Speaker 1: Hi, guys, and welcome back to another episode of Life Uncut.
Speaker 2: I'm Laura and I'm Brittany, and we are recording in a new place today. We've got a new environment and new background. It's feeling pretty bougie. What do you think britt Laura's new crib? I felt like when I arrived today, I felt like it was like MTV cribs. You know, hey, you open the door, we buzzed it. There was this big beautiful door that like hides the house, and I felt like when you opened it, it was like, welcome to my crib. And then Brinna gave me a great, big bunch of flowers and accidentally pushed my head into a brick wall. Welcome on. We need to explain that or it sounds like abuse. I yes, I brought Laura over a big, beautiful bunch of flowers, and then you forced me into as she went down to smell them, I thought that she should be more engaged with the smell, so I thrust the bunch of flowers into her face, not knowing that it would then ricochet her head into a cement wall. So I apologize for that. The intentions were good, So guys, if I start speaking slowly on this episode, you know why someone should call me an ambulance. But anyway, we are, we moved, We're here. It was a very tiring weekend, but also a very interesting weekend. Packing and just moving house is always such a ball ag. But once you're in, you feel good. I know I'm doing it this week. I'm moving at the end of the week as well. I like the wea time, this so perfectly together, so we can complain about moving at the same time. Moving sucks. It sucks so bad. But I'm not going to complain yet because I'm not haven't done it yet. See, I think it's the opposite. Okay, Yes, it's like obviously very time intensive actually the physical move, but it's such a good time to do like a massive clean out, so you get rid of all the stuff that you should have gotten rid of years ago in your old house. Sure haven't done that yet. Yes, you do a big like cleanse, a big throwout, And then it also gives you that opportunity to like re lay out a house and get it all feng hue. Nice for your children to destroy it a couple of weeks time, but like at least for a week, this place is gonna look great. That's your goal. One week. Yeah, oh well, look, if we can make it to a month of it looking like it belongs in a some sort of catalog, I'll feel great. But my new ambition in life, this is when you know you've hit your thirties. My new ambition is that I'm really trying to grow a lawn. Yeah, you're old. How do you know you're old? You put sprinklers on in the morning. In the afternoon, the lawn. You're like, how do I get myself a luscious lawn? Yeah? It's pretty gray at the moment and brown. But anyway, guys, in the new house, I did have something very interesting happened to me whilst I was packing. And it wasn't accidentally unfiltered of my own which if you follow on social media, if you follow Lady in a Cat you would have seen a little bit of it. But there was more to the story, Britt and I'm gonna tell you. So we had a company come and like physically pack up all the stuff, right, they would take out the things in the drawers and they woul put all into boxes. And this one guy had come and he had packed up all my bedroom drawers because we were the morning of the removals coming, and I was expecting that I would do my bedroom draws myself. However, he did, saying you always you know, Laura, you don't let you barricade him out of the bedroom. You do not let the burly removalless man into your bedside draw well, like I didn't expect that he was going to do it before I got home, Like I was only gone for an hour and a half, and by the time it takes only takes two minutes, la apparently all it takes. I got home from recording and he'd already packed up everything in the bedroom. Anyway, I'm standing in the bedroom putting some of the clothes from the wardrobe into a box, and he picks up this box and walks out into the hallway, and the whole box just starts going like vibrating, and I was like, your rabbit was on the loose. I was like, what the well, I know it wasn't a vibrator, Like I know it couldn't have possibly been a vibrator, because that's collecting dust in the wardrobe. Is that what you're saying. I don't think I have one that works anymore. The batteries are long and truly died of that thing. Did I get you one? Hang on, you got me a cock ring? You didn't get you vibrate?
Speaker 3: Yes, I did.
Speaker 2: I got you a clitorous stimulate a thing. But that doesn't vibrate, does it? It sucks? So I was going, well, you used it anyway. It certainly wasn't the glitteroust sucking thing that was going off the whole box. The whole box was vibrating. And the guy who was like this burly Armenian guy, he looked and he looked startled, and then he just put the box down and walked away from it. And I'm like, I was like, oh, I'm sorry, I'll unpack it. He's like, yep, yeah, you do that. So he gave me some privacy and I unpacked it. And it was Matt's theory gun, which is like the massage gun going by by by make. If you use that to try and get yourself off, you'd surely do some damage. So I took it out and turned it off. Then I put it back in the box and I resealed the box, and then I went to try and tell the guy like I was like, hey, hey, sorry about that. Don't worry. It wasn't what you think it was. It was just my and I'm trying to explain myself, and every time I open my mouth or explain myself, he keeps going, I don't want to know.
Speaker 3: I don't want to know.
Speaker 2: And I was like, no, I wanted to tell you, and he was like, I don't want to know. He's like, it's okay, I don't want to know. And so now he still thinks that I had my vibrator. He thinks. He thinks, bless his soul, that you've got a great active sex life. If only he knew the truth. Hikay, So I actually have a thera gun and you have just given me anxiety. I'm going to make sure when I pack that it is the battery is out, it is taken off. I'm going to pack all my personal stuff before because I cannot have that happen. Make sure you pack your theory gun along with your dildos and your vibrators and everything in the same box. I reckon, there's got to be some funny stories out there about this exact thing. People moving. Surely people have had like some sex mishaps. Funny you should say that because I do have something I'm going to share with you later. Oh wait, this exactly. This is the gift that keeps on giving. Now, guys, we do actually have a really incredibly special episode for you today, and it's an episode that I have been so looking forward to for so long. We interviewed Elitie pull In.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I know some of you will be familiar with Eldi. Elidi is the partner of Alex Chumpy and Alex Chumpy. He was a profetational snowboarder and Olympic champion snowboarder, and last year he tragically died whilst spearfishing. Eliti has her own podcast, it's called Darling Shine. So many of you are listeners of the podcast, and we wanted to do an episode with Elerdy last year about grief and speak to her about her experiences. But her story doesn't end there. She has the most incredible story because she recently brought her baby girl, Mini into the world, and she talks so much about her life with Chumpy, how she's dealt with her life since his passing, and what it's been like since bringing Mini into the world. And I just love Elerdy so much. She's such an absolute, she's real, salt of the earth type of person. She's such a genuine, wonderful woman, and she doesn't want people to think that she's a hero or a champion for kind of overcoming what she has and working through her grief. But it's so hard not to look at her and think that she's truly an inspiration for how she just gets up and gets on with it. Yeah, she's such a breath of fresh air. But the reason that Eliti's story is so much more remarkable is that she brought her child Mini into the world after her partner Alex had passed away. That is what makes this story so unique and so different from anything we've ever spoken about. In all honesty, I learned so much because I didn't even know that taking sperm from someone that had passed away was a thing. I didn't know what was possible. I know ELDI didn't know as possible. The only reason it came to be was because one of her friends happened to have heard or read about it previously, and she kicked her button to gear. Because you have a time frame, you have hours after this moment, even talking about it. Now we've spoken to Eldi and I still can't get my head around what those first few hours and first few days could have been like. But I think you guys are going to be just as in awe of Elity and her story as we were. So I can't wait to get into that and share her story with you. But before that, look, before we do, you know that there's always a few low brow things we want to share, Like we keep the deep stuff later in the episodes, and the start, well sometimes the start probably shouldn't happen, but it always does. Now it's interesting, Okay. I wanted to talk about something which I saw that's been doing the rounds. There's a couple of articles that came out about it this week, but it's in regards to something that's been trending on TikTok. We love a good TikTok trend, don't we say about three times fast TikTok trend TikTok trendy. I won't do it three times by no, Okay. The thing I think about TikTok is like it's really a subculture. Like there's so many different categories where you can find people who have like minded ideas as you and really go deep in those sort of concepts. Now, something that has sparked a lot of interest, there have been hundreds and hundreds of thousands of views on these videos in the past couple of weeks and months is the whole concept of celibacy. Now, when I say celibacy, TikTok, I'm not talking about celibacy because of religious views or ideologies. I'm talking about twenty year olds and thirty year olds who have opted into celibacy because they think it gives them more autonomy, more freedom, just like a better sense of self because they're not out there chasing the d I actually have a friend, a very whole, good looking male friend. He's an athlete, and I remember him telling me a little while ago, oh, probably about a year ago. I remember him saying, like, way before the trend that he did this. He did this for like three to four months because he had read somewhere someone else in the athlete world had said, Hey, like, if you don't masturbate, you don't pretty much don't ejaculate. It does all these great things for your life. Now, this is pretty bitch. You hold onto your superpowers, you hold on to your superpowers, and this is a pretty big thing. I've actually made a few athletes that I know that do this to a small degree, so like before a match or a game or anything like that. A lot of footballers do it. They won't masturbate or they won't have sex with their partners because they think it takes their game down a level. So it's this is actually a thing that people do. But my friend did it for three months and I texted him when we're going to do this, and I said, hey, I remember when you didn't jack off have sex for months, like ages ago. What was that experience like for you, Like just out of curiosity because we're doing this podcast. Was so blah blah blah blah. I just want to read you what he wrote back. Ay, Britt, Yeah, I did it for about three to four months, truth be told. I just got really horny, slept with the girl, slept with a girl twice without coming, which was the hardest thing I have ever done. And that was at the end of month too. I saw small improvements in energy for training, but nothing crazy. Towards month three, I was just really angry and just thinking of fucking NonStop. It was a debilitating level. This goes against everything I have read today. I know, all in all is good dopamine cleanse for pawn, but it turned me into a bit of a pervert by the third month. Well, somebody else who did this for three and a half months, he's probably also a pervert, is produce a h Well. I think it's really interesting because everything that Laura and I read, that's why I wanted to go straight to the source from somebody that I knew and say, hey, what did it do for you? And he while he said, you know, I felt a bit more energy overall, he was like I was just a creep at the end. He's like I was just I was super horny and it wasn't doing for me what everyone said it was doing. But hey, everyone's different, What did it do for you? My experience was kind of like, I can't so it was last year.
Speaker 4: It was when we were in lockdown, which probably added to the whole like it was easy to be celebrated if you went in a relationship right, I'd come out of toxic relationship one to skip a few decided that I needed to cleanse my dating aura, like.
Speaker 2: I'm just imagining you out there with the stage around. Did you do the old Gwyneth poultry steam the vagina as well? I hope not, because I kiss she gave it a deep clean, like an end of lease clean. I paid some cleaners to come in.
Speaker 4: I know, I just yeah, so cleansed my vagina because I realized that I'd spent all of this emotional energy and like anxiety and feeling really sad and wasting all of this.
Speaker 2: Time on this person. And I was like, I just need a break, Like I need a full break.
Speaker 4: I'm going to completely dedicate myself to literally not replying to one boy.
Speaker 2: No you in hardcore. So I honestly was just like I just can't be bothered. I need to fix my brain. And it worked. My god, my career went through the room.
Speaker 4: Were even kidding, It was all my So you kind of spent all of that energy that I was putting into dating or like you know, just the little things like couple of texts a day.
Speaker 2: It actually ends up taking up time in your life. But it's always more than a lot. Like it's not just a couple of texts, because if that's all it was, then that's like very minimal effort. It's the trying to date someone to then like have sex with them. That energy and mental power that goes into that whole process, Like it's super time consuming to scroll back their Instagram till twenty twelve as well.
Speaker 4: That takes a lot of time exactly all this investigation of what they could possibly be doing with other people.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that was great, all jokes acide. I think it was about three months that I didn't sleep with someone, like deliberately made the conscious choice to be like, nah, I'm turning away from this for a while until I've kind of like pieced myself back together. It was weirdly cathartic, and I felt a lot better and more confident in myself kind of going back into the dating sex scene. Well, there's been actually some research studies that have been done recently which suggests that millennials are having half as much sex as their parents parents, which apparently our parents were horny bastards. I mean that's a bit sad, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: Though?
Speaker 2: I I mean yes, I mean it is. Yes. I don't want to think about my parents having sex. But apparently we're not being half as much sex, but gen z's are having half as much sex as we have, which kind of goes against the whole thing that Like, I mean, I know that there's this fear that, like, young people are very sexually active, and as a parent, it's something that you're very conscious of. You're like, oh God, do we need to worry about my thirteen year old fourteen year old? But I think that we grew up in an incredibly hyper sexualized society, Like we grew up around it and was surrounded by it. And I think even back to like our dating time, so much of it centered around just like finding someone to be with, have sex with. There was so much validation that came from like the chase and having someone like you or admire you. It's kind of nice to think that you can have the flip side of this and find some self validation when you're not chasing the d But this article in the Sydney Morning Herald, it did say that eighteen to twenty four year olds were comparable with over seventy five year old age group. Now that blows my mind. How are you eighteen to twenty four because there's a pandemic bridge, Nah, we've been out for a long time. Nah, Nah, we've been out. I think it's more that they just don't feel like they're indulging, and they use the word indulging in the article. They don't feel a need to as much. And I guess it's probably coming from things like this TikTok trend, more people speaking out saying you don't really need it, more people trying to channel their energy into something else, or sex toys have just gotten heaps better.
Speaker 4: Than replying to a you up text is just to get Laura's theragun out of her draw that she's used.
Speaker 2: She's you definitely should not use the thera gun. That's a terrible idea. Everybody is huge. Do not use this thing at home. No, But I think that there's some interesting points in this whole thing, and like maybe celibacy seems like an extreme thing to go and do. Like, you know, this whole idea of like, oh god, I'm not going to have sex for an indefinite amount of time sounds crazy.
Speaker 4: It sounds like when I was thinking about it myself, I was like, this sounds like something that was very out of character for me, because like, I enjoy your healthy sex life as everyone outreach does, but it genuinely did really help me peace kind of my calmness around sex back together.
Speaker 2: Well, I just think that if there's so much of validation that can come from going out and trying to find a new sexual partner, or like you know, if you go out with the girls, if you're somebody who is very much on the dating sex scene, like you know, and has a really active sex life, you're not always engaged in what's happening in front of you. So like you go out for the girls, you're not really necessarily thinking, Okay, well we're going to go for a dance and then I'm going to go home hunt. Yeah, You're like you're half engaged with your friends and you're half like, Okay, is that hot guy looking at me? Should I make eyes? Maybe I'll go home with him? Do I bend and snap? Do it whatever? You know, But it changes the dynamic. And I think if you cut that out completely, whether it be for a month or two months, and have this kind of like celibacy cleanse, do your TikTok trend, I can see how it would have beneficial impacts. The other part of this, which I just wanted to touch on as well, is like I'm sure there are so many people who listening to this who were single during the pandemic and it was almost like forced celibacy. I would love to hear from you how that impacted your dating and how it impacted the way that you're approaching your sex life now. So, if you're a Life Uncut listener and you have had a six month stint or a three month whatever it is, if you've had a stint that has been like intentionally celibate, how did that improve you as a person. I mean, I think it's important to note that when you don't have something, you don't miss it and you don't want it. The more sex you have, the less it's BRIT's friend, the more you want it, nless it's my friend. But the more sex you have, the more you want it. If you haven't had it for a long time, you don't feel the need or the desire anymore. And I've been in like most of my relationships have been long distance, to be honest, like that's probably something I need to reflect on in myself another day, But like most of my relationships have been long distance, so I feel like I've gone ages without sex before. Because obviously I'm very loyal to my partners, and it gets to the point where you don't actually miss it anymore, and I get more productive than ever. And I guess that's just because I want to fill my time with other things. But like produce Keisha said before, that's when I'm the most productive, and that's when I start to be very successful in every other aspect of my life. So maybe there is something to it, or maybe I'm just a bit hyper and just want to feel all my time, so I don't think of anything else but for me, like I am sort of here for it. I don't think I would ever intentionally choose it, Like I love to have a great sex life, but I can see why people are doing it when I just turn me.
Speaker 4: I think the one big difference with your friend and celibacy is that he was not coming right, So like that has physiological impacts, This is more about an emotional like psychological impact in my perspective.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Well, it's almost worse if you're having sex with someone but you're withholding an orgasm. It kind of like creates that that temptation is tenfold, Like that feeling of desire, that feeling of compulsion that is not actually celibacy, whereas if you are completely abstinent from something and you get over the hump of the oh, I need to have sex. I want to kind of like, you know, satiate this desire. You get over that feeling, then you're kind of like, I don't know, you're in a different space. I want to say, the TikTok trend that's going around, there are three main benefits that people are claiming. Those are clearer mind, because we all know that too much sex can definitely fuddy the imagination. Clearer mind, spiritual growth and rids them of soul ties mostly soulties to fuck boys. But yes, it rids them of sult times. I don't even know what a sultie is. I guess I'm interpreting this is like when you are really connected with someone, as in, like you know, you might meet a guy you're dating, you feel like this fool to them, but you're not in a relationship, so you don't actually owe them anything, but you're wasting time. Like think of like a situationship where you invest so much time in that person, so much mental energy, so much physical energy, so much time you could be investing in yourself and it doesn't go anywhere, and it's never gonna go anywhere. It's weeding out the ship. Yeah, that's all it is. Yeah, Yeah, I'm here for it. I think whatever whatever flows your boat, you're gonna go through ebbs and flows in your sex life and your day and life. You're gonna have times where you have dating fatigue. You could not think anything worse, and going to meet someone and having sex with someone and having someone in your house, in your bed, inside you, inside you, inside everywhere, like yeah, physically inside your house, your personal house, your private house. But then you're gonna have to we're gonna want more than ever. And I think whatever floats your boat is great. But with the people that have gone for a little while without sex and they're getting down about it, maybe just try and flip your perspective. Go on, join the TikTok trend. Maybe make a TikTok and tell everyone what your benefit is. I'd love to see it. Yeah, and I liked that. Last week we talked about sex positions, and this week we're talking about and no sex everyone with who We've really done a full circle on this line. We cover everything here a live pod cutter. Anyway, it is time for our favorite part of every episode, and that is Accidentally Unfiltered and confessional. Oh you've got a confessional today? Yeah, okay, so accidentally unfiltered. For anybody who's new and listening to the podcast, it's basically where we share your most embarrassing stories, and confessional is where we share the things that you've kept a secret, the things that you've done that you probably shouldn't have done and that you haven't told anybody. But I have a accidentally unfiltered today, and this one is very related to moving house, and I think it's a goody. In the middle of moving house, my boyfriend and I recently contracted COVID and then we had to eye isolate in his house for seven days. Unfortunately, the majority of my staff was still at my house and I hadn't packed it properly. So my dad, being the wonderful man that he is, offered to pack up my things for me before we moved. I'd gotten into my new home and I was unpacking the boxes that my dad had packed for me, only to discover five vibrators I used pregnancy test that I, for some reason, hadn't thrown away, and several boxes of condoms. My poor dad literally hand packed these into a box and didn't say a single word about it. I still cannot believe that he packed the used pregnancy test. I cringe every time I think about it. Rip, I am mortified, and so am I for you. Why a legend? But was the pregnancy test positive or negative? It was just you imagine when I used a pregnancy test. Imagine your dad? Five vibrators? Why were they five?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 2: Don't to shame the girl? I wish I had. I feel like, I mean, you just use one I bought you? But why? I mean, like, I'm so five vibrators. I would have loved to see them laid out on the table and see what the difference is with all these vibrary Maybe one's like a little rabbit byby one's like a big juicy penis with called the dad and asking far out Rip you At last, you've got a good dad. God. Could you imagine looking at that and being like, that's my little girl on your chicken? Negative or no? Okay? Well, I'm liking that I brought the confessional that I have today. I went polar opposite and I went for something really really innocent because I knew you'd be a sicico. Back in kindergarten, we had a weekly raffle on Friday where you'd win a prize. Over the week, you'd get given raffle tickets for being really good or making gains in spelling, et cetera. Anyway, one afternoon, I was the last one in the classroom and I saw a bunch of full raffle ticket books on the teacher's desk. So I looked around. No one was there. I stole the full book. I went home and wrote my name on every single time, and then I sneakily put the tickets in the raffle box. There must have been more than fifty tickets that I put in with my name. This is more than the number of people in my class. I won the prize that week, and still to this day, I've never told anyone. I feel guilty. Surely she knew. How could she put If you've only got thirty people in your class and there's fifty tickets in there with your name on them, Surely that's a spoiler. Don't you also think? Like this is someone in primary school? Like where do kids get this savvy from?
Speaker 3: How?
Speaker 2: Like when do kids realize that they can lie and they she was in kindy. She was fine, Like when does this happen? Like does Marley know? Does Marley lie to me at two and a half years old?
Speaker 3: I don't know?
Speaker 2: I reckon you know how she said she was going to her friends the other day, Laura, she wasn't in the backyard pty some beautls. Marley's walking out of the house with a bag. That's like you do you remember when I was in primary school I stole something and I still to this day feel guilty. But it's a funny story. My mom and dad were like real health fananause. My dad had a heart attack when we're really young, and then a whole diet. Everything in the food was just like immaculate anyway, weren't allowed sweets really, and you know the hubba bubba that used to come in, like the big round circles and the meter length, Yeah a straps, so the straps. So there was this friend. I had a friend at school and she was always allowed young food. She always had the best food, and I was always jealous of her and she always had hubba bubba and I was never allowed it. So I was in Target with Mum and they had them at the counter. You know how you can bet chocolates and stuff. You stole something. I grabbed a hubber bubba and I put it in my well. I don't even know where I put it. I didn't have a bag. I was down there. We walked out of Target and we probably got fifty meters down and I pulled it out and I started to eat it. And Mum saw me, and she's like, what are you doing? And I was like what. She's like, where did you get that from? And I was like, Alex gave it to me. She's like, you are lying to me. Where did you get it from? Right now? And I was like, I took it from Target. She marched me back and made everyone stand around the cashier while I had to tell everyone what I did, including the cashier. I told everyone that I stole. I was mortified. I will never to this day and like, bravo, Mum, because I never stole anything again. But to this day, I have never been more mortified my life than telling a bunch of strangers in a cashier that I stole. I mean, I met her Papa.
Speaker 3: Stole again.
Speaker 2: That is good parenting. Shame them.
Speaker 3: I couldn't believe it.
Speaker 2: What a badass I was. That's as bad as it gets anyway. Guys, on that note, let's get into the chat with Elidie. Thanks for being here. We're so excited about this episode, but we do want to kick start. We don't start any episode without an accientally unfiltered You're a most embarrassing story. We really like to throw you onto the bus.
Speaker 3: Do you have one for us? I have so many.
Speaker 5: My friends sent me this photo earlier of me when I was asking her, and I was like, oh, this one doesn't incriminate me too much.
Speaker 2: We need the ones where you're incriminated. I we want like the most embarrassing ones. Oh I'm suitable for a podcast and national audience.
Speaker 3: I do so much dumb shehit, but this is just like, yeah, I don't know, this one's not that anyway. I'm just going to go with it.
Speaker 5: So I was about eighteen, A bunch of my friends were at the Star Casineo, having like a bit of a night there, and then it's like one of those things where you have a dream and everything makes sense. Now that I'm retelling it, I'm wondering why there was kind of like teller machines wherever we were standing waiting for transport. That was kind of not like sorry, not teller machines, but pretend you're going into a bank and there's like those screens.
Speaker 3: And like the holes where you would talk to the chick through the hole. Oh yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: It wasn't even COVID times because it was like ten years ago or saying, So, I don't know why there was where you go in and actually like convert your chips to money.
Speaker 3: Probably I don't know it. Probably I just cannot remember, but yeah, because it was a hole in the hole and there.
Speaker 2: Was a woman standing behind it with money. I don't know if we were booking accommodation or getting the chips out.
Speaker 3: Or booking some I don't know. So I was like a bit pissed.
Speaker 2: I've put my head inside this hole and so my head is like this close to the chick's head on the other side.
Speaker 3: She's like, we'll get out, and I was like, oh, I'm stuck.
Speaker 2: And I was like actually stuck for like an hour in this hole or your head actually got stuck, yeah, And I couldn't get it out. So my friends are like over there being like come on like, We've got to go and I'm all trying to get my head out.
Speaker 3: We couldn't maneuver it like this particular way.
Speaker 2: Wit you guess Wait, you're stuck in the perfect perspects hole. I couldn't get show me, show me, show me, okay, right now, my god, photo of her head. We're gonna post this on life on cut. It's too fud I'm gonna have that photo.
Speaker 3: I can't even see what is happening.
Speaker 2: How does your head get in there? Honestly, you guys need to see this ship. It is like you don't believe it unless you see it. You will see this. Please go on to the Instagram because I'm going to make a post out of this. So I'm stuck in there with these two chicks on the other side, and I'm like, so, do you guys have any markets back here?
Speaker 3: Like this a bit boring? I'm stuck here like this, there's some snacks?
Speaker 1: What are we doing?
Speaker 2: Wait? So what happened? Do they have to call emergency in my head in a particular way and got it out of there? Some w forty down quick tripp to Bunnings?
Speaker 3: That is wild?
Speaker 2: So what was the motivating factor there? What made you go, I'm going to get really close to this person's face and stick my head through.
Speaker 5: That pissed And maybe I just wanted to like get to know Whoever, maybe I was just like, what did you say, hello, let's have a chat?
Speaker 3: Like I don't know, just chucked my head through this hole.
Speaker 5: I don't know how it fitted in in its first place, because it definitely didn't come back it.
Speaker 3: Why is it that this is a thing?
Speaker 2: Because I have gotten weirdly like my knees stuck in places before. But why do things go in and not coming Well, that's the exact reason why a baby comes out head first, is because it doesn't really go the other way. Like that makes sense. Like my dog. I got this puppy and just a week ago her head got stuck. We were on a walk and she put her head between the railing like to look out of the ocean, and when in fine could not get it out. I didn't know how to get it out. I had to like squish her ears back, the poor thing, and I thought I was going to have to call the fire brigate. Anyway, I went and got some water. Someone helped me, went got water. We like slicked her hair down in her ears, and I was like, yanked her out of there, but why is she going and not come out?
Speaker 5: It's the same thing going in like when you put a ring on, don't you reckon? You can put it on, but then getting it off.
Speaker 2: Like fuck anyone who has fat fingers. I can't wait to share this photo on social media. Yeah, it's pretty heavy, like to be honest, that story kind of sucks, except because I have the photo, it makes it really good. Like trumped it, like that was the best thing I have ever seen.
Speaker 3: I feel like I couldn't do it without the photo.
Speaker 2: So you're in there for an hour and then you finally slipped yourself out and then did you just pretend it never happened? Like just got on with you know? Oh?
Speaker 5: I literally forgot about that entire night until I spoke to my friend this morning and she was like, oh, do you remember this?
Speaker 3: I've got a photo and I was like, oh my god, it's all coming back. I'm going to use that.
Speaker 2: I have suppressed this memory so deeply. Oh do you know what's pretty good though, Elidie. There's so many parts of your story that I want to ask you about. You've just become a new mum, how are you like? First off, straight off the bat, we have a little Minni in the room next door. She's three months old. How you coping in your first few weeks as a new mum?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 5: Thank you by the way for getting her to sleep and put her down, because she was just squawking when I walked in.
Speaker 2: I'm that weirdo that steals anyone's baby. I'm like, gosh, let me smell it. I mean, I would have loved it, but I was trying to play it cool. But you just gave me like a hyaena. You were like, swooped on here, try literally trying to eat her. But how have you been? How are you coping with this new Because it's huge, such a massive and transformative part in any woman's life, becoming a mom.
Speaker 3: It's so massive. She is a dream. She's such a good girl.
Speaker 5: Like she has a bit of a witching hour in the AVOs, but she sleeps well at night, thank goodness, because if I don't sleep, I am.
Speaker 3: I need my sleep.
Speaker 5: I think obviously going into it, going into having Mini, I knew that I was going to be doing it solo on my own, because I don't have.
Speaker 3: Chumpy here and I almost feel like I can't complain about doing it on my own. Like when she does things, I'm like, no, but I signed up for this and I love her and this is what.
Speaker 5: I needed and la la la. But like, yeah, it's just been the biggest thing that obviously I'll ever do in my life. But it's been three months and she so far as so amazing, and we've been on the road because I live on the Gold Coast, but I've been down in Sydney seeing my dad who's sick, and so she's just had to kind of come on my journey.
Speaker 3: And that's the thing as well, like I think I'm just essentially living.
Speaker 5: My exact life that I was before, and she's my newborn coming on my program. I'm not going on her program, and that's just because I didn't have another choice. I had to come down to Sydney to be with my dad. And now we've been stuck here for like about almost three months now.
Speaker 3: Like we came down when she was two weeks and she's just super adaptable because of that. So I think, in.
Speaker 5: Hindsight, I'm going to look back and be like really thankful for this time because she's kind of just coming along for the ride and adapting. I mean, it's even incredible the fact that you came down here with her alone at two weeks old.
Speaker 3: Like two weeks old is so new.
Speaker 2: But what you just said, I think it's subjective and relative for you to say, you know, I should just be grateful and I can't complain. Of course you can complain. Of course you can be tired. You're still in that situation, and of course you're always going to be grateful at the end of the day and you love her, But that doesn't mean you can't say, fuck, do I have to get up for the tenth time tonight, like I'm exhausted.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's so true.
Speaker 5: I also hear people who have gone through IVF, like they've gone through rounds and rounds of IVF and pay tapes of money, and then when they finally get pregnant, they feel like they can't complain about morning sickness and the pregnancy things because they're like, I've worked so hard for this and I've complained about that part, and now I'm pregnant. I should be grateful, And it's like, no, you're going through it.
Speaker 3: You can complain. Just like anyone who's full and pregnant randomly like total allowed to you know.
Speaker 2: And the big thing as well with this is like feelings don't live in a silo. You know, you can be happy and you can be sad, and I think that there's going to be a big conversation around that in a little bit when we get into your full story. But you can be so incredibly grateful and you can be so incredibly exhausted. Those things are allowed to coincide, and so like, as a new mum, I don't think you have to set yourself up with a different set of standards just because you had to work so hard to have Mini. I do want to start your story, and I think to be able to do that, we have to go right back to the beginning of when you met Chumpy and who Alex Chrumpy is? How did you guys meet?
Speaker 5: So Chump and I met at one of my best friend Laura's birthday party, her twenty first, so it was like, yeah, nine years ago now, We just hooked up that night and then that was it. He was going overseas really soon after, and we just spoke constantly while he was away, and it just like we were just on straight away, even though he was away, and then as soon as we came.
Speaker 3: Back, it was just like we just clicked like a jigsaw and we pretty.
Speaker 5: Much moved in together straight away, which is weird for me because I'm super independent, I'm on my own thing. I've never been like bound to someone. I'm always kind of doing my own thing. But we were just so it was just so right.
Speaker 3: It was like kind of fairy tale in a way, and it just it just had to be. And we didn't really even fight.
Speaker 2: Like sold Yeah, I just like saw makes from the beginning. Sometimes things just work like the second you meet them, they work, And it sounds like.
Speaker 3: That's what it was. Yeah, it was just meant to be for me.
Speaker 2: I think, how long were you guys together for?
Speaker 3: How old are you?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm twenty nine, I'm about to turn thirty. Yep, so we met in twenty twelve. He passed away in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: So for anybody that doesn't know, he's a bit of a god in the snowsports snowboarding world. Do you want to just give everyone a little background about what he did and who he was. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So Alex Rumpy Puln, also known as Chumpy my love.
Speaker 5: He's a two time world champion board across snowboarder for Australia. He's been to the Olympics a bunch of times and he's just an absolute legend. But like off the snow as well, he's just the best guy ever and he's just super active and he's good at everything, and more so than snowboarding, he was like a musician as well.
Speaker 2: I also think it's so interesting. I think we would have a perception of who he is based on his public profile. Obviously you would have gotten a different version of him. But was his public persona the same as his private persona or what was Alex Trumpy like you know at home? Yeah, So on the.
Speaker 5: Snow he was super fierce and like competitive, and I think people would know him as that because he was very much professional in the media and all that, But at home he was completely different. He was just like this kind of quirky hippie muso, always laughing, always joking, not serious at all, and on the snow, just super driven and he just had a goal and I was on the prize like a typical athlete, but like a really like his mindset was just so competitive and so he'd come home and that's when he would just go, oh and just relax.
Speaker 3: And that's when he'd come home and just relax, and.
Speaker 5: He'd get like the flu or whatever, because you know how they say when you're like go, go go, you don't get that. And he'd come home and just relax, and he was a completely different person at home. But like, both of those people are awesome. Competitive Chump and normal Chump are awesome. But it just says a lot about athletes in general and how they can just.
Speaker 3: Have this switch.
Speaker 2: Absolutely feel it's been dating one for a long time. Yeah, exactly, very obsessive. Yeah, what plans did you guys have for the future. Were you planning on having a baby, were you getting married? Where were you at in your life?
Speaker 5: So Chump and I, yeah, had lived together for I don't know, eight years. We bought our dream house on the Gold Coast. So we grew up in Sydney or I grew up in Sydney, he grew up in Victoria. Then we both lived in Sydney together and we moved to the Gold Coast in twenty seventeen or twenty eighteen, gosh, I can't even remember. Bought our dream house, got our dog, who's the best ever. We're both obsessed, and it was like Chumpy and Rummy were like they were like a duo and I was just always the third wheel we had.
Speaker 3: So we had our dog and we were trying for a baby for over a year.
Speaker 5: I have a low egg count, so we were always probably going to do IVF, we just hadn't started it yet. That was the next step with our doctor, so we were like frothing to have a family. Chump wasn't going to be snowboarding for too much longer. He was thirty two and he was starting to just he was super obsessed with home and what we had, like our house, and he's like a homebody and loves to just potter around the house and he was going into different things. So he was definitely going to finish up snowboarding. So it was like, perfect, let's have kids now. And our house is kind of like you know, a family house is like five bedrooms and a pool and everything like that. Yeah, and then on July eighth, twenty he just essentially walked out the door one day to go spearfishing. He's like an action man, always out surfing, spearfishing, fishing out on the boat, doing literally whatever he can to just stay active. He's just like a waterman or action man. Basically left the house one day and just literally didn't come back. He had a shallow water blackout under the sea when he was fishing out the reef to catch dinner for us.
Speaker 3: We had friends coming up, and he was like, oh, catch everyone fish for tonight. We'll make fish tacos and yeah, like simple as that.
Speaker 5: He just had a shallow water blackout under there where there was a lack of oxygen to his brain because he was probably holding his breath for just a tiny bit too long and just passed out under the water.
Speaker 3: So basically went to sleep, and he had a weight belt on, so he sank and if.
Speaker 5: He obviously if he didn't have a weight belt on, he probably would have floated and maybe coughed and caught his breath.
Speaker 3: Back or you know.
Speaker 5: But he sank and was found down at the like on the bottom of the ocean. Since then, I feel like it's been a year and a half. I still feel like I'm in so much shock about it. I cannot believe he's gone. I cannot believe he's not coming back. I say all the time, like I swear he's just going to walk in the door. He just I feel like his energy is so strong around me, or just that he was such a big person, such a character in my life and like everyone around us life that I just cannot believe that he's gone.
Speaker 2: Where were you when you found out when you got the news that something can happened to Chumpy?
Speaker 3: Where were you when.
Speaker 5: Chump left the house that morning? He was going spearfishing, so he packed up our car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have a van.
Speaker 5: He packed up the van went down like just down to the local reef two minutes down the road, and I was like, oh, I'll walk running out. Our dog took her for a long walk, and on the way back from the walks, I'd probably been gone nearly an hour and a half. On the way back from the walk, I felt like this insane chest pain, like killing me right in my chest. And I was thinking we had friends coming up to stay that night from Sydney, and I was thinking, oh, what like is this and my stress? Have I got to do heaps of cooking and cleaning with my like anxious because the girls are coming up and staying, or like what's going on here.
Speaker 3: I was just like this sucks, This like hurts. You know, my chest is killing me. So I'm like stretching out my chest. My dog was a bit like what's going on.
Speaker 5: We're both looking at each other like oh, I feel weird, and then just brushed that off completely.
Speaker 3: So I always think back to that moment, and I believe that was the moment.
Speaker 5: So then I got home about twenty minutes later, thankfully, my mom had come over.
Speaker 3: She was helping me clean, and she loves like she's good at cleaning bathrooms. I hate doing that.
Speaker 5: I like doing the vacuuming and the mopping, and I was like, you can do all the bleachy stuff in the bathrooms. I hate that stuff. So she's a legend. She leaves down the road. So she was helping me clean the house, and my neighbor comes over and she was like, hey, Elle, I saw a chump going spearfishing this morning. And now I've just read on the Facebook community page that there's been someone that's been dragged in from Chumpies Reef. Well it's now called Chumpies Reef, And straight away I was just like, nah, well thanks for telling me, but like it obviously wouldn't be chumpy. If anything, he'd be helping that poor person. Or I just he's like the strongest, fittest person in the world.
Speaker 3: He's like a fish.
Speaker 2: Also, you just don't think that that person's ever gonna be your person exactly.
Speaker 5: You just never like you watch movies about this happening and my heart just breaks, and I can't watch sis as sad or scary movies.
Speaker 3: I'm just bawling the whole time. And you're always putting yourself in the actor's shoes. Me like imagine, like that would never happen to.
Speaker 2: Me, you know.
Speaker 3: So I was like my neighbor, I was like, thanks for telling me, but yeah, it won't be chumped. Thanks anyway, by kind of thing.
Speaker 5: I started going back to cleaning, and then about like ten fifteen minutes later, something just hit me in the face and I was like, Mom, she was.
Speaker 3: Upstairs and I just screamed. I was like, get in the car. We got to go for a drive.
Speaker 5: So went down to the reef and there was like so much commotion going on down there. I was just thinking, Nah, this won't be chumped, Like he'll be helping. So Mom starts sprinting down to the beach. They were trying not to let her through. I was just I think by that point, I.
Speaker 3: Was a bit like fuck, I've got a really bad gut feeling that this is me, this his chump, Like no words for that. I just knew something really bad.
Speaker 5: It happened instantly, and then I thought back to that, like, I don't know, it was all just clicking in my soul, being that something fucked had just happened. And there was this cop, like a police right there, and I just said, what's happened down there?
Speaker 3: And he goes, oh, you know, we've found a body. We've got a body, We've pulled a body.
Speaker 5: And I said, well, my partner was spearfishing out there, and he straightaway said does he have any.
Speaker 3: Tattoos on his ribs?
Speaker 2: And I was just like, yeah, he's got an axe on his ribs and he just couldn't even look at me. He just turned around like walked away, and yeah, so that's I guess just I guess that was just the moment, and like, yeah, people were always like what was going through your head, and it's just nothing was going through my head. I was just so blank, and it's just crazy to even think back. So Mum came running back up the beach, and I think I was just in disbelief. I was just like I knew it because I read his face and he couldn't face me. Even the cop didn't want to tell me, like, yes, that's you know, But Mum just came running back up the.
Speaker 3: Beach and described me and her face said everything, and I was just.
Speaker 5: Like fuck no, like, surely I think what I was thinking, or I was just thinking, it'll just be one of those you know, we'll go to the hospital, he'll get like, you know, he'll come back, or he's just passed out for a.
Speaker 3: Minute or something like, you know, it's not that serious.
Speaker 2: And so, to be honest, the next hours after that a complete blur and days, but basically it eventuated.
Speaker 3: That it was chump and just been in shock ever since.
Speaker 2: ALIDI I'm so sorry to like, I'm so sorry to make you relive it and tell your story, because like, I don't think there will ever come a point in time where you'll be able to tell your story and it not just hit you in the heart. Because even listening to that britt and I have, I'm like, get your shit together, Brittany, you can't. Yeah, but it's it's not our story, you know, And like sometimes I feel guilty, thank you for being so upset for somebody else. And like in this case, like hearing you tell a story, like it's fucking heartbreaking because you put yourself in that position too, Like what if that or my family member?
Speaker 3: And I want to like normalize.
Speaker 5: I mean, I think it's therapeutic and healthy to talk about, Like it's so hard to talk about, but I get asked it all the time, So I think it's therapeutic to talk about because you know, there is PTSD either, And if I don't talk about it and normalize talking about it, people live with grief and trauma and they don't express it and bottles up inside them and it in turn, like later down the track that causes.
Speaker 3: Like disease in your own being.
Speaker 2: And also I think like we as a society, we're so adverse to talking about grief because it makes people uncomfortable, you know, like seeing somebody else's pain and dealing with somebody else's grief. It often will avoid asking big questions that result in them being upset because we kind of don't want to. We don't want to upset someone, but the hurt is still there regardless of whether you talk about it or not.
Speaker 3: How do you start?
Speaker 2: I don't even think you start, but like, where do you start to work through that grief? How do you start to kind of take a step each day that comes up? What's next?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I think, And everyone obviously handles these situations completely different. I've got widow friends that I've now met that have also lost the loves of their life, and I've met them on social media and so we've like banded together and we sit up late at night in chat and that's how That's literally how I got through at the start. But I remember the first I mean, I don't know if it was like the first night, but I just remember in general thinking how can I go back to our house and sleep in our.
Speaker 3: Bed and go back to like our life and our things like? But then also how can I not? Would I want to be anywhere else? Do I want to pack up everything and move?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: There was like all that going through my.
Speaker 5: Head, But the safest place for me felt like my room and our house was like my little sanctuary, and that's where I felt safest to grieve and to process everything. And I didn't want to even leave my house. I didn't want to do anything but be in our space. Weirdly, I don't know if it was because I felt like he was there, or I just felt like this protection in the house in such a vulnerable time where like I was just completely broken into pieces, and I was so glad I felt grounded in our house because I couldn't imagine and this would happen to a lot of widows or you know, people going through massive loss they need to up and move. And maybe also because COVID was around, I couldn't just fuck off overseas and like restart, and I had had our dog, and do you know what, my life essentially, apart from Chump being completely gone, I just kept doing what we would do every day. I just kept going to the beach in the morning with my dog and walking her and just keeping some sort of routine in my life. I had all my friends and family around me constantly. I was barely alone, you know what, you just keep going like I just didn't have a choice. And people are always like, you're so strong, You're so amazing.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I'm not amazing. I'm not strong.
Speaker 5: I just actually don't have a choice, and I think I'm such a rational, realistic person, and I was just like, I either die here today with Chump, like let my or not maybe not physically die, but like let myself just die, or I just.
Speaker 3: Pick myself up and I just keep going. Well that's my only option, right.
Speaker 5: Does it get easier though as time goes on, I feel like it did get harder a few months ago, like I was in so much shock for so long, so much shocked.
Speaker 3: I was honestly like a robot.
Speaker 5: I'd just be doing normal things, just out and about, kind of doing normal things. My friends would just be like staring at me, like how are you just you know, out for a coffee right now?
Speaker 3: Like what is going through your head?
Speaker 5: Like I was just on autopilot. It was like proper out of body experiences. I would kind of like watch myself from above, just doing normal things. But I'd also be thinking, like, how are we just out and about doing normal shit? Why a cafes even open right now? Chump's gone, like what? But I can't even explain it.
Speaker 3: It's the most crazy thing.
Speaker 2: But I think everybody does, like you said, everyone differently, and no one is ever gonna be able to understand what it's like. But were there ever moments where you felt guilty, like in terms of you were having fun with your friends, or you were laughing, or maybe you weren't thinking about him for ten minutes while you're doing something. Do you have moments of guilt like I shouldn't feel this reprieve and relief when he's not here.
Speaker 3: It's such a catch twenty two.
Speaker 5: So I'd find myself like out with friends, laughing my head off, having a great time just months after.
Speaker 3: But don't get me wrong, people would.
Speaker 2: Say like, hey, if you don't mind me asking like you know, or bring up chump or ask something, and I'd be like, hey, you're not reminding me, Like it's always here, it's right here. So yeah, I would be having fun and I would kind of feel guilty. But then when i'd go home and crawl into a hole or say whether I'm alone or with someone, and I'd like how or like just be super to have a really depressing day, or like a big wave of grief would come and I'd just be debilitated.
Speaker 3: I'd feel also so guilty about that because I don't want him.
Speaker 2: I just I don't want him looking down on me, like just kind of dying, you know, or yeah, so I don't know. I'd feel there's just literally no right or wrong. I felt so guilty about anything I did. Anyone knows that their loved ones are going to want them to be happy and move on. He's not going to want to ever see you upset, and that doesn't help the situation. It doesn't make you say a cool I won't be upset then, But I guess there is some comfort in that. Let's talk about this sperm retrieval. You guys had plans for a baby you had, and obviously that hadn't happened yet. I think ninety percent people are not going to know what it is or that it's an option. Well, originally, before hearing your story even today, and I've followed a lot of your story, I had thought that you guys had already gone down the process of IVF and that that had already been something they had his sperm or something already, so there was a decision about how to use it. I never realized that actually, after Trumpy had passed away, there was a period there where there was a conversation around sperm retrieval. Yeah, it's very limited, isn't it's like twenty four hours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have to do it really quickly.
Speaker 2: So is that like?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I honestly don't remember a great deal. So Chumpy's parents flew up straight away. They're down in like on the border of New South Wales and Victoria, So they flew up to the Gold Coast straight away, and in so much shock as you can imagine. Two of my friends, Laura and Chloe had floated the idea of sperm retrieval with my mum and my brother, and nobody had heard about it. Laura had by chance heard about it randomly and just maybe quickly researched it, figured out it was a thing, and then floated it with my mum and my brother.
Speaker 3: Everyone was kind of like, oh, that's so like do we ask her?
Speaker 2: I don't know, but we're talking about floating this idea is in like that day, aren't we? Like? The turnaround? Is that's not? Yeah? Like the turn This isn't like two weeks later. This isn't something you know, go back to.
Speaker 3: It is immediate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So it was you just found out that Chumpy had passed away. Yes, and your friends and family were thinking literally that same day, like, how do we bring this up with led? Pretty incredible, amazing that they have the capacity to think like that in such like diastraits.
Speaker 3: I remember my brother and I don't even know how I remember this. I remember sitting out on the back deck just like with my head in my knees and my brother coming up to me saying, I think there's like this way that we might be able to get chumpy sperm. And I didn't even let him finish this sentence. I was just like, go, yes, do whatever you have to.
Speaker 5: I don't know what that even means, Like, yes, sorted out with whoever you have to talk to. Yeah, just make it happen, pretty much. I just was like, that's that's the end of the conversation. Make it happen, please. So Trump's parents were obviously like all for it. Everyone knew we were trying for a baby already, so each month they were like, are you pregnant?
Speaker 3: Are you pregnant yet? Like you know, it wasn't like a secret that we wanted a family.
Speaker 5: Were trying for a while, and IVF was definitely on the cards because I had a low egg count, so it was literally going to be our next step just obviously.
Speaker 3: Didn't think I would be doing it alone.
Speaker 5: So yeah, they're all signing like you know, legal things, talking to the coroners, and I'd like to be honest, I don't even have to get my mum or Chloe on to tell you what they did, because I was not even mentally or physically there.
Speaker 2: That incredible, though, that you can just sit there and say and like that you have the people around you that are like, don't even think about it, just say yes and we'll sort it. And then you've just got friends and family that I can imagine the stress and anxiety for them also just saying cool, I have like twenty four hours to just get this done. And it blows my mind, like, what incredible village you have around you? How much time do you have so after somebody has passed away to be able to retrieve sperm for it to still be viable to use.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I don't know the exact timings. I mean, like legally, I think each state's different, but I think legally it has to be. Maybe they're no longer than thirty six hours.
Speaker 2: I think I did look this up, and I think for your state it was thirty six hours I'll double check that. But that's not long.
Speaker 3: No, that's not long at all.
Speaker 5: However, sperm apparently can stay alive for a number of days. I think, depending on the nature of the accident, it can survive within a person's body for a number of days. But like legally to retrieve it, Yeah, thirty six hours in Queensland, and we were so so lucky that the sperm was alive and healthy when the doctor yeah, retrieved it because I think he was so nervous that it was he wasn't gonna be alive.
Speaker 2: What was that like? That period of life? I guess when you've already decided you're gonna have a baby, you have all these plans, you have all these ideas for what your life is going to be. Then everything gets flipped on its head instantly. But you still have that opportunity, you say, like almost instantly you will like go and do it whatever you need to do. I still want to have this baby, I still want to do this. How are you able to like compartmentalize that so quickly.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, I had to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I had heaps of counseling, Like I wasn't feeling much at the fate at that moment, I was in so much shocked still, it was almost like I had to google how to grieve or like, I mean, obviously I didn't do that, but in my head, I was like, the biggest thing that ever happened to my life.
Speaker 3: Has just happened. Like this isn't normal at all. What am I going to do? I need help?
Speaker 5: So I started booking in psychology things and just trying to get my head straight. But it was way too early because I still didn't know what was going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was the weirdest thing I think.
Speaker 5: I think I was trying to get on the forefront of my grief, but I just had no idea the vortex that I was in, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I was so in it that I couldn't really It's.
Speaker 2: Like you were anticipating, yeah, grief, like you were anticipating, not that you hadn't felt it, but you were like, I know I'm gonna need it, but you hadn't even gone. You didn't even know what these processes were exactly.
Speaker 5: And I was so scared that because I'd felt nothing, nothing, nothing, my body was just protecting me like the shock mechanism. I thought that like a bus would hit me one day and I'd just be like completely just stabilitated by it.
Speaker 3: But basically, thank goodness, that didn't happen. It was more just like slow waves of grief started flurrying in and I stayed busy. I kept going. I said to someone the other day, like, I think I grieve on the go, Like I'm just really good on my feet. I don't really stop. I never did before.
Speaker 5: I was like always a very busy person and like super social too. So my friends just come along for the ride. And if I'm happy that day, I'm happy. If I'm having a moment that day, I'm having a moment, But we always do find a't to laugh or something like I'm not it's just super up and down, and they grieve with me, Thank goodness. So I felt like I was always able to express myself like clicked. One day, I felt like I was just like, no, the next step for me is I'm having Chump's kid, Like, oh, we've got the sperm.
Speaker 3: What am I waiting for? I'm young, I'm healthy.
Speaker 5: This is the time I want to bring a piece of him back. I don't want to wait any longer.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I just I felt set up and confident to do it, and I'm obviously I'll be grieving forever.
Speaker 5: It wasn't like, Okay, cool, I've accepted he's gone. I'm done grieving, let's go into the baby face. I was like, I'm just going to live life alongside this grief. Yes, I'm gonna be pregnant. Yes, my health will be like paramount, and I won't let like depression or anything get in the way of carrying like a healthy baby. But it's just like this ongoing thing that I would just steal with forever, I guess. And I think I've just accepted that, and I try and just live like a very full life alongside just missing him and pining for him. But they say that grief is just love that has nowhere to go. And I think having Mini, I've got someone to love and to cherish and to protect. And she's like, she's not chumpy, She'll never be chumpy. She'll never be like my husband or my person. But you know, I've got something to put my love and energy into and she's just the best thing in the world.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I'd do without her, or was there ever a time. Firstly, when you said there was one day where you were finally ready. What was the time period between that?
Speaker 3: And then?
Speaker 2: Secondly, was there ever a time like was it always yes, I'm having a baby, or was there any reservations ever about oh gosh, like I am going to look at a part of my past forever. Is that going to be too hard? Was there ever this question in your head?
Speaker 3: No? So yeah, I think we waited. I mean, wasn't even waited.
Speaker 5: But it was about six months after when I realized that I just need to go ahead and do the IVF and I cannot wait to be pregnant and carry his child and have Chump's baby, like we were always going to and like carry on our dream, and I wanted to.
Speaker 3: Carry on his legacy. I never wanted him to be the elephant the room.
Speaker 5: I never want to jump to just die and be gone, Like I just I want to forever be talking about him. Like when I talk about normalizing grief, I'm talking about always celebrating that person. I never want to stop talking about him, and his family is the same. We get together, We're always talking about him. I'd hate if my friends stop talking about him. It's never something I wanted to be like, Okay, that was a chapter in my life. By that happened, that was really sad. I don't want to talk about it. I want to talk about it forever. I want him to still be a massive part of my life forever. And we wanted a baby, so why not carry on our dream without him?
Speaker 2: Mini is like I mean I said, I got to hold her like she's it's incredible, Like having a baby is incredible. And no matter how a baby comes into the world, you have this moment where you're like, that's a fucking miracle, Like that human is a little miracle. Yours is genuinely a miracle. What was the process around? Is it normal IVF? Like what did you have to go through in order to make it happen? Yes?
Speaker 5: So, And this is where I learned a lot about IVF. My doctor had to do a process called IXY because the sperm was not like ejaculated. It was I don't know what you would call it, extracted, Yeah, extracted. So IXY is just a form of IVF and they do it with lots of guys who are alive. Their sperm may just work in a different way or not work when it's ejaculated or something. So it's called IXY, this procedure that they do with some types of sperm, and basically they have the egg and they get like the needle or something with the sperm in it, and they actually just puncture the actual egg and inject the sperm straight into the egg. So it's got the best chance of i don't know, like taking it fertilization. So that worked, Thank goodness, we fertilized a bunch of eggs. The first round of IVF didn't work. In the second round worked. But to be honest, when I signed up for IVF and I didn't have heaps of I mean, obviously I had all the time in the world, but I didn't have all the money in the world, and IVF is expensive, so.
Speaker 2: I was like, I'm not just going to push this thing uphill. If you know, if it's meant to be, it's got to happen in the first few rounds. I'm not going to do like ten rounds of this.
Speaker 5: Like lots people do IVF forever, and my heart goes out to them because it's hectic, all the hormones and everything you.
Speaker 3: Have to go through.
Speaker 2: So you had told yourself that you had said, look, up, I'm going to give it like four times or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hadn't said a specific number, but I was like, I can't afford to do too many rounds, so let's just give it a shot and see what happens. And it was just like a case by case situation. So first round didn't work, second round.
Speaker 5: Worked, and yeah, I just literally could not be more grateful because Chloe, like my best friend, is going through IVF so many.
Speaker 3: Fertility issues and it's massive. So many people go through rounds and rounds and around. So I feel so lucky that that happened on the second round.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's the thing, isn't it. It's like a we don't know what a fertility is. And like you said, you checked your account, I did the same. My phrase makes last year, I have a really low egccount. But there are so many women unfortunately that Anna's lucky in the sense that it took the second time. How many This is just like a bit of a medical curiosity question how much sperm do they extract in terms of like did you do you know that you only had say three or four embryos, or do you have an excessive amount of sperm that you could constantly try to make embros. So basically the doctor was able to extract like millions, I believe of little spermis amazing. You're like, I'll take my pick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hope could have a village.
Speaker 5: But of the million, say, for example, like if it was a million, I don't know how many million or whatever, but one percent of them were viable.
Speaker 3: But I guess that's still a shitload if you're talking about a million, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's great for you now, but it just sucks that the women we get these tiny amount of eggs, but men are just shooting out sperm Leffron and Center so much like they're getting millions of those bad boys. We're like lucky if we get some of us. A lucky if we can extract a few eggs.
Speaker 3: I know, it's not bloody fair. It's going to pop it.
Speaker 2: That's not fair. Okay, So you took the second time? Did you find out? I mean, we know now you have a beautiful little girl called Mini, But did you find out what.
Speaker 3: You were having?
Speaker 2: Did you keep it a surprise?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: I was always someone that was like I would never find out. I love surprises and Chumpy was like, nap, we would have to find out. He's so I think the athlete in him is like, you know, they have to control this situation, and like he doesn't like surprises.
Speaker 3: So he was always like, we'd have to find out, and I was like, I'm not letting you find out, Like you're just not finding out.
Speaker 2: So he was just like growing in me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get the last day.
Speaker 5: So he always like agreed to fine, it's going to kill me, but we won't find out. And yeah, of course he wasn't here, but I didn't find out, and it was just the best surprise not knowing.
Speaker 3: But by the end, I just knew she was a little girl. I knew it well.
Speaker 5: Everyone was saying boy, and I think that they wanted me to have a boy because of Chump, And I think at first I was like.
Speaker 3: Oh, if it was a little boy, that'd be so cool. But I'm so I just love that she's a girl.
Speaker 5: And the more like, as my pregnancy went on, I really felt that she was a girl and I was kind of getting a bit scared in case. I mean, obviously I would have been beyond stoked with whatever gender I got, but I feel like if I was Jump's little boy and Trump wasn't here, I'd feel like have heaps to like live up to be, like.
Speaker 2: How do I make you a world champion Olympia?
Speaker 5: And I don't want this boy to feel like he's filling a void or something like totally.
Speaker 3: I mean, look, Minnie could have been a boy.
Speaker 5: And I would be definitely not saying this and not even thinking it because I'd just be so beyond stoke to have a baby. But now that she's a girl, I am just so stoked and so glad. I've got a little like a little best.
Speaker 3: Friend, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: What was the day like when you went into labor and you went into the hospital to have Minnie? What was that process like for you? Like how was your labor? I'm such a perv for birth stories, but like what was your labor like? And what was the experience? Who did you have with you?
Speaker 3: My mum came into the birthing speech. She was like my person. She was amazing. She was so strong and just held me together.
Speaker 5: But I had like early labor at home from four am to four pm before we went into the hospital around four pm that day.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'm like, I'm done. Girlfriend, You've got no idea. Lady, Oh, I had definitely been off cooked.
Speaker 3: It's absolutely cooked it.
Speaker 2: I mean, either of you are selling this to me? Yeah, Laura, Like, if you want me to have a child and I've told you, I'll go back for another one, I'm gonna kidnap melodies in a second. Yeah, don't we Everyone's like it's the worst thing ever, but everyone goes back for more. Were siccos Well you forget it, But it's not just that you forget, it's the labor can be I mean, not everybody has a traumatic labor, but the labor is incredibly hard. But that feeling once you have a baby in your arms, there's no words for it's when you have me in your arms? Is that notcruit the same? Talk to me about that day.
Speaker 3: What was that as like for you?
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, so I labored at home for twelve hours and that was really just really bad period.
Speaker 3: Painted It honestly wasn't that bad.
Speaker 5: And I was just bouncing on the ball at home and my house is like all my friends are always around and I just love it like that. So it was kind of like people my friends were coming and going, like like I'm in labor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, literally, and they were just hanging around. I was in the pool.
Speaker 5: I was like, yeah, we were just moving around like I was trying to stay hydrated, and we were just kind of laughing at the fact that I was in labor, like sometimes I was really.
Speaker 3: Pain, Like hey, got now, it's not funny. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then it got to a point in the early AVA where I was like, guys, this is getting fucking serious now, like I'm not laughing you guys are out of here.
Speaker 5: Mum, Let's go to the hospital, Like yeah, so you got serious. Went to the hospital and she was posteria, going postia, did you have yes, my first one was posteria.
Speaker 2: Awful, poor thing.
Speaker 5: So I just had this thing like I'm so tough, I don't want drugs, like I'm doing this naturally.
Speaker 3: And I did do it all naturally. But I would never not recommend having a posterior baby naturally because.
Speaker 2: You're like someone doped me up right now, you know. Even my midwife said to me, and like they're all like midwives always like you to do a natural, but they never really want to push an epidural. No. And when I had my first one posterior and I was in so much pain. She was like, nobody ever has them naturally when they're posterior. Just get the drugs.
Speaker 3: And I was like, here, we're fucking seriously.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you are a wonder woman because it is an incredible amount of pain having a posterio baby.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, the spine pain and the leg pain like it. Honestly, I didn't feel like any of the contractions anymore because of the nerve pain. It was, oh my god, thinking back to that, just like I'm hurting.
Speaker 3: I'm petrified, I have my eyes.
Speaker 2: If anyone seens like I'm wide open, I like.
Speaker 3: Just have her out the sun roof neck like just sex. Like just went that.
Speaker 2: And So the name Minni was that something that you guys had discussed, Like had you decided on names before this all happened, or was that something we came up with for some reason.
Speaker 5: Well, we had a list of names, like as so many couples do, but we were really serious about our list because.
Speaker 3: We were trying for a baby. But no, Minnie actually wasn't on our list.
Speaker 5: But I've always loved the name Mini, and it just felt so right because she's like Minnie, him like Minnie Alex Pulling is her full name.
Speaker 3: So oh god, I hadn't thought liked you, you know, I thought about that.
Speaker 2: I doesn't want to cry again. I don't know why I didn't think about.
Speaker 3: It like that. Someone literally came up to me, like someone the other day was like to me, oh my gosh, did you realize, like her name's Minni and then his name's on the back of it, so it's like she's a mini hymn. And I was like, yeah, you fuck?
Speaker 2: Thanks?
Speaker 3: Are you having alarm? I was like, nah, I didn't think about that.
Speaker 2: I guess when I look at the name and heard it, I didn't put it all together. I was just like Minnie cause my friend's name. Kids names Minni, And I was like, oh, that's such a cut name. I didn't think of it as it it's a mini Pulland no, I didn't think of it like that. Earliant. Now I'm so dumb, but like, well done, you're a genius.
Speaker 3: But I mean, you don't need to be thinking about my kid's name that, of course.
Speaker 5: But of course I am thinking about all the you know how you think about like the nicknames it could get called later, and like I was thinking about the name a lot obviously, so that was the point of the name. But he loved the name Ava for a girl, so that was my other name that I had, and I was thinking Ava alex pulland for a girl.
Speaker 2: With this whole like, I mean, your life has just changed so much in the space of a year and a half. What has it been like bringing a baby into the world as pretty much a single mom and not doing it in the traditional way. When we think of single moms, I think we usually think of relationship breakdowns. We don't normally think of being a single mom. But being a widow, especially not this young as well, you know, I think that when we think of widow as, we usually think of our parents' age, losing their partners. What has this experience been a mum, but being a single woman doing it in your own really been.
Speaker 3: Like few It's just been such a whirlwind.
Speaker 5: I think every first time mum would say that, even if they're in a partnership, like a relationship or not. I mean, look, I've missed him more than ever lately, and I think having many coming down to Sydney when she was so young, doing that on my own, well, actually I flew up a friend to drive down with me.
Speaker 3: Thank goodness. She's amazing.
Speaker 5: But yeah, just all the little things, like, you know, she started to smile, she's starting to make heaps of noises, She's getting chubbier and cuter, and I've got all these little nicknames for her, and all the little steps and Christmas and news and events like that. Are always just the hardest when you're grieving someone because you're just missing them and they should be there for those times and they're not.
Speaker 3: And this is like the funnest time of the year.
Speaker 5: He's usually home for the Christmas period and we're usually just having the best summer. So lately I've been really kind of struggling without him here, and it just happens that Minnie's been born as well, and there's a lot of times where Minnie's having a witching hour and I'm trying to settle her, and I'm so tired and I'm cranky, and I'm like, fuck, I just I wish he was like here, so he could, you know, help settle her and I could have a minute away. But thank god, I've got amazing support, so I often am not alone and I am getting heaps of help. But yeah, it definitely like lately, like how am I I'm missing him more than ever right now, Like this has definitely been the hardest few months, just a bit like fuck, I wish you were here, But also, weirdly, the best time of my life has also been since Minnie's been born, because everyone would say that, like.
Speaker 3: I feel like I live too.
Speaker 5: I don't know, I've got so much going on that like this is so fucking hard, and this is also the best time in my life. And they're just these two massive emotions are just co existing and it's just up and down.
Speaker 2: But that's the thing. Feelings, all feelings, but grief and happiness. They're not interchangeable. It doesn't have to be one or the other. Like you said, you can have in one day, you could be howling like you are, and then at the same time exactly, I don't have to be. It doesn't have to be one or the other.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 2: I feel like even in that moment of like having a baby, the pure happiness of having many in the world, but then probably alongside the sadness that Chumpy wasn't there to experience.
Speaker 3: It with you, exactly.
Speaker 5: Pulling her out was the best I straightaway saw Chumpy's eyes in her and I was like, I have a baby, well like euphoric as we spoke about before, but also seeing it was I felt like I saw him in her eyes straight away. So it was just like simultaneously the best and saddest moment in the happiest, Like the happiness is always going to trump the sadness for me for sure.
Speaker 2: And also like on top of that, you're throwing in without any trauma or tragedy, You're throwing in just like hectic hormones that your body is experiencing anyway, Totally, Yeah, you are just a superwoman. And I know you say that when people say this to you that you're like, I'm not a hero, I'm not brave, I'm not doing anything. But you are probably not giving yourself enough credit for how you have handled this situation and what you've achieved and what you are achieving even coming here today to relive this with us. Like you just said, you're not in the best place right now, even though you're happy. You're having moments of sadness, and you're going through a lot of things in your life, but you've still come here, You've still turned up. Mini is sleeping in the back room with my dog with pretty Sekisha alone. She's not just just leave me in the room next door with the dog. But you're not giving yourself enough credit. But would you go again? Would you think you'll have more little Mini Chumpy Chumpies?
Speaker 5: I mean, at the moment, I'm thinking, I'm just so stoked with just one, and she's perfect, and I just feel so lucky to have her and I am alone, and I just think having her little companion like just is so perfect. So I'm not thinking at the moment that I could have more. But yeah, never say never, because I do have the sperm there, I've got more eggs.
Speaker 3: I really could have more Chumpies.
Speaker 2: Is there any limitations on how long in the future you can use the sperm or is that something that's like.
Speaker 3: They're on ice, they're on nice, but forever I could ten years time.
Speaker 2: What has your relationship been like And obviously you have such a strong relationship with Chumpi's family, but since having Mini, how are they able to be involved in her life?
Speaker 5: If I didn't have Mini, I would always be super close with Chump's family. They're absolutely legends and we're just really close, like Chump and his family are thick as thieves.
Speaker 3: They are so tight. They've got the most beautiful.
Speaker 5: Family and relationship and no matter what, Like yeah, as I said, if I didn't have Minni, I'd always be super tight with them. They live down the coast, so it was always like a road trip down to them, and then we get that quality time together. So it wouldn't be that I'd see them every day. So they probably won't get to see like Mini every day because we live so far away, but we talk all the time on the phone. We're up and down the coast whenever we can be hanging out. I feel like for them, Minnie's just you know, they have lost their son, like it's the worst thing ever, and they're so completely broken, and yeah, you look into their eyes and you can just feel the void and the sadness, like it's absolutely it's heavy. And Chump's got a beautiful sister too, and they are so close and they're so similar in so many ways and so different.
Speaker 3: When I'm with them, i feel like I'm with Chump in a way. They're so beautiful.
Speaker 5: I think that having Mini for them just gives them, like you know, of course they have a purpose, but it gives them a reason to look to the future and to smile and to It's just given them a whole new well, it's given us all and like my family too, just a whole new I don't know life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, lace of life and happiness.
Speaker 2: But it's also like a living piece of memory as well. I don't know that that's almost a weird way of putting it, but like, unless you've been through it, I cannot imagine what it would be like to lose a child at any age, you know, and that's just not how it's supposed to be, having their child, to be able to pour your love into and like what you said earlier about the whole grief being this love that has nowhere to go, like Mini has created that and provided that for your family as well, and it's just incredible. She's going to be the most spoilt love.
Speaker 3: It's incredibly a little spoilt brat.
Speaker 2: One thing I wanted to ask you in regards to like social media, which might be a bit of a weird turn, but you have been really open with your journey. You've spoken about it on Darlingshaw and your podcast, You've spoken about it on social media, have you ever received any negativity around the science behind how it all kind of came about? As in, like, has there ever been anyone that's like, you know that there's a moral conversation around extracting sperm? And like where is the Yeah, like what's the line where who gets to decide whether that is alway isn't okay? Well, I think, like I'll get to that, And I mean I think ultimately it's like mine and Trump's family's decision for sure, and the people that know him in our relationship, this is exactly what he would want and we just don't have a doubt in our mind about that. But yeah, like morally, so I think on Instagram, I don't get any I don't cop any of that moral stuff from anyone.
Speaker 5: But on Facebook. And I don't even go on Facebook. I'm such an Instagram person. I never go on Facebook.
Speaker 3: But apparently on.
Speaker 5: Facebook, whenever there's articles about me on there, apparently there's heaps. And I don't know if it's a generational thing because actually I don't really know, but I think maybe more the older generation hit up Facebook a bit more, and maybe they're not okay with it. Maybe they're more traditional and there's heaps of I think there's heaps of hate on there.
Speaker 2: I think it also comes from a lack of understanding though, and like, yeah, generational, one hundred percent, it could be. But like you said, you know, you and your families are the only people who know the situation and can make that right decision. But I was always curious because I just feel like when you are so open about something that is completely vulnerable, we open ourselves up so people's opinions, and that can be a really like it can be a really challenging thing, especially when it's something that's so personal and so beautiful and so healing to where you are in your life to even allow anybody who's from outside your world to infiltrate that. But it goes for anything. It's not even like, guess, just your extraordinary situation. Any decision that any couple or any person who's making is their decision, it's their family. Like, but we live in a world where people feel like they're entitled to make an opinion on everything. They're keyboard warriors, and like really like fuck off. I mean, like all these people that think they can go on someone's page like yours and give their opinion can fuck off.
Speaker 5: Oh absolutely, I couldn't give two fucks what anyone thinks. Like, I know I've done the right thing, and I'm so stoked on what I've done. I literally does not bother me tiny bit. But what I was going to say back to that was when I was going to announce my pregnancy, I did have a bit of a thing in my head. Am I going to be completely transparent and tell everyone what's happened and spread awareness on sperm?
Speaker 3: Betraval Or?
Speaker 5: Part of me was thinking, should I just let everyone make up their own mind really and believe that we were doing IVF already and like, I don't know, maybe we already had the sperm and just not be open. But I knew that there'd be questions and I wouldn't be able to just like lie or like not tell the truth. But I did think about going down like like kind of be a bit ambiguous about how it happened.
Speaker 2: But also, like you said, I think when you've sat in that level of grief you've lost your partner, you also know how helpful that information could be to somebody else's life and what that would mean to another woman who's going through loss and also knowing the time restrictions and time restraints around it, because I'm sure that there will be people who have experienced this and didn't know it was an option and missed the chance to have the life that you have with the baby that you have. I get messages like that all the time, like, Wow, thank you for spreading awareness on this because I lost my partner a few years ago.
Speaker 3: I would have done this if I knew.
Speaker 2: You know, and hindsight is a bitch. Yeah, Like if you don't when you don't know, many people say that. For another question, regarding the sperm retreatment, you and Chumpy weren't married technically, but in every other sense you were obviously like husband and wife, Like yeah, you were that tight knit community. Yeah? For literally, like the legal process was it enough that you guys would de facto for you to decide that this was okay? Or did you still have to get official documents signed by his family? So if somebody was going through this right now, I've then lost their partner and they said yes, I want to do this, even if they've been with them ten years, does someone from his family still have to say, well, I'm okay with it? Like if they said no, would it have been able to be possible?
Speaker 3: Still, Well, I think because we were de facto and had like so many basically a billion other pieces of paper apart from marriage that mean that we're together, like you know, mortgages and banks and everything like that. It would have been fine. But just under the time constraints.
Speaker 5: Having his parents there to quickly do extra quick sign off to give an approval kind of thing.
Speaker 3: It definitely just gave us the go ahead. But it would have been okay, I believe because we were like married in every other sense and every other sense, and Mini's just having a little squawk in the well we're almost done.
Speaker 2: Well, Eli, I just want to know what is next for you? What's the next step for you and Minnie.
Speaker 5: M I just want to pour everything into Minni and our life and bringing her up and just give her the best life ever.
Speaker 3: By the beach. I don't really know what is next for us, actually, I just you.
Speaker 2: Don't have to decide now, like, oh my god, now, I mean maybe gets in sleep because they have newborn baby things. One day at a timeline.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the.
Speaker 5: Thing with grief and everything I've gone through, it's just literally one foot in front of the other.
Speaker 3: For me, I actually do struggle.
Speaker 5: Well, I think before I had Minni, I fully struggled to look into the future because it just scared me. But now I have Mini, I feel so strong about our future and I don't really care what else happens as long as I've got her and she's got me, and we're just gonna be happy and healthy together.
Speaker 2: With our dog. Well, you, guys, I'm sure every single one of you is going to want to know more about this incredible story and your life and Minnie's life, and you can listen to it on the podcast. You have a podcast called Darling Shine. Yes it is, and it has been dominating the podcast sharts. So if you're a podcast listener, you would have seen it where else? And people find you? What is your Instagram? Obviously don't use Facebook, but and not literally like don't give your house address, but where else can people? Oh my god, that was such a bad joke come and knock on my front door? She did say that the house is always open. Alerdi loves to drop by.
Speaker 5: My instagram is ledeald Y Underscore. I think, yeah, you can find me out Darling Shine.
Speaker 3: The podcast Choke my address up there too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Alerdie, thank you so much, Thank you so much for coming today, for sitting in our house, in BRIT's house in the studio, for bringing Minni and letting me have a cuddle, but just for sharing your story and for walking us through so much of what you have experienced in your life. I know you say that it's not an incredible thing, or that you're not strong, but you did have a choice. You chose to continue to put one step in front of the other, and a lot of people in your situation wouldn't be able to do that. So I just yeah, so much respect and admiration for you. And before we go, you do have is there, correct me if I'm wrong? A documentary coming out?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, a book or you've got like a bit going on. So a documentary did come out, came out. Channel seven produced it called Bubba Chump and you can watch that on YouTube.
Speaker 2: Amazing and lad that to the list.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my widow friend in the UK, Lottie, and we actually did.
Speaker 5: We started writing a book months ago, just like in the thick of our grief, like late at night, we just started writing shit down and basically we've got this e book out she lost Ben, her beautiful partner, about four months after Chump passed away, and we felt like everyone told us that there was like this pattern to how you grieve, like the six stages of grief, and you reach this acceptance phase and everything's fine. But we definitely don't believe that grief is linear. There's no rule book to grief. They say that you feel like all these emotions in order, and then you like tick them off the list and you keep going. And I feel like I feel all of the emotions in any given minute, in any given day, like all the time. They come back to bite me when I think they're done. And there's definitely no rule book to grief, and it's literally just about survival, like just surviving the first few months. So when Chump first passed away, I wish that I had a resource like this, So we decided to create one, and it's called now What and you can click I guess like the link in my bio. I think the website's called now What grief dot com.
Speaker 3: We'll pop it in the.
Speaker 2: Show notes as well. Crying in the room, we better go and grab it. Thank you so much for coming and being a part of the pod. We've loved having you.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, girls, it's been so good.
Speaker 2: You know that we never finished an episode without our suck and our sweet, our highlight and our low light of each and every week. Brittany, what is your suck? My suck is the Lilah, my cute little puppy dog. Also like, I like that you're just gonna talk about your dog in a suck, But haven't actually really talked about the fact that you got a dog yet? Have we not not really got a dog? It's like being this kind of sordid secret. Look, I got a dog a little while ago, a couple of months ago, but she was living over at Ordan's house most of the time because I couldn't have her in my house. She just used to come for visits and they looked after her and Produce Akisha would also kidnap her and juice a. Keisha takes her a lot. It's taken us a little while to kind of explain to Produce Akisha that she's not the mom of Delilah.
Speaker 3: I think this first, I'm hearing.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, we have a contract. I'm her secondary care giver. Actually, that's the contract in Keisha's head.
Speaker 4: But yes, I only post a photo of Delilah and everyone's like, why are you taking photos of Keisha's dog.
Speaker 2: No, she's been around for a while, but like, I just feel like we just had a few private months bonding together. I didn't want to launch her on you know. I was really protective. You know how some parents are like, I don't want to put the kids on the internet. I was like, just really protective. You're like posting photos of Dalila with like a face, like an emoji open her face so that no one knows her identity. Anyway, I've hard launched Delilah. I've hard launched. But the reason she's my suck this week, she's my suck and my sweet But the reason she's my suck is because she annihilated my plants. And you guys know that, like, plants are my pride and joy in my house is like a jungle. I wake up in the morning and she's just gone to town on them. So Britt's house now looks like Maddie Jay's house. When he tries to take care of plants, they're all they're all destroyed. And it makes me feel good because my house is thriving at the moment, and like this one. I have this one beautiful big palm, like beautiful, did not look like it should have been in a house, but for some reason, it was the happiest plan I've ever had, and she just went to town on it. So I've had to like pull them all back. She's looking a bit dead now, but I have hope. I think BRIT's like underselling this. This was like a five hundred dollars bird of paradise plant that was bigger than me. And she's maw has one leaf. It's so sad anyway, and one of the one leaves half eaten, and I'm just trying to like bring it back. So that's my stack. But my sweet is obviously just I'm obsessed with Delilah. So she's the best thing, and she's my best little friend. And it's so nice. I live alone, so it's so nice to have some company. Dogs. They're hard work. I feel like it's a kid like having that puppy again. I forgot what it was like, just the constantly having to be there and take it outside and do everything, keep it alive, keep it alive, and like to go not leave it alone. All this sort of stuff. But yeah, so I'm just happy she's my sweet. Now she's wake up and she's there. She's got the cutest face I've ever seen the world. But that's it. What's yours? Okay? My suck for the week? I mean it's pretty obvious. I think moving house, unpacking. Actually, do you know what it wasn't me you head into the cement wall. I'm gonna make it very specific. Unpacking. My bathroom box was my suck with the week because so many of my toiletries I hadn't put the lid on properly and they were all leaked throughout the one box, which everyone knows. It's like, that's the shittiest thing when you travel or you pack or anything. Finding like an entire thing of moisturizing cream that's just emptied out onto the rest of your makeup shit. Was myself. It's the worst one. It's in your suitcase, like when you've done an international flight. Do you know what's even worse when you mix all your clothes and your makeup shit and everything in the same box and it's all over all your podcast equipment. Yeah, literally, there it is moisturizing cream. My sweet for the week is Okay, now I feel stupid because mine was also plant related, but I'm so who are we thirty year old women. I'm so excited that we have a backyard that, like my plants, are now thriving. I have rehabilitated a fit. Anybody who's been following, I mean, they've rather have been here three days. Okay. When we walked into this house, Guys, there was a fiddle fig that was inside this house. And the house has been obviously locked up for a couple of weeks, and it was in dire straits, and I have already brought it back to life in three days. It's looking great. So lived that fiddlefig came with the house. That fiddlefig came with the house. I would have moved here for that plan, do you know why? Because it was so fucked when we arrived, and now look at it. I'm glad that all you were to name it Jesus. It took three days to resurrect, and that's it. I'm just so happy that we're finally in a bigger place. I'd been putting it off for so long because, like I said on last week's episode, I'm just such a creature of habit I hate I don't like moving. I don't like new things. I like to go to my same coffee shop. I like to do the same thing. I like to eat the same thing for breakfast every day. Laura's gone to a whole new suburb. I'm far from Bondai people. Actually I'm not in three kilometers, but anyway, it feels very different. But I'm loving it. I'm so happy that we're in a bigger space and we have a yard. It's just like it's changed my whole outlook. I'm very, very happy. And that is it from us.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 2: If you want to write in your questions for ask on Cut, send them into the Instagram Life on Cut podcast. Just put ask on Cut at the top. We want your accidental unfiltered we want your confessionals, you want any funny shit that has happened to you. All go into the dms. If you're not part of the Facebook group either, it is a Life on Cut discussion group on Facebook, so where you're at, that's where all the juice goes down. And also, Maths is starting this week and I'm pretty fucking excited about it. Just going to say that we will be having some discussions about maths in the Facebook group if you want to jump in there as well. We have a friend on there, don't we. Oh, we'll tell you about that next week though. Anyway, guys, that is it from us. If you've loved the episode, which we really hope that you did, Interviewing Ality was just such it was just such a joy. She's a wonderful woman, please jump on Apple podcast, leave her of you. You can leave her review on Spotify as well, and you know the drill, so your mum Te Dante Dante friends and share the love because we the baa baa baa