Speaker 1: Quest. Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian, I'm on the train listen to the show this morning, and the song that reminds me is John Denver and Acido Domingo. Not heard of this song John Denver, I a quite a few of John song. Didn't know he did a collab with Placido Domingo. And I've certainly never heard of the song. Perhaps love now, I've never had the word perhaps perhaps in front of love.
Speaker 3: You don't see that greeting card to you? Perhaps love you interested?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Love?
Speaker 4: Possibly?
Speaker 2: Perhaps love will have to dig that out, Matt, thank you very much for that.
Speaker 3: Shania Twain. From this moment, Emily, this is the song is my parents' wedding song.
Speaker 5: It's funny that was our wedding song as well.
Speaker 4: From this moment, I didn't know this as your your wedding song.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I think I wrote that about their parents and their love with each other. I remember, was this your first dance or what you came down?
Speaker 2: I'm first danced?
Speaker 3: No, Brian Adams, No, Bryan Adams.
Speaker 2: N it's a class.
Speaker 5: You're a fair than that.
Speaker 3: Christ He's so later on the evening. Yeah, ready, who got here? Lianne? Good morning Leanne. What's the song that reminds you of mom? And Dad?
Speaker 5: Good morning guys. So the song that reminds me of my mum is Nutbush City Limits.
Speaker 3: Great tune. Mom would get up and do the nubbush.
Speaker 5: When it came on every barbecue, every everywhere, every club.
Speaker 6: She she's she passed away just over twenty one years ago, and every week you take when I die, please play Nutbushy Limits at the church.
Speaker 5: I said, Mom, you can't. She said, I will, and you will otherwise I'll come back to won't.
Speaker 3: You should be doing it. They should be doing a ghostly Nutbush.
Speaker 5: She was actually quite a lot younger than her five other siblings, as she was adopted, so they were quite elderly when she passed away at fifty nine. So here I'm in the church with all these old people, and yes that, but then to follow up nicely, we played what a Wonderful World, which sort of you know, pacified them a little bit.
Speaker 7: But yeah, and then we had as well something for everybody like a funeral DJ and I think you oldies at the bank know this one.
Speaker 3: Play it. Yeah, that's a lovely story. Thank you. Very much for sharing you with us today.
Speaker 2: Amanda, Good morning, Amanda. What's the song that reminds you of mum or dad?
Speaker 1: Good morning? It's Dix's Midnight Runners Come On Ali a song So Mom, Yeah, my mom, her name was Eileen, and at every single family event they were play it and she would get up and dance. She secretly hated it, but it was also the song that my dad would only dance with her, so it became their song, so he would only ever dance to that song as well, so he used to get up as well. So although she claims she hated it, she really loved it because that's when dad danced with hers.
Speaker 3: Oh that's lovely. This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast