Speaker 1: Here in the vast plains of Adelaide, South Australia, two young males engage in an ancient ritual known as a podcast. Its purpose, to attract mates. And by mates, we mean listeners. They're both married. So please don't slide into their DMs. Their names are Ben and Liam.
Speaker 2: Well, hi there, podcaster. G'day there, podcaster.
Speaker 3: Hello and welcome to Bin Wines. A fun episode today. The boss said so.
Speaker 2: Ain't they all?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but this just felt fun the whole way through. Sometimes there's fun, but there's little patches of like, what were we really talking about there? But this, I don't know, just felt like a fun show throughout.
Speaker 2: Hey, look, why don't we rip into it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because we went a bit sloppy at the front yesterday, and we don't traditionally like.
Speaker 2: To do that. Yeah, and when we come back, we'll get through some business. Oh, good morning, Adelaide.
Speaker 3: I had a good bloody win this morning. I tell you what, it was green bin day yesterday. And you know how you're not supposed to put too much soil in there?
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: I sort of ran the gauntlet because we're moving homes and have a lot of pots full of soil. And I was like, look, it's probably fine. Like I didn't want to like fill the whole thing with soil, but I was like, I reckon I could do a quarter and I'll sprinkle a bit in the neighbors as well. And I'll take out their bin for them.
Speaker 2: Didn't you need the soil in your pots when you were moving?
Speaker 3: Uh the so we have lots of pots because it's just like a courtyard there's like nothing to plant in and there's lots of alive plants and then there's lots of dead ones and right and if i want to get real technical like the new place has plants in it so there's like i don't need all these pots yeah um but even like for a proper green bin if it's a quarter full of soil it's heavy as hell like it's like And I know it's a giant mechanical arm, but it will still... I've had stickers in the past.
Speaker 2: There's a scale on the arm.
Speaker 3: Oh, is there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so if it's over a certain way, they don't pick it up.
Speaker 3: Well, guess what this morning? Bloody took it, didn't they?
Speaker 2: Got it.
Speaker 3: Bang.
Speaker 2: The only time... Let's go!
Speaker 3: I was so nervous. I was like, ooh, I really don't want to have to deal with this. And I opened it. Completely gone. So thank you, Adelaide City Council.
Speaker 2: The only time I've ever had a bin that they didn't take was we have like a verandahed area with grapevines on it. And it's a pretty look out, but it's a nightmare for maintenance because they're wine grapes. So they do grape up quite a bit in summer. And they were falling on the deck and they were staining the deck. And I was like, I've got to get rid of these grapes. So I cut the entire grapevine down.
Speaker 3: I remember that.
Speaker 2: The grapes and all. And I just shoved it all. And I managed to somehow get it all in the green bin, like full to the brim. And then what happened was all of the grapes liquefied. And it basically turned into a brew. A nice wine. A bin wine. It turned into a bin wine. But it was so heavy of bin wine, they didn't take it.
Speaker 3: Well, this is the thing. And hopefully this audio doesn't come back to bite me. But now that I've done this one, the next time the green bin comes, we'll be out of this rental. So I'm just going to put a chockers to the brim and say.
Speaker 1: See ya.
Speaker 2: Whoa. That's a nightmare for the next person.
Speaker 3: Not my problem.
Speaker 2: Nightmare.
Speaker 3: Yeah. They're all Adelaide show. Not too far away. We've obviously got men and lambs haunted house presented by Hollywood horrors. If you like getting spooked, we'll see you there. Um, now we've, we've heard that a woman called Vanessa got in touch with the radio station. Apparently very, very excited about the haunted house. Um, has done it in the past, the Hollywood Horrors House, multiple times. Vanessa in North Haven, how many times did you go through the Hollywood House of Horrors last year?
Speaker 4: Good morning, Ben and Liam. Last year, my daughter, Tabitha, and I, we went through the house 13 times. on the first day of the show. We're going every year on the first day. But yeah, 13 times.
Speaker 3: So you did it 13 times?
Speaker 4: Yes, 13 times.
Speaker 2: Because obviously you like getting spooked. Did you do it 13 times because of the number 13 or was that just because you had to feel?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the spookiest number.
Speaker 4: No, but we just love it. We love horror movies. We love the thrill of it. We love seeing people line up and being so scared. It's kind of like the fun thing of the day. Like, you know, it's different in the daytime. It's more scary at night. But, yeah, we love it. And believe it or not, we went back to the show a second time a few days later, and we probably went on about six or seven more times.
Speaker 2: Goodness gracious.
Speaker 3: I know it's spooky. I know it's great fun. But surely when you're going through on your 20th time, you're expecting people to put... You know the guy's going to come out with the chainsaw when you turn that corner, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Oh, we do, but I can tell you what, it doesn't make it any less scarier. You actually get more scared because you know what's coming.
Speaker 3: It gets scarier each time.
Speaker 4: It's great.
Speaker 3: I just love... Yeah, I'm so glad you're such a fan. I mean, it goes without saying we'll send you along again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll send you along to the Royal Show and, of course, the Haunted House.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, that would be awesome, because, yeah, we, like I said, probably in the last, like, three years, we've probably done it close to 50 times.
Speaker 2: You've got to hold the record. You've got to be the person in Adelaide who's done Hollywood Horror's Haunted House the most.
Speaker 3: Like, the Freddy Krueger person would be more scared of you now, because it's like the 50th time.
Speaker 4: They're back!
Speaker 2: They're trying to kill us! What are they doing?
Speaker 4: It's actually funny you say that, because last year, as soon as they saw us coming to, like, again, they're like, you guys need, like, a VIP pass or something. So we were like, yeah, if only, but, um, Yeah, the guy, like, the ride is so amazing. We cannot wait to see you guys inside, like, on the walls as, like, zombies. But, yeah, it is the most fun. And everyone in Adelaide should go do it because if they can't, they're missing out.
Speaker 2: It's crazy because anyone listening to this would potentially think that you're a plan.
Speaker 3: You're a set-up caller.
Speaker 2: You sound set-up, but you're real.
Speaker 3: And you have actually gone through the scare house. 50 times.
Speaker 2: I imagine the fella.
Speaker 3: You just love being spooked.
Speaker 2: I imagine the fella at the end with the chainsaw who goes, oh, hey, Vanessa.
Speaker 5: What's up?
Speaker 3: Do you want me to do the thing?
Speaker 6: Oh, yes.
Speaker 3: Should I chase you now?
Speaker 2: How about you chase me this time?
Speaker 3: Yeah, mix it up. Oh, I love it. I love it. Well, yes, we'll send you along. Goes without saying, Vanessa. Can we do. What have you done how many times? Yeah. Because, I mean, that's sort of unbelievable to me that someone would... Go through a spook house 50 times.
Speaker 2: Producer Belle, how many times have you watched Gossip Girl?
Speaker 7: Gossip Girl, as of this year, I just finished it for the sixth time.
Speaker 3: Sixth time.
Speaker 7: And there's six seasons.
Speaker 3: It's insane. It's insane. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Sex and the City, I'm up to number five.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 8: Mr.
Speaker 3: Big's still going to do her over every time.
Speaker 2: How many times have you done what?
Speaker 3: What have you done how many times? Rose in Farringdon Park, what about you?
Speaker 5: Good morning, guys. I booked a balloon flight at the Barossa Valley.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And we went and we decided we'd do a weekend up there beforehand 13 times before the flight took off.
Speaker 3: Oh, hang on. So, because I've also done... the same thing in Barossa, and obviously it's very weather dependent. So do you mean you.
Speaker 2: Very.
Speaker 3: So you went out with the intention to get up on the balloon 13 different times before the weather conditions were right to get up.
Speaker 5: Exactly.
Speaker 2: Oh, my goodness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay. I mean, that's not like by choice. That's more just an unlucky thing. Because we went, got up first time. I did it with Producer Bell, actually.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Of course.
Speaker 3: We had our partners there, by the way. It sounds like a bit of a romantic thing. I was there with my wife and.
Speaker 2: She was there with her partner at the time. Why didn't I hear about this? After the 10th time, I'd start to worry about the weather. Yeah, 13 times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, 13. Once again, it's that number. It's almost like, do you want to get up there? It's pretty awesome once you get up in a hot air balloon, though. It's sort of like you don't have that engine sound. It very much feels like you're just floating through the air.
Speaker 2: You just get that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just have that flame above your head. There's definitely a little bit of trust you have to have in the system.
Speaker 2: You good, Darren? Yeah, good, guys.
Speaker 3: Sandra in Holden Hill. Tell us, what have you done? How many times?
Speaker 11: Well, good morning, Ben and Liam. Between my husband and I, we've watched the franchise series of all the Fast and Furious, probably 10 to 15 times or more each.
Speaker 2: As in, you've watched the entire franchise all the way through?
Speaker 3: All, like, how the nine movies or whatever they're up to now. You've done that.
Speaker 11: Up to 10.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 12: Whoop!
Speaker 3: And if there's one key message that those films give away, if you had to pull it down to one single word, what would that word be, Sandra?
Speaker 1: Family.
Speaker 6: That's it.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 3: Well, at least you have got the true intention of the art. You're watching it for the right reasons.
Speaker 2: As a connoisseur of the Fast and the Furious movies, I'm curious to know, in your opinion, what is the best one? Yeah, what's the goaded.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 11: I'd say the last one.
Speaker 13: Ten.
Speaker 2: Ten, yep.
Speaker 11: But there is a number 11 coming out next year.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm sure you've booked the day off work, Sandra. Because I could be wrong, but my thought is that after nine, for some reason, Jason Statham and The Rock are in it and they're just... punching each other and there's less cars.
Speaker 2: Well, what happens is there's obviously like the most famous ones is like one with Vin Diesel.
Speaker 3: No one likes a two-meter asshole.
Speaker 8: Yep, exactly.
Speaker 2: Then there's two, which is kind of like the sequel. And then I believe it's around four-ish they bring in Tokyo Drift, which is where it's.
Speaker 3: But the regular cast aren't in there.
Speaker 2: So it's in Japan, whole new cast. And Vin Diesel makes a small cameo at the very, very end. Then, I don't know, what happens around five and six?
Speaker 3: Xander, what happens around five and six from memory?
Speaker 11: They chop and change. They go back and forth from one movie to another. They take snippets of one and go to another one.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 11: And yeah.
Speaker 2: And then I know, because then The Rock gets involved and then Jason Statham gets involved. And then for a while there, they do their own spinoff. They do Hobbs and Shaw.
Speaker 3: Hobbs and Shaw.
Speaker 2: But that's a branch.
Speaker 3: It's like a splinter cell.
Speaker 2: That's a splinter cell from the FF franchise.
Speaker 3: But, you know, it still has a lot of strong family ties.
Speaker 2: And then I believe in 10, they bring him back into the main story.
Speaker 3: Sandra, and they fly a car into space.
Speaker 13: Yes.
Speaker 3: Sandra, what is your favourite line from all of the 10 films? Because for me, it's... Because the buster brought me back. You know that one?
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Vin Diesel.
Speaker 11: Because the buster.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Mine is my pockets are in empty cuffs.
Speaker 7: I always say like, do you like that Vin Diesel one where it's like a bit of a slow one and he's reminiscing.
Speaker 3: And he goes, I remember everything I've been there forever.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think for me, the most iconic one would be where they're in the desert and they're having the drag race. And she's racing the nerdy one, Jesse. I think his name is Jesse.
Speaker 3: He's the guy who's like always putting crazy stuff on the cars.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And he wears beanies.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's that scene. I'm not super across it, but someone says, too soon, asshole. And then they hit the nose.
Speaker 9: Oh.
Speaker 3: Oh, look at us three, just living our lives a quarter mile at a time, eh?
Speaker 2: Woo! Get on you, Sandra. You have a great day, okay?
Speaker 11: You're welcome.
Speaker 3: I will.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 13: See ya.
Speaker 2: If you want to play the 610 quiz this morning, give us a buzz. 131065. We have got a $ 100 voucher to the Lighthouse Wharf Hotel to give away. Are you planning a special event? Celebrate at the Lighthouse Wharf Hotel, Port Adelaide, great food, stunning waterfront views. Book your function today.
Speaker 3: Karen joins us now. How are you doing, Karen?
Speaker 11: I'm okay. I'm a bit nervous, but I'm here.
Speaker 3: Hey, look, nothing to be nervous about here. This is always the easiest thing we do. Most people, if they're switched on, they'll just go bang, five for five. We might even give you a free pass here or there because we like your energy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like your energy, Karen.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: First one here. The AFL All-Australian team was announced last night. Can you name one position in an AFL team other than a centre?
Speaker 4: Other than a centre?
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 11: It's a full forward?
Speaker 3: Full forward. Yeah, we'd take that.
Speaker 13: Yep.
Speaker 3: Hey, with all this heavy rain at the moment, we're being told we might not have any water restrictions this summer. How long do you normally shower for?
Speaker 5: Me?
Speaker 11: Probably about seven minutes, I reckon.
Speaker 3: And thank you for the honesty there, because anyone who says two, I'm sort of like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Two-minute shower.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I can't do it in two minutes.
Speaker 3: Congratulations to Mark Soderstrom, this is in the news this morning, who sold his house in Leabrook. I don't know why this is in the quiz. Can you please.
Speaker 2: Why is anything in the quiz?
Speaker 3: It's a good point. Can you give us one drink flavour you can make on a soda stream?
Speaker 11: One drink flavour?
Speaker 2: Oh, lemonade.
Speaker 9: Sure.
Speaker 2: I've never been a soda stream guy. Some people have them, but they carbonate their water. Just drink the water.
Speaker 3: We've got one, but it's a wife purchase.
Speaker 12: I've never used it.
Speaker 2: Even just bubbly water in general.
Speaker 3: I don't like it.
Speaker 2: I can't do bubbly water.
Speaker 3: I don't dig it at all.
Speaker 2: The thing I like about water is that it's not bubbly.
Speaker 3: It's not bubbly. You can just drink it. I don't like getting the feeling in the back of your nose.
Speaker 2: Why is it in there? It doesn't make a taste any different.
Speaker 3: I don't get bubbly water, people.
Speaker 2: Get your gas out of my water.
Speaker 3: Kim and Kanye's daughter, Northwest, says she wants to work at Starbucks. I'm sure she'll love that for an hour or so, and then she'll, you know, get a chopper back to her mansion. What is the famous Starbucks cup size that rhymes with 20?
Speaker 11: A cup size that rhymes with 20?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a strange one. I wouldn't get this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like the American sort of sizing.
Speaker 11: A 20?
Speaker 3: It's not 20.
Speaker 2: Can I change the question?
Speaker 3: I could be wrong, but I think it's... I think it is 20 in a different language, so it's like 20 ounce.
Speaker 11: Oh, 20 ounce.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but like the word.
Speaker 2: I'm going to come in here, Karen, and make an executive decision. I don't love the question, so can you name another coffee franchise in Australia, aside from Starbucks?
Speaker 11: Coffee Club.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Great one.
Speaker 3: Would have also taken Billy Baxter's.
Speaker 2: That was the one that I had in my brain.
Speaker 3: Venti was the word we were looking for as well. Anyway, a bit sad. I don't know if you caught this, Karen. Dolly Parton, have you heard the news?
Speaker 9: Yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but passed away at the age of 80. Can you please finish these lyrics?
Speaker 6: Nine to five, all the way to.
Speaker 4: Make a living.
Speaker 14: Wow.
Speaker 3: She lives on in you.
Speaker 2: Good on you, Karen. You got yourself that $ 100 voucher.
Speaker 4: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 11: That's amazing.
Speaker 3: And don't forget the cask of bin wine, which we'll drop over to your house later on.
Speaker 2: Good on you, Karen.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 2: No worries. There is a new trend kicking off, Liam, where people are saying they're happier with no friends. It's the loneliness influencer trend taking off.
Speaker 3: Is this you launching a new career?
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: The loneliness influence.
Speaker 2: I mean, no, because these people are at the extreme end of, I have no friends and I'm happy. I've got a minimum amount of friends that I need to be happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: What I would say is, look, I think you are, I'll preface this with this. I think you're a good person. You're a good friend to me. Broadly speaking, I don't think you're a good friend to many.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So if you're in the circle.
Speaker 3: For example, like if you're, even like people that you like. you wouldn't go to their birthday party.
Speaker 2: No, because I only have so much time in my life.
Speaker 3: You didn't come to my birthday party.
Speaker 2: I've only got so much time in my life.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean? Like he doesn't, so like we have good friends and they, if you know Ben, like, you know, he still loves you, but he's not going to like catch up with you. No. Do you know what I mean? It's a deal you make.
Speaker 2: I very much live in the real world of like, I know that the most important thing to me is my family.
Speaker 3: But you can fit a bit more in, I think.
Speaker 2: There's a few people in my circle that I will make time for.
Speaker 3: I'm taking my mate out tonight for a feed me, because it was his birthday a couple of weeks ago. I haven't seen him yet. I've got four catch-ups this weekend. I do breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I catch up with everyone.
Speaker 2: That stresses me out so much.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I nurture it. It's like a garden. A friendship is like a garden. You've got to water it, otherwise it dies. You obviously also crave social interaction. I don't crave that. I feel drained after.
Speaker 2: I show it with you.
Speaker 3: I feel charged up. I feel so drained. I'm freaking charged up.
Speaker 2: I'm so empty. Like, nothing left, you know?
Speaker 3: Nothing left. Friday rolls around, just I want to be in a tomb for two days. Liam is like four hours a morning. He's been talking, talking, talking, talking.
Speaker 2: As opposed to you, where you've just got all your back-to-back breakfast, lunch, dinner. Bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang, bang. Sunday, Sunday.
Speaker 3: Non-stop.
Speaker 1: It's relentless.
Speaker 3: But because of that, I feel like I have, yeah, I don't know, maybe better friendships.
Speaker 2: You know what? To me, a true friendship would be you can call a mate and you go, I've broken down. Can you come get me? Yeah, I'll be there.
Speaker 3: That's a true friendship. Yeah, but that's what I'm saying. With these people, I guarantee they would. I don't think I ask much of my friends, but I think if I was in a time of need, I know they would be there for me.
Speaker 2: Just like I would them. You're so spread out, so thinly.
Speaker 3: No, you can... It might blow your mind, but you can actually... I've got, say... At least two guys that I'm texting every day, like my wife, every single day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's like... Every day! Having two to three friends is probably the limit.
Speaker 3: I'm going out next week with like ten guys. On a Wednesday night, we're going to a pub.
Speaker 2: That's more of an acquaintance. No, it's not.
Speaker 3: They're good friends.
Speaker 2: Let me have a look at your contacts.
Speaker 3: I'll give you my phone. Anyone in there, I would call. I mean, there's probably a few contacts that are just like, you know, oh, that's a guy I used for some electrical work six years ago. But if you recognize the name as a friend of mine, I think if we called them, they would come and get me if I was broken down.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know you pretty well. So I feel like I do know the friends that would get you. Like Harry.
Speaker 3: Harry would come get me.
Speaker 2: Is he one of the friends you text every day?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's the best man at my wedding, yeah.
Speaker 2: Sean Colmery, he'd get you?
Speaker 14: Yep.
Speaker 2: Come get you?
Speaker 3: Taking him out for the feed me tonight. That's the guy. They're the two that I text every day. So yeah, I would be upset if they didn't come pick me up.
Speaker 2: Would John Analoisi come get you?
Speaker 3: He's in China at the moment. So yeah, John, fun fact, was almost going to do a podcast with him. Never eventuated. But I don't know if John Aloisi would come and get me. We went to lunch twice and got brekkie one time.
Speaker 2: Okay, here's one. What about Callum McPherson, who I know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, yeah.
Speaker 2: We met him at the same time.
Speaker 3: But I speak to Cal. I know what's going on in Cal's life. You wouldn't have seen him in like a decade.
Speaker 2: I don't think Cal would come get you if you said, hey, man.
Speaker 3: I'm proud of you now. I think he would.
Speaker 2: I don't think he would.
Speaker 3: Like I... I've seen him three times this year.
Speaker 2: Why don't we call him? Why don't we check your roads? Because we've gone a bit long. When we come back.
Speaker 3: And Callum, for a bit of context, in community radio, in like 2014, Cal was the guy reading the roads.
Speaker 2: He was doing the roads. He was, yeah. Well, why don't we jump into the traffic? When we come back, you're going to call Callum... Yes. Out of the blue. Say, hey, mate, broken down.
Speaker 3: Broke him down.
Speaker 2: Can you come get me?
Speaker 3: Uber's surging.
Speaker 2: And we'll see if he is a real friend or not to you.
Speaker 3: Okay, sounds good.
Speaker 14: All right.
Speaker 3: I have given you my phone. You've had a flick through my contacts. You've picked out Callum McPherson.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 3: Which is a guy we both worked with like over 10 years ago.
Speaker 2: But I would say you're now closer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I keep in touch with people.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's what I do.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know where you find the time. I wouldn't say he's my best friend, but we're mates, and I do... I honestly think he'd pick me up.
Speaker 2: All right, look, I got his number punched in now. Find out. We're going to find out. He'll come get you.
Speaker 14: Hello, Calum speaking.
Speaker 3: Oh, hey, Cal. How are you doing, man? It's just Liam here.
Speaker 12: Oh, hey, Ryan.
Speaker 3: Good, how are you?
Speaker 9: Yeah, good, man.
Speaker 3: Geez, I didn't wake you up, did I? No. Okay, sorry. It just sort of softly answered there.
Speaker 7: Ah.
Speaker 3: Sorry, man. I'm so sorry to do this. I'm actually broken down on Main North Road, and I was just wondering, is there any chance you could give me a lift?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'll do it. That's all I needed to hear.
Speaker 2: What do I get in return? I guess I was wrong, eh? Yeah.
Speaker 3: Ben's here as well, Cal.
Speaker 4: Hey, Cal.
Speaker 3: He was just.
Speaker 14: Is Ben in the car too?
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: No, so we're actually... Yeah, so we're doing the show. We're actually not broken down. But Ben was... No, I didn't pick up on that. Okay, cool, right.
Speaker 2: Cool, cool, cool, cool, cool.
Speaker 3: You've used your powers of deduction. No, he was just saying I sort of have too many friends and he didn't believe I had true friends. And so he... He's just gone through my contacts there and he picked your name out as someone who probably wouldn't give me a lift in a time of need.
Speaker 2: Oh, Ben.
Speaker 15: Hater.
Speaker 2: What a hater.
Speaker 3: Mate, we went out for dinner like three weeks ago, huh?
Speaker 14: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 3: If that.
Speaker 10: Come on, mate.
Speaker 2: You were willing to drop whatever you were doing cow to go get Liam?
Speaker 14: Yeah, and I'm a busy man too, Ben.
Speaker 2: What are you doing? Can I ask, what are you doing right now?
Speaker 14: I am at work where I'm the media and communications manager at the South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute.
Speaker 3: And it's a very busy job.
Speaker 2: Busy time, but.
Speaker 14: If Liam's in need, then he's in need, and if I'm the man to help him, then I'll be there.
Speaker 3: Okay, drop it. There's a big breakthrough in Sam Rae. They've discovered a cure for the modern cold. Doesn't matter. Liam's car has broken down. I need to get him.
Speaker 14: We just have to put that on hold until we've secured Liam.
Speaker 2: It's good to see Liam's got true friends.
Speaker 3: Thank you, mate. No, I appreciate that. That means a lot. So, what prize do I get? It's just a prize in more valued friendship, I suppose, for me.
Speaker 12: I'll probably.
Speaker 3: I'll get you a drink next time I see you.
Speaker 14: Oh, there can be no better prize than that.
Speaker 3: Which would be when? Awesome.
Speaker 14: Ben, I get the feeling like you wouldn't help Liam.
Speaker 2: To be fair, Liam's one of the few people I would help.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, true. No, I'm in a very small circle with me and his wife. Awesome, Cal. Thank you, bro. I appreciate it, mate. Thank you.
Speaker 14: Thanks, boys.
Speaker 2: See you, mate.
Speaker 5: Bye.
Speaker 3: See you, man.
Speaker 2: Bye, bye. That didn't go the way I thought it was going to go.
Speaker 3: Bloody told you so. Why don't we call one of your friends that you never speak to? Yeah, but because I've.
Speaker 2: Got such a small core, they will come and get me. Because they know.
Speaker 3: You don't nurture your cause.
Speaker 2: But they'll still come and get me, mate.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll find out. Why don't we call Beefy next? Your mate Beefy.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 3: We've had him on the show a few times. Lovely fella. Don't know when you saw him last, but you're going to say you've broken down. We're going to see if he'll come to you in a time of need. Let's see.
Speaker 7: Hello?
Speaker 3: Hey, Beef.
Speaker 5: Hey, how you going?
Speaker 2: Good, man. Bit of a pain. I actually just broke down. Near, like, you know, Quick Sticks?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do you reckon you could pick me up?
Speaker 3: When?
Speaker 2: Like, now?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I could probably be there in 25.
Speaker 3: What a guy!
Speaker 2: What a guy!
Speaker 3: He passed the test!
Speaker 2: What a relief.
Speaker 3: Liam here as well. Actually don't need to pick him up. He's not broken down at Quick Sticks. He's just here at work. We just wanted to test our friends to see if they would Would pick us up. Would you admit, though, Ben's not that good at, like, keeping in touch with people? Like, when was the last time he reached out to you?
Speaker 14: It's been a long time.
Speaker 2: Like, months.
Speaker 3: Six months?
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably six months. And if you go.
Speaker 14: Back in his phone, I message him on the weekend with no response.
Speaker 3: It was a really nice message, too. Are you serious?
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What did you say? What did you say?
Speaker 14: I haven't seen you in a while.
Speaker 2: Hope you and your family are doing well.
Speaker 14: Let's play a round of golf.
Speaker 8: Nothing, dude.
Speaker 6: I'm getting phone calls.
Speaker 3: I thought he calls you for a radio bit.
Speaker 14: I'm such a legend of a bloke. I ignored it and said I'll come pick you up.
Speaker 2: Are you working today, Booth?
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So you were willing to leave work to come get me?
Speaker 4: Anderson for a mate.
Speaker 2: Oh, what a guy. You just wanted a free feed of quick sticks, mate.
Speaker 14: It's not a two-way street with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah. It's a one-way. Oh, well, hey, when are you going for that round?
Speaker 2: Oh, mate, I'll tee it up soon, all right?
Speaker 11: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: I'll be waiting.
Speaker 3: I'll genuinely play with you. I was a high nerd to my friendship.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, if you play leave, you might actually win a round, eh? Oh. Wow.
Speaker 3: Wow, okay. See you, B.
Speaker 14: See you, B.
Speaker 3: All right, boys.
Speaker 4: See you, bro.
Speaker 3: Oh, man, what a guy. What a guy. Such a kind of nice. It gives you a good kick. You guys should try this just in your personal lives.
Speaker 11: Call your mate.
Speaker 2: Call your mate.
Speaker 3: Pretend you need them and just see if they're there for you.
Speaker 2: Bloody immobiliser locked up on me this morning, Liam.
Speaker 3: What? I don't know what that is. What is that?
Speaker 2: I'm not actually 100% sure. I'd be lying if I said I understood it. But I think the immobiliser, you get it more on modern cars. It does what it says. It immobilises it. So if it detects a threat, it essentially shuts the car down.
Speaker 3: That's cool that your car detected you as a threat. You looked scary. I wish more people considered me a threat. You know what I mean?
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't think machines or people see me as a threat.
Speaker 2: If there's any mechanics listening and they can explain it to me better, I'd like to know because it's happened to me twice now where I get into my Nissan Navara and it just doesn't start and the little red car with the key comes up, which.
Speaker 3: I've Googled, is it a motoriser? Unless it's just not detecting the key, like maybe the batteries are going flat in your key.
Speaker 2: Nah, because you can... I've done the.
Speaker 3: Is it like a push start thing?
Speaker 2: It's a push start with the key inside the car, but then you put the key up near the button... And that's supposed to help, but it didn't do anything. It had been immobilized. And it only got started when my dad came over and jump-started it for me. All right. So it sounds like maybe it's a battery thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've got this thing at the moment. Like, it used to, you know, push-start. Like, this is my first push-start car. And it used to just be, like, you'd press it, and it would... And now I've really got to smash my finger on it.
Speaker 2: Oh, really? I really got to.
Speaker 12: Get.
Speaker 1: It in there.
Speaker 3: I either got to, like, hit it, like, three times, or I just got to, like, Smother the button with my thumb.
Speaker 2: Is it a fault or is it just.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Sounds faulty.
Speaker 3: I haven't looked into it. It's just one of those things that annoys... I forget about it and then it annoys me when I get in the car.
Speaker 2: That starts and I'm like, oh, good. Unless yours starts.
Speaker 3: This is true. Well, mate, if you're ever immobile again, you call me. I'll be there in a flash.
Speaker 2: Okay, good to know. It's Taylor Swift, Opalite on KISS1023. Good morning, Adelaide. You are here with Ben and Liam.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the big story in the AFL over Christmas, which is probably good for him, you would think. Lockie Neal, you know, it all blew up. Everyone saw the drama.
Speaker 2: Was it Christmas, was it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I reckon it was between Christmas and New Year. It was kind of that. And, you know, the AFL season wasn't on. And obviously there's some, you know, horrible stuff that's happened in recent weeks. So the cycle has just sort of, like, moved on. But, yeah, it was not the fact that he'd... only cheated on his wife, but it was like, it was like with their friend who was like in all the photos after they'd just won the premiership.
Speaker 2: It was one of her holding the medal.
Speaker 3: Yeah. You know, it was a bit, it was a bit yuck. And, um, the development to the story is that Jules Neal, his, um, you know, his former partner has come out on this podcast and said, you know, it wasn't a big surprise. Yeah.
Speaker 16: It wasn't the first time for us, which it's awful, but I feel like a lot of people have said to me since leaving, I guess from the outside, it would seem that I found out what I found out, packed up the kids and I left straight away.
Speaker 3: Which wasn't the case.
Speaker 16: Which wasn't the case.
Speaker 2: So she's saying that there'd been former infidelity.
Speaker 3: There'd been other stuff there, which is the old adage, like once a cheater, always a cheater type thing. But obviously people have their different reasons for staying and different relationships that Different, but we wanted to know this morning, 131065.
Speaker 2: Different relationships are different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it wasn't my finest quote.
Speaker 2: Liam was a wordsmith. He had a way with words.
Speaker 3: Can you put that on my gravestone? Different relationships are different. Liam Statham.
Speaker 2: Says man who doesn't want to offend anyone.
Speaker 3: Liam Statham, 1996 to.
Speaker 2: Different relationships are different. That was deep. Thanks, mate.
Speaker 3: How many chances did you give the cheater? 131065 is the number.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And there's no judgment because if there's one thing we've always said here, it's that.
Speaker 2: Different relationships are different. They are.
Speaker 3: They are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like your relationship's different from my relationship. They're different.
Speaker 3: I wish I was hosting that podcast with Jules Neal pouring her heart out about the marriage breaking down. I go, well, Jules... Different relationships are different. She goes, do you know what? I've never actually thought of it in that light. And now that you've said that, I feel better about my husband cheating on me with my friend.
Speaker 2: 131065 is our number. If you want to remain anonymous, you can. Otherwise, give us a buzz. You can share your story with us. Maybe it was a friend, somebody you knew. How many chances did you give the cheater?
Speaker 3: Lee in One Tree Hill. How many chances did you give them?
Speaker 9: About 10 years worth. So yeah, we were together for about 10 years. And each time, each week that I had my older children, so I wouldn't be able to see my ex, he was off with another woman. And I started seeing likes and love hearts and posts and all that sort of thing on her page. So I started stalking her and saw all these comments and I questioned him. And he's like, no, no, no, you're overreacting.
Speaker 2: No, nothing.
Speaker 9: And then I was about six or so months into the pregnancy of our first child. And I found out, because I found a hair, a blonde hair, and I'm brunette, on his lounge. And, yeah, he came clean about it. And then we had another two children after that. And then things started going rocky and he started to see another person all these years later.
Speaker 3: So that was about two and a half years ago.
Speaker 2: Goodness.
Speaker 9: Sorry.
Speaker 3: Sorry. That's horrible. And it always blows my mind to not only do that to someone, but then when you're, like, expecting a baby. Do you know what I mean? Like, yeah, I don't know. And you were on to him from the start. I mean, obviously, you know, probably a deep question because you've had– you know, two other children with this person. But do you have any regrets for not saying something earlier?
Speaker 9: Without the children, like I've got my children and I wouldn't change anything. But yeah, I do because, you know, like that crushed, completely crushed me on the inside. And I'm, you know, it's hard to trust. I'll never have another relationship again, mind you.
Speaker 11: However.
Speaker 9: It's not a nice feeling to have that distrust. And I wish that I had the balls to, you know, man up and, I don't know, maybe sock him in the nose or something like that.
Speaker 2: Well, Lee, good on you for coming on and sharing your story. If you just joined us, Liam dropped some pretty deep wisdom in the previous break. What were those deep words you said, Liam?
Speaker 3: Don't make me say it.
Speaker 2: What did you say?
Speaker 3: I just said different relationships are different.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That one is different.
Speaker 2: Everyone's going through different relationships.
Speaker 3: It doesn't sound like a healthy one. Do you remember that time your wife, Sam, found a blonde hair in your bed and you were like, no, no, no, no. That was a wig that Liam was wearing for a video we did.
Speaker 2: It was Liam in my bed. It was Liam. I do remember that.
Speaker 3: And it was actually me wearing a blonde wig. We weren't filming a video, but.
Speaker 2: Lucky for me, lucky for me for that kind of stuff. Like I can then. You can show the video. Here's the video we did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. We did have to go in and film it the next day, of course.
Speaker 2: Marty in Moana joins us now. Mate, how many chances did you give the cheetah?
Speaker 15: Good morning, guys. So back in my late teens, I was with my first love and I started to suspect that she was up to no good. So we split up and I moved in with my older brother. And about a month later, I caught her walking out of his bedroom.
Speaker 13: Oh.
Speaker 5: Goodness.
Speaker 15: My suspicions were right, but I never guessed that it was going to be with my own brother.
Speaker 2: Plot twist.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Are you, like, close with your brother still? Oh, not anymore.
Speaker 15: Like, we didn't speak for a couple of years while they were together. And then she cheated on him, so I kind of forgave him. And, like, I was like, well, now you've copped the same treatment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 15: But, yeah, we're not really close anymore. The trust was broken.
Speaker 3: That's pretty brutal, Marty.
Speaker 2: Hey, different relationships are different, Marty.
Speaker 3: I'm literally never going to live that down.
Speaker 2: Natty in Paralawi, please tell us how many chances did you give the cheater? This was your dad, I believe.
Speaker 12: It is my dad. So my dad, me and mum found out that he was cheating on my mum with her best friend, and we knew for a while before we told him that we knew.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But why did you not just sort of out him straight away?
Speaker 12: I think mum stayed with him for us kids.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 12: You know, as all mums do, put their kids first.
Speaker 2: How old were you? So you were a child when you found out?
Speaker 12: Yeah, I was 13, and then mum left him when I was almost 19.
Speaker 2: Was there more infidelity along the way, or just the once-off, do you think?
Speaker 12: Oh, look, I believe there was many times, but I'd rather not know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I get you, Natty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and there is an old adage, Natty, if it makes you feel any better. But I'm sure you've heard it before.
Speaker 2: No, go on, mate. Do the line, Liam.
Speaker 3: Do the roll, Natty.
Speaker 2: I am very excited for the Royal Show. I think, especially now that I've got kids, it's exciting to see them go to the show because then you get to... experience it through their eyes. One thing I love doing is, and I don't know if it's just like a my family thing or if all families do this, love going to the dog pavilion.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Just looking at all the dogs.
Speaker 3: Well, we were thinking this morning, because we've been trying to do something different each morning to give away the tickets, we'll do a radio dog show.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So normally, you know, they parade around the dogs, they have the numbers on them, and you're like, oh, you know, what a luxurious coat on number six. So we'll have to take your word for it. You just have to tell us. You've got to describe your dog and Ben and I as the judges.
Speaker 2: We'll pick the best dog in show. We'll pick the cutest.
Speaker 3: We'll get a vibe. And don't lie. If you don't have a dog, don't.
Speaker 2: Call up and describe it. We're not going to judge it purely on cuteness. We'll also judge it on athleticism.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if they're obedient or not.
Speaker 2: Utility. There'll be all sorts of things taken into account.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So 131065 is the number. We're having a radio dog show next.
Speaker 13: Yep.
Speaker 3: Um, so like an example, like I've, I've got a Cavoodle called Toby. He's nine years old. You know, I'd say, oh yeah, look, he's got a luxurious beige coat, fluffy to the touch, soulful eyes, uh, undeniable superstar presence. Um, when, when you talk to him, he tilts his head. It's like, he's listening to you. Little cheeky personality, um, enough cuteness to melt your bloody heart. And yeah, He can shake both hands. You can do the guns and pretend to shoot him, and he plays dead. A very clever little boy.
Speaker 2: Good boy.
Speaker 3: And he poos near bins. I don't know if he knows that or if that's just a coincidence, but it's something I've noticed, and there's never too far to walk when he poos.
Speaker 2: I'd say, hi, everybody. This is my dog, Finn. He's a curly-haired retriever. A lot of people mistake him for a poodle. He's not a poodle. That's just the coat he's got. He looks like a big black sheep. He is five, maybe six. I'm not too sure how old he is. And he's just the bestest boy. He's very obedient. He can sit. He can lay down. He can spin. And, yeah, this is Finn. I hope you like him.
Speaker 3: Two examples of people describing their dog. If you didn't have enough brain power to work that out for yourself.
Speaker 2: If you want to enter your dog into the radio dog show.
Speaker 3: You know, I did my spiel. I heard Ben spiel. Don't overdo it, yeah? Don't oversell it. Just give us the top line, you know what I mean? If someone's talking about three minutes about their dog, we'll just be like, we'll lose interest.
Speaker 2: You'll lose the room, for sure.
Speaker 3: You'll lose the judges. We'll go, mm, okay.
Speaker 2: Top line, give us your best three points.
Speaker 3: About your dog.
Speaker 2: Give us your dog's best attributes. What does it look like and give us an attribute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah. What does the breath smell like? I don't know.
Speaker 2: All right, Radio Dog Show.
Speaker 3: Georgia in Glen Osmond, please tell us about your dog.
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 6: So I have Mochi.
Speaker 11: He's Maltese. He's very, very fluffy and.
Speaker 6: Just a white ball of fluff. He's about three kilos, but he makes up with it in fluff. And he's very, very good at playing fetch. He's so good at playing fetch that we've had to teach him how to count. So we use our fingers and say five, four, three, two, one. And when we get down to zero and hold out the empty hand, he stops.
Speaker 13: Wowee.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good. Thank you, Georgia. Great use of the word floofy as well. because there is a difference. There's fluffy dogs and there's floofy dogs. And Morty sounds like a little bundle of joy. Adriana in Paralawi, you're here with Ben and Lane. We're doing the radio dog show. Tell us about your pooch.
Speaker 8: Good morning, boys. I have a three-year-old tent-sealed terrier. Her name is Lucy. Smooth coat, needle-like fine hair to the point that you walk out the house and you're basically wearing her.
Speaker 9: Wowee.
Speaker 8: She's also ball-obsessed to the point where she doesn't know where to stop and one day, I swear, will probably have a heart attack. And she's very much a princess, you know, in this nice wet weather. Rather than going on the grass, she likes to go and wee on the concrete instead.
Speaker 2: Oh, princess. Okay, very good.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Adriana. Our last contestant joins us now. Lauren from Grange, who have you brought in there?
Speaker 13: I have brought my dog Pasquale. So Pasquale is an old Italian gentleman.
Speaker 4: He's 15 years old.
Speaker 13: He loves eating pasta and lying in the sun. He's a mix between a Jack Russell and a Maltese Westie, and he looks at you with so much judgment. He doesn't believe he's a dog. He does believe he's an old Italian man in the sun in Italy. So he will not play fetch.
Speaker 8: He will not go for a walk.
Speaker 4: He will just look at you like.
Speaker 5: No, leave me alone.
Speaker 13: And I think that just makes him so special because he's straight off of, you know, the plane from Italy, like his name.
Speaker 3: Squally, the nonna dog. Who looks at you when his pastor is an al dente of a night.
Speaker 2: Well, it looks like Judge Liam and I have got quite the decision to make, hey?
Speaker 3: Yes. Now, thank you to all our contestants. For me.
Speaker 2: Should we say that? Should we.
Speaker 3: The order?
Speaker 2: Should we go... Yeah, why don't we.
Speaker 3: Go third, second, then first? Third, I think, is Lucy, Adriana's dog. No, it sounds cute. I... You sort of gave yourself away there when you said needly fur comes away on you. I hate it when dogs leave too much fur on you.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 3: It does sound like a good dog though.
Speaker 2: Then I guess if we say second, we'll reveal first. So why don't we just say the winner?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Three, two, one.
Speaker 2: Pasquale!
Speaker 12: Pasquale.
Speaker 13: Oh, my goodness.
Speaker 2: Congratulations.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. I can see you kissing Pasquale either side of the mouth. Absolutely.
Speaker 4: Double kisses always.
Speaker 3: Congratulations to you and your family. You're off to the Royal Adelaide show. And, hell, we'll throw in a little treat for Pasquale.
Speaker 11: Oh, thank you. He'll love it. Make sure it's Italian only.
Speaker 3: The all-Australian AFL team has been announced. Did you ever make a... A special team, like a district, like a state team or a district team?
Speaker 2: I got asked to try out for the state rugby team.
Speaker 3: Rugby?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: You didn't even play rugby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we did a school, I remember in year nine.
Speaker 3: They just thought you, they looked at your physique and thought, jeez.
Speaker 2: No, in year nine, I did rugby because our school, you know each school has like their sport they're good at.
Speaker 3: Do you know what my school was?
Speaker 2: I haven't finished my story.
Speaker 3: But I just wanted to say like what my school was quickly.
Speaker 2: Go on then.
Speaker 3: Badminton.
Speaker 6: Really?
Speaker 3: Isn't that the worst sport ever? That was the sport your school was doing. So if your school was rugby, our school tried to brand itself as a badminton school.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right.
Speaker 3: Worst sport ever. Anyway.
Speaker 2: Proceed. I forgot my story now.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, we'll move on. No worries. I'm sure no one's losing any sleep.
Speaker 2: Taylor Swift right now.
Speaker 3: No, go on. Tell us the.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not going to tell it. No, I'm not going to tell it. As soon as you changed the topic, I was never going to tell it.
Speaker 3: It was off it.
Speaker 2: I remember what the story is. I just wanted to tell it.
Speaker 3: Because my thing was such a tidbit. You know what I mean? It's just a small tidbit.
Speaker 2: On Monday, Liam, we spoke with Vanessa, who was going for a run or a walk at Brighton Beach, and she really regretted not stopping and chatting with the guy who smiled at her.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and it could have been that sliding doors moment. You know, maybe she would marry this guy, maybe they'd have two kids. She certainly felt there was a spark, so she took to Reddit after. And the post has, like, over 100,000 comments or something now, reshares.
Speaker 3: It's going nuts.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So we're trying to help her out. We're trying to find this dude. She gave us a bit of a brief description the other day, but we thought we'd help and put together a police.
Speaker 2: Then we can find him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah. So ideally we'll get it up on Instagram pretty soon. I'm going to be drawing it myself. Vanessa joins us now. Good morning.
Speaker 11: Hello, how are you?
Speaker 13: Good morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look, very well, Vanessa. We're excited to find your dream man. Now, look, I'm not trained as a police sketch artist, but I did art in year 12. So I'll probably do a fairly convincing job. I'm just going to shoot a few questions your way and then I'm going to sketch it out. And then I will reveal, hopefully, you will start crying when you see your dream man again.
Speaker 4: I'm sure I will.
Speaker 3: I'm sure.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 3: Well, let's just start with the face. You know, you've already said potentially a Latino man had a gold earring in his left ear. Did he have a round face, oval, square, long, narrow?
Speaker 13: I would say more like an oval face.
Speaker 3: Oval face.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 3: Oval face. Yep.
Speaker 2: Big ears or small ears?
Speaker 4: I would say average ears.
Speaker 3: Average ears. Okay, yep, that's a great start. Did he have a wide jaw or was it quite narrow?
Speaker 4: I would say narrow, yeah.
Speaker 3: Narrow, okay. I'm going to have to redraw this already. A bit like Camillo.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you know Camillo, the singer from Colombia.
Speaker 14: Camillo.
Speaker 3: Not familiar. I can look up a photo if that will help my sketch.
Speaker 2: Liam's taking this very seriously. I've never seen him take so much pride in a sketch.
Speaker 3: Narrow jaw.
Speaker 4: Without the beard, without the beard.
Speaker 3: Over all the heads. Average size ears.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 7: And hair.
Speaker 3: Can you describe the hairstyle?
Speaker 8: Yes.
Speaker 13: He had kind of dark hair, which covered his forehead a little bit.
Speaker 3: Okay. Like was it swept to the side or?
Speaker 13: Not really to the side, but he didn't have, he had it mainly long on the forehead, but on.
Speaker 4: The side it was kind of short.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 3: What about his eyes? How were they set? Were they big and round?
Speaker 4: I would say not overly big, no.
Speaker 3: Average and dark. Average, dark eyes.
Speaker 2: If you just joined us this morning, you're not sure what's going on. We've got Vanessa on who saw her hunky dream out and about. She wished she stopped to say hello, but now we're trying to find him. So Liam's doing a sketch purely from Vanessa's memory or recollection of the man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, much like a police artist would. Eyebrows, how were they set? Were they bushy? Were they thin, round? Yeah, not very pushy, no. No, okay, okay, so dark eyebrows. Did he have any facial hair?
Speaker 6: Yeah, like a three-day beard.
Speaker 3: Oh, okay, three-day beard, I can do that. Did he have nice big lips or were they kind of thin?
Speaker 4: Not overly big, no.
Speaker 3: Not overly big, okay, so thin, thin, wispy lips. Okay, yep, that's good.
Speaker 2: How are you going, Liam?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're getting quite close.
Speaker 13: Don't forget his earring.
Speaker 3: Yep, I've got a gold earring, left ear, cross on it.
Speaker 2: I'm excited to see it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Maybe cross, but yeah.
Speaker 1: Maybe.
Speaker 3: Okay, hard to draw maybe. We've got your number here. I'm just going to take a photo of my sketch. I'm going to send it to you now, and then we're going to count down from three. You're going to look at your phone, and we're going to see... if I have accurately... Captured. Captured the man of your dreams that you saw at Brighton Beach.
Speaker 5: Are you ready?
Speaker 3: Okay. Three, two, one. Oh, my God, you got it. I love it.
Speaker 13: I honestly love it.
Speaker 3: The oval-shaped head, the thin jaw, as you said. I'm going to put a photo up on the Ben and Liam Instagram as well if people want to see it, if they recognise... This man potentially can help us get in touch. I'll put some flyers up as well around the beach. We want Vanessa to find this guy.
Speaker 2: Vanessa, I guess you can print that off at Officeworks and you can pin that up in your bedroom.
Speaker 3: Rest easy.
Speaker 14: I will, I will.
Speaker 3: Do you think, is that pretty, like, is that a dead ringer or? Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 2: I love it.
Speaker 3: I feel like I drew exactly what you said. You know what I mean? That's all I can go off. That's all I can go off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely. Vanessa, thank you very much.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 3: See ya.
Speaker 2: If you want to see it, we'll pop it up on the Better Liam Instagram.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a bit sad about Dolly Parton passed away. 80 years old. Hell of a life, though. A life to be celebrated. And at least we still have Reba.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we still got Reba. You put Reba and Dolly in the same bucket?
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, Dolly, probably clear of Reba. I think even Reba knows that deep down.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just think of Reba when I think of early 2000s TV sitcoms on Fox 8.
Speaker 3: But of course, she's a country singer, first and foremost.
Speaker 2: She was before she was a Fox 8 star, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah. They're probably mates.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Maybe.
Speaker 2: I'm sure Reba's sad today.
Speaker 3: I'd imagine so.
Speaker 2: You know who's sad? Eminem. Did a post about Dolly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw Eminem post, because Dolly reached out to him when he got inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she wrote like a handwritten, I think it might have been typed, but it was a letter. And it was worded like that. she wrote it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure. It didn't look like a chat GPT job.
Speaker 2: No, they didn't have it back then, I don't think.
Speaker 3: It is kind of funny when like a big celebrity passes away, and then all the other celebrities like post their photo from like, here's us in 1993, or whatever.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 3: 5,000 big ones in your skyrocket. If you can identify this stain, you can see it with your own eyes. Ben and Liam on the socials.
Speaker 2: Yep. The $ 5, 000, all thanks to Auto Masters. Your brakes might slow you down, but are they going to stop you in an emergency? Don't wait for your brakes to make a noise before you get them checked, like Liam. Call 1-300-AUTOMASTERS and feel the difference.
Speaker 3: Jess in Seaview Downs, what do you think it is?
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 8: I think it is acetone, maybe like nail polish remover.
Speaker 3: What would you do if you got 5K?
Speaker 12: I would definitely take the family to Bali. We're definitely in the need of a little holiday away.
Speaker 2: Nice. You've been to Bali before?
Speaker 6: Yeah, many times.
Speaker 3: What's your go-to? Puri Saron.
Speaker 5: Love Furious Arise.
Speaker 2: You sound like a Bali veteran.
Speaker 12: No, I've got a chest infection.
Speaker 8: I'm just getting over it.
Speaker 2: How many times have you been?
Speaker 12: About eight, nine times.
Speaker 3: Oh, wow.
Speaker 5: Maybe ten.
Speaker 2: Have you been to Uluwadu?
Speaker 3: No, but it's a possibility. Oh, that's where it's at. That's where it's at.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it is where it's at, definitely.
Speaker 4: Maybe this could help.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, unfortunately not.
Speaker 2: Oh, no.
Speaker 3: Sorry, it is not acetone. Catherine.
Speaker 2: Sorry, mate, I was just doing some talking there.
Speaker 3: That's fine. So was I, I suppose you could say.
Speaker 2: Well, as the anchor, I get right of way.
Speaker 3: What do you think, Catherine? Who had right of way there, Ben or myself?
Speaker 4: You did.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you, Catherine.
Speaker 2: What are you basing that on, Catherine? I am the anchor.
Speaker 5: I'm going with whoever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought so. I thought as much. I was going to ask Catherine, what would you spend $ 5, 000 on?
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 11: A holiday to somewhere warm.
Speaker 6: I'm not built for this cold weather.
Speaker 9: Let's go somewhere with sunshine.
Speaker 3: It'd be good to escape, huh? Definitely. Far north Queensland or something like that. Maybe Bali. Who knows?
Speaker 5: Who knows?
Speaker 2: Catherine, what do you think it is?
Speaker 6: I think it's apple cider.
Speaker 2: And why do you say apple cider?
Speaker 9: Because, well, we've had Michael Stain.
Speaker 11: We've heard from him, a.k.a.
Speaker 8: Michael Caine. One of his movies is Cider House Rules.
Speaker 5: So the cider. And the Flo Rida, Rida rhymes with cider.
Speaker 9: And he sings Apple Bottom Jean, so the apple for the apple cider.
Speaker 3: Bloody hell, that's good, Catherine. I like that. You've really thought about it. It all makes sense. It's not like you're stretched there.
Speaker 2: Catherine, I wish it was apple cider because I like how you've done that.
Speaker 3: I love how you did that. That was very clever, but it is not... Apple cider, we can move on from that, unfortunately.
Speaker 2: You can play as many times as you like. We open up the phone lines again tomorrow morning from 8am. And we are back. We can bring in Producer Bell.
Speaker 3: After the gong, of course.
Speaker 2: One bit of business for me, I guess more of a tidbit, would be when I listened to Monday's pod, the first thing I noticed was there was no intro, which I think we're addressing. But the second thing I noticed was because I didn't want to listen to the radio show content as much, I more just wanted to hear what you guys were chatting about on the back end, i.e. the Off Air podcast. I found it hard to find where that started. Can we put a marker in?
Speaker 7: Are you serious?
Speaker 2: No, I am serious.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what?
Speaker 7: You've seen the pod squad posts. I can't remember who wanted it the most, but someone's been posting me like, please, can we have a marker?
Speaker 2: Why don't we put a marker in?
Speaker 3: You want to purposely skip a radio show?
Speaker 7: Well, some people in the pod squad were like, just skip and find it.
Speaker 2: If you just want the off-air pod, then we should be putting a marker.
Speaker 9: In for this.
Speaker 3: Genuine question to anyone listening at this point. Would you prefer us? if there was no radio show in the podcast. I'm not saying that's what we would do.
Speaker 2: It was just an off-air pod.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is that actually what you're listening for? I'd be interested.
Speaker 7: Well, we can just do... We can revert back to what we used to do and have the show pod and then every day there's the off-air pod.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Which is how the off-air pod started as well. Well, not really, but like.
Speaker 2: It's just I think what we're saying is we're in this... We're in limbo at the moment with all the Spotify stuff and you can't have music in it and all that kind of stuff. What I would truly love, if I had my... Best case scenario, you would cut up the radio show podcast. You cut up the radio show into a podcast because there is good content in the radio show. We do it every day. I like a lot of the stuff in here.
Speaker 3: Good stories. We had the mates on. Good listeners.
Speaker 2: There's stuff in there that I genuinely want to see live on. Spoke about Fast and Furious for a bit. There's some stuff I could leave, like the. Pop quiz at 7am? I don't put it in.
Speaker 3: Most days I don't put it in.
Speaker 2: No, but there is a lot of radio show content that doesn't need to live on in a podcast. There is also some stuff there that could live in a podcast.
Speaker 3: God bless even Secret Stain. I couldn't imagine if you're a podcast you're actually listening to the Secret Stain guests every day. I think they have to be in there so people can do their due diligence.
Speaker 2: What I'm trying to say is I think there's a real difference between radio show content Ben and Liam and podcast Ben and Liam. And you could be forgiven... For just wanting podcasts, Ben and Liam.
Speaker 7: But that's why we could then have a separate every day.
Speaker 2: If you want. All food for thought. We just need the data. Back to the original point that I made when we first did this was let's just put it all in one, a neat little package, episode blah, episode blah, episode blah. When you start doing separate off-air podcasts, then people are having to go past the radio show one to get the off-air pod.
Speaker 3: And then there's too much guff.
Speaker 2: You know, could we have two feeds where it's like, oh, there's the Ben and Liam radio show podcast on its own RSS feed? Is that a thing? And then there's the Ben and Liam off-air, and it's just off-air stuff.
Speaker 7: 99% it'll be a no because they want it all in the one feed.
Speaker 2: Because the numbers look better.
Speaker 3: Correct.
Speaker 7: I get that.
Speaker 2: Disagree, but I get it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And that's the thing. And this is what I tell the boys on site. There's no such thing as a small job. This is a pretty small job. Yeah, but you know what I'm saying, Belle? So you probably wouldn't get it. You're probably not around work sites enough. But you think it's a small job, but then that job creates three other jobs. And I tell the guys, don't get disheartened. This is all just a part of it. And you've had as much trade experience as me.
Speaker 7: What do you actually mean by creates three other jobs?
Speaker 3: Okay, would you like me to just give you an example?
Speaker 4: Yes, please.
Speaker 3: So this is the last job at the moment. But on my home, there is a security shutter on one of the windows.
Speaker 7: Of course.
Speaker 2: The highest of security.
Speaker 3: Highest of security.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Adamantium?
Speaker 3: Yes, it is adamantium, which is about what Wolverine is made out of.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 3: But anyway, they're looking a bit old.
Speaker 2: Which, of course, is mined from Wakanda.
Speaker 3: Wakanda forever.
Speaker 15: Black Panther.
Speaker 3: Black Panther. Now, I've removed that shield because we've put in some bulletproof glass. Okay.
Speaker 2: So the naked eye looks more homely?
Speaker 3: So the shutter's looking a little daggy. But to remove that shutter, it's under a stoop. I don't know if I'm still explaining this right, but we've had to remove the sheeting, like the roofing, from that stoop so then someone could get a ladder through so they can get... the shutter off.
Speaker 2: Gotcha.
Speaker 3: Now, I've removed the sheeting, but the fella has still said, no, it's actually too high. It's a very high and secure window for security threats. Much like an old castle, I suppose you could imagine. So he said, you're going to need to get some scaffolding.
Speaker 13: Right.
Speaker 3: So now I need to get scaffolding between the sheeting before I can get the roofer to come back to put the new sheeting on, which I've already paid him for. Not only do I need to get the scaffolding for the shutter to be removed. Once the shutter has been removed, I'll need to get the renderer to render around the window, and then I'll need the painter to paint around the window. I have other trades coming. It's the main access. It's limited access. It's a very secure property. The trades need to use that, so I cannot actually do that until that's all gone. I also want to retile the stoop. It's a small job. However, the supporting beam of the roof is in such a spot in... the stoop that we basically have to get rid of that entire structure to retile and then put it back up so it's just it's a small example bell of like i want to remove that shutter turns into like seven jobs yeah And this is just some of the stuff I'm doing on site.
Speaker 7: But none of that sounded like a small job at all. Nothing sounds like a small job.
Speaker 3: A small job would be, I'm going to get rid of that shutter. That's what it is in your head. And then it's like, oh, the guy came out. Oh, he can't do that. Oh, get the roofing off.
Speaker 6: Oh, sorry, mate.
Speaker 3: You actually can't come back until you get the other thing. Oh, now I get the scaffolder.
Speaker 7: It's almost like when you guys say, oh, we just want to buy this hovercraft. Or, oh, I just want a loyalty program. Or, oh, I just want to speak to this person from the money company. Or, hey, Belle, can you just do this?
Speaker 3: The money company?
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Or, hey, we want to do this idea. Hey, Belle, can you? Yep, sure.
Speaker 3: And the good thing that you have on your side is you can delegate because there's so many people. You have a team.
Speaker 2: At least you have a team.
Speaker 3: As they say, many hands make right work.
Speaker 7: Why do you have another eye infection? Why is your immune system down?
Speaker 2: Why have you got scurvy?
Speaker 7: Why is your cortisol up?
Speaker 3: Did you say you had a scratch that wasn't healing?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I just know my skin's just breaking.
Speaker 2: Like leprosy.
Speaker 3: Are you a leper?
Speaker 7: No, my eye's fine now.
Speaker 3: Like a leper.
Speaker 7: Some of them have cleared up.
Speaker 2: Are you digging us around with your leprosy?
Speaker 3: You got leprosy in the back end?
Speaker 7: What is leprosy again? Is that like a skin rash thing?
Speaker 3: It's It's a nasty one. I think we're safe talking about it. I don't think people have it these days.
Speaker 2: I think it's when you turn green and you start chasing pots of gold at the end of rainbows.
Speaker 3: That's leprechauns.
Speaker 7: Are you serious, Ben? Or are you taking the piss?
Speaker 3: He's having a laugh.
Speaker 7: I don't know with Ben.
Speaker 3: I never know. So leprosy, I believe it's like people's flesh starts to fall off. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I think there's a movie, there's a king or something, he's got leprosy and he's like, he hides behind a mask.
Speaker 2: That sounds like what you got.
Speaker 3: It's a chronic bacterial infection that targets the skin, nerves, eyes, and upper throat.
Speaker 2: Is that why you got some foundation on today?
Speaker 3: So this would be an example of someone with leprosy and their face has fallen off a little bit.
Speaker 7: That's sad.
Speaker 3: Yes, but that's what you have. That looks like me, yeah.
Speaker 7: That's pretty much me.
Speaker 3: I think, I know I would be very sad if this was still a thing. I could be wrong, but I thought it was a thing that we've been, a horrible thing that we've been able to stamp out of.
Speaker 7: So it does still exist.
Speaker 2: What caused it? Surely it was just like people were pooing on each other and stuff in the chamber pots. You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a bacteria thing. Can I say, is leprosy a thing?
Speaker 7: No, just say, does leprosy still exist?
Speaker 3: Is leprosy still a thing?
Speaker 7: No, not a thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a technical term. Yes, leprosy still exists. About 200,000 new cases diagnosed around the world each year.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's a slow-growing bacteria.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay. That's actually really sad. So leprosy, super rare in Australia, but in some developing countries, still a thing, unfortunately.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 3: Only 100 to 200 kates in the States, but it's not stamped out. See, I thought it was gone. Right.
Speaker 2: So you can't pass it through quick touch, handshakes, et cetera. It only can be passed through droplets. Through a cough or a sneeze.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right.
Speaker 2: Also been known to be carried by the nine-banded armadillo. It's the only animal that can pass it to a human. So maybe I have to get rid of the nine-banded armadillo.
Speaker 3: Do you know the line? They're trying to cast me out. Like a leper.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: Who's that?
Speaker 7: That's the Joker.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Belle, because you do impressions now.
Speaker 7: Could you give us.
Speaker 2: She's always done impressions.
Speaker 3: Could you give all that show some appropriate... The forbidden voices, as they're known.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes.
Speaker 3: Can you give us a Heath Ledger?
Speaker 7: As the Joker or just Heath Ledger?
Speaker 3: No, as the Joker. Because it's easier doing characters that have more.
Speaker 7: I don't want to do this. I don't like impressions. I don't find them funny.
Speaker 3: Make sure your lips are really wet.
Speaker 7: Can you not stare at me when you do it?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 13: Stop.
Speaker 7: I need all this voice. I don't want to do it.
Speaker 3: We'll cast you out like a lamp. Give us a bit. Belle, give us a bit.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 7: You want to know how I got these scars?
Speaker 3: It's like he's in the room with us.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 2: Is Heath Ledger back?
Speaker 7: He is in the room with us. He's always in the room with us.
Speaker 3: Well, true. That is true.
Speaker 2: Now it's Heath Ledger and Dolly Parton.
Speaker 1: Not Reba, though.
Speaker 3: So he's still in the world of the living.
Speaker 7: Look, hey, circling back to the podcast marker, I will ask the question.
Speaker 2: That to me seems like a simple thing we can just drop in, right?
Speaker 7: I've never seen that feature in the back end, but.
Speaker 3: You need to dig around the back end more.
Speaker 7: I do. I will have a chat to Tien and I'll chat to our podcast, our actual legitimate podcast department.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that to me seems like a.
Speaker 3: Put a receipt.
Speaker 2: That to me seems like a... Because as someone who was like, I just want to hear the back end.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I was like, where is it? And then you.
Speaker 7: But what does a marker look like on Spotify?
Speaker 2: What does it look like? There's a clear line.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: And then if you hold and buff.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It like kind of gets to the right spot and it almost, you feel it click. It's like, oh, I am on the right. And then you release and then it starts from where the marker is.
Speaker 11: Yeah, right.
Speaker 7: Not even Casefile has that.
Speaker 2: Although you don't.
Speaker 7: Really need it in Casefile.
Speaker 2: Because you could go to the extreme and you could have chapters. I'm not saying we do chapters.
Speaker 7: Well, there is the AI chapters in the podcast. When you're scrubbing, it does say.
Speaker 2: What was that voice felt? That was.
Speaker 3: Teetering on one of your forbidden books.
Speaker 7: Oh, sure. Yeah, there's the chapter things where it comes up and says, like, Ben tells a story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right.
Speaker 7: Secret stain. It does have that. You can see the chapters.
Speaker 3: Can I just quickly as well on the Dolly Parton thing? There's something I just wanted to flag.
Speaker 13: Yes.
Speaker 3: Earlier this morning I said I was quite impressed. I was quite hot on the Dolly Parton news because I sort of put it in the chat. Dolly Parton's passed away and you said you'd seen it before.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying I woke up to the Dolly Parton family announcement and it was like within the last five minutes. I don't know. All the comments on it was like two minutes ago, three minutes ago. It was like, The post had literally been made five minutes and I put it in the chat straight away. Yeah. And Belle was trying to act like I was Sandra Sully with the late news.
Speaker 7: But I'm telling you, I was sitting in my bed having my coffee, doing my usual quick news scroll to see if Trump died or something.
Speaker 3: But was that not the announcement? I didn't see the family one.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 7: Because what I saw was a headline before at 3.
Speaker 2: It would have been 3.40.
Speaker 3: So people knew before the family announcement.
Speaker 7: And I was sitting having my coffee and I always do the same thing every day. I open Instagram to check if something major has happened overnight.
Speaker 3: But you didn't put it in the chat.
Speaker 7: Because I knew that when we get in here, I'd go through it then. I never put stuff in the chat in the morning of.
Speaker 3: I think I've done it twice in my life. Maybe I'll play it.
Speaker 7: But I never put stuff in in the morning when I see it because I do it when I get in here. That's when I put it all in the dock to roll through with you.
Speaker 3: Because when you see something like Dolly Parton side, it's almost a race to who can put it in the chat first.
Speaker 7: All right, so 4.30, I was in my car driving here. That's when you put it in.
Speaker 3: And I didn't break the news to you.
Speaker 7: No, you did not.
Speaker 3: I feel like I was on the freaking cutting edge because I saw the family post and there was nothing else about it. I was like, oh, well, it must be real because it's the family posting it. But I hadn't seen any other articles yet. So I was like, I'm freaking hot on this.
Speaker 7: They must have put theirs out after the news.
Speaker 3: Either that or I'm on the cutting edge of news.
Speaker 7: But I saw it 50 minutes before you.
Speaker 2: You broke it to me, mate.
Speaker 6: Thanks, bro.
Speaker 3: Thank you. What are you doing tonight, Bill?
Speaker 11: Why?
Speaker 3: Well, tomorrow is an important day.
Speaker 11: Oh, no.
Speaker 2: What's happened?
Speaker 3: You don't know what tomorrow is.
Speaker 7: It's not Jane's birthday because that's September.
Speaker 2: I'm a little bit disgusted that you don't know what tomorrow is.
Speaker 3: You don't know what tomorrow is? The 27th of August?
Speaker 7: Oh, I'm watching the movie.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 3: Well, don't do the forbidden voice. I've told you three times now.
Speaker 7: I'm watching the movie.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Why would you leave it to the day before?
Speaker 3: Dude, you've had a month.
Speaker 7: It's not a movie that I want to watch.
Speaker 2: Honestly, it's actually a murder movie.
Speaker 3: It's a Christopher Nolan thriller. What doesn't appeal?
Speaker 7: I just like watching bright things.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 3: Well, Belle, put it this way.
Speaker 7: Unless I was having a lovely movie.
Speaker 3: Night with someone.
Speaker 7: I'm by myself now.
Speaker 3: You've got to remember that. This entire thing. heaters on you watching this film tonight because if you come to a fun bit if you come to where you've not watched it then i think we just be in a film club because if we can't if we can't even be trusted in one month to watch a film to talk about it then why would anyone else you.
Speaker 2: Know or should we kick out a film club and the next and the next one we do will be like gossip it will be like white chicks or something like what's the movie like uh legally blonde.
Speaker 7: Wait, so I'm kicked out, but then I'm here for when you chat about my favourite films?
Speaker 9: No, no, no.
Speaker 2: You're kicked out, but you can't be a part of the chat.
Speaker 7: You get kicked out of the movie club. Could we please do Legally Blonde next, and then I'll watch Insomnia tonight?
Speaker 2: It's up for discussion if you're in the club. If you're not in the club, you can't vote.
Speaker 7: I will be watching it tonight.
Speaker 2: We all get equal say in the next movie we watch.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I get two votes, Flynn gets two votes, you get a vote.
Speaker 7: Well, I am the woman here, so yeah, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: But we're on air, so we all get equal... Proportionate to what we do.
Speaker 3: Equal everything here.
Speaker 2: It's weighted to our positions.
Speaker 13: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 7: We all have the same job.
Speaker 2: Our boss, Steven, gets three votes.
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 3: Naturally.
Speaker 2: His boss, DB, gets four votes. His boss, DC, gets five votes. His boss, Carrie. Don't forget about Carrie. She gets six votes. Steve-o gets... Ten votes.
Speaker 3: He's the CEO of the company. He's from bloody Golden Grove. I love that.
Speaker 2: Could you imagine if you emailed Steve Oakes or texted him? We have his number. Hey, mate, movie club next month. What movie are you voting for? Bro, he'd probably bro down with me. We're both on 5125.
Speaker 3: We're both from the Sunnybrook Massive.
Speaker 7: We get the pretend spam emails from him. He'd think it's a pretend spam.
Speaker 3: Text from us. I mean, to be fair, as far as CEOs go, he's pretty good in the sense that you get the occasional text, but the emails that you get from him, You don't get texts? Sorry, Bill. The text must be weighted. They must be weighted.
Speaker 7: You guys get the text.
Speaker 3: I don't get it. His emails are not him. It's like the company. It's like, hey, let's keep this discreet. Please transfer me some money. I'm like, what? They're the most fake looking emails.
Speaker 7: Well, I got one yesterday. Who of you was with me when I got that?
Speaker 3: Ah, that was me.
Speaker 7: Was that you?
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I got my first one from the fake.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: But I did have to question it because we are transferring money to people at the moment from the proposal last week to people who we hired for it. So I did have to really second guess that one.
Speaker 3: I might try and get our money back. Send the thing to Steve-O and be like, Steve-O, it's me. Please sign off on this invoice for $ 1, 000 for a hovercraft.
Speaker 2: Real question.
Speaker 3: Must have the money extremely quick.
Speaker 2: Real question. I'm assuming the answer is no because we didn't get a receipt. Can we claim the money that we lost on the hovercraft because it was a business expense? That's purely a work expense.
Speaker 7: No, because all the recordings is you saying we're using our own money, using our own money.
Speaker 2: It's our money. It's still a work expense. We're buying that for our job. I'm saying can we claim that?
Speaker 7: So what you're saying is you could buy a Maserati and say it's the show Maserati and then claim it on work.
Speaker 3: If it was legitimately for the show, you actually could, yeah.
Speaker 2: That's how tax works.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, but you're not saying tax. You're saying you want to ask the company for the money.
Speaker 2: Oh, no, no, no, no. I'm saying my tax return.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm saying next year can we claim that as a deduction?
Speaker 7: Oh, I mean, I'm just saying, yeah.
Speaker 2: What do you reckon?
Speaker 3: It's a hard one. It's probably one for Marcus.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 2: I think he would say no.
Speaker 3: I think Marks would say no. I feel like if we run it through personal management, Gary would say yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, go for it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's him. But, yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm going to write it down as a question mark.
Speaker 3: Well, it's more like, hey, can I claim $ 500 for being scammed from a woman in Banksgate Park for a, well, don't look at me like that, Belle. That's what happened. She took $ 1, 000 from us. She should be ashamed.
Speaker 7: Did you guys see Liam Jones' post in the pod squad this morning?
Speaker 12: No.
Speaker 7: Ben may have.
Speaker 2: What did he say?
Speaker 7: Liam Jones, big mouth on you. Bloody hell, he is calling you weak. Hang on, where did he post?
Speaker 3: Well, Liam, we can give you the people's address. Feel free to collect that.
Speaker 10: No.
Speaker 7: I'm just joking. Here you go, Liam. You can read Liam's.
Speaker 3: Liam Jones is on a post here. sorry guys, but it needs to be said, this hovercraft situation is so weak. It grinds my gears. You are like two grown men throwing away $ 1, 000 to a high school bully. You deserve the wives to take the mickey until you sort it out. Get your money back. Bella would absolutely have more balls to do with this. Yes, fair, Liam, but it's like, what do you do in a situation like that? You can't, what do you do?
Speaker 7: I'm not going to the house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you know what I mean? It's like, we've transferred, like, they're just going to keep ignoring us. So what do you do? And like, I don't know. What are you going to take them to court over? At a certain point.
Speaker 2: No, and also the whole point of a deposit, and I'm annoyed we lost our money, but the whole point of a deposit is you're giving them a deposit so that they would take the ad down so that it's yours so that they are not out of pocket because they could argue within reasonable doubt that they could have lost a sale taking it down in the time that we spent to go look at it. So technically a deposit is what we used it for. And they can argue that it's theirs. Now, obviously, if you're a good person, you just give it back. But they didn't.
Speaker 3: And they're bad people.
Speaker 2: So it's like, it's annoying they kept it, but they do have a leg to stand on. Well, they are.
Speaker 7: Hey, please be careful.
Speaker 2: Of what? Saying factual statements.
Speaker 7: That's not a fact.
Speaker 3: That's an opinion. I paid $ 500 to have this opinion. So did he.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's an expensive opinion.
Speaker 2: That skirt was awful on that thing. It was all crispy.
Speaker 3: We're not talking about the woman. We're talking about the bloody hovercraft skirt.
Speaker 2: It had a crispy skirt.
Speaker 3: The skirt was crisped beyond measure.
Speaker 2: And the guy said to me, he said, oh, yeah, it's a bit crispy, but you can fix that. I don't know how to fix a crispy skirt, mate.
Speaker 3: Where are you going to get one from? The Hovercraft Skirt Shop. Oh, yes. Is that next to Spotlight? It doesn't exist.
Speaker 2: The trailer was unregistered, so we couldn't just chuck it on and go. Whole thing. Whole thing. Had to go to Regency. No, you're not a part of this, Bill, because you didn't lose $ 500... Trailer unregistered. Had to go to Regency to get it. Get it plated. Get it plated up.
Speaker 3: We thought it was turnkey.
Speaker 2: Flat tyres. Even if you got the bloody thing registered it had flat tyres. It was not turnkey.
Speaker 7: One day, like with Liam's poo jacket, one day I'm going to release the BTS footage.
Speaker 3: It'll be good.
Speaker 2: Let's leave it there, but there is plenty more to say on the Hovercraft topic that we can't go into too much detail.
Speaker 3: Hashtag Hovergate.
Speaker 2: You know what? Ask us at a live show if you ever come to a live podcast thing.
Speaker 7: What's that?
Speaker 2: I don't know when. End of year, we'll do a big podcast party and we'll tell what actually happened.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 7: Okay, yes, I will be watching the movie tonight. Is there any other pod business? that we needed to attend. I had an influx yesterday of people trying to enter the Ben, Liam and Belle pod squad.
Speaker 2: Oh, really?
Speaker 14: Why is that?
Speaker 7: I don't know. But I'm still accepting people into that.
Speaker 2: By influx, you mean like five?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, it should be zero. What do you mean? Ben, Liam and Belle pod squad.
Speaker 3: Oh, sorry.
Speaker 7: So I'm still accepting people so they can go in, see the posts, redirecting. And go.
Speaker 2: See they're at a graveyard.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Find the right one.
Speaker 7: See no one's there and think, oh, where am I supposed to be?
Speaker 2: Wrong address. There must be people who are trying to join the current one and they just see the old one comes up because it's got more people in it.
Speaker 7: But then, so I am accepting people in so that they can then be redirected.
Speaker 1: So that's, yes.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 7: There's still people posting about Mingle, so thank you. Oh, there was also chat about from Matt saying that the all-time goat pod intro was Eli's indie podcast. band intro.
Speaker 2: Remember Eli did all the different genres pre-ALA?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 2: That was genuinely very good. Can we get that as the intro? Because that's copyright free, right?
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I thought you said Nova. Yeah, it could work.
Speaker 2: Do we want that?
Speaker 7: Do we want it?
Speaker 2: We'll give his.
Speaker 3: Bring it back.
Speaker 2: We'll give his Insta a big plug.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we should bring that back.
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 2: We'll just say to him, hey, can you send us the intro file?
Speaker 7: He wouldn't have it.
Speaker 2: You wouldn't have it?
Speaker 7: No, it would have been on a work computer, but we can just rip it from an old pod.
Speaker 2: The quality would be horrible, right?
Speaker 7: I'll see, I'll see. And then we'll just get a bed on the back of it.
Speaker 2: I do like that intro, it's fun.
Speaker 7: Well, people were commenting saying it was their favourite too, so everyone was backing him up. What do we have here? Well, Ryan Carr said, wouldn't it be copyright to the previous station?
Speaker 2: Let's not get into that.
Speaker 7: Everyone keep it under your Von Dutch.
Speaker 2: Just don't tell Nova Boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 14: Um.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Neil said definitely his favourite of all time, Craig.
Speaker 3: Don't tell Nova Boy about the record presented to Nova that Belle has hanging in her house either. Don't tell him about that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, it's getting loved. It's getting a lot more attention at my house than it was in.
Speaker 3: The Nova office.
Speaker 2: You look at it and appreciate it?
Speaker 7: I do, actually.
Speaker 9: Really?
Speaker 7: I love that.
Speaker 2: Like I see him walking around your house, just going to the fridge, going to the couch. Go to the bathroom, stand at the art for a bit, just stare at it and your little thing fills up.
Speaker 7: Literally, I did the Kath and Kim meme of the scene in one of my Instagram posts while we were having our gardening leave. That was genuinely bad. I'm not even kidding. That's what I was doing.
Speaker 2: What was the name, sorry?
Speaker 7: In Kath and Kim, Kath stops working and she has so much time, she just walks around the house and sits on different furniture and she doesn't really know what to do with herself and it's just silence and it's just her. That was me, our whole garden. I just kept going to the gym and then I'd be like, You need like a hobby or something. I started going up shopping and like making furniture and then I was like, I don't need any more furniture. I just, I didn't know what to do with myself.
Speaker 2: I genuinely didn't.
Speaker 7: I just sat outside and got really tanned. It was awesome.
Speaker 2: You should go to the, um, the property and go pat the cows.
Speaker 3: Feed them some cats.
Speaker 2: I was telling Bill off air that.
Speaker 3: I don't actually have a hobby really.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you do.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm getting dressed up.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I suppose my hobby has sort of become a side hustle.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And much like my hobby has also become a job with radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But then it's like, then by default, then I don't, it's not like, oh yeah, I paint in my spare time. I don't have a.
Speaker 2: Stop monetizing your interests.
Speaker 3: It's what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: Just do it for the love of it.
Speaker 7: When people say like, oh, my gym is my hobby. I don't see that as a hobby. That's not a hobby.
Speaker 2: No, that's more physical fitness.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'd say my, I would like to, I'd like to say my hobby is golf, but I just don't play enough. I would say.
Speaker 7: Yours is like gardening and DIY though.
Speaker 2: It's a lifestyle.
Speaker 3: Like a hobby does feel like a fun, I don't know, yeah, like an instrument, a sport. Yeah, I would say that's a hobby. That is a hobby.
Speaker 7: But I don't really have anything else. Because op shopping... That's an unhealthy relationship. It's an interest.
Speaker 3: I took a bunch of stuff to Savers on the weekend. I should have given you a whole. What?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 2: Why do you go to Savers?
Speaker 3: They just take everything.
Speaker 7: Well, Savers give you a coupon when you donate.
Speaker 3: I also didn't get the coupon.
Speaker 9: Oh, my God.
Speaker 3: After arriving off, I was like, probably should have got.
Speaker 7: That for Bill. You get a 20% off coupon.
Speaker 2: Because they sell it. I don't like that.
Speaker 7: Everything sells. What do you mean?
Speaker 14: No.
Speaker 2: Like they, sorry, as in they, they're a company. They're not a charity.
Speaker 3: Well, what I would say is, for example, like I would use Goodwill, like a Goodwill bin is like good for clothes. Like, you know, out in front of a church.
Speaker 2: Savers is good for junk.
Speaker 7: It's like, no, no junk, please.
Speaker 2: Junk, like just like, what was like, what did you have? Like a broken umbrella.
Speaker 8: Savers.
Speaker 7: No, that's no, no.
Speaker 3: I had like big camping chairs.
Speaker 7: Like, Okay, every op shop would take that.
Speaker 2: Pairs in them and stuff. Every op shop takes everything.
Speaker 3: I just don't really have the room. And much like the bikes. I said, Sarah, we haven't camped in five years.
Speaker 2: You don't have the bikes?
Speaker 3: I sold the bikes. Sold the bikes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 7: What was wrong with the camping chairs?
Speaker 2: Anything?
Speaker 3: Nothing wrong with them. No, not at all. Like a fan, pedestal fan.
Speaker 7: I need one.
Speaker 3: Lights, tons of stuff.
Speaker 11: Lights?
Speaker 7: Like lamps?
Speaker 9: Yep.
Speaker 3: I want more lamps.
Speaker 1: Hey.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 2: Well, if you want them, they're at Savers.
Speaker 7: Please let me be your first trash bin.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm going to do a big hard rubbish next week.
Speaker 2: Churchill Road? Which Savers did you go to?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Churchill. Yeah, they've got a little spot out the back, a little geyser there. Which one's that one?
Speaker 2: It's near the.
Speaker 3: Bunnings, Churchill Road.
Speaker 2: Churchill Road.
Speaker 7: Oh, past Prospect.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Churchill Road, Savers. I went to that one the other day. Actually, so one, I was like proud of me for doing, I had like a big... So I actually, so I have, you know, like I have that Esky that I would take to parties and stuff. Yeah. I got ripped one time, went to one of Macy's parties and I was like, okay, dad, got your Esky? And I was like, well, I actually like my drinks cold, but I was a little bit sad. Being bullied. Being bullied.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because I had communal Eskys where you just, everyone chucks their drinks in.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 7: You came with your own.
Speaker 3: I had my own. I came to drink. I intended on them being cold. Anyway, so I gave that Esky away because I've got like a bigger Esky, but I was like, realistically, I don't really need a travel size Esky. Like big one, good if you're going like proper camping, put food and stuff in it, like an ice box. But like the travel Esky, I'm like probably not as necessary. So, and we've really been trying to just clear house. But I had like all my DVDs like in there, just like I had like all these like Liverpool, like Liverpool's all their Champions League finals, every World Cup from like 1930 right up until 2010. What you donated all this? All my Mighty Boosh DVDs, all my Mighty Boosh live DVDs. Yeah, everything. All the stuff I grew up on, like Monty Python, Little Britain.
Speaker 2: Don't give away your physical media.
Speaker 3: I'd take that. What are you doing? You would have taken that?
Speaker 2: I'd put it in a shipping cabinet.
Speaker 3: Hamish and Andy box set.
Speaker 2: Why did you give that away?
Speaker 7: What is wrong with you?
Speaker 3: Well, I just don't have... I don't use CDs. Yeah, but it's... DVDs.
Speaker 7: But it's not about using them. It's also like your Liverpool ones and all that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you just have it there on a nice display. What I'm saying is that they've been on the top of my... Sorry to say it. car stacker in a box.
Speaker 2: What's a car stacker?
Speaker 7: His car lift. You know the one that.
Speaker 2: Oh, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Been on top of my car lift.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but some stuff does go in a box and just get to put away. That's what happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, but I just.
Speaker 2: It's a memory. Yeah. Because you don't use it, it doesn't mean you should get rid of it.
Speaker 7: Wait, which Hamish and Andy's box?
Speaker 3: The one that was like a suitcase?
Speaker 7: Oh, yeah, I've got that one.
Speaker 3: You've got that? I thought you would already have it. I was like, I should get this about, and I was like, she's probably already got it. And then I was like, my Mighty Boots ones, I was like, oh... Is yours signed?
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought Um, uh, but yeah, no, I was, it was a little bit hard giving them up, but I was also like, realistically, do I need this stuff?
Speaker 2: I would have put all that in a Kmart tub.
Speaker 3: That's what it was in. I would have put it in a shipping container, but it doesn't need to be, you know what I mean? Some, some, my thought is maybe there's a kid out there, same age as me. They're going to discover the mighty bush and just be like, Oh my God. Or watch those Hamish and Andy things. And they get into radio.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Freddie, your Godson.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Think of a God chart.
Speaker 2: You took that away from him.
Speaker 7: But when donating, you do have to remember that, that yes, and departing was something that I think like, oh God, like I really love this, but it is sometimes like something like the Liverpool thing where it's a little bit niche, but not really. And you donate it. And I like to think about when I find things in op shops that I'm like, oh my gosh, I love this so much. I can't believe someone donated this. And you find it and it brings you so much joy. There might be a kid out there who lives for Liverpool and has been looking for something like that box set.
Speaker 3: All physical disc games, all the PlayStation games, everything.
Speaker 7: Or someone will find it and go, oh, my gosh, my nephew is going to, like, this is going to be the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I've come for. PlayStation games?
Speaker 14: Everything.
Speaker 9: Oh, man.
Speaker 3: Everything.
Speaker 7: You really didn't think of Ben or I in this at all, did you?
Speaker 3: Look, I should have probably. To be honest, I got into a groove on Saturday and I was like, we are moving. And the stacker got cleared, everything, bang, bang, bang. But there's a couple of things where I was like, I did all that stuff. I gave away like three bags of clothes. I gave away so much stuff. All my DVDs, everything. Sarah hasn't given up shit. And I was like, hey, we've got two Christmas trees, Darl. We don't need two. One of these is going. And she said, can we at least take them to the other place and then I can decide? I said, sure, Darl. No worries.
Speaker 5: But.
Speaker 3: So, okay.
Speaker 7: If you want some of Liam's clothes, you can go to Safer's in Churchill Road.
Speaker 3: I did actually... I was... Absolutely clearing house. The only thing I kept that I was like, oh, a listener might like this, was my Nova sock. I was about to chuck that in the bin and I was like, oh, maybe someone from.
Speaker 7: You don't even want that.
Speaker 3: No, why would I want that?
Speaker 7: You just don't, you don't really have like.
Speaker 3: I'm not a materialistic guy.
Speaker 2: If you're doing your hard rubbish, you should chuck it under you, bring it to the property, we'll do a big bonfire.
Speaker 3: Bring your esky. Frick yeah.
Speaker 2: What kind of stuff's in Hard Rubbish?
Speaker 3: Hard Rubbish. Oh, I mean, do you want like a massive... You know that Tame Impala frame I had, that huge one?
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 7: No, but hang on. Why is that going in Hard Rubbish and not.
Speaker 3: To the op shop? Oh, the frame's a bit dicked.
Speaker 7: It doesn't matter. Someone will get a new frame.
Speaker 2: Frame's dicked.
Speaker 7: This is something that like, again, someone would see that and be like, holy hell. Bring it to work.
Speaker 3: I'll take it.
Speaker 6: Yeah. I.
Speaker 3: I suppose, yeah, I don't really have, I mean, probably the only physical thing, which I do love my records, but I do find, I'm like, wow, they're super heavy. I haven't actually had, I don't have really a forever home yet. I don't really have a spot where I can just be like, oh, cool, this is where the records live. So that's the main sort of possession I have other than just like clothes. And then just like, well, I don't know, my phone, laptop. Oh, and then obviously tons of costumes. But yeah, I don't really keep, Hang.
Speaker 7: On, are you putting records in hard rubbish?
Speaker 3: No, no, not at all, no.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 7: What else have you got for your hard rubbish?
Speaker 3: I don't know, it's just a big, I don't know, most of the good, most of the decent stuff has gone to save us.
Speaker 15: Okay.
Speaker 3: Like the two car, like dude, car loads.
Speaker 7: Don't rub it in.
Speaker 3: I'm not rubbing it in. I'm just saying.
Speaker 7: I would have taken some of your stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you don't need all this stuff is what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: We don't need a lot of things, but it's nice to have things in life.
Speaker 3: I like to be surrounded by things. On the opposite, I think it's nice to not have other things. One thing I would like is my Acras, but that's not a privilege I have.
Speaker 7: Oh, I made a funny video.
Speaker 3: Can I show you?
Speaker 7: Because Ben and I.
Speaker 3: Have had them robbed from us. Acras, our Australian Commercial Radio Awards. We'll never win one again because they don't exist anymore.
Speaker 7: This is a very niche video that I made. I laughed and I found it very funny. And I was like, I can't post it because no one will get it. It's very neat.
Speaker 2: Okay, is it going to make sense in a video format?
Speaker 7: So the audio is from Cars when he finds.
Speaker 3: The piston cups. Piston cup?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: He has a piston cup? That's pretty funny. Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 11: Piston or three?
Speaker 8: Oh, my gosh.
Speaker 3: Three piston cups?
Speaker 2: I like that a lot.
Speaker 3: That's actually great. That's funny. You should put it in the postcard or something.
Speaker 2: But then again, that's extra funny to us because of the context of they're actually ours. I was going to.
Speaker 7: Send it to you guys on the weekend.
Speaker 3: But I still laughed and it's less funny for us because they were stolen from us and we still found it funny.
Speaker 7: I can put it in the pod squad, but, yeah, I made it on the weekend. I had it ready. I was going to send it to you guys.
Speaker 2: And I was like, nah. Do it for the pod squad.
Speaker 7: I'll put it in the pod squad. I thought the audio was funny.
Speaker 2: Most people wouldn't even know what they are. What is that?
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 3: We won a tear as well. We didn't go to Akra's without winning one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but you know what's great?
Speaker 2: We never lost.
Speaker 7: Like, and with the Akra's finishing, like, yeah, that is actually such a power move to be like the final three, boom, boom, boom, and then it's done.
Speaker 3: I wanted to get Monopoly on the best comedy segment.
Speaker 2: Well, we kind of did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I wanted to.
Speaker 7: Sorry, this hovercraft person is calling me back.
Speaker 2: All right, you're forgiven to leave.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I will come and pat the cows. We didn't come back today.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm going to sink these in the bin, then we're going to wrap this up.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks, Belle. Hi, is that Clinton?
Speaker 9: Sorry, Belle.
Speaker 1: Clinton.
Speaker 2: Personal calls outside the studio.
Speaker 7: Thanks for calling me back.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Let's close. Sorry, I was running into the studio.
Speaker 5: It's not good.
Speaker 13: Missed?
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 2: One day we'll get it.
Speaker 3: One day we'll get it, yeah. If you've never heard that bit before, Ben tries to get 10 scrunched up pieces of paper into the bin. And when I do, we will ascend. It will be something to behold, for sure.
Speaker 2: Content heavens. Might even end the podcast.
Speaker 3: Dolly, what are you doing here? No, that's... Sorry.
Speaker 9: See ya.
Speaker 3: And that's it!