Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: What's under your Bed? We're going back into it to see if there's anything there. Your body language says that you've been tested with some of these stories. You're not putting through it over the phone, hands sighing a lot, Man, I mean tested, Christian. I do a lot of life drawing. So under my bed is full of rolls and rolls of naked people. All right, I've got a baseball bat under my bed for all protection us from Margaret. He spent in the New York Yankees to turn number try and rob. Here. Let's take some calls. Let's go to Bree.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Good morning, Christian, Bree.
Speaker 2: What is under your bed?
Speaker 3: I have sheep and human teeth that friends have given me.
Speaker 2: Sheep and human teeth under the bed. When do you say friends that have given you? Why would they give you that?
Speaker 3: Because I collect bones and dead animals, so you'd be surprised what friends give you.
Speaker 2: This is amazing. So you collect bones and dead animals?
Speaker 3: Yes, I have jars of rats and bats and birds and cow skulls, sheep skulls, you name it.
Speaker 2: I've got wow, And you store them all under the bed.
Speaker 3: Well, I can't really store them anywhere else because I live at home still, so I'm sixteen sixteen.
Speaker 2: I mean, everyone's going to have a hobby, Brie, So why not? And what do you? I bet your mates love this when they come around, don't you. They're now sleepovers? And now I mean, are you lying on the floor and then suddenly there's a rat, dead rat and a jars down there? You have nightmares?
Speaker 3: It's been described as the horror Museum.
Speaker 4: Of Museum of Narry Warren.
Speaker 2: That that's the todd of today's show, right there, Bri, Bri, we're sending you. We're going to send you a couple of prizes. Really funny, cool, Thank you very much. Thank you all right, have a good day. Thanks for listening, you too. Bye. Victoria. Hello, h yes, Victoria, welcome to the show. How you doing. I'm good, Victoria, Welcome on board. And what's under your bed?
Speaker 5: So it's not there anymore? But it was around December Christmas time. I won some dummy prizes and Chris Kringle, so they're all kind of naughty toy type things and I just sort of stuffed them there, not for use or anything, but I had to do. My cat Golot sip and I had to have my bets come around, and he ran under the bed and they lifted up my mattress. I just saw all these terrible toys out of there, and I was mortified. I'm quite close.
Speaker 2: You gave us, and you gave us the same excuse you gave them. You won them in Chriss Kringle.
Speaker 4: Be meaning to get rid of it. I usually stir my garbage here before.
Speaker 2: I won them in Chris Kringle. Okay, Victoria Yah, sure, laying down an alibi now by phoning us with it as well. Yeah, funny, thanks a lot of victory. I have a good day, mate, if you do.
Speaker 1: But Silves mat seal Hi Christian.
Speaker 2: High selp and welcome to the show. What's on your bed?
Speaker 1: Mate?
Speaker 6: It's my wedding photo from nineteen ninety one, my husband's I'm sporting a mullet in and it's just too embarrassing to put on the wall.
Speaker 2: So that the heck. Because people keep wedding photos and photos like old photos. They take up a lot of room, don't they like shoe boxes and stuff like that. Butther been shoved under the bed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well this is one of those big poster size photos.
Speaker 4: So you got even framed. Oh yeah, it's.
Speaker 6: Got a big gold frame around it and everything. And like it first went up in our first home. I think it was up for probably two years and then we're like, yep, no, under the bed.
Speaker 2: Is this because of the munet?
Speaker 6: Pretty much the mullet.
Speaker 4: Would you rethink about putting it on the wall because the mullet is coming back into fashion.
Speaker 2: It really shouldn't. It's by no popular demand. And I don't think the mullet was even around in the early nineties either.
Speaker 6: Yeah, n no, no, it wasn't, but he just loved it.
Speaker 2: It feels like the mullet is I don't want to say this or sort of judge only in sartorial sense, but it feels that the munet is always around here. There's permanent mudet time.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean you say it in football players.
Speaker 2: They had it in the eighties. Just to see footy players have munnets. It's it's I think it's always been around.
Speaker 6: Well, when I met him, he had the mullet.
Speaker 7: I mean, I don't know what I was thinking.
Speaker 6: He had the mullet back then.
Speaker 2: You had the munet.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, well mine was a bit of a mob as well.
Speaker 2: Had two mullets, two Star Cross mullets. Thank you very much and cool.
Speaker 1: Have a good day, Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast.
Speaker 2: We're still taking calls on what is under your Bed? We tried it two days ago in amongst five to Tuesday and he didn't really get anything. But we've had a couple of stories so far. Jim was a kid, do you guys also used to love just getting under the bed, Yes, to hide, or sometimes I make myself a nice long cheese sandwich. Only kid Sae's getting on that band on my torch and just reading my book.
Speaker 4: I used to take Penza into there and then draw on the flat on.
Speaker 2: The bottom of the Why did you think it'd be odd? Now if an adult, if the kids came home one day and they just found me eating a cheese sandwich, A bad show. Sarah's on the line.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Sarah, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 2: How are you this morning?
Speaker 6: Mate?
Speaker 7: I'm fabulous. I'm sitting in a nice warm car.
Speaker 2: Ah right, okay, So Sarah, what's under your bed?
Speaker 7: I have a vampire killing kit was given to me by my very Catholic mother.
Speaker 2: Now, when you say, very Catholic God, very very Irish Catholic grandparents, and they went to church every day, but they never they never worried about the vampires coming in.
Speaker 7: Well, this was actually given to my mum by someone who does woodworking and metal work, and they gave it to her in this beautiful, you know, wooden suitcase thing. And she's got like a metal cruise, a fixed and a massive wooden steak, and she's got oh, she's got some garlic. She's even got Lapis lazuli rings, which is theoretically incorrect because lapus actually keeps vampires alive in the sunlight. So whoever thought it through didn't think it through enough.
Speaker 2: What we're saying, it's not me your mom, but it is your mom fear vampires getting in.
Speaker 7: No, she doesn't, she's never mentioned them, and this is it freaked her out so much that she gave it to me.
Speaker 2: You deal with this and you still got.
Speaker 7: The Well, it's actually really cool. I mean I never have used. I thought about it one night because there was a weird bump in the house in the night and my dog went ballistic, and I thought, okay, do I break This is a.
Speaker 2: Moment get.
Speaker 7: Lapis. It's actually a blue gent stone or a rock of some sort and if a if a vampire wears it on a ring or around their neck, it actually keeps them from burning up into the sunlight, so it actually keeps them alive. So I've got something to both kill and keep vampires alive.
Speaker 2: You've got a lot going there that's amazing, Sarah. Please take it. Send us. I'd love to see a photo we've got to put up on our Facebook page on Instagram.
Speaker 7: I'll send you one.
Speaker 2: I bet you're the only person right now in Australia that has a vampire kidding kit under their bed.
Speaker 1: It was safe to say made one anyway, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Made one even better, Sarah, Thank you very much. A call.
Speaker 1: You're very well by the Christian O'Connell breakfast show podcast.
Speaker 2: Some great emails in Latesla party and a presenter on this fine radio station has a complaint about a presenter on this breakfast show.
Speaker 4: Interesting scandalous.
Speaker 2: It is when I show you it's something, to show you what they brought to my attention, I could say no more for now, just now. Five minutes ago. I don't know why I did that. I was pointing myhammer back, because that's where five minutes is. It lives over my shoulder.
Speaker 4: You're always moving forward.
Speaker 2: I'm going for it, but the past is bhim me. Jack. We were talking about what's under your bed and we had a great call from a girl who was called Sophie. Basha Hooly called him and he's anyway, this this lady she had a vampire killing kit under a bed that was her mum's and then she got a giant steak, some kind of lily LELEI rings. Yep, Sarah was I've just started my memory and that remembered and I said at the end, I bet, I bet you're the only person in Australia who has a vampire killing kit under her bed. Turns out I was wrong. Journey, Good morning, Journey, good morning. First of all, Journey, we spent we spoken to your dad on the show, haven't we.
Speaker 8: Yes, you have. He's he's Peter. He's the one who held hands with Jim Master j and fron DMC and prayed with them and he went to like he's.
Speaker 2: Honestly, this is quite a while ago, early days of the show. I mean, I say early days. We're not that old. It's only a year and a half. But I do remember your dad's coat. That's what it was still about, praying with one DMC. And also he said, how I think we're also talking about who you named after? And he mentioned obviously you are named after the band Journey, aren't you. Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And if you got a brother's sister and named after Slade, the clam rock band.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I've got a brother called Slade.
Speaker 2: This is it. Great names. I love these names, Slade and Journey. Journey's a beautiful name. Thank you. Do you like it? Or do you when you were a teenager?
Speaker 1: Do you know?
Speaker 2: I want to get rid of this name. It's too it's too different.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 8: I do like the name. Sometimes I get a lot of like you know, puns about like oh, going on a journey and things like that, but like, yeah, that's just teenage.
Speaker 3: Just for you.
Speaker 2: That is go figure, go figures, go figus, as they say, now listen Journey. Uh so have you got a vampire killing get under your bed?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: I do. Actually, who knew this was a thing. It's a trend. It's the new planking. So why have you got one under your bed?
Speaker 8: Well? I've got one because I really like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and my dad, yeah it is. And you know her when when a girl cumps seventeen every generation she's a seventeen year old girl is like becomes a slayer. She's chosen one. And my dad believes that it is me. I'm the chosen one.
Speaker 2: I believe it's one of my daughters as well, having some sort of slayer, the dad slayer. So you've got a vampire killing kit? How long have you had it under there?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 2: I did? I got it for Christmas and uh Christmas present. Your dad's amazing, he's still giving to the show. He got you. Where would you even find a vampire killing kit? Do you get a kmar? Have they got them somewhere? Well?
Speaker 8: Actually he made it. So he got a violin case and then he lined it with red velvet. And he even snuck into a church and got a little bottle of holy water.
Speaker 2: And I can't do that. Was he even siphoning off the font or something?
Speaker 8: I don't tell anyone.
Speaker 2: Ah, this is incredible journey. Thank you very much. She call and say hi to your dad, won't you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, tak might have a good day.
Speaker 4: All right.
Speaker 1: By the Christian O'Connell Breakfast OH podcast