Speaker 1: Laura, come on in, Hello girl, Hello minho ty Laura. Happy Monday Wednesday out like last days?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Do you know what I'm actually not? Because I had my first night last night with a one week old baby at my house and I'm just in all sorts.
Speaker 3: O gat that on your Instagram story? Sorry.
Speaker 4: First of all, that baby's older than one week. Ten on his legs, that's my brother.
Speaker 1: There's two ones, one and that's the one that was standing up on his legs.
Speaker 3: The other one is ten days old.
Speaker 1: So this is BRIT's niss or nephew. Boys are nephews. It's niece's nephew. But Britt, I would like to it's Brittan, it's.
Speaker 3: Nephew, it's Monday, and it's niece's nephew.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Hello.
Speaker 1: All right, okay, but Britt, you did earlier refer to your sweet darling little one week called nephew as an it, which really brings out the non maternal side. Well, I thought it'd be funny. I put a photop at boom and I said, what do I do with it?
Speaker 3: Because that's funny relatable.
Speaker 4: But I feel like mum's feel and dads would feel like that with their normal kids. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't really call my kids an it, but I mean I don't know what to do with me sometimes. Actually, speaking of speaking of kids, I definitely don't know what to do with mine at the moment. Something has ripped through our household. There is an epidemic that is happening, and ground zero is the Johnson household.
Speaker 3: It's no good times. Let's get face masks on. You going to tellus what it is? Or is that a hook?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 4: I'm telling you next on the show though, I mean we're taking a little different note here, a serious turn.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you girls are across Joshua Taylor Miles.
Speaker 4: He's the junior Cronulla Sharks player in Sydney who has blatantly homophobic tattoos on his start.
Speaker 3: It's been a big news story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's been some developments in the case. I'm not impressed by it. I'm not happy if you're not across it. I'll get you up to speed next here at the pick up around Australia. Let's go for your what is it again?
Speaker 3: Wednesday? We're all on board. Now we go, ladies.
Speaker 4: Something that you know that I'm very passionate about that. I want to talk about today is the story of Joshua Taylor Miles. He's a junior Crinella Sharks player NRL player who has two of the most horrific tattoos a text aside the message that they that they portray aside horrific looking tatoos on his quads.
Speaker 1: These tattoos like ugly tattoos anyway, No, it's what they say.
Speaker 3: They're horrible. They're really bad tattoos.
Speaker 4: So the tattoos on his on his left side, on his left thigh says each shit and then it's a gay slur, a slur against gay people, the F slur. I'm not on to say it because I think it's disgusting. On the other leg, it says snort lines and f.
Speaker 3: The F word.
Speaker 1: So he's full of class.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, he's a class, classy twenty three year old kid. Play.
Speaker 1: I mean it's three in sans seraph, So that does scream a bit of class, doesn't it?
Speaker 3: Where it does. If it was comic sands, I'd be vomiting in my mouth.
Speaker 1: If it was general italics, man, I mean, listen, it's horrific, is what it is.
Speaker 4: Jokes aside disgusting tattoos. I'm a gay man. I've got a boyfriend. I also live in Cronulla. I'm a Cronella boy. My dad is an ex Coronella Sharks player, played for the Cornela Sharks reserve team like thirty years ago, and now I live right around the corner from the SHARKI stadium, so this hits really close to home. Let me read what the Cronella Sharks or the Junior NRL squad said. They said, the NSW NRL and Cronella Junior are committed to providing a safe, fund and inclusive environment for all people. So what we've asked Josh to do is cover the tattoos up or will ban him?
Speaker 3: So cover the tattoos up and he can keep playing.
Speaker 1: Mitch, how do you feel about that as being an adequate response to this? Because I know how much this affects you and how when you saw this, what that net like, what that did for you and what they did to you. What does covering it up like?
Speaker 3: Is that enough?
Speaker 4: I had a visceral reaction to this. It angered me, like deeply angered me. First of all, the way we found out about these tattoos was the Junior Shark's Instagram page posted it at a professional photoshoot.
Speaker 3: Of them playing.
Speaker 4: They post tattoo showing with the tattoo showing. Obviously they didn't see it, they didn't notice. But the fact that that that slur was posted to their Instagram without anybody knowing tells me there's not a gay man that works in the NRL on the Cnolic Show.
Speaker 1: But also, I don't believe that it could be possible for that entire team to not know what was written on his legs, for the coach to not know what was written on his legs. He's always wearing shorts and it's very visible what has been written. It's not like this is small. This covers hit the entirety of the front of his thigh.
Speaker 4: So here's the thing goes deeper. So he's gone to Barley and he's got the tattoos covered up. So he sat down with the management at Junior Sharki's and they've said cover it up and you can play.
Speaker 3: He's gone to Bali to rub it in.
Speaker 4: He's documented the whole process on Instagram stories of covering, covering them up. He's got I don't even I don't even know what he's covered up with. There's an eyeball and there's a bear and shut like he's got full.
Speaker 1: Now it's like a Viking and a bear.
Speaker 3: Yeah, full full quad tattoos.
Speaker 4: It is covered up, he posted on his Insta story Gone but not forgotten.
Speaker 1: I think this is so completely disgusting. And I know that if you worked in any other workplace, if you rocked up with a visible tattoo that was discriminatory in any way about race, religion, sexuality, it doesn't matter, you would lose your job for that. And I think that we make so many allowances for people who work in the sporting world because we see them as icons. It's like, if you can throw a ball and you're really good at sport, you can get away with so many things that other people are not given the allowances on. But also in this, I mean, we all remember back in twenty nineteen Israel p Filao he lost his four million dollar contract because he had posted very publicly on social media that hell was a place for gay people or something to that effect. I don't wait to quote exactly, but that's what it was about. And he doubled down on this, and I think that this is the same thing. Because he's doubled down the thing that he posted on Instagram saying gone but not forgotten. It means that even though yes, he might have covered the tattoos, he still holds those values. He still believes very strongly in the things that he's posting and whether or not we like it, people who play in professional sport in Australia, they are they are role models, they are icons, they get influences.
Speaker 3: He's a father, yeah, and him is a father. He's got a son that would.
Speaker 1: Totally him having these views. It allows other people to hold those views, and it makes it okay for other people to say those things.
Speaker 4: Or as a gay person, it scares me. You know, I don't think I've told you girls this. A month ago, two months ago, I don't know. I was in Cronella with my boyfriend Stephen getting ice cream. It was like nine pm. I was called the slur on the street of Cronella by a bunch of boys walking out of Northey's Pub. Now, I know, Kernella and all these doesn't have a reputation for being the most inclusive place, but I've been born and raised in Cronella. I'm eating ice cream with my boyfriend. I'm harming nobody, and I get called a slur and I'm a big, strong boy. I can cop that right. But I mean, you say that to a young queer boy, a boy that doesn't even know his identity.
Speaker 3: I mean about where.
Speaker 1: You are strong enough to copp it. It's about the fact that you shouldn't have to be in a position to be strong enough to cop it. You know.
Speaker 4: That's why, Well, that's why I think I think he should be stood down immediately. If I came to work with a shirt on that had any slur about any different minority group or any person that's different to the norm, I'd be fired on the spot. I think he should be fired because if that is what he's happy to promote on his body, imagine what he says behind closed doors.
Speaker 1: As someone that grew up with their dad playing for the Kronela Sharks, you grew up in Cronola, they are your team. How do you feel now knowing that something that you supported doesn't support you.
Speaker 3: It's hurtful. It's so deeply hurtful.
Speaker 4: And if you know, I mean, it's so the natural response is to say sackam you know, like it's easy, but it's genuinely how I feel. Unless he can sit face to face with me or members of the queer community and tell us why he feels like that way, I want to I'd love to know why. I'd love to know what thought process this guy had when he sat down, how he was, however old he was and got these tattoo on his body, because I mean, it's scary. Excuse me anyway, All right, let's got a break back after this on the pickup.
Speaker 1: Have you seen in the news that Gastro is currently at a twenty year high?
Speaker 3: What good for Gastro? Wow?
Speaker 1: I usually you'd congratulate that, right, like shares around at all time, like Gastro is. There has never been more gastro in Australia than what they currently do.
Speaker 3: We not have anything.
Speaker 4: Inflation's high, gas price is high, food high, Gastro price.
Speaker 1: Well, let me tell you, I don't need to read the news to know that Gastro is at an all time high because Gastro has absolutely ripped through the Johnson household.
Speaker 3: But the thing is, though, also I'm thinking, you're really close to.
Speaker 1: Me, no, because apparently it's this random it's this random strain of gastro. Right, it's like this like parasite gastro that's only attacking young kids. So both my kids and Australia has no cure animals, but Kulla children gastro, we got it all. They were like surprisingly like both my kids, Marley and Lola five three, they're in it like surprisingly good spirits considering. So like all of a sudden, one of them will have a vomit and then they're like, let's go outside and play and then they like run to the toilet for a bout of gastro. Right, they feel good because it's like an exorcism. Yeah, they're getting it all, and then they're back to normal, Let's go play with some lego. So it really has hit an all time high. And like I you guys don't have kids, so like it's really hard. I think to imagine what it's like taking care of a child that's like full gastro baby.
Speaker 3: So Lola's had it the worst.
Speaker 1: And last night I had this real moment where it was three o'clock in the morning and I was like, ah, this is the real lows of parenting. So every night she comes in and she gets into bed with us, right, she sleeps in my bed. She usually comes in at about three in the morning, four in the morning, and she either no right every day night. I haven't slept for five years, guys. So she she'll either cry from her bedroom or she'll make her way to our bedroom and come by the bed. But she'll always be like a little bit wingy. So I wake up and she's right next to the bed and she's like mummy, and I rolled like rolled over and I was like sweetie, and I picked her up in my arms and I pulled her into the bed and I got her into the bed. So she's like up on the mattress with me and in my arms, and she goes, I let my nappy, and I was like, oh baby. I was like, don't worry, like everyone has accidents. So then as she said it, I was like, stop, don't. She did not wet her nappy. It was in fact not we She had gas strode from her neck to her toes.
Speaker 3: She was like a softy.
Speaker 1: She was full of poo like I'm talking.
Speaker 3: All through her onesie.
Speaker 1: I had to hand her downcause go up to the neck because because I get it, I've never pooed my neck. It's so watery that like the nappy can't actually contain it because there's so much volume. So you've got to imagine like you're laying down and you've got like a onesie on, so it just spreads out throughout. So it was.
Speaker 3: Literally down to her ankles and up to her neck.
Speaker 1: So I had to like strip her in the shower at three o'clock in the morning, hosing her down.
Speaker 3: She's crying.
Speaker 1: There was gastro in my bed, in her bed, on my sheets or my pillow. I cannot There was not one part of my house it's not been.
Speaker 3: Covered with this. Wake him up.
Speaker 1: He's got the cold. So he's been asleep for the class three days. So he's got the cold.
Speaker 3: The cold.
Speaker 1: I'm so sick. I thought he had COVID. I took him home one of those real fancy COVID tests. That's got RSB flu covid negative. He just has men flux except.
Speaker 3: For baby killing gastra.
Speaker 1: If only he had, I said to Laura, every time I think I'm getting close to wanting a child, she pushes me right back down. She pulls the legs up from underneath me, and I'm like, oh, yeah, no, I'm not there Okay, let me say the obligatory thing that every parent always says. I love I do well. I don't love ship reader.
Speaker 3: Shit, it's actually impressive to be honest. If she did.
Speaker 1: Look, if you're going to do it, do it well, because what I have to say. Oh, guys, funny story. Imagine coining sick. Don't either of you do this because I need both of you. Imagine coining sick and then getting sprung by your boss. That is what has happened to one girl. I'm going to tell you about it after the break.
Speaker 3: Worst nightmare that's next on the pickup.
Speaker 1: Hey, guys, give us a call if you have ever been caught out in a lie.
Speaker 3: Because this one girl.
Speaker 1: She's twenty three. Her name is Grace, and I think I sort of feel for her. I don't know which way I feel yet.
Speaker 3: So sure, let's unpack it together.
Speaker 1: Well, because I say, the poor young girl. But also she did lie to a boss, so I don't know where I am on the fence. So she's twenty three, she works between Europe, Ballei and Australia. I think like she sort of freelancers for this company. Anyway, she called in sick to her boss. She said she had a doctor's appointment on a Friday and she couldn't make it because she wanted. As someone who employs people, there is nothing worse than when people call in sick on a Friday or after a long weekend. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Really, and it's going to be Friday, right, It's because they want the long weekend. That's when it's going to happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's annoying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh god, it's the rich. So hang on.
Speaker 1: It's a Friday. The poor girl, Grace has a doctor's appointment. So she says, so sorry, I can't make it work, got dog's appointment. She's in the line at the airport to fly to Ballei, so that's where she was going.
Speaker 3: She wasn't going to dost appointment.
Speaker 1: She's going for a getaway to Bali.
Speaker 3: Just for the weekend. Was she going to be at work on Monday? Or she played on having gas stro for the whole week.
Speaker 1: She might have had the next week off or something. I don't know. I just know that she lied about it and went to the airport. And when she was in the line to the airport, she sees someone walking towards her and she's like that face looks familiar, and she's like, oh no, and then he calls out a name and it's her boss. Her boss just so happened, like what other odds, Her boss just so happened to go to Bali the same day, the same flight, the same plane, everything, and just stood there and saw it.
Speaker 3: He went up to her. They had a chat.
Speaker 1: Luckily, they actually started laughing about it, which I think, like, hats off to that boss.
Speaker 4: Now he's laughing, and then he's walking straight to the fire, Yeah, laughing because he knows he's got it.
Speaker 1: I'm so complete avoid and that as a boss, I would laugh as well. And then I would be straight on the phone to my sister, who is my business partner, and I'd be like, I cannot wait to fire her. I can't wait. So, I mean, I think that that is the universe. That is like the universe saying you've been an asshole for so long, now like you deserve this. I've taken sick days to travel before, but I was always open with my company. So I used to work at a hospital and I used to say, Hey, can I use a sick day here so that I get alonger holiday there? I mean, yeah, but they had the choice, and she's like, yeah, I did.
Speaker 3: Have an appointment.
Speaker 1: I had an appointment in bus with my part maybe some raiki out a wellness retreat. I once had an employee. So it was like a Thursday afternoon. It was two o'clock and she said she was feeling really unwell because she'd just gotten her period. And she was like, I really think I have to go home. I'm feeling really sick. Fair sometimes they can be.
Speaker 3: They knock you.
Speaker 1: Down, and I was like, oh, it's you know, annoying. We had so much to get through. But she went home.
Speaker 3: Two o'clock, four thirty.
Speaker 1: She is posting on social media from the rooftop of the bar, which is just down the street. She didn't go. I was like, did you like? I don't know whether she forgot that I followed her. I don't know whether she thought her post was on private. Maybe she thought she posted close friends. But I honestly could not I have not wanted or been like faster to fire someone.
Speaker 3: I could not wait to fire her for that.
Speaker 1: Didn't turn up to the rooftop bar, No, I would have been, oh my.
Speaker 3: God, fancy seeing you here. What's a tampon that you needed so desperately put down.
Speaker 1: The socials and thought you might need and painkillers at the bar.
Speaker 4: Don't give us a call if this has happened to you, because I do feel like it's a universal experience.
Speaker 3: No, I have such anxiety I am.
Speaker 1: I am such an annoying goody two shoes like and it's unrelatable probably, but like I can't. I cannot the humble brag. It's not even a humble brag I hated about myself. I have such anxiety about calling in sick that even if I'm dying, I still drag my ass to work. Laura.
Speaker 4: When Laura's called in sick on this show, not very often you do, but.
Speaker 3: She will text us non stop listening live, you got so great.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm so I feel so guilty. I can't deal with it if I sit from the show time I'm in bed by, give.
Speaker 3: Us a call. When did you get busted with the fake Siki on the pickup? If you're just.
Speaker 1: Joining us before the break, we're having a bit of a laugh about this poor twenty three year old girl that called in sick for a doctor's appointment and then got sprung being on the same flight as her boss to Bali, you have so much sympathy for her brain. You're the poor darling. No, she's taking advantage.
Speaker 3: Work harder.
Speaker 1: Maybe she's overworked, Maybe she's.
Speaker 3: Not working hard enough.
Speaker 1: The poor things she's like, she's going from Barley. You said she's working, Like where else is she working?
Speaker 3: Europe? Europe?
Speaker 1: Like she's traveling around. That kid doesn't even know what I'm working.
Speaker 4: You are such a boss. Laura has a business. And now, god forbid people take a sick day. When you were a young girl, you took fake Sicki's fall.
Speaker 1: I didn't all and I said this before. I'm genuinely mean this. I get such anxiety about taking sick days that I will stay inside with the curtains drawn for fear that someone thinks I'm faking it. I too, I always send a selfie or a voice note, as if to prove that.
Speaker 3: I love a voice note, and I always it's always just coughed. Sorry, give me here, guys.
Speaker 1: I came to work when I had an ament like I'm I hate that about myself. But I get such like a horrible feeling when you go for a job interview and they're like, you know, what what's something negative? And you're like, I just hate, Like how good I am?
Speaker 3: You know, like my toxic trait? Ye, my toxic trait.
Speaker 1: We've had some people writing on the pickup Instagram listen to this. She called in sick to work to watch her AFL team train and then ended up on the news and the news watching they told someone that they could speak German, trying to impress them, and then the person was German.
Speaker 3: That was so stupid. It's something I'd probably do.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Italy, that would be like, oh my god, met you a back, dammit, I reckon. The giveaway from that is when you said I can speak Italy, I can speak Italy.
Speaker 3: Wait.
Speaker 4: We had a line of call through to the show. Hay Lina, when did you get caught out in a lie?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 2: Hey, So it wasn't actually me, It was my husband. So he had his NRL Grand Final and I was he was rostered on to work and I was like, no, don't call him sick. Don't do it. You're going to get caught out. You're going to get caught out. He called him sick, and then he went back to work his next shift, and little did he know that his boss was actually really high up in the NRL. He got caught into the boss's office and they were like, what did you do last week?
Speaker 5: No, I should say.
Speaker 3: Did he Did you get fired?
Speaker 1: Did he like get reprimanded?
Speaker 3: What happens to NRL don't reprimand their people. Yeah, we've just covered that.
Speaker 2: No, he didn't get fired, but he did get in quite a bit of trouble. But it's fine.
Speaker 1: He still has his job, A very valuable lesson.
Speaker 4: No lying, what about Maddie, you've called through the show. Hi, when did you get caught out of a lie?
Speaker 5: So not me but my now ex. He was on Tindo with photos in my backyard.
Speaker 1: Like when you were still together?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, so we were still together. I only found out yesterday and photos of him in my backyard literally looking after my son.
Speaker 3: In the last twenty four hours.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, so we've still been together, but he's been on Tinder for like two weeks.
Speaker 1: The audacity also, like it's one thing to cheat, it's one thing to also cheat in your own backyard, like to be like I'm going to use your son. What a loser? You better off with that him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so it's safe to say that's dead and borne.
Speaker 1: Now sorry, I'm so sorry that is. I mean, like, look hell having a laugh about lies. But that really ended on a on a real downer.
Speaker 3: Sorry, Maddie.
Speaker 1: There's better men out there, Maney, hopefully.
Speaker 3: Not in backyard though. Well I'm just pointing we've just.
Speaker 1: Had one more come in. Let's end on a high. This is the most unlucky lie I've ever heard. Called in sick to go to the Taylor Swift concert. Mind you, this is where eighteen thousand people go. And in the road directly behind me was my boss.
Speaker 3: Guys. Oh no, I think light of your buses. Guys, well okay, I'm.
Speaker 1: Going to get you anywhere. And they're also just though that's fine.
Speaker 3: Let's get boss listening.