Speaker 1: Old brown hot old ladies. Ladies, that's it.
Speaker 2: Michelle the Witch of Moon's Lane and Moira Major, How a Witch Bitch.
Speaker 1: Welcome to another episode of How the Witch Bitch. Michelle the Witch of Moon's Lane.
Speaker 3: Here, Hello, Dunning, How are you.
Speaker 4: Right? Today?
Speaker 1: We're talking about and I hope I'm going to pronounce this right?
Speaker 4: Hecker? Where's the g.
Speaker 2: Some some say hegate? Yeah, heger t. I know, just spend them where you are. It's h E c A T and some people spell it h E k A t.
Speaker 1: E Okay here k okay. And who is this particular person?
Speaker 2: So this particular goddess is a goddess that she is a goddess of crossroads. So she is here. So she as you can see, she's got two lambs. She also usually is traveling with two black dogs.
Speaker 4: Oh cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so she always comes at crossroads.
Speaker 2: So if you think about someone that's in depression and things like that, she comes to them and crossroads of when they're making decisions.
Speaker 3: Which is interesting that she has.
Speaker 2: The black dog because then you think about the Black Dog Institute.
Speaker 3: That's how they describe the depression. Yeah, so we'll talk about her.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're going to get into her, which is very cool. On Taka Too, My Goshoe, Oh goodness, Hello to Zoe Lady j twenty eight Havoc's Lady, I had to put a name.
Speaker 4: Oh that's hilarious.
Speaker 1: That's their name is I had to put a name Troy to b and also on Instagram Sherry's Dickinson, Shannon Valence, and Diana Marketta. Now, the episode about you showing off with your pig Latin was well received.
Speaker 4: Apparently it's very educational. That's definitely a joke. Absolutely, don't.
Speaker 2: I had an old school friend reach out and she said I could never do that, and she said I always used to, you know, feel silly because you guys. Because I had another school friend reach out and say, yeah, I remember when we used to do it. And I had another one said I just used to pretend on you what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: That's so funny. I love it. You can also hit us up on Spotify as well.
Speaker 1: There's an English pagan witch who's hit us up, which is good. The may pole is often known as representation of male and female energies coming together. As the pole is thrust into the earth. The ribbons can represent different things. And be woven into a spell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why always spoke about the may pole in episode Oh god, there's been something too two? I think two or three. You want to go back and have a listen.
Speaker 1: Also, Veronica has said as well that she's powered through all the podcasts whilst doing her nightly chores. Once again, we're with someone as they're cleaning. Had my first calling at five and still remember it clearly some forty years later. Talking about past lives. My four year old, who loves crystals, feathers and making spell jars, often tells me stories about before you were my mum.
Speaker 3: Oh that's crazy. We need to chat chat with her, have a chat.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: We do love all of your comments, so please keep them coming, and of course remember to share the podcast with anyone who loves stupid behavior.
Speaker 4: All right, what are we talking about today?
Speaker 2: All right, we're gonna talk about Hega Day. So she's an ancient goddess from the Greek religion. She's mostly associated with magic and witchcraft, and mainly crossroads. So she is known as the Maiden Mother and Crone. So that's why a lot of witches like to use her as her deity. She often is representing her symbols are normally layered, so she has she lights the way.
Speaker 3: That's why she's.
Speaker 4: Got the two two candles, two candles.
Speaker 2: She rules the thresh roads, the thresh holds, the crossroads, the doorways, the transitions in life, birth, change, and death. That's why she's often invoked in major life shifts. She gives guidance and protection. Even though she has an eerie association. She looks a bit scary, doesn't she does. She's very much about uncovering what's hidden. So she's a really good shadow goddess. So kind of wanting to bring forward and work with your shadow self. Again, we were talking about the things that you need help with, she's certainly there as well.
Speaker 4: She has those four arms, Michelle.
Speaker 1: She has two that are holding the candles, but then another one another two here, one holding a.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what is that?
Speaker 4: Is that a scorpion or is it a knife?
Speaker 3: She has a knife.
Speaker 2: She has a knife, and she has a scorpion, and she has two black dogs that normally come with her there, and she holds keys.
Speaker 3: So the keys are.
Speaker 2: Unlocking knowledge, knowledgeable path So if you're finding that something, you're not getting something, you can call on this goddess and she will help you find it. So her number is three. So she's the Maiden, the Mother, and the crone. She's also even was called upon through when there was walls and things like that, So she was called upon to help them and light their way, especially in battlefield where they were feeling that they couldn't see anything, and she was known as the mother to come to light the way. So often people would recite her in hymns. In the Pagans speak their intentions loud, she was known as Oracle. Now she loves the offerings of garlic and honey. Oh wow, Okay, so that's what you'd put on the altar for her for bringing her the shadow work is a really good thing for her when you call upon her to help you through.
Speaker 3: A dark passage.
Speaker 2: But look, I did do it a guide of what you could do, so that sort of everyone can look up. She's but basically today which is will use her as a symbol of inner strength. They bring her into their intuition and if they're wanting to transform something, she's a great deity to continue through the unknown, especially if you're wanting courage to move forward with something that you seeming is not clear. Now what you'll need is a candle and a quiet space, a key, which is really good, and a paper and pen.
Speaker 3: What's really good.
Speaker 2: If you've got a decision to make again, you call her out and you write down what the decision is, and you light the candle. You let the candle grow out, blow out, and then you pop the actual piece of paper. You go towards you and you put it under your bed, under your pillow, and you sleep on it.
Speaker 3: So you know that old saying of sleep upon it. Yeah, yeah, so sleep on it.
Speaker 2: So I want you to sleep on it, and you'll find that through that night that you've called that she will either bring a dream or she'll bring something, or in the morning you'll feel that, okay, this has been worked out. I know what to do intuitively, it will happen. So I often do that. That's a really easy way to just sort of bring her in. I do do do crossroads if I'm feeling like I haven't I've got a decision to make and I don't know what to do.
Speaker 3: But she's the one that sits on my altar. So I brought her from home.
Speaker 1: So when you say just to go back as well, if you missed it along the way. When you're saying to call her in, to bring her in, what do you do to do.
Speaker 2: That, Well, it just depends to me and not everybody sort of wanting to call her in. You just call her name, so you light a candle and you take a moment to settle. And the goal here is not to focus on anything supernatural, but just focus on the fact that you have a decision to make.
Speaker 3: So what I'm trying to do is.
Speaker 2: Just for every normal, everyday person out there that's not really into witchcraft. It doesn't want to get out and do a big circle and call her in and.
Speaker 3: Things like that.
Speaker 4: Get ned in the moonlight, get neud in the moonlight.
Speaker 2: This is more about wanting a Pacific specific Here we go again.
Speaker 3: Question answered.
Speaker 2: So you just call her in at crossroads and you can say, guide me as I stand between past, help me see clearly as I cannot see or understand my own. You can even hold a key if you want to put the key under your pillow as well so she can access the key. But really, at the end of the day, it's about you asking her to come through. You blow the candle out before you go to bed, you fold the paper three times towards you with the question that you need help with, and then you pop it under your bed. So it's a bit like a prayer. So I mean a lot of people go to bed. Before they go to bed, they do a prayer. This is just a way of doing it, and you sleep on it. So everything we know, like you don't argue before you go to bed, often sleep on something you know, everything's much better in the morning. But if you've actually made a conscious effort to call in the Keeper of the Crossroads to help you with a key, with the knowledge you know, you will wake up in the morning and have a more clear decisive answer.
Speaker 3: Of where you should go.
Speaker 1: Wonderful. We'd love to hear your thoughts on that as well.
Speaker 4: And a lot of.
Speaker 2: People do have her as their deity if they're working with deities. I have her on my I call her in and the other goddess I like to work with is Iss as well. If you want to do something more traditional, like the witches out there and wanting to do something more traditional, then you can just take leave offerings to Crossroads and you can recite ask me or ask for protection from her. If you wanted to do something like that. Hegate's a really good thing too. Have you if you've ever got a problem and you want to get rid of a problem, you can.
Speaker 3: Actually go to crosswork crossroads yourself.
Speaker 4: So you actually go to a physical crossroads.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a physical crossroad.
Speaker 2: You take your leaves and you sprinkle your leaves around and you say, I call in a hegate, I call in come now and help me. You can even have a key with you with that and ask the question at the crossroads when you know it's more about being the symbols, you know, things like that symbolic. Yeah, that's something you can certainly do as well. So have you've got any stories or you've got any pictures of your alter and if you do have hegatay on there, send them in so we can actually have a look at that as well, because we were going to talk about you know, other altars and other goddesses and things like that. But I mean I do work with her, but as I said, I work with Isis too, so we might want to bring her in it as well, and I'll come.
Speaker 1: Up with and every altar would be incredibly personal as well. It's for you, it's for what you believe in, as well, so you know, if you'd like to share those photos with us as we can discuss it, and we can even maybe get you on the podcast to talk about why you've chosen those things for.
Speaker 4: Your old time. Yeah, exactly, all right, star girl get Rid, let's have.
Speaker 3: A look at the stars. I cant thin she knows.
Speaker 2: Alrighty, Aries, momentum picks up, but not everything needs to be rushed. You'll get further by choosing your battles wisely instead of charging at everything at once.
Speaker 3: I understand that because I'm an Aries.
Speaker 2: Taurus tauriss tis, there's a focus on self worth and what you truly value. You might reassess a comment financial or emotional loads this week and make a decision that is.
Speaker 3: Better supported long term through comfort. Makes makes sense?
Speaker 4: It does?
Speaker 3: It does?
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, unless you miss words.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't miss wortz. I didn't write down properly.
Speaker 4: I don't think.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right.
Speaker 2: What it means is commit to financial and emotional gains and make a decision.
Speaker 3: That will be long term that will give you comfort.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, that's what that means, all right. I did not write that down properly. My brain was going very quickly, Geminar. It is your season and.
Speaker 3: You will feel it.
Speaker 2: Confidence and curiosity are high, making this a great time to start something new or put yourself out there more boldly. Cancer a quieter, more reflective mood sets in. You may prefer your own space, using this time to process recent events and recharge before things pick up again.
Speaker 3: Leo.
Speaker 2: Connection mattered this week, whether it's friendships or networks. Someone around you could open a door if you're willing to celebrate or even lead or go through it. Enjoy Virgo. You're being noticed, especially in work or responsibilities. That does not make sense.
Speaker 3: That is you time I got us growing up.
Speaker 1: I'm being noticed at work and responsibilities okay.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay. You're being noticed especially.
Speaker 2: At work okay, and the responsibilities that you have.
Speaker 4: It's interesting they're noticing you.
Speaker 3: It's a chance to step up.
Speaker 4: Are you kidding?
Speaker 3: Who wrote this ship?
Speaker 4: You did?
Speaker 3: I did?
Speaker 2: But also a reminder not to be overly critical of yourself in the process.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, that is so true about you.
Speaker 4: Okay, that is so nice.
Speaker 3: I'm really good at this ship?
Speaker 2: Did it?
Speaker 4: I have to step up? How much more can I?
Speaker 3: That's what I'm laughing about. It it's a chance to step up. That means, but it's also a reminder not to.
Speaker 2: Be overly critical of yourself in the I understand that, right, I understand the fact that you've been stepping up for ages and that you're obviously you're You're one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: Is someone's like, you're one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: My five percent? Is someone's hundred percent?
Speaker 3: No, it's the other way around. Someone's one hundred percent is you one hundred and fifty percent?
Speaker 2: So therefore, you can be self critical aboutthing you're doing, which is ridiculous because technically you should just step up and just not worry about it because you're doing more than what everybody else is doing.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Does that make sense?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Libra.
Speaker 2: You're craving a change of scenery or mindset. Even small shifts like learning something new or breaking routine can refresh your perspective in a big way. Scorpio intensity rises, but it's not necessarily a bad thing. You're being pushed to confront something honestly, which can lead to a powerful breakthrough. Sagittarius relationships take center stage. You may need to meet someone halfway or have an important conversation that clears the air. Capricorn, daily routines and habits are in focus. This is a strong week for getting organized, improving health habits, or streamlining your workload. Aquarius, Creativity and self expression are highlighted.
Speaker 3: You're encouraged to.
Speaker 2: Do something just for the joy of it without overthinking the outcome.
Speaker 3: Pisces.
Speaker 2: Home and personal life come into focus. Whether it's a family you're living with or your living space, emotional foundations. There's an opportunity to create more comfort and stability, and that is your stars.
Speaker 1: Well done, well done, Thank you so much for joining us on this episode. Make sure you share the podcast with your friends. And also don't forget Take five magazine. It is out of the shelves this week.
Speaker 4: We are in it. It's hilarious.
Speaker 1: They contacted us about doing a bit of an interview with them, and then also I think one of the girls at the magazine is obviously a very eager listener to our podcast, so we've had to send them photos and do stories and everything else. So make sure that you go and get a Take five magazine. Check us out in there. You know we're multimedia. Now go as hot old brown, Hot old Ladies. No no, ladies, that's.
Speaker 4: It all right.
Speaker 1: Feel free to rate your favorite on your favorite podcast on the platform as well, and least, bye bye
Speaker 2: Bye woodwork Podcasts, mobile podcast recording, woodwork Podcasts dot com dot au