the same roof as Anna. They live all as this happy family together, even to the point where the dad apparently gets on well with the mum's new boyfriend. Can we just be real here. This is obviously for TikTok views. Maybe if she'd given it to Glenn and not filmed his response, I might have thought, oh, this is just her being really mature. So you think this is just all pr because it is pretty impressive to be like, look, how mature I am. We have the best breakup on the internet, you know, bad blood. She's smart because she knows a video of an ex girlfriend giving their boyfriend a super expensive car is going to get a lot of commentary on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, she was even getting around with her I'm the best ex girlfriend top on a couple of weeks ago. She seems to be buying into the speculation, which I then find confusing because in that initial video she was saying, Oh, I don't want this to create more comments, and I'm struggling with it at the moment. It also makes me think, and I'm not insinuating that this is the case at all, but sometimes when someone goes over the top to proof that they're so nice and everything is hunky door, it kind of makes you think, well, what are they hiding because they're so keen to make you think a certain way and get you off the set of Maybe something wasn't quite right between them Despite them both saying they're happy to be friends. It is really rare for exes to be friends because quite often one person is holding a candle for the other person. And I think it makes it so difficult for each of them to actually move on, because how is she going to feel if next week he has a new girlfriend that he's picking up in the car and taking out on dates. Well maybe it's a sense of guilt because a lot of people have said that Anna has moved on. There is a guy that continuously appears in her videos that everyone thinks is her boyfriend. So maybe is that she's feeling guilty and just is like here have this.
Speaker 3: Everyone's like, do you even know who Gracie is.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I don't even fucking know who sang the song. I just lip saying to it because I felt hot.
Speaker 1: Sophia Beg has hit back at her followers for invading her privacy. The TikToker who goes by the handle Sofa Dofer has vout to keep her private life under wraps now after an influencer tee page exposed it's the identity of her apparent secret boyfriend. So Sophia shared a selfie looking bemused and caption it, you'll beg to know stuff about my life and relationship. And then the second I share a snippet, you act so weird and invasive, and then you all wonder why influencers get super private and don't tell you stuff because you're weird about it. Back, I go to being private, sof no more snippets of my private life. You'll ruined it. This is off the back of Sophia sharing a photo dump and she included in one of the photos her and a new partner looking in the mirror, but his head was cut out of it, so clearly from those very small and minute details, people were able to piece together who he actually is. Is she about surprised though? I mean it's kind of like waving a red flag in front of a ball, Like people see a tiny snippet and then they just want more and more, And it's not necessarily a bad thing. It's because people are genuinely interested in her life. Well, I mean, she seft launched him. What does she expect There are people with a lot of time on their hands that are very invested in her life. If she's giving out details like that, people are going to put two and two together. I do find it odd to hear her say that she's going to go back to being private, because the whole premise of being an influencer is sharing your life with people. And it just makes you think, well, the content that she is sharing mustn't be very authentic and organic if she's like, now, I'm not giving you any of my private life anymore, I do think because it just adds. I have to say, I am quite impressed that people were able to figure out who this guy is though, because his face was cut out. They must have gone through every single guy that she's following in order to locate him.
Speaker 4: Money everyone, Well, we are after school dropped.
Speaker 1: Today Byron Bay Influenza Ruby Tuesday matthew says she was targeted in the wild by an online troll who damaged her car in a brazen attack. Now, so how did this all play out? Well? Ruby said that she was running errands with her daughter in her Mercedes g Wagon, which does feature very heavily on a social media when she re turned to find her car had been sideswiped by two trolleys in a shopping center car park. Now she shared a photo to her Instagram story of her scratched up car, and in the reflection of the car you can clearly see that she is holding her daughter holiday. She wrote, cheers to the asshole who fully sideswiped my whole car from the back passenger down to the front with a trolley, then laid two trolleys down in front of my car so I couldn't drive out in the car park in Ballina today, Like wow, you know why that someone went to the extent to lay down trolleys at the front of my car? Like whatever, you hate me sideswipe my car, asshole? But do you know how hard it was to pick up two trolleys with a baby in hand? No CCTV footage and the gentleman who works there said he had not seen anything like this with the trolley laid down situation. I felt so sorry for Ruby. This is absolutely awful. You would feel so vulnerable having your car targeted like this at your local shopping center, particularly how they even lay the trolleys down in front of the car so she couldn't leave with her baby. It seemed very aggressive. Yeah, and recently I saw this thing pop up on my TikTok and it was talking about all these traps that people can lay for you in an actual shopping center car park like it was saying, oh, if you notice it, this is on your car or this or that these people are actually waiting for you. It does seem very targeted, especially because this car is so prominent on her social media, so whether someone has spotted it and followed her and done this, it's very scary because you think, what are they going to do next. It almost seems like something school kids would do in the sense of using a trolley to graffiti a car, But if you look at her audience and who follows her generally, it seems to be mums in their thirty so it's quite disturbing that potentially someone has acted out like this, like an adult has done this to her. You don't have to forgive, and you don't have to forget to move on. You can move on without any of those things happening. As we gear up for the Sydney leg of Taylor Swift's Eras Tour, debate is raging around the ethics of going to more than one show. Radio breakfast host and former AFL footballer Cameron Ling has come out and labeled those who bought multiple tickets to the Eras Tour as the biggest flogs in the world. He went on to say that he was specifically referring to those who flaunted the experience. Now, what I want to talk about is how we feel about influencers getting free tickets from brands, because there are a few brave influencers who have recently shared that they're attending the Eras Tour with a brand. Now, Indy Clinton is one of them. Yeah, I think she did underestimate the backlash though, because on Wednesday night, she shared that she and her husband were making friendship bracelets ahead of attending both Saturday and Monday concerts in Sydney. It didn't take long for her DMS to absolutely blow up with pissed off Swifties, and this led Indy to explain that she has tried hard to do a giveaway with her plus one ticket instead of taking a friend. However, she said due to legal stuff with TS, I wasn't allowed to give away the ticket. Just no, I really tried. Now. The following day, she shared that she barely got any sleep because she was getting attacked by Swifties. This is what she said, not sleep.
Speaker 2: Very well last night, partly because my newborn was up every three hours, but the other half was I got attacked.
Speaker 5: By Swifties online.
Speaker 1: I had no idea you're not allowed to go to a concert twice. I did not know that was in Swifty etiquette that you can't do.
Speaker 5: That's why I'm chiefly sorry.
Speaker 1: So I got invited by brands to go to Swifty concert twice.
Speaker 5: Right, I'm very grateful.
Speaker 1: I'm lucky, I'm fortunate, I'm blessed.
Speaker 4: I'm very lucky.
Speaker 3: I said that all those words you know, don't come at me if I miss.
Speaker 5: Out a word, didn't for contact your ticket or I wasn't on ticket sare I wasn't buying like two tickets for two different shows and trying to piss you off. I promised you I didn't do that, so please get out of my dam It's okay, I'm sorry. I'm actually sorry that you can't go that. I know that must really suck, and I'm sorry, but don't pummel me. I'm not I didn't do this.
Speaker 1: She then went on to say that she wasn't on ticket tech buying tickets to multiple shows to piss people off. She asked people to get out of her dms and said she didn't take anyone's ticket and while she's sorry people couldn't go, it wasn't her fault. I do understand the backlash as a Taylor Swift fan myself. If I had not gotten tickets to her shows, I would have been livid to see a whole bunch of influencers there who clearly don't give a fuck. Yeah. Well, the other influencer who has also been gifted a ticket from a brand is Ja Dae Tunci, and her story is a little bit different because I think she is legitimately a fan. She did spend six hours in the lounge trying to get tickets, and anyone who went through that ticket buying process will know just how bad that was. Now it appears that she's only attending one show and she has been gifted the ticket. So she shared an Instagram post with a picture of her and her pregnant sister in law, and she wrote, so my sisters in Laura and I were a couple of those unfortunate people who sat online for six plus hours across two different days and didn't secure the most sought after tickets of the year. I've been lucky enough. Honestly, luck doesn't cut it to have been gifted tickets with a core all Pacific, including the most incredible vip all suite. I've been invited to have the perfect weekend away on my birthday with my sister in law staying at the Porthouse Hotel in Sydney. We are taking our peggy selves to the biggest show of the year at a Corp Stadium. She immediately got us some beads so we could get started on our friendship bracelets. We still can't believe it. It's glaringly obvious that she's including a lot of disclaimers in this post because she does not want people coming for her. I think the first half of the post was perfect, mentioning that she'd been in the lounge for six hours. You know, it made all of us be like, oh, look, she must really want tickets, she must be a swiftie. However, when she started talking about the fact that she was being put up in this nice hotel and she's going into this VIP suite, that's where she lost me. Because she always gets kissed on the dick with opportunities like this. She's always getting sent the best of the best branded stuff, designer stuff. She's always been put up in home hotels to go to events like the Australian Open. So I don't think my heart bled for her, and I think that there was some solace in the fact that some influence has actually missed out on tickets. It almost felt like justice because even though the whole ticket tech process was unfair, it was unfair to everyone. Yeah, because it was like, even if you're rich and famous, you can't trick this lottery of the ticket system. And it seems like, well, actually they can, because these brands just went and bought a bunch of tickets and have given them to them. I do wonder if this is going to blow up in the face of the brands as well, because clearly here jar Day has had to outline that she's going on this lavish, all expenses paid trip with the brand. But I think that there's going to be a lot of backlash directed at this brand because I didn't even think that brands were allowed to snap up these tickets as well. I don't actually see the point of brand sending influences. It would have been much better pr if they actually did a ticket giveaway to swifties like the Biggest Swifty, because all they're doing now is pointing attention and hype to a concert that's already sold out. All I'm in my feet at the moment is Olivia White, who's a mummy blogger acting as some sort of correspondent about Taylor Swift, Like did you see that she was trying to put it out there that Travis Kelcey had caught a jet starf line. I mean that was wrong. He has caught Taylor Swift's personal jet, well private jet. Now she is someone else who's copped it in her DMS because she revealed that she'd been to two shows in Melbourne. She shared a statement saying it's not okay to attack people who went to multiple shows. She wrote, everyone paid their way. It was the luck of the draw. We all know how hard it was Slash has been, and I know I'm grateful, and yes, it's easy to say when I got to go. We don't get to decide who is a bigger swiftye or who's more deserving, and then abuse people because we deemed them unworthy. I was saying to you before we recorded that I feel like a lot of Melbourne influencers probably got off scott free because there would have been so many that were there who had gotten free tickets from brands. However, I think because we've had this full week to sit on TikTok and get jealous over everyone's videos and have this massive fomo over the Sydney concert, people are now out for blood. They're like, this is bullshit. I think some people thought maybe they'd win competitions or somehow luck out and get a ticket, and they haven't. I do think it is a dog act to go to several shows, because there's so many people who were genuine fans who missed out, and I just think it shouldn't have been allowed in the ticketing system. Yeah, I mean that's the thing. Do we blame the die hard fans because a lot of people have been interviewed on this topic and one Swiftie said that why is it unfair? She has paid for them and it's not the first time she's done this. She said that when it was a red tour, she went to multiple shows. I think there is a difference in this situation though, because we knew from the get go when the Australian dates were announce said this was was going to be an absolute dog fight. We saw it in the US. We saw that tickets were hard to come by, and people knew that there were Swifties that were missing out. And I mean, I would have loved to go to multiple shows and we could have kept trying for tickets, but there was a part of me that was like, I just want it so unfair if you're going to multiple shows. It would be pretty hard though, to turn down free tickets from a brand. If a brand reached out to us, now I'm sorry, I would probably go. Would I publicize it though, because that is the big difference. But they have to publicize it because it's a branding opportunity. True but this is an event like no other that we've seen before. People not only want to go because they're big fans of the music, they want to be seen, they want to create content there. This is why it is causing such a big drama online. It also appears that Anna Poula has been gifted tickets as well, so she shared on TikTok that she is currently driving from Brisbane to Sydney with her family for the concert. She hasn't flat out said that they were gifted, but she said the trip is very last minute and that she hasn't got an outfit organized. It's fairly obviously he's a gifted tickets. Otherwise Anna paul would have flights booked in in advance, like she wouldn't just be driving for a couple of days. Let's wrap things up there. This podcast was recorded on the traditional land of the gu people of the Adelaide Planes. We pay respect to elders past and present. Now if you did like the show, please leave us a five star review