Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: And then the line went down and I said, oh, usual.
Speaker 3: As a can, pretend he's a can.
Speaker 4: Once you done a Kodiak bear, then we can talk The Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one oh four point three Wednesday morning, Good morning, Welcome to the Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Jackie Boy, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 4: Down the line but always in arts, Patraya Jones in isolation and one woman Tier.
Speaker 5: One, Good morning boys.
Speaker 3: How are you ah?
Speaker 4: We're great. Patsy by the way, obviously you run the news. Queen of news, I would say in Australian radio, there's a new thing that's recently happened between me, you and Jackie Boy. We're every morning now at five point thirty in my inbox. It makes you smile every day. It's a new thing. Something's changed, right subject heading a little taste of what I'm running this morning, and then cut and paste, word for word is your entire news script as if I want to do karaoke on the way in like Newsoki, even with the I'm Patrina Jones.
Speaker 3: And commands as well in brackets, intro press f nine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that a little taste isn't word for word with the instructions and you clip what it is the.
Speaker 3: News, it's the teleprompter. Essentially in our process.
Speaker 4: We get the news script are half five. I think we need to set this up, cut the listeners in on this news action and make it into Patsy's daily newsletter. A little taste in fact, everything come running today word for word. I'm prot Gina Jones.
Speaker 2: I used to send you like a kindense version, didn't I like a little one?
Speaker 4: Yeah? It was like three second news headlines, bang bang bang, I know what's going on in the snapshot. Now what if what's happened and someone told you actually get let them know word for word and make sure you're putting that. Donna Commanders, Well, hey Donna, you are missed dinner, you hit that F nine or when I get back in, pick a window, Donna, pick a window, because what went down Monday can never happen again. F nine now practice F nine nine nine, spot F nine. It moves everything gone.
Speaker 2: I'm just very thorough, and it is easier for me to email you because that's directly out of my bullet and queue. But if you're missing my little Condennis version.
Speaker 5: I just sack.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's thorough. I think it's a shortcut because you've already written the news tromp.
Speaker 4: You know what I noticed when it's happened just after we passed three years together on the show. She's like, I tell that as well nine.
Speaker 6: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: So for perhaps the reason why she's not in the studio and she's down the line is she's so you about to start your second week now of enforced isolation.
Speaker 2: Yes, we're into our second week officially today, so we've got to go and get apparently humans health. The health department was ringing around all the families yesterday. We haven't got our callges yet, but that's basically saving.
Speaker 4: About fifteen thousand people in isolation. Yes, peratsally like you in this situation.
Speaker 2: Oh, they're run off their feet there at the department. So I think we've got to go and get tested next Tuesday, which will be day thirteen, and then hopefully we should get another negative and we'll be back out into the world again.
Speaker 3: That will be the biggest highlight of your week. You're actually allowed to leave the house, even though it's going to get a COVID te.
Speaker 4: Actually, yaxactly, Has that been the first time in almost two weeks that you've left your own home? Yes? Yes, yes, And how are you all bearing up them? So krista ware, we love God. Obviously he's working from home. You've got already doing homeschooling out. What is the atmosphere at the house right now.
Speaker 5: Well, it was good up to yesterday.
Speaker 2: I think the fractures started to show yesterday afternoon because you know, I'm just I can't wait just.
Speaker 5: To go for a walk around the block. And the poor dog runs.
Speaker 2: To his lead at the front door, and it's breaking my heart because it's like, oh, mate, no, you.
Speaker 4: Think like dogs they need their walking.
Speaker 5: Oh and he doesn't understand he's a dog.
Speaker 4: He didn't need that to be said.
Speaker 3: We've tried telling you.
Speaker 4: Many man's best friend. And when the guild trapped, Pickie, come on, Clifford, the big red dog, we were spread up, read the room, God selfie. He looks he doesn't understand cats, get it, Presley.
Speaker 5: So that's hard, Like I just you just really do feel like you.
Speaker 4: To lead today. Come on, guys, what do you do?
Speaker 3: Laps of the living room?
Speaker 2: Yeah, He just keeps running to the front door and back and looking at us. So, you know, with that look of anticipation of like, is it now?
Speaker 5: Is it now?
Speaker 4: Is it? Shepherd dog? You know, if much walks, she's a sorry. Yeah, they sort of look at those big guys. Come on, sure do you want to walk? I mean we go every day, all right, So yesterday we played christ Where I You Love Good? PA's his husband, his secret diary that he's recording.
Speaker 7: Work day one of a fourteen day lockdown with the current wife.
Speaker 6: The alarm went off at seven.
Speaker 7: I get up to make myself a coffee and there's a post note on it saying, don't make a coffee. The machine's too noisy. You'll have to have an instant coffee the right eh. So I went to the loo as you do in the morning, and there's a note on the loo saying, please don't flush it's too noisy. So I thought, fair enough, I'll go and have a shower. No, there's another note on the shower, please don't have a shower. The water hammer and the pipes are too loud. So now I'm wandering around the house not knowing what to do to get myself ready for the day.
Speaker 4: Good start. He's left another one from yesterday. Good morning, Christian, Good morning, everybody, Good morning all. Day two of.
Speaker 7: Isolation has presented some new problems to me. Patternia and I share an office.
Speaker 4: Every night.
Speaker 7: When I finished work, I pack up all my things and I go to work soundproofing the office. For I put the dinner up on the windows, and the towels down over the desk and the pillows around to try to soundproof it as best I can. So at quarter past nine this morning, Patroller comes up to me and says, I'm at the kitchen table and says the office is free. So I go down there and I'm presented with from what I can best describe as a nineteen eighties Eon FM after party. There was stuff everywhere. There was a coffee cup on its side, toast crumbs all over the place, and my stand had fallen over. I'm not sure watching done there. All the towels were still all over the place. It was an absolute mess.
Speaker 4: It's like the who do you remember? This is trash hotel? All their equipment. Pete Townshend smashed the guitar Keep me in, We kick over his drums. Perassially like that. While she's done that, last news destroys everything.
Speaker 6: But Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: How are you getting on with keeping fit, Jackie boy? Because you're someone who normally out in the open when we're not in a lockdown, you're in the gym three times a week religious you know, clockworld.
Speaker 3: Yes, And I need that accountability because without it we've done nothing. It all falls away and I've done nothing. Did you know what I did this morning?
Speaker 4: What I did?
Speaker 3: One squat in the shower.
Speaker 4: That's today's workout, very much, Arnold sort one. That's what I need to do is keeping shape. It's like a maintain over the machine that is picking up like one of your sort of shampoo took conditials. Count that as a workout. One one bred yesterday. The weather yesterday afternoon suited the mood, didn't it really? Because it was like your news that we knew it was coming up. We weren't going to be coming out of it, so we knew it was gonna be extended. But even just get any ficial word, it's seven days. It felt a bit like at a bit like an extension of a sentence, which is what it is. And we all know why we're doing it. But anyway, there was sill in our house. It was met with the teenagers with an understanda like oh god. And I thought, you know what, I need to get out the house. And I looked at the weather and it was horrific. It actually looked like seen in three years. It's moving here in like wintery England. It was. I followed me. The weather's finally found me here, not just rain, that chilly kind of driving, sleety rain and then helstones and I thought, I have to get out of this house. There's so much FuG in this house. I'm better out there than in hiking it in the world. And so I went for a run yesterday and I went round. There's a beautiful park. There were so many great parks in Melbourn, but I'm lucky about five buses a while. I live this one Dandy Park which is a great big park, open part. And I went for a run around there and it was because it was obviously heavy rain. It happened for quite a while. The grass was all soggy like water locked. And I still kept running for half an hour. And as I'm doing my feet are getting soaked in my hands. Are you know when they go where they're so cold, and I was like, I know when I last fell like this when I was at school doing a cross country the same thing. Why if I elected to do this? This is what this fifth lockdown is to me? Where running in the driving rain, so cold with sogging feet, I'm still carrying on. I'm not going in.
Speaker 3: He reminds me of high school and then you had wet socks with shoes, but yes had to continue on.
Speaker 4: People. I felt like this voice over my head going, get over that. You're almost at the back with the slow kids, because don't know how crawel they were. We were raised by Shane, weren't we Never more so than on that cross country run. You know there were the real elite athletes who you didn't even see. You know, they were just like offered.
Speaker 3: You knew the kids at your school who were passed and that was a given, and you just didn't. You just didn't want to be.
Speaker 4: This would be at the back. And that is society in a nutshell, is it. It's the people at the back. And those pee teachers were just psychost they weren't they they would like walk alongside them because they did. They could only walk at that level, they just be screaming out them. And what time of the year did you do the cross country running?
Speaker 3: Wouldn't have to be ick in middle of July. It always felt like that.
Speaker 4: Was a winter thing in the UK with it, and you know our winters are like so the ground would be frozen, right, he'd be running on frozen ground. And do you remember cross country running or any kind of school sport is always the ultimate play was to find some way to get out of right. I remember once I did the old The lamest one is, oh, I forgot my kit because they don't care in the shoes. So he went, that's fine, lost property. Here here wear these what size you you found a pair of rugby boots with studs? I had to do the cross country in rugby boots with studs on frozen ground and my feet. I think I got shin spence from that. As what was this? What was the school sport you dready mine? Was the cross country? Rhyme?
Speaker 3: No, definitely anything outdoor like that, and even footy in the wet and the ovals they would put you on didn't have any kind of drained. You start to really respect, like how well they upheat good grounds is the middle would just be a lake.
Speaker 4: It was a lake and you just have to run through. I guess playing footy that's you just be smashed into the watery mud. And then about the First World War.
Speaker 3: And then the squares, I guess because people just hung out in the goal squares walking back and forth doing circles. Was just mud. Honestly just mud. Grass couldn't grow throughout the week because it was just.
Speaker 6: Much Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: We're going to be graced by an Australian icon, a legend today of sport. When you think of Olympics, you think you think about sport in Australia, just about every single sport. Bruce MCAVENI joining us live at seven forty five. We're getting very excited this weekend. It is the Olympics. I need before we get into the ages of the eighties. I need you and both Jack and Patter and need to do something right now. Get in front of Google. I need you to see type into Google Jeff Bezos space rocket. You need to see what he flew into space in I can only describe it and these are what these are the best words to describe it. As a penis shaped rocket ship. That that is that when you see this, it reminds me of gold Member. Wasn't there a scene in that? Oh my god, Jack, back me up here. I'm not being crude. That is the only it's a phallic we get it. Jeff? Are you not very well hung?
Speaker 3: I think maybe because Richard Branson beat him into space again four weeks ago.
Speaker 4: It's like, well, I'm flying in a giant wang Branson.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure this is the one.
Speaker 4: Wasn't it a giant tinkle? We've seen this scene before in gold Member. I know that people always go and the symptoms foreshadow this, and there's a bit of them predicting just about everything. Who knew that gold Member was actually foreshadowing Jeff Bezos going into space.
Speaker 3: It sucks for him as well, going into space one week late, doesn't it. It's like, well, Richard Branson already went last week.
Speaker 4: There's not even such a big media hassle about it, where the Branson thing was, like the news story. I don't think Patsy's even mentioned it. It's not even on a taste of what I'm running today. And then that is, what does that say about a man? That did he not see the designs or did he say he must look like this?
Speaker 3: Unless he's gone to make a meme. He's like the best I can do now coming.
Speaker 4: I don't think he's got that kind of irony about him. Old Bezos's letter, This letter Christian O'Connell's all right, eightes O the eighties. Once a week we're breaking down the eighties. We're going through the alphabet, the letter I this week what is the eighties? And the letter I for you Jackie boy. Yesterday you tease us you know about some facts with the eighties, but what are you going with this morning?
Speaker 3: The great TV show Inspector Gadget brilliant and what a theme.
Speaker 4: Good show as well. We'll just sit here and it says a whole thing. Thirty eight seconds ago there a chat.
Speaker 3: I had the toy of Gadget, which my mum gave me for Christmas one year.
Speaker 4: Broke it.
Speaker 3: I broke him the day I got him. I was eager to get him out of the box. He had little ties holding him down to the box. I ripped him out and broke his hand. His gadget appendages couldn't work anymore.
Speaker 4: Gadget appendages Jeff, that's not the part you rip ripped. Sorry, Gadget ripped here extendable?
Speaker 3: And where did you go with the stuff that came out of his hat.
Speaker 4: Or all over the shop today? And where did he fit him with the I'm always fascinated by that shelf of orcs and dungeons and dragons on the show. Barely we can go by his shots on an email me the day said is now once a week, I want to go back to that shell of the orction in your.
Speaker 3: Teenage bedroom, wizards and dragons?
Speaker 4: So did Gadget fit in with him? And like the.
Speaker 3: Gadget came before the wizards and dragons were.
Speaker 4: Starting to get the backstory. Now I want to make the movies and I want to get the universe right. Gadget was first.
Speaker 3: Gadget was first, and then I accidentally started to collect wizards and dragons.
Speaker 4: We get so many of those phone ins every day, Hey christ and I accidentally become a wizard collector.
Speaker 3: And then people like aunties and uncles thought, oh Jack, he loves those wizards, let's keep buying him for him. Before I know, I had a collection of over a half tune in.
Speaker 4: Next week for episode nineteen of my Quizzing Jack about the Wizard Collector.
Speaker 3: I never liked wizards.
Speaker 4: As the next boy, there's nothing worse than a wizard denial. It's okay to say I loved wizards. Okay, you had them all around your bedroom shelf looking at you a night's time, but they were protecting you with their wizard magic. It's okay. Anyway, Gadget broke him, broke him and came away.
Speaker 3: No, no, I kept him, but he was just a after that. He couldn't do.
Speaker 4: Any of that choice story. I forget that they're been weeping at night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I want to now go back and watch the episodes. I can't actually remember too much about what happens in the episodes. Didn't have time like I did last week. I watched so many he Men before we did letter Age.
Speaker 4: Two episodes back to back of he Man on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Nothing for Gadget, Nothing for Gadget. I was watching Doctor Death last night.
Speaker 4: Okay, it was always that. It's always that pandas Choice Death expect it alrighty, another great TV show the eighties for me and the letter I Patsy. Do you remember the Incredible Hulk before it was a movie. It was a TV show and I found it such a genuinely really sad TV show. It was like a kind of as Jacqueline Hyde. So he was he was a doctor, Dr Bruce Banner, and he'd been infected with it. I think in the eighties got affected right in any superhero story with gamma radiation. It's all been cleaned up. Now there's no more gamma radiation leaves. We don't need to worry about it in the news anymore. Back in the eighties, every other books was getting infected with gamma radiation, and Dr Bruce Banner was accidentally infected with gamma radiation. Fault ah, so his fault, no, But it meant that when he got really angry and he would urge people say, hey, listen, don't what if you do, don't get me angry. And then each week someone in the local village made him really angry and he would just turn into a green monster. And then he was stopped being that actor and he would be a one of the world's strongest men. Lou Farigno.
Speaker 3: So was it like parking specters and that sort of stuff, Like he'd come back to his car and he'd have a ticket.
Speaker 4: It was a bit more complicated that normally. Diamond smugglers again another storyline of the eighties. It was either drug smugglers or diamond smugglers. I remember one episode that really upset me as a kid, diamond smugglers, and they were they were using animals at the zoo and smuggling the diamonds into the country by putting the diamonds in the animals not on, and then waiting for them to poove them out. And Dr Bruce Banner got thrown in a cage with an aggressive gorilla and he had to become the incredible whole. Every episode ended with him being shunned by the people he'd helped because they wanted his help but they didn't want the monster. And then this would happen. He'd be walking down the street with sort of bug eyed villagers or sort of throwing stuff out, and the people he just say from whatever. Every episode, every episode it's all like this in his torn clothes as he's gone back down to being doctor Bruce Banner, and I remember getting so upset.
Speaker 3: This is sad.
Speaker 4: It's the sadest song. This thing tune is actually called The Lonely Man Who Thinks This is a good thing for young kids to watch. And I always to say to my dad, will will he ever be able to settle down? One day my dad had to console her to get really upset. One day. We'll find love, son. You know, I actually gonna ring my dad after show. You lied to me? Where is he? I need to know that he's okay? All right? Ages out of the eighties. We're getting into it more. Next.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: This week two day's letter is letter I so this morning, we won't you give us a call a nine all on four one O four three and say in the eighties, I and then a really good story, just a story that's interesting, funny about what you did in the eighties. Perhapsy, what's it for you in the eighties? You do want?
Speaker 2: In the eighties, I was you guys may not realize this. I was a roller skating champ. Really about the highlight?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, yeah, no.
Speaker 2: We had wanger at a skate scene. It was the old Arana Theater which had burnt down in like the seventies, and so this mob took it over and made it into a skate scene and it was like the place so grew up in this country town and it was we had the drive in and we had the skate scene, and every kid used to go. We were there all day Saturday, all day Sunday, sometimes Friday after school if mum had let us, and they'd have local competitions and we'd do stuff like, you know, races and not quite figure skating that I wasn't quite that good, but it was just heaps.
Speaker 5: And heaps of fun. It was like the local hangout.
Speaker 3: So what was your best discipline?
Speaker 5: Just probably racing around what she.
Speaker 4: Was doing the Olympics. I was in the two man loose skates's discipline. Where have you come from? AI hosts? Yes, I understand there's discipline.
Speaker 2: So one slalom, just racing jack, but you know, it was the old roller skates with the with the wheels and not the blades, not these new thing dangled ones. And you'd have the DJ up on a stage at the front and he'd play all the music, and I distinctly remember number one for weeks and weeks and weeks was Boys Light Up and I can remember skating to that. We had the big massive disco ball in the middle of.
Speaker 4: The It was all about every Saturday. Patsy started at five o'clock and I went through to about ten o'clock in the evening. Was the local Roader skating rink. It was all about that on the Saturday night, and I remember it was ours was called it was every Saturday, right and everyone, all the teenagers were there, and it was called the Funker Dunk. I still to day, I don't know why it was called. You know, ironly hadn't been invented then that you're going down? Would you raither call it you're going down the dunk? Custom you need to ask. I'll see you at the dunk. I'll be the probably there before you. It was all about that. I just remember, you know, if I look back now, I remember I used to just put so much of my dad's after shave on. This is how I'm going to find you girls.
Speaker 3: When I'm going around fast, some will come off.
Speaker 4: War where's he gone? I'm already gone. You know. My best disciplined chap was the fifteen hundred meters. It's not the Stillwell Gift, but on skates a brighter.
Speaker 6: You're listening to the question, you know, Carl's show podcast.
Speaker 4: So the eye the le's what I and the eighties this morning, we just wanted to give us a call on nine four one for one oh four three and just tell us an interesting story or a or a funny one about you and the eighties. She called us up on nine four one for one o four three and say, in the eighties, I we've just found out from Patsy we knew that she was a when you were state sort of state winning highland dancer.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, I was, yeah, yes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's great.
Speaker 2: That is if Jans, Yes I was, I believe it or not, I was. I danced overseas and everything. I did it up to about the age of sixteen and then I'm amazing, got my teacher's certificate for it.
Speaker 4: And also, you, like me, were a big fan of roller skatings for you, skat sing for me. The Funker dunk really nervous about saying that on I'm not going to say it any more times. Actually got away with it twice and stuff that. All right, So let's go to lines now we've got Robin on the line. Good morning, Robin.
Speaker 8: Christian, Good morning everyone morning, Robin.
Speaker 4: How are you well? What's the eighties and you and the letter I? What did you do in the eighties.
Speaker 8: Well, in the eighties I dated up and coming play dancing champion. It was a little high school sweetheart thing for early high school years, and him and his mate were fabulous breakdancers. They went to all the smaller competitions at the time and then built it up a bit as they got a bit older. They those They were even asked, even when I was around at the time, to go to America to compete. I don't think their families were really in the position too, but this.
Speaker 4: Every break his story. You know my family. I can't ever think about the slide doors moment. You know, I could have been one of the great.
Speaker 3: America.
Speaker 4: No, no, you can't risk it all on the old linonium, my son. You've got to find a trade, find a trade to make an honest living. Patsy didn't Chris used to be a fellow break dancers, didn't.
Speaker 2: You know what I remember because we grew up in the same town in Wangaratta. I remember going, Yes, I was addicted to came out there, going to came up with mum and seeing this group of always about my age break dancing out the front of cold came out.
Speaker 4: It's so cool. I used to break like that, just on a bit of cardboard on the floor with your mates and like an old Gineto blast every Saturday afternoon. I actually thought we were doing people a favor, like look at this dancing.
Speaker 3: Money.
Speaker 4: How bad we were, How bad we were? It was christ any good, It's terrible.
Speaker 5: I used to think they were idiots, and then I went on to marry one later.
Speaker 4: Robin's gone there, she's gone now well good Jackson's cut off. She's giving the us their life story match to start any podcast. This is only episode nine, Robin, where did your boyfriend break dancers? And also on the back of Camarn't that obviously the place to be.
Speaker 8: Oh look, it's a bit like you. You know that the cardboard was under the arm and wherever the ghetto blasts sat was where that started. They were at the shopping centers. They did all sorts of little gigs around the place, always usually an invite because they were so good.
Speaker 4: He invites to go anywhere. Maybe just the stors didn't invite me to go somewhere else my crappy dance. All right, thank you very much, Robin.
Speaker 8: No I worry. Have a great takeaway, and.
Speaker 6: You take care The Christian O'Connell Show.
Speaker 4: Podcast Eighties of the eighties The letter I in the eighties, I Kirstin Jeffrey. In the eighties, I wore jeans so tight I couldn't go to the toilet school because I needed to lie on the bed and use a coat hanger to pull the zip up and down. By ten am, there was a feeling left in my toes. Oh Faberge, I do not miss those jeans. I remember the old fabe jeans. Katrina. In the eighties, I stayed up the entire weekend July nineteen eighty five. Yeah, it was a Live Aid anniversary. I think last week to watch Live Aid at a friend's house and promptly walked into school on the Monday and walked into a door. I was so tied. Mel is an audio producer on the show. She's got a husband called Mitch, and he's just left this for us about what he got up to in the eighties and the eighties.
Speaker 3: I in eighties, I was in primary school, and it so happens that my surname is Davies, so I would tell everybody that I have Davies from ice house.
Speaker 4: Was my uncle. That is an amazing lie to try and make people believe. I think at school, if we're honest right, whether it was primary school or big school, you would often just lie about stuff, wouldn't you, because you just wanted to impress people. I think if we all look aback, it was just mainly a patchwork of Thank god Wikipedia wasn't around then to actually check any thanks for anything. I think everyone would admit to some kind of lie that they told when they were younger.
Speaker 3: It's sad that I wasn't in trying to impress my peers, but I would lie to my mom when I was in primary school. I saw school movies and really one of those lockers that they had metal locker. The high school was locker, yeah, and we didn't in primary school. We just got tubs. But I I lied to my mum and said, yeah, we got our lockers, so I'll need a pad lock. Need a padlock for my locker because we've all got lockers.
Speaker 4: What do you do with the padlock?
Speaker 3: She didn't buy because she was able to ask other people do they have luck? As it looks like they have tubb.
Speaker 4: She must have gone a dead. Don't worry, he's going to get into his wizard phase took Christian Connall Show podcast, Christian letter I Insignia. I remember that after Shade from the eighties was the Links Africa for teenage boys. Before there was Links Africa. Were you a Lynx Africa land in the nineties.
Speaker 3: Without fail, every Christmas I would get the Lynx pack which was the aerosol deodorant, the shower gel and the loofer.
Speaker 4: It's amazing a friend of mine. Right, he now works for Headspace. You know the big global meditation thing. Right. He used to be a big shot in advertising in the UK and the almost successful advertising campaigns was Lynx Africa and it was his campaign. It literally just shifted. He came up with the awful catchphrase, right, and he had like he felt so bad about what he done. He walked out of advertising and became a Buddhist, which is why to this day he does Headspace. He came up with the phrase. It was all over the UK and it was one of those catchphrases when when they had tag lines and advertising people that come up with them, and when they're really successful, they become they become really rich and powerful. His was there was a simply that gym of that lot's like a grenade. Wasn't that sort of the actual can itself? Links wild Africa? His was the catchphrase was where some get some pretty.
Speaker 3: Good Oh I wouldn't, I wouldn't retire my job.
Speaker 4: Well, he had morals, he had morals. Okay, do you remember those after shade? Did you have did you have insignia here, Patsy? Was that just as one?
Speaker 2: I distinctly remember the bottle, the cheap looking bottle. But we had other things like old Spice and blue Stratus.
Speaker 4: I remember, I don't remember Trench Trent.
Speaker 5: Yes, and there it was beautiful, and there was a female.
Speaker 4: Version, just some dude named Trent or Trent Trent. It doesn't feel like blue Stratos. I can understand that old spice, you know we had one as well. Did you get high Karate?
Speaker 5: Oh no, I don't remember that.
Speaker 4: We had this cheap American thing called high karate. On the front, someone in the karate gi kicking another man in the head. But where that I'm riting an action hero, foul smelling lady repellent. Basically they should have had a disclaimer on the back. Trent, what was Trent?
Speaker 2: Trent was beautiful? It had like her My older brother wore it, and I seem to remember it was in like a.
Speaker 4: Golden lady kid. They always beat up the younger kids. There's something about Trent. We need to talk about Trent. All right. One second winner, guy, So this is also of the letter eighties. We all to do letter I in the eighties. So this could be the artist or the song title? Do with the letter I. The scores at the moment and ongoing. One second winner. When I just played Jack and Batsy some songs, is one second of them? They've got to raise each other, try and guess them. Patsy's on twelve point one million, Jackie boy, you're on five point one five to four.
Speaker 3: Million, not too far behind.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, are you ready to play? Ready to do with the letter I? Artist or title? First up? You need to get sharper on this.
Speaker 3: I'm ready. I'm ready.
Speaker 4: Oh. Oh, music, the size of crime against music it is.
Speaker 3: It's raining, it's.
Speaker 4: Raining, It's raining cats and dogs. What a better song it would have been cats and dogs. I'm afraid your version, Oh it's raining cats and dogs out there today. I'm given that to you, Jackie boy, three million for Jack. You don't have certain songs where you just have a ridiculous hatre of them for no reason. Is that for me? That's wrong. It's like fingers down at your board. For me, Oh, it's like pepsin. It's taking away my considerable powers.
Speaker 3: I'm more used to the Ginger Spices version.
Speaker 4: But that's a powerful seminal song. All right, we're ready for another one. The letter I artistal title.
Speaker 3: One more time.
Speaker 4: Please, I don't know what melody that is? No song ever?
Speaker 5: Oh do you want to blank this way?
Speaker 4: It's time for me to hum it a bit.
Speaker 5: If I could turn back, time.
Speaker 4: Might breakout, break this out this wee to stand by your shirt?
Speaker 5: Not a film clip?
Speaker 4: Yeah? How are the ship? Yeah?
Speaker 5: On the navy ship?
Speaker 4: And she was she was on hand or something straddling it. I didn't want to say that. I didn't want to say that. People don't need to tune in right now and lockdown jacket here about shirts straggling a big old rocket letter.
Speaker 3: I excess.
Speaker 4: You both got that standing, are you right? Pets? No?
Speaker 2: Just Michael Hutchins. I missed him so much. He was so awesome.
Speaker 4: He was an amazing front man, amazing front man. All right, Okay, the letter I.
Speaker 2: Oh, don't feel clear to the air tonight.
Speaker 3: I did the artist did, I did the I Basically.
Speaker 4: She's got over on Michael Hutchins quickly like me. That was a quick bounce back, just when you're going close. She like a cat. You go in and think and they're purring and they're all good. Then suddy, She lashes out.
Speaker 3: A moment's silence for the great Michael Hutchins.
Speaker 4: Yeah, come on, children, play nicely or don't play it on? Taking them all away? All right? One last one altero with the letter I'm actually going to put it all on this. I'm going to wipe the scores. When I will get twenty five million points. It's time to bring that order to this game. All the schools are reset. Winner gets twenty five million on this. The Golden Clip has made that bit up. By the way, produces about it down. I'm going to say it again next week. Letter I.
Speaker 3: It's the end of the world as we know it.
Speaker 4: Ari will Williamnaire.
Speaker 6: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Status update for right now. We are on hold for Bruce McAvaney. You know, we've had all the big stars on this show, Ricky Gervais, Chris Hemsworth, James Corden. However, when you try and get hold of Bruce mcaveniy, he can put a breakfast show on hold, right. Don't know how how big the breakfast show is. He puts you on hold, right, You don't just call him up and get someone like this a proper icon and voice of Australian sport. Are we off hold?
Speaker 3: We've got him, he's here?
Speaker 4: Is this a legend of sport for Australia? Bruce mcaveeney, Well, I don't feel like I met, but it is.
Speaker 9: Bruce. How are you boys?
Speaker 4: Bruce? Thank you very much for coming on the s Show. Bruce. Can I just say one honor is to actually get to kind of speak to you as someone who's only moved it three years ago. You're such an iconic voice of sport in Australia and over the years, so many amazing AFL highlights. Obviously winks as well. And then is it right, is it really your eleventh game this weekend when you're commentating and talking about everything in Tokyo?
Speaker 9: And yeah, I guess that's right. Nineteen eighty was the first one that I was involved with, and I've been to everyone since since then except for this one, I guess because we're doing it from here. But I'm still going to count this one, I think. But you know that I've been lucky. I've been around for a long time, and I've seen the Olympic movement change so so much over the years, and so many things happen at the Game so and all those other things you mentioned with horse racing and AFL etc. So I've been very proofly stunning.
Speaker 4: And what makes the Olympics so special? Bruce? And I know it's a very different kind of Olympics this year because and we all know whine coved and stuff like that. But is it still going to be the Olympics that so many of us grew up, where so many highlights about cath Freeman. There have been so many in Britain for us, you know, London twenty twelve. You know, are we still going to see some iconic moments? Do you think it's still going to have that Olympic magic? Bruce?
Speaker 9: I do, And because the athletes will provide it, and they always do. It's the athletes, you remember, and they will There'll be some phenomenal performances. They'll do it without the crowds, and they'll do it in a very different situation with COVID and the bubble and all of that, and they won't be around after the events for long to celebrate with the other teammate, So in many ways it'll be a different experience. But I think when we do look back in you know, three or four years time and maybe around thinking about Paris, we'll look back at these games and look at those phenomenal performances, So nothing much changes. There are a lot of athletes here that are looking for, you know, big milestone performances. There will be Australians that will breakthrough that we hadn't really known before. There'll be others that we've been around for ages, and that's without mentioning all the wonderful athletes from overseas. So yep, those moments I think will remain and retain the magic you've talked about for all of us. We've all got our special stories, haven't we.
Speaker 4: And what are some of the highlights for you? For someone who's covered so many amazing moments and taking it into Australian homes, well, you know, other than cav Fineman, what's what's a highlight for you Bruce that you were all like, I can't believe that I'm commentating on this and actually seeing it live as well.
Speaker 9: Well, I'll go back to the first one that I was sitting in the coliseum in Los Angeles and Carl Lewis did what Jesse Allens had done in ninety thirty six. And when he took that bat from the left hand to the right hand at the end of the four by one hundred and you ran up that straight and broke the world record, it was quite amazing. But you know a few days earlier than that, the lap to go in the fifteen hundred, Scott was leading from co and Ovett and Cram and you pinch yourself, I mean co Overt and Cram and what they've done in nineteen eighty. So from there all the way through, you know elgar Uge fighting off, Laggert, Degba, Silessi fighting off to get bolts, extraordinary to out them and one hundred meters and what he did in Rio, I was called swim for a long time. Phelps is eight gold medals in Beijing, So there's there's a lot of them. There's so many of them. It's always near and dear when the NAUSI wins. That's extremely exciting for us and special. But yeah, there's there's a whole host of them. There's a range, and these are the things I think about at this moment. You know, we're on the brink of starting another one.
Speaker 4: And can we get excited about how Australia you're going to do at the Tokyo Games? You know, are we going to see that there's been reports of like a gold rush coming. How confident can Australia get about the gold medal rush?
Speaker 9: We're always optimistic at this time. And the last couple of Olympics we've had eight gold medals in London seven update because of Jared Tallent retrospectively in eight in Riosa, and before that fourteen in Beijing and seventeen and happens and sixteen in the Sydney.
Speaker 4: So you can see the chiefs been going, how do you know all of this? How can you know? But it's just like breathing to you. All flows. Even when you were talking about the Olympic highlights, it felt like an edited package. You just so it all flowed one event co over went into you know, into your saying Bolt. It just flows from you this knowledge.
Speaker 9: Well, I don't know much yourse, so you've got to try and focus on certain things. But I think we're look at a guest, but I think we'll get between twelve and sixteen gold medals. I think we're gonna have a good games. It gets down to one thing. It gets down to one thing I reckon, and that's our swimming team, and in particular our women. Our women are stronger than our men. And there are three women on our team that could win multiple gold medals, Emon McKee and Orientiedness and Kylie McEwen, and they can all win multiple gold medals. And I think the most certain thing from an Australian point of view is the women's four by one hundred meter freestyle. They've won the last two gold medals in London and then in Rio they're an even stronger team. Kate Campbell's being part of that team all the way through that I think is our absolute goold edge gold medal. The women's fort by one hundred minutes three s down great.
Speaker 4: And in some of the others. This is so exciting to hear this because I think if you looked at the national sort of love that Ash Party got last week. I think in a country that's got half the population in lockdown right now, I think the Olympics, I think it's cool. I think you're right. I think it will still be a magical time because it will bring Australia together and we're all divided at the moment, literally with half the population in lockdown right now, I'll bring everyone together to get some really good, feel good national pride.
Speaker 9: It will, and that that pride will be glowing tonight because Brisbane, it seems a formality, is going to be announced at five o'clock today as the host of the twenty thirty two Olympics. So it's going to be quite a remarkable day for Australia and will have our third Olympic Games, you know, in eleven years time, so I think that is a certainty. Yeah, there will be a lot of national part And you mentioned ash Party. I mean we talk about those thirteen to sixteen gold medals. Party must be one of the favorite, if not be our favorite. And she's a great doubles player. So there's a new sports like surfings the new sport. We've got strong competitors there. So there's a lot of sports that I think we're going to jump up in now. A couple of sports we're particularly strong in ours sailing and rowing. We continually get gold medals in those events, and I think that that day will again be very fruitful for Australia. So when we got those seventeen gold medals and Athens, cycling and swimming provided thirteen of the seventeen gold medal So you only need one sport to really go crazy and touch above its weight, and I expect swimming to do that again, and I expect it to be backed up by sports like sailing and rowing and canoeing athletics. I think we can pinch a medal, some medals and some of the team sports like the boom as we're strong in in the cooker burs particularly, I think the men's hockey teams, and there's a whole range of other sports, including those new ones. And we've got to be MX writer, who's who is a favorite to win his gold medal? So a lot of I think areas that we can look at with a lot of confidence and optimism.
Speaker 4: You know, every Olympics there are new sort of sports, aren't they. You talked about BMX and that's only coming call it recently really, and I know there are a couple of new ones for this Olympics. There's some climbing thing which it looks incredible. Do you have to read up and become like an overnight expert on that?
Speaker 9: Not really. What I've got to do is, I guess have a very broad knowledge and you know, with sport climbing, I know veries at all about I just know there are three different elements and they combine all those elements together, and you know one of them is without the harness and the other couple have got a Hannah. I'm not an expert at all, but I'm.
Speaker 4: Going to start telling people that go and think about that climbing. It's all about the mass. It comes down to the hardness. I'm going to be and it needs to pop up. Bruce expert, You'll probably know more than me in three minutes.
Speaker 9: But I look at yeah, so, yeah, the karate's there for the first time, and I'm not an expert on that at all, but you know, sort of you sort of have a bit of an idea where the strength can you say?
Speaker 4: So your like producers. I'm not a big fan of karate. I'm not commentating on that, you know, I do them and the hardest stuff, but now I'm not doing that. I'm not in karate or do you just get given the sports and that's it. You just have to get on with it.
Speaker 9: I know you're given the sports. But the sport I really do each time is athletics, and I've done swimming as well, and then you just have to have a broad sweep of the other sports. So the sport for these games, you know, the one that I've been concentrating on for I guess seventy percent of my research has been athletics, and then the other thirty percent has been all around the history of the games, the other sports, and I guess the Australian team takes up more than more than more than anything else as well. So the two things I probably concentrate mostly are the broad Australian team and athletical as the Americans call the track and film.
Speaker 4: What is your favorite What do you think one event of all the Olympic events? What is the pinnacle? What do you think one of vent Bruce that you love commentating on that you think really showcases what the Olympics is all about, you know, showing us the very best of what humans can do. What's that one event for you?
Speaker 9: It's a good question, I mean, because I think it's changed over the years. I mean in for me, probably the early broadcast, and they keep growing up. The three that jumped at me with the one hundred meters and the marathon, and probably the fifteen hundred. But for me, it's probably the one hundred meters and the marathon. The nine hundred is the Blue Ribbon event, and I think this year is the women I think it's this year is the women's one hundred. That's more interesting than the men's, but it's a marathon as well. It sort of symbolizes a lot of what the Olympics is about about. You know, it's not just the winning, it's just it's actually the competing. And that famous line from that Tans and the End in nineteen sixty eight when he came into the stadium an hour or two after the winner and they said why did you go through it or and he said, well, my country didn't send me five thousand miles to start. They sent me five thousand miles to finish. So, you know, all of that sort of stuff. It's part of the folklore of the Games. And some of those you know truisms and some are urban miss but I think it's a marathon in the one hundred minutes from me.
Speaker 4: Do you ever make any mistakes? Because I'm in awe of just how the words and that they just flow from you. Bruce. Do you ever get I've made a couple with you.
Speaker 9: I've made a couple with you in the last five minutes this show.
Speaker 4: You know, we would have no idea you could be making up some of these names.
Speaker 3: There is no harnesses, Bruce.
Speaker 9: You've practice, look like I make, probably more than most. But yeah, it's it's part of the job, isn't because everything you do is live and you can't take it back. But that's why I think. I mean, like everybody, I'm feeling quite I'd be anxious, not the word, but I've got a nervousness about me. I mean I get as nervous now as I did when I started off. So nothing's changed.
Speaker 4: Oh that's lovely to hear. It's been a genuine joy to speak to this morning, Bruce, and right now Melbourne and our fifth lockdown. I think that I was speaking for a lot of people. I think they would have felt better hearing you, just hearing your voice and knowing that you're well, that you're excited about the games again, and just hearing that we can be optimistic. It's not the games that we've known, but it's still going to be the Olympics. It's still going to have athletes winning and losing and trying and succeeding, and you know we're going to see some amazing sporting success. And just hearing about a gold rush coming for Australia. I think there are a lot of people right now that really need that. It's hope and optimism. So Bruce, thanks for bringing us that.
Speaker 9: It's been a pleasure, all of his voice.
Speaker 4: All right, enjoy the Olympics, Bruce, I'm going to do that. Watch out for that harness. It's all about the harness.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'connells Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Wasn't that an honor? Seriously to be grace by Sir Bruce mccavany.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And he's so humble and he's try and he's trying to tell us like he gets things wrong, he didn't get things wrong, like he's he is.
Speaker 4: It is a human Wikipedia about Australian sport.
Speaker 3: And the amount of research he puts into his work, is why is the best in I think he's best in the world, but he's definitely better than country.
Speaker 4: Even when he when I just asked him on the spot, you know, just about some of his Olympic high lights, it sounded like an edited package. And even when he started talking about Cohen event, which is iconic, you know, British Olympic moment, but he knew all about that. It all just flows from him. O though it's great and I actually I know obviously I'll be chewing on Team GB but obviously this is a country that my wife and I live in is home for us now and I got really excited when he said it's going to be a great Middle Hall. I mean, this is this is Bruce mcavay's words about how many golds are coming.
Speaker 9: But I think we'll get between twelve and sixteen gold medals. I think we're gonna have a good game.
Speaker 4: Now. This is really exciting, like really really excited. We all need good news at the moment. But for us on this show and you listening to it, hearing that high number has a very very different meaning. Why you may not have heard Monday Show the Olympics we are very excited about the games in Chokyo. Kick off Friday night is the opening ceremony.
Speaker 3: I'm pm on Friday is the opening ceremony.
Speaker 4: Every time Australia wins a gold medal, one of you will win a washing machine, not just any kind of washing machine, a golden washing machine. We actually have one of them in the studio right now. So every time there's an Australian gold medal, I mean Bruce said between twelve to sixteen.
Speaker 3: That means a golden washing machine would be that many golden washing machines could be going into your home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it could be means that we're giving away sixteen golden washing machines. This is all thanks to Robert Ianes. I mentioned our this idea a couple of months ago about could we do something where every time Australia win gold in Tokyo we give away a prize something from him and he went and found that he could get a load of bosh washing machines each one. And I don't mean like it's a cheap bit of flaky gold. That is if you look on the website, you're seeing our socials on Facebook and on Instagram. That is a proper gold washing machine.
Speaker 3: Go and check it out if you haven't seen it on the Facebook page and the Instagram page. I've had more people, friends and family coming out of the woodwork going like I like the look at those golden washing machine.
Speaker 4: Means yeah, it will go with nothing. Whatever you've got an utility room with this will not blend in you know when you're doing like you know you're home and everything to sort of flow and have nice aesthetics. Yeah, if Kevin McLeod came around Grand Designs, he go, what the hell is that? That goes? Why did you? Why was it? Why do they sell them like that? Now? Is that an option? However? What a talking point you're going to have. It's a feature in your heart, A.
Speaker 3: Fully gold washing machine. I would have that in my house. I would love to have that in my house.
Speaker 4: So starts Friday, hopefully Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday we start to give them.
Speaker 3: We're already giving them away. It's the pool first. Australians are great swimmers. We could be giving these away as early as Monday.
Speaker 4: Now the producers yesterday you have to head off to go and do the podcast with Hamish Nandy. They're asking me like do you know you ain't going to give away the washing machines. I think it's bad luck until we win a goal to start to work that out.
Speaker 3: Okay, great, I love that LITD listeners.
Speaker 4: Yes, are we all going to stick to this? No thinking then, no time thinking about how we're going to give them away. It's a blessing to have this situation come Monday. You know what's gonna happen now, Suddenly on Monday we go. We won five gold medals, You've got five washing machines to give work stick on stairway to heaven. Everyone is Judy. Let's have a brainstorming session. Okay, tuney Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Why you hear us not only giving away the washing machines the bulk of show how many? Bruce was right? We won too many gold medals, But it all starts this weekend, So cheer on Australia. We do need something to get excited about. We do need joy right now and optimism. And I know it's not the right one, it's still going to be amazing and hearing about some of those names there and that the women's one hundred meter is the one to get excited about and gold medals are going to start coming over the next couple days when it all kicks off is great news. So the Gold of thun starts this weekend on this show a brighter.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the question you know Carl Show Podcast Business Like Show.
Speaker 4: My father in law was Jeffrey Russian candy Man.
Speaker 10: I almost sold my food to Billy Gibbons from sec Top.
Speaker 9: I nearly got run.
Speaker 8: Over by Vika hackenand outside Crown Casino, I.
Speaker 11: Have been ricked by a dog who is also ricked.
Speaker 12: Lucius malfoyet to Jason Isaacs.
Speaker 4: Christians, it's good to have a back. Yeah, we've run out of time in the last couple of weeks. It is back. You never know some of the stories you get when you go and call to call nine four one four one o four three. It's not as your claim to fame, it's your week claim to fame as well. So when you're something and I don't know, it's a bit it's a bit tenuous, a bit flimsy. Perfect for us. Nothing is too weak. If anything, we discard ones that are too good. Nine four one four one oh four three. Let's kick off this morning with Darren. Good morning, Darren, Good.
Speaker 11: Morning Christian, Mike. My wig is kind of the fame news. I mean, Isaac Kayes at the loads.
Speaker 4: Wow, this is pretty good. So how come you were there? How come he was there at the load?
Speaker 11: I picked up a couple of tickets from another station for the Red Carpet, and I took my wife and Well there and with to see them walking all the all the stars, and Well told them not to talk to them or interact.
Speaker 4: With nice price, nice price, shame on that radio station. Name them, Darren, which radio station was it? If you want to triple in, of course it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't interact, I mean, don't make eye contact with the side price.
Speaker 4: When you were there to see them arrive, I get the fan triple them. Had no tickets to stand there, stand there, it's a roundabout. I just stand there as part of the price on that traffic.
Speaker 3: In the street. Anyone could go down to the Crown and watch the mars of Red Carpet coming.
Speaker 4: In next to Jack and I just watching the same thing. Don't talk to him, you can't. You behind a crash.
Speaker 3: But who do I give my ticket to? You don't really mean about that?
Speaker 4: I bet Eddie wasn't stuck there as well.
Speaker 3: That one.
Speaker 4: That's got Darren Hohodick. Well, you obviously saw Isaac Hayes.
Speaker 11: Yea, and in fact he walked smoke. Could help myself. I jumped a little barrier, a little ripe barrier, and Sad.
Speaker 4: That's what you should do. You jumped the barrier.
Speaker 11: Well done, And he said, and I said, on here with my lovely wife. And he's looked at her and he said, they all be lovely man.
Speaker 13: He was.
Speaker 11: He was the nicest guy.
Speaker 4: That's amazing. That's amazing. I love that. I love the fact you just jumped over it. That is the way to do it. Darren, thank you very much. You cool.
Speaker 11: Thank you, Chris, thank you.
Speaker 4: Have a good day, Buddy Lewis, good morning.
Speaker 14: Yeah, good that Christian. I work in a fruit shop and we have a customer who's married to a member of jack Chance Stunting.
Speaker 4: We're after the races. This is another hall of famer for me, married to one of Jackie and stunt team.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 14: He's actually pretty famous in the stunt there world. His name is Brad Allen. He was on he did the stunt team for Yeah, what's you know that film that's just coming. He was on hand solo, you know my hands Alount. He was on Rush Hour too. He would tuxedo.
Speaker 10: He did that.
Speaker 14: British spy film has just come out. I can't remember what it's called.
Speaker 4: James Guys The Kids, not James Bond.
Speaker 14: The Kid.
Speaker 4: That is a new feature where listener Lewis describes a movie. We're going to guess what it is, the movie King, the Kingsman, The Kingsman, Kingsman.
Speaker 14: He was on the set of The Kings He's Brad Allen. He's actually been the first Caucasian man to be on Jackie Chance stunt Team.
Speaker 4: Amazing and the minders of the connection again, so the reminders of the Connection.
Speaker 14: I work in a fruit shop in the basin called the basement pantry, and I was serving this lady and she's wearing a hand Solow Stunt Team jumper and I said to her, I said, were you on the hand Solow Stunt Team? Just thinking of that Bill. She says, no, my husband was, But oh cool, So your husband's a stunt man, she says, yeah, yeah, And then she told me about Brad Allen. He's very faint Miss the stuntman world. Who is the first Western man?
Speaker 4: Was that on the other side of the T shirt? It feels like you're brad Adam's agent now't.
Speaker 3: Speak to him on the shirt.
Speaker 4: Yes, she must wear that T shirt everywhere, now, aren't you? Yeah? Lewis call in same time next week you describe a movie very vaguely. We guess what it is, Lewis. I love the call You take care, buddy?
Speaker 14: How are you two?
Speaker 4: Christian? Which is called you know the movie?
Speaker 10: You do?
Speaker 4: You know it?
Speaker 6: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: We've got some amazing week claims to fame lined up right now, Try and cram as many as he counting before the headlines on the way, So's week Wednesday, Every Wednesday called the show nine four one four one o four three any times? Your weakest claim to fame, Salny, good morning, Good morning, Christian. My latest claim to fame is I actually grew up with Bradley Allen.
Speaker 9: Who was the super famous Jackie Chan.
Speaker 4: We've just been getting up to speed with it. I went on IMDb right now. He's done stunts in about sixty movies, including Avatar Police Story, which of your Jackie Chan fan is like one of his best movies. Was really intricate fight scenes.
Speaker 3: Rush Hour, Shanghai Noon. Peter Pan, I'm.
Speaker 8: Still friends with his sister today, said I don't see him. He grew up on the corner of Rock Street and Devinish Road in Bayswater.
Speaker 4: This is amazing. We now know so much about brad Ava the childhood home. He got up on a street corner. Fine, that's how he got discovered. Sally, thank you very much. You call me, Thank you, thank you. Joe. Good morning.
Speaker 15: Hey, my my weakest painter of fame is I answered my dad's phone to Olivia Newton John's.
Speaker 4: Mum, hopefully not like this. What happened? So Olivia Newton John's mum was calling your dad.
Speaker 15: Yeah, yeah, he was doing work on her apartment, and I was a kid. I entered his phone and passed it to him, and he got off the phone and goes, you know that was a living Newton Johnes mum.
Speaker 9: That was it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, you know amazing. It's called week Wednesday. Okay, Joe, thank you very much your call there. That was sleepy Joe Biden. Then even get hey out have you got here? Eugene? Good morning, Eugene. I'm very excited about this. I know you've just been speaking to Jack and Jack said, you've got to take this one.
Speaker 3: This is a tenuous link.
Speaker 4: Yeah, going off, you go, Week, What have you got for us?
Speaker 12: This is seriously genuous. My week claim to fame is that my daughter went to primary school with a girl whose parents were friends with a couple that owned an apartment that was used in the Mike Myers movie. So I married an nex murderer.
Speaker 4: Amazing, another Hall of Famer. This is what this features for that we might get stories like this. That's about what six seven connections.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, I think you need a whiteboard to work this one out.
Speaker 4: It's like a maths equation and beautiful mind to I understand it all.
Speaker 12: And the apartment was used for probably less than ten seconds on screen.
Speaker 4: Do you know what? I loved that movie as well. So I'm married Maximoto was a really funny one. I think is that the apart where we walk singing and going, there's posters of a certain thing all over the ward and goes. What this apartment needs is another post Robin. That's a new podcast I'll be doing. Why I just go into a deep dive about seeing my scene memories of so I married, yes as well when I do that poetry figure as well. But anyway, Eugene, that's a great one. We'll send you one of our lidler steins.
Speaker 10: Oh that's epic.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you, Jeanie. Let's go to Courtney Christian.
Speaker 13: My weakest claim to say is that Missy Higgins dog humped my leg.
Speaker 4: That's a great one. That is pretty well. Where did this happen? This dog coumping?
Speaker 13: I out at my local park playing with a friend's dog. But it's a dog park, so I was just sitting while all the dogs run around, and suddenly there was this little fluffy thing that had mounted my knee and was going for it. And I was kind of looking around, going whose dog is this?
Speaker 14: Please?
Speaker 9: Like somebody get it off?
Speaker 13: And yeah, there was Missy and she's one of them. She's like, oh sorry, that's fine, and I was so start struck. I went, oh, no, that's fine.
Speaker 4: Carry on. Was just a member of the public stuff playing get off. But no, it's fine, it's fine.
Speaker 9: No, No, it's fine, it's Missy.
Speaker 13: As you can keep going.
Speaker 4: We'll send you one of my lidless ties as well. Courney, Thanks you called me very funny.
Speaker 13: Thanks Christian, have a.
Speaker 4: Good text, Andrew. Hey Christian, I'm good buddy. If you go last one before love it, my boy is claimed.
Speaker 10: The fame is when I was a twelve year old boy, back in the day, I used to deliver a paper that Jeff out of the Wiggles, and I swear to God, I swear to God. I could hear someone inside they're saying, wake up Jeff the paper.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 10: I don't know whether he got the song from me, like delivering the paper and back in the day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, my god.
Speaker 10: This was actually back in the day when he was in the cockroaches. But I didn't realize at the time, and then later on I just went, that's that guy I used to deliver a paper to hang on a minute. He made millions out of my my deliveries.
Speaker 4: This is stand up, Andrew. But it's nice to have delusions. And if I always say it, wouldn't it be nice? Wouldn't it be nice? Wouldn't it? Andrew? Thank you very much? You cool, Take care. Thank you. Christian O'Connell show podcast time for this mornings that were time wasteed. We're all fans of Sesame Street. Yes, pants, I had my.
Speaker 5: Mic down because dog next story is going absolutely ballistic. Can you hear him?
Speaker 4: No, he stopped.
Speaker 5: He heard my voice. So I's been professional, Sesame Street.
Speaker 4: Yes, side batter, you got structures with the neighborhood dog.
Speaker 5: He's going ballistic. I think someone must be walking past.
Speaker 4: But he stopped going out to the update there on the scene. Any who, Sesame Street, he's your favorite character Elmo.
Speaker 5: Oh, I used to love mister snuffle Afkis.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, animal the crazy drama. He was here all right, so this is an amazing.
Speaker 5: Straight he's on the Muppet He's just in the Muppets. Yeah, but they had crossovers sometimes, didn't they.
Speaker 4: Yeah? Oh well, looking at these time waste as they were winning about a minute's time. They've all been mating with each other, greating strange highbrids. Any who, let's not spoil the gold on the way, maybe, Sesame Streets. South Australian police have swooped on the third a legend big Bird bandit charging a young woman over the theft of a one hundred and sixty thousand dollars. Sesame Street asked, you a big bird, why would someone steal that it was stolen for twenty four hours on the Sesame Street Circus spectacular. Did you know that was a thing for forty eight hours? And it was returned with a note we are sorry. We're just having a rough time and we needed something to cheer ourselves up. I guess you know you got here right now. It is a tough time stealing a big bird out fell and they gave it back. Yeah, what are you gonna do with it? For those pressures? Forty eight hours? So the time wasted? Today it's Sesame Streek movies. And when I say Sesame streak, all the Muppet family come on, let's be inclusive. Let's not exclude anyone, all right, Sesame Street movies. You know Burt and Ernie? Oh yeah, but you know a very troubled guy. It's got a lot of existentials pain. When does he keep it all? That's right in the burtlocker gold thank you. That is the only one would be coming this way. No, Michael Phelps this morning? And what about his mate Ernie? Yeah? What about weekender Ernie's.
Speaker 3: That's a goal too.
Speaker 4: Oh my word, wow, it's gonna be a sharp drop off. Now, what about that movie the commitments Sesame Street movie, of course, will be the Kermit.
Speaker 3: Mustang, Sally Bronze, the music.
Speaker 4: Appalling one when we love the ritt mirandas movie Honey, I Shrunk the Kids Sesame Street version. Dr Bunsen honeyed you, I shrunk the kids.
Speaker 3: You have to have a deep knowledge of some of the character characters.
Speaker 4: One of the big characters.
Speaker 3: Honeyed you. I don't think we knew him as that.
Speaker 4: Dr Bunsen honeyed you. That was his name.
Speaker 3: Bronze.
Speaker 4: Oh, come on, that is Sesame Street ignorance. Shame on you. All right, what have you got then?
Speaker 3: I think Bunton was only in the Muppets, Sesame Street movies. Oscar, The Grouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. Yeah, that's good, Gold Nightmare on Elmo Street, Yeah, obvious, Bronze, the Three Muppet Tears.
Speaker 4: That's better. My pitch, you say, let's get let's get.
Speaker 3: One more.
Speaker 4: Hang on.
Speaker 3: That's better actually without the music because I got to sing all right, okay, oh my what one? T three, four, five, six, seven and eight nine, ten, Oceans eleven twelve?
Speaker 4: Where was he singing?
Speaker 3: That's that's a famous song from Tesape Street. To learn the knowledge I remember that song four.
Speaker 4: Yes, do you perhaps do you want to know Dr Buns and honey d the experiment?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do, but I was confusing him with the chef that guys, you're a scientist.
Speaker 4: The Swedish ShW We got to exit this. How's that dog? How's that dog? Next?
Speaker 5: Just yelled at them.
Speaker 4: They've stopped wondering. Are we on air?
Speaker 6: It's Fox, Christian Connell Show, podcast.
Speaker 4: Time wasted today is Sesame Street Movies. Huggy dis burst into the studio here very excitedly. You said, he got your sound effect. You know, I use it direct quote all the time. The Swedish chefdy gurdy burdy any time place abady Gurdy Burdy. Now, I said, that's more or less the impression I did. I think it's one of the easiest impressions anyone can do. It's a Swedish chef. Here's my Swedish chef birthday. First, that's not me.
Speaker 3: I think I think that's the real Swedish chef. And the first one is you.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, you're like, this is me gurdy body pretty good. I think it's better. Don't know if Jim Henson's listening or Frank cars. This sounds like first, I'm sorry, same street. I'm available for hire after nine a m. Monday to fry. Did you go anyburd eat anyway? Sesame Street movies? You wanted to mark Jack? How's that dog next door?
Speaker 2: Oh no, the husband's on a zoom call. I just said to stick my head around the door.
Speaker 4: And I was joking when I asked Pat, I didn't actually want And now we go live to the colder set.
Speaker 5: Turn it down a few hundred mongrels. He was so loud.
Speaker 3: What's a mongrel?
Speaker 4: Give another follow up question? Any who?
Speaker 10: All right?
Speaker 4: I was frightening everyone. Ice try to here we go Sesame Street movies. Yes, big Birds on a wire silver, the big bird Owski gold and Luke our does Dallas dear, oh dear, sure, shame on? That is cookie monster ball silver, not loop runs out after thirty two seconds to tear through them for the miss it runs out. No cookies rolled monsters gold. That's not very good, hine the talented mister snaffle up of gus silver the burlock, I did that one Beeper's in the mist Bronz Gonzo with the wind silver, but and only go to white cars.
Speaker 3: Gold plus Reese, Well.
Speaker 4: Done, Almo Geddon Silver Beaker to the Future Bronz driving Miss Piggy, Gold, Dude wards my legs. Oh, you didn't put your name on it. Two sixty nine Gonzo and sixty seconds Silver, Gonzo Girl, Silver plus when Kermit met Piggy, Silver plus one flu Drovever the Cuckoo's Nest and Point Beaker Bronze. All right, who's going to win one of our Lidler Steins?
Speaker 3: Sorry I didn't We were going too fast for me to ride.
Speaker 5: What about driving Miss Piggy?
Speaker 4: Yes, that's very What about that neighbor zoom call Hu.
Speaker 3: Driving Miss Piggie?
Speaker 4: Driving Miss Piggie? Well done? All right, let's end the show right now. We are back tomorrow morning. Have a good day.
Speaker 6: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast