Speaker 1: She's on The Money Radio Show.
Speaker 2: With Victoria Divine starts now, Hello and welcome. So that she's on the Money Radio Show podcast, the podcast for millennials who want financial freedom.
Speaker 1: It's the radio show for millennials who want financial.
Speaker 3: Can I also say, I'm gen Z.
Speaker 1: You're not gen Z. You're not, though, Victoria, why do you look fifty?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 1: Es?
Speaker 3: You do you need a touch up?
Speaker 1: Botox? Touch up?
Speaker 3: I got a quote. I've sound like a Mazda three that's been hit by a car. But I got a quote for Botox.
Speaker 1: How much was it?
Speaker 3: It was baby botos. It's fifty nine dollars for perk crow's foot and then one hundred and fifty nine I think for the forehead.
Speaker 1: Oh that's pretty good. That's not bad.
Speaker 5: Let's actually talk about money stuff though, because this isn't like she's on the skincare.
Speaker 6: That would be a very good podcast.
Speaker 5: I would shout that I'm going to heat up Dolly Foster Blake and ask her if she's interested.
Speaker 1: It could be the go to podcast.
Speaker 2: Not wow, oh my god, a second, you're on fire today, mate.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'm going to see myself out. What's happened to you?
Speaker 3: Mate? Are you know. I was going to say, you're in a fighting move. Yeah, feisty.
Speaker 7: I want to go.
Speaker 2: I want to go serious question though, Mitch, what you're like twenty one twenty two?
Speaker 6: What is happening?
Speaker 4: Mate?
Speaker 3: Talks? I'm twenty six and it's my birthday in a couple of weeks your birthday?
Speaker 1: Or do I have to call your mum and.
Speaker 3: Ask you have to go through mum? The bicycle?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: I want something from your little.
Speaker 1: Trip you What would you like? What would you like?
Speaker 3: I do love skincare, so I love something skincare.
Speaker 1: You want some skincare?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: The moisturizer?
Speaker 6: Or why are you talking like that?
Speaker 3: Mate?
Speaker 6: Stop being so creepy.
Speaker 3: That sounds heavy. I really love something, Do you not me? I'm talking of some sort of creep on myself?
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, boyster man.
Speaker 3: Maybe an ointment, maybe some sort of I just.
Speaker 1: Want to ask Sarah.
Speaker 2: You should ask his ma, which is a little throwback to the ships on the Money Radio show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll ask you, mate.
Speaker 3: Should I just say something though? I've had a couple of dms and guys. I want you to DM Victoria traveling on all socials. I want you to send us people as finding their marketplace and gum Tree.
Speaker 1: Forest, send me your marketplace.
Speaker 3: Send them to me at Mitch Turi, at Roebuck and at Victoria Devine. We all want them in the dms, don't we, Guys.
Speaker 1: No, we actually do. I feel like you've given it away.
Speaker 5: You mentioned before that I'm going on a trip, and I've been really strategic on the She's on the Money podcast to pre record things so that it doesn't look like I'm on holiday. But I've got it's not really a holiday. We're going over to America to go to FINCN, which is a finance Content Creators conference, which to me sounds really exciting to everybody else.
Speaker 1: Not so much.
Speaker 3: That's so cool.
Speaker 1: Thank you for your enthusiasm.
Speaker 6: Speaking of finances and all things finance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's do the show.
Speaker 6: Let's do the show. We are going to tell you somebody spent forty million.
Speaker 1: Dollars on a Father's Day press, a.
Speaker 2: Father's Day present. What is happening with that? That's the kind of thing.
Speaker 5: Please go, let's go to the show because he's already tapped out.
Speaker 1: Definitely noted.
Speaker 2: You sound like a bloody t rex over there, mate, which is another throwback to the show. Let's start the She's on the Money radio show right now.
Speaker 6: Tomorrow. Guys, Father's Victoria.
Speaker 2: You were telling us before you bought your dad what three four pairs of socks, and it's actually lying.
Speaker 5: You haven't no, no, no, I didn't get him socks. But I also know he listens to this show high down the Few. My name is Eric, Yeah, yeah, Eric divine. It's Father's Day tomorrow. I'm not going to ruin his present, are you joking? But socks is definitely something he would ask for. He's also good at asking for new Polo T shirts and like nice white T shirts. And I feel like that's a solid present because white T shirts, over a period of time they go a bit yellow, they like stretch out a bit. They don't look as Chris. Get you down a white T shirt always, always, Victoria, I'm boring.
Speaker 3: It's so boring.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to tell you this. I am a white woman in my thirties. What were you expecting in good Point?
Speaker 3: And you know what, Yeah, every since adding you on be real, it's become more and more evident. It's just his white life, all right.
Speaker 2: But from boring Victoria to vine A celebrity has gone the actual opposite end of the scummige.
Speaker 3: Get this right. Beyonce has gifted her husband jay Z. They've been married ages now, the ultimate Father's Day gift, that's what they're calling him.
Speaker 1: But I don't know if it's the ultimate.
Speaker 3: Get this. She got him a Bombardier Challenger eight point fifty private. That's a point for the short price of forty million dollars.
Speaker 6: That's actually not too bad for it.
Speaker 5: What do you mean not? Okay, I'm not rich like you, Trav. I don't know how much jets usually costs.
Speaker 3: What's the medium price, trav?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: What did you pay for yours?
Speaker 6: Traut through fifty?
Speaker 3: No, I'm thinking of gym membership.
Speaker 2: Because I'm thinking about, like, if you're going to say a jet in context of things, I'm thinking a couple of hundred MILLI at least. But I mean, when we look back and think it's a Father's Day gift, that is a little bit extravagant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, here's the thing. A jet for a birthday? Yeah, checks out big one, twenty first, fifty sixtieth. I get it maybe for an anniversary, but for Father's Day. No, this jet holds fifteen passengers. It comes with only fifteen fifteen cream leather interior, kitchen, two bathrooms. Apparently Beyonce said this she thought it would be the perfect way to show jay Z how much of a great daddy is. Yeah, here's a plane. You're a great father.
Speaker 2: I don't get it, Beyonce, why do you hate the rest of us? Like, why do you want to make us look like trash?
Speaker 6: That's all Each.
Speaker 1: Seat on that plane's worth two point six meal?
Speaker 6: Victoria?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's what do you reckon? Victoria? I love that you do the quick math. What's a good budget to work with.
Speaker 1: For buying a plane?
Speaker 3: No, no, we'll talk off the air about that.
Speaker 1: I just reckon fifty bucks. End of story.
Speaker 5: But also you could say things like my presence is your present if you forgot, or you're a tighter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we don't use that word around here.
Speaker 5: I actually do you know? Going back to the Beyonce thing, why do they have to tell everyone they did that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's it now.
Speaker 3: It was his first Father's Day. This was a couple of years ago. So this is when they first haven.
Speaker 1: And this is all you've got.
Speaker 6: This smells them classic.
Speaker 1: This smells a classic mistery not putting.
Speaker 3: After lit lines thirteen one, six five. I want to know what did you spend a fortune on for Father's Day that flopped? I want backfired stories. I want he hated it. I want Dad hasn't spoken to you since I want it's no longer my dad. I emancipated myself. I want the drama.
Speaker 5: We should do this on Mother's Day too, when it happens, because I reckon, there are a lot of mums out there that are like, yeah, I got a nining board.
Speaker 1: No no, now I'm in jail for murder.
Speaker 2: You can literally make a macaroni card as I did three years ago, and I am a fully grown adult male, and she will love the ef hell out of it, exactly. It's thet all right, fern six five. We want to know what did you buy for your dad? Doesn't have to be this year. Why was such a train wreck? And how much did you spend on it? Father's Day tomorrow, let's do this.
Speaker 6: It's bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Annoyingly, Beyonce bought jay Z a forty million dollar jet for Father's Day.
Speaker 6: Now that's a pretty good gift. Victoria.
Speaker 2: You're not going to tell us what you bought your dad Eric Divine for Father's Day. I'm just going to say I bought my dad pistol, Pete Roebucks, something he is absolutely going to love, Loki Flex.
Speaker 6: What about you, Mitt Jury? What did you buy your dad?
Speaker 3: Mark Jury? Happy Father's Day? Mark? Love you mate. I go through a third party, So I go through its mum.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the third party.
Speaker 3: They're so good and I just give them a call and they go, this is what they want. They already know for some reason. They go out and then I transferred my mom fifty bucks. It's all set.
Speaker 1: Then, thank you man. That's so good. You don't even need an EA because you've got one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, your mom may.
Speaker 2: Because you know, when you don't go through your mom, there is a huge chance it is going to absolutely flop, that they're going to hate it. It's going to be something that they don't want. It's probably going to be a disaster. So that's what we want to hear from you right now. On thirty one oh six five, what did you buy your dad? You thought he was going to love, but absolutely flop?
Speaker 6: Mick? What happened to you? I?
Speaker 4: Well, it shouldn't have fopped. I was pretty confident. I'm gonna be honest going into this. So I spoke to my mum, do you know what your old man has always wanted to go skydiving?
Speaker 1: And I said, well, I'm a good present.
Speaker 4: I'm not doing that. I was convinced to it, so I said, that's it. We're going to do it. We're going to do it properly. So I found the place. I went and got the full package. So you've got go pros and photos spent over a k. So I rolled up with him. Were so excited. He couldn't believe it. It was a surprise. So we went up. I said, look, I'll go out first.
Speaker 1: I don't know how this is going to go badly. This feels really hot.
Speaker 3: Can I just say it opens?
Speaker 6: Is he still alive? That's just what I want to preface.
Speaker 4: This opens, all right? So I go at first. Did it come down? Parachute opens? I hit the ground, I don't know ten fifteen seconds before turn around to look at him, and I'm so excited, so I'm just like, get it off so I can run up and get him my heart. And as he's coming down and you can hit the boy yelling who manages to get his league tangled up, hits the ground. My oh, that looks a bed. Can't get up. We've got to get I'm tagging the hospital. He's broken his fame.
Speaker 5: No happy Father's Day, Dada, broke your.
Speaker 4: Leg exactly, so I've managed to shout out over at Kay and break a major bones. Since then, it's been socks and jocks and nothing else.
Speaker 1: Go back to the white T shirt.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, though, those socks are a lot bigger because of his broken leg.
Speaker 3: Anyway, traps the body still. Thanks Mick Mix the storyteller, I reckon he doesn't written down to picture to foxtail. He wants to get a mini series the first.
Speaker 6: Time he's told that story, I'll give you the heart.
Speaker 2: And he's given us a call on thirty twenty six five about her Father's Day present that was a flop.
Speaker 3: Talk to us, Annie, Hey, Annie.
Speaker 4: Ye Hi?
Speaker 3: Anny?
Speaker 1: Are you okay?
Speaker 4: Are you hi?
Speaker 1: How are you good?
Speaker 3: Great?
Speaker 6: Tell us your story any what happened?
Speaker 7: Well, my father in law and my husband are very competitive golfers, and we thought they deserved to treat so we decided to send them on this very exclusive little golf weekend away. Flights included accommodation, a beautiful golf club. But when they bought it the plane, the stewardess asked, who's a bit of golfer, and it was all on. They ended up having a big fight and ended up having quite a few too many drinks by the end of the golf day. My husband had one, but my father in law, being a little bit slightful and very very jealous, decided that he would not wake up my husband the next morning. He was in charge of getting them up for breakfast and everything. He caught the flight back on his own on the exclusive little light aircraft, and my husband had to make his play to the airport and just jump on a regular plane back.
Speaker 5: Imagine being that salty that you literally wake up the next day and you're like, you're not coming.
Speaker 1: You know, it would have been.
Speaker 5: Way worse if it was your dad and your husband like that could have ended in tears.
Speaker 1: I don't know they knew what they were up to.
Speaker 2: Hey, if you've got yourself a little bit of a money dilemma, you need some advice, you can hit us up anytime you want. Just search She's on the money on socials, just like Eloise has done this week.
Speaker 1: Nitch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, property buyers agents. I don't know what they are. Apparently like you go through a company to buy a property, right, that's.
Speaker 2: That's actually how it works, complicated.
Speaker 3: And what they'll do is they'll buy it and they buy property and their agents and that's all I know so far. But I can't.
Speaker 1: Believe how intelligent you are, honestly, turn out on your own.
Speaker 3: This is She's on the Money radio show right now.
Speaker 6: Let's do this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, each week we'll bring someone's financial story on air. We do it literally every seven days, and we get Victoria's take on what they should do. So, ELOUI sent us this message on that she's on the Money Facebook group. And if you're not part of that community.
Speaker 1: On Facebook group, oh, it's you know.
Speaker 3: What its like out there when I'm a bit lonely, I've got no finance questions. Anyone's seen the full moon.
Speaker 5: Will literally comment and then be like, we're so proud of you for seeing the full moon.
Speaker 3: Meet I'm well done, thank you, Eloise, She says, Hi, guys, v I've saved hardcore for two years for a home loan deposit uximately twenty five to thirty K by the end of the year. If I have this sizeable deposit and I want to use a buyer's advocate because I'm not confident in the buying process and have nobody to lean on close to me for guidance, what I need to have more money put aside for this server? So I mean she wants to know what to buya's advocates normally cost and are they worth looking into and why? And also what are they I want to know?
Speaker 5: So yes, you would need to put some extra cash aside. So summary of all of.
Speaker 1: That, let's step back.
Speaker 5: A buyas advocate is somebody who helps you purchase your home. So it could be somebody who is a property strategist and they're helping you buy the right investment property because maybe you're not investment property expert and you're like, I just have the deposit, I just know what I want the outcome to look like, and they make sure that it aligns to your goals and value use. I personally used Amylenardi, who is the co host of the Property Playbook podcast if you guys are keen on learning more about bias advocacy, but I used her to purchase our first home when we bought and she ended up finding us an off market property that put us in a pretty good position and was something that, you know, really aligned to what we're looking for at a price that we really loved.
Speaker 3: So what she'll go on hunt for? So you say, I kind of want these couple of bedrooms, this would be nice in the backyard, you know, the skin tanning booth, and they go and find.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the turning booth was really important.
Speaker 5: To be honest, It's a different process for every single person, right, It's a bit like financial advice in that it's personal. It was a really good process for Steve and I because when we sat down and looked at it, we actually hadn't talked enough about the semantics and the non negotiable things in the house and then the things that would be.
Speaker 1: Nice to have. So it was good to have a bit more clarity. It was good to have direction.
Speaker 5: But the things she opened up for us was off market properties basically, so properties that weren't listed on domain dot com or real estate dot com that she could bring us because she had so many relationships with different real estates around the areas that we wanted to purchase.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've actually had a few friends who have been buying in the past twelve months, and the amounts of those people who have got off property stuff is crazy. That's where it's at.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's where it's at because they usually move quicker. You don't have to go through the full auction process with an off market and essentially an off market property just means it's not listed anywhere online, like the property is technically for sale, but they could be a plethora of different reasons it's not on domain dot com.
Speaker 3: Wait, so do they door knock Victoria Like?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 5: Sometimes Like sometimes I've seen clients of mine literally go, I really want to live on this particular street in this area. They either door knock or they might put a letter under the door being like, hey, you know, my name's Trav and I really want to live in this area. Maybe a little happy story that you grew up in a local area and if you're considering like selling, this is my budget.
Speaker 1: Would love to talk.
Speaker 5: It's not uncommon, and I think a lot of people don't realize it's an option. I mean, you could do those things yourself, but a buya's advocate kind of takes it to the next level.
Speaker 3: How much does she have to put a side for the service, So.
Speaker 1: It really depends on who you're going with and that level of service.
Speaker 5: Right, So if you're going the whole hog and you want them to do absolutely everything, including the negotiation and all the legals and you know, making sure that you get the loan that you need, that's obviously going to be far more expensive than a leaner service. So in Australia, a buyers advocacy probably sits anywhere between five and fifteen thousand dollars as a flat fee. I do get a little bit wary, and this is probably a spicy opinion and some people listening are probably not going to be happy with me, but I am very wary of buyers advocates that are based on a purchase price, so they get a percentage of what or a commission of what you buy for, because I don't feel like they're working in the best interest of you because obviously the more money you spend, the more commission they get, so obviously the more expensive, the better for them.
Speaker 1: So I don't particularly like that. I love a flat fee. Most of them will have an upfront pain that you make.
Speaker 5: It might be like fifty percent now like pay two and a half grand now and then once you buy the property and sign the contract, you owe the other half.
Speaker 1: That's great, but lots of semantics.
Speaker 5: But tld are anywhere between five and fifteen thousand dollars, and I would steer clear of people who are commission based.
Speaker 2: Great advice as always, Victoria Devine. All right, if you've got a question, just hit us up anytime search. She's on the money on our socials. It's time to do this sper Save Saturday. Yeah, every week, Victoria, you give us some sneaky little tips, you little sneak about how to keep more bucks in our bank account.
Speaker 5: You know how much pressure this is every single week. I'm like hunting for super saver a Saturday tips. So if you've got some, dm them to me so I can use them on the show. Because less work is better wor.
Speaker 6: It's smarter, not harder. That's our mantre here.
Speaker 1: But this week I had to do it myself, which is a joke, but I mean good. They're good. I promise like you.
Speaker 6: Get paid for it, mate, and that's what you get paid to do.
Speaker 1: So okay, sorry, sorry, sorry, Well what do you got for us? All right?
Speaker 5: So my first tip guys on the twenty eighth of septeen, the national petrol price tax cut is going to end. Yeah, I know, I mean petrol is still expensive, but it's going to get more expensive. So my hot tip this week is to fill up your tanks before then, and do it a day or two prior, because I reckon the queues are going to be massive.
Speaker 2: My dad used to fill up little drums of petrol and have them in our back room, so we literally have stats.
Speaker 1: Of a genius. That's really safe? Is that way your house?
Speaker 3: That chet?
Speaker 6: It's starting to actually make a lot of sense in a number of areas.
Speaker 5: Does anybody actually even need to buy petrol for anything other than their car these days? I remember my dad used to get it for the lawnmower, But now my lawnmower charges up with that Ryobi battery pack that just keeps going and going.
Speaker 6: Here in boats all right, mate, Oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're not really.
Speaker 5: He's trav knowing the cost of private jets and me each and his boat in here. I am being like, you know what would be really handy one of those lime scooters.
Speaker 6: So we're filling up before September twenty eight?
Speaker 5: What else we got, mister Anthony Albanizi, who happens to be our Prime Minister at this point in time. He has just announced that there is free Tafe in twenty twenty three.
Speaker 6: What a money win dress good galore.
Speaker 5: The fact that it's now free is going to open so many doors for so many people who maybe we're questioning it before and not sure.
Speaker 1: So I love this.
Speaker 6: Hey, Mitch, what do you got for us?
Speaker 1: Mates?
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a little one that I use all the time, retail me Not. Have you guys heard of retail me Not?
Speaker 1: I have. My mom told me about this.
Speaker 3: I love it. It's a coupon website. It's when you got to check out and I always see.
Speaker 1: This you being sponsored.
Speaker 3: I seriously like, I'm not being paid by them. You use retail me Not and they give you coupon codes and you save five ten percent, maybe a free little gift with purchase. It's my favorite thing to do when I'm shopping online.
Speaker 5: Retail you Like, that's really good, because do you know what you can do with retail me Not.
Speaker 1: We've spoken on this show before about shot.
Speaker 5: Back, which is essentially an app that gives you cash back on your purchasers and there's like a chrome extension that you can just in so it's super easy. But you can double up because if there's a coupon code, you can use the coupon code and you can use the shop back code and get a double money win.
Speaker 6: Coupon coming bacception.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like it.
Speaker 3: Quickly you have one. Jo always brings one. It's always terrible, but quickly to end the show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, but we let him be included me exactly.
Speaker 6: It's a sliding scale.
Speaker 2: Well, us speaking about career changes before Victoria is where it's at because the government is going to be footing our help debt for twenty twenty three and twenty twenty four to study in nursing and midwiffery.
Speaker 6: So that is where it's at.
Speaker 3: Get a whiff of that heart. That is very exciting.
Speaker 1: See I've seen this in the news all this week.
Speaker 6: Here we go.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm sorry, it's a good like it sounds sick.
Speaker 5: Right, here's your slapebox, divine yea. All right, so thank you. Let me step up and then we'll start. There's a few things with this, right, what about the students that are already studying, So it's for the next ten thousand people who kind of sign up. From my perspective, I genuinely think it should be the next ten thousand people to graduate, not the next ten thousand people to go into it. But then, also, if you've got all this cash that you're able to subsidize people's help debts with, Please don't get me wrong, frontline workers absolutely deserve this. But could we just pay nurses more to do their jobs instead.
Speaker 1: Of forgiving their help debt?
Speaker 5: Because I guarantee if I sat down and said, two nurses, you can get paid more per hour for what you do and be remunerated even better or have no help debt, they're gonna say that they want to be paid more per hour because a help debt doesn't incur any interest. So it's alone that if they're not working, they don't have to pay back. I've got a lot to say about frontline workers and first responders and people who you know, especially over the last three years, have had it pretty tough.
Speaker 1: If we've learned.
Speaker 5: Anything over the last three years, it's that we need them. Whyn't we paying them properly?
Speaker 3: Yeah, now I'm with you.
Speaker 1: It's a good idea in theory.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, you've done way too much work for this Super Savis Saturday. So our She's on the Money community. If you have a sneaky tip you want to submit, just search. She's on the Money on socials. We got to get out of here, though, we being you and I, Victoria.
Speaker 6: No you, Mitch.
Speaker 2: You're sticking around for the Life on Cut with Britt Hockley and Laura durn Right, Laura durn from.
Speaker 5: Laura durn from Cut up Your Life a second a second?
Speaker 2: So the Life on Cut show coming up next, Mitch Jerry.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, and with who Trap Lauren n and Britt Hockley Brittany show coming up next, and me the Velociraptor. Yes, you guys, go enjoy your branch and I'll see you next week.
Speaker 6: See It Blue,