Speaker 1: People do some weird shit.
Speaker 2: Television legend Carrie Ane Kenney fell several meters from a trapeze while performing in the musical Pivot.
Speaker 3: Some things that make more sense than others bring pikes, nurseries, urcury pikes, p y k.
Speaker 4: E sky Why I.
Speaker 1: Hey, as in kill hey?
Speaker 2: Why? Okay?
Speaker 1: Bless yourself for the rude shocks of young adultsthood.
Speaker 5: Why is your life so expensive?
Speaker 1: I'm not even having a good child.
Speaker 2: Is it just.
Speaker 1: By a couple of mitches?
Speaker 6: What about me?
Speaker 5: Don't forget now?
Speaker 1: He is Michtui and one in person. Welcome to episode seventy three one digitally live from Bogan Gate. I feel like I'm noting a Channel nine cross.
Speaker 5: Oh I actually wasn't going to address that. I'm in by Gate. It's illegal for me to leave Greater Sydney. Thanks for that. Oh no, well, I'm only kidding. I got I got the clearance to leave. It's fine. I was only kidding. I wanted to freak you out. But no, I'm in bogen Gate. Back home on the fart.
Speaker 1: It'll be interesting, isn't isn't modern tech beautiful? Mitchell? We've managed to do the show.
Speaker 5: I know we've managed to do this. How's Sydney Lockdown going? I fled?
Speaker 1: Oh god, well, I started the biggest career achievement today. It's my own breakfast show on Kyle and Jackieo's time slot. Finally get a producer. Two week snap, Sydney Lockdown. Come on.
Speaker 5: So there's less people in cars actually listening to your momentous radio promotion. But that's okay.
Speaker 1: But I don't mind. I'm enjoying it. I'm having fun. I'm good, We're saved. Jenna's here as well. High prizekeeper jenn Is in actually in studio, in the flesh. I can see you. How's isolation not isolation quarantine for you?
Speaker 4: You're right, it's been okay.
Speaker 6: Yesterday I spent time with my cat, and I wanted to see her reaction to the Cats Soundtrap, the original Broadway recording.
Speaker 4: She really liked it.
Speaker 1: Really, she would be the only one in the world that enjoyed the remake too.
Speaker 4: Oh no, she didn't listen to the remake. Oh I wouldn't. I wouldn't give her that note.
Speaker 1: It wasn't your last cat deaf, So you weren't able to do that with it? Yes, yes, crumpet crumbed of course, cinmon toast.
Speaker 5: So are you by essential services or something? You're not having to work from home?
Speaker 1: You're in the office, Yeah, playing stupid radio games getting people to guess if it's a fart or a crack is essential. I'm actually getting the vaccine this Sunday I'm getting I'm getting fires. I am my brain condition, I am and my sister is a is a frontline worker, so I have double the reason. And I applied the day before lockdown and they're like, book in for next Sunday. I'm like, great, then lockdown hit. No, you can't get it for months. But Hayden and I booked in and we're both getting fires a Sunday. You believe.
Speaker 6: Wow?
Speaker 5: Wow, isn't fires are a good one? What's the what's the crap one that apparently people don't want? The astro projector.
Speaker 1: Astrosenic Yeah, it would be a great drag name for me. Please work on the stage Astrosedika. She will kill the stage. Now I'm getting fires. Don't be afraid of the vaccine, guys. It's brilliant. Science is amazing. Vaccines are hot.
Speaker 5: Get vaccinated, even Astroseneka. I kid I kid. Apparently it's it's risk free. It's fine. But there you go. You're getting the jab. Lucky you.
Speaker 1: I know I'm the first one. They're like any heart problems, I might probably, but there wasn't a box for that, so I said no, And here I am getting it on Sunday, So all out Live will be happening that like hours after I get my vaccine, so we will see if the service is good on the live because apparently the five G and the vaccine will help me. You might boost the signal.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, Sunday night, Instagram Live. You'll have a little band aid on your shoulder.
Speaker 1: Yes, I will one. I've put up little insta story with let's get vaccinated sticker and everything. Every uful, she went, But welcome to the show. If it is your first time listening, This is it just me? Every week we start the same way with two Is it just me? Something we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate. Mine this week is something that's from the Breakfast show. I did an interview with someone, which was great. He was very lovely, but it made me think, sir, you're useless. God, that's harsh. Okay, lovely guest in society. What role do you serve? It will all make sense when I say it, What do you have? Mitchell?
Speaker 5: Mine is about something that's really troubling the people out in the bush as you know, at home on the farm at the moment. And there's something that's really troubling people. But either I reckon it's a problem in the city as well.
Speaker 1: Really what that that? You're a gay man there the terrifying.
Speaker 5: No, that's got nothing to do with it.
Speaker 1: Or actually a local Celebrian bogen Gate, aren't you.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean the pool is pretty shallow as far as celebrities go in bogen Gate, So I guess so other than Shannon Knowl from Condoberlin, if like a half hour drive away, I'm it really interesting.
Speaker 1: All right, well two regions. I'll do mine first. I think I will jump in. But also we're doing another round of you've brought this to the table, Mitchell, But we don't talk back tings on the show today.
Speaker 5: Ray, Yes, a lot of people say this is their favorite. When I was listening to like thick the hours of talkback during the drive back home and I finally found something cooked, I was like, oh my god, I have to bring that up. I think it's brilliant. It's a bit out there, but I think that you could actually implement it into you know, Sydney radio.
Speaker 1: Mitchell, Oh, listen, I'm on Breakfast number one, sorry by in front of Jones and Amanda, So we will have to see. We'll do that later on the show talkback. Things were ready for my igy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 1: Let's go. Is it just me? Are you unsure what purpose royal commentators serve?
Speaker 5: It sounds like a self appointed job, right, Yes, it's not a role.
Speaker 1: I mean I will love to meet a McDonald's commentator, but it doesn't exist.
Speaker 5: No, it's ever doesn't.
Speaker 1: But maybe that's what that's my point. All these royalists have come together and gone, hey, we're just obsessed with this drama pre Crown on Netflix. There was this underground cult obsession with the royals. They all must have a Reddit page or an email read and they decided to be royal commentators and commentator in the royal family. But they all have the weirdest connection, like it was a royal commentator today because it's Princess Diana's would have been her sixtieth birthday, but she was murdered, assassinated by the Royals, allegedly, And I heard one on the news today and he went, yeah, Princess Diana frequented the local cafe that I went to, and I knew. I knew that she'd hate this statue.
Speaker 5: How would you not?
Speaker 6: Do you remember just before the Meghan and Harry's Oprah interview, and I'm pretty sure there were YouTubers who did a prank and got all these royal commentators and said, this will be aired after the interview, just act as if you've seen it, and they all acted as if yes, Yeah. I was disgusted when Meghan said They were like.
Speaker 5: Oh, I think that it was clear that Meghan was lying. You could tell from her body language. It's like, you haven't seen it, dog.
Speaker 1: It hasn't happened. It makes me sick, and it literally they all get one this morning the Today Show. And yes, I was walking past Windsor Castle and I knew Elizabeth was seeing the new statue of Diana. The hell did you know? You have no right to say this? And what the fuck's a commentator? You've got a tennis commentator, go for? You're watching sport football commentators? Yeah, fantastic, you're watching something happening, But royal commentating isn't real.
Speaker 5: It's kind of like social commentators, like you know those pre mixedwens of the world that just kind of get up on breakfast TV or any sort of panel show and just go on rants. And it's like, who what qualifies you to go on these rants? Why is your social commentary more important than some clown typing comments on Facebook. It's just I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like you have a flannel shirt, Mitch, you're gonna rebrand? Is a flannel shirt commentator? I don't think so.
Speaker 5: I could, but I don't have a lot to say. It needs to be something that you could honestly commentate about. Like if you get a nerd started on Minecraft, for example, they talk for how if they won't shut up. I don't think there's anything like that that I could be a commentator about. You could easily be, like, I don't know, a Rupeaul commentator or a macis commentator. As he said, Jennet could be a murder commentator.
Speaker 1: I'll try and be a I'll try and be a McDonald's commentator. So, Mitch, pretend we're on a breakfast talk show and Macus has just dropped a new menu item. So to comment on it, you've got macas commentator, Mitch mac because that's what my name would be, Mitch Sesame.
Speaker 5: See no this we're not doing a fake name. We're doing this as though you could actually do this tomorrow and like this could be your new gig. You could leave Rady and become a Macus commentator.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, I've got news music if you want it, I do have it.
Speaker 5: Yeah right, hit it. And the Big Mac as we know it is about to get a make over there, expanding the family. We cross now to our McDonald's commentator, Mitchell Cherry. Mitch, what can you tell us about the new burghersh.
Speaker 1: It is great to be here, Mitch. You're cute as a nugget. I would wrap you in sweet and sour if I could, and I would. Let me tell you, it's a pleasure to be here today. And the new Mac range is expanding its chores to Australia, a long time coming, New Zealand, Asia, Paraguay, China and we believe at Madagascar have had the macrange since ninety seven, and of course we didn't have the mac range in ninety seven because of the massacre that took place on Max Street in nineteen ninety seven. Of course it was a bit on the nose.
Speaker 5: Okay, you're just making shit up now, I can't. This is an audition to any of the TV stations.
Speaker 1: Now, that's what they do. They find links and they fluff shit. Ha. Anyway, that's my agent. I've got it out of my system. You ready, Mitchell, Yeah, let's go.
Speaker 5: Is it just me? Is TV so confusing now?
Speaker 1: Yes? Like the show, Yes, all the.
Speaker 5: Free to wear TV shows. They're like swapping channels and it's so hard to keep up. I might even do a quiz with you guys. Right, So Australian Idol, where would you find that?
Speaker 4: Channel ten?
Speaker 6: Ten?
Speaker 5: Well, it used to be, but it's coming back to seven? Yes, far yes, Farmer wants a Wife? Where would you find that nine?
Speaker 1: That's nine?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: Channel seven now again Channel seven is need to be picking up all the oldies Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 4: I think that's back to seven, ye, but it was ten.
Speaker 1: It was ten because Grant Daniels ten.
Speaker 5: Yes, it went seven then ten? Now back to seven? What about Beauty and the Geek? Where would you find that?
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm on that show. I do know that channel.
Speaker 4: I would say ten.
Speaker 5: No, it is Channel nine. I also got it wrong, Jenna. Can I tell you, Mitchell? You know how you told us last week that you'd locked in Sophie Monk to come on the show. Yeah, so she's hosting Beauty in the Geek and she's going to come on our podcast to promote it. And before that we'd spoken off the cloud about getting her on the show. You said, oh, let me reach out, and I I just didn't believe you. I thought you would, like you've done many times before, not actually do it. And so I took it upon myself to reach out to one of my publicists. But I emailed the wrong TV station.
Speaker 1: Oh no, she was so confused, or who did you email instead of Channel nine publicity?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 5: I thought Bearding in the Geek was on Channel fucking seven, didn't I? So I emailed them. I said, Hey, who's looking after Sophie Monk's press schedule? And they were like, we can't help you with that for Channel nine and I was like, oh no, I should have just trusted Mitchell. I shouldn't looked what I've done. I've made a fool of myself.
Speaker 1: I'm on the fucking show. This is the one thing that I do know, the one time I can actually get a guest.
Speaker 5: I know, I believe me. I seriously thought it was on Channel seven. Since when is it on nine? No?
Speaker 1: I completely agree. I even said to the team, Oh, what's it like working at Channel seven when we were filming? I think fuck Production Company was running it and not Channel seven. They're like, oh, babe, we're and am ol shine. I got no idea. This is Channel nine. Just so you know, thank.
Speaker 5: God, You're like, I wore red for this. What do you mean it's Channel line? Well? Can I just say, if you think TV is confusing enough for us, it's even more confusing in the country, right. Did you know Mitchell Jenna would know being from Dubbo. Did you know that all the stations have different names out in the bush.
Speaker 1: For what reason would they need to have different names?
Speaker 5: That baffles me because it's like they've got their own TV networks, but they simulcast whatever's happening in the city. Like the last few years, Channel ten have been called WIN, right, and I.
Speaker 6: Don't like that because it was originally Channel nine was WIN.
Speaker 5: That's right. Channel nine was WIN for ages. Then WIN became Channel ten for the last few years. But today I'm not even kidding. Literally today they swapped again, so WIN is now Channel nine and Channel ten shows will be on Southern Cross ten. It's very confusing, even especially for old people like my mother. She was complaining to me this morning about actually see if she's here.
Speaker 1: Jane her house. Hope, Yes, she's near coming here, probably in the kitchen.
Speaker 5: Jay was selling this morning. She's very upset because she's very confused about her favorite show. What were you telling me? Mitch and Jenner? Here?
Speaker 1: Hi, Mitch and Jenna. Jay.
Speaker 8: I was having a bit of a winge because I love watching The Ball and the Beautiful and I won't know what channel to put it on now.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that's very important, more than the news, I'd say.
Speaker 5: Also, where was it before?
Speaker 8: Was on channel eight? Right?
Speaker 5: You press eight on the remote? Now, what do you press? Bye? There you go. You know what you're doing. You'll be able to find it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, I hope so, because I don't want to miss Brooken Ridge. You never know what they're going to get up to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exact, Clara, I thank you, Jane, Jane, bathroom there you go. So if it's confusing for young people like us, what hope do the elderly like my mother have. It's like, whenever people tell me that they don't listen to podcasts because they find them confusing, I'm like, what do you mean? Our podcast US is in the same place whenever you want it. You can listen at any time you like, just choose an app and it's there all the time. There's no chopping and changing like all the bloody TV channels.
Speaker 1: You know, the one network that never changes, the fucking pawn channels?
Speaker 5: What porn channel?
Speaker 1: Always it's always ninety seven, ninety eight, ninety nine sexy singles in your area, ready.
Speaker 5: To play Jesus. I don't know about you, Jenna, but they didn't have that out in the country when I'm up there.
Speaker 1: I didn't know need the suicide rates to drop if you did that you're listening to Is it just me the podcast that abribes you for your please? All right? Yeah? He leave us a review five stars. Please. It keeps us going on the cloud. It's like getting a homeless person the cheeseburger. It will keep us on.
Speaker 5: And plus weirdest analogy of ef but it worked everyone knows.
Speaker 1: That's how we pay Jen. It's just a double beef and bacon on the day. Wow a Maca's heavy episode.
Speaker 5: Yeah are you hungry, Darlin?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been up since three. I had a bowl of Sultana brand and that went fucking soggy.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, that stuff does go soggy, doesn't know how upsetting So.
Speaker 1: I didn't get to eat it. So no, I haven't had any food. But I'm running on two oatmeal glattes. So let's get some reviews on. If your review is red out, price keep Agenna will send you out a rare season three commemorative Egian mug. Mit your working people, buy these.
Speaker 5: Head to the Lincoln our Instagram buy if you want to buy a mug. If you can't be bothered rolling the dice and trying to win one by leaving a review, you can just buy yourself one. But if you do hear your review red out, you have to message Jenna within seven days. Jenna, can I ask, actually, how often do people not mesage you within the seven days?
Speaker 4: Surprisingly quite a lot of people really.
Speaker 1: Yes, Yeah, well that's their own fucking fault.
Speaker 5: If you leave a review, you've got to listen to hear if it's thread out, that's how this works.
Speaker 1: Hey, Josh Maxim, if you're listening, buddy, you've got yourself a mug. Your best podcast ever on Apple Podcasts, listening since day one, haven't looked back. I've been listening to komb since. Sorrychury, I look forward to my Mondays to have an hour to sit down and enjoy my time.
Speaker 5: Did he actually say what he's been listening to my old podcast? I'm assuming yeah, not my cup of tea, not.
Speaker 1: My cot I don't know, no wonder it was canceled, historically canceled. I low key want Shuri to be my personal stylist because you're always looking bougie. Oh take that back. He also fucking not my cup of tea. He gives you a shit when he commiments PS, love you, Jenna. All dogs welcome in my house.
Speaker 2: Call you a dog.
Speaker 4: It's great.
Speaker 5: I like him. I'm disrespectful within the reference to last week when I said that I don't like inside dogs.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought he was saying, love you meet you love your old podcast, Mitch, your fashion is great, and Jenna every the podcast needs a good dog.
Speaker 5: Jenna mutts like you were welcome under my roof, fuck you.
Speaker 1: That's the best. We will send that mug out. What's your name, Josh Maxim? This one is Brent jd nineteen ninety nine. Good Year keeps my drive to work fun. I live for this podcast. I've been following all of you guys for ages. I love both Mitchell's and have always had a good laugh in the car every episode. I didn't realize how funny Jenna was. I remember hearing her when she was working with Jason p J and Melbourne. Oh, which is the Kiss Breakfast Show? That you had a short stint at nine months and there were allegations, but we won't go. Thank you for the weekly podcast, also for the smaller ones when I don't have enough time for the full episode on which that's you you make the little snacker. I love that.
Speaker 5: I'm glad someone appreciates that I'm catering this podcast to those with short attention spands like myself. So there you go, it's working.
Speaker 1: That's Brent j. Nineteen ninety nine. Brand all right, don't forget leave a review seven days to get in contact with Jennak get a free season three mugg You can buy them on the link and our buyer. But today, are we all ready for our fan favorite segment? Of course, let's roll talkback teams.
Speaker 5: So talkback Tings is where we play the weird shit that happens on talkback radio. It's such a unique, cooked world of its own, isn't it talkback radio?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, it isn't coming from FM radio? Tight bright, no dead air, You move on. You don't really have conversations unless that's the point of the whole segment. But talk back now they got a field endless amounts of air.
Speaker 5: Well. I heard something during the six hour drive back home to bogen Gate wearingham right now, and I thought, oh, that's very out there. That's odd. But I'm thinking, Mitch, you can implement it into your FM radio world. So John Law's right, the King. We've heard from him quite a few times in this segment. He was taking a call from someone and halfway through he sort of just broke into song. What but he wasn't singing. It was more like poetry.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 5: It sounds weird, but give it a listen. I really think Mitch, you should know take this on board.
Speaker 1: I don't think I need it. I think my show is just fine. But we have the audio. This is Jong Laws on AM Radio.
Speaker 2: One three hundred five six four sixty five two. Should you like to give us a call and tell us.
Speaker 1: What sorry that fucking number? Simplify it.
Speaker 5: It's like one three hundred John Laws. It spelled his name.
Speaker 1: Hey, listeners already have damage frontal loaves like, don't make them have to hours? Is thirteen one o six five easy. I'm sure you.
Speaker 5: Know when you use the text on a Nokia as the letters and numbers would be there. I'm pretty sure one three hundred whatever it is that spells one three hundred John Laws.
Speaker 4: Oh my WSFM.
Speaker 1: Oh that's actually smart. So they catered for that back in the day when that was really cool.
Speaker 5: But he doesn't say that. He says the number in four one three hundred five six four six fighter.
Speaker 1: His listeners can barely remembiner to take their blood pressure medication, not alone that number. All right here, continuing the audio.
Speaker 2: It is that is on your mind? We better talk to Ross Ross? Are you there?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Mate?
Speaker 2: Okay, what do you want to talk about? Ross?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 9: Yeah, just I had a bit of a culture shop myself the other day. I drive a truck up and down the up the coast and Queensland coast, and after as far as Mount Eyser, and I was getting ready to find in me truck and the gear bag was missed five minutes on the front sets. And I come from a country town where you went down the pub and you left your wallet and your money on the on the bar when you.
Speaker 1: Went to the toilet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nobody touched the thing. Yeah. Oh, God knows what's happened to that lovely attitude we used to have in little towns where you could do anything you like. You just got to be so careful these days because the world has become a much more violent place than a much more dishonest place than it used to be.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and you know, everyone looked after everyone else.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 9: Everyone looked up for everyone up now it makes a really paranoid about people, you know.
Speaker 2: I remember a story I did about little towns. I might read that for you.
Speaker 6: Oh no, ye.
Speaker 2: Okay, ros turn your radio on and listen, because it's a good story about little towns. Are you ready?
Speaker 1: Where do you get a good town from.
Speaker 3: Let's just think about the magic of the little town. A little town is where everybody knows what everybody else is doing, but they read the weekly newspaper just to see who got caught doing it. A little town is where if you get the wrong number, you can talk for fifteen minutes anyway if you want to. In any town, the ratio of good people to bad people is one hundred to one.
Speaker 5: Where'd you get that statistic?
Speaker 1: From?
Speaker 3: One hundred are uncomfortable in a little town the one is uncomfortable. A small town policeman has a first name. The small town school teacher has the last word. The small town preacher is sometimes a full time farmer. The small town fireman takes turns. And you say, why would anybody want to live in one of these tiny blink? And you missed towns. I don't know, maybe because in the class play there's a part for everybody. What in the town jail there's rarely anybody? And then the terms you're still among friends?
Speaker 1: Oh my, Mitchell, what did you think when you heard that live?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, I'll be honest, I did think, what the fuck is going on? Where did this come from? And I also did think, oh, he's clearly not reading that live. His voice sounds way younger.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was in the mid eighties at least the phlem wasn't on his throat as well at that point in time.
Speaker 5: But then I thought, this is John Laws we're talking about. He has been in radio for four hundred years, and so there must be some key to his longevity. And I feel that that might be the fact that he really thinks outside the box. So, Mitchell, I think you should take inspiration from his poetry.
Speaker 4: I was quite inspired.
Speaker 1: And what starts some poetry on the night show or the national breakfast show that I'm doing.
Speaker 5: No, precisely, that's what I'm thinking. You've got this new fancy radio gig. You're doing breakfast hours at the moment, and I was thinking you should call your boss and find some gentle guitar music similar to what John Laws has with the pan Flete and then just say to him, hey, man, I've got this idea. Can you let me know what you think of this and then wing it? Just improvise something similar to that.
Speaker 1: Hold on, wait a second, now, I don't want to implement this in my show. I've got enough content. I'm more than a cross it.
Speaker 5: Hey, if it's good enough for the great John Laws, it's good enough for you, bucko. You could learn a thing or two from him. I feel like poetry could be your thing.
Speaker 1: I found some music. This is perfect. This is lovely, sounds like something from Banjo KAZUOI.
Speaker 5: Okay, so call you bof dB.
Speaker 1: No, no, I'm going to call my producer. I'm going to call my producer, Alex Alex. Yeah, Alex is my producer for the Winter Breakfast show.
Speaker 5: That I oh wait, that is that the same intern Alex that we had on this podcast. We brought her into Oust Jenna.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yes we did, and then.
Speaker 5: We offered her a role on this podcast as a producer, and then she ghosted it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, she fucking did.
Speaker 4: Came never.
Speaker 5: We did a welfare check and we just presumed she was dead. So she's back from the dead working on your radio show, is she?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she got the call up. She's my head producer.
Speaker 4: She's alive.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 5: I can't believe she faked her own death just to get out of working on this podcast. That's unbelieva.
Speaker 4: That's something I would do.
Speaker 1: You should imagine my when I got a call from a number, I thought it's a polt.
Speaker 5: Guys anyway, so maybe call Alex then, your producer and just say, oh god, this is actually better because she'll be really polite. She won't have the heart to tell you that it's fucking stupid. Yeah, like, hey, babe, I'm thinking outside the box. I want to bring something fresh to the radio show next week. What do you think of? And then what do you want your poem to be about?
Speaker 1: Or maybe ask her, now, what's what's my poem to be? And I'm gonna have to have an idea for a poem? What about Princess Diana's mural.
Speaker 5: That nah, you do better? You do better when you're improvising. Maybe ask her to give you a random topic.
Speaker 1: Oh good, Yeah, Okay, I'm going to dial her through. I'm going to connect my phone so she knows it's me. Fucking hell.
Speaker 5: Can I hear the music again?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I've got options. So this gentle guitar number three, which you've heard, this sounds like the final Ballad of the Titanic as it's into the North Pacific.
Speaker 2: Does? Yeah?
Speaker 5: That one's too emo. It needs to be a bit inspiring. Yeah, this one sounds like New Poise panty line if by Libra it does?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it does. I like the bat trash, It's true milk because I don't want the calthium and take from regular milk. That's why I drink so good. All right, No, I like three, this is it. This is it. Okay, that's it. I'm gonna call it, but I'm going to get her opinion on which it's me. You're not you won't speaker phone rule number one, like I taught you. Oh, I had an idea for the show. I'm thinking, you know how you have Tom Gleismer from Have you been paying Attention? Monday? Yeah, I'm thinking on Tuesday, just to like tie into that comedy aspect and the fun we should do. Okay, I should do poetry on the air, okay, like live poetry, live lyrics about a topic that's current, Okay, cool fun.
Speaker 6: It'd be like, yeah, like I have like a slam poetry kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, not even slam, like inspiring, Like I want to inspire like like people like kids listening, what's topical, what's happening at the mow in like culture?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean you.
Speaker 1: Could you know, kind of do something inspiring in terms of Brittany, you know, Britney Spears, people control you. Oh my god, Britney Spears cooking. I just like get some music out and I like i'd sing to music ideas.
Speaker 5: It'd be like.
Speaker 1: We knew you from a girl titan cue, but now look at you like an old haggard boot free Brittany. Let her out of that cage, Poor poor Brittany. It makes me filled with rage. Blonde hair, blue eyes, her father doing this. I despise something like that, you know, like a poem, a current, Yeah yeah, that could work. Or what else is topical? Well, I mean royal or topical royals? Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. You shouldn't have got in that taxi cab. I'll die. Why did you have to die? You would have been sixty today, it's the sixty anniversary of her.
Speaker 7: If there was a statue made for die and it was built from concrete and lie, concrete and line.
Speaker 1: A beautiful son's attended, tension was at an all time No sign of Queen Lizzie, no sign h Philip wasn't there. I guess he probably couldn't, because Philip.
Speaker 5: Died, just like Die.
Speaker 1: Princess died. Yes see, I think there's something you die too. All right, Well, well we can talk Monday and then we'll send it to managementcause I reckon that's good to center like dB the buses. Yeah, I love that. Okay, fabulous, all right, thanks Alex, I'll talk to you over the weekend. Love you, love you. See Thanks the tips. Oh my god.
Speaker 5: Now that didn't that didn't even feel like a prank call. That felt like a genuine fucking brainstorm. And you know what, I'm soul. I loved it.
Speaker 1: I actually might run that audio on Monday morning.
Speaker 5: That was inspirator. Oh my god, that was actually quite impressive. You know what, Maybe save it for when you're back doing nights radio because I believe you don't have a news reader, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have no newsreader.
Speaker 5: That could be your way of keeping people in foroard. You just sing the news at them. Imagine Sandra Sully doing that.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, twelve dead in a car crash on the Hume high Away this morning.
Speaker 5: Do you know what the most impressive part was?
Speaker 1: What? What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 5: The fact that John Laws's poem wasn't actually rhyming. I don't know if you realized that, but you managed to make your rhyme even though you didn't need to.
Speaker 1: Because I've been to fucking theater school, I started improv if there's one thing in life I can do, I will never be a builder, never be a salesman. If there's one thing I can do, it's fucking rhyme on a song. I don't know where that is ever going to come in handy, but you know what, I've got it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you've found your niche and you need to go for it. I think this is your new thing. I mean, I'm saying this now, like, oh, you should definitely start doing this on radio or on our podcast. But I think if if one week you came in and said I have another poem, we'd be like, oh, the moment's passed. We've been caught up at the moment.
Speaker 1: Now, well, geez, nice to know that I've got in the nahble after an executive producer from a big break, you.
Speaker 5: Know that I obviously have more honesty than that. I'd tell you if something is shit.
Speaker 1: What do you mean you would you do? I'm like, man, why don't we make pancakes on the show and throw them at Sam?
Speaker 4: And you go, no, Dylan, I think that's a great idea.
Speaker 1: Can we do it guys week four? Or without Sam? Is he okay?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Who knows?
Speaker 1: What's he doing.
Speaker 5: I don't know, well, I think he might be caught up in Sydney lockdown.
Speaker 1: True, we forget that general gener and I are essential and she's not essential.
Speaker 2: Not.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, can I tell you something? Just because we're all friends here and I know that I'm in an environment where I'm not being judged, of course, i'd fucking slaugh to someone for a vapor right now?
Speaker 1: Do not have one?
Speaker 5: No, I thought, because you now have been weaning off them slowly. I thought that if I was going out clubbing and stuff, it'd be like temptation. I'm with friends social vaping. But because we're in lockdown two weeks of no clubbing or any socializing, I'm like, now it's the time. So I haven't bought a single vape with me to bogen Gate, and.
Speaker 1: It's not easy to be fair. I did think that you were in my neighborhood this morning. When I woke up, Sidney was blanketed in fog. I thought, shit, Mitchell Combs is back in town. But no, it was just thick natural fog. It wasn't you on the vapes. I was very confused at the moment, but it all was all cleared up Wow, what it happened? What a show? You know what randampause for us? Another isolation show. I mean, where is studio? But Mitch, you're You're on bogen Gate and we made it work just for you idiots listening.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was only going to come home for a couple of days. This was always the plan, even before we went into lockdown. But now that I'm here, I'm like, might just stay put a bit. I'd rather be locked down with the crisp country air than in Sydney.
Speaker 1: Are you guys? So can you like go out and shop like without masks or is it New South Wales Wide?
Speaker 5: No? Because I came from Sydney, I still have to obey the stay at home order, so I'm stuck on the fucking fart oh only allowed to leave for like employment purposes. So the only time I've left is to post the is it just me mugs that people have ordered.
Speaker 1: I'll just reach out to the park's dish and ask if you can do an insta story for them and give them ten bucks and there you go. Pay you leave the bog and Gate, all right, thanks for listening. Seventy three Is it just Me? You can follow us on socials a couple of Mitches back on the TikTok. Now that Mitchell doesn't have an actual full time job, he can edit again, which is great and I feel bad saying that, but I've got guys. My only skill is able to rhyme and sing songs on the spot. But Mitchell's skill.
Speaker 5: What you're talking about. It's not like I ever stopped editor.
Speaker 1: No, I know, but you would. Got su are busy for a period. But now, oh my god, the TikTok's are back. I've had someone message me and go, I'm so glad I found your show on TikTok yesterday.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a lot of people do come from TikTok. They give us the follow up already.
Speaker 1: We will see you next week for seventy four and of course we'll see you on Instagram live this Sunday night. We do it every week six o'clock on our Instagram page. It's week. And buy mugs as well and leave us a review five stars. It keeps us going on the cloud. In the meantime, Mitch Day safe in bog and game. We'll see you guys next week.
Speaker 5: We will catch you guys next week.
Speaker 1: Bye bye. Is it just me?
Speaker 5: A podcast by a.
Speaker 4: Couple of mitches.
Speaker 1: Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast.
Speaker 5: Suff welcome to add brief. This is our secret segment. On the end, we pretend that we're done, We go bye, guys, and then we keep chatting away. Only our favorite listeners have discovered the secret. Though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, sometimes the best part, sometimes the worst.
Speaker 4: Most of the time it's the worst.
Speaker 5: I would say it's the worst, which is why we keep it a secret. We want people to think that we're kind of okay at producing a decent podcast. But this bit is just us talking shit.
Speaker 1: This is kind of like the after party. You know. Sometimes you have a great party and it's and it's produced, right. There's cake, and there's yeah, you know, lollly bags, and there's the event, and there's performances and there's speeches. It's a whole it's a whole production. And then you go, you know what is an after party? Not everyone's invited or you don't have to come. We're just going to John O's and it's gonna be loose, like bring your own alcohol and like no promises. You might get a blowy in the backyard, but hey, so you'll go. Sometimes the after party is the best part, and.
Speaker 4: You're just still sitting around.
Speaker 5: And sometimes they do keep the after party a secret from some people, like you know, they don't want like the Daggy aren't coming to the fucking after party.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they're like me and you, Mitchell and everyone. At Kyle's fiftieth we go to his after party. You get straight in because Mitch's so confident. We're on Kyle's yacht. I think we mentioned, Oh maybe we've told this story. Anyway, Mitch walks straight into the after party and I go up and my name's not on the lease. He's like, Noah, you can't come in. I'm like, oh, I'm a cash cop.
Speaker 5: When yeah, I gotta let in.
Speaker 1: No worries Mitchell Coombs, Is it just me and kiss? FM walks straight in as a cartwheel up the step and then I can't even get in. I've got kiss tattooed on my fucking forehead. My year ten after party was really good. I remember it. It was a huge event.
Speaker 5: Year's ten. Who had a good memory from year to ten? Part if you wouldn't have been drinking or anything, Yeah we were.
Speaker 1: I was really straight and really skinny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you wouldn't have been drinking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, of course I was. My parents let me drink. I had double backs and.
Speaker 5: Be hi because you've always been like, not much of a drinker.
Speaker 1: It was a ride of passy. I lived in the shi for god, so I had a couple of U dls. You know, I fingered a girl in the backyard. It was what we did.
Speaker 5: Oh, how revaulting I did?
Speaker 1: It was awful. What was your year ten formal mess? Did you have a year ten formal than a year twelve Farewell?
Speaker 5: I don't think I even went. Actually, no, that's that's a lie. I went to the junior dinner dance with my girlfriend. Well, I know, I got a record sage. I was very charming.
Speaker 1: I can imagine. Then what about year twelve? Were you out in year twelve?
Speaker 5: I think by the time we had our graduation, I'd come out to a few friends and so by that point I didn't have a buzz cut. I had a quiff gay right of passage and so, but I wasn't like out now like, I don't think I told my parents at that point. But yeah, I wasn't like there with a fucking guy. I put it that way.
Speaker 1: Jesus. Yeah. Now, did you guys have awards at your formals?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, I was talking about this literally today with Mum. Right, So I feel like they just put these awards on shuffle and give it to any old clown because I got the school Spirit Award, which is absurd because my bragging right was that I had not been to a single swimming or athletics carnival the entirety of high school, and I openly had no school spirit. So for me to get the school Spirit of War was just fucking ridiculous. There were people there who actually had school spirit and were there leading on all the fucking chance give me a bee, and they didn't get the school Spirit of war, but I did. It was ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember I got We all voted in my year, so mine was legit. And I remember Kylie Aquell came up to me and said, Mitch, you've won three awards, but you can only have one for fairness, so you get to pick what. Yeah, and I got to pick out of class clown, biggest gossip or best personality.
Speaker 5: Oh so they were like joke awards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well best personality is a bit fucking arrogant. Wasn't it. But of course that's the one that's fifty. No, how old have I been, seventeen year old Mitch pitt chows. I was like, best personality your bode Well, it'll be great on the great on the resume. So I go, I want best personality. But I was torn with class clown because a lot of my like comedy icons have always said I was class clown. But I went with the best personal and I got a sash. I was seeing the events, I gave it to myself.
Speaker 6: It was awful people who won class clown and all.
Speaker 1: That my class clown I think is dead.
Speaker 5: Has anyone from your year actually died?
Speaker 1: Oh? How horrific have they? Not? My year? But there's been people above it under yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a guy my year died, ut said about it? Who I actually liked him? He died in a car accident.
Speaker 1: I think, oh awful, Sorry, mitche I've had that too. It does you know what, as horrendous as it is, it does unite a year like or it does unite a group of friends at that age, in those formative years, having something traumatic happen really unites a bunch of people.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I'm talking after we graduated.
Speaker 1: Oh post graduation.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, at the five year reunion, it's like, whatever happened to that guy? keV Ah dead? Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh no we had it. We didn't have our five year reunion because apparently I was meant to organize it. And you know me, Mitchell, if that was the case, it was never happening.
Speaker 5: Oh you were not going to have a ten or twenty nothing. Why the fuck were you meant to organize?
Speaker 1: They said you were a school captain, you needed to organize. Yeah, what about Melchi too, Campbell, the female school captain, she could have fucking pulled her way, But no, she's working for Rio Tinto and the banks.
Speaker 5: Too busy, right, God, why would they expect you to organize it? Did they realize that what they're up against?
Speaker 1: I was very organized in high school, befo had nothing else to do. School was my life. I love school, so like I was pouring myself into that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I got when I came home the other day, I was looking through my my cupboard and I had all my folders that were color coded and really organized, and you know how you get the dividers but each subject, and I was like, fuck, I was organized. Look at this.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, did you guys have a school folder?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like I remember when you get to year ten, you got your backpack. I had a lunch pack, fruity two to break him, a little glad ziploc bag. And then once you get to senior the one the uniform changed, and two the backpack. You got rid of the backpack and you got like a giant clip folder that has the ring binder, like a big thick ring butter. And you didn't have books. You just had loose leaf pages with dividers. That was like English extension, English drama. And I'm like, what, books are so much easier than this, But we had to go to the folder. Did you guys have it?
Speaker 5: Just like? There was no directive that we had to swap from books to folders. Why is it just like an unspoken rule that once you're a senior youth folders Now you don't you.
Speaker 4: Thought about it, but it's true.
Speaker 1: Did you do folded too? Yeah? I did folders too, and one.
Speaker 5: Wasn't in force. It was just the thing to do. I don't think anyone ever questioned it. No, I don't think I would have gotten in trouble if I suddenly used books in year twelve.
Speaker 1: Now, I remember Jerome Simpson used books and they were contacted and he was horrifically bullied for it. I was school captain, I was, I was, you know, social commentator. I was very good.
Speaker 5: I don't think you're capable of bullying anyone to their faith.
Speaker 1: True. Also, i'd feel too guilty. I'd probably if I ever did bully anyone. And I'm not entorsing it. This is me. If I would apologize whenever I'm land Yeah, you were, and then I'd bully them back, It'd be a cycle of constant bullying to bully the bullies. It was awful, backward robin hood. I loved school, like I actually really enjoyed it.
Speaker 5: No, I didn't, not, Jennet, what schood did you go to?
Speaker 4: Oh it was a long time ago, you know it is.
Speaker 1: Of course you still had the death penalty. Yeah, if you didn't obviously, Chris picks in the moment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I was a close Yeah.
Speaker 1: Or the only subject you could do was home eg Yeah, nothing else, didn't you of course?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Jenna's First school is now a Heritage listed site.
Speaker 4: Yeah it is.
Speaker 5: It is an abandoned, termite infested shed.
Speaker 6: Yes, but my second has been turned into a museum.
Speaker 1: Oh beautiful, because that's where the dinosaurs asteroid hit. Right, Mitchell, my school is sinking.
Speaker 5: What what have you done?
Speaker 1: Well? I was there for seven years of it, so no, it's sinking because we're built because I'm in I was in the in the shire, which is like Botany area where Captain cookland and horrifically and it's all mangroves there like water, so the school is built on mangroves, so it's literally mud. There's no there's no ground under it, so we sink. So every year we go down in two millimeters. It was like an old school myth. And when it rains we get flat because we are like underwater and under sea level. It's awful.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that happens with my childhood home, the one that I'm currently in. That Oh, even when my brother was renovating the bathroom, just the house either sinks or like the clay beneath it. During the drought, in particular, because the soil was so dry, it actually did the opposite, like it expanded like and the house was like reverse sinking. And so when my brother was renovating the bathroom and stuff. They started getting like cracks in the wall and shit, it's very weird building a house upon Clay don't recommend it.
Speaker 1: Oh good, I'll just I'll have to call my buildroom let him know he's concrete. Hayden said to me the other days that we should buy a house. I'm like, we can barely afford the fucking bts Mac's mail bait.
Speaker 4: Buy a house, that's what he said.
Speaker 1: Hell, he's on that TikTok money.
Speaker 5: Oh oh god, you're starting to get that like commitment fear, aren't you. He says, buy a house, and you're like, no.
Speaker 1: No, I don't have commitment fear. I just I just don't know if you have to go to a bank, don't you sounds like.
Speaker 5: A lot of work buying a house, so much time.
Speaker 1: And they're like, what's your at score? I don't have any credit, Like I've never had a credit card in my life. A credit I'm too scared of. I have to pay. Yeah, I'm like, what do your mean, bab Why don't use dodo? I've got a plan my dad pays for it. Still did he? Actually no, he stopped when I moved out of home. He literally sat me down and was like, mate, this is disgusting. I'm paying your phone bill and you have your own national radio show. Something's not adding up. And I went, you're right, you should also be paying my internet. No, he pulled it off. Look who's who's here?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: Come in, come in, Mitchell. Look who's Mitchell? Can't see am I supposed to? Look?
Speaker 5: Who there?
Speaker 4: I don't want her to come in. I don't like her.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Jenna is very upset bringer in ladies and gentlemen. We'll know some fans will be excited. Is she coming in? We just waved her over and she is? She there?
Speaker 7: Guest.
Speaker 5: I feel like one of the listeners right now because I've got no idea what's going on?
Speaker 1: Oh this is exciting. This is like a she is does say it works? Does it work? Sit down on Mike number three please, Mitchell is on on remote, the satellite from Bogan Gate. You're on Mike three and they are going to give you clues in a different voice.
Speaker 4: And I don't like them.
Speaker 1: Jenna doesn't like us.
Speaker 5: All right, Oh my god, it's Natalie Penn's file.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can't hear anything. She's got no headphones. I also have a block to ear. Oh, had that happened?
Speaker 10: I was sick?
Speaker 1: Covid did.
Speaker 10: And then it like the fluid moved to my ears. I can't hear a thing.
Speaker 5: Well that We need to get you back on again properly, sometime soon. We need you to guest host the show again.
Speaker 1: Mitch is saying, we need to get your back. No, no, you can still put them in there. Look, studios were Instead of a microphone, they're talking to a tin can on some string and hope it broadcasts hello Mitch.
Speaker 5: Hi, darling.
Speaker 1: Can you hear him? Turn it up? I can hear a bed that's hear me. I can hear you? Interesting?
Speaker 4: Can you hear me?
Speaker 2: Yes? I can hear you.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately speak Mitchell the same room. Of course you're here. Can I move to Mike four?
Speaker 1: I'm not Oh no, Jenner, remember give me the headphone.
Speaker 2: Jack.
Speaker 1: So, Mitchell, we had to set up because Mitch is on Saturday. You don't have to stand right next to me. On how Branden's coming in? Hold on, come in, Branden?
Speaker 5: Come, I just forget about Braiden.
Speaker 1: Do you want me? Yeah? Ok, thank you, Nat, come come in here.
Speaker 5: I don't want to speak to her that badly and all honesty.
Speaker 1: Make sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I had liked len Oh there you can hear me?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 5: Can you hello?
Speaker 10: Are we sharing a mic too?
Speaker 1: Can I bring my mic over? This is like school captain, go get the mic minutes? Yeah, but everyone, it was Nat Panfile.
Speaker 5: I was just saying that we should get Nat on to guest host the podcast again. But now I'm having second thoughts.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sorry, it was very unprofessional. When I came in here was all prepared. It was spontaneous. I had an issue with my studio. I've got a voice track coming up in a couple of minutes. Oh you sure live on air? Are you? I really can't hear You're fine? So you're liquid on the ear?
Speaker 5: Yeah, in the ear drum.
Speaker 1: I was going to go.
Speaker 10: You know those candles we put them in and burn them. I went to get one of them and the pharmacist was like, what's wrong with your ear? And I said, I think it's blocked and she said no, no, no, that's for wax. So I had to get you know, there's bottles you put water in them and the sachet and then you put it up your nose in like a sinus. Yeah, nose douche had to get one of those things.
Speaker 1: God, the horrific.
Speaker 4: Have you done them before?
Speaker 5: I quite like them? Actually, I like them after.
Speaker 10: During it's very invasive, like you have to squeeze it into your nostril and then out of your other nostril comes the snot and you've got to keep your mouth open and it comes out your mouth.
Speaker 1: If you haven't done it before, it's your nose is so sensitive and it feels so.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it hits the back of it very cleansing. I quite like it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's not about Oh I got in trouble. I used my boyfriend's one.
Speaker 5: Are you kid? I was like, mate, your tongue been on my asshole.
Speaker 10: And you want to worry about my nose?
Speaker 1: Yeah didn't? You didn't as a good joke. You should leave now because that was a high. What's coming up on your show today? You know, just a lot of music?
Speaker 10: Yeah, yea, heaps of hits, heaps of R and B stand for.
Speaker 5: Hmm, rhythm and blues. What Mitchell Rhythm and blues? I didn't know that rhythm and blues. I thought everyone knew that.
Speaker 4: I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: I thought it was rumba or something umber and they just supposed to be.
Speaker 10: No rhythm and blues.
Speaker 1: Apparently, there you go, the more you know, thanking that pani? Okay, can you unplug my head? Yeah?
Speaker 5: That was chaos.
Speaker 1: Bye bye, Mitch Bye. I can't hear him again.
Speaker 5: We'll talk to you again soon.
Speaker 1: She's leaving.
Speaker 4: What did I bring in here?
Speaker 1: Nothing? Just your attitude? Yes, goodbye, thank you, nap Fold, well done, well done, well done. Isn't she just treat She's not.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So that's what I mean when I say this part is not the best part of the show.
Speaker 1: Entertaining there for did you guys hee brain and the technician? Yeah, he said talk to me before you go. Do you know why he wants me to?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 5: Are you in trouble?
Speaker 1: No, I'm not in trouble. I've mentioned this on the show before. When you reach a certain point in your career and your radio career, you get your own microphone.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Kyle's's goal Jacks as dimonded, Amanda Kell's's wood grain. Jonesy's is made of misogyny.
Speaker 5: It is not Jones is lovely? What what how could that?
Speaker 1: What would that be just famous women's faces with x's on them?
Speaker 5: No, it would just be like newspaper Jonesy has endorsed this show. It'd be Bob Hawk, Tony Abbott, Tony Abbott, he's the one that copped the fucking misogyny speech. Definitely plaster his fucked head all over it.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I'm getting my own microphone and I'm getting it custom, so I can pick any any texture, any color, any feature. And I don't know what I want to get. What should I get? If you listen to DM me, tell me what you think I should get, because it'll be in all my videos, my show. I'm on it. Now, what should I do for my mic? Guys?
Speaker 5: Oh god, there's a world of options, isn't there?
Speaker 1: Very unrelatable content? But you can still help.
Speaker 5: Why don't you get a dick like when people used to do like scoobies, they would like plat those string things together, just get scoobies all around.
Speaker 1: It, just scooby the vibe. Yeah, actually funny?
Speaker 5: Yeah, what's wrong with a scooby?
Speaker 1: Or what if I just what if I go to Wooli's headquarters and ask for ushies and just hot glue ushies all over my mic and that way if I drop it at one.
Speaker 5: That's you'll have crap falling off it. That's no good.
Speaker 1: I've thought what about hot wheel flames.
Speaker 5: Like a scooter.
Speaker 4: Like a.
Speaker 5: Scooter, yeah, like a pair of heelies. Make it look like a green machine. Oh my green.
Speaker 1: Oh, like a purple pink flame, kiss colors because my MIC's black, Jenny, you can see it. They could just matt blackheat and then on the base two flames coming up to my mouth that are bright purple.
Speaker 5: I quite like, what else could you do?
Speaker 1: What if I get it painted like a Harry Potter wand.
Speaker 4: Can you get a long one?
Speaker 1: Make it a long wondo. We've got the long stick ones that I'll get or Mitchell, you were talking to one of these ones, Mitchell, do you Jenny, You've got the long one. But I've got a broadcasting mic, which is like thick. It looks like a a submarine.
Speaker 5: Make it a submarine. That's funny.
Speaker 1: That's funny. To or a telescope.
Speaker 5: What if you made it look like a toilet paper roll, even with like a little bit of toilet paper left, and everyone's like, what.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's really good. That's cool. That's good. I'm gonna send you Mitchell. I can get it chromed as well, like I could also make it like metal.
Speaker 5: What did that mean? Chromed?
Speaker 1: Chromed like sparkly, like silver like kyle'ss gold. Right, but like I could make mine like that shininess bit in any color?
Speaker 5: M okay, Jim. Yellow, Well, I mean, I wasn't gonna say anything, but that would be nice.
Speaker 1: Yellow is my favorite color. So it's not even to do with gym. It is my favorite color.
Speaker 5: Cute you should yellow yellow. That's gonna look a lot like the golden microphone, though you don't want to be accuses of copying him.
Speaker 1: And you know a yellow submarine, Oh my god, because I'm such a Beatles f.
Speaker 4: Your favorite band.
Speaker 1: I love their hit song Ladybug. Yes, orange, I do like orange, Matte, Matt, Orange could be good. This is about like.
Speaker 5: A down mation print.
Speaker 1: Oh what about it? What about a black and white checkerboard print that could be fun?
Speaker 5: No, that's very JJ's belt.
Speaker 1: It is is so is flames I had. All I'm thinking of is like it reminds me of that fat chubby it kid from my Karli. He always had like a black button up with red flames coming from the bottom. Like that's what I'm picturing, but I want it like it's it's self aware, it's referential. It's not like this is kol I'm a hotspeaker.
Speaker 5: You know what if you made it look like a red velvet cake, like you've cut open the cake and that texture, Oh.
Speaker 1: My god, we're like a cupcake, like the top is the icing where I speak into here?
Speaker 5: Yeah, what about rainbow?
Speaker 1: Because I'm I.
Speaker 5: Could go a red velvet cake right now?
Speaker 1: Have they made it to bogen Gat or are they still on just chouk Mard.
Speaker 5: I don't think I'd be able to get it anywhere in bogen Gate, but surely for the parks or whatever red velvet?
Speaker 1: Can I get a red velvet cake plays at the local bakery? Rot button material? No, ma'am. In Sydney, that's a flavor, you lacky doo city folk. Next you'll be ausing for a cornerally cake. Sorry to make fun of the locals.
Speaker 5: No, no, it's fine.
Speaker 1: That was a joke because red velvet is a type of material.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I do know that.
Speaker 6: You can buy Woolworths in Duble So really, parks and forms.
Speaker 1: Is there a coles or are you like running an IgA that has a local family surname attached to it, like Richie's IgA.
Speaker 5: Both there's like Woolies Coals and then Bernardi's It's Bernardi yep. Yeah. Also, how funny is this? You know how Target used to have like the mini version of Target called Target Country Country Towns. Yeah, so they got rid of Target Country recently and Jane was devastated. She's like, well, my kids have moved out, there's no Target Country. What's the point of even being here? And so she was devastated. But they've changed it into a mini kmart And guess what mani kmarts are called? Oh what k hub? Oh?
Speaker 1: I think I watched a great twinking crashed on that last night. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I feel like I've been stuck in a k hub once or twice to puffed off on early Sunday morning.
Speaker 1: Oh, very true. That's isn't that where you're buy ketamine on King Streets? They call it the k hub.
Speaker 5: It's a weird name for it, isn't it. But yeah, I still haven't been because I'm in fucking lockdown.
Speaker 1: But you know that's so funny K hub.
Speaker 4: Why couldn't it just be km up country?
Speaker 5: Well, it's kind of like, you know how you've got the Coles Express servos. Why don't they just call it kmart Express?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh came out express to be perfect.
Speaker 5: I've never even seen a k hub. Let me google this shit.
Speaker 1: Careful, hope you're not on the family Wi Fi. They might have alert set up. Your poor mom will call your dad.
Speaker 5: Cute Ian, what to be.
Speaker 1: Going while I'm at the store.
Speaker 5: No, they're quite cute. Actually, these k Hubs I've just searched k Hub.
Speaker 4: Be careful, Braiden, we'll come back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm going to get off the workwise.
Speaker 5: Oh so it's got the big K like kmart and then just the word hub instead of.
Speaker 1: Mart, nice and Rainbow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like a a kmart.
Speaker 1: August twenty twenty so it's new. Kmart unveils new k hub format in former Target stores. Also, they have bought all country targets, Mitch.
Speaker 5: It's so funny. I'm reading the list of towns that k hub is opening and it sounds like you've made half of them.
Speaker 1: Mark, Oh my god, I've got it to go ramble.
Speaker 5: Some off Ganada Picked and Timid a Ladala. Actually the the ro real places I know it does gilcare are Bowen Charter towers. That sounds about it. Chinchilla, that's surely fag stagham mariba.
Speaker 1: Oh, I've got the list too, flat at and tops underwindy Carrie Cecleton, Wow, what really it?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Kai Abram, I've got yagarossa heights.
Speaker 5: No, by the way, I'm reading real ones you're making.
Speaker 1: It might have failed.
Speaker 5: She believed my weird talent that I've kept with me from primary school. Speaking of country towns, you know that song that's like I've been everywhere, man, I've been everywhere. I still know the words to that because we had to do it at school.
Speaker 4: You know all the words sing it yep, and.
Speaker 5: You know how they rattle off the country towns really quick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, rattle off the towns.
Speaker 5: And I'm gonna have to remember as a bear man I breathe a mountain. Eh, I've traveled, I've had man, I've been everywhere. Been a Tullemore sing or Mala La Rick Birdsville and kind of kind of mind staff Fine Plott fuck lost there. If I was in studio, I would have gotten you to play the music so that would be more impressive.
Speaker 1: But you know I did search it. Sorry, but we don't have it.
Speaker 5: It would have been out of think anyway because of the delay between us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what we've done fucking well everyone for this show.
Speaker 5: Oh dear, I just realized that. Oh no, I just googled the song. I've been everywhere to see if I could find the lyrics, and it's performed by Rolph Harris.
Speaker 4: Oh no, all of that back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that can go.
Speaker 4: Goodness.
Speaker 5: Maybe I could re record it so that it doesn't it's not tainted by his memory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe, because I doubt he wrote it. Do you guys want to play the quiz that I do every morning on my new radio show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Question boost CUIs of the day, high questions.
Speaker 1: First quiz of the day. Because it's five in the morning, five questions at five am, first quiz. No one else has asked these questions. Is it making sense why it's called first quiz? Mitchell, let's get on with it. Sorry. Question one, Actually, if you win, you get to pick something from Carl Jackieo's prize vault, which sure I'm opening now I've got the curious that's just oh oh my god, that's where Brooklyn sleeps. That old on day one. That was a brilliant joke. That I've used every morning. Question one, how old de choice of Anturn this week twenty six or thirty.
Speaker 5: Six twenty twenty six? Obviously twenty six?
Speaker 1: Cloudy Day is the fresh track from which Ozzie.
Speaker 5: Local Oh oh oh tones?
Speaker 6: And I.
Speaker 1: Correct, Mitchell, Which Ossie reality show has sent its contestants to ULARU this week?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Mastership correct?
Speaker 1: I don't know how melissaly On put up with a dry heat. Question four? What profession is our upcoming bachelor? Jimy Nicholson?
Speaker 5: I know, pilot.
Speaker 4: He's a good pilot.
Speaker 1: The promos, actually, the promos look good.
Speaker 4: Have we all seen that promos are horrific?
Speaker 5: What do you mean? I was there when they were shooting it. I like it.
Speaker 4: What the ones of him in a plane in the sky.
Speaker 5: No, I was just there at the airport. I went and did like a behind the scenes shoot when I was working at Kisstones.
Speaker 1: Oh, I get it, I get it, I get it.
Speaker 5: That makes sense that they did a really good job at making that promo look more glamorous than it actually was.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you, Yeah, it does look glam Yeah, that's so funny. That's like me watching the m H three seventy documentary. I was there, Well, but I get it. You're at the epop. All right, for the win, Rebel Wilson starts in the latest commercial for which payment service?
Speaker 5: Oh is it after pay?
Speaker 1: Well done in bog and Gate, you have won. Congratulations, we will send you something from win ten thousand dollars. No, no, that's not it's not the Kyle and Jackie O pop quiz.
Speaker 4: It doesn't he get to go in the vault.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he gets to go in the vault. But the vault is a random question. He doesn't actually get to pick what's in the vault.
Speaker 5: Oh, well, that's shit. I want to know what's in there and what I'm winning.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'll let you know. Sadly, times and eyes on the other morning at kiss, What a funny thing to see five seconds rule is over. That's a great game. That's a good game. It's fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a good game if I'm the one winning. So yeah, I agree.
Speaker 7: True.
Speaker 1: Oh that's the metric is an okay? Fair, fair fair? Now I know for next time. All right, let's go, let's get out of here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's get out of here. I might see you next week, or I might be in Bogan Gate who knows.
Speaker 1: Who knows. We'll be here regardless. See you guys, have a great week.
Speaker 5: Thanks for listening. Don't forget. We hope this podcast made you feel at least two percent better today.
Speaker 1: That's all, that's, that's all, all right. See you guys next week. Bye, good bye bye.
Speaker 6: Is It just Me?
Speaker 5: A podcast by a couple of miches. Make sure you've hit follow on your podcast app.