Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey this is Christian.
Speaker 3: Just a quick a little nudge before you listen to Today's Breakfast Show. We now have a spinoff podcast. I'm calling it After the Show. A lot of you have asked me over the years what happens after the show, and so I'm recording what we actually do after the show. There's always a daily meeting and it's here in the studio, so I've now decided to turn the microphones on and record the meeting.
Speaker 2: We're to the producers of the show.
Speaker 3: Rio and Caitlin did an episode a couple of weeks ago as a pilot. I was just curious to see if you actually would like it, and loads of you did. We've got these incredible emails about it. So we're going to do it as a regular thing twice a month. So brand new episode is up right now. Wherever you get your podcasts, Where have you got this podcast? Yeah, look for it and search and subscribe as well. It's called after the Show, and let me know what you think. Enjoying Today's Breakfast Show, Take.
Speaker 1: Care showtime, Thank girl.
Speaker 4: It's a refined taste, but it's good.
Speaker 3: Just about to go and have potato and leak soup. Hopefully it doesn't go all over me.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show, Gold one oh four point three Show.
Speaker 3: One and forty seven, Christian O'Connell Show. Good morning, Patsy, morning, Good morning Jack Morning. Guys, big day today for our Jackie boy. Emotions must be running high. You've got the anticipation, the excitement. I'm guessing a little bit of nerves about your playing in this.
Speaker 2: Jack will be on the show tomorrow.
Speaker 3: He's so committed to radio and the show and defending us against Connor Jackie are.
Speaker 2: The best place is at a charity golf day tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Up shoulders with celebrities.
Speaker 5: So hello celebrities.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Patsy.
Speaker 4: I'm most nervous, not about actually my golf swing anymore. It is about what I'll be wearing on the day, because you guys have made me some sort of polo.
Speaker 2: No that's the wrong word. Look about it.
Speaker 3: We have signed you up to be our first and ambassador of our new sports golf web.
Speaker 4: Okay, when do I get to see it today?
Speaker 3: Obviously today, because you've got to then fly away today with your gear that you're going to play in.
Speaker 4: And one thing I'm worried about is they send an email to everyone competing in the Mick Fanning Day asking for our shirt sizes. So maybe they want to give us some kind of Mick Fanning shirt.
Speaker 3: Okay, wef a I'd like to see said email. Suddenly this is going out on the eve of it. I doubt that very much is a bit of BS thinking that would follow us off.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 3: Secondly, you can tell Fanning that you have a very exact important sponsor that is the radio shirt that is so close you are.
Speaker 4: But I don't remember. I've never met this man, so first impressions, I don't want to come up to him and say thank you for having me at your day, middle finger to your T shirt.
Speaker 3: You don't say, listen this here and you'll already be wearing it proudly and the heart will be out like Superman does it go Oh sorry about this s logo here, but embarrassing. I'm not promoting your charity. You're promoted the great work that we do, and we will endorse the amazing charity work that he's doing for the floods.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you've seen a lot of Golfer as well. It's very much a small emblem. It's usually embroidery. No bigger than a fifty cent piece would be the logo when you say Superman s on the front. What, No, it is the show logo.
Speaker 2: It's what it is.
Speaker 3: It's there's no point you endorsing something if people like squinting, going, what does it say that? Kay and j Show, Jason Lauren bad advertising. You're a billboard, my friend, be proud.
Speaker 4: I will be nervous until I see it.
Speaker 2: You don't need to be nervous.
Speaker 3: And then when you have a couple of week shots, you kiss the badge of the show.
Speaker 2: And that's how the powers we are there with you. We're not there.
Speaker 3: You're certainly not there with us. We're we here in Melbourne looking off the show for you, which is probably still an invoice for but the show can be with you in the bunker.
Speaker 4: Okay, thank you. So you'll give me the power to swing better in my darkest.
Speaker 2: Wow, we know that you can't do that.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 3: What happened at the driving range yesterday? You got some last minute practicing.
Speaker 4: I would say about fifty to fifty. So on Tuesday, I did less where he gave me an idiot proof swing. I tried to take that idiot proof swing to the driving range yesterday and I was still able to be an idiot with it. Ah, So what are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: Are you going to because it will be your first time you're going to try and use this new half swing in a in a it is you are going to be nervous tomorrow. It's not a normal sort of knock around game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you suggested go back to your normal swing. Yeah, there is no normal swing. I don't have a consistent.
Speaker 3: This swing for the defences. You know, if it goes bad, it just going took up this game six months ago. Let me tell you about this radio show. Take some binstickers have that any golf bag as well?
Speaker 4: Can I get everyone drinks? Is everyone?
Speaker 3: Let me go?
Speaker 2: Be someone fun to hang out with.
Speaker 3: They're not going to be wowed by the golf, but the banter and the hang We went out one of your tweets or Facebook messages from ten years ago. You wanted to be entourage. Be entourage. What's in your golf bag? Shots, booths, snacks, sausages? Be that guy Jack? Can you have a great day.
Speaker 1: The Christiano connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show. I've just seen your golf.
Speaker 4: Top sor are you real in discuss.
Speaker 3: But this has made it hard for me to We might not even bother.
Speaker 2: Let me see that's way it's wait.
Speaker 3: Once you get that, once you open up that bottle of champagne, it lose the fits real quick. Wow, wee wow we You know racing drivers, Formula one drivers. You know how logo up.
Speaker 4: There very different to golfers.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Yeah, no, no, yeah, yeah, golf every one two mega sports coming together like live golf.
Speaker 2: This is mega's golf jack.
Speaker 4: But how many brands do I have to There's only one brand that I really have to be an ambassador for, and that's The Christconnell Show.
Speaker 2: That's it. Yeah, and don't worry.
Speaker 3: That's crystal clear on that logo. Now will be left after eighteen rounds of golf with you about what radio showd you work for?
Speaker 2: Wow? So now what happened at the chicken shop?
Speaker 4: All right? Awkward moment you're saying that my local chicken and chips. I want to get your opinion of her, because I think I was in the right there in the wrong. I ordered a chicken rap and a regular chips. What does a regular chips mean to you?
Speaker 2: Just you chippies, like a minimum fishing chips?
Speaker 4: Minimum regular chips twelve dollars, I said, are just potato. I actually put it on the pay pers thing. The walk away start cooking and I wait for her to come back. I said, twelve dollars a bit steep for chips?
Speaker 2: Is it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Sorry, that's it?
Speaker 5: Is that with chicken salt not.
Speaker 2: Chicken salt? Is that one creepy determined?
Speaker 5: Like how good were these chips?
Speaker 4: So I pay for it? Then it comes it's like chips for they would feed three or four people. Then I look at the board.
Speaker 2: Just this point is to grow. It's got to fed out.
Speaker 4: This is their chip order small, medium, regular, large, jump.
Speaker 2: I have too many options.
Speaker 4: Small and regular is the same thing all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think regular is basically small. Is that you either go regular or large.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 4: There's no small, medium, something else then large, no mediums in between smaller large.
Speaker 3: Yeah, medium weight, heavyweight. In boxing and martial arts, we all understand the system.
Speaker 4: And when I'm confused about why it costs twelve dollars. Why don't you say, hey, this will feed your family. It's just you. You're here by myself.
Speaker 3: I would give you a heads up, like or you're either really hungry or is this for the work site.
Speaker 4: I don't want to killogram worth of chips.
Speaker 2: So what happened?
Speaker 4: So she gave me she I had to do the awkward thing where I said, well, I don't want tips for three people. So she took it back. Oh and she gave me seven dollars. Who in change? I got my chips? No, I didn't want that many chips.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but who's prepared to actually send back chips?
Speaker 5: It's not like they can resell it.
Speaker 4: No, but maybe they can eat it on their lunch break.
Speaker 5: That is confusing, though they obviously don't know the meaning of what regular means.
Speaker 4: I don't know. They don't know, And I actually wanted them to know. This was a learning experience for them, because if I.
Speaker 2: Just that's so kind of you, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Tony Robins spiders took the chips, then they wouldn't think anything of it. But if I made it a bit big stink, a small.
Speaker 2: Stink handed the money about the change.
Speaker 4: Then they would go yeah, we probably aren't really paying attention to how badly we've put those sizes on the board.
Speaker 2: Wow, week perhatsy would you I bet? Would you have said anything?
Speaker 3: I would have done moaned about it privately, but not I've actually said, can I have a refund on these chips?
Speaker 4: I didn't. I didn't moan. You still had to be there to.
Speaker 2: Know how to tell me.
Speaker 4: Now that I'm the lady, now I understand what happened. Just a miss. Don't know the chips. There's there's way too many chips here. This is for obviously for four people every day.
Speaker 2: That other chips that's regular so large.
Speaker 4: I am but one man a small chips. Please have these chips go back to want the chip? I want small chips. Please don't need a small family and friends cows. I noticed the small chips on the cost five dollars and I played paid twelve, so.
Speaker 2: Seven dollars made you made it weird for them.
Speaker 4: I did make it weird for them so that they would know that they've made a mistake on the board.
Speaker 5: Did they hand it back like cash, proper cash? Yes, that would have been awkward, so awkward because.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and you've got to like, there go, there's your money. That open up the till to get the supervisor over to supervise.
Speaker 4: I'm shocked. I actually thought I would come in here and you guys are all band together and take.
Speaker 2: Your overpriced chips and eat them in the car.
Speaker 3: I'm sure shocked. I'm sorry, I'm shocked. We's you know, a phone into that about what you've actually sent back? Has anyone been more petty than some chips? I'm sorry, it's petty. It's chips.
Speaker 4: Actually a part of me thought they might be running a conspiracy where people would ask for regular chips they know full well regularly means small, and they're selling them for twelve dollars, especially for things like uber eats where people can't send them back and it's already all done.
Speaker 2: A chip piracy?
Speaker 6: Was it clearly advertised on the board? Small medium, regularly don't and the different prices wasn't It was on the board.
Speaker 4: But who reads?
Speaker 2: Always with the consumer?
Speaker 4: Who reads the board to order?
Speaker 2: Everyone knows you go, that's the one on one. It's called the menu.
Speaker 4: You don't you look at the raps or the burgers to go? All right, I'll have that wrap. And obviously a small chip, so I know what that is. That's universal. I'll be safe to not look at the board for that one. I'm shocked. I'm not getting shot.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, too many chips the.
Speaker 3: Pavement in my Tesla God for a minute fanning golf tournament Briday, I can't be taking a.
Speaker 2: Bit grumpy on the fourth green pass? What do you reckon? Oh?
Speaker 5: Look, I agree.
Speaker 4: You would have sent them back, what annoy?
Speaker 2: She would have been nicer. Actually, here's what.
Speaker 3: I wanted to take these chips. I'm going to take these chips all I would say. I felt a bit confused. I'm happy, I'm happy to pay, but just you might want to know, make a bit clear of other simpletons that come in. Just make it a bit clear, like a giant foam finger or something on the chips.
Speaker 4: I was to be honest, it'd be more passive, aggressive, like, well you have, I said, because I'm just one person. I only want a small I'm just one person. She knows, I said, I am a humble man, a traveler.
Speaker 5: Did she know you weren't ordering for a family?
Speaker 4: I said, it seems like sort of under my breath, it seems like a weird place in the order to put regular chips between medium and large.
Speaker 3: I'm afraid there's no learning for her in the other than we had one of those ales in today.
Speaker 2: That's what she takes from this encounter. You're walking out thinking green.
Speaker 4: Job Jack, and the next time I go in there there's a picture of me. Do not serve this?
Speaker 1: Christian Connall's Show Podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show. Did I see right, Patsy? We were another red carpet event last night, dumping up the scare only at Thursday Morning right now, Tuesday Banks Show, Bis, Wednesday Showbiz.
Speaker 5: I was a guest of the Lovely Langham team yesterday who have been such strong supporters since day one of the show, so I really wanted to go and help celebrate their one hundred and fifty ninth anniversary of the Langham burial.
Speaker 2: Pitty, I didn't know old, not the Melbourne's.
Speaker 3: It's been there since the day Bloody Eddy moisturies as well his hats. Some good work done, a couple of nips and tucks here and there.
Speaker 5: No, it was their first first hotel in New York, I believe, and real trailblazers back in the eighteen hundred. It's like their New York property apparently was the first to have you know, electricity and heating and running water. We went to New York last night, which I had so we had a love of course, one flew with it. And they have a resident artist there called Kerrie Hess.
Speaker 2: Who is designed one of the suitets. We gave it away last year on the show.
Speaker 5: Oh well that's where it was. This is stunning this place, it's absolutely beautiful. And she was in house yesterday and painting, which was a real treat, so we could watch her do a work and it was a lovely day to see the teams, so it was nice, lovely.
Speaker 2: Patsy, all right, we want to find out what are you up to right now? What are you doing right now?
Speaker 7: How are you?
Speaker 2: What are you doing? This is like too much caffeine right now right now? This is what you're in a dialogue where you've had too much coffee, isn't it? It's this what are you doing? So many copies that what are you doing right now?
Speaker 5: But I love this my news thing at Nova.
Speaker 2: What do you mean right here right now? Yeah?
Speaker 5: That was my news intro.
Speaker 2: You're kidding? It was brilliant we've got to bring that back. This has got big presence. So what do the mean news right here right.
Speaker 3: Now in Australia, not foreign news right now, right here, right now, this suburb.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 5: And then this music would run under me, so I'd have music under me as I read.
Speaker 3: It's fairly urgent and strain. Yeah, you know, especially if a lot of the new Pertsy's news is sort of you know.
Speaker 4: On a Saturday, it would be hard to mesh the two together around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, perhaps you just went correct, Yeah it was. It's a real clash.
Speaker 5: You'd have to fade it down slightly.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a serious one. And then back up for the capsic level.
Speaker 5: Those noodles are spicy. They're getting.
Speaker 2: News right here, right now. It's private suite that I mean, right here, right now, having Champagne.
Speaker 4: The first hotel to have electricity. Oh yeah, New York.
Speaker 2: And don't even get me starting those real estate prices back then anyway, what are you up to? Capskin levels? Way too long?
Speaker 3: Good, he's backing them, guys, what are you up to right here right now? Give us a call ninety four one four one oh four three match if we took a polaroid snapsnot on whether were you up to right now? Tell us what the scene is that we'd see ninety four one four one four three give us a.
Speaker 1: Call well Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell show. We're asking you right now while the show is going on, what are you doing? Are you up to right now? Nine four one four one oh four three? Go on into Tammy. Drive into work with a Hawk's Pride beanion with the air con turn up full blast.
Speaker 2: It is fresh.
Speaker 4: This morning was like, you don't need a beanie? Maybe we don't say one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, who we got here, Sharon, Good morning, Sharon, welcome to the show.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Thank you.
Speaker 2: Now Sharon, we're going to send you a show beanie, and what are you up to right now?
Speaker 7: I'm cleaning pumpkin soup out of my beautiful white Kate Hill hambag.
Speaker 2: Oh no, not the old Kate Hill. As soon as you said Hamdburg, not the old Kate Hill. This is not the news we need exactly.
Speaker 9: It's a white and silver handbag and now it's orange.
Speaker 10: On the inside.
Speaker 2: Oh no, pumpkin stains. It leaves a pumpkin taint.
Speaker 7: It does, it does and that's also my lunch.
Speaker 9: So unless I'm going to suck it out of there with a.
Speaker 2: Straw, When does a k hill become a super Bowl today? Fuck a coon bag of soup, and I.
Speaker 5: Bet it's your favorite bag as well.
Speaker 2: Well it was.
Speaker 7: No longer.
Speaker 2: Now what we do we taking a nice fancy bag like that to work on a school day like Thursday?
Speaker 10: Well it was dark.
Speaker 5: It was the first one I grabbed.
Speaker 3: From all them handbag closet. I fumbled in the dark. Cates always there.
Speaker 2: And off we go.
Speaker 3: So what what an abtsute nightma I did? There's a couple of weeks ago where something wasn't quite fastened up with some leftover food and had sauce, and of course, and it spills over everything in the bag. It's all all the other junk you have in your bag as well. And it's not generalization to say this, but I found it true in my personal experience that women team seem to have an awful lot of junk in their bags and handbags.
Speaker 5: You say junk, we say absolute necessities.
Speaker 2: I would say junk. Are they relevant to that day's business?
Speaker 5: You've got everyone else's junk, don't you? You have to hold you there. Well, you know, mum, can you hold these? Patrina? Can you have my fie?
Speaker 2: It's like have you got a stun gun in their taste? I should have mace all right shouting there.
Speaker 8: I probably would have checked the hole on the bean that my carcaes are in there and I've got to find it in an.
Speaker 3: Oh show rough start to today. Okay, we'll send you a beany but thanksgiving us a call. Thank you look after like Kate here in future. Next week is Kate Hill Week on the show. By the way, every corner winter Kate Hill bag. Let's make that happen, producers, my dream Roger.
Speaker 11: Born a Christian person.
Speaker 2: Jack, how you doing well?
Speaker 3: It sounds like you're breaking the land speed record at the moment. Where are you heading to?
Speaker 11: Oh, mommie, why the weather light with some steel Probably about nine and a half. They was swaking the back of the truck and then hits that guys farm.
Speaker 3: So your company won't step to sticking you in a motel or a hotel or anything.
Speaker 11: Nah, that's why we got they sort of in the snight trucks. Might they got the bits and in the back bridge everything in.
Speaker 2: It and is it warm? In there. Can you have heating on during the night or warm up a little blanket? Oh?
Speaker 11: It can, but it's it's pretty warm anyway, it doesn't. I've got a couple of going to be right.
Speaker 2: And have you got a little TV in there?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 11: I actually do. I've got a twenty four in smartly.
Speaker 2: He's got one of those ones that sort of newsagents have to stop attery with. Stephen.
Speaker 3: Wow, we that is an upgreat for what post he's got there. Roger will send you a beanie hat safe on the roads. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 12: Cheers.
Speaker 3: We got Sergeant Marion here from the ben Army. Good morning, Sergeant Marion.
Speaker 2: How why I'm good Marry? I remember you now?
Speaker 9: Feeling really good today?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 9: The end of the way.
Speaker 2: Ah, yeah, you're quite.
Speaker 9: Right, working toward yeah?
Speaker 2: Is this is short a week? You're quite right, Marian.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm on my way to work on a personal care for by side counsel. I'm apar and Joe White Christian.
Speaker 12: If you even need any help.
Speaker 2: Any caring do you know what right now?
Speaker 12: It's in careing right now, men as well as women.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you very good on behalf of men. Thank you for caring for us just.
Speaker 8: Ripe five counsel. We're looking for careage too.
Speaker 13: If you're very interested in taking on another job.
Speaker 2: This one finishes at night, a little bit of caring on the way home.
Speaker 4: You're confused, Marion. If you want to care for him, if you want him.
Speaker 9: To care for others, you can if he I were, If you wants a second job, if they're not paying him an up?
Speaker 3: Now, Marian, who are you looking afterday? You were able to talk about today's patients.
Speaker 2: I bet you're a joy. This is well how many years you've been doing this, Marian, seventeen seventeen. I bet you're What a gift you'd be to someone who needs a bit of help right now?
Speaker 9: Oh God, go to one light, this one hundred and one that lives on our own, one hundred and one hundred.
Speaker 2: She's living on her own. She's not in l like twenty five.
Speaker 9: Care living on her own. And I go and just supersizeable. She has a shower, she does most of her own cooking, and all that sort of been here. I've got another lady turning.
Speaker 7: One hundred in August.
Speaker 9: Oh yes, she'd be amazed. Who's help there with that? I driving on their own and still quite capable of doing things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're like a personal trainer for very old one hundred year old plus people, centenarians.
Speaker 9: I don't have a bit, but it's a great job, really rewarding job.
Speaker 3: I bet it is, and you're like a rainbow lighting them up every day. Would send you a beanie hat? I'll tell you what, do you want us to send you a couple for the old folk when you go around popping on the heads.
Speaker 9: That some of them needed.
Speaker 2: I can tell you yeah, I bet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, well I'm going I'm going to send you a couple of beanie hats for the oldies to look after them.
Speaker 12: Okay, that that would be great, Christian?
Speaker 2: All right, Marrion always.
Speaker 9: Just don't forget if you ever made any.
Speaker 7: Hell yeah, okay, yes, she's probably a little bit.
Speaker 9: Too power or what I oh, yeah, in mind, Christian, if you have a brighten m Orley, Yeah, well.
Speaker 2: I have a wife.
Speaker 3: I'd like to think first and four months the right for twenty six years will be there for me. But you're probably right, And if you heard the show, let's not presume that I'll book you now, all right, all right, marrying good on?
Speaker 2: You have a good day today.
Speaker 1: Thank you The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell's show.
Speaker 3: After the chat to our last caller who managed to spare her lunch today pumpkin soup and correctly secured container spilling all inside of a Kate Hill handbag a nightmare for any of us actually speculate about the random crap we have in our bags. And I was saying, how often in my experienced women go around with a lot of random crap in there. And then I actually dilped into my home and there's a lot.
Speaker 2: Of stuff in here.
Speaker 4: It looks like.
Speaker 3: Running away at the movie Heat. We always meant to have a bag when you go within thirty seconds when you know the heat is around the corner.
Speaker 2: That movie has stayed with me.
Speaker 4: It's like a Looney Choose cartoon where they keep pulling lamps and stuff out.
Speaker 3: It's like it's like a wizard's pocket. All right, So Patsy, first of all, let's go through your bag.
Speaker 2: What have you got live inventory? Right now to the bags of Melbourne.
Speaker 5: I love this handbag. I have got a jar of Mum's quince jolly, which is for you, by the.
Speaker 2: Way, she gave you so much. They've got some new Manchego yesterday. Love it. That's Thursday night sorted.
Speaker 4: Also twice as big as the one that your mum gave Rio.
Speaker 3: Someone she knows where the bread's buttered Jack, absolutely, and it's double quints for me.
Speaker 2: I have got a Mumma Pats game game.
Speaker 5: A Halloween lantern thing that's left over from Halloween from Audrey.
Speaker 4: It's like a little.
Speaker 2: Plastic for mini so last year.
Speaker 5: I don't know why that's in there my purse. Obviously. Oh, I've got a top off a coffee cup. I don't know where the bottom is. I think I suspect it where.
Speaker 3: It containers, aren't they those those cute cups yet that I'm always trying to find the top all the bottom. But that's my life story for another.
Speaker 5: Movie, obviously as keys obviously obviously. Oh, I've got a tape measure that's right.
Speaker 2: So I always has got a tape measuring Hamba, why do you carry one day to day.
Speaker 5: I've eyed off a cupboard a sideboard thing I like, and I did take it to measure it the other day. And you never know when you need a tape.
Speaker 3: If my wife has one of the glove boxes. You're ever driving around season like some furniture rubbish. Rehearse that car up out you pop out of a white Mercedes. It's quite a look, lady, it's quite a look. Okay, take measuring, not my style.
Speaker 5: I've got a cookie which I don't know where I got that from. I think that was like a kid with purchases. I've got a hair scrunchy how far through.
Speaker 4: At the moment.
Speaker 2: You're kidding?
Speaker 3: All right, just some highlights from mine right, and this is you might be thinking, well, maybe you've got a lot going on and you're in town all day you need all this?
Speaker 2: No, this is day to day. I started one.
Speaker 3: I've got some spying problems at the moment. I think it's the weight of this like a school bag. All right, one kindle. I don't know why I've got my kindle in here, not one, but two three notepads right from three a three size notepads. I've got a phone, Patsy, you must have a phone backup charger. No, what do you carry on nook?
Speaker 4: Because you don't what you're on the out of the house of the.
Speaker 2: Day and lint roller with some stuff attached to it.
Speaker 3: Because you got dogs. You never know, you know, you might have a meeting or a client thing. You're going to get that lint, roll around, essential oils, deodorant. You don't want everyone to be stinking up during the show.
Speaker 5: What are you rolling?
Speaker 2: Or spray nice spirts there asops. Girls got me for my birthday. That's in there every day.
Speaker 3: It's sprits and go, some more essential oils, some eye drops, and about at least twelve sharpie pens.
Speaker 2: Jack, what have you got an?
Speaker 4: I'm way emptier than you, guys, actually sadly empty. All I've got in here is.
Speaker 3: But why do you carry that enormous one hundred liter military backpack?
Speaker 4: The book I'm currently reading.
Speaker 3: Oh, by the way, I recommended this to Jack yesterday. I'll just finish it. Unreasonable Hospitality. That is an amazing book.
Speaker 4: And banana grams and that's it. Banana grams we were going to use I think we were going to use it for something on the show at one point, maybe at the start of the year, and it's still been in there since they today.
Speaker 2: I don't blame the show.
Speaker 4: There's a texture at the bottom here, that's about it.
Speaker 3: That is a pential too big it's sort I think a parachute would be housed him.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell SSH can go to any a live stop and search today what is in your bag? Caught us up and go through it live on the show nine four one four one o four three. We just found out that producer Kallen has a full cutlery set.
Speaker 2: We have so much.
Speaker 4: Cutlery here too good for the cutlery here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kit, what's up? Why have you got your own independent cutlery?
Speaker 5: I have a thing about the germs in the office. I just think like so many people have.
Speaker 3: Litched those that I just need to what a thing to say about your work if you if you talk about Huggy.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's a licking. It's a problem.
Speaker 3: It's where else he shoves those. I've seen him sometimes when he's bored during the show. You know, with a fork, can't you can't tune the station and like that?
Speaker 2: My friend up?
Speaker 14: Yeah, anyway, I do understand. Actually, now I'm going to bring I'm gonna have to add some more. I'm going to find some room in there now for cutlery. Cent Rio Producerria what do you have in your bag?
Speaker 6: Actually got my bag from Jack a few years ago because he's spilt, he's smoothie all over it and didn't want to clean it.
Speaker 4: So he just said, and.
Speaker 2: That's the kind of mad dictator is lick my bag.
Speaker 4: That was a gift.
Speaker 3: Still, just hope he doesn't sort himself at work give you those dirty jobs.
Speaker 4: But there was no gift fully getting that smooth out. Surely bits of cheer seed and oats.
Speaker 6: And there's still a very obvious staining the interior though. But yeah, anyway, I have I carried loose toilet paper with me, just enough for one session, just in case you.
Speaker 2: Live five minutes from the station.
Speaker 4: It doesn't help.
Speaker 2: Going out a good wood streak and suddenly needed dumb.
Speaker 3: And you go empty your sout into an anyway and then goes, thank god, I've got this, or the triple ply as well, because I'm a gentleman.
Speaker 6: No, if you're ever out and you get stuck, you know, sometimes you don't always check that, like restaurant, when you're.
Speaker 4: Taking you back back into the restaurant toilet, at.
Speaker 2: Least just under him with a hat of roll, just in case it's on me. Don't worry.
Speaker 4: At some point, did you measure out how much you think you need per session? Yeah, I've got about I've got one session.
Speaker 2: No coming in a bit more than that. Like, oh, someone's got.
Speaker 4: Five five sheets is like a dad, but he meant like five rounds. You're not cleaned up with just five sheets. Trips around the sun, like around around the.
Speaker 5: Package of flushable wipes.
Speaker 4: You've actually.
Speaker 5: Know so you haven't got a packet of those, You've actually got proper paper.
Speaker 2: Enemy number one for the environment.
Speaker 4: It's true or false you had to dig up your backyard because you've blocked your own sewer.
Speaker 5: I didn't, but a member of the family with those win down gold flushed and Patsy's actual loo paper.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just like loose toilet paper that I got from I know you mean when you're it happens.
Speaker 2: I think a lot in gentlemen's toilets. They don't get served as much.
Speaker 3: And there's nothing worse you think, right, I've concluded my session as you said it, And then you're like, and that the winner fortune.
Speaker 2: It's the win of misfortune that don't don't know. There's no clean up material.
Speaker 3: If you used to sock before, yeah, and put it on like a really nice girtve puppet.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, mister, You're gonna get clean up, mister poopy. And one was enough, so take.
Speaker 4: One's going down the other one.
Speaker 2: And that's my story. Good morning. You're welcome, use your songs. Glove it puppet, Wow.
Speaker 1: Christian know connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show, Christian, I hear you. I was once on a mountain by ride and I really had to go, that's what socks arepho. Well, don't Tim, Yeah, some people are adaptive.
Speaker 4: Well he said that's what socks Arephore. You said that.
Speaker 2: He said that.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you got a brother out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Fellow adapter survivalists Kate Smith, Good morning, Christian. What was the book you recommended to Jack. It's called Unreasonable Hospitality is by Will Guaddea. I think that's he pronounce his surname. I've almost finished it. It's very very good. I can't recommend it enough. I'm thinking, actually, I read a lot of nonfiction. Do you read more non fiction than novels or fiction?
Speaker 4: I go fiction, non fiction, fiction, non fiction, I go one.
Speaker 3: Fiction three nonfiction. Actually seriously thinking about starting a book club a nonfiction book club, because most book clubs are all about fiction, so I can talk with other light minded humans about unreasonable hospitality in their lives. Don't think he's gone quiet, my friends, do not think is gone quite. Secret maneuvers is what we've been on overnight whilst you're sleeping. We are preparing for the next attack. And when we can reveal it, it's all I can say. That's all I can say. All right, So the Rebel Bin Army, what is the Rebel Bin Army? We're asking for your bins. We have stickers promoting the show. Normally might see breakfast shows. They have big billboard advertisings.
Speaker 2: We don't have those. They all have taken our marketing money and given it.
Speaker 3: Don't smoove my microphone. So angry about this, gut damn it. They're just taking that microphone, give it to God and jack yours. That's the how that man has.
Speaker 2: Right now, we can invisibly move my microphone into his big old paw, hands off and grabbing my microphone back. Right now, I'm going to sleep with it under my bellow gal.
Speaker 3: Anyway, they've taken our marketing money because we work for the same Megacorp Radio, Megacorp Enterprises, so we have their marketing money. All we have is your bins. We've got some stickers. Do you not join our rebel bin army? Where can you put the stickers? Christian and team have a confession to make we love your show. My grandson Sam, who is a grade sixer target audience, desperately wanted bitch stickers. So now I went on to your website to find out you've got to be eighteen and over.
Speaker 4: Why have you got to be eighteen and over?
Speaker 3: If the young generation care about the bins and this breakfast show, let them so put Sam's name and my details on the registration for Oh my word, well we want the bins back.
Speaker 2: That is brought to guess what he won one of your mutler's bin clean.
Speaker 3: Young Hello, young fellow, you really care about a clean bin and the Christian show.
Speaker 4: It says on this form that you're forty five years okay.
Speaker 2: Benjamin Button, where's the bin?
Speaker 3: That's a rusty and Helen Wilson and young Sam, thank you very much for your bins.
Speaker 2: Christian.
Speaker 3: My binstick is proudly displayed in Cockatoo Victoria.
Speaker 2: Well done. Thank you very much, Debbie. Christian, Well, I haven't seen any binstickers in Marla BArch.
Speaker 3: I'd love to promote the show. Melissa will send them out today.
Speaker 2: Christian.
Speaker 3: I'm in a binsticker for country Victoria Delsford. Reception out here is pretty ordinary for you guys, so I listen to the podcast. Congratulations on your six years. Thank you very much, Wendy Avery. Now, obviously most of you you listen to the show, you're around rounded about Victoria Delsford maybe, but inner Melbourne as well. And somebody has been on a very very special mission to secure the broader premises for the show against the Invading Army.
Speaker 2: Carl and Jackie O.
Speaker 15: Hi, Christian, it's Bilindaship here. Just got back from our road trip to Ella Springs. I went on a Rebelden Army mission for you and took five of your stickers with me. Two stickers at the major rest stops on the Stuart Highway in South Australia. One at the Island Lagoon bookout. Second one is at the Bonbond rest stop. Third sticker is that the welcome to Koobuped sign, so that's the open mining town. Fourth one is at the border of South Australia and Northern Territory rest stop and the Lucky Last Farm which is two thousand and two hundred and sixty four kilometers from Gold one oh four point three. Is that the welcome to Alice Springs sign. I had so much fun Christian, and the missions being completed, I look forward to the next one. Signing off private to Linda.
Speaker 3: That is the private Thank you very much and get this someone has spotted her work.
Speaker 10: Hello Christian, this is Margaret Smith calling you from the is Rock Resort in the Northern two tree.
Speaker 3: By the way, is this the poshous most well spoken person we have listened to the show Sonny is at my time with these headphones here, I've never heard of poshua list Hello.
Speaker 10: Christian, this is Margaret Smith calling you from the Airs Rock Resort in the Northern Territory, currently on holiday up here and just wanted to get hold of you to let you know that on our way up in the northern part of South Australia, when we took a rist at the bon Bon camp site, we came across your Christian O'Connell Binstiker and we were amazed to see that the Army is on the March. I just wanted to share this delightful news with you.
Speaker 2: This is incredible.
Speaker 3: I love it in my mind. She looks like Olivia Coleman or Living Coleman's mom. She's Living Coleman's mom.
Speaker 1: Christian no connall's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show. Christian had a big old curry last night. Please give away thick socks for the time waster hashtag three place sock puppet, Steve.
Speaker 2: That is a very good on it. It's a multi purpose sock. If you ever need to, you can.
Speaker 4: To the sock we gave away. You would never risk that.
Speaker 3: That's that school role, you know, tracing paper basically double as tracing paper and lou rolls at school.
Speaker 2: Christian, what are the odds?
Speaker 3: Brett is also reasoning unreasonable hospitality right now and enjoying it.
Speaker 2: Christian.
Speaker 3: If you're forming a non fiction book club, I'd love to join you and Jack should read Delivering Happiness by Tony Hesh. I'd have a look at that. I have read the other one, Turning to Ship Around by David Marquette. That's very good, Brett. You can join my nonfiction book club right now. Then we need to recruit some new numbers in our rebel bin army. We're down to the last seven hundred or so bin stickers and we want them all gone with the next seven days. They have work to do in the year twenty twenty four. The Christian O'Connell show is under attack. Radio insurgents have breached the city walls. Every billboard has been seized, but a rebel alliance is forming.
Speaker 2: If you you have a board, you just have to call the Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 3: The only marketing we have right now up against invading our army of Carl and Jackie O and the huge war chest. Are your bins. We have stickers. We need your bins in our rubber bin army. You pick your own rank nine four one four three. Good morning to Admiral Adam.
Speaker 7: Good morning Christian Admiral Admiral Adam.
Speaker 13: Reporting for Judy.
Speaker 4: It is a bit of a time question.
Speaker 3: It is actually yeah said ten times if we give you the stickers, yeah, Admiral Adam, you can have the ben stickers.
Speaker 2: And where are you securing? Which area around.
Speaker 1: Melbourne Batanic Ridge?
Speaker 2: Mate? Thank you very the ridge? Yeah? Please, yes, you kill the ridges? Thank you?
Speaker 11: Big, big keep movement in Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Admiral Adam, say it back to me.
Speaker 3: Don't come on, you can, Admiral Adam him, you can be the admiral you always wanted to be.
Speaker 11: It's Admiral Adam.
Speaker 2: And well done. Let's go to Corporal Christina. Good morning, Good.
Speaker 7: Morning, Christian. Corporal Christina, ready for comeback against the infidels.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much.
Speaker 11: C C.
Speaker 2: Where are you keeping us safe? Lovely? Yeah? Yeah, lasting Bron and his infidels. We don't want that. In Patsy's news today.
Speaker 3: Corporal Christina, thank you very much. Welcome to ben Armine. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 2: Who's this General Dog's body.
Speaker 7: Yes it is, it's tests, the General dogs Body.
Speaker 2: Hello, General dogs Body test, Hello.
Speaker 7: Christian and team. I want to be part of the army. Please represent Coldstream in the ARABLLI.
Speaker 2: Yes, Yara Fanny. Have you seen many Binstickers out there?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 7: I know, but I'm in bed really early, so they're probably there and I just sleep through it, right, okay.
Speaker 3: I have no understand the low ambition of rank in this army. You choose whatever ran you want, Dogs.
Speaker 7: Body, General dogs Body of trust me every thousands of them.
Speaker 2: Out there, right, gotcha? I trust you.
Speaker 3: Hi, General dogs body tests. We'll send you a load of our bench stickers. Okay, thank you for joining the army.
Speaker 2: Thank you calling from bed now they're Admiral, They not Adam. It's a troubled rank. Admiral Annette.
Speaker 7: Yes, Christian recording for duty.
Speaker 2: Right, gotcha? And where about you are going to be securing with the ben stickers.
Speaker 13: I'm in Pomonal in the Grampians.
Speaker 2: Bloody. Have you seen any around the Grampians?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 7: But I intend to get some are around there.
Speaker 3: Oh, I hear that Carla say is hiding there, hiding hole amongst those big old trees.
Speaker 13: Right that most of our bins were burnt in a bushbire in February.
Speaker 7: And now we've all got new bins, so they're all going to get a stick up.
Speaker 3: Some nice shiny new binstickers are coming. You're way okay, thank you, Thank you, Admiral Annette. And one last one who we got here, Marshall.
Speaker 2: Marshall Mickey reporting for Tudor Christian Marshall Mookie. And where about are you going to be securing with the win stickers Mansfield in the high country.
Speaker 3: Oh, lovely Mansfield in the High Country, protect high and the ridges of course today.
Speaker 2: A right, thank you very much for joining the bin Army, my friend Sharh. Wait, thank you. We can start now.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, coming up next. Then signs you an adults?
Speaker 3: Suddenly you'll be doing something or you get excited about doing something that twenty year old you would have found intensely boring. But now this new, old and more mature version of you is suddenly finding deep peace and serenity from doing it. Jackie boy, what is a new sign that you're an adult?
Speaker 4: I'm flying to the Gold Coast this afternoon and on Monday, I pre booked airport parking, something I've never done before.
Speaker 2: This is high level of dan. I always do that pre parking. It's so much easier.
Speaker 3: You turn up there, the barrier raises, you find your parking spot, and if you go into the terminal of Minnesqueta.
Speaker 5: It's cheaper too, isn't it. If your pre book the first discount, you always everything.
Speaker 3: Actually you put the details in what terminals you've got that short walk through the tunnel.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was idiot proved because it said terminal three in brackets virgin So I couldn't get that wrong.
Speaker 2: And you'll fly a jet Star for me once? Oh no, not this guy. So are they flying you up there for this charity to go?
Speaker 4: Going as a guest of Taylor Made golf clubs.
Speaker 2: Must be nice? Wow? All that shiny kit, a lot of pressure, all kit. I'm sure he's going to smash those goals. There's no room.
Speaker 4: There's no room.
Speaker 2: There's no room in there.
Speaker 3: Patsy, be fine, You'll be great, Jack, you will once you get this amazing. It's hard to forget about it. The bright colors keep catching my eye. We've had some special tailor may dare you say?
Speaker 2: Top for Jack to work? Because you're not on the show tomorrow it's golfing.
Speaker 4: Maybe maybe I should work because I'm going as a guest of Tailor Made. It would make sense to where their apparels so.
Speaker 3: They pay you on your salary. No, no, there, we cleared that one up. And as you start working from full time, it's awkward. That was, wasn't it, Patsy?
Speaker 2: What's his s?
Speaker 5: I was having suit for lunch yesterday and I couldn't read the instructions on the back of it. So I did have to take a photo of the instruction days How small.
Speaker 2: Is it that point one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got some herbal tea either then I couldn't work out the right dose it. Don't want to take too much but not too little dangerous right in between two dangerous worlds there and take a photo of it and expand it.
Speaker 2: And also perhaps by the way, what do you mean the instruction for soup?
Speaker 4: I instructions for her Just as.
Speaker 2: You know soup. It has been around empty.
Speaker 5: It was tomato soup and sometimes tricky.
Speaker 2: So many people one support machines right now? Too much soup.
Speaker 5: It's the milk the water ratio that you have to get wrong.
Speaker 2: Who's put milk in a sup?
Speaker 5: My mum puts milk in tomato soup and it's delicious, really yes, cream your bit of skim action yea.
Speaker 2: And what does that do?
Speaker 5: It just makes it creamy up.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: But you've got to be very careful because it concurd all very quickly.
Speaker 4: You have to read.
Speaker 3: You gotta read the back of that soup. Care My friends, see, this is what it is to be a grown up guys. Young kids are going. I don't want to be like them and have a radio show. You've got something you could say to my interest in micron talk about soup and creaming it up.
Speaker 1: Christ you know Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 3: O'Connor's show, signs You're an adult nine four one four one oh four three. Patsy, you may have one of these already, but my wife brought something the other day. She keeps trying to persuade me to use. My wife is several years older than me, and I said, I'm not giving them that too soon. I'd rather struggle. She's got one of those long hand or shoehorns.
Speaker 5: Oh the love God's got one of Yes.
Speaker 2: She goes, Chris. It's so much easier. And let's know what you do where you're grinding down the back of the shoe. I go, I don't care. I still want to know.
Speaker 3: I've been doing that since there was a kid. I still want to know I can do that into my fifties. You know, she's got that save so much time you just slipping on like that. There's the reason why the shops use these.
Speaker 2: You know. She's got a long hand on one. She loves this.
Speaker 4: Does that have something to hang it up as well as it does?
Speaker 2: It goes yeah, yeah, yeah, Patsy, have you got one?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Chris has Do you use it?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 5: I don't. I just shove my pig trotter into my shoes.
Speaker 2: Did you do that thing of bread and room in the back too?
Speaker 5: Absolutely? And I don't even undo the license now.
Speaker 2: I don't know the how as we do. No, no idea, no no.
Speaker 3: You've been doing these out for a couple of years. Twenty years from now you will be. You're the same as Patris.
Speaker 4: I'm worried that your shoes aren't secure on your foot. You're able to slip in and out. I often trip over the other day. It's because of unsecured footing. But I'll sacrifice that. I'll take the fall. I will take the fall. But I'm the same as you pass. I just haven't got the energy.
Speaker 5: The news doesn't like Jack. It's waiting for me to get in. It's like, hurry up, Patsy, get in right that.
Speaker 2: Year patch and I like the ugly sisters that give me that prince.
Speaker 4: I've got another example you're just reminded me of though. That signs you're an adult. My Pilarates teacher was walking around with her shoes undone because she said I have to slip them on an off a lot to demonstrate the exercise. I thought, that's not good. IHO laces danger in the workplace there and the pilates class.
Speaker 3: And then for me, so that I've become an adult, is I won't watch any movie now to have checked out the runtime, it fiel's actually a very dangerous way to live your life, going might We watched a movie of the week and my wife went, Chris, if you check the.
Speaker 4: Runtimes and then you okay to bed?
Speaker 3: Okay, so half for eleven solf back to them half eleven, ten to fifty minutes to lock up?
Speaker 2: Do you when I let the dogs out? Now, I'll get that done.
Speaker 3: Let's put our pjs and coaches on now, so we're properly ready for Betty Buys.
Speaker 4: When they said two halves we could watchwas you go.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have to do it over two nights? Yeah, we agree, okay, press plane.
Speaker 3: But years ago I didn't care. No, I know where the Godfather came out. I wasn't worrying about the run time. Three hours and even notice three hours it's dived in.
Speaker 2: All right, there's team for.
Speaker 3: Some courses signs you an adult nine four one four one four three Lauren, good.
Speaker 1: Morning, Good morning, Christian.
Speaker 2: All right, what's it for you? Sign you're a grown up?
Speaker 8: Okay? So I have a boot organizer, so it's like a fuck. It's pretty sturdy, and it's got it's got two sections and pockets on the side, and I put like my shopping bags in there and my little portable dog bowl. But what's really sad about this contraction in my boot is the way I came to acquire it, and that it was actually given to my stepdaughter when she got her license by an elderly friend, and I gave her so much grief over it that she decided not to use it. And I found it under her bed one day and I went, oh, let's give this a crack again.
Speaker 3: Sometimes what we judge we become. That is incredible. I'm actually envious of that. My boots are tipped there at the it.
Speaker 13: Fits so much.
Speaker 8: I have my running gear, i have a blanket, I've got like an extra pair of shoes.
Speaker 4: It's sad that I want to see a photo of it.
Speaker 2: Looks like I'd imagine it's pleasing to open up. Was mine? It's just stress.
Speaker 3: Things come tumbling out into the road. When I ever put shopping in there, you've got.
Speaker 2: To mush it on.
Speaker 4: You try to close.
Speaker 2: It's not going to be just I'm.
Speaker 3: Really sorry, digital beeper, but stay close. If it sounds like you've got.
Speaker 5: One patch, Oh, they're brilliant. House has got yours is probably the same. They've got velcrow on the bottom so they stick to the carpet.
Speaker 2: To stop sliping sliding around.
Speaker 5: But they're brilliant for like bottles and stuff. Yeah, because so they don't roll around. You just pop them up right and they stay up right. They're amazing.
Speaker 2: Is that for your wine bottle?
Speaker 5: I love taking the empty spat.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell show podcast Christian O'Connell's show.
Speaker 2: This is exciting.
Speaker 3: The boy becomes a man a coming of age live on the radio right now here on Christian O'Connell's show, God one I four point three. A couple of weeks ago, Jack came to me and he said, please, sir, can I have a Friday day off? And I said, you've got to be kidding me. We're a war right now at KNJA, What the hell can it be for?
Speaker 2: And then he told me.
Speaker 3: This guy cares so much about charity. He wants to surrender a day of working to give back to others. I was like, good God, good God, what an amazing man. Can you believe this who works amongst us are very radio Jesus. You know he wants to help people out. So tomorrow are you playing golf.
Speaker 4: At the Mick Fenning Charity Golf Day.
Speaker 3: Emphasizing the word charity to hear that he's emphasizing that. So all the stars are assembling. This isn't for the rest of us that have to do a four day week. It's actually just a four day week. This week have forced to do bleeding hands a four day week. Jack was like, no, I can't do that, So it's going out to play tomorrow. I said, absolutely, You got my best intentions. Enjoy the festivities and the golf. I said, but on one condition that obviously you're not on the show, but you can still promote the show up there. Everything is an opportunity, a bigger cage like that, paparazzi, ems C and M probably up with the helicopter.
Speaker 2: You know they're all going to be there.
Speaker 3: We have some sports golf merchandising which has been very beautifully and artistically designed, subtle, classy. Let you get on the great course you're playing tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Okay, and then why did you spit your tea as you look in the bag?
Speaker 2: Actually, you know what it was. I am ashamed of myself. I felt jeanous. I wish I could wear something as subtle as that.
Speaker 4: Let's rip off the bend and see how very dare you?
Speaker 3: This has been weeks in the making. And also it really has been weeks in the making, lovely that the team have. I did ask her to be wrapped so it would look nice. It's just in a brown paper bag, so I think you'd have boozing.
Speaker 2: If you could.
Speaker 3: Jersey to chat there, and his first reaction is always just first reaction, open it, open it up, and.
Speaker 2: Beauty love, and.
Speaker 4: I'm opening it up. Yep, just as I thought, are way too obnoxiously huge.
Speaker 2: He's calling the show obnoxious.
Speaker 3: When you say I want to be turning on the World of Sport to see you in action, seeing our show on your chest.
Speaker 4: You joke about the scene in helicopter being in the sky. They will be able to see this.
Speaker 2: It's marketing promotional worst, the sponsorship.
Speaker 4: The only shirt you can see from space.
Speaker 3: Oh no, Jay, you're the first athlete we've signed to the Christiana Car Show.
Speaker 4: So it's got the Christian Oconnor Show logo way too big on the front wag and then the back says the postman always delivers, which actually you're welcome. See now, why did you get it in a double XL Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, let's just all think together right now. Chances of this being worn tomorrow nada.
Speaker 4: I can just tell by the material as well that you went for the discount.
Speaker 2: Is so true, so true. Oh my god, that is so stylish.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: That looks Fanning is going to be jealous. He's going to want that. Actually, that looks really good. Honestly, I thought, where's Jack gone, where's job? There's a pro go for golfer in the studio.
Speaker 5: Go for the right thing that looks very smart with the nice black trout it.
Speaker 4: Well, i'll pack it in the suitcase.
Speaker 2: I gave you one condition. You agreed you'd wear the shirt.
Speaker 4: I just hope the baggage handlers don't lose my leg. I will consider it.
Speaker 2: I will consider you can't have the day off tomorrow.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Christian O'Connell's show.
Speaker 3: Today for the best in show and time way stuff you went a two hundred and fifty VP fuel voucher twenty five thousand Quantus points.
Speaker 2: Today is thank a Pilot Day.
Speaker 4: Thank you guys.
Speaker 2: The whole stuff up there in the sky for keeping us safe. Team.
Speaker 3: What do we think are Australian's top five most popular flight destinations?
Speaker 2: By country?
Speaker 4: Frasic Coast O sorry, by country Bali Indonesia.
Speaker 3: Of course, you know Australians very well. Why travel this beautiful country? You know, go to Northern Territories or Broom or w or Marcaret River, go and go on a kon tiki tour, get a horrible tattoo you regret.
Speaker 2: In Bali, Thailand not in the top five. New Zealand bang at number two.
Speaker 3: What about the UK sitting strong at number four, the the Queens died, I reckon it's dripping down a bit. Usa is at number three, wow, and then one else one country remaining Fiji Japan.
Speaker 5: Everyone is going to Japan right now every second person. No, it's just like it's you guys.
Speaker 2: Want to go recommend it?
Speaker 5: Yes, they say it's amazing.
Speaker 4: I was working.
Speaker 3: We just had at tracks. Amazing travel reports literally is one word review.
Speaker 5: Yes, amazing country, great food, things to do, beautiful scenery, blossom season.
Speaker 2: I want to go and see the blossoms. Yeah, it just looks so beautiful. Where did you go? Pats? No, I haven't the way you were still going? He had more to say than track. Who's been there?
Speaker 5: It's like everyone I know is going at the moment. My sister in law is taking all her grandchildren and every everyone's going.
Speaker 2: Everyone's doing the place to be. You reckon this season?
Speaker 5: Oh, I would like to go.
Speaker 2: In other words, hello travel companies, slide ride in flows, Petrina.
Speaker 5: Jones d MS the Langham got one in Japan.
Speaker 2: All right, so we're looking for your flying bands.
Speaker 4: Let's see who I've done songs? What have you done?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 2: I done flying bands?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 5: You can do either or nah.
Speaker 2: It gets confusing, peraps. You've got to have a rule on these someone.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, hang on, I've seen no these are songs. Actually, So I was flying so high there I felt the need for speed.
Speaker 2: Math.
Speaker 3: Oh, my god, like math, but I was whiting out like math does got it smells like aviation spirits.
Speaker 4: Yep, so you've done the right thing. It's not funny.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, wow, let's see what yours are like, King of comedy.
Speaker 4: It's never good to go second in the right.
Speaker 2: Brothers in Arms do you even know who they are? Who are they?
Speaker 4: They were the first people to invent flying.
Speaker 2: They were humans that flew right.
Speaker 3: Brothers in Arms silver plus, return to assender, silver eat, ticket to Bronze, come on his e tickets plans this smart guys. It's on the nose and the tower frequency, Kenneth Gold. If you work up in the tower, you know that it's all about that TF tower frequency.
Speaker 2: Summer's radio. I got the.
Speaker 4: Backstreet boys are actually flying fuselage few good men say once more the futilager than live use large. Wow what did I get for that? Bron pull the notes through in the sky.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, pilot.
Speaker 4: Eyes, pilot eyes is good.
Speaker 2: That's gold. Yeah, pinet eyes watching me watching you, pilot eyes. That's very good.
Speaker 4: Ever, leavin's up in the sky, not with skater boy, with aviator boy.
Speaker 2: Oh that's all so good.
Speaker 4: Gold and Chris Isaac singing. Somebody's flying, somebody's flying, somebody's crying.
Speaker 5: The earbags around.
Speaker 2: Bronz.
Speaker 3: All right, send us yours on thank you Pilot Day. We're looking for your plain songs. Text them in right now, Oh full seven five three, one oh four three best in show. You get twenty five thousand Quantus points and you get a free tank of fuel US two hundred and fifty dollars BP voucher.
Speaker 1: Good luck Well Christian no connall's show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show. Turn them out the time waste your plain songs you can wear for the Western Show today. Two hundred and fifty dollars BP fuel voucher and twenty five thousand Quantus points. Earn five times Quantus points every time you fill up and shop at BP. By the twenty fifth of June. All right, let's clear the runways. Let's get these big birds up in the sky.
Speaker 2: Oh we'll begin with the one.
Speaker 3: A reference to a good friend of yours. Someone's got a great recall, mister Ralph at number one for Jack.
Speaker 4: I don't know, sadly, I don't know the song. Of course I know the reference A man who helps us get discounted flights to the US. Thank you, mister Ralph, and that us is Jack and his family.
Speaker 2: Okay, anyone's secret, that's very.
Speaker 4: Kind of We're not excited, but what a great contacts.
Speaker 2: What heavily heavily discounted what we were talking eighty percent?
Speaker 4: You would be sickened. You would be sick.
Speaker 2: Sick of me right now?
Speaker 5: Nine like the first class for economy.
Speaker 4: Fair, we go business class for less than the price of economy.
Speaker 5: Get out of town.
Speaker 2: Sickond I asked me sick, and he's sick.
Speaker 4: That is shout. Sometimes the universe just gives you a special friend you get.
Speaker 3: I just said you have an abundance of those, mister Ralph, sweet habit of mind. Mm silver, Sir Oliver, I'm still boarding cold cold. I find it so stressful with that whole boarding and when everyone just jumps up the moment.
Speaker 4: I bet you get up straight away, gets up straight away.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I can't off. I don't know what it is. I don't like it. It's stressing in there. It's taking them so long open the flipping doors.
Speaker 4: Guess where I am. I'm still seated away everyone.
Speaker 2: Boy with his skateboard in his arms and a wallet chain.
Speaker 3: O god, he's so dangerous. Look at that wild guy, but he's got flick nine.
Speaker 2: Streaked up. That's Mark.
Speaker 3: By the way, I'm still boarding under cabin pressure. Queen and Bowie Silver plus ninety nine Hot air Balloon, Sammy literally done.
Speaker 4: Bronze, black Box, Betty Silver.
Speaker 2: Teenage sick Bag.
Speaker 3: That's some Sue went on, Sue, will wake me up before you land land silvera single ladies put a wing on it. Bronze leaving on a lear jet plane brom We didn't start the spitfire Gold, good reference.
Speaker 2: Cock pit me with your rhythmstick set. Nervous about reading that one out loud. I've got to be lot of anxiety. Bell stuck in the langgic for that one.
Speaker 4: Silver.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can move on the eye of the Tiger Airlines no.
Speaker 4: Longer with us, Yeah, rest in pace, Gold, Okay, who is the show? Teenage sick Bag weld under Sue.
Speaker 3: Well done, so shout out to Sue. And of course did it departed? We miss them Tiger Airlines.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Christian O'Connell's show an emotional farewell right now on the show broadcaster, content creator, influencer, golfer, winner, competitor, am I talking about myself not Pansy Jack post swing low, swing slow.
Speaker 4: Okay, now it won't be gone. You won't miss me on the show tomorrow, call me anytime.
Speaker 2: Weeks ago, when he said can I have Friday off to go and attend a golf day?
Speaker 4: You said golf day.
Speaker 3: He's emphasising that when asked in the charity, it gets pretty flimsy listener, pretty something to do with floods. Of all I've heard, he doesn't know whether it's anti floods or probe them.
Speaker 4: Just said, I just said mixed. When he wants somebody there, he wants me there. Who am I to say no, you can't and we can't know that we can't.
Speaker 3: But initially Patsy was like, and look I'll stay and through the post Thursday show meeting and show commitment. We just said you stick around for the meeting. This radio station very is half an hour to the airport. It'd be easy to bring the stuff here and go. This guy suddenly forgot.
Speaker 2: His golf clubs.
Speaker 5: Oh how convenient.
Speaker 2: Tommy's going to go and clean his shafts.
Speaker 4: I mean, wow, pre minute, I think the worst of me. I want the best of you.
Speaker 2: I want I want the best of you. I get I've forgotten the golf club.
Speaker 3: She's going to go back and get those tailor mates and get on that private jet.
Speaker 4: And if I was staying around to playing tomorrow, shild only gets said that I'm not here. I'll be thinking for you guys on the course on Friday. Thank you.
Speaker 3: Six to nine, putching away, putching away. On tomorrow's show. There for those that are attending, we can actually speak to him tomorrow morning, Patsy, right before he teases.
Speaker 5: I want to speak to you before the first t plays, I want to course report the lot.
Speaker 4: You'll see what I can do, Perhaus.
Speaker 2: You can put it in the eight thirty sports. Ye leads other that is just a lines and killed the game.
Speaker 3: So actually is the best watching gown. And also photos of you in that glady, how that.
Speaker 2: Is It's hard to.
Speaker 4: I didn't know at the bottom of the bag. He gave me a Christian polo to golf in. And also, yeah, a visor.
Speaker 2: Advisor does look good.
Speaker 4: It makes me look like I'm a McDonald's employee, ready to take your order through the drive.
Speaker 2: You could double up. Things don't work out on tomorrow's show.
Speaker 3: Then you don't see that every day you see anything weird unusual out in the ordinary this week.
Speaker 2: Last week I.
Speaker 12: Saw a very sleep convertible just in the suburb of caram Down with a massive moose head in the back of it with big antlers with a seatbelt on.
Speaker 15: Got out of the car that can walk into work.
Speaker 7: This morning I were in Mulgrove and three hot air balloons are going over the top of it.
Speaker 13: Antonio Bandera's character Zoro on a horse just randomly there. He was galloping on his beautiful the jeweled horse. He has a full outfit on.
Speaker 12: He had a mask on.
Speaker 13: I've never seen anything like it and probably never will again.
Speaker 3: I don't think the phrase for jeweled horse have never been said on breakfast radio in Australia.
Speaker 2: What a time to be like Jack. Enjoy tomorrow, have fun.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast