Speaker 1: People do some weird ship it should in young people inhaling the gas from cooking canisters known as mainz to get high.
Speaker 2: Some feelings more sinse than others.
Speaker 1: I've done everything for you, but my career on hold, I couldn't been anything if I'd had the talent.
Speaker 2: Blessed yourself for observations you didn't ask for.
Speaker 3: This is leadership.
Speaker 2: I think he's one of the greatest leaders we've ever had.
Speaker 4: Well, just still the black couple of Mitches.
Speaker 2: Would one of us be Mitch and the other be Mitchell? Just to make things easier?
Speaker 4: Your Mitch, I only call you Mitchell when you're being annoying.
Speaker 2: You always call me Mitchell. Oh No, he is Mitchulli and Mitchell kou. Jesus Christ, we're back again.
Speaker 4: Don't you knew the lord's name in Vain right off the bat?
Speaker 2: Jesus H.
Speaker 3: Christ.
Speaker 2: What was his meddle name was? Why? No, I don't know. He just made that up, didn't we Bethlehem probably was something like that.
Speaker 4: Who knows that was really Jenny? Would you google that? Could you put on your producer boots and google what Jesus's middle name was?
Speaker 1: No, I don't feel like being a producer today useless.
Speaker 2: We pay you to produce. Yeah, I know, you know when I bought you a ninety dollars fish plus ten and filtration system. You can goddamn google Jesus Christ's middle name.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you get back to it's with that.
Speaker 2: Sorry to raise my ten episode number seventeen. Probably are you a shocked to be made it this far. Let's be real, knowing my track record with pulling out into things.
Speaker 4: Well, when you think about it, you do three hours of live radio per day. Yes, we only do a one hour show approximately, so we've done seventeen hours. If you do Jenna do the maths. That's only that's like, it's not even like that's like a week or so. It's work for you. It's nothing really when you think about it, actually you've got like a lot more.
Speaker 2: I am a broadcaster. Hey.
Speaker 4: Fun fact, by the time this episode is released, the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras will have been.
Speaker 2: It will have been and gone.
Speaker 4: My prediction is that you will go home by ten pm. You won't bother going out and enjoying it. There we go.
Speaker 2: I'm watching Parasite that night. I've got tickets at the Dandy.
Speaker 4: Really, Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: I hate parties.
Speaker 4: Do you really think you're going to get to the Dandy on time from Oxford Street? It's super super busy. Yeah, you're not good. I just don't think you're going to make it. You're not You're not great at time estimation. No.
Speaker 2: Also, I'm wearrying. I'm wearing the giant chicken suit, the cash Cock, which is the mascot of the radio station we worked. Oh really, and yeah, well they I did it last year and they sequenced the Cashcock suit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they were like sequins of the size of c D.
Speaker 2: Didn't tell me that there were CD's the size of a vintage LP.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then they were so heavy.
Speaker 4: The suit weighed eighteen kilos and you weigh well.
Speaker 2: Substantially more excess baggage plus year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a.
Speaker 2: Bad Let's wear the same suit in twenty twenty. Same suit doesn't fit. Oh, it doesn't even come close. It doesn't even fit in the thighs.
Speaker 4: Well, blessing in disguise. You don't have to wear that anymore.
Speaker 2: Now I do their spray painting. The other one spray paint.
Speaker 4: Are you on the float this year? You were last year?
Speaker 2: I was, yet, Yeah, I am this year I buddy, Hope, I am. I'm not walking.
Speaker 4: I think he might be.
Speaker 2: How would you know? I actually I don't know.
Speaker 4: I have a feeling you're not on there No, but I'm not on there. Are this. You'll be able to wander and dance with me if you learned the curry.
Speaker 2: Don't talent, don't learn learn corry.
Speaker 4: Oh I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: I don't have to dance.
Speaker 4: I may not be talent, but I have talent. You should see me dance.
Speaker 2: I'm coming off as very obnoxious this episode. I don't look at Jenna. Did you get those facts? Yes?
Speaker 4: What'll we after again?
Speaker 1: I've got genis is? Oh okay. The H in Jesus h Christ comes from a monogram made of the first three letters of the Greek name for Jesus.
Speaker 2: More boring than I thought.
Speaker 4: I thought, that's not I've not had the light bulb moment when I'm like, oh, yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 1: I was right, Yes, it's correct, Yes.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: What was what was Mitch's question?
Speaker 1: It was it was a maths question, and I ignored it.
Speaker 4: I said, we've done seventeen hours of podcast. How much equivalent in like a week. Is that radio few It doesn't matter, doesn't do you talk for seventy seconds at a time.
Speaker 2: Also, this episode is going to be more than an hour on this track, we're going very very slowly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, can I can I tell you something? I think this episode of our podcast is going to be the first ever episode that we upload completely unedited. You know, I was bitching last week about my RSI.
Speaker 2: We're bitching all week about it. I might want to get lunches. It can't be sushi. I can't pick up the little choppyticks.
Speaker 4: Well last week I was laughing about it and mean like, oh, yeah, it'll go away. It's a whole thing. Now I'm seeing a physiotherapist and.
Speaker 2: I can't I edit.
Speaker 4: I know multiple, but yeah, I can't edit. So this this show is just going to have to go up completely unedited. Really, I don't do much editing to it. So just be mindful that if you say something dumb, it's going to say in that.
Speaker 2: I promise that one. And I won't bring up the time that you slept with Sam Smith that didn't happen. Can't delete it now that it's officials on the record, I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: I would be happy for that to go on record if it true. But it's not.
Speaker 2: What about the time the Jena Slate with Michael Bubla.
Speaker 4: Jenna, Yeah didn't it's true.
Speaker 2: Oh none of you want to get together off the record? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Can you at least like anyway? I can't cut this out. It's rambling on way too long.
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry, we'll wrap it up. I've got a very special guest on this show from my show.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I actually requested this one. Conan Gray Jenny.
Speaker 2: You know him.
Speaker 4: Yes, he sings that song Maniac.
Speaker 2: This one.
Speaker 4: I've had it on repeat. Can I just tell you that I feel like he's he's really growing on me. It's becoming one of my new favorites. And you spoke to him I did your radio show, and I was like, I don't think i've heard him speak. Firstly, I haven't listened to any interview, so I really want to hear this. We'll play it out later.
Speaker 2: He's very sweet and there is a story. I always seem to have a story. Yeah, he's like twenty one, like a little kid, and there's is a story. Before I met him, I got a text that was like, you can't say this in the interview.
Speaker 4: What was it?
Speaker 2: We'll tell you later.
Speaker 4: That to that one out, Yeah, no, I won't be I'll believe in that. Also, you might have seen in the news last week. Yeah, the very iconic Australian passed away. Turns out our Jenna knew them.
Speaker 2: You're kidding.
Speaker 4: So we'll be talking a little bit more about that later on as well.
Speaker 2: Right, did you did you know Steve Irwin?
Speaker 4: I didn't have it in the news last week.
Speaker 2: I couldn't think of it as who died last week? Plus, if it's your first time listening, we start the show the same way every single week. It's the name of the show is just me. I'm here, I'm Mitch. This is Mitch over here. Each we do want to each it is it just me? It's about something and that's not you're giving me a run sheet and I was just about to say something else and it's not right.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess that's just gonna have to say it.
Speaker 2: That's because that was me. I was conscious of that. Okay, it's something we've noticed, something we hate or appreciate.
Speaker 4: We say it. You say that every week? Do you really have to keep reading it?
Speaker 2: I don't remember it literally right now, something that we hate.
Speaker 4: No, I appreciate that I've hate.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Yeah, but look, I've got one this week that is TV related and might get you a little bit, might get things moving, you know what I mean. It's a bit sexual.
Speaker 4: Really, mind be related to Could this be the week that we accidentally clash?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? Mind? If we are the same one?
Speaker 4: You go first. Mine's about something that happened on Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 2: Actually, oh god, I don't watch that show.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, I don't think you're gonna like this.
Speaker 2: Mine's cartoon animated.
Speaker 4: Really yeah, I don't think you're gonna like it.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, let's jump into mine first and then we'll do yours after. This is the first edge of the show. Is it just me? Hang on?
Speaker 4: Stop? Sorry? Sorry, this is very unprofessional of me.
Speaker 2: Was it the volume?
Speaker 4: I feel like now it's a good time to tell you that every week on this show I do have to make the smooth sound effect a louder because you play it so fucking quiet, dude, it's like a mosquito. So I can't edit this week, crank that volume and go here's it? Just then we know?
Speaker 2: Is it just me, could some TV show characters get it? Like really like get it? You know what I mean? Like some TV show characters hot?
Speaker 4: Oh okay, well obviously, yes, are you talking about animated? One?
Speaker 2: Animated I'm talking about yeah, No, no, no, like you know Modern Family. No, those actors I'm talking about. I don't know why who are you finding hot in that? Phil? This is strictly animation. So I'll tell you where this stemmed from. I was at home and I don't start working till midnight, and I often get the Doctor Phil rerun then The Ellen Show in the middle of the day. It's fantastic.
Speaker 4: It reminds me of when I chucked sim.
Speaker 2: I have a sick every day and they don't have really steady cook on anymore, which is absolute travesty. But I went to Cartoon Network and I watched Danny Phantom. Do you remember Danny Phantom. I've got I've got the audio of the intro. Tell me if this rings any bells.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 2: Readyway Danny Phantom could get it. They did. They did just say his age, but he did literally said is forte? Not what I meant? But he is just a good looking cartoon.
Speaker 4: Very unfortunate and I'm sorry, I can't edit it. Oh, Danny Phantom would get it, and then he goes Danny's fourteen. Wow, I can't.
Speaker 2: I didn't listen to the introll though he was just fourteen. You know what.
Speaker 4: He could but he shan't be.
Speaker 2: Getting won't be getting anything. And chill is legal? What about this guy? Ready? Do you know this Jimmy Neutron, Jimmy Neutron.
Speaker 4: You think Jimmy again, but he's a little bit child.
Speaker 2: Talking about Jimmy. Jimmy's dad. Oh, Jimmy's dad could get it. Neutron's dad, Tron's dad or the dogge.
Speaker 4: He's got a very big nose.
Speaker 2: He does. He's very but he seems nice.
Speaker 4: He don't think he could get it, really, Neutron Neutron.
Speaker 2: I've got one that I reckon. You'll like match and he tell me if you remember this.
Speaker 4: Best and.
Speaker 2: These were the ingredients children to create the perfect little girl.
Speaker 4: Come on, maybe if they stop talking over the Oh yeah, the.
Speaker 2: The dad in the Powerpuff Girls. He's only ever in black and white.
Speaker 1: It's so true.
Speaker 2: And I think you only ever see his feet for him, Jenna, Yes, I do. He's a good looking gentleman.
Speaker 4: Oh he's I am a fan of a square jaw. Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's cheers. I picked him for you. He doesn't do anything for me, but I had a feeling you could.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I if I'd be interested in that, really, but you know I do. I do see where you're coming from. Sometimes cartoon characters are capable of conjuring up, you know, a little bit of interest. Yes, put it that way. You know that character in Futurama? Is it Zach Brannigan. It's something like, I can't remember Zach Brannigan. He always wore that really short.
Speaker 2: Short yeah, and yeah, he wore like a short dress. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh my god, I used to think about that.
Speaker 2: Let me find Zach Brannigan. I remember Zach Brannigan. Also, while we're on the topic, I'm Kronk from Emperor's New Groove and Kusko to be perfectly googling in the Lama form. I don't care. Kronk was cute.
Speaker 4: Oh god, no, no way, too baugh for me. No, m no. I see your point about cartoon characters being attractive, and I raise you cartoon animals no hold on this, So I wouldn't go there obviously, But I really do think that Kovu from The Lion King too has big dick energy. Isn't that the kid Lion he grows that he starts porking Kiara?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, dramas line sex is very odd. It doesn't ever seem consensual. The big one always just jumps on the poor girl and just starts going.
Speaker 4: Do you think about the fact that, apparently, is it dolphins, They're the only other species that have sex pasure? I'm like, what are the others doing?
Speaker 2: They sound like they love it too. Do you to do a dolphin impression?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 2: Goodness me? I almost awful. I know what you mean though, Like dolphins, imagine dolphins just having sex?
Speaker 4: Is it dolphins that have sex?
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure it's.
Speaker 2: There's another animal to I think there's a couple.
Speaker 4: No, I don't know. I'm going off something I probably read in a fantail packet, in.
Speaker 2: A fantail packet underneath a lippt and juiced.
Speaker 4: Tin, something like that.
Speaker 2: Bloodie. Hell yeah, any other character the angry beavers could get it too. Anyone remember the angry beavers?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: I remember?
Speaker 4: Why are people and dolphins the only mammals that have sex for pleasure? Answer dolphin clar I'm not going down that part. I don't want to know about that. Just leave it at that. Shall good for you dolphins.
Speaker 2: You get that root shop, that bottle nose in that dolphin.
Speaker 4: Whole Hurrican dolphins are getting more than me, just gently.
Speaker 2: All right, Well into your origin.
Speaker 4: Yes, let's go. Let's get into my Is it just me showing off your frank?
Speaker 2: Sorry? Do you know what that was?
Speaker 3: Quiz?
Speaker 2: It was it?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Done? All right, let's go into your regent. Is it just me?
Speaker 4: Do you find it really frustrating when you hear a song or like a piece of music in a TV show or movie and you're like, God, where have I heard that before? Or vice versa. You hear a piece of music and you're like, that's from a movie, that's from a show, and you cannot figure out where you recognize it from. It's like the worst days in your mind for days. Jenny and I were talking about this the other day because she was watching Dancing with the Stars.
Speaker 2: Of course she watched What do you text her? While she's on going where Amanda in the morning? Who is this? How did you get my number? That you do?
Speaker 4: But she was telling me Jenna that she heard a piece of music on Dancing with the Stars that sounded awfully familiar. I bought it with her.
Speaker 1: There's just Dancing with the Stars Live from Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Fair to say grand, It's been a tough week for comedian and Kathleen.
Speaker 1: The Give is all about energy, feel good.
Speaker 3: Double Ed has come.
Speaker 4: Back into rehearsals with Give is fast, it's compac and it requires a lot of energy, a lot of endurance, doubt, doubt, but in the end, it's just a fun dance.
Speaker 2: You're fucking kidding me.
Speaker 4: I never kid Mitch.
Speaker 1: Never.
Speaker 2: That's our intro music.
Speaker 4: It is our intro from.
Speaker 2: Our show opener.
Speaker 4: Yes, I just worry that it makes people think that we just ripped some like royalty free balls on the internet anyone can access no. No, like an embarrassing amount of thought went into the music.
Speaker 2: I remember you're right, because I remember when it happened. We we actually had a couple of weeks delay launch because we couldn't find the right music.
Speaker 4: And I understand how they got there because the name of that track is jumping Bean jive, so they would have they would have just typed in give because he was doing the jive that way, and they found that. Do you remember we were coming up with the most bizarre combination of niche words to find the exact sound we wanted, and we ended up going with retro electro swing. We type that in and we just downloaded all the backing tracks that came up under that.
Speaker 2: Sir, Yes, our genre is just that retro.
Speaker 4: We thought we were being oddly specific. All they typed in was give and now they're using our theme music.
Speaker 2: Hey, Lucy, what dance is that doing this week? He's driving? All right, it's not even givy, it's this fucking show.
Speaker 4: Do you know that one of our backing tracks that were used quite often, it's actually the very first backing track that kicks in when you hit the opener. It actually has ricks. You're kidding, but we just play the instrumental version. Yeah. Well, okay, Well we're going on edited this week, so this is a bit unprofessed, but we're just going to put the mic to my laptop.
Speaker 2: Everybody comes.
Speaker 1: It's very.
Speaker 2: It sounds like that song the released for the African Olympics, like s Africa glad you cut those lyrics out.
Speaker 4: Okay, so we have to make a roundtable decision. Now, are we going to abandon its music now that Ed cavally has made it inherently less cool? Or are we just going to carry on with all Larry fisting back and track.
Speaker 1: I think it's important to note that that performance was the last one of the night, so by that.
Speaker 2: Point viewership was down. Yes, Also, not many people are watching that television program. It's tanking in the right.
Speaker 1: No, No, it's going pretty.
Speaker 2: Well at it's actually.
Speaker 4: No, No, Jenna won't have it.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say, yes, we keep it. We don't bow down to corporate farmer, big farmer farmer. I don't know. I've heard people say it in conspiracy movies. I'm not bowing down to the man.
Speaker 4: I shan't be bowing down to the man or the woman.
Speaker 2: We're not changing for Ed Cavalley, whose breakfast show was canceled. That was enthusey. Imagine that horrendous.
Speaker 4: No they're still on?
Speaker 2: Are they really not? For long?
Speaker 4: Wow? You're just obliged to slag off the competition.
Speaker 2: Like Husy is our competition.
Speaker 4: He is he works through a different network.
Speaker 2: Oh I think that for this podcast.
Speaker 4: No, I meant for your livelihood.
Speaker 2: You can follow the show online.
Speaker 4: Just search a couple of mitches.
Speaker 2: If you don't, you're a tickhead.
Speaker 4: We also have as well as a couple of mitches, and all socials are Facebook group. But you need to answer a very top secret question. Only our most valued listeners will know the answer.
Speaker 2: Sorry, the whole show was just sitting on something and I thought it was my wallet when it was digging in it was a cheese snack. Sorry. I was like, well, I thought I took my wallet out.
Speaker 4: How long has that fucking snack been in your pocket? That's disgusting.
Speaker 2: Well, the cheese is warm. Date, here we go, best before the twentieth of the fourth.
Speaker 4: I'll turn it down.
Speaker 2: That's fine. Sorry for la, Can I have that?
Speaker 3: I'm fucking starving if it's warm.
Speaker 4: Hit you know what?
Speaker 2: And the chese has got all sweat on it. My butt's been eating it. Sorry, what were you talking about?
Speaker 4: The I don't know.
Speaker 2: Facebook group you can join. I had been accepting people without even reading and vetting their answers.
Speaker 4: You don't say too much about it, of course, but.
Speaker 2: Talking about of course, yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Anyway, you might have seen in the news last week guys that are very iconic Australian unfortunately passed away. June Dally Watkins. Does that name ring a bell?
Speaker 2: Mitch? It does, actually because my mum wanted to send my sister there because my sister was a right bitch for a period.
Speaker 4: Well she's apparently an etiquette experts that was her craft. I when I heard that June Dally Watkins passed away, I thought, God, I know that name from somewhere. Didn't realize who she was and what she did. Did a bit of research and this is what I found.
Speaker 5: Do I have a perfect life? To know all the right things to do is so important. I want to transform them. So many would come to me and say how do you walk like that?
Speaker 3: How do you do this?
Speaker 5: And that's when my mother suggested I should start the School of Personal Development.
Speaker 4: The students learn to talk, walk and dine the Deally way.
Speaker 2: You place your spoon.
Speaker 5: There right there at six o'clock.
Speaker 4: Now, guess who went to the June Dally Watkins School of Personal Development? No, it's for girls, Bloody Jenny.
Speaker 2: I saw your hair and thought I can help that thing.
Speaker 1: You went, Yes, I did, Oh, Jenna.
Speaker 4: That explains a lot, doesn't it? Just as soon as I saw some Facebook post. Jenna was quite saddened by the news because she had quite an impact. Right, that is correct. You said that, You said that you wouldn't have gone through HC if it weren't for old mate June. Why is that?
Speaker 1: Yes, A big project I did in year twelve required me to interview somebody and it was June Deli Watkins. Yes, I interviewed her. Wow, and I got a high distinction.
Speaker 2: Well done, jen Go to her castle or wherever she I'm assuming she lived.
Speaker 1: No, I went to the school.
Speaker 2: Oh, she didn't go to a house.
Speaker 4: I thought, maybe so were you a student there? I was a student there, and then while you were there you said, Yo, can I use you for my assignment?
Speaker 1: Year later?
Speaker 2: Fun, she would have said, Yo, Mitchell, Yo, June d HSC How dare you hop off that a Questra and Hall come here? I'm talking to me. Sorry. Actually it makes plenty of sense because whenever I go out for dinner with you, you pull out a dessertspoo and Nadie pocket. Here's my babyspoon, here's my teaspoon. You have everything organized.
Speaker 4: She's very polite, How Jenner, isn't she very well?
Speaker 2: Mannered.
Speaker 4: She's a filthy bitch, deep.
Speaker 2: Down she is.
Speaker 4: But she's just had the right training. And I was just like, I cannot believe that Jenna did this. What how long ago was this?
Speaker 1: This was in two thousand and nine.
Speaker 4: So we're going back. What things did she teach you that you've gone, well, that's bullshit, I'm not doing that. And what things have stuck with you?
Speaker 1: Okay? So first of all, let's start with the stance. It's called the Dali stamp.
Speaker 2: I need to make this official. Let me just you're gonna have to edit it.
Speaker 1: This is so disrespectful.
Speaker 2: I just get to set the time, all right.
Speaker 4: This is what she listened through on a U. B. Dally Not sorry, rude anyway.
Speaker 1: The Daly stance, what is it? Is how you're supposed to essentially stand.
Speaker 2: Okay, show us.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what I'm going to demonstrate is the Deli stance where one foot goes in front of the other.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, could be bothered thinking about this much.
Speaker 1: Sorry, my shoelaces are undone, so.
Speaker 2: That rolling in her grave, she'd be in the morgue. Still sorry, okay, sorry.
Speaker 4: It is Oh god, she's got like one knee up like she's on a red carpet, very angelin.
Speaker 1: That's the deli stance.
Speaker 4: And when are you supposed to do that? Just in the elevator? Like when just when you're not moving.
Speaker 1: Pretty much when you're not moving. Yeah, so it's supposed to become like second nature.
Speaker 2: Alright, so it's almost like a half Curtsey.
Speaker 4: Definitely this is tailored for women, right, Yes, good, because if I stood like that, I'd be gay bash for sure. Okay, rightly, so carry on next one.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you know, how is the misconception that women should cross their legs like that's supposed to be polite and everything. Yeah, miss Dally said, no, do not do that, do you know? No, it's miss Daly. That's how she wanted us. No, she was adopted.
Speaker 4: Wow anyway, Sorry, you're meant to cross your legs?
Speaker 1: No, instead crossed right now. Instead, it's like this. You twist your legs a bit.
Speaker 4: Oh, like a school photo like you're in the front row.
Speaker 2: Put little fists on your knees.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you've got your knees parallel to each other, and then you just put them a little bit to the.
Speaker 1: Right, little twist right or left. She didn't specify. I think that's what it feels.
Speaker 4: She can't don't be rude.
Speaker 2: This definitely can't be for men, because my testicles are being Do you know what I've said that in the in the chat? In the chat, I've got Dally, Miss Daly, How would I have addressed her?
Speaker 1: Miss You'll be Dally and it's miss staih you'd.
Speaker 2: Be Miss Dai Mitchell. Yes, my wee knuckers being squashed by my eyes in this position? What shall I do?
Speaker 1: She would have been disgusted by your language saying is it just me on the fly?
Speaker 4: I've never had that problem, Like if people kick me in the gonads, it's an obvious problem. But I can close my legs as tightly as I can possibly make them, and it's not a problem.
Speaker 2: See, I think I have as Oh, I've been told.
Speaker 4: I don't want to go team I. Mine aren't exactly small, but I don't. It's fine. I can cross my legs and they don't get jammed like two large boiled eggs. Oh, Miss Dali would be disgusting sor we can't talk about testicles in the middle of our watkins? What else did you teach?
Speaker 2: Third rule?
Speaker 1: Okay, another major rule of hers was no swearing.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, so both.
Speaker 1: Of you fail.
Speaker 2: You were both out of the car.
Speaker 4: I'm going to send her an air she's dead. I was gonna say an air cha when you saw that show you dropped the sea.
Speaker 2: Drop the bomb.
Speaker 3: Yes, I know, I remember that, vivital yep.
Speaker 1: I accept that, and I.
Speaker 2: Was still around to and that happened.
Speaker 4: What was her reasoning for not swearing because sometimes it's necessary.
Speaker 1: Well, her reason was mainly for females. So I don't know of your male swearing, okay, but I assume it would be similar.
Speaker 4: Well, I watched an interview with Julie Andrews on Ellen, and she revealed her favorite their word. If Julie Andrews, Mary fucking Poppins can swear, anything goes.
Speaker 2: What was her favorite swear word, Penny father.
Speaker 4: Well, ironically they beat it out. So I don't know. But is Julie Andrews swears.
Speaker 1: Yes, but Julie Andrews isn't Miss Dally.
Speaker 4: Correct, She's more than Miss Daly. Just die fucking go ya, Okay, let's go, Jenna Dally.
Speaker 2: Your legs just spread. I saw them, Kimbo. There was a thirty centimeter gap there's true.
Speaker 1: Okay. Next one, do you not wear logos and writing on your top? First of all, I am wearing that because it's Mitchell's jumper, because.
Speaker 4: I, oh, hang on, hang on, you put her lift that jumper. Watch the shirt.
Speaker 1: I am wearing a brand underneath.
Speaker 4: I failed up now sorry, you're an embarrassment.
Speaker 2: Rainbow flag too.
Speaker 1: I'm sure she would that she was actually really accepting of the LGBTQ community. I take that back, yes, very accepting.
Speaker 4: Did she tell you that?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay, good dinner the legs together.
Speaker 1: Next one, moisturizing the elbows. You always have to have moisturized elbows.
Speaker 4: I do agree with that.
Speaker 2: But she was against it.
Speaker 3: No, hey Dally, I agree, miss Dally.
Speaker 2: Miss Dally, mine sounds like a cheese greater ready listen.
Speaker 4: Oh very dry, Try and grate the cheese that you found in your back pocket.
Speaker 2: On my elbow, actually want to.
Speaker 4: We can't gross shit in our ode to June. Very true.
Speaker 2: We can't edit any of these, so fuck we've failed all the dead. Yeah, my testicals are in pain and we just said fuck.
Speaker 4: I've got the royal music any why I see on this bloody singler. I've got texts and you're wearing my jumper with text on it. Girl, she would she would hate me, Oh she would. She would fucking absolutely despise me.
Speaker 2: She really would.
Speaker 4: Is there anything else? Oh?
Speaker 1: I just thought of one long hair on males? No?
Speaker 4: No, no? Did What was her beef with that?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: It just is not appealing according to her?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not trying to get I'm not trying to pork you. No offense, June. I don't give a fuck if you don't find me appeal distress speech, don't you dare.
Speaker 1: Rude?
Speaker 4: Okay, there is a line between good etiquette and just being straight up judgmental. That one I just think is rude.
Speaker 1: Yes, but you know she's she was ninety two.
Speaker 2: Fucking hell.
Speaker 4: Okay, she was from a different time anyway.
Speaker 2: Is there ever sorry to Dally? Miss Sally, Miss Daly ever have like someone she just couldn't crack, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Did she have? Like?
Speaker 1: There was one girl in my class. Her name was Margot.
Speaker 2: Oh, Robbie, I'm look at her now.
Speaker 4: I've heard that Margot was a rat of a thing.
Speaker 2: Fuck.
Speaker 1: She was the eldest of us all. So she was like eighteen and she smoked. Miss Deally is very against smoking. Cardinals, no smoking, no, no nodding. Anyway, Margot would go on her lunch breaks and smoke and miss s DEALI couldn't handle it.
Speaker 4: I can't believe people sign up to go see this woman and tell you how gross you are, Like, why.
Speaker 1: No, she doesn't. She's actually really really nice.
Speaker 4: Okay, it's really nice.
Speaker 2: Also, Margo is alive and Daly's dead. So who won there?
Speaker 1: You're listening to just Me, a podcast by a couple of mitches, veil mass Dally.
Speaker 4: Miss why did your moum want mississ to go there?
Speaker 2: Because my little sister was a right little pig. She was awful. My little sister. Not only was there heifer at the age of Becky, Becky Becky the eldest, and she's a cop now so it all works out, but she was just rude. I remember I was in the car once we just picked Becky up from dancing. She was woful at it too, and was broken at the stage in the demountable and she did and the teacher actually came out. She's like, I think Becky needs to just stop doing tap because there's a lot of movements. Maybe she should just Jerry Nor. We don't. And I remember we got back and Becky was in a foul mood and Mom went, you know how I was dancing and she went, I hate you and I hate my life. And my mum cried for the first time ever, and then she said, I'm going to send you to June Dowly. And that was the my mum's threat growing up was I'll send you to June Dally.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's where I recognized the name from, like I've just heard it as a threat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my threat was Boystown. Did you ever get threatened with Boystown?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It's like an old school for naughty boys and they'd send you there and you'd get spanked. In my head, it was like you know, as Kaban and Harry Potter. But it lose down the South Coast and we my grandma used to live down the South Coast and we drive past Boystown and we'd be driving and my dad had gone, if you, Mitchell, you know, say something naughty one more time, that's where you'll end up. And I could see it. Terrified of Boystown.
Speaker 4: Maybe I should go there and just be a total pest on purpose. I'll be undercover.
Speaker 2: Oh, the irony of the two of us is that we love Boystown. Then would like it's time to visit, especially this last week.
Speaker 4: Actually, I think I've been nowhere do we go? Before we go? I wanted to hear your chat with Conan Gray because he's he's on my radar. I'm liking his new song Mania Give.
Speaker 2: There's a couple of.
Speaker 4: Other songs that he's done. He hasn't even his debut album comes out in March here, yes, so I'm like, usually someone has get a couple of albums under their belt before I give a shit. Yeah, this is the first one of the first times that I've actually given a shit about a new artist. I like you, I like that song, I like your but I've never actually heard him speak or like, I've never watched an in today.
Speaker 2: I hadn't until I did my research for the interview. And yeah, but anyway, it was a great chat. We actually got along like a house on fire. And at the end he was like, we should hang out in real life. And we haven't spoken since. They all say Instagram though, so we're good. He did follow me on Instagram, yeah, and we DMed. I said, thanks for the chat.
Speaker 4: Here's something that'll make you jealous. You know how you love that Morning Chow one Channel seven. Kylie Gilly followed me on Instagram, kidding, I love Kylie Gilly.
Speaker 2: This, Kyler Gillies is my favorite announcer in the world.
Speaker 4: Her and Natalie Barr.
Speaker 2: Finally, she cried on the weekend on TV.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: I know she's aw the ratings. Oh it was awful. Number one. This is me and kind of Gray, superstar of the world. Ready to roll on Mitch till Midnight. Thank you for coming on. I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Thank you for having me.
Speaker 2: Thank you for letting me sneak backstage. So we are where you're dressing rooms like next door NX Metro Theater.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: How do you feel being in Australia.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm so stoked.
Speaker 6: I wanted to come to Australia since I was like really little, because I really wanted to be a biology teacher as a kid, and the like ecosystem here is unlike anywhere else in the world, and so I really thought that I would just like, you know, move to Australia and become a biologist. But instead I became a singer. So well, arguably a failure on my part. Have you had any experiences with the animals.
Speaker 2: There's a lot.
Speaker 6: And there was a spider in my hotel room that I'm he was a buddy, you know. I was like, yeah, sure, you can chill while I'm taking a bath. Why not hang out, you know whatever, I'm naked.
Speaker 2: But when it was a spot up eyes, he's sorry, that's fine, but you are a singer ride not a biologist.
Speaker 3: He was at List high school, right, No, I dropped out of college.
Speaker 2: Dropped out of college very good.
Speaker 6: In high school though, I worked really really hard, and I got into UCLA with a scholarship. And then immediately after getting into UCLA, working so hard to get into school, I dropped out after like literally like a month because I got signed. I signed a record deal and then just like started touring.
Speaker 2: Holy shit, I did exactly the same. I got a semester in and funny story, I was at like a campus obviously, you know you wanted to be a biologist. Australian is like rainforest and dense bush. My university was in the middle of the bush and we had all these goose like geese running around the campus and we had a subway on campus because We're in the middle of nowhere, and I was hating the degree, and I had a foot long Italian b MT, you know, and I set out on the table and I.
Speaker 3: Had it all there and no word of a lie.
Speaker 2: This fucking goose ran up to the table, grabbed the subway paper and just pull the foot long.
Speaker 3: Ge so mean, so mean dude.
Speaker 4: Then he ate the foot long.
Speaker 2: And I did that day.
Speaker 3: I'm like, fuck it, I'm dropping out.
Speaker 6: Like character was to recover from exactly right, was to get a degree while you're dealing with therapy after.
Speaker 2: But obviously you weren't that traumatized from you. It just wasn't your feet.
Speaker 6: I just was like, I can't do this. I have to, you know, bust up. And other than going to college is becoming a pop star, right, and you've done it. I just did what I had to do.
Speaker 2: So many people drop out and don't make it, so you put. I was doing some research, as a good journalist does, and I saw that you uploaded there was one music video you put on YouTube, and that sort of started it all, right, you got signed from that?
Speaker 3: Is that true?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Well, so I'd started making YouTube videos when I was nine years old and then I started writing songs when I was twelve, and every single one of those songs that I wrote, you know, on my own, started going up on the internet since I was twelve years old, and I.
Speaker 3: Just you know, kept writing.
Speaker 6: I became obsessed with songwriting, like maniacally obsessed with it.
Speaker 3: Wrote literally a.
Speaker 6: Song every single day since I was twelve, and by the time I was a senior in high school, there was one song that I wrote called idle Town that I recorded in my bedroom like literally on a cheat microphone, like on garage band, like anyone who could have done it. And I made a music video with my best friend and put it up on the internet and within like a month that was like you know, getting millions of views. And then from there I took all the money from that I made from that, moved to LA and went to college, and then got signed.
Speaker 3: Holy shit, yeah it's fast. And it's like.
Speaker 2: You're a country boy, right, you're from Texas. I am a country by from the bush, from the American quick a little bit. Absolutely, I'm a heck yeah. But I love that you're a good heck oh. Thank you pull it off, thank you very much, because the change that you wear are very they can be like very hick or very hip.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, technically I am white trash because because my father, you know, my father's white, my mother's Japanese. I have a little bit in me. So I try my best, you know, do a little bit of white trash representation.
Speaker 2: You know, you've got the single on, Yeah, it's very white better you do? You have the wife better on? Yeah, this actually is very white trash or make it work, And you're making it work. I love it.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much. I've never like taken a white trash compliments so much.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, it's a compliment. It really is me too.
Speaker 2: I've got like these are massive lesbian energy business like cut off denim shorts.
Speaker 6: Very you know, I'm just really really proud of my heritage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're rocking it.
Speaker 3: That's what I wanted to say.
Speaker 2: As well, your music. When I listen to your music and watch interviews and watch your YouTube videos, I went on a deep dive. I feel like what we're getting when we see you and hear you is one hundred percent you. You know, you listen to an artist and the lyrics and you go. Someone wrote that I don't even write any of that, like you're killing it and it sounds so I'm not getting any of you, and I get you with your music. Thank you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I really the thing about my music is, like, you know, production wise, it's kind of all over the place, but like no matter what, I write everything myself, so like it always just sounds like like the way that I talk. I feel like my music literally sounds like me speaking. Yeah, just like with with the words that I use and stuff like that. And also like I feel like, you know, it's like cool and other artists, like you know, write write songs or don't write songs and like go into interviews and like, yeah, I wrote this song in a really dark time in my life, which really makes me mad. But you know, it's also like I just like writing songs. That's why I write them all myself. But it is like it I do feel like when an artist writes their own songs, you can tell it and it feels it feels more personal. And I really really try my best to like make a personal connection with these people because all these people have reached out to me been like I relate to you, and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like this is what I feel like too. You know, I think it's really important to me.
Speaker 2: Well, what music are you writing now? Like, what are your lyrics about? Like a year ago you'd be writing about I mean, you had so much to write about. But now you're a pop start, you're on the rise, what are the lyrics about?
Speaker 3: I mean the same stuff.
Speaker 6: It's it's like my life, you know, has changed a ton, but surprisingly, like every human kind of has the same issues. You know, you fall in love, you fall out of love, you're sad, you're happy, Yeah.
Speaker 3: You're poor, you're rich.
Speaker 6: You know, it's like you kind of like you all have a lot of the same issues no matter where you are in life. And that's what I love so much about music is that, like, out of we have so many things that make us all so different, and music is one of those things that like brings us all together. Whether it's like you know this like this pop song called Maniac that's like literally just like the song that you want to like scream in the car.
Speaker 3: You know, it's all it's like super deep.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean that song as me a little side if you actually listen to the lyrics, But like you know, it's like sometimes you just want to have fun and like music like brings people together, which is like we need that these days, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one very much. So have you had a US talk show debut.
Speaker 3: I've done a show.
Speaker 6: I've sung on on on the South of Myyers show, but I've done an interview sit down?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, because I think we should get it started and get a trend in Conan for Conan right, like you should.
Speaker 6: My gosh, why haven't they can do you can fight to the death.
Speaker 3: Yes, there can only be one.
Speaker 2: They can only be one when he's a massive human, he's like six f he's really smart and.
Speaker 3: Just look at me and.
Speaker 2: I just just melt a wisipate But you know what that would like? Why have there his people not gone?
Speaker 3: We need to get cons time on con I think he's afraid. I think he's scared too, scared that I'm going to fight him.
Speaker 2: Well, because there was what Conan the Barbarian right, and then he currently killed him. I killed off the map and you've got Conan O'Brien. He's he's in his mid fifties, he's going to be around for ages.
Speaker 3: He's been around for a long So.
Speaker 2: You've got to take you're the new Supreme and you need to rise to the top. You're the new Supreme.
Speaker 3: Let's that's clear. He would fall on murder me so quickly.
Speaker 2: Well, let's get you performing on the show, and then bit by bit will get you on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then we can actually have a fight. I would just love to get in a physical fight with him and be so fun. That'd be so funns con.
Speaker 2: Conan v Conan or yeah hashtag Conan on Condon. I think, well, it's not going to work, but he really won't care.
Speaker 6: He's like I went to you know, he's public school.
Speaker 2: You know, we pretend it's going to happen.
Speaker 4: I think it will.
Speaker 2: I think I'm going to see it on YouTube and I started.
Speaker 3: A matter of time.
Speaker 6: You're the only person who's brought that up. Really, I think about all the time. I'm like Conan O'Brien, let's fight.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm a massive Conin fan and I am too.
Speaker 6: I really love this show and I love I love his like behind the scenes videos on YouTube where he's a little remote where he like messes with his temps.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. So and he's an assistant sonar. Yeah, have you seen have you heard his podcast?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, listen to his podcast.
Speaker 2: It's just him and he's like best celebrity friends and it's just like this, they're just chatting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's just brilliant.
Speaker 2: It's really good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's good as name.
Speaker 2: Look at that. I love how we bonded over. We had to find common.
Speaker 3: Grand just somewhere.
Speaker 2: Hey, how are we going? Am I going over?
Speaker 3: We are right, We're good.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's talk about new music, because what are your stands called? Again?
Speaker 3: They don't have a name.
Speaker 6: They actually they have several names that they've given themselves. I think it's really tacky when artists like name I'm like you Swift was made by Taylor Swift. But that was such a good name. I mean, I feel like if it's right, it catches on, you know. I just feel like, you know, it's like, I don't it's not my I'm not going to force anything, okay, And they come up with their own things, like sometimes they call themselves the Coneheads. Sometimes they call themselves the cult, like the Conan Cult. Sometimes they call themselves they have like several names for themselves. So I don't it's not I'm not going to interfere. Like sometimes I'm kind of scared of them. I'm like, you do your thing, you know.
Speaker 3: It'll actually land on one you get one. I feel like I was like, they don't really care, like.
Speaker 6: Whatever, your fans are intense though they're they're so intense, but yeah, I think when it comes to standing, they're just like we're Konen Stands.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I got in a fight with bats Stands on Twitter like a week ago and they canceled me and I played them on the air, but I didn't play true songs, so they canceled me for not playing more.
Speaker 3: How dare you?
Speaker 2: I know, Swan, I'm like, I just played so bad.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's it's you know, I think it really just shows how much music matters to people.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like I will murder you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Don't murder you if you don't support my favorite artists, which like you know, everyone, like people need people who care about them that much. You know, we need that same energy out of our best friends. You know, we do, like I.
Speaker 3: Will murder you if with them.
Speaker 2: We need stand energy. In twenty twenty friends other people were dating, and we need that new music twenty twenty. What's the plan? What can you tell me what's happening. What does is your life mapped out until the end of the year or all the end of the year.
Speaker 6: After Basically, I mean, my whole entire everything is planned. But who knows what people will think about the album. You know what, My debut album, kid Crow, comes out March twentieth, and who knows what will happen after it comes out. And so I'm I'm excited just to see the way that people react. There's there's so many songs that they just haven't heard yet, and so many secrets that I just have never told yet and and kind of have been waiting to tell people things in a way that I felt like was right. And yeah, so I'm just excited for the album to come out and and to go on a massive world tour and just try to see as many people as it possibly can. Yeah, and also we'll see kind of like I really would love to work with and do a few collaborations and just kind of like, you know, make music what I do.
Speaker 2: I like making music. Do you have any tight up any you can tell some about it?
Speaker 6: I can tell you, Oh, sorry, you could get Conan O'Brien on a song Billy Eilish had off.
Speaker 3: Feature on a Conan holy ship.
Speaker 2: That's smart that you know what you'd be getting the comedy world, and then you'd be getting the music world.
Speaker 6: It's own thing. The comedy world will care about me.
Speaker 2: Well, they're all aldis, so you never know who knows, Like who's just try Yeah, he's not a real he doesn't have red hair. Okay, well, thank you for coming on. I am still sweating. I wish people could say I'm melting. I'm so embarrassed.
Speaker 6: It's all right, I was sweating everywhere as well. It's just quite gross.
Speaker 3: We're literally in a dungeon.
Speaker 2: What do you expect? Yeah, I know we are. How are you excited for tonight's son.
Speaker 6: I've never been to Australia before, and i'm because I didn't see what the crowd will be like.
Speaker 3: I feel like I really relate.
Speaker 6: To Australians in the sense of like it seems like the kind of place that you kind of like you grow up and you're like kind of like you get a little antsy because it's kind of suburbia. Yea, and I grew up in Suburbia, so like I feel like they're going to be extra wild I'm super excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true. We can relate. We're in the middle of nowhere. It takes ten hours to get anywhere. Yeah, so I mean Texas down south. True, so you're an AUSSI at heart. Yeah, thank you. Wow, just bestowed upon you, anointed. I don't want to touch you because I'm so sweaty. I am anointing you right now.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. Thank you for hanging out. I appreciated mate tonight. Thank you, Yay's.
Speaker 2: Best friend.
Speaker 4: Sorry, I'm just I'm just I'm finalizing my list of things that I now like about him.
Speaker 2: He's a nice kid. Right. That was a good chat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was. I think I'm officially a fan. Would you like to hear the list?
Speaker 2: Yes, go for it.
Speaker 4: Country boy? Yeah, is white trash? Yes, gets a bit pitchy when excited, me too, relates to Australians. There you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the whole things.
Speaker 4: I didn't like. Cheery breathing literally every time we're talking.
Speaker 2: No, that bad.
Speaker 4: No, I'm just d I liked it. Where was this happening? You think you'd have a bit more of a glamorous dressing room?
Speaker 2: Now it was the Metro Theater.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: It was very punk rock and very old Metro again.
Speaker 2: Metro is on George Street in the CBD. It's like it's like really tucked away.
Speaker 4: Oh right, shit, okay.
Speaker 2: It's very Avril Levine punk rock of vibes. Like everything was painted black. It's bricks, there's just no air con. And we were in a room no bigger than maybe like god, like a cubicle, like a bathroom, and it was the tool of us sitting inside it. It was horrendous. Wow.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, if he had to measure his level of fame, that's where is that now? Then he'll go and more, then he'll go Horden, kudos, kudo.
Speaker 2: He was lovely though. I really enjoyed like spending time with him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he sounds like fun. I'm keyboard with his album called again.
Speaker 2: Kid Crow because apparently his best friend called him crow when he was a kid because his hair was jet black.
Speaker 4: So it's named after bullying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a bullying anthem. No, it's named after his childhood in Texas. That was a great chat, by the way, well chatter on the heart radio right now you can go and listen.
Speaker 4: Of course, I didn't have a childhood nickname, did you guys? I was noodles Noodle.
Speaker 2: Now I had a hoodie with noodles written on the back of it because I ever told this story on this god for fake sake, and show this scar. See this scar right here. I probably ever noticed it until now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just thought you'd been lying down, was a mark from a cushion or something great. Never noticed that you have. Oh wow, he's like scarf and the Lion.
Speaker 2: King right across my face.
Speaker 4: Fucking scar above your eyes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's right there. There's actually one directly above as well.
Speaker 4: What did you do?
Speaker 2: I was hit in the head with a pool noodle.
Speaker 4: The pool noodle's capable of that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What fuck?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: It's tragic. Really. I was in Queensland with a friend I was like ten, and we were swinging the pool and his neighbor came over, a young girl, lovely thing, I think her name was Marley, and we had pool noodles right. We were riding on them and we were like hitting each other with them, having sword fights, and she just whacked me right across the head. And you know how the sides of poorl noodles, like the end, they can be a little bit like shut up. I think they almost melt them so they don't frey and they must just go with a hot branding iron. You cut your hair, Just a piece of hard, hard, hard farm just sliced through my head, glid everywhere through the water. It was truly tragic. And you know what the bitch did. She left, didn't even get her shoes and clothes, and she never came to collect them.
Speaker 4: She'd just thought, yeah, I thought you was Wiley, would do it again.
Speaker 2: She's like Wiley coyote. She never returned. I had to get seven stitches really right the eye in Queensland too.
Speaker 4: Do you have any interesting scars? Jenner?
Speaker 1: When I was about seven, I fell in into my neighbor's pool and oh.
Speaker 4: My god, shut the gate mate, Oh no, there was no gate. Yeah, this is the sixties.
Speaker 2: Jane like a ghost.
Speaker 1: Nineteen sixty eight.
Speaker 4: Remember she's a little bit vampire riscue dinner. She's like one of those vampires in Twilight that doesn't age. Yes, it makes sense now anyway, have.
Speaker 2: You had any tell what happened?
Speaker 1: You fell in and I've got a scar on my leg. I didn't have to go to hospital because my neighbor is a doctor.
Speaker 2: Oh, how bloody handy yep, mit, you only the mental ones.
Speaker 4: People. People often say to me, oh, sorry, you've got something on your tooth, like I've got a bit of food on my toeeth that bit of white shiit defre.
Speaker 2: I've never noticed.
Speaker 1: I've never noticed.
Speaker 4: It's like a little bit of it looks like there's a bit of yellow food or something sucked to my teeth.
Speaker 2: It's not just some banana from your smoothie.
Speaker 4: No, it's not. It's when I was attacked by a dog, Yes, when I was, like I think I was four.
Speaker 2: Truly tragic story.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's interestingly what gave me my lisp.
Speaker 2: The dog written what did it bark? And go forever know?
Speaker 4: Also, the dog's name is Mitch. Hilarious dogs picture in my hand.
Speaker 2: This is the.
Speaker 4: Dog's mouth, latches on top row of teeth on my nose, bottom mil teeth in my mouth, grabs little four year old Mitchell and shakes. Apparently I could talk. I've been told that I talked normally before that, and then after that I couldn't say the letter s properly. D've been mounted up my mouth. That dog can't.
Speaker 2: It's not the first time, you know, I had that much face to face contact with a dog. May right, that was quite possibly that's that animal harm joke.
Speaker 4: There's many contender springing to mine, but that was quite possibly. Your worst joke was that it was pretty low. It's all right anyway.
Speaker 2: Have you had voice therapy? Speech therapy?
Speaker 4: Yes, taught me how to say the letter s out the side of my mouth because I still can't say it at the front like a.
Speaker 2: Normal What did you say? How did you say it last time?
Speaker 4: Well, it was kind of like an F so you had a try and say it out the front. And it's like, like, I just can't do any normally. But now I kind of position it as such that I can get that nice.
Speaker 2: I know we're ending, but I just not We're not ending. The show's not done forever. But I actually say, can you say love for second for me?
Speaker 1: Love?
Speaker 2: Yees say it love, but like open your mouth and say it like so we can see how you do it in your mouth. Go do it? I Love.
Speaker 4: This kills me that I can't edit this out.
Speaker 2: Saying love Okay, Jenna love, Yeah, your tongue is at the front of your mouth. I say love at the back reading love.
Speaker 4: That's to be and our tongue is protrude. Yours leaps back round. It's trying to get out of the way of a buff on coming. L Oh, that's weird.
Speaker 2: L I can't care. It's gross, right, and I say so. I swallow my el's Mitchell, it goes back, Mitchell. Maybe that's why I choke so much of my food because I'm just dying. All right, it's been a real pleasure, ladies and gents. Can you meet it this and thing? Or is it all good? You can make one cut?
Speaker 4: Surely, mate?
Speaker 2: I hate the next video.
Speaker 4: It's very expensive. I shan't be making going against their orders just to make one cut.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: It's very simple, though. You just fade the music up when we're done, and then you fade it down gradually. Everyone shut up while he fades it down. Thanks for listening, guys, don't forget to leave a review. If you're using Apple Podcasts five yes please, all.
Speaker 2: Right, we're back next week on your grind to day match one. You can't edit it outs happy by.
Speaker 4: Faster?
Speaker 1: How was that that was so dumb?
Speaker 2: What was I did that? Perfectly? I thought, Oh, stops, doesn't it? I brought it back up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, welcome to Aid to Debrief.
Speaker 2: Welcome.
Speaker 4: This is our secret segment I reckon. People who would usually be fooled out of listening, would have listened for your manual volume decline, and now they're like, wait, this is an extra bit.
Speaker 2: They normally thought that the show is done.
Speaker 4: So this is our secret segment called AD debrief, where we just talk aimlessly. We keep it a secret because we're a little bit ashamed of where our conversation sometimes leads. The first part is planned so acted within reason. This bit is loose and it's very It's not good content, really, it's not. It's not the sort of thing i'd put on port Bowling.
Speaker 1: It's embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wouldn't put this on my LinkedIn, but I would put it on my resume because there's a radio first being.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 2: No one's yet to really officially draw it, but you can call in on one eight nine sixty six four four four eight new number. Yeah, twenty twenty. We had to reregister in Guam, so it's coming out of Guam. But you keep dialing six or six, then you want to put in the letter seven. Give a phone you don't, but it's not the number, it's in front of me. I get very confused, and then you call us and then we will put you to air. It is that easy, ladies and gents. You can also live tweet us as the show goes on, but we haven't had one yet, which is odd. The way it works is because you know, we can't just tweet us something. It works. You have to just tweet and hope that we're recording. But you know, if you get us, you get us. And there we go. Joe Hockey loving the show all the way from the US because the time zone is up listening.
Speaker 4: Who's Joe Hockey?
Speaker 1: He's the politicians?
Speaker 2: Politics?
Speaker 4: What are you doing in the U?
Speaker 2: S Well, he gets this right, was stabbed in the back in that whole libspill.
Speaker 4: Think you're making it up or is real?
Speaker 2: It's true? I love politics And he is now the US a U ambassador so he lives in Washington.
Speaker 4: Didn't know that job.
Speaker 2: You can never get fired from that job. He just stay. We can, but he just never retired. He just does that job for as long as he wants. Okay, there's no fixed term anyway. That's where it's at. Oh, Angela Bishop is listening. She says, can't wait for Charles two. I know why she tagged his entertainment reporter. She doesn't get Twitter. You can clearly tell anyway. Once again, one O seven the number, and you can call you're done. I'm just giving you the facts. That's how it.
Speaker 4: Works, the facts. The facts number as well.
Speaker 2: Oh there is a fact the facts six nine six six four three two is my you foods?
Speaker 4: Have you ever had people stating image? Why do you do that thing where you pretend that people aren't like you try and trick people out of listening. Obviously, no one's that dumb. People actually don't realize. People genuinely skip and think that the episode's done at that point. Yes, it's that, so many people have said to it's oh my god, I've only just discovered add reef like people actually tune in.
Speaker 2: To be fair though, I know why because I listened to this podcast and they the podcast ends and then there's like six minutes at the end. But all it is is this podcast was brought to you by Illuminary, and it's like, oh, and it's like join us on Facebook. The conversation continues and I just skip it every time.
Speaker 4: So most podcasts have like an end credits that people will skip, so they must just think that it's us thanking us bonsors.
Speaker 6: True.
Speaker 4: Can I tell you I do have red roofs avout it to give away? Though? Do anyone that comes on air and give us an is it just you? As in they bring their itym to us? Get the red roofs of voutcher. I can now officially say.
Speaker 2: You're kidding me. I never kid I keep telling you how can people they can mean treat us? Joe Hockey wants to do.
Speaker 4: Yes, it just slide into our DMS at couple of inches. He's on your mind, going about your day, and you think, I don't wonder if it's just me that thinks.
Speaker 2: That we've got a caller. Oh my god, the hang ups out Genevieve in Melbourne, you played the hangoup she hung up. That's a shame. That was what you were hearing. By the way, that wasn't it.
Speaker 1: I can't believe I'm missus Zoomba for this.
Speaker 2: Did you miss again, Jenna?
Speaker 1: Of course I did?
Speaker 4: Can I just say we record the same day every week? Just don't enroll in that class and stop bitching about missing Zombe. If you've got other commits? Can you shut up? You go? You go to other ones in the week, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Zoomba is on this day.
Speaker 4: You go to Zoombo on other days. No, oh, well, we will accept your resignation, Jenna if you really need to go to Zimba that badly.
Speaker 2: But you know, I don't think they're missing your ice. But to Gabby in your class And Gabby, how did everyone in the class feel when Jenna didn't turn up?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm so everyone loved that. Just do it a little bit and then felt fucking around. We can't have a conversation. It's got a text and my oh speaking of my rs I. Hello, it's Rebecca from Visio. It was great to meet you. I've recorded an important voice message for you following our appointment. Please check it out here. Oh that seems suss it it bay a voice message?
Speaker 2: Is that? How did she message that to you on text?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 4: Should I click that link?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Click the link?
Speaker 4: What if this is some scam?
Speaker 2: Wouldn't be a scam? She sounds very into you. What if it's like to fix your wrisk? You need to put it down?
Speaker 3: Sound and you know why?
Speaker 4: We need to get your risks back and working order.
Speaker 3: Don't you getting out of that?
Speaker 2: I actually don't think you're missing out on that much life with that hand illness. What do you mean I think you're making it all. I don't think you're actually give me, give me hold on, hommy, make this a thing. If you can list three legitimate things that you're missing out on because of your RSI I will shout your lunch tomorrow.
Speaker 4: I mean, I don't want to be all melodramatic about it, like there's there's way more serious injuries that I could have right now, but it's it's it has been a bit challenging.
Speaker 2: Not gonna lie you didn't list one.
Speaker 4: Well, I was going to get into it. I'm not working against your stupid clock. I will. I will fucking use my good hand to throw this pen at you.
Speaker 1: Please please do it, Jenna.
Speaker 2: I'm your biggest ally. No, you're not for the LGBT community, and I'm the Straits supporter. Are you coming to Marti Gras?
Speaker 1: I haven't been invited.
Speaker 2: Anyone can go? Is that right, Minch?
Speaker 4: It's like saying I haven't been invited to the canteen. It's open.
Speaker 2: Are you coming to Christmas?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: I didn't know. What's no one told me and told me about that.
Speaker 4: I always get left off the fucking invited these days.
Speaker 2: Why is he one eating chocolate generous Easter that no one told me?
Speaker 1: Very funny?
Speaker 2: What are you doing for Mardi gra Are you gonna go to the after party with Kesher and Sam Smith and do a lip? No?
Speaker 4: I don't know if I should go because of the.
Speaker 2: The hand is not my you can.
Speaker 4: Do no, it doesn't be honest. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You're coming on the kiss float with myself?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. If you see on my Instagram a picture of me all duled up looking cute, then yes, I went back. At the moment, I'm not sure if I'll go. It's a thing. As much as you think I'm faking my wrist injury, asshole.
Speaker 2: To be fair, I actually think it's bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, couple tunnel worse than I thought it was.
Speaker 2: Actually really well.
Speaker 4: I was taking the piss out of it last week. You heard it. Yeah, but yeah it's a whole thing.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: You wrapped the case around my hands, so I had to go out and go out.
Speaker 4: Would you call someone else is doing my job for three weeks because I can't do it.
Speaker 2: Really, Yeah, your actual day job.
Speaker 4: Yes, I have to go to physio and that's expensive. You don't realize how much you use both hands until you asked, I'll just use fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 4: Have you ever tried to put it on? Put it on a fitted sheet, on a mattress with one hand?
Speaker 2: I see, those are the tasks that you just don't do at the moment.
Speaker 4: I cannot do them. I'm not sleeping on a mattress without it.
Speaker 2: God, good point.
Speaker 4: I spilled a water bottle all over my bed and I'm like, I have to change it, but I can't. Oh bitch, yeah, your whole thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so hold on. Is it the soreness in the wrist or the arm of the fingers?
Speaker 4: A bit of everything at the moment. And I don't know what physios do, but they somehow found out that it's connected to the neck. So weird. That chick that just sent that voice message, she literally pokes the back of my neck and goes, can you feel that in your fingers? And I was like, oh my god, yes, what the hell?
Speaker 2: So weird.
Speaker 4: I don't understand the connection between neck and hands stuff. But yeah, it's all very weird.
Speaker 2: When I broke my leg, I went to physio and they just rubbed a saw balloon cream on me all day, and I'm like, what is this doing?
Speaker 4: Did you break your leg?
Speaker 2: I snapped a tendem, which was almost as bad as a break.
Speaker 4: Yeah. See, that's what I mean when I'm like, I don't want to be melodramatic about my r thigh injury because that would be fun.
Speaker 2: Oh it was awful?
Speaker 1: Is that when you fell down the stairs at a lobster place?
Speaker 2: I don't want to talk about it. Why would you bring that up?
Speaker 4: Jere Have I heard this story?
Speaker 2: I don't want to talk about it.
Speaker 4: Okay, well don't.
Speaker 2: Then it's Joe Hockey. He wants me to talk about it. I'll talk about it. So I was at a at a restaurant. Actually, let me set the scene.
Speaker 4: Maybe I have heard it.
Speaker 2: Someone else talk he heard it?
Speaker 4: Yep, have you heard it? He's heard it once, and I'll let you know if I've heard it.
Speaker 2: I was at a seafood restaurant, a lob actually it was a crab lobster restaurant that was their specialty. It was Thursday night and all night I'm cracking open this crack, chink, chink, Eat Eat, but it's covered in creole butter, and the creole butter spills all over the floor. And because it's, you know, a crab restaurant, everyone's been doing that all night. The floor is just laid in a thin eyer of butter. Very early, so I'm walking down the stairs. There's a giant crab on the wall the size of a small car, and I go, that's cute because they had eyes and a funny little mouth. And I looked up and I was looked up. I missed a step and my heavy left woods slipped on the creole butter, and the tendon went like a lastic band and it snapped and it bunched up halfway up my calf and I fell down the stairs. And then I went back sorry, and I went halbal was with two girls that hosted a radio show.
Speaker 4: Yes, now I know it, now I know it, but I've not heard this detail. That's fucking hilarious. Yeah, didn't you come to work with like a moon boot on?
Speaker 2: I had a moon boot for that.
Speaker 4: For some reason, I was thinking, I didn't know you. I do remember this, Imber, Holy shit, I didn't realize the butter situation.
Speaker 2: And I said, I'm fine, I'll drive home. Drove home. Halfway home, my leg had swollen so much I couldn't accelerate or break, so I had to pull over. My dad had to come and pick me up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, at least you have family in town to help you out.
Speaker 2: It's exactly right. Anyway, I went to the physio and he was like, let me rub this sor ballon cream in and he just.
Speaker 4: Wanted Philberleine again.
Speaker 2: Sawbollleon's like moisturizer.
Speaker 4: But oh yeah, I was thinking of Athelene. I was like, how's that gonna?
Speaker 2: Hello? I just saw bleon and then he strapped me right up. I was like, you know, Maria Sharapo.
Speaker 4: How long did you have that thing on?
Speaker 2: That bloody eight weeks? I think? And then I.
Speaker 4: Completely forgot about that period of our life.
Speaker 2: It didn't our life. I remarried couple about just before we had baby Simon. Oh yeah, when mich had the full there's a rough couple of months. We missed a couple mortgage repayments too, because he was off. Yeah, the minds. You didn't get ap proeve for work, and we couldn't get leave either, and Marabella got pneumonia straight after. It was awful. There was a rough shrot that way that year. Then we lost Dot in December. We lost Dot around Christmas.
Speaker 4: And Clem but January, oh.
Speaker 2: Clem God, I told Clem, don't feed the crocodiles. We did. We said, I've been doing it for my whole life.
Speaker 4: At Lengthy died doing what he loved.
Speaker 2: Claim that night no one answered. I thought they got him.
Speaker 1: It was beautiful funeral though it was.
Speaker 2: Beautiful, the bagpipes, nice touch, what he wouldn't wanted anyway. So yeah, but my leg didn't recover for I reckon twelve, it was really tender. Wow, you sort of healed, but then you've still got that recovery period where you can't do any you know, higher exercise, and that kills me because I love I just love to get up and go. Do you know what?
Speaker 4: That's actually what has been the roughest is that I can't exercise it that much. And I've other people that have had other injuries much more experime than mine have said like, oh, it's actually you don't realize how how much impacts you mentally when you can't do the things that you usually do yeah, fucked, but anyway, we'll get there. We'll get there.
Speaker 2: Here we are, you know, robbing generalism, but class, we're talking about not being able to do your exercise.
Speaker 4: Just I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Instead of coming on air sorry on the every week and bitching about it, let's have a conversation about it. Either find another Zoomber studio or a different time, or we agree to a different recording day. Don't just come on wait for the mic so to be like, I can't go to Zoomber because of this.
Speaker 1: It's going to get old, Okay, whatever, let's move on, all right.
Speaker 4: We won't come up with a solution. Then you're on your own.
Speaker 1: There, you are flapping like an albatroth.
Speaker 4: Just keep just keep, just keep disappointing your Zoomer instructor week afterwards.
Speaker 2: I let's all settle that, okay, deal.
Speaker 1: I will I will be a disappointment.
Speaker 4: I will assist.
Speaker 2: A disappointment.
Speaker 1: Yes, I could have told you that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Jeane Dally Watkins could have told her that.
Speaker 2: Beyond how hey, you know what we should do Ouiji board, No, but we should do one with June Dally. Try to connect to her. June Dally, she.
Speaker 4: Just spells out the word yuck.
Speaker 2: If a.
Speaker 4: Not in Martigras season, I thought we were allowed to say it. I think we are, but other people listening might not have such a flippant regard of the word as very true.
Speaker 1: Miss Dally wouldn't have, like.
Speaker 4: Did you not? Did you see all the brands during Martigra season that were trying to create woke ads and what they were doing was reading out the homophobic comments they get And it's like, no, no, no, that's not helpful to like this was clearly a straight person's idea to read out these things like you don't remind people.
Speaker 1: And it was the Australian Federal Police.
Speaker 4: That's right. There's been a couple though, there's been a couple. I swear to Funk, I will break your fingers.
Speaker 2: She's listening. She's always listening for targeted ads. I couldn't stop it from talking Siri if she wants to chime in, she's heard the homophobic.
Speaker 4: Messages too, and they actually are always listening.
Speaker 2: Yes, because I got tailored ads the other day for beef jerky. Never once did I search it, but I was telling Hayden just how much I wanted beef jerky and it's like Ozzie builtong emu kangaroo beef.
Speaker 4: I don't really mind. I don't really say much, to be honest.
Speaker 1: No, but yesterday I got an ad from a Muslim dating site and I've never mentioned anything like that.
Speaker 4: I keep getting the ad for that bloody tongue scraper, and I mentioned.
Speaker 2: That last week.
Speaker 4: Well before that, did you google that tongue scraper that makes your breath like your tongue not all white? And no, it's it's always been there. I've never googled it.
Speaker 2: Isn't that body interesting?
Speaker 6: God?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I always get ads for? That dice and blow dryer? Really, I love one of those. If you ever, guys, get me a gift last Christmas, I got your both gifts. You didn't get me one. I would love the dice some one.
Speaker 4: I'm the gift that keeps on you are you know?
Speaker 2: I'm surprised this show's gone on as long as it hasn't?
Speaker 1: I know me too.
Speaker 4: What made you think that it wasn't going to last longer than seventeen episodes?
Speaker 2: Your lack of commitment.
Speaker 4: Ordinarily I might have a sense of humor about that joke, but when I'm literally injured and exhausted an agony from overworking. I don't find that funny.
Speaker 2: I know I'm just.
Speaker 4: To your timing anyway. Hell with everyone, you're good, you.
Speaker 2: Don't want good. I'm good. I had something to bring up in this bit, but you know me, I couldn't. Bloody god, can you believe Guess who this is?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's Kate Dally Watkins, her daughter.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is.
Speaker 4: Stop slagging off my mother's fine.
Speaker 2: She didn't say that. She said she never liked.
Speaker 4: Jenny Daly Watkin, Tiffany Jane Dally walking to the name her daughter, can wait, Junior. It wouldn't be something modern like I know, it'd.
Speaker 2: Be Peach Daily Watkins, Jenne. Do we have jamm.
Speaker 1: Carol and Lisa? That Carol spelt c A R E l.
Speaker 4: Also, all she needed was Stevie and she's got the saddle club.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, she does. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I want to hear her one more time. I want to just picture a voice.
Speaker 5: Don't have a perfect.
Speaker 4: You have a perfect perfect.
Speaker 5: To know all the right things to do is so important?
Speaker 2: Why does she know all the right things that?
Speaker 4: Well, that's what I'm like. It's a little bit arrogant.
Speaker 1: She's not claiming that she does. She's been edited that way by SBS or whatever.
Speaker 4: Oh God, calm down.
Speaker 1: Yes, I do have to defend.
Speaker 2: Her coming across as a bit of her.
Speaker 4: She can't defend herself beyond the grave.
Speaker 2: Get it.
Speaker 4: That was stupid. You know something I've noticed about you, Mitchell Churing. Tell me, apart from the fact that you're the most irritating person ever man, true, you get away with calling people just by the first letter of their first name, Like you just called Jenna Jay. Remember that we had that Georgia Chicken? Is it just you and you called it? You're like, hey gee, And I'm like, I could never pull that on you say it was such confidence. I don't know, because I've heard you say it a few times to a few different people. It only works with letters like you couldn't say, hey, am, that's that sounds ship?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: True? You called You used to call Talsia t when she worked in our office.
Speaker 2: I did. Then the earthquake and she had to leave, poor thing.
Speaker 4: This is why I don't like this section of the show. I can't have a conversation either a sound effect or some dumb okay, it's not like this. During the show with it.
Speaker 2: Bits are done, the bits are over. Do you know we haven't done a while and I want to do next week Coughing Fit Chicken. Yeah.
Speaker 4: True, we haven't known anyone.
Speaker 2: I'd like to do a Coughing Fit Chicken.
Speaker 4: Last time we rated your celeb black book, Yeah, we should do yours. Do I even have any celebs in here?
Speaker 2: I actually have had made a couple of additions to my solib bike book.
Speaker 4: Did you just want to bring that up? Let me see who's the most famous. You know, I've got bo Ryan's number. We could Coughing Fit Chick and him. The irony being that he sold that segment for Carl and Jackie. Oh, They're like I heard it one day. It was like both coffin calls. I was like, what the fuck's and he does the exact.
Speaker 1: Same thing, and it's part of a show that stole our song.
Speaker 2: What yeah, get off Ryan, Ryan.
Speaker 4: I will hand it to them. It's a fucking brilliant idea. I'd steal it too if I hadn't come up with it as well.
Speaker 2: It's true, I mean, no one else. I think I'm the only one that could do a good coughing FITCHI commit to the role, and I have smokers calf and I thought smart.
Speaker 4: So far we've called ben Fordham some Bushleton Live.
Speaker 2: She shared it on her Facebook only the last week. She goes, I only just found this. These two boys or maybe one's a girl, I'm not sure called I only just found the video. Here it is.
Speaker 4: And then the other one we did with Bunnings when you were Santa. So you know what, I think we are due for another copping fit Chicken.
Speaker 2: We'll do that in the next couple weeks, if not next week. Also, I want to do a Witch Mitch, another Witch Mitch because the people know who we are. Do you remember that segment? Yeah, so read you your memory. I'm pretty sure it's still here.
Speaker 4: Well, Jenna has to do that, and she's resigned as a producer. She goes around the office and she gets people to compliments. They say, Mitch is really smart, Mitch is really funny, and we have to guess which one they were talking about, and only she knows because she was there. So, yes, we don't have a producer to do that.
Speaker 2: A good point.
Speaker 1: No, I don't want to do that.
Speaker 2: I can do it.
Speaker 4: I'll do something now, But then you'll know you have to guess who which Mitch was, And if you're there getting the compliment, you'll know true.
Speaker 1: No, and they'll be like, oh I have to say Cherry.
Speaker 2: I could get them to say it. I'll say, hey, say a compliment for one of us, then write it on this piece of paper and I'll never look.
Speaker 4: All right, you go, fron, I'm not going to stop you.
Speaker 2: If I don't want to do it over and I'm tired, we should go. To be honest, I've got to do my radio show. We always record over time, you know, it always gets into my night's time slot.
Speaker 4: If you're part of if you were part of our Facebook group for add brief is only the only listeners of the secret segment. The entry question is what's the name of the secret segment? The answer is ad debrief. It's a pun about having eighty d's and you can't focus and having a debrief. So if you join the group, let us know who you think we should coughing Fitch Chicken next week. Yeah, we could do Kyle like do what No, he's already had. Okay, now we're stealing their ideas. Nat Nat True the tail won't wag the dogs. Kyle and Jackie O steal our brilliant ideas. That's how it works aroundy.
Speaker 2: When you get back to your job role, I don't know, you come work on my show, we breaths and sort of have a little hangout again, hang out together, you know what I was thinking. We haven't hung out you and I in months years.
Speaker 4: No, the last time we hung out was when we went to where would you go?
Speaker 2: And what was it called? We were at your house vision.
Speaker 4: Don't get me started on that. I don't think I've ever spoken about that on here.
Speaker 2: It was the death of your husband. No, I've never spoken about that.
Speaker 4: No, No, what happened was we thought it would be nice the night that we released the first three episodes of this show. Yes to actually your idea. He said, maybe we should like have some friends around, have a few drinks, have like a little celebration. And I was like, no, I don't want to. I'm gonna be so stressed from trying to produce it all day. I'm gonna be tired. I'm just gonna want to relax. You're like, no, no, no, we should, we should we should have friends around. And I was like, fine, So I invited friends around to my place. You showed up, popped a champagne pottle and then said, so I forgot that it's Hayden's mum's birthday and I've agreed to go to that, and you left before the guests are right, someone showed up for with a bottle of wine for you as a congratulations, and I got that wine. I very embarrassingly had to say he's abandoned his own launch party because of his inability to plan.
Speaker 2: No. I knew it was a birthday, but I didn't realize. I thought her birthday was on the Friday, not the Saturday. I just it was a Sunday Iday. Got confused, JN.
Speaker 4: And I just said to you. I was like, I didn't even want to do this. I'm not pissed off because you didn't come. I'm pissed off because I had to.
Speaker 2: Do it without you. Was your idea? I know, I mean nothing but wellness, you know firsty.
Speaker 4: But yeah that I don't think that even counts as us hanging out.
Speaker 2: True? Why don't we hang out? You want to just chill?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Do little bullies hang them out? We can hang Jenna and I have hung The last.
Speaker 4: Time I hung with you was seriously when we went to Berry that time.
Speaker 2: That was so random. Our friendship had just begun and you.
Speaker 4: Weren't even I don't think you were even dating Haten properly.
Speaker 2: No, he wasn't even on the scene at that point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fuck and even him for over a year. It's been over, Ethans.
Speaker 2: We hung out, we went to Burry, I drove, we got Bury Donut vans. We didn't buy the vans. We got donuts, and we had so much fun. I was like, oh, like a date.
Speaker 4: It wasn't. Sorry, No, it wasn't very dateline wasn't here.
Speaker 2: We drove to b it was. I didn't think it was.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 2: I didn't think it was a date. I'm saying it was very date light.
Speaker 4: That's my bloody asked be playing up again. I didn't realize it wasn't a date.
Speaker 2: Stup my little as.
Speaker 4: I sometimes worry that people with that. I'm very careful about the language we use around this co host relationship. I'm paranoid that people are going to think couple of mitches means we're a couple.
Speaker 2: No one has ever thought that.
Speaker 4: I just I'm so worried.
Speaker 2: Now because a couple of mitches, actually, a couple is more than it really should be. A duo of mitches, A couple of mitches insinuates more than two. A couple of means too. Sorry, I think it's time to go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's meant to be sorry, Like, oh you a couple of bitches?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got it. The original of this podcast, in my mind was Mitch please, a play on bitch please. Yeah, Mitch please. But you've made the great point that it doesn't really point out to what the podcast is, doesn't explain.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and also I don't think it came up an idea for what the podcast was. You said, you just came up with the name. And then I was like, what are we doing it? You're like DNA Yet I agree with you. Anyway, we really.
Speaker 2: Should get out of here. Yeah, it's been a great show. I'm exhausted, and you know what, I can never do this show right before my own kissed show because I get so exhausted.
Speaker 4: Would it be easier if, because you know how, in order to record, I have to stay back late after work. Maybe if you stay back late after work, I come in early. We record at three am, meet in the middle that's a good idea.
Speaker 2: But Jenna wouldn't be She's got to pick up.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Imagine how different this podcast would be if we were up at three am.
Speaker 2: We'd be like, fucking I couldn't do it. I couldn't function. You know the other night I fell asleep at three. This is getting very boring. It's been a great week. We will see you next week. Maybe the coughing fit Chicken. I think we should have another, guess. I really liked having Ruby on.
Speaker 4: You know, it's funny we were we were planning to get the guys that do the podcast, oh dear on the show. Still planning to get them, Morgan and Mary, and they are so fucking lovey dovey all over Instagram about how good friends they are. Ruby and Jack also very good friends. And then we've just talked about the fact that we haven't hung out for over a year.
Speaker 2: We're friends, and we are friends. We're the type of friends they don't need to fucking flaunt it. We actually are very close.
Speaker 4: You know what, do you know what the truth of the matter is. It's just that you're You've got different priorities to me. You've got family in Sydney and you're in a relationship, those two things come first. All I've got is my friends, so I'd spend time with them all the time. But you're with your family and your boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Very true.
Speaker 4: So I never see.
Speaker 2: Between having a very close family, a loving relationship with your partner, and a fucking national radio show.
Speaker 4: And a tendency to nap all day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I love food. I've got to have my six meals at day and this podcast. I have no time to do anything. I really don't. And I've just joined TikTok I hat fifty thousand views. I know for you that's nothing, that's a drop in the water.
Speaker 4: Three point three million, but whatevery.
Speaker 2: But Jenna doing her buddy still videos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so still waiting for you to follow me back.
Speaker 2: I follow you. I sent you a gift last night.
Speaker 1: No you did not, No, you did not.
Speaker 4: Chatted out TikTok go thirty six point one thousand, the one that you me and Ruby made last year.
Speaker 2: Is that okay considering your ratio? Or is that low?
Speaker 4: It's one of my low performers, that's right, I'm not really.
Speaker 2: I actually put up the original video every time.
Speaker 4: I go on here, I put that up Oh, that's weird. That's not tiktoki.
Speaker 1: How many views for.
Speaker 2: Two eighty sis?
Speaker 4: See? This is this is why TikTok's weird. We should go, but I'm just going to keep talking. My lowest viewed video on TikTok is sixteen point three thousand views. If I got sixteen point three thousand on my Facebook page, I'd be like, I'm happy with that. It's really weird how TikTok works.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the TikTok algorithm is odd. I was talking. I don't know who I was talking to about it, but I'm like, how does a good video do well? Is it because the content's good? Is that how it works? Or is it the hashtags? You use?
Speaker 4: Both?
Speaker 2: It's odd, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Bit of both.
Speaker 2: We've been to TikTok headquarters.
Speaker 4: Have you?
Speaker 2: Have you been to Facebook headquarters?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 4: I had a meeting with their two reps though, do you win a couple of months ago?
Speaker 2: Can I come? Oh you've had sorry?
Speaker 4: I had, Yeah, I already had it. We go way back, Lindley and Chow something. I don't know.
Speaker 2: You know, there's this guy who works in this building and someone said, this is chaplain When I first met him. He's lovely, but I thought he was the work chaplain.
Speaker 4: What's the chaplain priest or?
Speaker 2: I thought it was someone for therapists, and.
Speaker 4: He does wear a collar shirt.
Speaker 2: He was here, looks like a priest. So I remember someone being like, who is that. I'm like, that's our chaplain. And they used to be like, oh okay, But I have told a dozen people that he's the work chaplain. But no, his name is chaplain, someone's name being doctor, that's the doctor. My name is doctor. Anyway, we need to go. We'll be back next week. Major episode. Follow us on Instagram at Mitch Jury, at Mitchell Coombs, at fish Girl They're all our official and and at Underscore Mcloud's Underscore, Daughter's Underscore Fan Underscore.
Speaker 4: I'll see you this time next week, Mitchell and at no other time.
Speaker 2: Sounds like that Carl Stefanovic film that got absolutely asked film, that TV.
Speaker 4: Show where he is so shitty that I can't edit this nonsense. This is going to be the longest episode.
Speaker 2: Do you remember he used to do that show and it was this time next year. He talked to me, he talked to someone and then they'd cut the interview. Right at the end, and then they'd come back a year later and have them back, and it was always like, Hi, my name's Belle. I have stage four cancer. The doctor doesn't think I'm going to make it, and they'd make it very dramatic, and then she'd come back to you later, and then she comes back and goes.
Speaker 4: I was lying, but I've sold the old cookbook. I love how you said, Belle and stage.
Speaker 2: Bell Gibson, Of course I do. Yeah, that's what that's the reference. I was making.
Speaker 4: Your face that was an accident.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't be funny if he had his wife on to have a loving interview. And the year laters like, she's left me, so the show's over because they got divorced, or he's like, we're talking to the ratings of the Today Show. It's going really well. Year later, we've been canceled. Sylvia Jeffreys networks at a local autie packing bags. God, she's quick, Ali bags. Why do you have to pack your own?
Speaker 4: But I talked about this on the show, have.
Speaker 2: We Yeah, it's so goddamn.
Speaker 4: I love that we've hit that point that we've forgotten what we've already talked about. But we haven't that means we've been going on since we have three famous What happened on episode thirteen, Lizzo, No, it was our Christmas to show the last of you. Not my cup of tea came in?
Speaker 6: Ye?
Speaker 4: What happened in episode Oh?
Speaker 2: God, just give us a number.
Speaker 4: What happened in episode eleven?
Speaker 2: Oh, the red Rooster rolls?
Speaker 4: I think that was ten?
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 4: Eleven was the Katy Perry Apple Fider Vinigo channel.
Speaker 2: Oh, that was a fun episode.
Speaker 4: We talked about trees.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, we bring that back. Those ads. I saw another aid and that was I'll find it right, I'll bring it back. What was our best episode? Do you think? Not this one? God?
Speaker 4: No, don't make me laugh anyway.
Speaker 2: You know, how can people get in contact with the shows?
Speaker 1: Hit us up on our Facebook?
Speaker 4: What were we saying before that?
Speaker 2: Aldi? Chocolate? Oh the milker so good?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: Fuck I what's that? What do I get from Knoppers? You know, the Knoppers from the Bosoms?
Speaker 2: As you said that, I can.
Speaker 4: Over that giant.
Speaker 2: I'm a bacup. I haven't had I haven't had Knoppers now?
Speaker 4: Oh? What they're like? That wayfer thing.
Speaker 2: And the packaging my grandmother. I'm Dutch. So my grandmother is born in Holland and she was Missholland right she was. She's a supermodel. She was the face of berry juice and she always says that she was.
Speaker 4: My mom with bog and Gate show girl.
Speaker 2: It was the face of berry juice before it had preservatives. They've got old dyes. It was really anyway. She only shops at Audi and makes all these beautiful Dutch treats and one of them is salmon mixed with mayonnaise, mixed with tuna, mixed with just chopped up pickle and then like a crackover. And I took hate them there for the first time to hang out with her, and I made him eat. It was so funny, terrible story. We need to go, oh yawning. We'll be back next week episode nineteen.
Speaker 4: You know what could be a fun game I just thought of. Now it's my fault, the wad dragging on. Going to Audi. I pick out their ripoff products. I tell you the name. You have to figure out what they're ripping off. Oh that's blood cocoa balls. Yeah, I like that. Okay, some of them are really easy, like wheat biscuits.
Speaker 2: What about preschool shock, get a surprise.
Speaker 4: Prep startle.
Speaker 2: Baby boo.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is an even funner game. We come up with the real product, and we give all these suggestions on what they could call it instead so that they don't get suits.
Speaker 2: Okay, So like milo could be my flavored dirt, sweet coffee, grounds.
Speaker 4: Brown sugar.
Speaker 2: That's a big.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 2: What about sweet soil? What about? What about mini wheats, the cereal tiny harvest wheat pillars?
Speaker 4: What about okay, dunklees, kangaroo divers.
Speaker 2: Trowning dog roll ups, Oh, sticky blinds, don't stop me?
Speaker 4: Okay? What about? Oh, now I'm on a whole other tande don't even care if I can't add it. This is this choke. You go for seven ounces?
Speaker 2: Mom's dad, Toby, Yeah, I got it.
Speaker 4: Your mother's brother, Toby.
Speaker 2: Mother's mother's brother, Toby.
Speaker 4: What about? What about what's the product laurel? Nah, you've gotta go like you've gotta go specific. Oh, Roberts Hives lubricant for your mouth.
Speaker 2: Mouthhole lubricant. What about the.
Speaker 4: Rice bubbles? Oh, Chinese puffs, ribbles.
Speaker 2: Bess marniballs. What about what about an espresso pods? Oh, that's hard George One's favorite containers. Containers.
Speaker 4: Okay, what about we need to do this next week?
Speaker 2: Why don't we always come up with well, you know, we always do. It's almost like on death I've made this reference before on Death Row, when they all the murderers admit to their crimes. They do it right before they die. Well, all our good ideas, well, good ideas come out before we know we have to go. I try to squeeze it out like an orange.
Speaker 4: What about cling wrap?
Speaker 2: Oh, that'd be uh condo.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say plastic clutch.
Speaker 2: Grip of death. We need to go. I was played this game next week? That's fine.
Speaker 4: What about aeroplane jelly oh, Bowing, triple seven, the latinous A three eighty squish.
Speaker 2: And funny one more? Jennay, give us a product? Why doesn't Jenny give us the product?
Speaker 4: Because you give us the bar the product, and we'll come up with the ripoff name. Okay, coldcate, Oh yeah, iron ore fence?
Speaker 2: What about fossil fuel fence?
Speaker 4: Give us another one?
Speaker 1: Sorry, let me think Billabong ice cream.
Speaker 4: Fuck Jolly's, Wagman's camp site, Brosen popsicles. Why do we shout I.
Speaker 1: Don't know why we could dairy farmer's milk.
Speaker 4: Oh cow out a squeeze of milk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, cow we Cowie Regional edition.
Speaker 1: NERF guns.
Speaker 2: That's hard.
Speaker 4: No need to duck, it's it's fine.
Speaker 2: Maagine that on a box of a gun. No need to duck, it's just fine, Mommy, I want the No need to duck, it's just fine. No, what about what about?
Speaker 4: Okay, let's go toys. What would you call a rip off buzz light?
Speaker 2: You a rip off buzz light? You would be.
Speaker 4: Winged spacemen, humming dark months.
Speaker 2: Light your dark man.
Speaker 4: You know what we used to do back on don't vomit not my cup of tea. We used to do action would bring us the Halloween costume name, and we'd have to come up with what it was actually ripping off. So like small Wizard Boy, if you brought that costume, be Harry Potter. Yeah, so it's kind of like that. Really, I'm just sting already. What about Kleenex tissues? Come racks, cheery, that was too, don't rab it in. I've got a story.
Speaker 2: We should go. It's been a pleasure, a really great show. We will see you next week for Yeah, we should actually go. We should go. I've got to do my night show. Well, a lovely great show. We'll see you see you then.
Speaker 4: All right, thanks guys, we'll catch you saying bye bye bye. I'm new recording, so just go like bye bye, all right, bye see you. I'm not editing in the music. You have to play the music, no, because we.
Speaker 2: Kind of end. Do you play music at the end. I don't even think I've ever gotten this far of our own show, to be honest.
Speaker 4: Alright, bye bye, guys, stayed it up, good boy,