Speaker 1: Do you know what time of year it is.
Speaker 2: It is the time of year when the new mass contestants are all getting leaked.
Speaker 1: Oh you care so much more about this than I do. I hate it? Do you hate it? I couldn't care? Let why? I just that's not a show I've ever cared for. It seems so toxic. It is, it's disgusting.
Speaker 2: But there's something about it that every year, every January, when it's on the screens, I get sucked into the maths of Aughtex. But it kind of starts this time of year because this is when like all the media publications are releasing they're releasing pat photos or snapshots and you're getting a bit of an understanding of who the cast is going to be. Yeah, right, Okay, So there's one person who I think is an interesting choice, and that's because it's somebody who we've seen on our screens before. Now, if you watched Jimmy's season of The Bachelor, Jimmy and Holly, they're no ow beautiful couple, they're having a baby. There was a real standout from that season and her name was Sierra Swepton.
Speaker 1: Have listened to this thing.
Speaker 2: That Jimmy wasn't into tall, horny bogans. I think any guy be lucky to have been Jimmy couldn't see that.
Speaker 1: That's a hymn problem.
Speaker 3: Like it's just fun.
Speaker 1: Is she wasted? I'm pretty sure she did the entire season drunk. But Sierra was so funny.
Speaker 2: Like for me, she is the person that I remember from that entire series, Like she was absolutely hilarious. She was so good at the little soundbitees TV goal produces dream But it's just come out that she has been cast as one of the brides on the new season of Maths. Now, everybody always gets up in arms because they were always.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, pick someone new, gets a new talent.
Speaker 2: But my question to you is, how do you feel about how so many reality TV series, especially relationship shows like Maths or The Bachelor, recycle old reality TV contestants and talent.
Speaker 1: Well, they don't do it that often, do they. Well, it's happened again recently, so I don't know if you guys have seen as well. F Boy Island.
Speaker 2: The cast has just been released and there's a woman on that. Her name is Crystal Thomas. Now, she was also on the Bachelor a couple of seasons ago. On the very first season when it had the three guys as the three separate bachelors.
Speaker 1: So I think it happens more often than you realize.
Speaker 3: Well, if anything, there might be part of it that's like, look doubling down that these people are still looking for love, Like the reality shows they're going on are to find a partner. So there's that, But also it probably benefits the contestant because they know the ins and the outs, they know how the producers work, they know what the producers are after, so they're like, I think they're one step ahead of the game.
Speaker 4: But do you think it's changed now like in your days people would go on the shows full love? Is it different?
Speaker 2: I think people have an issue with reality TV people jumping franchise. Like if you're a bachelor, you can go on Batch in Paradise, you can do multiple shows. But I think people have an issue with it. Say, if you do Farmer Wants a Wife, then you go and do Maths because people see it as though you're just clawing for insta fame. I mean, I think it's interesting your point, Britt. It's like, well, they really maybe do want to find love because they're going on all these shows but I also look at it from the perspective producers.
Speaker 1: At least you know you're getting a sure thing.
Speaker 2: At least you know that that person creates good content and they're going to.
Speaker 1: Make a good show out of it. They're funny and they're going to be entertaining.
Speaker 3: But I think that's where the public's problem comes with, right, They're like, we get that you're trying to make a drum show, but we want to see the happy ending. So I think that's the problem from the public, like give us every day Joe Blow that wants to go and find love. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think the difference is when it's characters like do you remember Nasa from that original season so toxic a human cockroach?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he really is the worst.
Speaker 2: I mean some people might remember, but he's still trolling around on social media like he's a pest.
Speaker 4: He's a serial. He wants to go on all the shows, right, and he wants to jump across shows. He's always calling radio stations gross. But someone like this contestant, who is genuinely loved and fun and real so funny, I think that's where it works because she's people love watching her.
Speaker 1: I don't care where she goes, I'll watch her. She's so funny. I look.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know I'm a bit of a diehard for mass and I really enjoy it. But when you have people like this who are on the shows, they make it so much more entertaining. I just hope she doesn't get screwed over.
Speaker 1: And who does she want to see?
Speaker 3: A Toolhogan who has chlamydia had lavidia?
Speaker 1: Like this show? Hate listen?
Speaker 4: If you want five hundred dollars to spend for the weekend at chemist whare House, where your show to listen to in the next fifteen minutes, we're giving it away. Fifteen minutes away from five hundred bucks to spend at chemist sweare House after this on the pickup