Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast. Sweety Pries. We are back Friday the eleventh. Did anyone have a spooky day? On Tuesday? The lions Gate portal was open. I don't really know much about it, and I don't endeavor to do any more research into it, but if you did have any strange things happen, let us know. Threads is flopping, as predicted by me. I think it was one of my first threads I ever made, that this place is going to flop, just like zero and everything else before it. I am a witch, though, so I did see that coming. Yeah, you were about it, No, you're about it. I love it. But my first rag was about it flopping, oh.
Speaker 2: Babe, because I sent you an email FLEXI and I was like, is threads just going to flop? Like be real?
Speaker 1: And you were like, no, drag her. Yes, But did I not say my first thread was about it flopping? Well, get the receipt time pulling it out, I'm scrolling. I said, there's nothing like being an early adopter for a platform that's likely to fade into obscurity in minutes. Remember Vero first thread.
Speaker 2: I don't know how anyways, and let's get the.
Speaker 1: MUMMAE. Can I listen to flex and Rooms? Flex and Rooms, Okada.
Speaker 2: I recently went to the Blue Mountains for a girl's trip away. We stayed in a little cabin in Katomba.
Speaker 1: Actually, did you document this? I didn't really see this cointinet. No, I didn't.
Speaker 2: I tend not to upload things that I do in my personal life, not for any reason. I was just really enjoying myself in just very deep in life.
Speaker 1: And it's nice when you notice that. Though I always have these situations where I'm just having such a ripping time. I think I'm going to ruin this. The phone comes out, I've ruined the moment. Well, I will say.
Speaker 2: We were at this really scary abba beat was super cheap. It was like one hundred dollars in ANNT or something, and I had seven rooms. It was deafo haunted. One of them had this doll in it and we were all playing with a doll. When sat like all sat on my bed to take a photo. I had this had on that I found in the house holding the flexus to shaking head. I was holding the doll and we all got a photo and then as the camera went off, the doll's head fell off. Yeah so yeah, Katoomba is a genuinely scary place. Anyway, we go for a walk. Next day, we decide to go to the Yellow Deli Cafe.
Speaker 1: The infamous Yellow Deli Cafe. Not just any cafe, mind you. It rates amazingly on Google. I'm talking like a four point eight stars, more than two thousand reviews.
Speaker 2: But it's not just a cafe, it is a it is a cult. So you might have heard of this cafe. Essentially, when you go to Katumba, the main strip, there is a cafe in the corner that there will perpetually be a b linee out the front. It is like all made of wood. It's like a tree wonderland in there. It's pretty amazing, it's fantastic.
Speaker 1: It's it's definitely the level of detail that any restaurant should go to, and they won't. It feels like you're in a Hobbit cafe. The tables are made out of these definitely carved tree stumps, and like the cutlery and the utensils are all beautiful, and all the staff have a quintessentially cult like aesthetic yes, do that information what you will.
Speaker 2: The Yellow Deli has been in Katomba for ages and not many people know this, like the girls I was with, I swear I told them before I went, but for some reason they didn't listen to me. Seems to be a recurring theme and they later googled it and it turns out it's run by the Twelve Tribes Communities, which are also known as the Vine Christian Community Church, a Northeast Kingdom community church, and it was founded by Jeans Spriggs. That sprang out of the Jesus Movement of nineteen seventy two in Chattanooga, Tennessee. So Twelve Tribes started in Tennessee and it has found its way to Katoomba. I don't want to make any crazy claims, given I could be liable for defamation.
Speaker 1: You could google them though. There are a lot of stories on the internet. But I think it's interesting, just like the like social norms they have, like they don't eat sugar or chocolate or coffee or tease. They finish their showers with a cold rinse for one to two minutes to boost the mind. They're all about confessing sins. The men keep beds things like that. That's the light stuff. If you want to dig deeper, I would recommend you do some research, but it will sour your experience dining in the cafe, which I have done myself as well. Eat I don't recall, but the powet is not for me. It's quite like hearty and sturdy and rusty. It's not my vibe. Like you know, you want to get a like a fruit salad and there's like cheese seas on it or something. But what I will say is that I already have this problem that my friends have observed where I don't really pay attention to anything that's not right in front of me. So if we go out to eat, I'm gonna be looking at you through me or my phone. I'm not really taken in the site. But when I went with three friends, they were like, these people were stop staring at you. And I was like, I don't feel like like they're staring at you. So I said, well, you want going to do?
Speaker 2: They're like what they see? Yeah, because they think I could convert her?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they are, you know, I'm down. I'm already half converted at all times. I get what the belief system.
Speaker 2: Is all this I find quite interesting, not because I want to go against it, but because I think we could learn a thing or two about the Yellow.
Speaker 1: Deli way of life, about belonging.
Speaker 2: I think we need to create our own cult Flexi mummy.
Speaker 1: I'm surprised I haven't already, but I think that's what's stopping me is that it takes a lot of sheet effort in dedication. And I also think you really you need to clear common goal and I don't have that yet.
Speaker 2: I think we're gonna make who cult Flexi. I've got it in my third eye.
Speaker 1: You probably called it as soon as it launched. Threads, the new social media app Twitter, rip off from Mark Zuckerberg, is flopping. It's flopping hard. I personally haven't used it since the twenty third of July, and that's for a reasons, because you pioneered that. I pioneered that, and I like to be ahead of the curb. But the issue is for something to maintain. It's a lure. People have to use it, and fundamentally that app it was released to the world half finished. I honestly think Zuckerberg just liked the astrology of launching on that day because it was good astrology for Threads the day at launch. I don't know, but basically, do you know that quote? It's like millionaires don't believe in astrology? What billionaires do?
Speaker 2: Oh no, I like that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I reckon he liked the astrology of the day. He said, Mercury is exactly where it needs to be for this let's launch. Now, what I will say is Zuckerberg himself implied the flop. He said, user engagement has fallen seventy percent after launch, and time spent on the app has dropped from nineteen minutes to four minutes. And I want to know why. I think the fundamental issue is sign up stats were inflated because of how frictionless it was to sign up to Threads. A click of the button, it migrates all your Instagram data to this new platform. But it didn't consider that Instagram is an image based app. These people aren't words funny. It's too much pressure for the average Instagram user to find a way to be profound using words, and we're too far from the day and age of making statuses. We go into this app and we think we've got to be profound, funny, sharp, witty. Everything needs to hit and no one was there being like I just ate a sandwich, Yeah, bring it back, And so that was never going to work for a social app. A social media app, it was lacking so many features. There's no explore page, you couldn't search by topic or search by keyword. You couldn't adjust your algorithm to see anything but what Threads wanted you to see, which was sorry, your friends. And then it would integrate random accounts that it thinks that you would like based on your Instagram usage, which we all know that's different, like what I like differs per platform. Also, one of the biggest barriers I reckon for Threads is that there wasn't a desktop app. You couldn't integrate it with anything on a desktop. We couldn't embed it in an article. So there were heaps of moments to reference threads that have been made, but you could only just share it to Instagra. It's like its own little ecosystem. So based on there, based on Zuckerbird coming out and acknowledging that it's been a floppiana, they have gone ahead and said, well, there are some new updates coming soon. So if you are using Threads at the moment and you think your moment's a way of abandoning it for good. Please stay tuned because Zuckerbird has said there's gonna be two ways to customize your feed, did not disclose in which ways. There's gonna be some translations. If you're bilingual, you might use that. There's gonna be some new ways to filter notifications, a new follow button just esthetically, and a way to approve or follow requests. So it's not looking great for Threads and they've got literally six weeks to really get it together. Don't launch something that's not gonna be a super computer of every app we already have.
Speaker 2: Thanks, I'm sick of it.
Speaker 1: You're listening to Flex and Rooms on Kata.
Speaker 2: The girlies know that when you come to listen to the Flex and from show. No matter who you are, no matter where you live, no matter what your vocation or your sexual preference. Oh, dating is a fantastic topic that we can all learn a bit about. I was on online on the internet and I came across an article by Refinery twenty nine.
Speaker 1: Is it, Mickey?
Speaker 2: I don't know that because it was actually you that found an article, Frank, because you're tireless.
Speaker 1: Ware who work never no warries. And this is an article called.
Speaker 2: One hundred and five Questions to ask your crush when you don't know what to say. Naturally, my interest was peaked immediately by such a story, and I thought we must dig deeper. The girl is must dig deep.
Speaker 1: I'm already stuck on when you don't know what to say? What's the issue? I feel like if you don't know what to say, that's your answer, right.
Speaker 2: Well no, because it's like, especially on the first set, you don't want too many awkward pauses. You need something arsenal, even if you don't use it you somedays you need to feel secure. Essentially, this person says having a crush on someone can simultaneously be the best and worst feeling in the world. I feel you, sis. While that jittery butterflies in your stomach warmth can make you feel giddy and happy, it can also be the most nerve wracking thing ever. They go on to share, and this is all printed out by Mickey The treads are weeping. One hundred and fivequestions to ask your crush. I want to start and debunk every single one of them because I think they are horrible.
Speaker 1: And to clarify back on my point. We all know I make conversation card games. I like questions to get to know people deeper. If you're struggling to do the surface, I'm concerned, but I'm not judging you. Please, okay.
Speaker 2: Number one, what is your star sign? Or don't you?
Speaker 1: Don't you dare to worry about it?
Speaker 2: The amount of people like I read this thing that if you're heterosexual dating and a man knows your star sign ran through, I kind of like him ran through. Yeah, I know, No, that's not a bad thing, you know what I mean? Mickey? I feel like to any of us have put out what's your star sign? And now they've all got the birth chance.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's totally problem.
Speaker 2: Maybe this is a manipulation technique. Do you are you actually about that life? Or you're just saying what you think I want to hear.
Speaker 1: I mean most people aren't really about that life really.
Speaker 2: What is your favorite book of all time? I cannot be ballied unless we've both read it. It's boring. Number three, what kind of music are you into it? What's your favorite album? Are you serious?
Speaker 1: I couldn't even name one and I'm a DJ. Red Flag say less. Number five, where'd you grow up.
Speaker 2: I'll all allow that sixty have any siblings, I'll allow it, but that has to be Like if it's a date that's two hours and you got to the end of tether and you actually want to know, it has to be necessary because again, why do you care?
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter right now.
Speaker 2: So no to siblings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't matter. Like when you know, when people like don't talk about religion and politics on the first day. I feel like your first day is to master conversational rapport. It's not what you're talking about, it's how you're speaking. Are we bouncing, are we joking? Are we vibing? If not, I don't need to know about your siblings. It doesn't matter if you have a parent, want one who cares?
Speaker 2: What's you favorite subject of school? Honestly, like, graduated ten years ago?
Speaker 1: Ten plus ten blush?
Speaker 2: Would you ever get to tell you? I mean, these are absolutely horrendous. If you want to go ring to article.
Speaker 1: And crossing as she grows and it's not looking good, he a w.
Speaker 2: A capers in far scary anyway, I've gone through some of the questions already, but it's time that we turn the focus inwards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're doing a thought experiment for me. Now on a date. She's claimed to have liked a few of these questions, and so I will do her the honor of posing them to her, and with all the enthusiasm she claims to have, she will answer them, Well, sure, do you have a dating type?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: This is so rough. I just can't. I have walked straight into that.
Speaker 2: If I can find one common denominator between all the people that I've gone on, like, i've dated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come on.
Speaker 2: They're all like friendly.
Speaker 1: Oh they're not even Oh my god. One more, give us one way? Okay, what's a dating type? One more? What do you listen to anything? I tell you. The one thing I taught the girl is when you're on the date and you've imposed questions, it's not that telling the truth paint the picture. What's my dating type? I have the best experience of people who treat me well, people who are open to new experiences, people who love to joke and have fun. That's my dating type. For feeling sassy, you say not when I see it? Yes, okay, okay, Next question, what's your ideal first date?
Speaker 2: My ideal first date is someone who organizes it.
Speaker 1: Trauma, trauma, because what you're saying is that you don't go on dates. Say shut up, shut up, Come on. That one is a target of attack.
Speaker 2: You know who you are. Okay, my favorite first date. I want to go on an adventure with you. I want to go out for dinner and then we go and do something crazy like once I went on a date and oh, I actually can't say because it's illegal, but nice, you know, ran into these restaurants that were closed and like jumped on the tables and then walked through Hyde Park and we saw a squirrel and we held hands and we kiss beautiful.
Speaker 1: Oh, lots of crazy stuff happened, I will say. Look, the article is titled one hundred and five questions to ask you a crush when you don't know what to say, And here's my thing. I don't even know what to say, and I don't have a crush on. I imagine that a lot of people would resonate with an article like this because they've hyped up what's happening in the early stages of a day. It honestly is a vibe assessment. I speak to three me often, and I say that some of our relationship isn't asking questions back and forth. It's providing information and someone responding, providing information and responding. What makes the friendship is how we keep responding to each other. We have a similar humor, We like each other's ideas and thoughts. That's the environment you're creating in a day. You're not trying to mind information to create a picture of a person. You're trying to assess a vibe. If you're having difficulties assessing the vibe, I might say there is no vibe, and therefore, go and seek out someone you have a better vibe with you, go and seek therapy. It shouldn't be so prescriptive. You really are looking for something into tangible, but something that ultimately feels good, simple as that.
Speaker 2: Any other questions you'd like to ask me flax before.
Speaker 1: You go, Yes, I have a few. I'd like to ask you. This is a good one. How did you meet your best friend and what do you love about them?
Speaker 2: My best friend's name is Madison. We met on MySpace.
Speaker 1: See this is great tell me more two.
Speaker 2: Thousand and eight. We went to the same school, with different campuses. She was from the country campus. She was a horse girl. She had the cause my space of anyone in our school all HGTML whatever did helping and then we just got talking. Our friendship really was cemented obviously in high school. To this day, we talk every day.
Speaker 1: What do you like about her?
Speaker 2: She's the most one of the most sensitive people I know. Her comprehension skills, very specific comprehension is unheard of.
Speaker 1: She is completely never.
Speaker 2: Makes me feel stupid for being anxious. It's like a safety blanket, but also one of the smartest feel of ever met. An incredible writer and a very very honestly like intellectually gifted.
Speaker 1: What do you reckon? She likes about you? It is like love.
Speaker 2: We have something that is akin to love.
Speaker 1: You'd hope. So after being friends for literally templus, I think I think it's love.
Speaker 2: You know me, I never trust myself. What does she like about me? She likes that I'm creative and that I'm sensitive, and that we like the shared understanding and the shared language that no one else can have except fast too.
Speaker 1: One more question, One more question. What's a compliment that you've been given that stuck with you.
Speaker 2: I went on a show recently. I won't name who it was, but a very I trusted Australian. Yeah, in the entertainment industry said to me, Jee, this is good stuff. Honestly, one of the nicest things. I did repeat this to a date recently. I thought, this is the kind of stuff you need to be said to me. They said, you have an excellent energy and a clever but unpredictable mindea, a rare combination, and a stuck and it's true. I said, damn you stawmicking.
Speaker 1: It's nice to be seen. I was sweating.
Speaker 2: I was so excited. I feel like in a dating scenario, I want someone actually wrote a manifest list. I want someone who thinks that I'm very unique. Yeah, because that's but I need to keep doing the thing where I think about what I want from someone, because I don't know if I want the same thing for them. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Beautiful, I want to be a store.
Speaker 2: I want to be a store mummy. Anyway, print the list one hundred and five questions to ask your question you don't know what to say, and ask your friend. It's so nice answering questions. Flex thanks Yeah, time that I asked the question. Has furiism gone too far here in the human community?
Speaker 1: Not gone far enough?
Speaker 2: I've seen a news story on news dot com dot au man spends twenty two thousand dollars to become a real life Border Collie dog. Instantly, my mind is back to one of the greatest news stories of July August twenty twenty three. There is a zoo in China, Okay. And inside the zoo in China, there is a bear enclosure.
Speaker 1: Skinny bears all across.
Speaker 2: The globe, all across the Internet. I see human in disguise, zoo forced to deny bear is a person in a costume. What I then see is a bear walking on its hind legs, has the saggiest ass I've ever seen on a four legged friend, and the bear. The bear went on the zoo social media and said, some people think I stand like a person. It seems you don't understand me very well. Tell me why when they're trying to convince everybody that the bear is a bear and not a human, do they decide to go first person on the social From bears perspective, It's strange because in this instance, I don't know if we're familiar with the make and build of an average bear, but it's juicy.
Speaker 1: A bear is voluptuous, right, this one is skinny and has no bend in the leg, and also the legs are long. Bears have short legs. No, I think it's legs for short.
Speaker 2: You're giving it body dysmorphia.
Speaker 1: But also I think it's the fact that like we we try and humanize animals to relate to them anyway, Like we pretend that we see cats smiling, and we pretend that we see dogs smirking, And so this just feels like we've taken it too far, perhaps like we've just been able to see a human like character in a bear, and now like it must be human, so that seems more absurd.
Speaker 2: Do you think it's a bear or human?
Speaker 1: I think it's a bear. I think it's a human. But I think it's a bear, you know, No, Like I look at it and say, that's a person for sure, But I know that's just my own filtering and brainwashing.
Speaker 2: If you could be an animal, what would you be?
Speaker 1: A puma?
Speaker 2: A puma? Yeah, pooh mammy.
Speaker 1: Nice as if you're all laughing about, say you ain't in that, mummy, this is flex mummy.
Speaker 2: Pooh pooh mammy, and pom's poms and pruh mammy.
Speaker 1: I've been listening to the Flex and Froom's daily podcast For more, Tune Indicator on da B or stream it on iHeartRadio.