Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Why are you wearing a life checket?
Speaker 3: Today?
Speaker 4: No one's talked more about stephan a Berg than this show this week?
Speaker 3: Are you a cow? My son can touch?
Speaker 5: The Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Monday morning five. When it's past six, it's gold or one oh four point three, it's a Christian O'Connell show. Come on in Jack morning, guys, come on in pass morning. Now tell me this Patsy.
Speaker 6: I know you went round you the Worriby love God and ordered to see purchucer Kadian's new home. What did you see about the conditions of this the Pampa dog.
Speaker 2: Henry boy, you've got no idea. This dog has a matching bed to Caitlin's.
Speaker 3: Now, what do you mean? Okay, break this down?
Speaker 2: What do you mean the same material? So Caitlin has purchased this beautiful bed, absolutely stunning stud the very modern, cutting.
Speaker 4: Edge, very nice one technology.
Speaker 2: Head as in nineteen eighties, no as in I don't know what they call it. It's like, no, it's not How would you describe it? How would I describe it? Very minimalist, very modern, but it's like a fabric. So the actual bed base has no head, which apparently is you don't have a backboard anymore. That's like old anymore. Well it's old fashioned apparently.
Speaker 6: The graphs now, all the money, all the people invested in headboards, we went on head.
Speaker 3: Seriously, taken a bar but it goes no.
Speaker 2: But it's fabric. It's like a bubbly fabric. And they've got these modern chairs made out of the same sort of fabric. I don't know what it's called, but.
Speaker 3: Quite the talk of wabe. These new people with their new way of Dangelo's moved in next door. They don't have a head.
Speaker 2: Apparently anyway. Henry's bed, which is like just a meter from her bed, is made of the same stuff. It looks like they've got matching beds.
Speaker 7: It's very cool.
Speaker 3: So has that been bought or made?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think she's bought it.
Speaker 3: What a small dog basket she's in there, Kaitlyn.
Speaker 2: It's called boot clay, right, What's what's b clay.
Speaker 8: It's a type of fabric, so it's just a bit it's like bally kind.
Speaker 3: Of I think I know the thing you mean.
Speaker 8: Actually it's beautiful. So yeah, purchased our bed and just by chance, we also purchased one that was exactly the same.
Speaker 6: So is it sold as a dog bed or as a thing for a child?
Speaker 8: No, no, no, it's a proper dog bed.
Speaker 3: Wow and actual sort of proper but the same fabric. Is it nice?
Speaker 8: It is beautiful and Henry absolutely loves it.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised though, the way that you treat that dog that he doesn't sleep tucked in next to you every night.
Speaker 6: Yeah, with an eye mask and he's got that thing having the six where they wax their tach and a hairnet as well, and he's like moisturizing with his paws.
Speaker 4: And then to give him plenty of space, Caitlyn has to curl up in the dog bears.
Speaker 2: No, Caitlyn, it's I'm so happy for you. It's a beautiful home and it's there's you walk in the front door and you can just feel the love. It's just a really happy space. But he does have his little feeding station in the kitchen as well, with a special well. He's got a special place smash and different plates with different cuisine. No, come on, very organized, very not like our dog. We just like chuck a bone out in the backyard and close the door. No, this dog, he's royalty.
Speaker 6: Wow we what do you mean he's got to Caitlin. He's got his own feeding station.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So his grandparents bought him like a match his grandparents.
Speaker 3: I'm so confused.
Speaker 6: Now, you're blowing the line between actual humans and dogs.
Speaker 8: So my partner's parents bought him a mat that actually cleans his feet while he eats.
Speaker 3: I'd like that. I want a mat that cleans my feet. How does it clean his feet? What he eats?
Speaker 8: It's just made out of like I don't know, some sort of fabric that were his pools, like dripping, like go into it when they're a bit wet from being outside, and it basically just dries it while he stands there first.
Speaker 6: That one of those sort of you know, sort of things you had to walk through when you used to go swimming with the school to get rid of our face foot They've.
Speaker 3: Got one of those incredible scenes.
Speaker 6: Come on Monday morning, ten minutes past six, Christian O'Connell's show on Gold. Next week you find out can someone hit tennis ball over the year or the longest serve on Wednesday.
Speaker 9: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: Your wife turned on to pick you up to take you away for the weekend to Port Philow and we saw your beautiful son Gordon. Now I saw him in November. You brought him in one Friday, and he's already grown a lot more angels quick, he knows a lot more words, and just how he can be with people. Really, my daughter was here and we had a lovely oness an hour with you and your wife and Gordon. What a gorgeous family.
Speaker 4: He loves coming in here, guys, thank you for having him.
Speaker 3: Joy.
Speaker 4: He's so giggly with you all. And he gets like sits behind the microphone, pretends he's talking into it. He gets a pen out.
Speaker 6: I guess these are like new toys, aren't they. Yeah, I notice as well.
Speaker 3: We did a doodle or a notepad. And when I came in this morning.
Speaker 6: I saw it and I thought, what a lovely gift he's giving you for when he come into work today.
Speaker 4: I'm going to tear this out. And I mean, we've got plenty of these doodles, because he's picking up pens and drawing on furniture and the cupboards and the house.
Speaker 3: But there's a real young Banksy.
Speaker 4: There's something really nice about this one that it's like he did a gift for me to see it. Monday morn.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so you were on your way and you were going to stop him because a lot of people call him the show Friday and recommend that you stop at the farm, this dairy farm because Gordon lights cows.
Speaker 4: Yes, cold and meat farm. Thank you to everybody who recommended it. We really loved it there, although I didn't get the moment that I was hoping for with him, because he's only seen cows on YouTube and in cartoons so far and in books. I thought when he saw a real cow he would his mind would explode. But I guess to him, a cow on TV is a cow in real life. There's not much difference. Because he was just like, oh cow, and then.
Speaker 3: This is bullshit? No, then he in the car.
Speaker 4: Honestly, he was more interested.
Speaker 6: About that radio studio. He was trying to snap that microphone. He was sweeting think of it.
Speaker 3: He can't do much that was studio because so Timbo.
Speaker 4: Anyway, he looked at the cows for you know, less than a minute, and then he was stepping in puddles, picking up a witch's hat, climbing on logs, that sort of thing. But we we did love it down there. The problem is you can't get right up close to him, probably for safety. It makes sense big animals, cow can't just trample the kids there.
Speaker 6: Why would they not have any kind of ruling about this or just traveling these poor kids?
Speaker 4: Maybe if he was able to get up close in personal them the only one.
Speaker 3: Who don't want to courage I'm not gonna sign.
Speaker 6: Would that be like no entry side get puss in the cows.
Speaker 3: Don't be doing that.
Speaker 6: And certainly no kids ever trampled here Heaven forbid, No, no, no, no trampling.
Speaker 3: And don't bloody get pursed for those girls.
Speaker 6: Okay, when I go out west, go reeled out far west, goal seriously West.
Speaker 4: You are allowed to touch the goats though, so he was handing.
Speaker 3: Me go.
Speaker 6: Just impurely a consensual feeling.
Speaker 4: The goats they stick their heads the fence and they glory.
Speaker 6: No, this is this is a great fun hangout there, isn't it yet? So did he feed the goats? You go and buy the food. We used to take the kids like some sort of walking fire where you can buy like the feed and you go and feed the goats.
Speaker 4: We didn't buy the food because it got about ninety cents or one dollar twenty. There was lots of food like other kids had dropped.
Speaker 2: You are shocking, don't wear Oh no, that's a cow.
Speaker 3: Don't clean yet.
Speaker 2: Not Was it like a dollar or two dollars or something?
Speaker 3: It would have been no more than a.
Speaker 9: Dollar fifty Christian Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Talking about cows. Do you remember years ago?
Speaker 6: I think it was when I first started in twenty eighteen there was that mega cow.
Speaker 3: Was it Nichols? It was enormous.
Speaker 6: I was just suddenly thinking, why what's the word mega cow coming to me of this enormous cow?
Speaker 3: So I knew it was him in Australia.
Speaker 4: He was a Guinness World Record hold, wasn't.
Speaker 3: I think it was something like fifteen hundred kilos.
Speaker 6: It was like a ton and hour and it was like they were like cows and there was just like what the bloody head is that it was like some sort of mechanical you found it was it Nickers If you look.
Speaker 4: It was Nickers. It was great memories fifteen hundred kilos.
Speaker 6: Because it was because it was such an annoyancement way. It's a ton and a half.
Speaker 4: It's two meters tall. On the cows could walk under his belly.
Speaker 3: Still remembered Nickers the cow.
Speaker 6: Oh, we're going to open up lines around now then for knock on Monday. So if you're already at work or you're on your way in right.
Speaker 3: Now at six point thirty, give us a call.
Speaker 6: We have prizes for the secret workers of Melbourne on nine four one four one oh four three spinal ease pillows, the world's greatest pillow pats.
Speaker 3: He made a mistake. You try to go cheaper at the weekend.
Speaker 2: I lined up at Eldie Saturday morning at eight thirty because special Byesday, Wednesdays and Saturdays they were having pillows. The last we got to know about this because you get the catalogs in the mailbox junk mail.
Speaker 3: You're the person's keeping the industry going. I still wonder, like who is going through this stuff?
Speaker 2: I love it. Put it up on the fridge so I don't forget. We got our last pillows at Alien. Honestly, they've been brilliant and so I thought, you know what, that's been a few years. You should turn them over so I wanted to get the love God. These pillows that are called the anti snare pillow. I don't want to go and get in one of those. He's a shocking snorer. They don't work. He snoils, still snoring.
Speaker 3: How was it going to work though with a mere pillow? No, it's like Jack, he needs the machine.
Speaker 2: He is going to the doctor for that. It's got a special shape that encourages you to sleep on your side and.
Speaker 3: A metal spike and make unique contour.
Speaker 4: Or pillow should be the same shape.
Speaker 6: Just pillow. The technology hasn't moved on. Pillows be pillowing.
Speaker 2: It's meant to position your neck in a certain way that opens sleep more.
Speaker 3: Like in UFC. Is it an arm or something? You trap them in it?
Speaker 4: Come along now that they don't work, I could have told you that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly saved the time.
Speaker 9: Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 6: Christian, I heard you five minutes ago talking about flashback to Nickers.
Speaker 3: The Cow is a big sensation of twenty eighteen.
Speaker 6: Probably the biggest star in Australia in twenty eighteen was Nickers. The Cow seem to be a rutman for the DSUs share the Grundy thing didn't work out, they're.
Speaker 3: Going to try a two meter talk cow Christian.
Speaker 6: I used to live over there and near where Nickers is from, and Nickers would come out to the local show.
Speaker 3: What did he make us up?
Speaker 6: Was wander over and we would line up to take photos with telling it probably going to be in this year's trically come dancing or you know, in the jungle, and I'm a celebrity, be one of the more recognizable.
Speaker 3: Stars that Nickers.
Speaker 6: Some of their bows got no idea who that is, but that's Nickers. Can we find out what's actually happened to Nickas? Is Nickas still with us?
Speaker 3: I know he's big back in twenty eighteen. Yeah, Nickcas is still going strong. Yeah yeah, it's still a big star of in Wa.
Speaker 10: Yeah yeah, yeah he's been I think he's gone overseas as well.
Speaker 4: He last started in Wyoming.
Speaker 3: What's he doing over there?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 4: American Cow shows.
Speaker 3: His toys coming on nation. All right, we're doing Knock on Monday.
Speaker 6: So if you're at work right now, we have prizes for you nine four one four one oh four three. We've got special Knock on Monday mugs or we can have a spinal ease.
Speaker 3: Pillow if you like. Good morning to Sharon.
Speaker 11: Good morning. How are you this morning?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm good. Showon. And how was your weekend Sharon? What was the best thing you did over the weekend?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 11: I went to spend some time with my children, which was fabulous. That we did go shopping and cost me a fortune. But anyway, that's okay.
Speaker 3: And are your work already? Who do you work for? Sharon?
Speaker 11: I work with Victoria Police, but I think it works for quite some time already, so I've been here since six a.
Speaker 3: M oh wow. Okay, Now your choice.
Speaker 6: You can have both the mugg and knock on Monday mug or you can have the pillow or both.
Speaker 3: It's up to you.
Speaker 11: I'm going to try the pillow. I have spent a fortune trying to find the right pillow, so I feel like this could be the right one. So I've just got my fingers crossed.
Speaker 3: Good luck. We'll have you get on well with your new pillow. A great night sleeper. Wait, all right, have a good week, Sharon. Thanks you on the show.
Speaker 9: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Daniel.
Speaker 12: Good morning morning, Christian.
Speaker 3: Good morning, So Daniel you're a baker.
Speaker 12: Yes, we've been works in three in this morning, yeltomers.
Speaker 3: And who do you work for? Well?
Speaker 12: Worse than Grandla and cranb West tell me this right?
Speaker 3: I love hot cross bunds. Do you guys like a hot cross bund?
Speaker 12: Yea the proven already?
Speaker 3: Do you get that? You get them when they're really hot, you get that butcher on them?
Speaker 12: Nice to have them.
Speaker 4: Do you like the raisins though?
Speaker 3: Or no? No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: It's all different sorts now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I'm telling you now, I think that hot crosponds should be available all year round, not just come on.
Speaker 2: Don't be like that on mosting day, which was ridiculous.
Speaker 12: Yeah, that's yeah, I agree, Patrick, I agree.
Speaker 4: What is it harder to make than your regular bun?
Speaker 3: Is it? Dan?
Speaker 12: They're not harder to make. It's just it adds more to your production. Because you've got the normal what you have to make every day. Then you've got another three or four more varieties you have to make of something else that. It just adds more more hours to your day. But at all good, it's not fun.
Speaker 6: Well, Daniel, I appreciate the extra production being had because I love the hot crosponds.
Speaker 3: Glad to hear it now, Daniel, what do you want to pillow?
Speaker 6: If you get up at three am when you start working, then do you want the spine leaves pillow?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I love a pilo because I'm having trouble sleep and I've just done a sleep study like Jacket, and I'm just waiting for my results to come back.
Speaker 4: So good luck, Daniel Jack.
Speaker 3: All right, Daniel, have a good day. Thanks for thank you. By I'm a certain good morning.
Speaker 7: Good morning, I said.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm good. And Allison, you have a nice weekend.
Speaker 11: I had great way to thank you.
Speaker 3: What are you up to right now? You're working on your way in.
Speaker 11: I'm on my way into rowing.
Speaker 13: We're doing the pre season drop off.
Speaker 3: Third morning I've done this holiday.
Speaker 6: Don't you feel bad dropping them off in the middle of the night to do that rowing, It's like it's pitch black. Get on that flipping canoe whatever it is I called it, and start rowing at like seven am.
Speaker 13: This is a late one.
Speaker 11: Normally it's a six am start, so we're a bit lucky.
Speaker 6: I used to drop Ruby off about five on my way to work. She would be dropped off with these other barely even standing teenagers were sort of being tipped out of a car by parents at court?
Speaker 4: Why can only be done the first thing in the morning of darkness?
Speaker 6: When we watched the World champions at the Olympics. It's during daylight hours. It's not like six am or five am.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, it's like all these schools.
Speaker 4: I'm actually allowed to be on the river and they've got to do it before everybody wakes.
Speaker 6: Cheaper, we don't have to pay the fees. Maybe that's what we should have done instead of all the permits for the longest serve, just do it at midnight with throat and balls. Allison, what would you like? Would you like the pillow, the mugs?
Speaker 3: Both?
Speaker 13: Okay?
Speaker 3: Both?
Speaker 13: If I can?
Speaker 3: You can, you really really can? All right, have a great day. Thank you very much, Alis, thank you all right. Thanks nine four one four one oh four three.
Speaker 6: If you're at work or at work already on your way in, we've got prices for you.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: Do you guys take your pillows away with you if you're go and stay somewhere.
Speaker 4: I took them this weekend.
Speaker 6: Bet I'll bet get a bed night's sleep because your pillows have got your scent on them.
Speaker 4: That's the thing you can just well, it's not for a cent, it's because you're used to.
Speaker 6: The I'm pretty sure I have a theory that we all have our own unique scent signature, a musk, if you will, like animals do. And so I reckon that subconsciously. You smell this pillow, you know this is where my head belongs.
Speaker 3: No, I think.
Speaker 4: I think I's because of the pillows contours. I'm used to its exact shape. That's why I like to have it. It's not because it smells like me.
Speaker 3: It's all of that factored into it. Jackie boy. So would you if you were going away over seas on a plane you turn the pillows?
Speaker 4: No, they're too bulky to take on a plane. I think because we used a whole large suitcase to take two pillows, and we took our whole donner the bloody pillows. Yeah, we took the whole don to do that.
Speaker 3: When you go with the kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah, our friends said you have to put new sheets on the bed because they don't have sheets. I thought it's much easier.
Speaker 3: We've done that before.
Speaker 4: Bring the whole thing.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, it's a lot easier. Do you take your pillows away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I have like a border sort of block, so I won't go over into state with a pillow, but i'll go regional VIC like I have a limit. There are limits. I'll go three four hours, but that's it.
Speaker 6: It's interesting almost that it's interesting when you people. I've got these rulings on things. I need to get some more rulings in twenty five neares resolution to myself.
Speaker 4: So you're still more rule. You'll go to Aubrey, but you won't go to Wodonga.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well no, I'll go to Wodonga, but I won't.
Speaker 4: Go to on our side.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably cheted it over the weekend.
Speaker 6: Why won't you go into state? What's the problem like going into essay on that with your own pillows?
Speaker 2: That's just a bit too far.
Speaker 3: Do you mean you never go there anyway because you're worried about it? Have been a flat earth that you.
Speaker 2: Falled off the edge of the family in Aubrey. So we do venture into New South Wales? Thank you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, thank you very much. Do you know anything I take away with me slippers? Oh? Definitely, I took to Iland last year. You were in a suitcase.
Speaker 4: Overrated?
Speaker 6: No, I think it goes slippers pillow in my mind in terms of comfort for your soul.
Speaker 4: They're hard to keep on your feet.
Speaker 3: No, not if you get a good pair. If you get a good pair.
Speaker 4: Are always slipping off your feet?
Speaker 2: Oh no, you need to get good slippers right ones?
Speaker 4: Maybe no Byankee gave me an expensive upmarket pair of slippers for years.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: But the smugs.
Speaker 4: She said they were very special and I never wear them.
Speaker 6: I've never heard of that brand. They're very special brand. I reckon they were dirt cheap. That's why they keep four.
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 3: This morning, I want to.
Speaker 6: Know who takes their pillows away with them and does anyone go international? Does actually shove them in a suitcase? I want to can find out by another cock morning? What is the furthest these pillows have ever gone? Even gone around the world trip with their own pillows?
Speaker 5: Carl Brener, No, you're listening to the question, you know, Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 6: Do you take your pillows? Do you pack away your pillows to come on a holiday with you? Do you do that if you were going overseas? Nine four one four one o four three Marie, Good.
Speaker 13: Morning, Good morning, Christian. How are you.
Speaker 6: I'm going Marie, welcome to the show. So where have you take any pillows?
Speaker 13: Well, I actually just got back from Los Angeles yesterday for a week's trip for work and the pillow was definitely.
Speaker 3: In this That is great.
Speaker 6: Now is it hand luggage you have it then you sort of onun snuggle up to on the in your seat or is it in the actual big suitcase?
Speaker 13: No, in the big suitcase there's too big for their hands through you know the luggage one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And do you find that you sleep better than when you're away?
Speaker 13: Yes, most definitely. And I also do a lot of travel for work around Australia, so it is always in my suitcase or in the car and that sort of thing, so definitely worthwhile.
Speaker 4: In the car woes in case you need a nap on the side.
Speaker 6: Of the Yeah, yeah, just put it over and I've got my own special pillow.
Speaker 3: Marie, thank you very much. Have a good day you too.
Speaker 9: Look Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 6: How did you tell us about what you got up to this weekend? In six words and Christian text.
Speaker 3: Using six words or this.
Speaker 6: Tell him about your be can.
Speaker 4: Did you go doorbing?
Speaker 9: On making new friends?
Speaker 3: It's always one of.
Speaker 6: The two, isn't it I go down the RSL and make any friend, or do I gosorbing? It's always always one of those two, all right?
Speaker 3: So how would you tell us would have gone up to this weekend? Six words? Text it into me?
Speaker 6: Oh, four seven, five, three, one oh four three prizes for the better ones.
Speaker 3: Patsy, what's this weekend for?
Speaker 2: You learned something new at Titanic exhibition? So we went to Melbourne Museum yesterday. We're talking about it on the show Fridays.
Speaker 14: You know what.
Speaker 6: It correct such a big impact. I tried to put tickets. The family will want to go to someone out the weekend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it said, you'll be lndering around the blo Seriously.
Speaker 3: Your I, Patsy Beatlemania before Tylor Swift.
Speaker 6: Titanic's already done three nights at the MCGJTA.
Speaker 2: Popular, very popular ques all ages. This was amazing. It came to Melbourne about ten years ago and now it's back. And I was hoping by.
Speaker 3: Popular demand for one season only.
Speaker 2: Titanic, hoping that there would be some different artifacts, and they were a few different things. So I get I think at any given time around the world, there might be a few different Titanic exhibitions, and I guess there's only a limited number of relics that have been brought up.
Speaker 6: But they's suit case again at all.
Speaker 3: Like that Jewelry show us the body.
Speaker 2: Where scot it was amazing some of the stuff that survived the sinking, like tiny little glass port glasses and dishes that were untouched and clothing. It was just incredible. But I actually didn't know there were five Australians on board the ship at the time and only two survived. I had no idea there were any Australians on board. One of them was from McCrae here in Melbourne. I had idea. But look, I highly recommend it.
Speaker 3: It is so I want to go.
Speaker 4: Actually, I saw your photos yesterday. Did they recreate the grand staircase into the ballroom?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So when you walk it's incredible, Oh it is. It's amazing. When you walk in, it's like you're actually it's that whole sense thory experience of walking onto the ship. So it's like you're going down one of the corridors and there is the big grant like a re enactment. I guess you'd call it of the cud.
Speaker 4: Up the whole staircase and bring it to Melbourne, recreate it.
Speaker 2: They recreated it. You get photos there and they've also got at the end a slab of ice to give you an idea of how cold the water was. Apparently seawater it gets colder than fresh water, if that makes sense. So it is brilliant. It is for all ages. If you've got kids, take them, but allow like two or three hours because.
Speaker 3: I need to read.
Speaker 6: I question if you want to take some younger kids. They might get a bit sense about going to see a ship that where a lot over fifteen hunch of people died.
Speaker 2: Not at all, it's interesting take.
Speaker 3: Take a five year old.
Speaker 6: Were too early to learn about death and trailing.
Speaker 2: Well, of course it's very very sad, but it's done very tastefully.
Speaker 6: I thought taste or sadness come along to the Titanic exhibition. It is an incredible story because I think it would it's sinking nineteen twelve, nineteen thirteen. But they didn't actually discover the wreckage until the eighties.
Speaker 2: Yeah, eighty six, and it was accidental. I think they were mapping that area of Nova Scotia for some other reason and they had spare time.
Speaker 3: Seriously, it was a secret US military mission.
Speaker 6: They were looking for another submarine, I think even a Russia want or something. And then they couldn't believe imagine, They're like, what.
Speaker 4: The hell, it's not a small portcas.
Speaker 3: Is that a staircase? I remember?
Speaker 6: So the ship set off from the city of Southampton in the UK, which is where I'm near. And I went to do a talk at a school once and I had this huge photo of the Titanic, and the head master was showing around. I said, why is there a photo of the Titanic here? And most of the crew were from the city of Southampton, right most and obviously perished on board.
Speaker 3: He said.
Speaker 6: In this school here one hundred and sixty kids in nineteen twelve, one hundred and thirty of them lost their dad on that. It's such an amazing story.
Speaker 9: Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 6: How to tell Us the Story of your weekend in six words I sort we do every Monday six word weekend Text them into oh four seven five three one O four three.
Speaker 3: Christian.
Speaker 6: My weekend Tennis parkrom Rodeo pt Sunday Chees Rodeo Rodeo was in town. Somebody's was I went to a Donkey festival. That must have been the big ticket to tell huh.
Speaker 4: No one told us the Donkey festivals.
Speaker 6: Coming trufore we had the downlow on everything in this city. How the hell can donk fest be going on? We don't know a single thing about it. Where was this incredible festal Donkey festival played golf over weekend?
Speaker 3: Golf sucks, Jamie. That's why I retired. I've been there. You know that.
Speaker 6: You know what kind of around that guy had. If you go play over the week can gold sucks? My six word weekend actually comes from a message I got for my wife over the weekend. In a relationship, often a lot of the communication it's very transactional, isn't There's no there's no sort of preamble.
Speaker 3: You're straight into it.
Speaker 6: I've got a text over the weekend, Saturday afternoon, we have an ant situation. Not in the new kitchen, no, no, they're in the letterbox. It's horrible in that and in our letterbox. So the weekend how to google how to take out an ant mother load because obviously you can put boiling water in there.
Speaker 3: But wait, revenge ants are coming. They're like guys you where to hear what these guys did come. Let's already get in their posts and direct maul and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: So what do you do track them back to the source.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I'm still trying to google at the moment. How something that takes out the mother load, like the death star or the or the nest or where they come from.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, it's a lot im passing on. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, we've got ants in the kitchen at the moment.
Speaker 3: And why they love the kitchen, don't they?
Speaker 2: They're looking for the water.
Speaker 3: The solution is, I'm looking for the source of the nile. Why are they looking for water? There? Sugar?
Speaker 2: No, my mother said to me, they look for water.
Speaker 4: But we want to take a few of them to turn the touchs on.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 2: Our solution has always been.
Speaker 3: A big ladder of.
Speaker 6: Like nine thousands of them. We've got the post, let's get the water, and we're done.
Speaker 2: Every time we've had them, what's got rid of them is I wipe everything down with eucalyptus oil, just on the dishcloth, and really they hate it. Yeah, I reckon, if you wipe the inside of your letter box, it might deter them.
Speaker 3: Just it's all nice and fresh Australia.
Speaker 2: And it's you know, it's not like damage.
Speaker 3: My nas passages.
Speaker 2: And it's not nasty chemicals like it's all natural. I've found that works.
Speaker 3: I don't mind going for agent. Put my hand in. Then there's like thousands of.
Speaker 6: Ants everywhere, Jackie. But if anyone has got an information, please let me there. Jack How what's your six weekend? What happened for you?
Speaker 4: Mine was getting told off by a child as I was in Philip Island. We went surfing Saturday morning. Now I've tried to surf a couple of times without success. I can't really stand on the board, so my friends gave me this gigantic floating It was like being on a door talking about Titanic at the end of the film.
Speaker 3: He was Jack and Rose.
Speaker 4: It was massive, and they said, you can't. You'll definitely stand up on this because it's so buoyant, But it means it's hard to maneuver while you're in the water. So I'm trying to As a wave's coming, I'm trying to paddle like crazy to get on it, but I'm so unfamiliar in there and I can't control where I'm going and I see you out of this corner of my eye. Another surfboard coming towards me hits me in the side. I go tumbling over, and I'm worried about some you know local is going to throw me off a cliff afterwards, because I've tried.
Speaker 3: To point right where there's right.
Speaker 6: Coming on a Monday, and Pats has got yet another story of some outsider.
Speaker 3: So he's been thrown off. They're going to have the bodies who were waiting there. Oh yeah, you two mate.
Speaker 6: So so you're six or five, you're jacked. I really don't want to go, mate, Now, I don't like this tool. I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to throw off a cliff.
Speaker 4: Well, my head pops out of the water and it's a ten year old girl with a pink surfboard.
Speaker 6: She was the worst kind of pick you up and have an embarrasson on Monday.
Speaker 4: She's saying sorry, sorry, I'm really sorry. I said no, that was my fault. It's my first time surfing. I'm learning how to do it. She goes, oh, wow, well, good luck today. I said, thank you. She said, this is a great place to learn how to surf. All I would say is just be careful of people who are already on a wave wow wow.
Speaker 6: Otherwise you don't have this to your next you're off that big ass cliff up there.
Speaker 3: See this your walk, You've been served.
Speaker 9: Carler Brighter.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the Christian o'crls show podcast.
Speaker 6: So in two days time, Wednesday, this time of the show will be down at the Yarra hosting our Longest Serve up for grabs there. The big price is two VIP courtside tickets to the Australian Open, the men's final thanks to Emirates.
Speaker 3: Himmy with your best serve.
Speaker 10: Oh can you hit over the ya be caught side of Rod lab Rosie too.
Speaker 6: All right, we're calling the Longer Serve because it's about you coming down on Wednesday. Can you hit a tennis ball over the era? It's seventy meters? Last week on the show not only recruiting you to come and join us, but we suddenly realized we had the tickets, we had the location, we had everything ready. We just can work out how to measure probably the most important thing, how to measure each shot as you hit the tennis ball. We have a man now called who knows how to good a.
Speaker 14: Christian my named Luke. I work for a local urban development company called Taylor's. One of the main things we do is different types of surveang which is measuring stuff. So when I heard you asking about measuring the longest serve, I thought, yep, that sounds like us. We've done similar events in the past, like measuring the longest puppet the world's toury stack of crapes. So I've definitely got all the gear, certainly got the experience. So yeah, we can get you the distance for a shot live on the day.
Speaker 6: I want to know how long the world's longest puppet it was, so you need actually a team of surveyors to actually measure it. Okay, So coming down this Wednesday, we've been splining you up into verius age brackets.
Speaker 3: We've got the young guns eighteen to thirteen.
Speaker 6: We've got people like twenty four year old Amen who's hitting under the nickname Redemption because he came last in a country tennis tournament. We've got someone who is actually called Stephan Eedburg, named after Stephan Eedburg. The seniors who got Popeye be Susie used to play mart Filipusos in a mixed squad when they were fifteen. We've got Rosie who's fifty eight. It was a tennis virgin, never hit a tennis ball in her life. It's going to be hitting a tennis ball for the first time on Wednesday. We've got a guy called Perco David Achilles Toy's Achilles two months ago playing tennis and it's ready to pick up a racket again for redemption.
Speaker 3: And then the Vets over sixty year olds.
Speaker 6: Garth sixty one, it's done the Melbourne Mouth and ten times, which makes him a spartan. Kim Psychops has got a new amazing mega eye ready to test out lining up the era. She's almost got advantage. Really, she's got better eyes sight than anyone else she's got. She's cataract free. And then there's Cam who's sixty one recording him Mojo won the coup Yon Classic two.
Speaker 3: Years in a row back in the day.
Speaker 6: So listen, we have some wildcard spots, whether you were a young gun eighteen to thirty, whether you're going to be the seniors.
Speaker 3: Thirty to sixty.
Speaker 6: All the bets joining Cyclops we're looking for exit will to come down this Wednesday morning on the show down to the era.
Speaker 3: You could get a lucky shot, you could be the.
Speaker 6: One that wins the tickets. These are VIP tickets to the Men's Final this weekend. Give us a call now nine four one oh four to three. Also this morning we'll tell you exactly where we're going to be. So if you are in that last final, tough week with the kids on school holidays, bring them down, come and say look, we're going to be down there from seven o'clock this Wednesday.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'connells show podcast Big Thing.
Speaker 3: How many on the show this week?
Speaker 6: Then we're sending you to the Men's Final this weekend at the Australian Open thanks to Emirates celebrating ten years as the official airline of this Australian Open in twenty twenty four. These are court sided VIP tickets worth over six thousand dollars each. You also get the bazaar behind the scenes experience at the opening, including the underground walkthrough Champions of What We get a March pack and you get afternoon tea for four of you bar a trim. It's the longest serve this Wednesday as we take the show down to the.
Speaker 10: Rahim me with your best, sir, Oh, can you hit over the yah?
Speaker 4: Be cautside of Rod lay.
Speaker 3: Rosie too?
Speaker 5: Way?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 3: Who wants to come and join us?
Speaker 6: Then on Wednesday you could be in the young Gun's age bracket eighteen to thirty. You could be in the seniors thirty to sixty, or you could be in the veterans sixty plus. Good morning, Emma, Third Morning Team.
Speaker 3: Now, Emma, you're telling us about your partner.
Speaker 15: Yes, my partner, Justin is seven foot tall, and I reckon he could definitely hit it over the seventy meters.
Speaker 3: That is tall.
Speaker 15: Yes, he's an ex basketball player, of.
Speaker 6: Course, of course, of course seven foot And what's he like at tennis?
Speaker 15: I have no idea.
Speaker 13: I've never seen it makes sense.
Speaker 6: He called this a competition called the Laws. I've got no idea. But he's tall, so that those tall people, you know.
Speaker 3: You're right.
Speaker 6: If you can harness the levers, then maybe it could work and you get over there. Yeah, and does he know that you've been you've nominated him or.
Speaker 15: Yes, he's a school teacher though, so I think he's sleeping at the moment still on school holidays.
Speaker 3: For that sort of breaker.
Speaker 7: Need to get him out of the house.
Speaker 15: So this would be a great thing for him to do, all.
Speaker 3: Right, and it's justin.
Speaker 6: Yes, yeah, all right, we'll see we can speak to him for the end of the show. Thank you very much for nominating seven foot justin. Emma, let's get to Steve here.
Speaker 7: Good morning Steve, Good morning Christian team.
Speaker 6: All right, Steve, what do you think you'd be good on Wednesday? And you could hit a tennis ball over the era?
Speaker 7: Oh? I actually changed schools and joined up with the elite tennis squad at Box you'll Senior Secondary College back in ninety nine two thousand. We came second in Australia. Wow, more than in the team that actually, God, God, God on the actual call.
Speaker 3: I appreciate the honesty. You know what.
Speaker 6: You didn't even let yourself have a second of glory there. I knew some of the people that were very good.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Used to high five for the match. Drink.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you want, Christian, I'll see if I can get someone to come down.
Speaker 7: I was right number ten and of about eighteen boys.
Speaker 6: Okay, okay, I think you say they're Australia Tennis Wow, you real, Maverick of the top Gun Academy there that we found.
Speaker 3: Our winner here.
Speaker 7: Nicknamed Smoky.
Speaker 3: So, Steve, what happened you get injured or anything?
Speaker 7: No, no, just we had to sort of internally train and move through the rankings ourselves, and.
Speaker 4: Hard to get injured if you're not playing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hold you back.
Speaker 7: I was never coached until I actually went to box Hill, seen the secondary college. So so what are you making.
Speaker 6: It's like some sort of mountain top retreat, isn't it, You know, like trained by ninjas?
Speaker 7: Are that?
Speaker 3: This is the word elite academy? Yeah, turning out all those champions over the last few years.
Speaker 7: Of course, there are in certain individuals like Ben Simmons, uh, you know, Jason Cloak, ye, Damian Cubido, all these sorts of small stars that are coming out there, but not not Smoky.
Speaker 3: Smoky until Wednesday.
Speaker 6: Yeah, smoke, bring the smoke show, Bring the smoke show this Wednesday.
Speaker 7: I'll be there.
Speaker 3: You don't make that elite academy proud?
Speaker 7: Well, might have to dust off the old tracksuit pants.
Speaker 3: Yeah, please do.
Speaker 6: Yeah, shiny satin ones. All right, Smoky, come on down, Steve. We're seeing Wednesday, and good luck, great, thank you, see Patrick, Good morning, Patrick.
Speaker 16: Hey, Christian, Hey everybody, Good morning morning Patrick.
Speaker 3: So why do you think you should come along the Wednesday?
Speaker 16: Well, look, you know the arena, the famous arena, Rod Labor arena. The man was left handed and I'm left handed. You got to have lefties there.
Speaker 6: It's got to happen, all right, So you think it's got to happen. We need well, so we've got age categories. Now we need to have lefties and righties.
Speaker 16: I am fifty five, a young fifty five and a career tennis coach, and I have a connection to the man himself, the legendary Rod Labor.
Speaker 6: Bribing down that simply just buy an act of genetic fate.
Speaker 3: You're left handed.
Speaker 16: My dad coached Rod Laver's granddaughter in San Diego. Rod Laver has lived in San Diego for the last fifty years.
Speaker 6: This is making us up in more respect for you. If you did, Patrick, we're don let Lefty come come down.
Speaker 3: Then, Okay, you can come on down, Patrick.
Speaker 7: I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Christian, see you there, Okay, thank you very much.
Speaker 4: He's not making it up.
Speaker 3: He's not making line ber.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the Christian o'cyls show podcast.
Speaker 6: Listen, I don't like it when you turn on each other. Christian, what's that last clown calling hibout the tennis challenge or the weakest claim to fame? Come on now, Tim, come on play nice? Hi, Come on, this isn't America. Okay, we support each other. I don't understand what you mean the strange line anyway. Seven minutes past eak gold one oh four point three. It is time for this week's misheard lyrics. It's just another mishard Man day, Christian O'Connell's mishard lyrics. Everybody on the show, we play back all your misheard lyrics. As we're playing them back and we're trying to listen out. Are we hearing what you think you're mishearing? If we agree, you'll hear this if we don't. And for the great ones, Hall of Favor, recent Hall of Famous. Last week Phil had this one from John Farnham, all the voice, We're not gonna sit in silence, We're not gonna live with Phil, he heard himself from the song Fansy was calling him. Then there was this one that Kathy spots Head from Calvin Harris. Do you mind if I steal a kid?
Speaker 3: Sir? I steal the kidser.
Speaker 6: All right, brand new ones. Nick's got this don't lose my number? From Phil Connins, you better, you better, you better run for your life. Oh, has Phil got a new telescope and he's saying Jupiter, Jupiter, Jupiter, run for your life.
Speaker 3: Phil's coming. Yes, we agree, Nick.
Speaker 6: This one is from listener James Ransom, Christian I think I'm hearing my name in bon Jovi's Bed of Roses, the original line of King's Ransom in Dimes.
Speaker 3: I'd give it each night.
Speaker 9: Jeeves Ransom and Dimes and give each na.
Speaker 3: See you already hear it, don't you?
Speaker 6: It's one hundred percent there, James Ransom and I I'd give each night Jeeves Ransom. Well spotted James Ransom hearing your full name in bon Jovi's Better Roses All of Favor. Alexandra Barnes has got call on me, Eric Prayers. I'm the same boy I used to be. You're just gonna need to turn this up a bit.
Speaker 3: I hear it?
Speaker 6: Or is Eric saving for a new set tea?
Speaker 3: It's there, I'm saving for a new settee. It is there.
Speaker 6: Well, we trying to drop some. Jason Derrilla on the show right now, Stephen Houston. On the other side, Jason Derilleau, if he walked down this road, we'll.
Speaker 3: Be lovers for sure.
Speaker 6: Or is it if we walk down this road, we'll be lamer's for sure. Oh my god, that is such a great one. Stephen well spotted. If we walk down this road, we'll be lamas for sure.
Speaker 9: Walked sounds.
Speaker 6: Stephen Houston, come on in Hall of Favor, and finally Teagan Scott this one. I took a pill in I be that, my Mike, Myposna. I drive a sports car just to prove iDrive a sports car just or is it? I dove a sports card just to pooh.
Speaker 9: I try a sports card just to pooh.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, it's nothing other than that, mister Posner. I drive a sports card just to pooh.
Speaker 11: I try a sports card just to poll of favor.
Speaker 6: Great stuff this morning, Thank you very Mushall has misheard lyrics. As always, whenever you mishear them, email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 9: But Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian, I think I'm hearing her piece and a song. What do I do for first? Then contact your foe, DJ email it to me. What's a song? Or are you just hearing that?
Speaker 6: Generally I need some more teacher, for I can direct your inquiry the right way, Matt. If it's a misheard email them always. Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au So Christian O'Connell show on Guard fifteen minutes past stay for Kan Institute.
Speaker 3: On Friday.
Speaker 6: When we doing this the week, I was saying, how in all the excitement of the Black Friday big discounts, I thought I was getting the deal of a lifetime and getting a brand new electric top of the range toothbrush for thirty five dollars.
Speaker 3: What arrived was just the little heads you know that inch long. Yeah, it.
Speaker 6: Didn't read the full specter or just just saw that. So today we're looking for your stories about you ordered the wrong thing. Rio this happened to you.
Speaker 4: Yes, I thought i'd start the new year. Knew me kind of vibe.
Speaker 10: So I bought Jane's Clear's Atomic Habits, great book. I thought i'd start, you know, some new habits and new routines. It comes in the mail and what I thought was going to be a book, like a hard copy book was a CD ROM version of the book.
Speaker 3: Where do you even put one of those? These days?
Speaker 6: You know my daughters in the studios nineteen she's like, what are they talking about?
Speaker 3: What is a CD wrong? Jimmy?
Speaker 6: When it was like you used to have like encyclopedias on there and ye stuff like that, but a CD wrong?
Speaker 3: Where would you now information on the CD?
Speaker 10: I have to watch it read it on my like old Windows laptop. I don't even know how it would work.
Speaker 6: You re need the book, though, you need better habits, You really really really need that. Someone else you got online over the weekend. Christian, I ordered a sucker Girl for my grandkids. Only the net arrived.
Speaker 3: Just get some of your mates to hold it up. Christian.
Speaker 6: My mum brought my little boy some toy saucepans and frying pants. Was toy kitchen, but when they arrived they were just for teeny tiny doll size houses. Christian, I ordered a bike online. Some assembly required. There should be rulings about that. Thought maybe I got to put the wheels and chain on, but no, it was handlebars. The seat didn't even come with the spokes in the ring that I had to take it to a bike shop. They called me eight hundred dollars. The bike only cost me one hundred dollars eight hundred dollars to put it together, Yeather. I took it to the scrap metal guy and then went and got off and km up for seventy five bucks. Christ I thought I ordered electric guitar off eBay. What turned up was a mini electric.
Speaker 3: That's basically your version of what I did. Christian.
Speaker 6: I ordered what I thought was a small table for my mum. What a righte was a magazine rack. I hadn't quite understood the photo.
Speaker 3: Let's get a Mark here, good wanting Mark and Tame.
Speaker 9: I definitely ordered the wrong item off Facebook.
Speaker 7: What was it?
Speaker 15: I bought a pair of ADDI dash runners.
Speaker 9: Yeah, black and white, one for one hundred and twenty bucks.
Speaker 15: When they arrived, the wording was adds A DA.
Speaker 3: D I A s Oh No you had dodgy knockoffs.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but they're actually really comfortable.
Speaker 3: These are limited collaboration. Mark. That's great, Thank you very much for call you ordered the wrong thing? What was it for you?
Speaker 9: The Christian Connell Show podcast, We'll.
Speaker 6: Looking for your stories about ordering the wrong thing online. Christian, I thought I was buying a steel chainsaw. What arrived was a length of a chainsaw chain with a rope tied on both ends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you'd beat the chainsaw.
Speaker 9: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast Two.
Speaker 6: Madonna fans, let's be our head of music here loves Madonna, loves loves making us play my Donna every day. Chaeriship turn to it today, be another one to if you missed it. Two Madonna fans are suing a singer for being late. She was more than two hours to show last month in New York. That they're they're suing Madonna. And I mean it's a big old cage you're taking on Madonna. Wait and Live Nation. The world's they like manage the Stones that I just promoted this they managed the Stones many ticket holders who attended a concert was a weeknight. How to get up early, go to work, take care of family babies is and that I mean it would be hugely irritating two hours.
Speaker 3: This is a long time.
Speaker 4: I have a memory that in her at her Melbourne show, she didn't go on stage till after midnight.
Speaker 3: Now does that ring am hitting? Yes?
Speaker 5: Enough?
Speaker 4: I hate that.
Speaker 3: This is amazing.
Speaker 6: I have a concert in Tampa Bay in nineteen ninety one, Guns and Roses roll three hours late get others because Axel Rose was watching the new teenage mutant Ninja Turtles movie.
Speaker 3: This is this is rock and roll, this is what they should be doing. Okay, I'm a huge irritated.
Speaker 6: I remember going to see Guns and Roses and they were over two hours late, but it just added to the whole anticipation. But they were They're always their own stones used to always be late as well. However, so Madonna's getting sued and Live Nation been two hours late. If you were to sue a band, who would you sue and why may it would be Kings of Leon. I saw them once in Hyde Park in London and I love Kings of Leon. This was the worst show I ever seen. They broke up a couple of weeks later and you're like, we already saw you clearly hated each other, and it was it was so disappointing. Everything about it was just like it just it was a real shame. When there were like eighty thousand people there Hyde Park in London in the sunshine, people have been excited about it, brought all the tickets.
Speaker 3: It was so bad.
Speaker 4: I would like to see the Strokes.
Speaker 3: Great band.
Speaker 4: What happened two thousand and three? I guess two thousand and four Big Day Out? They were huge back then, great band they were. They took forty five minutes to come on stage, so people were waiting there. And with the Big Day Out, you're going you're flipping from band band band, band band, So it's not like they can just come out late and then keep playing. So they only played for half an hour. Top had the energy of somebody who didn't care at all. I would actually like to see another band from that same day.
Speaker 3: What happened that Big Day Out? The band?
Speaker 4: I actually really liked the Vines. I loved their first album. It was highly evolved, highly evolved, the first album same earlier in the day on that same day. I guess they don't have a big back catalog. So they played the couple of radio songs from that alves to hits, and then they were smash guitars for about say forty minutes. Actually got bored of theme and smashes.
Speaker 9: To the Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 6: Christian, I heard you talking about making the mistake and ordering the wrong thing online. My dad thought it was ordering the most amazing Christmas tree lights. He thought it was ordering a two meter tool programmable Christmas tree for just fifty dollars. However, it was one of the programmall lights that would have to go with forty nine other strands.
Speaker 3: The whole thing would have, of course, two and a half thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: He sent it back. Obviously the was most expensive Christmas tree all right. Time for today's time waste stuff up for grabs on the time wasted this week. It's a spinallyse pillow Sleep and Wake better on the world's Best pillow spinal Eze dot.
Speaker 3: Com dot au.
Speaker 6: We're looking for your comfortable movies today. Make a movie comfortable in its national Comfy Clothes Day hasn't happened most of the days here in Australia. In twenty twenty three, study into Australian workplace attire shows major shifts towards.
Speaker 3: Comfortable clothing in the last five years.
Speaker 6: The number of people that believe it's appropriate to wear thongs, bokenstocks or sandals to work.
Speaker 3: Is up don't don't down seventeen percent. How do they know?
Speaker 6: All this stuff they're doing, like posters outside the front of offices and cubicles. The number of office workers wearing active wear to work is up thirty seven percent people wearing shorts. Isn't there warning here where you're not.
Speaker 2: Meant to, not meant to or open toad shoes?
Speaker 6: Well, a good friend of ours dame names but it's ding ding ding, and all these people wearing shorts to this. But Huggy's here at nine people wearing shorts up forty.
Speaker 3: One percent, just charting this shorts. Okay, all right, make a movie comfortable comfortable movies.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, like The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Gold Spoony Miss Daisy, it's a gold plus catch me if you can.
Speaker 3: You've seen that greatly in Ocafri movie.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, make it more comfortable Cashmere if you can, so nice, Pashmina Gold love the movie point blank it's quite a rough movie in point blanket actually go through and Easy Rider, hell of a rough old seventies movie about about those those motorbike riders.
Speaker 3: How does it get more comfortable? Spinally? Easy Rider?
Speaker 4: Too much of a tickle for the client, Jackie White, What.
Speaker 3: Have you got?
Speaker 4: Comfy movies?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Along cane pillow, Yeah, it was a Spidallese pillow yeah.
Speaker 3: Chicken, the Morsel, The Crime.
Speaker 6: It's a new feature and cells. It is available to sponsor every day right about.
Speaker 3: This time of the show.
Speaker 4: Comfy movie. Oh yeah, yeah, what you got there, Jack and the Devil Wears Pajamas? Oh lovely Silver plus sixteen cuddles.
Speaker 3: Set of sixteen cancls.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: Plus, but these written late for Sunday night. Sorry, there he's choking on them.
Speaker 4: Vomit cocaine, bear hug, A bear hug. That's not as uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Silver blast. All right, what have you got?
Speaker 6: Well, we're looking for comfortable movies. Texta men oh four seven five O three one o four three and you could be winning that spinal Les pillow.
Speaker 9: Chris, you know Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 6: Our Time Wasters. We're asking you this morning to make a movie comfortable. To see what you got best in show this morning on the Time Waster gets Spinally's billow.
Speaker 3: Comfortable movies, Jack, make yourself at home, put your feed up a mark away.
Speaker 4: I'm feeling comfy.
Speaker 3: I'm getting pants on gold.
Speaker 6: Fate, strong start, very good, The Lion, The Witch and the Walk in Wardrobe, Bronze.
Speaker 3: Dude, where's my spine? Least I didn't sleep very well.
Speaker 6: Mark Bronze, Edward Serene hands bronze slippers in Seattle gold and Darren my cushion.
Speaker 3: Vinnie said, of my cousin Vinnie, that's very good. Good Gold, Joe, very good, Murmy Muriels jeggings. That's very good. Cory, well done, take about very good Murieals jeggings. Cardigan's of the Galaxy gold. Oh, Kurt Russell a nice Cardiff Roonda seat of salt burned, salt soooth gold. Really sometimes there's no markings.
Speaker 6: Throw Mama spine Lee's pillow from the train Land comphy mother silver, Moccasenheimer, Oh gold inglorious blankets, silver, Aden who framed Roger snuggle Bunny Bronze tried Edward massage hands, No, that sounds creepy as anything. Brothers in Seattle Gold, Edward Spinally's hands. Come on, we got one an active wear wolf in Paris silver and throw Douna from the train silver plus.
Speaker 3: All right, who's best in shirt? Jackie boy, Let's.
Speaker 4: Give it to Joe for my cushioned Vinie done.
Speaker 9: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 6: Tomorrow's show Today, What are you making deal with right now. I'm sure at home there might be something where you've got to kind of work around or makeshift thing. Maybe January tough month. Money's will be spent over the summer holidays, Christmas. That's a kind of like February, March or Easter thing. Right now, my daughter's shared bathroom, it's broken, and I found a way to a make do until we can get it repaired because the part apparently has to come from overseas.
Speaker 3: Someone is part of the toilet. The toilet wasn't working very well.
Speaker 6: My wife took the mysterious bit off, you know that top it's all yeah, you know, then you got all the workings and the system and all that. She touched something and apparently her worf is not mine. It disintegrated in her hands. Such as the power of my wife. She can literally change matter. It disintegrated in my hands. The powerful he used that power, you know, for good or bad, just touched it, just slightly powerful driving that car and the car disintegrating in your hands. And so the way I've got to work at the moment is the cistern is off, so it's a naked open to it deconstructed, you know, and it's two cable ties.
Speaker 3: You pull one of them to flush. It looks terrible. Not just that we had house set as well.
Speaker 6: We went away and they had to use that bathroom and I made a video of showing love nick toilet for you while you stay in our house with cable ties.
Speaker 4: But the longer it goes, the easier is to just make do with what you got. You got the cable tie toilet. That's how we're doing it.
Speaker 3: It's just working very well of them. What do you make him do with?
Speaker 4: Over summer, we got a new full length mirror from Facebook Marketplace and I measured it perfectly. We sit between the window and Bianca's wardrobe, but I didn't account for how thick it was going to be, so after I hung it, now Bianca's wardrobe door only opens three quarters of the it's so she can still technically get in there.
Speaker 3: And get crawling on your side like a snake.
Speaker 4: They're in there, woman, And now that there's been a couple of weeks, I just think we're making do with that. And that's how her wardrobe works now, all.
Speaker 3: Right, So what are you making do with?
Speaker 6: You can email me today Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot AU. Tomorrow will be our last day before Wednesday show The Longest Serve. We'll be down live from the Yarra seeing can you hit a tennis ball over the hour? Whoever hits a tennis ball the furtherest Wednesday Way to the Australian Open. It's the Big men's Final this weekend. Here's some of the aphabetes coming down so fast.
Speaker 10: Introducing the young guns aged eighteen to thirty. My name is Aimen aka Redemption because I came dead last in my last tennis tournament. Don't forget about the seniors age thirty one to sixty.
Speaker 12: It is Dave aka Hotshot because I've got a massive four hand.
Speaker 3: My name is John aka Pong because I used to play a giant game of pong with my mate.
Speaker 15: Oh, my name's Suzie aka Popeye because I've got a massive right arm.
Speaker 13: My name is Rosie and I'm a tennis version. I've never hit a tennis ball in my life and this is the first time ever.
Speaker 6: Thank you for being.
Speaker 10: And last, but not least, it's the veterans age sixty and over.
Speaker 2: My name is Kill aka Cyclops because I'm playing with a brand new ie.
Speaker 4: Hi, my name is josh Aka Spaton Spot.
Speaker 7: And I have ten Melbourne Marathons under my belt.
Speaker 13: I'm my name's cam Aka Mojo.
Speaker 3: I've lost my mojo.
Speaker 13: I want to carey on Class twenty five years ago, back to back and I just want to get my mojo back.
Speaker 6: Last chance to join them on tomorrow's show, Hugging on my.
Speaker 3: Way Call a bra.
Speaker 5: You're listening to the Christian o'carl's Show podcast