Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Over the next three days, you have control of the billboards of Melbourne. We have one hundred and thirty six billboards to give to you today, tomorrow and Sunday as well.
Speaker 3: Christian, what about today? Good luck?
Speaker 2: Far Jack Jenkins in UFC two eighty four in Perth this weekend. Ten years to get is making is his debut in the US. Very very exciting. Good or to Volkanovski as well. I spoke to far Jack's mum yesterday. There's one hundred and sixty of them flying over to Perth friends, and yeah, that is amazing.
Speaker 4: I would have cost in a million dollars.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, imagine that. Yeah, so yeah, really really good luck and I hope your boy does well as well.
Speaker 3: Joe. All right, so what do you want on the billboards? Marina? Good morning?
Speaker 5: Good morning, Christians.
Speaker 3: Good morning Marina. What would you love to say up there?
Speaker 5: Well, look, I've got a say guilt of shine, we'kally well for me, So I would like.
Speaker 6: A billboard that shouted to my son Harry reply to your mother's text.
Speaker 3: I love this.
Speaker 2: It makes me want to just check my phone that I replied to my mom does everyone else getting that?
Speaker 3: Mama aks, So you don't upset Mum.
Speaker 4: You could go into anybody's part and go to the last visage to their mom, and there'll be a question waiting to be answered.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly.
Speaker 5: I think he would reply to an uber rating quickly.
Speaker 3: Heart break into how old is Harry twenty three? Twenty three? He is? An answer is.
Speaker 5: Sometimes going on sixteen? I think the twenty three?
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, hear all right, Marina, it might be you. Let's go to die here, Good morning, die.
Speaker 6: Good morning, Happy Friday.
Speaker 2: Happy Friday. What would you love on the billboards?
Speaker 6: I would love to put on the billboard Reading Cinemas, please hire my son? Thanks broke Mama.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you said in your boy out to work? How old is he?
Speaker 6: He's seventeen. He needs to get his first job. And I know he'd really love to work at the cinemas because he loves movies and he has applied there before but just hasn't heard anything back from them.
Speaker 3: So you want to use this to try and nudge Reading Cinemas to give him a job.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, it's not what you know too, you know.
Speaker 4: Do you want to localize it?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 4: Which wedding cinemas you are, Yeah.
Speaker 6: Oh, Turnside Park, that's our close. I'd say he's applied previously.
Speaker 2: Shout out Churnside Park high and what's your lad's name?
Speaker 6: His name's Dominic. He isn't bought some kids, and he would love it there. He would work very hard, he could pay board.
Speaker 3: Spoken like a true motherly always say that about that kid in a way.
Speaker 4: We're riding his resume up the billboard. What like, what else should we put on? There were previous experience hobbies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hobbies and interests, qualification certificates.
Speaker 6: Watching movies, movies those he say.
Speaker 4: When you're a kid and you're writing your first resume, you've got no prevy experience, so you have to fill.
Speaker 2: It up with you always make out like you do so much for the community.
Speaker 3: As well as lawn. I put that on there once.
Speaker 6: I haven't had enough time getting to my my lord all right, he wants to be a filmmaker, so it would be a perfect job for you.
Speaker 3: This is so great to hear about. Do you know what?
Speaker 2: So often when you go to simmers, they're just teenagers who are boared working there.
Speaker 4: I mean you used to work seventeen years old. I worked at Hoyts Cinema.
Speaker 2: So if you've got someone who's genuinely interesting, surely they're going to be a bit more of a good energy to be around.
Speaker 3: All right, let's let's put up an advert for your son. Then let's do this. Does he know we're doing this?
Speaker 6: By the way, I did mention to it earlier, so I just thought I won't make false promises. See what happens. But yes, he would be absolutely delighted.
Speaker 3: All right, helped him.
Speaker 6: Get a job.
Speaker 4: All right, let's do it, reading Cinema Churnside Park.
Speaker 6: Please hire my son.
Speaker 3: Please I make it personal.
Speaker 2: Please hire my son. Do you mind if I just call him Dom for the sake of wording on the poster.
Speaker 6: Yep, that's fine. That's what he calls himself as well.
Speaker 4: And then he loves movies.
Speaker 6: He loves movies.
Speaker 3: What about this guy loves movies? Like get Dom. I'm with Dom. Start that hashtag this guy loves movies. Yes, all right, read it back, Jackie boy.
Speaker 4: Reading Cinema's Churnside Park. Please hire my son Dom.
Speaker 3: Sorry, no, it's how you work in a call center. I get these people from.
Speaker 4: Please hire my son Dom. This guy loves me.
Speaker 2: This guy loves movies, and then we'll put our phone number.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, we'll get that up there a SAP.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much. The Christian O'Connell show podcast tay here.
Speaker 2: We've asked you what would you like to sound a billboard and then we put it up live during the show to over one hundred billboards. Thank you very much. I've been so emails, so many emails, so we haven't been able to apply to Thank you very much. Some of you shared some really intimate stuff about what you'd love up there and why. I'm sorry that we couldn't get to all of them, but hopefully enjoyed listening to the ones.
Speaker 3: We did get to.
Speaker 2: So over the next three days, lots of people are going to be seeing these amazing messages. So let's talk about first of all, then let's talk about tomorrow.
Speaker 4: All day Saturday, Mitch's billboard will be live. Dear chefs of Melbourne, no chips under our parmers.
Speaker 3: I like this.
Speaker 2: It's a powerful begging a plea, isn't it, to the chefs of something that we can all get behind.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no more soggy chips please.
Speaker 4: Then to Sunday.
Speaker 2: This is like your old lost connections. Was the thing you used to call it in the.
Speaker 4: Melbourne misconnections or the one in MX was he's looking at you?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So the man in the high viz at several polling booth last election we shared a moment, call me Julie, and then I actually put at the bottom called Christian brackets. He'll call Julie nine four one four three.
Speaker 2: Now did any of us know about this? I knew you were going quiet over there. He also went, we haven't got room on there. But he also had glasses that he got out at some moment when they're having a little bit of chit.
Speaker 4: Chat starting to write a story.
Speaker 3: It's huge, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Can we spread it out over a couple of billboards, all one hundred and thirty six in installments, and then the current billboard today came from a lovely woman we spoke to earlier.
Speaker 3: Die.
Speaker 2: It was a message for her employee. Well, she wants to find her seventeen year old son Dom a job. Movie man wants to make movies, needs to get his first job.
Speaker 3: So the billboard said.
Speaker 4: Reading Cinema Churnside Park, please hire my son Dom. This guy loves movies.
Speaker 2: It's very direct play love this this is wrong. Hey die hey, Now, we only spoke to you about an hour and a half ago. Hopefully, hopefully it's worked. We have someone on the line now who needs to speak to you.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Mark, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 5: How are you today?
Speaker 3: I'm good Mark and Mark. What do you do for a living? What do you do, sir?
Speaker 1: I'm director of cinema operations for Reading Cinemas.
Speaker 3: Get in and he's gone to the main man dying.
Speaker 5: Hi, hi, die, hi you, I'm good, Thank you.
Speaker 1: You're going to hire my kid?
Speaker 5: Know what? Look, I tell you what looking from CBC, who are great friends of Reading Cinemas. He got ahold of us this morning because he saw one of the billboards. He gave me a call and said to me, you've got to hire this guy.
Speaker 3: So story, you've got to put this kid in the picture.
Speaker 5: A great to come. I mean, we've got a man opening next week and incre three, so.
Speaker 3: Always great. So you're going to take him on.
Speaker 1: We're going to give him a trial, Christian.
Speaker 5: If you can roll, if he can roll the chop pop and pop some popcorn, he's got a job.
Speaker 2: That's it great, awesome, that's really kind of you. Mark, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: You're welcome and I will be in touch all right.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: I love Yeah. He means you've got to work there too next weekend, guys, Get ready for that. Man die. This is great news. Well done forgive us a call.
Speaker 6: I'm repped.
Speaker 5: I can't wait to tell my son. He will be absolutely thrill awesome.
Speaker 3: I have a lovely weekend. Thanks you calling you.
Speaker 5: Thanks so much.
Speaker 3: I've just realized that's the only one that's gone well, no one's ever said thank you. Yeah, that's kind of all right doing that. We finally did it, guys.
Speaker 1: Christian Connell's Show podcast