Speaker 1: Christ Yah.
Speaker 2: Welcome friends to the Christian o'connells Show podcast as we know it, kicking off this hour. Our eight is said of the nineties, all about the letter I.
Speaker 3: Was that how you doing ed?
Speaker 1: Welcome to the nineties.
Speaker 3: I'd like to flay I made this look.
Speaker 2: Good, Missa Sheffield, this nineteen ninety you can't handle the true go o.
Speaker 1: Her Christian o'connells eight of the nineties.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get into it.
Speaker 2: Then the nineties to do the letter I inventions of the ninety many game changing once. One of the biggest, one still being used all over the world today is how we run the outwork time waster every day eight thirty other show texting, SMS texting. This is an advert from Motorola in the nineties.
Speaker 3: Don't forget the drug story. Your favorite she come straight home to float, but you never thought possible. Fast forward many years, suddenly it's like, get milk, Get milk, don't come home. Get milk.
Speaker 1: Not as sexy as it used to.
Speaker 2: It's just another sort of channel of instruction, correction, arguments my wife arguing over texting.
Speaker 3: I'm like, let's just talk about get this big long. It was the best of times. It was the worst of times. And then you see there's more incoming.
Speaker 1: As soon as you have to scroll, you know, get it.
Speaker 3: It's meant to me. Just quick one line, two line. That's it. That's all you need.
Speaker 2: So to celebrate texting, we're asking you this morning, have a look at fine right, that first text that's at the top of your fine. Whatever it says, right, whether it's something you sent or you've received, send it on to me. No explanation to our text summer four seventy five three one oh four three. We're going to go through some of the ones we've had so far.
Speaker 3: So no explanation.
Speaker 2: These are text messages listeners have sent to us. First one on the phone this morning. What are the top there? Dogs are so special? Wild agree? Wild agree? That should be just pinned to the top there. Animals need to be fed. That's when I have to send the kids a lot if I'm out on Saturday and that they need feeding. Your pets that we had to get in lockdown. Bang Bang sixty is over. Oh that's a real shame, isn't it. Someone's looking for some bang bang this weekend. Now it's over.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the six year refer to is it other sixty year olds enjoying some bang bank? I don't know, John is thin it is. I presume it's like they're all going to watch Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Yeah. Yeah, that's what will be, of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah, world will in four someone's pretty feeling pretty good about themselves.
Speaker 1: It's still sending word or text. I know, I know, And.
Speaker 2: There's an emoji there as well. I don't quite understand. Man, do you want call it bread? There's only ever one answer to that. It's always always yes. A person tired of God, it wrote tired of life. Courtney Cox has three ear rings on her right ear and two on her left.
Speaker 1: Didn't know she was in the zeitgeist. That must have been sending a message.
Speaker 3: It is for Arnist and Marie Anne. keV. That TV show is called alone. It's on SBS catch Up.
Speaker 2: I love that shout out of Kev's all over the world, keV. That TV show is called alone on SBS catch Up. You can also it's all some binge by the way as well, keV. It's a great show alone as well. Coney knee Deep in a Reddit thread about sex toys in Barney.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, okay, Bubba.
Speaker 2: These are two different, different ones. Isn't the guys knee deep in that stuff?
Speaker 1: Deep?
Speaker 3: Good morning, Hanson? Can you please send me goodies number? Please?
Speaker 1: Was that you to a Melbourne Demons player?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah it was, yes, yes, yes, yes, mister Jackson, just saying you've got good these numbers.
Speaker 3: Changed it again, stopping calling with more tactics. Whoo, I'm negative, I'm free.
Speaker 2: That's all block capitols, it always says to me, and block capitols, doesn't it. I got the pie exclamation exclamation mark, exclamation mark. I love this one. This is such an Australian one. This is good news. Someone is selling a single cab ute that looks a four wheel drive on great streets.
Speaker 3: And then this one?
Speaker 2: How many times have we sent this lame o one when you just you've got to hang over and you cut your bother going in.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I'm cripped with gastro. Won't be able to come in today.
Speaker 2: I'll call you in the afternoon because I can't rune that a non stop on the toilet.
Speaker 1: And no one's gonna ask questions.
Speaker 2: Think'st now, they're not all right Keith this coming.
Speaker 3: These are brilliant.
Speaker 2: Okay, we can sometimes you can trying to guess work out straightaway what's going on in your life. Just forward on the top text on your phone this morning to me, oh four seventy five O three one oh four three.
Speaker 3: Now back to Letter I in the nineties, going to play a song.
Speaker 2: This song actually was one of the first ever misheard lyrics we had. It was Macy Gray, I wear goggles when You're not around.
Speaker 3: By the way, do you remember Macy Gray? Shoot? Yes, it was, Shoot, it was.
Speaker 2: This was one of the only ones where we thought, I wonder if there are at any more like this, and we thought just it was just a one off the misheard lyrics, and then I think there were three years later still Dinner. But yeah, Macy was on the first ones. I wear goggles when you're not here.
Speaker 3: She is just so sad. The goggles to keep the tears in there. Macy.
Speaker 2: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. Ages said a nineties all about the Letter I. That's why I I try. We're asking this morning, well, the Adventures of the nineties was SMS texin, So we're asking to send into us no explanation, no context. What is the first message on the top of your phone this morning? We're going through these. You don't have enough money. I want a dad's sense I send that to the kids a lot. They don't have enough money. First night sold out, so they've added another. Yes, she has done that a few times today. Just leave it. Which Ruth did you throw the toy dog onto? That is all one message. That's like a three at play. It's going on.
Speaker 3: There's a lot going on there near the tip. Hope the wind is in the right direction.
Speaker 1: That related to that Vallee one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you want anything from Kmart? Never asked any one that you'll be in another hour.
Speaker 3: Were you in there yesterday? Patrick?
Speaker 1: When the candles came out with a boogie board clearances. Everyone's too good.
Speaker 3: It's too good to say no.
Speaker 2: Absolutely you taking that when you get a queen's cliff. Absolutely awesome. I'm on the porcelain bush. That's not green.
Speaker 3: I've not heard that phrase, but I guess it was. That is here.
Speaker 2: Can you please get me some normal sized chips to someone in want large or small?
Speaker 3: Let's get the normal ones.
Speaker 2: Can you send me the model number of Dad's green laptop?
Speaker 3: A couple of things here. What's the old man been up to, what's you's been looking at?
Speaker 2: Don't tell me. They look for that kind of stuff on there too. Is there age relevant.
Speaker 3: Stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Green laptop, laptop makes green laptop.
Speaker 3: You're listening to The Christian Know Carl's Show podcast