Speaker 1: Quest, Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 2: Podcast.
Speaker 3: Doesn't get my leg going like it usually does, like nipple height.
Speaker 1: To me, alien baby, Hello, Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 4: Actually forgot Percy said that exactly yesterday when we don't worry.
Speaker 5: I copped it when I got home.
Speaker 4: Did you?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 6: Really, I have to forget sometimes, you know, I think we all do.
Speaker 4: Don't about the people that are involved in a live So then have this lit rip about this because it's happened so many times to me over the years where my wife will go, what the hell did you say? And it'd be like three in the afternoon and I don't know about what sober Perhaps she was telling herself once Chris, her husband, if I started called the Word of love God was when a meeting once as someone just went.
Speaker 5: Are you the worri loved k That was the CEO.
Speaker 4: The legend of helg.
Speaker 5: This is what happens. Everyone from work was ringing him yesterday morning.
Speaker 4: I'm not surprised because you were saying, basically, you've been so sharing about how brute activates.
Speaker 5: She hands me on.
Speaker 4: There's no learning Jackie boy, how are you you got a last day off being home alone before your wife and son come back tomorrow.
Speaker 7: It's Christmas Eve vibes right now for me. I'm at the point now we're at home so lonely that I'm talking to the dog out loud.
Speaker 4: He turned into Tom Hanks eight days and he chatted to the computer.
Speaker 6: So the friends he's met online are those cams.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 7: I woke up this morning excited to tell Luna, Luna one more day, guess who comes home tomorrow? The house is going to be full again. I'm very excited for Gordy and return.
Speaker 4: So what are you going to do to make it a really nice She's just going to get back from a long flight from la When she arrives back in home yesterday tomorrow.
Speaker 7: I go a remind us for all the things I have to do today.
Speaker 4: Which you're big on that reminder. Jack's come back this year. It's the first time I've ever in the almost five years working with you, I've never seen a user watch, never had one, which is when you do breakfast radio. But anyway, no need one, just for other people, not so much yourself. There's 'n up on time. But you've got an Apple Watch now you to watch.
Speaker 7: And yeah, four or five times a day, I'll remind it.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's like Captain Kirk trying to get back to the bridge. Topical reference reminder to change sheets at one pm, and then he goes one pm is a good time time to change jack sheets for people?
Speaker 7: Actually a good tip for people using reminders on with Siria or on their phone or devices. You've got to put a time in there or else they just you know, they spile it away.
Speaker 4: So what will happen then? Will come before one pm?
Speaker 7: Does the phone one pm?
Speaker 4: The watch to start.
Speaker 6: Moving you to the sheets.
Speaker 7: He'll bing and he'll tell me to change the and then I'll have to stop whatever I'm doing. I could be mid by through lunch and they'll stop what I'm doing and go and change the sheets.
Speaker 4: And so you're going to change the sheets, Darre ask when we're the last.
Speaker 7: This will sound bad, but I've got an excuse. Do you want to the excuse first?
Speaker 6: All the time, give me the headline, give me the clickbake.
Speaker 5: Not this year, don't say that.
Speaker 4: It's the thirty first of January.
Speaker 5: Jacks serious.
Speaker 7: When we moved house. When we moved house, everything was in boxes. I didn't know where anything was. It is my job to change the sheets.
Speaker 6: I don't want to.
Speaker 4: You've got technology. You could have put unteen reminders thirty one days.
Speaker 7: It's changes today.
Speaker 4: You know. We're doing the big book and listeners. Smelliest listener in Melbourne. We found him.
Speaker 2: He's here the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: They have to get washed today.
Speaker 7: Yeah they will.
Speaker 6: They have to.
Speaker 4: You can't come back and you could be spreading fleas or bedbugs right now. Wash. I just burn them, actually bury them, Maybe use them as some sort of terrance to stop the dog jumping over that fence. They've got very acute sense of smell.
Speaker 7: Of the chicken double chicken wire worked. By the way she was in the backyard.
Speaker 6: That is going to look such a treat when your wife go back to Los.
Speaker 4: I've turned the backyard into a feature. Look is this like Sam Quents in prison? Out there? Now? All right, we have a brand new game and it's all for you. We have excess. We're handing over control to one hundred huge digital wiellboards all over Melbourne over to you every single show for the next two weeks. We started this yesterday ran about this time. Yesterday morning we spoke to Marie and she had an amazing, very personal message that she wanted for her husband, Steve Jack.
Speaker 6: What was the message we first put up yesterday.
Speaker 7: Steve put your dishes in the dishwasher.
Speaker 4: Yes, so this went life all over Melbourne. Here's how it worked for Maria.
Speaker 9: Hi, Christian, Marie here, thanks for getting my message up on the billboard this morning. Steve saw the message and rang me straight away. Just wanted to thank me for letting all of Melbourne know that he leaves his copy cup and his breakfast bowl in the sink. Anyway, I think we'll see some improvement. Thanks for providing such a free service and getting the message out there to all the Steves in Melbourne. And if a coffee cup appears above the dishwasher, I'll be sure to give you a call.
Speaker 6: She was great, yes, Lely. And then we found Vinnie.
Speaker 4: Vinnie bagged us to have his message on the billboards and his message has been up all day. What is Vinnie's current message on the billboards of Melbourne?
Speaker 7: Still there now over one hundred sites over Melbourne. Save my Daughter's wedding Wanted nineteen sixty seven black Chevrolet and parlor.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and thank you very much to everyone who's been trying to get him this car right for this wedding. It's on April the at twenty second. It's a really hard to find car. The reason why they want their car is his daughter is a massive found of TV Supernatural. They've tried Google nothing like many of you. We also found there is a guy who does have this exact same car who's in Tasmania. This poor guy yesterday was besieged by phone calls and emails and I want to thank you for doing that because that actually shows that UK you're trying to get Vinnie this car for his daughter's wedding. Tom I produced a spokeless guy yesterday who lives really in remote Tasmania and he said it felt like he used to listen to the show.
Speaker 6: He moved there a couple of years ago.
Speaker 4: He said it felt like someone had just put all his personal tetails up on those one hundred billboards. So Tom is due to speak to him at six fifteen this morning. Somebody who has this car, but it's in Tasmania.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he asked for overnight to speak about it with his wife and he's going to come back to us for this morning, so it could be solved. Problem could be sold this morning.
Speaker 4: Hang on a minute, though, Tom also Tom hat this guy, he lent this car for a wedding recently and obviously, you know, someone got very excited. They were also big a fan of the TV show Supernatural. Yeah, they were like standing on the bonnet of the car, draped Severn the back of it.
Speaker 6: They did have a three thousand dollars with the damage that he had to make good on.
Speaker 4: So suddenly when all did Melbourne start going car it's a guy called Vinnini's.
Speaker 7: They're like what and then Vinny starts taking it like the dukes of hazard.
Speaker 4: He's doing donuts. So at the moment, this is why they're talking. Why are they talking at six fifteen as well? It's really early. Basically anything that anyone asked me, it's six fifteen. Your answers normally know, isn't it just to get to just stop talking and get off.
Speaker 7: The phone go back to sleep?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so fingers crossed. You also think someone DMS you didn't.
Speaker 7: They There's one in Sydney that people can hire out for this sort of thing.
Speaker 6: Weddings. What exactly the same car, same same car.
Speaker 7: I'll pull it up, give me a second.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sure, don't prepare for the link. Maybe do a little reminder, get ready for the show. And it was the fact did you share that intel with the team yesterday at all? When Tom's speaking to a guy in Tasmania.
Speaker 7: It only reminded me this morning as I heard you and Tom.
Speaker 4: I'm so lucky to have to take the picture on the show. I remember you guys thicking forretty partner, Hi son DM me about one in Sydney in this country.
Speaker 7: It looks great. Yeah, you can hire it.
Speaker 4: It does, Yeah, you can hire it.
Speaker 6: Pats, you got a message in for details?
Speaker 7: Should I message him or wipe for the Yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay, get one of the adults on the team. Right. We need brand new messages, don't we We need brand new messages now. So these are one hundred digital billboards and we can change the message within ten minutes. So what would you want this morning? What do you want to say? Ask for anything?
Speaker 2: Look, Christian Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: So the next two weeks we're playing a brand new game with you guys, and you can do anything the power that you have right now, then this is huge. We have one hundred billboards every single show to play with and we're going to pick a message today sometimes two, which we did yesterday, and we can change the message on the billboards to one hundred big digital billboards all over Melbourne within about ten minutes. So we're looking for a brand new one right now. One four one, O four three. What do you want to put up? There might be something that you would text to just somebody a work mate, your boss, your husband, your wife, the kids broadcast it to.
Speaker 6: All of Melbourne.
Speaker 4: It's like send all where the all is Melbourne. This came in overnight from Carl Christian. I like to have a billboard near the Pies training ground simply saying Jack Christopher Captain.
Speaker 6: I love this one from Catherine.
Speaker 4: Our seventeen year old daughter has been living in Germany for three months on exchange, going to school bone it's coming home this week. Her real name is Miranda, but her oldest sister, who is two. When Miranda was born, told friends and family that a new baby sister name is Babanda Bunnett Falzbach. We think it'd be great if you have the billboard could just say that and nothing else. That's not Catherine. All right, let's go to lines on nine four one four one oh four three. Good morning, Vanessa, morning Christian.
Speaker 10: How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good, Vanessa. What would you like your billboard to say?
Speaker 11: Keeping it short and simple. I want my partner to hurry up and propose to me.
Speaker 6: All right, So what's the story. Do you know that he's got the ring?
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 11: Yeah, we went shopping for it and on our ten year anniversary, and it's sat in the safe ever since, for about six months. So I'm still just waiting for him to give it to me.
Speaker 4: It must be. It must be doing you in because you know it's in the safe.
Speaker 11: It's very frustrating. Yeah, I just keep thinking about it, and I'm thinking, oh, is it going to be today or is it going to be a special occasion? But no, just casually it still sits there.
Speaker 4: Because you've had Christmas, you've had New Year. This has went so many people. Traditionally they do it on New Year's Eve or New Years Day, the New year, new intentions and a wedding plan.
Speaker 10: That's it. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 7: But no, is he waiting for the holiday? Maybe a lot of people wait for their away somewhere.
Speaker 11: I don't know he knows I like the snow, so I thought maybe he was waiting until we go there.
Speaker 4: But you know places that snowed over Christmas New Year.
Speaker 7: But as we're warning our producer Tom who told us the story on the show, he proposed in snow and because he went down in like four feet of snow, he almost disappeared. And you just had a hand reaching up out of the snow with a ring on it.
Speaker 10: Worried it was pretty good.
Speaker 4: So have you said.
Speaker 6: To him at any moment, like what's going.
Speaker 4: On with the ring? You know?
Speaker 8: I have.
Speaker 11: I have tried being subtle and it just kind of gets brushed over.
Speaker 4: So is it like this when are you going out for Whenever you're out for a mill of the restaurant, he bends down to pick something up or shoelace.
Speaker 12: So this is it?
Speaker 4: Yes, Mitchy, I feel like.
Speaker 7: That when you say you're subtle? What what's your tactic to being subtle? Look, I might just.
Speaker 11: Say, oh, you know, if he's so to the safe, I'm like, oh, you're getting my ring?
Speaker 10: Or are you going to get my ring? I call that subtle.
Speaker 6: And beyond single ladies.
Speaker 7: All the time, all right, nothing more subtle than than the billboard.
Speaker 10: Directly exte hundred of them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, it's time to make it crystal clear. And so what would you in your mind? You probably visualize what you think the billboard might say. What does it say at the moment it.
Speaker 10: Says, Mitch, hurry up and propose to me, love.
Speaker 4: Ness, love it.
Speaker 6: This is direct, all right, all right.
Speaker 11: And a couple of exits in there at the end.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, how many want to chuck in three? It's got to be at least three.
Speaker 4: Three always standard number, isn't it.
Speaker 7: Now we've been using exclamation marks, willy nilly? Were we going again, Mitch exclamation mark?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 11: No, no, I was thinking more at the end, like Mitch, hurry up and proposed to me, exclamation mark limit.
Speaker 4: Today the use of the excavation mark one billboard message. Vanessa's right, So Vanessa's just seemsly going to begin Mitch new line.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yes, please.
Speaker 7: Okay, And I'm already sorry already Mitch, but I've already forgotten what the rest of us.
Speaker 5: Hurry up and propose already.
Speaker 10: Hurry yes, thanks. Pets.
Speaker 4: In the movie of this, Patsy's playing Euphanis you know sort of affair reconstruction.
Speaker 7: All right, refreshed. We should be able to the three of us, should be able to look at the example bill, I'm.
Speaker 4: Looking at this now, so Vanessa, just let me just read it back to you. Mitch, hurry up and propose already.
Speaker 6: Now you want.
Speaker 10: To propose to me already?
Speaker 6: Perhaps propose?
Speaker 7: You don't want to just proposing to the next person.
Speaker 11: Yeah, to the apprentice, to the apprentice, sit next to him.
Speaker 6: Story.
Speaker 3: Now, why don't you put hurry up and propose already and then put your name? That would be better, wouldn't it as opposed to me?
Speaker 10: I think to me proposed already, yes.
Speaker 6: Just with a crystal clear.
Speaker 4: Then, so the billboard one hundred them is going to say, Mitch, hurry up and propose already, love ness.
Speaker 6: X x X Okay, sorry, I right, NASA, she did say it's.
Speaker 7: Too formal love XO.
Speaker 10: No, just three ex.
Speaker 4: Your generation XO three ex.
Speaker 7: But doesn't that say usually that.
Speaker 10: That's just kind of what I always do me too?
Speaker 7: Free excess sometimes means sex.
Speaker 4: Get anyone those dodgy websites you go on to, or it's a safe word for you. I don't know, but not here alright, have a look at the updates, a click, refresh to what we've got right now, let's see what we've got Mitch, hurry up and proposed already exclamation mark the love ness night. I'm running in paran love ness? Okay, should that be a separate line?
Speaker 7: Separate line?
Speaker 4: Sorry, we're just forming this right, it's got to look right, it's got to look right, thank you. So the last line would then read jack Loveness.
Speaker 7: X x X refresh, refreshing.
Speaker 4: Ye, why have you got like that hyphen there?
Speaker 7: Because it's like love ness?
Speaker 5: Like, no, I get rid of and can you do the xes in cat? Please? Are they in capital?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 6: I'm with Jackie?
Speaker 4: Otherwise it's like triple x back yeah, true, true, true, chilling reminder that even existed.
Speaker 7: All right, refreshing now, refreshing.
Speaker 11: At the.
Speaker 6: I like, what do you reckon about that little bit bunched up to me?
Speaker 5: He's bunched up?
Speaker 4: You need a bit?
Speaker 5: Can we do Moss? Can we do a space between Mitch and hurry and already in love?
Speaker 6: And then then we're done.
Speaker 7: We're good to we're good just talking amongst yourselves.
Speaker 6: Please, what do you feel about taking it from Jack to one on this bit.
Speaker 5: He's doing all right.
Speaker 7: People don't realize and I'm I don't have to get into the behind the scenes.
Speaker 6: But yeah don't.
Speaker 4: It's got to change your sheets and came everywhere.
Speaker 6: Reminder you have to do code.
Speaker 4: Stopping code us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that looks great, Jack, that's much better.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 6: Let's have a look. Now, there we go.
Speaker 4: That's in Mitch, hurry up and propose already loveless, kiss, kiss, kiss, all. Yeah, this is the big bit we all look forward to. Now it's right, it's perfect, it's beautiful. Send it.
Speaker 6: And now we wait. It could be two three minutes and.
Speaker 4: Then one hundred billboards all over Melbourne will go live received great.
Speaker 10: Play to work now so hopefully.
Speaker 4: Okay, any minute now, Vanessa, we'll be in touched to you the next twenty minutes.
Speaker 6: There's his fingers, closs, see what happens?
Speaker 10: Good luck, lovely, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Well Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: Hey Patsy, already finding back to school today?
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I just honestly i'd here a well yesterday because all my afternoon was spent. It was like a flood of notes, which is lovely from teachers introducing themselves and we're gonna have a great term one but also like forms, you know, like and dates given for September October events at school.
Speaker 6: So overwhelming, isn't it yet?
Speaker 3: And my brain just sort of short circuited for a time, and I thought, actually, can I just like have a wake of like getting her into school?
Speaker 5: Like it's good that.
Speaker 4: We've had with that. Yesterday it was like she came home, so our daughter went back yesterday, she came home and was like, you need to apply for this, you need to have done this. Why have you done this? And I need to send the email out ago there's about ten correspondents wanted to get back to them.
Speaker 7: That's the big difference is that since we were in school, is that you can be emailed by teachers now and by the school, whereas like I had to bring home a form if I wanted to go on the excursion my bag.
Speaker 4: And then I was just to fake my parents' signature. Are you problem us with your life?
Speaker 7: The day of the excursion, it's like, where's my phone on my back? And never took it out?
Speaker 6: So and how is it working?
Speaker 4: Because obviously it's a big thing going about starting a new school year. Are you doing it obviously playing an active part here?
Speaker 5: What do you mean like being here getting out of the way.
Speaker 6: You've got to be on FaceTime?
Speaker 3: Well no, no, I didn't think I was allowed to FaceTime.
Speaker 4: Before we see you ain't going on sheen doing shopping and that. Once you smash out those bulletins, it's like getting your reps in and the banks. What you really want to do?
Speaker 3: No, Chris, they'll be in the car probably I reckon quarter to eight. The love God's going to drive it today because they've got the massive big book, you know, box of books. Because other years I've said to her, you need to when you go on the bus, take them on a you know, a trolley a garden.
Speaker 6: That is a real good look for.
Speaker 4: Periodicals.
Speaker 7: Make the one Nana's take to the mask.
Speaker 4: T shirt saying please bully me.
Speaker 5: You know the beach ally. I've got video for doing it last year.
Speaker 4: Off roader.
Speaker 13: You should see the amount of books and stationery these kids got that you come we lugging, So Chris is taking up and he's got to carry because she refused, got.
Speaker 4: A sherper now laying down with a mule.
Speaker 5: So I might based on time of before eight.
Speaker 4: Great, that's amazing. All right, let's get into the extra time and the time waste stuff. The kids finally going back to school this week. School movies is a time wastere exit time right now, Texas your school movies two O four seventy five, three one oh four three school Movies, Little Tuck, Shop of Horrors, Silver play ground hog Day, Play ground hog Day.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, that's a silver path.
Speaker 4: First. We're always playing this game. Can Wolf minority report card or naughty Tom Cruse? Let's try harder Ben.
Speaker 8: Report?
Speaker 4: All right, Jack, what have you got?
Speaker 6: School movies?
Speaker 7: What's it in Gilbert's grades?
Speaker 6: Nicely done, subch all.
Speaker 7: Gold Et is going to school D and he's going to be in one class called pet Gold. Plus James Bond's going to school. He needs to get his pen license to kill Gold.
Speaker 4: As well, So three golds.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: Good luck, good morning, Welcome back to everyone. Back to school today. On the score run, we're looking for school movies today on the extra time time waster. All right, let's find out who's top of the class. Cash me if you can team silver on Adam mission Impossi Fowl, Tom Cruise in Mission Impossifel, Bronze, Flunking Miss Daisy, Silver, Backpack to the Future Silver, Michelle look as talking at the back Gold. That's very good one, and Simon the Blackbone North, the Lost Property Boys Gold or the shudder at the thought been made together the humiliation of going to the If we have an accidentally on purpose forgot our pee kit, our teacher, mister Nags will go okay, well, if you go to the Lost Property books, you'd have to find boys or girls stuff. They just dress yourself like a cropped up or head of a look head of for thirteen one boy going through some changes. AnyWho, Billie Mass and some stuff. Wow, Glenn Bush take a bow. That is some going. That is very good. Yeah, I'm getting attention. Silver and Andy the Great Protractor. Bronze could also forgetting the Protractor just in any of these.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I didn't know what the movie were you Me and p Silver.
Speaker 4: Edward Done Run with scissor Hands, Gold, Silence of the Librarians, Silver, Skiol bus driving Miss Daisy, Silver, Assembly Elliot Gold. Yeah, that's very good. Mark, You've won to Penn. Dude, where's my class?
Speaker 7: Silver plus, Prep Fiction, Silver plus canteen Wolf that was yours, Bronze for copying you.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Hannibal Lecture Gold very good, Sarah, that's very good and risky Business.
Speaker 7: Studies Silver plus.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, brand new one at eight thirty this morning will be computer bands.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the question you o Carl Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Bonds are airlines? What do you love to be in the meeting where everyone won't we that's the best. Yeah, we're happy that it's bonds or airlines.
Speaker 7: Remember we're putting a plane in the sky. It's a very serious thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, people trusting their safety, and the pilot then has to say, hey, welcome to bonds or airlines. Is there any more AUSSI phrase? What do they throw out?
Speaker 6: Get a stinking mongrels airline?
Speaker 7: I feel like it's not even an Aussy phrase anymore. I feel like it's one of those phrases that.
Speaker 6: I've heard.
Speaker 4: I think I've heard just about every variationary phrase. No one has ever I've never heard.
Speaker 5: One of no not anymore maybe in the seventies.
Speaker 4: Do you think they're also then continuing the theme like even like the meat options with this over Aussiness and even like the frequent flyer pan.
Speaker 14: Is, it's like get a dog up here, meat pie is only sweet ass.
Speaker 4: All right, it's time to open up the Big Book of Listeners as well. We give a couple of categories and we look for you to fill them as all are nine one oh four three. All right, So this week in the Big Book of Listeners. Recently we were looking for longest engagement. There's two categories today on the show there are nine four one four one four three.
Speaker 6: First of all, longest traveled on foot.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm guessing that you didn't intend to start or complete the journey on foot, might have got somewhere, something happened, trained to stop and you had to all get off. Car broke down. You then had to walk a long, long walk that wasn't planned.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he doesn't care if you're doing like a.
Speaker 4: Walk, a lovely walk over the weekend. He's about three and a half hours.
Speaker 6: Christian.
Speaker 4: No, we're not looking for that longest traveled on foot. Who's got a story about a long pilgrimage that you did not intend to set out on but you had to do. And then the other thing is biggest collection or something who has an over large collection of just one thing, whether it's lots of copies of the same album, whatever it is. By the end of the day's show, we want to find out who in Melbourne's got the biggest collect of something.
Speaker 7: Why would somebody have a lot of collection of one album.
Speaker 4: I think there's about there's about four or five albums that people keep gifting to me that I've got three or four copies of. Yeah, I also worked out there today. I think I've got I know, I've got a VHS copy of The Godfather. I've got a Blu ray, I've got one with the director's commentary as well. I think I've got about four different copies on different formats. I think I might even have owned it as well on Apple movie as well, on all formats of The Godfather as well.
Speaker 7: This happens when you accidentally start acquiring things. Then people think, oh, Christian love Christian loves Godfather stuff in the movie.
Speaker 4: Get him the movie or a book about the movie. It's not that it actually looks like I live in a Godfather themed like restaurants, so there's so much too much Godfather.
Speaker 7: That's what happened with me is wizards As a kid, I didn't particularly love wizards, and why did you have them in your around you? I accidentally collected a few. I got two or three, and then start to.
Speaker 6: Think, oh Jack, how about the wizard kid?
Speaker 7: Anytime it's a Christmas present, Birthday present, get him a wizard or wall off or something. And then, because I'm too polite to sat on one end, put it up on the shelf. And then all of a sudden my bedroom is you know.
Speaker 4: But then one where they were arranged looking at you, protecting each other night you could chat.
Speaker 7: Well, you're looking to face them to the wall, are you?
Speaker 4: That sounds like I sort of rolling here? Come face into the wall. All right, So longest traveled on foot and biggest collection of something?
Speaker 6: What have you got? Nine four one O four three? Don't forget.
Speaker 4: We give away one thousand dollars at any time for a cooler of the week. It doesn't have to be on a Friday when we've heard all the calls. It can be on a Tuesday, Wednesday. It could be this morning that one of you calls in with a great story about why you had to walk somewhere on foot, and we give you one thousand dollars instant.
Speaker 2: It this morning, The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: All right, our big book of listeners which you open up every week. We pick the categories. You tell us where you fit in. Longest traveled on foot, all right, and not going for a nice Sunday hike somewhere unintentionally you suddenly had to continue your journey winningly on a long old track. Longest traveled on foot, biggest collection of something nine four one four one O four three.
Speaker 6: Let's get Billy, Hey.
Speaker 12: Billy, here you going.
Speaker 4: I'm good, Billy, Welcome to the show. So Longest traveled on foot.
Speaker 15: Yeah, it was sixteen lest sixteen seventeen K. I was with my partner in Lake c Enterance and we were doing a little full drive track around lake Tires and we so we were in the middle of the NX, middle of nowhere, and I'll see a little dam and said to her, I was like, oh, yeah, I can get through that, and she says, I don't think you can, and I don't think you should, And me being me, I drove straight through it and got stuck in the middle, and I'm like, all right, we've better ring someone pull our phones out and we got no reception. So We had a big long hike up all these dirt roads and we'll covered in mud by the end of it.
Speaker 12: Took it.
Speaker 15: It was close to around two hours, and we finally got to the main road and faring someone willing the policy out and they had the drive all the way in. And when we got there even he was saying, what do you think can going through that? Thing?
Speaker 6: But a lot of.
Speaker 7: Time on that walk to chat about the decision that was made.
Speaker 4: And then those horrible, painful trudge in silences, wet soggy clothes. Are we even going the right way? Are you sure? Are you sure? I'm sure? We passed this creek about on Aurica's.
Speaker 15: Just say, I got called every name under the sun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, probably two or three times. They're going back around and back around, Benny. Are you still together now? Yes?
Speaker 16: We are.
Speaker 4: Wow. If you could survive that, that's incredible. What an ordeal? Really? What's there?
Speaker 7: What's there? What makes you want to drive through water? A friend of mine broke his car last year doing the same thing. Seeing your body of water going, I think I can drive through that, and then the car starts to float. Why why is it fun to drive through water? That you don't know if you can drive through.
Speaker 15: Because the feeling of getting out of it's pretty relieving.
Speaker 12: So it's just real.
Speaker 15: Everyone all loves this is fun American.
Speaker 4: I wonder how many people have got that story where I thought I'd get through that body next going down the river in the boat. All right, Biddy, that's a great lead. Then, so we say seventeen k. Yeah, all right, So can anyone top Billy's amazing story of seventeen K and lakes entrance?
Speaker 6: Thanks, but it was a great story.
Speaker 4: Christina, Christina, Yes, hello.
Speaker 6: Hello Christina. You've got a large collection of something?
Speaker 4: How many? And what is it?
Speaker 17: I call it salt and pepper shakers?
Speaker 18: And I've got about between one hundred and seventy five and one hundred and eighty pairs of Sultan pepper shakers.
Speaker 4: Dey did this start?
Speaker 18: Oh, probably ten years ago? Just stop shopping and then it's come?
Speaker 4: And do people give you them for Christmas presents? Think it's salt shaker?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 12: I have gotten them as gifts.
Speaker 18: The weird of the funnier the better.
Speaker 7: Or people could just give you large bags of salt and large how many are full at any one time?
Speaker 4: No, I don't use them for display only.
Speaker 18: Yeah, so I've got because well it's a lot. Yeah, so I have probably a third of them on display. And then because my apartments not huge, I kind of like a museum.
Speaker 11: I'll rotate the.
Speaker 4: Collection the curator, isn't it?
Speaker 6: I love this? Now tell me this. What are some of the more unusual ones.
Speaker 18: I've got multiple animals in questionable positions?
Speaker 4: What do you mean like it's a mating Yes, even get won't even get such a thing.
Speaker 6: That's Sunday rabbit.
Speaker 18: What else have I got? I've got like two peas in a pod ah fruit, lot of fruit cars.
Speaker 10: Like little or little vests.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot doams? You know? I have all the merchandise they do? They love much. Do you think there's a sort and paper shaker out there for any of the footy teams? If not teams get on this. I know someone who buy one straight away.
Speaker 18: Christina, I'd definitely buy one and best and then brought one out.
Speaker 7: I think I would too.
Speaker 4: I think nice having on the table, all right, Christina, thank you very much. So Christina, who you say? One hundred and seventy five hundred and seventy five so in a moment longest travel on foot if you can beat sixteen k Billy's epic story. And we've got Christina with one hundred and seventy five salt and pepper shakers for biggest collection of something.
Speaker 2: But Christian Connell Show Podcast.
Speaker 4: We're looking for who's traveled the longest on foot unintentionally? And when we had Billy's story about trek in sixteen k around Lake Entrance after getting his car stuck in a dam. And who's got the biggest collection of something at the moment? One hundred and seventy five salt and pepper shake nine four one O four three.
Speaker 17: Agatha, Hello, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good at Agatha, Welcome to the show. So big collections?
Speaker 6: What have you got?
Speaker 17: Well, well, it's more my husbands. But together we've got one thousand and seventeen one copop vinyls.
Speaker 7: Pop vinyls like a little figurine, little figuringe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so please just say that again. How many have you got?
Speaker 17: One thousand and seventeen To be exact.
Speaker 7: How much would one cost?
Speaker 11: It depends.
Speaker 17: They're worth just over forty five thousand, all.
Speaker 4: Up your whole collection.
Speaker 17: The whole collection. But he tends to buy them here and there off like marketplace and whatnot. So he'll buy bundles and get one that's worth quite a bit and the rest that just a little bit. But it all adds up.
Speaker 6: How much do you think he's spent on them?
Speaker 4: Then? So it's worth about forty five thousand, But what if you have to spend twenty grand or something around there?
Speaker 17: If not less? To be honest, he's pretty good at it. He'll come home and we haven't apt to keep track of them because we just cannot keep track of.
Speaker 4: What with This is amazing. I love this maintaining the collection. It's a business, isn't it?
Speaker 17: Well, pretty much is.
Speaker 7: And where do they all live?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 17: Are they in the lock up or well, we've got purpose built shelving throughout the house, down the hallway. We've got one that he builds down the whole hallway which holds about three hundred it's like a shop nearly.
Speaker 6: We've got to see some photos. This is incredible.
Speaker 17: Oh yeah, definitely.
Speaker 4: Do you guys trade them?
Speaker 17: No, we've got a lot of doubles that we need to get rid of, but they just sit in the spell.
Speaker 4: I just love to know if there was like a trade period, you know, because you get some rare ones, like you get bands, don't you Like I've seen the kiss ones, and you have certain rock bands and they runing stones and yeah.
Speaker 17: Yeah, we've got most of the music ones. His biggest thing is the DC sort of comic one. So he likes all the Marvel ones. The most bensive one we've got that is the Elvis one. He's just under fourteen hundred for just him.
Speaker 4: The Elvis one is fourteen hundred because they're only like a couple of inches, aren't they? Or four or five inches?
Speaker 10: Yeap?
Speaker 4: Yep? And have you got like extra home and contents insurance?
Speaker 17: Well I hope, so.
Speaker 4: Yeah you need that because I think there's a limit.
Speaker 17: Well yeah, I don't know, because I don't take any interest in all that.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 4: It speaks to our museum manager that as soon as you knocking out small shelves, but.
Speaker 17: It's more like I don't even know what's there anymore. He could bring in a ton of them and I would never even.
Speaker 6: Know's it gets to a certain point.
Speaker 4: Tell me this though, is it that night time when it' like you're looking up and turn all the nights out, it's not scary seeing them all s down at you.
Speaker 17: Well, they're all throughout the house. Is not one in the bedrooms, thank goodness. Yeah, that's right, but everywhere else, the laund room, the toilet way, he doesn't got his own well no, I'm not in the toilet, but it does have his own little toy room I call it where there's nothing but pop vinyls and all sorts of.
Speaker 6: The comfortable, amazing scenes.
Speaker 4: I'd love to see the photos, all right, Agatha, thank you very much for sharing that with us.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 4: So we started this yesterday. Every morning on the show, we have one hundred billboards, you know, the ones you see all over up in the AMers you're driving along. We can change them and put one message on one hundred of them at the flick of a switch.
Speaker 6: Here in the studio.
Speaker 4: Yesterday we had Marie who just wanted to say, Steve, put your dishes and a dishwasher. And then the current one is from Vanessa who called the show about an hour ago and her partner Mitch has had the wedding ring in a safe for about six months.
Speaker 6: Christmas has come by. Knew here it's gone by. It ain't coming out that safe.
Speaker 4: So she decided to push this come to shove, which often happens with a woman. And she's just got this on one hundred billboards all over Melbourne. Right now, Mitch, hurry up and propose already love yes, kiss, Kiss Kiss. So we got Mitch on the line.
Speaker 7: Now we've got Mitchell line one. Vanessa on too.
Speaker 6: All right, Mitch, good morning. I'm sorry that we meet like this.
Speaker 4: I felt like I'm kind of cuckholder and something in but I'm merely the messenger passing on the message from your partner around this. Let's get Vanessa up here as well. Vanessa, welcome back to the show.
Speaker 11: Hi, thank you, Hey Mitch.
Speaker 4: All right, So, Mitch, have you seen the sign as your has your phone been going crazy with friends? You all going Mitch, I've.
Speaker 12: Got a few messages from a few people now and no one of the coincidences.
Speaker 6: And so, Vanessa, have you spoken to Mitch.
Speaker 4: Has he called you or anything about this?
Speaker 10: This is the first time I'm hearing from.
Speaker 4: It, right, Okay, So I'll let you two have a challenge you.
Speaker 11: I just figured it was toime to get that ring out of the safe.
Speaker 12: Let's do it. Why not?
Speaker 10: Lovely thank you.
Speaker 6: She's got a mark your moment in life. You can't just go, let's do it? Why not?
Speaker 12: Well I had a plan. I had a plan. This is going my play. But why not? I don't know.
Speaker 7: We don't want to tremble on the plan.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, this plan sudden we heard about this secret plan. The map must be in the safe.
Speaker 12: It's a it's a recent map. But we're just all she's just got a motorbikele license and I played on going off a ride up the sky high, doing it sky high right right.
Speaker 7: Close?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Was it February the month she got.
Speaker 12: Her license on Sunday?
Speaker 4: That was going to be there a couple of weeks we the suprise we have.
Speaker 10: Actually, I don't consider it ruined. I just consider it pushed forward.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, it's been moved up. It's been moved up, isn't it.
Speaker 12: Let's go for a ride. We'll do it tonight. Did the works there?
Speaker 7: Reluctant, Yeah, you know, just something in his voice like, all right, well it's ruined, but we'll do it now.
Speaker 4: If you want to do it, it's going to be great. Get down one let.
Speaker 10: All right, Well, thank you, this is.
Speaker 4: Anyone happy happy Mitchell. You happy or has this been sort of gate crush? Oh?
Speaker 12: Happy, but crush, but it's all good more the school is possitive.
Speaker 4: All right. Well, I'm sorry if we have actually accidentally gate crashed anything. Mitch, I hope you do. You two make it all work. You're obviously a great couple of rock solid relationship. I'm trying to get I'm trying.
Speaker 7: Okay, take you time, take your time, do what you were going to do originally. Forget forget about the billboard.
Speaker 4: You can't forget about one hundred billboards. They're up there now. It's going to take us ten minutes to get them down.
Speaker 12: I heard the to flick of a switch off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the reverse switch is harder. I'm doing it as soon as I There you go, one happy customer, one really unhappy one. Good job everyone. On day two of Wait a Billboard, we had something planned here. But here's what we need to happen right now. Wait, didn't new message up there?
Speaker 6: A SAP?
Speaker 4: So honestly, it's like a it's like a sell, an urgent sale. Right now, what message you want up there? We have to pick one as soon as possible.
Speaker 7: Essentially, first person through.
Speaker 4: It is all right, So we need to change the message A sap.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 4: I know mass kicked off last night, but in the studio, me Check and Reo just been pulling apart what actually just happened when Mitch called the show, Vanessa was on with him. It's gonna take us a while to try and put that all.
Speaker 7: It's hard not to feel responsible.
Speaker 4: Hugely responsible, joke, huge responsible. I'll tell you what I've learned from this. Okay, new rule, whilst we played this game forever now, no proposals. I'm not getting involved. Okay, you've got your own plans. It's not our business. No more proposals. Don't email me about proposal. Been there once. We got so badly, but we're a poor, unhappy Mitch swearing what he calls the radio show. We effectively accidentally gate crashed his plan the sky high up a Mount Dandeno.
Speaker 7: He had a plan, and we came in like giggly kids, ready for Mitch to be patting us on the path.
Speaker 6: I thought he was gonna go this is the perfect moment.
Speaker 4: NESSA.
Speaker 6: I did have a plan, but it doesn't matter. Will you marry me? I love you?
Speaker 4: Silence. Hanky guy just on his way to works, flipping one size on his mates. Gones, what's going on here? Just do we need to shout them dinner tonight. I've just had a look at the website here the skyham mountawned and I've been up there. It's beautiful up there. I've just seen it open. It opens every day at ten fifteen. It's a very precise time the chefs are I'm not starting at ten, Steve, can we agree at ten fifteen? Okay? Who has this unusual opening time that isn't on the hour of class ten to fifteen in any other businesses round Melbourne that don't open on the hour ten fifteen. I'm gonna speak to Sue, our boss. Can we start six fifteen doing what we call the sky high Man? But we definitely need to shout the dinner all right? So we've temporarily changed the message from we just just saying this makes me sweating, Mitch. I can't even read it in the enthusiastic voice, sad off an ergo, Mitch, how the language feels so aggressive now? It's like someone being shaken. Witchry haven't propose already? Nest this one one? Hundred billboards. Poor Mitch. She had a plan for the whole proposal, but anyway, we've taken that down. It just currently says, oh, Mitch likes this, Sorry Mitch.
Speaker 7: From my memory that Vanessa wanted to write that message and weren't we say no, no, no, it's not appropriate.
Speaker 4: Or if if there was a black box like recorder, we got cutolded seriously, no more second role on winding, stop colding the show. No proposals, all right, So we need a brand new message at the moment. The temporary one is sorry Mitch. Andrew might have something we can help out with.
Speaker 19: Andrea, Hi, Christian, how are you going?
Speaker 10: Everyone?
Speaker 6: Well, when we went a little bit of a pickle at the moment.
Speaker 4: So we need a heard, we need a we need a win here on day two of Winner Billboard, what do you need to say on the billboards?
Speaker 19: Well, firstly, congratulations on such a great idea, and.
Speaker 4: We felt that, like yesterday, we've lost are.
Speaker 19: Your intentions are pure and you need to get gold marks for that. So I really think you can help me. The team I I look after at work, seven amazing people became eight yesterday. Yeah, and this wonderful new person who joined our team. Don, he didn't get the gold class package of arrival that I normally hold to, and so I'm really disappointed in myself. And so yesterday I forgot to do his welcome sign. Everybody else got a welcome sign.
Speaker 18: Don.
Speaker 19: He doesn't know he didn't get a welcome sign, but I could just see it in his eyes that part of his soul was not feeling connected to our team yet.
Speaker 4: Can I just say that, like what you said to us, your intentions.
Speaker 19: Were, Yeah, But I pride myself. I'm a unit manager. I've been manager for a year and a half. COVID sucks. You know, you do everything you can to pull your team.
Speaker 4: Together, and you sound like a great leader.
Speaker 19: Actually, well no, obviously not.
Speaker 7: So what happened yesterday that you didn't do the silent Yeah?
Speaker 19: I had a long weekend and it just totally slipped my mind.
Speaker 4: Okay, what did happened?
Speaker 10: Grace?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: All right, no, not disgrace. Okay, Well, now you're going to make it even better than whatever you were going to do.
Speaker 19: Well, that's what I was hoping, because where you guys come in, not just don't welcome sign A.
Speaker 4: Hundred one hundred billboards all over Melbourne. This is probably the greatest welcome anyone in Melbourne's.
Speaker 19: Ever And then I got back out from like maybe a Google review rating of like five five point four out of.
Speaker 11: Ten or no.
Speaker 10: Google reviews are sort of out of five, aren't they?
Speaker 4: So yeah, maybe a two points behind drama on the All right, I'm going to make you a ten.
Speaker 19: That would be amazing.
Speaker 7: What do you want the message to say?
Speaker 19: Yes, well, I think it's going to start with this, so we get his attention. So don can I just have his initial don.
Speaker 7: Z superhero doesn't he got my attention?
Speaker 19: Welcome to the best.
Speaker 4: It feels like.
Speaker 6: An Italian restaurant.
Speaker 4: Have you tried, don Z Donato?
Speaker 7: Welcome to Welcome to the best.
Speaker 19: Welcome to the best team in the world. Because that's a fact?
Speaker 7: Am I running? Because that's a fact?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 19: Yeah, no, no, we'll lay that out. Welcome to the best team in the world. Sorry, sorry, I missed your welcome sign.
Speaker 4: I'd leave all this, leave them. If you say he doesn't know, a mistake is only when someone when you let them know it was a mistake. Don't worry about good point ship.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, brush out out of the past, just and I ever happened.
Speaker 4: You had this plan. This was always a plan, Like Mitch, you had a plan. You've got Okay, so.
Speaker 7: So far I got don Z. Welcome to the best team in the world. Do you want to put your name at the end so you know your company?
Speaker 19: Or if you can just put Andrea and time, that would be amazing. I like it, Andrea and the O D Team. And I know that doesn't sound good development.
Speaker 4: In the house and in the house not that cool. All right, Jackie boy what does it say so far? Let's read this back to Andrea don Z.
Speaker 7: Welcome to the best team in the world. Andrea and the.
Speaker 6: O D Team.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, can break down up the moment.
Speaker 6: It's all one.
Speaker 4: Don Z don Z sounds like a new sort of way of describing a generation. Isn't it to say that don Z doesn't it?
Speaker 19: All I know is he is the most wonderful business process and a list and I'm glad I got him.
Speaker 4: And it's stiff competition, hands down. I can name five contenders and that overly contested title. As Jackie boye, what does it look like now?
Speaker 7: So it's don Z Space, Welcome to the best team in the world. Space, Andrea and the O D Team.
Speaker 6: Okay, why have you got a full stop at the end of don Z.
Speaker 7: Yes, I felt like he demanded no, no, no, get rid of the full.
Speaker 5: And then what about an exclamation after world?
Speaker 7: Well, I felt like, can't use it enough?
Speaker 5: You need to highlight it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we did with mityay lest.
Speaker 7: We forget updated.
Speaker 4: Now I sending no, Hang on a minute, have you taken the full stop out?
Speaker 7: Yes, it's now it's exclamation mark.
Speaker 4: So you're going, don Z. Welcome to the best team in the world, Andrea and the O D Team.
Speaker 7: Done. Ye, keep an eye out, Yeah.
Speaker 4: You send it Jackie bye. All right, then this is going to go live in minutes.
Speaker 19: Thank you for saving me.
Speaker 6: Oh, thank you for saving us.
Speaker 19: We needed each other.
Speaker 4: We came together at the moment of turmoil.
Speaker 6: Wow, this is don Z likes this.
Speaker 19: Oh I'm so happy. Thank you so much for doing this.
Speaker 4: Oh no, it's great. I think it's a lovely thing you're trying to do as well. And you're obviously a great manager as well.
Speaker 6: So good on you.
Speaker 4: And welcome don Zie to the best team in the world. Andrew and the O D Team. Andrew, let us know how it goes, so have a great day.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: Big scenes on day two of Winner Billboard. So at the moment, Andrea sounds like a great leader and manager at her workplace. A new team member turned up yesterday, Donzie, and she just forgot to give them the big welcome that she obviously does for new team members. So she's using the one hundred billboards that we've got every single day to hand over to you to say, Donzie, welcome to the best team in the world, Andrea and.
Speaker 6: The O D Team. That's the message at the moment, all right.
Speaker 4: So earlier on this morning, we'll were talking about see her daughter going back to school today and obviously kids these days, right, you'll see this in the years to come with young Gordon, Right, they have all these heavy, heavy books.
Speaker 7: I remember the textbook.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they're getting bigger on that back pack, sort of like they're coming to their spine. Any good, it's already stressed of spine with the len over on the on the phones obviously that generation. But my kids want to bring their school bagger. It's like k and books in there. Patsy been the the great mum, she is, right, under the spotlight here today, great mum she is thought would be a nice thing for ORDI to put all those books in a trolley, you know once you see p were down on the beach on the sand, but with all your books. And it's just it's a tough time at school, you know. And if you don't understand, it's like prison.
Speaker 6: Walk the line.
Speaker 4: You don't want to stand now prison roll school, same thing. So we're just saying, you know that.
Speaker 7: You're cutting onto a bus, school bus, a big trolley full of school books like chips to seagulls.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 3: There were other kids on the bus with them as well, a couple of others.
Speaker 4: There were, and you know what, there's a special place on the bus for those kids. My school bus had a special place for those kids. You're sitting in the front of the driver. It's all about getting as far to her back, isn't it. That's like that's the goal in life is to get the back of the school bus. There you are to the driver. You got books in the trolley.
Speaker 5: She sits in the front sick because she gets bus sick. Oh, I see the reason.
Speaker 7: Because of the trolley.
Speaker 4: But I can't make it a break today, I'm now looking at what I think we're going to call this?
Speaker 6: What were my parents thinking?
Speaker 4: And just it?
Speaker 7: It's true because sometimes as a kid you don't know the kind of things that will attract attention.
Speaker 6: Attention at school, unwanted attention.
Speaker 7: I remember the first time I got teased at school, and it was because my mom had dressed me that day in a big purple wind cheater that had two hobby horses over each other, and the hobby horses manes were like tassels coming off the jumpt.
Speaker 5: Did she make it?
Speaker 7: She didn't make it. I don't know where she got it from.
Speaker 4: But you're doing your seriously. Someone should have just had word with your mom. Your dad here.
Speaker 6: Should have got you can't let Jack.
Speaker 4: That is brutal, last and minute in the prison yard.
Speaker 7: We wanted to know that you'd wear whatever you want. Of course you're going to get live.
Speaker 4: It's a brutal world out there in the school. All right, So what's your story then, Jack, in his tasseled wingy to me.
Speaker 6: Tassels make your gun back? Just give away show tassels.
Speaker 4: No, Okay, he's got PTSD.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 4: The Christian Connell Show Podcast tomorrow morning. This time tomorrow morning's on the school run. Kids, I'm talking to you. Look up from your telephones. Tomorrow morning, kids, you're in charge of one hundred billboards of Melbourne. Tomorrow we're handing over. Maybe it's a good thing. After that, you suppose that the adult has been in charge of it today after I have boy with hashtag Mitchgate. Kids, tomorrow you can call the show whenever you want. What message would you like on one hundred billboards or over Melbourne? You might want to shout out till your crew you back together for a new school.
Speaker 6: Year, whatever it is.
Speaker 4: Maybe there's a teacher you'd like to say hello to who's a great teacher. You'd like to be grateful that you're back in their class.
Speaker 6: Whatever it is.
Speaker 4: Tomorrow morning, that's your day to be in chine of one hundred billboards of Melbourne right now. What were my parents thinking on ninety four one four one O four three, Sam, Hi, Hey, Sam, welcome to show.
Speaker 20: Thank you glad to be honest, my I had a favorite pair of brown corduroy overalls when I was a little taco and my dad had this thing with washing everything with bleach and when he put them through the washing machine and they actually came out.
Speaker 12: It looked like I had beird droppings all over it.
Speaker 20: So this particular day I had to wear him the school and I bursted the tears and I was like, I'm not wearing this and all that stuff, and he goes coming.
Speaker 12: Out and he came out.
Speaker 20: Soon as I went over to him, he started coloring me in all the spots that of white with a brown text.
Speaker 4: What a great that is a great idea, what a great fixer upper, practical and so looks terrible.
Speaker 12: It was was terrible.
Speaker 20: It was embarrassing because I mean, the text is not going to stay on those white sweet but would I would have looked like a leopards.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're a walking target at school. Open Sam, Thank you very much for that.
Speaker 6: Have a good day. Thanks to Cooling the show.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 6: Let's goot a Robin.
Speaker 17: Robin, Hi, Hi team, how are you good?
Speaker 12: Robin?
Speaker 6: Welcome to the show. So what were my parents thinking.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm a twin and the first day of high school. My mum decided to catch the bus with us in her ninety dressing gann and slippers.
Speaker 4: She actually got on the bus like that.
Speaker 8: Their bus used to pick us up from right outside the house and it would do a loop half the school to a train station and then back around. So she just stayed on the bus until it dropped her back off at the house.
Speaker 7: Oh you'll forever for the rest of high.
Speaker 4: What you do.
Speaker 8: No, it has never ever left me, and we were teased so much about it at school, but it's just one of those funny, quirky things that parents sometimes too.
Speaker 3: I have I will admit, hand on my heart. Just a minute, No, just a minute. I will admit that I have picked up odds in the afternoon when I've just woken up from a nanny net. But no, no, not in a ninety in like you know, Peter Alexander.
Speaker 5: That could look like maybe Yo, Gigia, it could.
Speaker 6: Double up Peter Alexander.
Speaker 4: That's way at three.
Speaker 6: In the afternoon.
Speaker 8: Well, this was in the seventies, so it definitely wasn't Peter Alexander.
Speaker 5: It's probably fosses or something.
Speaker 4: Oh, Robin, I mean, it's amazing. It's the seventies, you know, almost fifty odd years ago. Well, yeah, fifty years ago, and it's still still alive in.
Speaker 8: You Oh yes, yeah.
Speaker 7: It will still be everybody who went to your school. People would catch up when that.
Speaker 4: School remember anyone else listening right now, I was on that famous bus. He became immediately school famous. No matter matter if you win, like if you go into a gun at sport, at that school, you're still the kids twins that your mum got on a ninety. That is incredible, Robin, that's an amazing story. I'm going to send you one of our very.
Speaker 8: Till this day. Why she actually came in the ninety, but I assume it was because we were running late and she just yeah, we don't know why, Robin.
Speaker 4: There is no You'll never.
Speaker 6: Find a why that will make it okay.
Speaker 4: It's no point asking it happened. No, you can't undo all that with a why. The origin story doesn't make it okay. Send me one of our show pens. I love that story. It's incredible.
Speaker 8: That's awesome. I love the show.
Speaker 11: To welcome.
Speaker 4: You just made made today's show. That was really really funny. I love that story, Robin, thanks to calling the show. All right, we're moving on to Patsy's news. We'll come back to this tomorrow. Let's fact rename it. It's school famous. Why were you school famous there like Robin. Don't forget there's a there's Robin's twin.
Speaker 6: That went through that as well. Two of them went through this.
Speaker 4: You can email me moving on, but why were you school famous? Email me Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com.
Speaker 1: Today you this is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 4: So tomorrow on the show why were you school famous? Christia? My mum had a knitting machine and decided to knit my school jumper. Oh, none of the three colors were even quite right. Targets for teasing. That's what even came, wasn't it target? So Mike, my mum insisted I had grown too my school uniform after getting it about ten science is too big in year seven I never did. All the cool girls had their winter skirts hemmed above their knees.
Speaker 16: Not me.
Speaker 4: It was right down to my ankles. To my entire time school, I looked like a little nun.
Speaker 7: Honestly, the blazer I had day one of high school wouldn't fit me. It would still be too big.
Speaker 4: Yeah, those boys blazers never ever fit did that? They were always way too big? All right? Time wasted? Today on National Computer Day, we're looking for your computer bands. Who's on stage at compute Fest, zz Desktop, Still.
Speaker 7: One Men at World, Oh yeah, Silver Plus.
Speaker 4: At Lstia, Keystrokes, Gold, Excel at Rogues Gold and Let's Seem Funny at six o'clock. I'm not sure about eight backed up street boys. All their songs have got backed up, you know, on the on the time machines. They don't lose them, you know, download them from the cloud. Think you got away with it all right? Jackie by computer bands, Iron Modem, Nice, Silver, Ore, The Doobie.
Speaker 7: Brothers are on stage next. Oh no, it's the Adobe Brothers.
Speaker 4: You love Adobe at the Moment, Silver.
Speaker 7: The pussy Cat, Dell's and Panic at the Floppy Discover.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Questian o'crl show podcast.
Speaker 4: Today's time Waster on National Computerday is looking for your computer bands? Jack You ready to mark Let's do it bomb Funk PCs go first mention of the bombs Bomb Funk EMBs of the Year, Kevin in Oapak, Thank you, Depeche Modem Silver, I don't understand this one. You might corn Hub buy no corn he does.
Speaker 7: Great band from the early two thousands, gold.
Speaker 4: Fleet, Tapple Mac Silver, Asa of bass.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, little.
Speaker 4: Monitor of theirs.
Speaker 14: Yeah, brand Silver plus, Depeche Code Gold Fleetwood Macintosh's like the one from a very similar Phantom see him some of the same guide Billy Ray Virus gold.
Speaker 6: Like a headline.
Speaker 4: Sure never crowded Mouse Gold Mousey Higgins.
Speaker 7: Gold plus right.
Speaker 4: Un Jess Credence clear paper Jam revival Not quite almost though, Bronze here you why not yet we got there?
Speaker 6: It just went under a tunnel.
Speaker 4: Thinking about corn Hub CPU two two Silver, Central Processing, Maroon three six five, Microsoft three six five A Maroon five.
Speaker 6: It makes perfect sense. I think about it, and there we go.
Speaker 14: We could just short I've been saying buffering speeds.
Speaker 4: We actually our buffering speed system of download silver Earth Wind and Firewall Silver plus USB forty silver, Kenny's logan field that's the best one word. And finally from keV Weird Algorithm Yankovic, so very good.
Speaker 1: Well on everyone, The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: How would we sum up today's show?
Speaker 7: Dynamic?
Speaker 4: Dynamic? And if this with everyone going back to school today, how would we grade how we've done on Winner Billboard Day two? E for effort, That's what I would say, E for effort, so you.
Speaker 7: Know sometimes when you did so badly that they made you go and do your homework again and bring it back in the next.
Speaker 4: Day tomorrow show, then redo tomorrows show is a makeover. So day two on Winter Billboard. We're doing this for the next two weeks and it was going really well. It was going really well. We thought we were onto a great one where the idea is if you just tuned in on too sure about what we're doing on the show, we have access every single day for the next two weeks, right here in the studio to one hundred of the digital billboards all over Melbourne. These are really big ones online then appear in a highway and loads more bus shelters as well. So you tell us what you are, what message you want on them, and we change it within minutes. One hundred of them changed during your drive into work this morning. So the an Lody call called Vanessa and her partner Mitch got an engagement ring about six months ago and it hasn't left the safe. She said a couple of times, you know about Hey, come on, you know what's going on, You're going to get the ring out? Nothing, So she thought the is it? I used one hundred billboards to get him to put his finger at the backside, put ring on him, and we put the message up there. Jackie Boy, remind me, what did it say?
Speaker 6: It feels like show folklore. Now, I'm never funny gonna.
Speaker 7: I actually had blocked out of my mind. Mitch, hurry up and propose already love miss Kiss Kiss Kiss.
Speaker 6: Mitch called us.
Speaker 7: And because it's got your name underneath that.
Speaker 4: Sometimes when the show's going very well, you're prowting part of the show, and then when it goes Mitch called us. And I'm not just saying this right. Unhappy, Yeah, first, I'm brilliant. I can remember somebody crashed on the show.
Speaker 7: Who is that? Unhappy had a plan.
Speaker 4: Surprise, A bit disappointed, not with us, but actually with us, because he actually had a plan. He had a plan. It was just the time wasn't right. He'd been waiting for a reason. Ness had only just qualified on a motorbike license and they were going to go up to Skyhowe out on Skyhigh and Mount Dandenol.
Speaker 7: And then in a way kind of about the dummies like a well tonight when you get home.
Speaker 4: He actually cracked it live on the show. Today and this is on day two off win a billboard, so it's going really well. And Hoplly bosses listened to listen thinking we really were the guys to look after one hundred billboards of Melbourne. Just on day two the chaos I did so the weekend anything could happen. I didn't know Mitchgate would happen. So we're back into it tomorrow. Wait for this.
Speaker 6: We think the best way to calms down.
Speaker 4: Is to let all the kids on the school and take over one hundred billboards. So tomorrow and the show kids on the school run, you're back to school. You are in charge of the billboards. So if you got the kids you've probab dropped off at school today and then with everyone being back, have a thing today asking when you picked them up today, what do they want to say tomorrow? Been up the first or second day back? What do you want on the The other thing we're going to do is, at the moment we're on a mission on the show show, there are one thousand and thirty five billboards. Sorry, there are one thousand and thirty five suburbs here in Melbourne. We're trying to speak to somebody from every suburb and all we got to do, we'll make you the mayor of your suburb when.
Speaker 6: You call him.
Speaker 4: You just need to tell us something about your suburb. Eva's on the line with a great one to end today on Eva.
Speaker 16: Hi, how are you?
Speaker 4: I'm good? So before we leave the show today, what is your facts about the suburb? Where are you the mayor of I'm not the mayor of anything.
Speaker 16: But we did have Russell Crowe come to Melton yesterday, Rossen.
Speaker 7: Crow and Melton.
Speaker 4: Where did you see him? What was he doing?
Speaker 16: He was at wood Grove, he was having sipping a coffee and he's got friends that live in Melton and quote number of people recognized him and got autographs and photos.
Speaker 6: This is amazing.
Speaker 4: So did you see him?
Speaker 16: I didn't see him, but it was all over Melton Gossip and faithbook.
Speaker 4: Every suburb has one of those local How quickly went from spotting to going up?
Speaker 11: Eva?
Speaker 4: That's great, Thank you very much to give us a call. So tomorrow, what can you tell us about your suburb? You can email me or you can cool now if you want nine four one four one O four three.
Speaker 6: Have a great day.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show Podcast