Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Outspoken. It's your dose of the hottest influencer and pop culture news twice a week. I'm Kate Torbert and coming up on today's show, Steph Claire Smith's real estate empire up for sale, Graciepiscopo takes the stand in her ex boyfriend's murder trial, and our highs and Lows of the Week. But first, after weeks of speculation, Sky Wheatley chose a Instagram Q and A as the former to address rumors that she'd.
Speaker 2: Broken up with their baby daddy, Locky War.
Speaker 1: Responding to a follower who asked what was going on between the pair, Sky replied, honestly, not much to report. We just have a little reset break from time.
Speaker 2: It's good.
Speaker 1: And these comments came after a lot of speculation because Lockie was staying in his parents house and he'd been posting a few rogue Instagram stories as well, yes, the Whole Sausages and Sauna saga. Now, when I read Sky Wheatly's answer, I just assumed that they'd had a break like they've had in the past, because she's been very candid about the fact that they take breaks and then they come back together. However, the Daily Mail interpreted Sky's answer differently, and they ran with the headline that Sky and Locke had separated. Well, I think they interpreted it how they wanted to, just for clickbase. Yeah, but it was pretty embarrassing for them because they had to do this major backflip because they ended up papping Sky at her active wear pop up at Pacific Fair and she was there with Lockie and they were spotted cuddling and kissing.
Speaker 2: So trying to save face.
Speaker 1: The Daily Mail wrote, Sky Wheatley has been packing on the PDA with her partner Lachlan wat just days after announcing their separation. I'm surprised they didn't try and frame Lachlan as like a very supportive X or something. Yeah, well, did they really think that Sky was going to announce the end of her six year relationship with the father of her two children with a casual Q and a do they even know Sky Wheatley? Like, do you would be putting something out that was bigger than Ben her?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: I could even imagine Lockie popping up in some kind of YouTube tell all of why they split. That ran for like forty minutes with absolutely no editing involved.
Speaker 4: This house. We met, we got engaged, we got married in Yeah.
Speaker 1: Steph Claire Smith and her husband Josh Miller are in the midst of a selling spree. Two of their multimillion dollar properties are up for sale, just weeks after the fitness entrepreneur was named on the afr's Young Rich List. It's been a big month for Steph Claire Smith. Last week, she announced that she was pregnant with her second child. A couple of weeks before that, she revealed she'd been diagnosed with ADHD. Two weeks before that, she announced she had a vibrator up her bub which went everywhere in the press. So I don't know if that was part of your rap cake. No, that wasn't, but we have spoken about it a little bit on the podcast. Then at the start of November, which is what I was going to say, she was ranked number ninety seven on the Australian Financial Reviews Young Rich List, with a net worth of forty two million dollars. Now she's back in the news again because her husband Josh has announced that he's selling his family's Murray River property.
Speaker 2: Plus super Sluice.
Speaker 1: Have uncovered plans that they're also selling their seven million dollar mansion that they moved into just two years ago. When it comes to the family property, it's a deliberate advertising campaign that Josh is heavily involved in. So he's been interviewed by real estate dot com and also the Australian Financial Review about the listing. It reminded me a lot of when Mitch Orville and Chloe Zepp were selling their house. Just how much publicity this is getting. Yeah, they're very keen to get the messaging out there. And I was shocked when I found out that they were selling the property because Steph has spoken in length about how special it is to her. It's where she first met Josh, it's where they got engaged and also got married, And in the interview, Josh said, it's very sentimental. Outside of just being a beautiful property, it holds almost all my memories from being a little boy growing up riding dirt bikes and I'm now thirty three, so it's had a massive part in my life.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 1: It's funny because originally, when Steph started referring to this family property, I thought it was some regular shack down at the Murray River, but this is far from that. Oh, I had a good time looking at the photos and videos of this property. So it's located on the Victorian and New South Wales border at Bury, which is around a three hour drive from Melbourne, or if you're rich, a forty five minute chopper ride. And if the chopper access didn't give it away, the fact this property has a name just demonstrates how fancy it is. It's called the Clarendon. I wait a sex, So does it have a chopper pad where you can land on? Well it must because they kept talking about this chopper access. I would love to run you through some of the features of this property. So it's a sixteen hectare property and has seven bedrooms and five bathrooms. So the main homestead was built from two existing dwellings which were shipped to the property to create one large home.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so one of the buildings was a weatherboard home and the other was the former Mornington art gallery.
Speaker 2: So sorry, that is actually crazy.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And it also has its own golf course, a twenty two meter swimming pool, spa tennis court, Olympic built in trampoline, cinema or a mental turtcoise lake, ten car garage and a machinery shed. It also has thirty five established palm trees.
Speaker 2: What the fuck?
Speaker 1: Like? This is an absolute mansion. Can you imagine rocking up to this and not realizing how big it actually is? Like you've just come along for a stay at Josh's house. I would love to stay at the Lace. So its own golf course. Yeah, what does Stosha's parents do?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 1: I did some digging because I thought the exact same thing. And his dad, Ken is the owner of a shop fitting company, which seems pretty large. They've got fifty employees. Josh actually used to work for him, But it doesn't seem from the outside like they've come from a lot of money. So Ken dropped out of high school I think in year eight, and he was just really interested in maintaining golf courses. So when he bought this property back in two thousand and six, he started to build his own golf course and it's just gone from there. But apparently it's a very high quality golf.
Speaker 2: Course, not that I know a lot about it.
Speaker 1: No, I can't imagine it's some sort of little crappy putting green is put in there now. It has been listed on real estate dot Com for eight to eight point eight million dollars. But one thing that's confused me about this whole thing is who actually owns the property, because the Australian Financial Review is reporting that Josh's dad Ken does, and they said that he purchased it nearly twenty years ago in two thousand and six. However, when I was doing some digging, according to domain it was last sold in twenty seventeen for just one hundred and thirty thousand dollars, while it's sold for eight hundred and seventy thousand back in two thousand and six when Ken first purchased it. Well, sometimes if you own a property and you want to give it to your children or something, you can sell it for a much reduced price. Maybe this is what's happened, or maybe for business reasons the property.
Speaker 2: Has been passed on to somebody else.
Speaker 1: Well, it's strange because Steph and Josh have been publicly stating that they own the property. So after their wedding, there was a lot of interest in the property because it was the backdrop of this amazing influence wedding, and Josh took on the role of leading renovations on the property. He also advertised it as a property that you could rent out for corporate events or I mean, I suppose if you've got a lot of money, you could also stay in it. And the couple even did a deal with the Blind Company and they were plastered all over their website as the owners of the property. Let's throw to a little bit of the video.
Speaker 4: Hi, I'm Steph, this is Harvey and I'm Josh, and welcome to our home clarendonare So we're currently in northern Victoria. We're about forty minutes north of Shepherd and on the Murray River. Obviously we're surrounded by the bush and we're actually neighboringing the Barme State Forest. So it was really important to bring the wow element of outside inside well.
Speaker 1: To add further intrigue to this story. As you mentioned at the start, k super Sleeves have spotted that Steph and Josh's Brighton East mansion is set to be listed too. So the couple only purchased the resort style home back in late twenty twenty one, and at the time they paid seven million dollars for the property, So they previously lived in the area and sold their former home for three point four million in June twenty twenty one, they made just under a million dollars from when they bought it in twenty nineteen. What's really fascinating is that Josh has been front and center promoting the sale of his family property.
Speaker 2: Yet we haven't.
Speaker 1: Heard Josh or Steph share any news about the sale of this house. It was super sloops. As we said, that found this listing by white Fox real Estate. Now, when I saw a white Fox real Estate, I was like, is that even a real real estate company or is that something to do with the brand. It's definitely not related to the clothing brand. White Fox real Estate have been around for quite a while. God, I have never heard of them, so I had to go check out their page to make sure it was legit. And the real estate company and also the real estate agent, Lana Samuels, shared a photo outside the property with the caption the deal the Palms by Plessa Perkins and inform coming soon, and they also shared a real showing off the amazing property.
Speaker 2: God, it's nice.
Speaker 1: Why do you think they're selling both of the properties? It seems interesting timing to have them go on the market around the same time, and also just a week after def announced her pregnancy with her second child. I wonder if they waited because if both of the properties had gone on the market, people might have thought that Steph and Josh had broken up, which they clearly have a well, there was some speculation that they might have broken up around the time that Steph revealed she had a big announcement to make on her podcast. I mean that turned out to be Steph's ADHD diagnosis, and obviously the pair are very happy together. Yeah, well, that clearly isn't the reason. I think it may have something to do with Steph's wealth. So, as we touched upon she was named in the Young Rich List. She has forty two million dollars to her name. That has gone up a lot since she last featured on it. So I'm guessing that maybe they're wanting to expand their actual living quarters in Melbourne rather living like they're wanting to upgrade from the seven million dollar property. I mean, it makes sense if they're having another baby. I assume there would be more than enough space for a second baby in a seven million dollar property, but why not actually go fuck it, We're going to buy a bigger place. Maybe doing well, Yeah, maybe the second baby needs its own win maybe state. But the interesting thing is that a lot of the time when people start selling off properties, it actually indicates that they're not doing as well financially, which is why it's so interesting, because Steph is doing better than ever. Yeah, but why not keep the family property? That's really sentimental. So Josh was quoted in the article saying that after developing the compound into what it is today with his father and brother, it was time for his family to move on to another project and pass the private oasis onto another family.
Speaker 2: I would be keeping it.
Speaker 1: Well, doesn't Steph kless Smith's family have a property nearby? Yeah, so that's the interesting thing. The town only has one hundred and sixty people in it, and Steph klees Smith's family owned a property there, and then Josh's family had one as well.
Speaker 2: But do they still have it?
Speaker 1: Well, I thought they did, but Steph has been staying more at Josh's family's house because I mean, obviously it's got to go. Of course, Olympic sized Paul trampoline, so yeah, so I would be too. But I did notice that the family are celebrating Christmas at the property this year, so it must be a final Farewell you follow Gracie Piscopo.
Speaker 5: Gracie is one of the great many social media stars who are wildly popular, but to whom normal people are completely oblivious. The twenty six year old is considered Tammy Hember two point zero because she has also modeled for the Kardashians.
Speaker 1: Perth influencer Gracie Piscopo has taken the stand in the murder trial of her ex boyfriend Andre Robello. Rebello is accused of murdering his mother to access her life insurance policy in a bid to alleviate his debt and maintain a glamorous lifestyle. Rebello denies killing his mother, but has admitted to forging documents in order to obtain the five hundred thousand dollars life insurance policy, which he took out in her name days before her death. His defense team claims he took out the policies at his mum's request. Now, there has been a lot of speculation over whether Gracie would take the stand. This week, she appeared as the final witness in the trial, and we do want to reiterate that Gracie has not been accused of any wrongdoing in terms of reporting on this story, we are being really careful because we only want to discuss the facts today and not delve into our own personal opinions and hearsay, because this is a matter that is still in front of the courts and we don't want to say anything that could prejudice this case. Well, while Gracie isn't under investigation for any wrongdoing, her name has been all over this case. Yeah, and it's easy to see why. She is an influencer with over a million followers. It adds a lot of intrigue or even more intrigue.
Speaker 2: To this case.
Speaker 1: And it was only two weeks ago that her financial status was under the microscope. So not only was her salary revealed, but the court also heard that both she and Andre were living off borrowed money and applying for Centrelink benefits. So in court proceedings, it was revealed that Gracie made one hundred and forty one thousand dollars in twenty nineteen and two hundred and nineteen thousand the following year. However, despite her high salary, it was revealed that she was in debt with multiple credit cards, personal loans, and after pay accounts and a few months before Colleen's death, Gracie and Andre Ribello both applied for the early release of their super annuation under the COVID nineteen hardship rules, and Gracie also applied for Centlink job seeker payments. And just to point out, a lot of people did this during COVID, Yeah, a lot of people were, but it's quite clear that they were in financial hardship because around that time Gracie also made eight loan applications and multiple credit card applications. Just eight months before Andre was arrested, he also applied for bankruptcy with just fifty dollars cash and eight hundred worth of assets to his name. Now, when Gracie appeared in court, she was questioned about the day of Colleen's death. So at this time she and Andre had been in a relationship for eight years and were living together with their son. So Gracie told the court it was just like any regular week day. She said Andre had left that morning to run errands, which included dropping off some clothes at his mum's house for his younger brother. Now this is in contrast to what Gracie told the police in twenty twenty when interviewed. Originally, she told them that she and Andrea hadn't left their home on the day of his mother's death. Prosecutors quized Gracie about why her story had changed, and she told them I didn't think it was important, and when pushed further by prosecutors, she responded, it was scary, and I just told them what I knew and what I could remember. Prosecutors then accused Gracie of trying to protect Andrea, to which she responded, I'm telling the truth the best I can. I came to court because I have been spoken about the entirety of the trial and I want to have my voice. Everything I do is for my son. I'm just following my heart and doing the right thing right now. I'm just telling the truth to help everyone. And I can understand where she's coming from because her face has been splashed all over this case, even though she is not the one on trial now. On Monday, the court was shown phone records which revealed Gracie had tried to call Andre more than a dozen times between eleven ten am and eleven thirty five am on the morning.
Speaker 2: Of his mother's death.
Speaker 1: She'd also sent him several text messages asking him to answer the phone and asking him where he was. So messages range from answer your fucking phone to where are you? And oh my god, I swear to god, Andre, do you have a phone? What is wrong with you?
Speaker 2: Answer?
Speaker 1: For fuck's sake, I'm fuming at you. I'm so angry. Now, prosecutors allege that Andre was in the process of killing his mum while Gracie was attempting to get a hold of him. This is something that Andre denies now. When asked about these messages, Gracie explained that she was really frustrated with her boyfriend at the time because he had a habit of keeping his phone on silent and she thought he was coming home to see her cousin. Now, he did end up getting home around lunchtime while her cousin was still there, and she said there wasn't anything unusual about him and confirmed he had no injuries. Now, part of the States case against Andre Ribello has been attempting to build up a narrative that he was in debt and being hounded by collection agencies. So they are alleging he was desperately trying to maintain and I quote a plastic fantastic lifestyle. So a lot of questions were aimed at Gracie about her financewers.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I found this particularly interesting from an influencer perspective because normally influencers don't share how much they're hirving, but obviously in this situation she had to. So she told the court she could earn up to eight thousand dollars in Instagram post through her brand collaborations, and as much as five thousand dollars for.
Speaker 2: A YouTube video promotion.
Speaker 1: She also revealed one of her brand deals earned her eighty thousand dollars over twelve months. It was also revealed in court that Andre Rebello was working as Gracie's assistant and he was earning around twenty thousand dollars and also was a stay at home dad, so this isn't start contrast to the figures that Gracie was earning. Now, Gracie was also asked about a conversation she allegedly had with Andre in the week surrounding his mother's death. Prosecutors alleged that Andre told Gracie he was going to get five hundred thousand dollars in cryptocurrency. However, Gracie said that she couldn't recall the conversation.
Speaker 2: However, when asked if.
Speaker 1: Andre had told her he was finally going to make a big sum of money before his mom died, Gracie replied, I guess.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: This court case is continuing and we will keep you up to date with any relevant findings that come out. Now let's get into our highs and lows of the week, Amy, I'm going to kick things off. My low of the week is my postpartum hair loss. I thought I had missed it. I was getting really cocky. I'm like, Oh, it's not going to happen to me. I've always had thin, shit hair, so I.
Speaker 2: Was like, maybe I'm in luck.
Speaker 1: Maybe my scalp is going to hold onto this extra thigger hair. It was looking shiny. I'd even been getting compliments about it, which is very unusual for my hair. No. Literally, at the four and a half month mark, it started dropping out and it.
Speaker 2: Has still came out.
Speaker 1: Is it just like when you brush your hair, just heaps of extra hairs come out or does it actually just.
Speaker 2: Like fall out?
Speaker 1: So what happens is you suddenly start noticing a lot more hair coming out in the shower and then so before, when I was pregnant and postpardum, for up to that four month period, i'd put a hair tie my hair and no hair would come off. And literally there is so much hair attached to my hair ties. I've got them hanging in the shower. They look so disgusting. Our drains are starting to get blocked up. Yeah, and it just comes out and like, and I'm like, I am going to be bald. I have no hair left, so I think I'm actually going to have to get the mum bob. And I've always judged people for doing that. I'm like, why would you cut your beautiful hair off? But now I get don't cut it because I can't stand the winging associated with it. I think, just hold on, like that's gonna pass.
Speaker 2: Hair will come back. Yeah, it will come back.
Speaker 1: It's gonna It's taken me years to grow it to this length.
Speaker 2: I'd leave it if I were you.
Speaker 1: Now I'll get into my high of the week, and it's quite a sad one because yesterday I was having a bit of a tough day. Reese was at work, he was working late, so I'd been home with Jack all day and night by myself, and it was a really challenging day. Jack did not want to go to sleep. He's just started working out how to roll and he's been waking himself up. So it was around eight o'clock and I couldn't get him to go to sleep, and it took about forty minutes. And when I finally did, I came out and the dinner I'd put in the oven, which was baked potatoes, they'd burnt. They were actually absolutely a crisp and I actually felt like crying. Then you text me saying that Sarah's Day's birth log has come out, and I was like, my day has just turned around completely. So I scraped off the burnt potatoes ate them in front of the vlog and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a very good vlog, wasn't it. I mean, Sarah's Day, she does deliver, especially when it comes to a birth log, and it was quite different to her other birth logs because she spent a lot of her time laboring at home as opposed to at the hospital. My mom was asking me, oh, should I watch it, and I said, well, ninety percent of it is actually just her screaming out in pain, like it was the biggest advertisement to have a cesarean In my mind, we are going to dive a little bit deeper into that in the Subs episode, a bit more of an unfiltered space where we can share what I really thought about it.
Speaker 2: It was good. I enjoyed it though, Yeah, I enjoyed it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: What about you, Amy, what is your high for the week?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: My high of the week was the social media coverage that has followed the Jake Paul and my Tyson fight. I mean, admittedly I didn't actually watch the fight on Netflix, but I have watched the lead up episodes to it, and Mike Tyson is fucking hilarious, whether he means to be or doesn't mean to be. Like There's been so many clips of him that have gone viral, and my favorite one so far was a young child who interviewed Mike in the lead up to the fight.
Speaker 2: Let's throw to the clip.
Speaker 3: And your return to the ring for this fight. You are setting a monumental opportunity for kids my age to see the legend Mike Tyson in the ring for the first time. So, after such a successful career, what type of legacy would you like to leave behind when it's all set and done.
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know. I don't believe in the word legacy. I think that's another word for ego. Legacy doesn't mean nothing. That's just some word everybody grabbed on to. Someone said that word, and everyone grabbed on the words, and I was used every five seconds. It means absolutely nothing to me. I'm just passing through. I'm gonna die and it's gonna be over. Who cares about legacy after that? We're a big eagle, so I'm gonna die. I want people to think that I'm this, I'm great, I'm no ware nothing where you're dead with dust, absolutely nothing. Our legacy is nothing.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you so much for sharing that. That is something that I have not heard before someone say that as.
Speaker 6: An answer, Can you really imagine something? I want my legacy to be this way when I get dead? You think I really want to think about you? How? What the dad there? I think I want people to think about me when I'm gone. Who the fuck cares about me when I'm gone? Or my kids?
Speaker 1: Maybe a grandkid. She actually recovered so well because you stopped it king, and she goes up to say, like, oh, thank you. I've actually never really thought of that before, but thank you so much for sharing that with us. That reminds me when I was working at the thirty six, because we always used to get these kid journalists wanting to interview players. That is absolutely hilarious because normally you would just play along and hi little kid. But oh, that is so fun. I actually got tears in It actually reminds you a little bit of when I was working at seven. We went out to interview this poor lady who'd lost her house. It had burnt down overnight, and she said in this grab, she goes, it was just burnt to a crisp and it was so terrible because I included that grab in the story. And while it was not funny that her house burnt down, sometimes you have to make light of things in those negative situations. And this editor and I were in the booth and he kept playing that same grab over and over and over again and we which is absolutely cracking.
Speaker 5: It.
Speaker 1: Just the evil media overld. Okay, what is your low of the week. My low of the week is that over the weekend I made an impulse purchase of a whole load.
Speaker 2: Of Christmas lights. Is that your low?
Speaker 1: I'm getting to it, Okay, My low is that they haven't arrived, and they said they were going to arrive within three days. I want the Christmas lights up on the house now. Like I know, it's only November, but it seems like everyone is celebrating earlier and early yeah this year, and I'm getting freaked out that all my decorations aren't up. Yeah, but when I arrived, there were three little reindeers in the hallway. That is just one of the packages that's arrived. Oh so only ones arrived, but not the main Yeah, yeah, I've so the one I really want to arrive is I've got this Santa who He's on a sleigh and there's saying I think there's four reindeers.
Speaker 2: And he looks like he's sort of like whipping them along.
Speaker 1: I see them everywhere around and all of the fancy neighborhoods. So I decided I'm going to bring a bit of class to my neighborhood and have one of these up on the house.
Speaker 2: I'm so jealous.
Speaker 1: I really want one of those, but I'm trying to be good this year and not buy too many Christmas decorations. They were on sale as part of the Black Friday sales so that was my excuse of purchasing them. Yeah, I've invested too much money into Jack's December first bot. I keep blaming Jack as well. I'm like Dale. I think Jack would like to see the house all lit up for Christmas.
Speaker 2: He would, He very much would.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's all we've got time for today. Thanks for listening to another episode of Outspoken. If you do enjoy the show, we really would appreciate if you can leave us a review. This podcast was recorded on the traditional land of the Ghana people of the Adelaide. Planes we pay respect elders pass and present