Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 2: Jackie Boy, how was your weekend? We're going to do six word weekend right now. Will you tell us about the story what happened to you this weekend? And six words for me?
Speaker 3: I was trying to make the perfect scramble eggs. I'm not much of a cook at home, but I try give it a go. And I had Gordy on my own last week and I made him some terribly dry, scratchy, burnt scrambled eggs that he didn't want.
Speaker 1: Awful when they get real dry, it's the worst.
Speaker 2: When they move as one, it's just a mountain of dry ca and jial glue to make.
Speaker 1: A good egg.
Speaker 4: No, So that's why I said it's.
Speaker 2: A fine art scrambled eggs, because people have all various cheats about what's put in them.
Speaker 3: So this week what I did yesterday morning, I was doing I said I'm going to do scrambled eggs again. This time I'm going to get it right, and actually googled how to make the perfect scrambled eggs, of which there are many various ways to do it, some people saying low heat, some people saying high heat.
Speaker 2: Crack the eggs into the cold oil, and then warm up the pan with the order and eggs together.
Speaker 3: Everybody had a different method, and but I came across one video that said make the fluffiest scrambled eggs you've ever made. I thought, this is what I mean because last week they were so dry and crunchy. Fluffy is perfect.
Speaker 2: It's an't the eggs have got xmell when they get dry, That's what I've thought. Now they've got flaky old skin, haven't they.
Speaker 3: So what I had to do was sieve, drain them through the sieve the eggs the eggs. Yeah, so you first you beat them up just with a fork, and then the couple of jabs but want too then you then you sive them through and then you put them in the pan. I didn't really know that there was a difference between the cake sifter. The flower sifter and the sieve. Wow, to me, they look like two things that lets like the.
Speaker 2: Old The one for cakes is like a fencing mask. That's that's the only way I would that's the one fencing the other ones for pasta.
Speaker 4: And the cakes.
Speaker 3: If we have has three layers of sifting as well. So it's eggs like three face fencing masks on to of each other.
Speaker 1: It's a high level one.
Speaker 4: And then it's got that.
Speaker 3: You know, the handle has a squeegee on it, and to move everything through, I pour my whisked up eggs through the cake siftem What happened.
Speaker 4: Very very slowly.
Speaker 1: It's still dripping.
Speaker 3: Now started to come out of the bottom. Even when I'm pulling the handles, it's not room for them.
Speaker 1: To get through. They're not yes, it acing sugar.
Speaker 4: Eventually, after five.
Speaker 1: Pearl Gordon, he's going up. Suddenly he's twenty one.
Speaker 3: I've drained a thimblesful of egg whites, but all the yoki parts are still stuck in the cake sifter. I couldn't even have to be thrown away. I couldn't even wash it because even spraying it with water, what it's all like.
Speaker 1: It stuck in it was too gloopy. It's part of the fencing masks.
Speaker 3: I went out outside to the hose. Beau has got more pressure than the kitchen to try to spray the egg yolks through, and I just couldn't get it through all three layers.
Speaker 2: And then he loved to be one of your neighbors as a miracles, even getting the garden hose out. Is he going to do some guarding their flowers? Sift bloody hipsters.
Speaker 4: In the God he got about a mouthful of eggs.
Speaker 1: Scrambled.
Speaker 4: It was very fluffy. They work, very.
Speaker 2: Fluffy miniature and the tiny, tiny tiny ones and the moose boosh eggs.
Speaker 1: Patsy, do you love scrambled eggs?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: I love? And you know what. I don't know what he does, that's not my business. But the love God does a beautiful one.
Speaker 1: I don't know how he does it, but it's magnificating them for.
Speaker 2: Sarah and I every Saturday morning. That's that's the silence wile weekend. I put great parmesan as well. I do medium heat, but I put in crem fresh.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, that's posh crem fresh.
Speaker 2: I was interviewing someone before and like a British movie director when I was in the seventies, and he was going on and on the interviews going nowhere.
Speaker 1: They suddenly went a fan. Sinatra came to stay with me once a time. Frank Sinatra came stay with you.
Speaker 2: He goes, yeah, and the highlight he made scrambled eggs every.
Speaker 1: Sunday, right, it's a treat. Okay.
Speaker 2: So I found out that Frank Sinatra uses fresh.
Speaker 1: It is the only thing I got from a very boring, awful into was Frank Sinatra's eggs. That's what I felt, bramblash.
Speaker 4: What I found on mine is everybody has a different method.
Speaker 5: Some people in something but yogurt, but yogurt, some but sour cream, fresh herbs, soilanthra, cilantra, and I.
Speaker 1: Start saying that word as well.
Speaker 2: I bet you there's people listen right now who think they've got the definitive cheat for scrambled eggs, because it's like going into a shower in a hotel, where one millimeters between hot and.
Speaker 1: Cold can burn your face off or freeze you.
Speaker 2: Scrambled egs going to go, These are brilliant two seconds on thesa crap.
Speaker 3: You week, and then you open your eyes again, it's, oh my god, the shriveled mess.
Speaker 2: So if anyone's got any tried and tested cheeks for scrambled eggs, I think I'll be spending the rest of my life trying to perfect scrambled eggs.
Speaker 1: The Christian O Connells Show Podcast