Speaker 1: Christ Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Showtime.
Speaker 3: Have had milk cows?
Speaker 4: Of course I have.
Speaker 5: I did speak to the manager.
Speaker 6: Name your bum bus Monday?
Speaker 1: Okay, The Christian O'Connell Show Gold one oh four point three, so.
Speaker 7: One thousand, one hundred and seventy three.
Speaker 8: Christian O'Connell's Show. Morning, Patsy, Morning, Good morning, Jackie boy.
Speaker 5: Good to see you guys.
Speaker 8: Now, Patsy, we missed you Thursday and Friday. You're on carers leave.
Speaker 6: Yes, how did it go? How is christ where? I we love? God'sknee operation? Oh my god, the trauma. You haven't heard your knee replace got a titanium leg.
Speaker 3: Now I am so exhausted.
Speaker 5: I tell you what.
Speaker 3: I take my head off to people who you know permanent, well, no, like, I just I just don't know how oft.
Speaker 8: These mystery people. By the way, the post referring to doesn't want to name them.
Speaker 3: I think I underestimated how laid up he would be. The poor Love.
Speaker 5: God Miniscus douse surprised spread he's in this brace from like.
Speaker 3: The operation, has to keep it straight and can't even put weight on it. The poor Love, He's absolutely sick of it already, and I feel so sorry for him. He can't do anything and it's driving him to.
Speaker 8: Describe this set about home. Has he got like a care area? Is he just in bed? Well?
Speaker 3: I had to before I left the house today. I had to make sure everything was in arms reach. So he's on like the zimmer frame. So he actually came to bed after me last night and I heard this god awful commotion with the zimmer frame getting thrown up against the wall because he had to sort of like lunge himself into bed. And I said, why didn't you just wake me up? And he's like, no, no, no, you go to sleep. It's okay, Yeah, we know why.
Speaker 8: Thing we actually put up with drop.
Speaker 3: So I had to put the zimmer frame within reach, you know, reaching distance, And then next to his chair in the lounge, I had to put all of his medication. I put a drink of water there.
Speaker 6: That in a bowl. Was it a dog bottle? The dog gets better tree Crest.
Speaker 4: Drinks.
Speaker 8: No will I take to get their partners a glass of water and.
Speaker 3: Into the kitchen, but he just so I had.
Speaker 6: To have it, and I had to this just remind myselves.
Speaker 9: Hair I had to be careful after I had my shower, and we've told Audrey you have to mop up after yourself.
Speaker 3: There's no leaving towels on the floor. Make sure there's not a scaic of water, because it can be very dangerous. Not as scary, so I had to make the path he's landing sort of clear so he didn't trip over anything while I was at work.
Speaker 6: It sounds minimal what you've done for the within he came.
Speaker 3: Getting him in the house was really hectic. I couldn't get him in the house because he's probably terrified.
Speaker 5: You have to carry him across the threshold.
Speaker 3: Newly went, we can't hop Kenny, and we've got quite a high lip through our front door. And I honestly didn't know what to do. And I thought, you're gonna have to get one of the nobles to help me, like piggyback him in or something. And then he remembered, we've got the doggy ramp from the car. He said, get the doggy ramp and I can hobble up. So we got the doggie ramp up on the lip of the door and got him in.
Speaker 6: So they do not give you like a wheelchair.
Speaker 3: Him no, but I probably should have got one in hindsight.
Speaker 6: We'll get one today.
Speaker 3: No, he doesn't need No, he's all right now. He's inside him a wheelchair pel Stream. We'll be knocking the walls and hitting plaster off on. He doesn't need a wheelchair. He's got his zimmer frame and his crutch.
Speaker 6: Chris right now, just weeping, unable to move.
Speaker 5: You've done your water, Chris.
Speaker 4: So has he got a bell?
Speaker 6: How does he get this Carer's attention?
Speaker 3: No, well, my ear, I've got like a fox ear. I always hear if he needs something. I check on him every couple of hours.
Speaker 6: Also known, how's he going to how's he going to the toilet?
Speaker 3: We'll have to help him, Yes, loved, and I had to go up to mom and Dad's house because Dad's got one of those shower chairs so we could shower him. Misterday, I said, right, we're going to shower today. No more spongebards. We're going to shower. So that took about two hours. So you know, you can have a shower every couple of days.
Speaker 8: Our thoughts really are generally with Chris right now. He must actually be just welcome. When you were going back to work for cover. I was a sweet relief. It's as tormentor slash care. It comes back.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 8: Right now Chris is using a silver spoon to try and tunnel out of that house. Must escape, must escape, It makes it, finally makes it down the corner as past comes back, Dirty.
Speaker 6: Birdie, Misery.
Speaker 8: God went a four point three Monday Morning Christian O'Connell's show for Carls. So right now at the Games in Paris is the h It looks incredible. The closing ceremony over the weekend sadly the biggest talking point for Team Australia on the global platform. One word someone we didn't really know existed on Friday, But now the whole world does Reygun.
Speaker 5: Especially after our whole of gold. It's our best ever turnout at the Olympics and now our lasting memory.
Speaker 6: Yeah, is the Kangaroo a meme? You've become a meme.
Speaker 8: My dad called me yesterday and when we have our Sunday night chat, and the half of it was about Raygun.
Speaker 6: I said, Dad, Astralia done really without eighteen girls.
Speaker 8: No one is talking about that. So they're talking about that woman and the cultural study. She's got a PhD in break dancing or whatever it's called.
Speaker 5: The same thing was with Bianker's family over in the US, were after all the medals were one the only thing they're asking about is like, who is this some sort of natural hero of yours?
Speaker 6: Yeah, my dad was like, do you know her? No one knew her, No one knew her Friday. Now she's one word. She's a global thing, raygun? What did we all think?
Speaker 8: So I just happened to have the TV on. I was up early Saturday morning. I happen to have on the background. I saw what the breaking was on. So I thought, oh, I watched this. I actually couldn't believe. I was laughing so hard that actually I woke my daughter up. She came down to have a go with You need to see what's happening. They said, this is a moment in time. I think this is going to come a big thing. She she wasn't doing what they were doing, so she had a different language.
Speaker 6: She was doing what my kids when they were little girls.
Speaker 8: She didn't make up dance mooves and go watch this, watch this and then do some piece of crap and then you go brilliant girls that's brilliant. There was one move she did on her back that my dog does when she rolls in fox shit.
Speaker 6: That's sort of backgrounding thing.
Speaker 5: Just to get it off.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but none of it appeared to be what everybody else was doing.
Speaker 5: You were the first person who had learned it to me, And thank you because you men, I could catch up before she became The Internet's kind of taken it away from her, isn't it. It's like she's become a global superstar. But you were the first person to say we've got to get her on on the show on Monday morning before she was this global superstar.
Speaker 8: Well, I put a post up on Instagram right and I got attacked on social media. People are very angry about what's happened. The Prime Minister of this country. I had to actually make a comment about her, which is insane.
Speaker 10: They had crack good honor and a big shout out to her. That is in the Australian tradition of people having a go. She's had a go representing our country and that's a good thing.
Speaker 8: I love the fact that they must have just must have brainstormed. What actually can you say? Because have you seen that she was bad private the celebrated she gave it. I mean to go all that way and to lose three of her matches games breaks eighteen zero, eighteen zero eighteen zero, you and I. I mean I could have done most of the sprinkler.
Speaker 6: I could have done that.
Speaker 5: Does she known the way there, what the competition's going to be like, or does she think there's a chance.
Speaker 8: She's represented Australia at the last three World Championships after she said, I knew I wasn't as good as them technically or in breakdance, so I thought I'd improvise.
Speaker 6: I think that ain't the place to make stuff up, is it? The Olympics.
Speaker 8: It's not a place to make it up the other's You could tell her all choreographs sort.
Speaker 5: Of moves, but there is something nice about it. There is something us. Oh, it's refreshing despite what is obvious. And you can't dance. Yes you went out and did it any Yes she did? Or did you think Pats?
Speaker 3: I actually don't know how she made like how did she qualify in the place?
Speaker 5: I guess we just don't have any better breakdowns?
Speaker 3: Like you know, But hats off to her bloody good honor.
Speaker 6: I say again, it's hats off Monday.
Speaker 8: Today, it's hats off to her, to the people that give other people glasses of water.
Speaker 6: And I know it's hats off Monday.
Speaker 2: Christian know Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 8: For this week's one Second Winner, when we go back to a year golden hear today is nineteen eighty three, Patsy, Off the top of your head, what hus thing happened in nineteen eighty three in the world of sport?
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, I don't know. Well, it definitely wasn't an Olympics because it was an uneven year.
Speaker 6: Correct correct?
Speaker 5: Correct eighty three?
Speaker 3: Can't tell you off the top of my head.
Speaker 5: I'll have a guess and say Hawkes won the Grand Final.
Speaker 6: I tell you what.
Speaker 5: Any bus who sets anyone but not turning up the day?
Speaker 6: Yes, So do you remember at Patsy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can remember waking up and Mum watched one of you know, the Brickish shows today or whatever it was, and I remember that watching Bob Hawk and we're all seeing, how hilarious is our prime minister talking like that clearly drunk?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Nineteen eighty three Australia broke the longest winning streak and sporting history. September the twenty sixth, nineteen eighty three, when Australia two won the America's Cup. There's a great Netflix documentary about it.
Speaker 5: I think the eighth of the century.
Speaker 6: That's it. Yeah, well worth watching, really really good.
Speaker 8: Also in nineteen eighty three, I'm gonna be going to cinema to see this BMX Bandits.
Speaker 10: BMX bandits out wild in the streets in a high playing ride to adventure.
Speaker 2: It's thrills and spills, fast and furious fun.
Speaker 6: It's a real last This was.
Speaker 8: One of the first movies Nicole Kidman did as well. But I love BMX Bandits.
Speaker 5: Thrills and spills are such an eighties yea for a movie.
Speaker 8: Yeah, let's bring it back, all right? One second, win, I've got some of the biggest hits of nineteen eighty three. One second of these songs, Jackie boy, are you ready to guess them? Let's go, Pats, are you ready?
Speaker 3: I'm ready?
Speaker 5: Oh, Church on Time.
Speaker 3: What was the name of it?
Speaker 6: I think you know.
Speaker 3: It's David Bowie, Yes, and it's what's the name of the song?
Speaker 6: I'll get your point? You got taken? The boy?
Speaker 5: Does he ever playing that? Bit to the church on.
Speaker 3: All right, oh love, true Love is true?
Speaker 6: Yes? What on back in the school disco?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 6: What don't you? All right?
Speaker 8: We sometimes played this song. In fact, we should play for the next half an hour.
Speaker 3: Yes, Eddie what was his name? Eddie someone maguire?
Speaker 8: This is a tune Eddie Grant's Electric Avenue group.
Speaker 6: Who's this from nineteen eighty three?
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, yes, silken Heads?
Speaker 6: All right, big hit from eighty three?
Speaker 3: Oh Tyler total clip?
Speaker 6: Yes, appoint each.
Speaker 3: She still looks amazing. I'm sorry you need to hear the other day?
Speaker 6: All right? What are the schools? By the way, who are you leading?
Speaker 3: I do believe? Oh yeah, yeah yeah what now I needed a little bit more? Okay, yeah, I can't think of it though.
Speaker 8: Shucker can't shuck a, cahn't shuck a can ain't nobody?
Speaker 6: All right? Last one?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah yeah?
Speaker 3: How does it feeler alive?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 6: The Order through Monday The Order.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 8: So phatsy what does Chris do in the morning? Then while you're going to be at work, who's going to look after him?
Speaker 3: Well, mummy is coming up, so ords will get up, get herself ready for school, and.
Speaker 6: Young teenagers are really caring as well.
Speaker 8: I found that whenever my wife I've been all acquiring any kind of assistance, they musstort of just roll you into a ditch and wait for death.
Speaker 3: I did leave her with strict instructions. I said, hey, listen, just make sure there's no water on the floor when you shower, pick up your tail, and make daddy some breakfast. There's some fruit salad there in the fridge.
Speaker 8: That ain't any breakfast. There's going to be no breakfast coming from a teenager. To forget it. She put a mirror made ber on his nose. Check his alive out the door.
Speaker 3: Lucky, and then Mum will come up and take her up to the bus stop. And then he's on his own from about I reckon quarter to eight until.
Speaker 6: I get it's must just suck in for surgery. She's obviously going to be off work then, is he Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, at least two weeks because he's got to keep his legs straight, can't bend it, can't put weight on.
Speaker 6: So is he one of those braces or cages a wheelchair? Yeah? Why he gets he's.
Speaker 3: Got my ability, he's got his zimmer frame and then.
Speaker 6: He'll wait on it. A wheelchair. I think you can hire them.
Speaker 3: No, but see, I think the zimmer frame is great because he can.
Speaker 8: He's all you're worried about is the noise of having the wheelchair and you don't actually want him.
Speaker 3: Moving, think of sitting down. So at least with the zimmer frame he can get up.
Speaker 8: And what's the name of people that want people to get ill? Is it Munchausen syndrome. Yeah, you're Dr Munchausen.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he've clipped his wings so he can't fly.
Speaker 8: You let that beautiful canary fly. He needs more than cattlefish.
Speaker 2: Good mining, good mining.
Speaker 8: If anyone seriously does know, how do you hire a wheelchair? I feel like we need to intervene on heart dress.
Speaker 5: It's going to be a beautiful day today. Want to go out and see.
Speaker 6: The get some sun on his face like in Shaw Shout with Empson. We're staring up at the rain. That's our man, Chris the Love God. We're coming with a wheelchair for you.
Speaker 8: Metallic freedom is coming, Chris Chariots of Freedom his chair. If anyone does know he got hold of the worldchair, please learn slow because obviously.
Speaker 6: His care absent.
Speaker 8: You now owe this company. Two days you owe this company. You've been careless, careless, care.
Speaker 2: No Christian Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 8: We're doing the show the TV studio and the TV on in at the moment watching in closing soundary where it's actually very very hard to try and understand what's happening.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 8: In a second episode of Countdown, there's that random French east getting up and having a sing song so karaoke.
Speaker 5: I guess this is like the French Beatles for all we.
Speaker 6: We don't know.
Speaker 8: Maybe the Frenchies love the who Weather's up there right now, but it's like a middle aged men chamming out. I reckon what they should do is it should end with all the gold medalists have like a karaoke session.
Speaker 6: That should be the way it should be ended. Alright.
Speaker 8: Then the good morning minute, we try and say good morning to as many of you as possible in one minute. Good good morning, good mining do you jack abat to you any with you? Good morning, good morning to Rob Lewis cutting kangaroo moves whilst break dancing in.
Speaker 6: The Yarra Valley.
Speaker 8: Lewis Christian Patsy sounds like the woman out of misery.
Speaker 6: Yes, I know, yeah, Kathy Bates, Yeah, one a lot of them.
Speaker 8: Actually, can we get that audio clip which he has a going when when he tries to escape, Actually she kicks him out of that wheelchair?
Speaker 6: Who doesn't want her? Can they have a wheelchair? Dirty Birdie?
Speaker 3: We have the penguin's pointing in the wrong direction when I get home that he's been moving around to me?
Speaker 8: Is that euphemism? I understand what's happening, penguin? I don't know.
Speaker 5: Well everyone else takets skin. Good morning, Chris, text help help and we'll come to you.
Speaker 8: Kat from Frankston, listen to show one at the gym. Good morning Cat, Good morning Christ and the team. James from Balwyn North getting ready for work.
Speaker 5: Good morning, come on, it's only one basic thing Bourne with our enemies at high school, so something.
Speaker 8: Good morning to Debbie Potter, listened to the show in camera. Good morning, Good morning to rose in Weerribye. Who's listening at home? Listen roseen Weerby, because you got around to another the most famous resident.
Speaker 6: But he's really you need where we love God. You're just listen out for him, you'll hear.
Speaker 8: And Good morning to Sammy listening to the show right now in Sydney. Good morning, Sammy, Good morning Sammy, Sammy, thank you very much, haven't got in good morning, good morning.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 8: Coming up next after Schneia Twain. You can tell us about your weekend and six words Christmas will.
Speaker 6: Just be holp help help, help help.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 8: That's what happened to you of your weekend in six words. You can text us for your six word weekend too. Oh four seven five three one o four three.
Speaker 3: What's it for you, Patsy, Yeah, knowing you've reached a new low win. I was watching the ladies the women's marathon yesterday, wasn't they amazing? Amazing? How they run for that distance of time is just phenomenal.
Speaker 5: You know that Dutch runner who won ran in the five thousand meter and the ten thousand me got bruns in both and then still had energy to run and win the marathon and it was.
Speaker 3: Incredible race as well, which is just insane and the heat and effectively running on concrete and rhads like it's just you look at their bodies and you think the shock and their joints and their hips must be.
Speaker 6: It was such an exhilarating it into it as well.
Speaker 3: There was one competitor there who really didn't look like she wanted to be there, which I totally get, but I was might have been munching down on some Dorrito's, some cheese, supreme Doritos and giving my two Bobsworth watching this woman really not getting into it, and at one point I said to Chris, gosh, not even ever to go, as all the dorritos are like spilling down chef.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's us judging from the armchair rubbish, just seeing It's like, come on, get into it.
Speaker 5: Are you talking about there? So there was a runner even an hour after everybody had finished, who was still She obviously hit a wall, Yes, so she was walking periods. Yeah, is that what you're talking about?
Speaker 3: Which were you?
Speaker 12: Me?
Speaker 3: That was me at school? I was always last, always last.
Speaker 8: The image of you and your injured mate on the cot, like a scene out of Cat and Kim having a go at them, lack of actually prowess from the couch from behind a bag a nose bag like a feed bag of Doritos found inspirational.
Speaker 5: She kept going, obviously hitting a wall, but not the.
Speaker 3: Cheese were all experts though, aren't we Yes?
Speaker 6: Yes, I was watching that she's not giving up.
Speaker 5: Yes. And then what was great about it is the French crowd lined the side of the marina started to walk alongside her and then encouraging her to run again. And when she finally crossed the line, she was cheered like she was an Olympic champion.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And I noticed that even some of her rivals stopping rivals and they were giving her a hunk and stuff. And that meanwhile, cut to wear it beyond the couch. You've got thrown, dorito. It's at the screen, loser.
Speaker 6: You suck.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 6: Right now, what happened to you this weekend? In six words? Send Christian test.
Speaker 13: Use and see its words or less.
Speaker 6: Telling about your week? Cand was it s not?
Speaker 11: Did you go to hands?
Speaker 6: Jackie boy? How so your how many days now? He went to seventy five? Hard?
Speaker 5: I'm one third of the way through today's day twenty five of doing two workouts a day, following the diet, reading the ten pages of a non fiction book. It's just what the problem is. It's so repetitive when Christian announced me every morning, when I come in. What did I do yesday? We just walk out, let's point to the gym. Then after a few hours didn't want to but did something else? What did another workout?
Speaker 6: It's just dedication to it mate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's still smashing it. But a lot of your days, Yeah, planning your food because you've got to eat healthy and clean eating as well.
Speaker 6: Perhaps you could do no snacks.
Speaker 8: And then when you were talking about the details, you can't even watch the foote.
Speaker 5: I think I was when you bombers. That is something I truly like.
Speaker 3: Hand on your heart though, say you haven't ever like had eber like you really?
Speaker 5: No, No, we've done We've done it properly for the last twenty five days.
Speaker 6: Yeap.
Speaker 5: Because we we's, we're able to monitor each other. So but some chippies in front of the footy I cannot wait for. On Saturday night, Esdon lost by a point to the Gold Coast and we should have won the game, had so many opportunities. I had such a vivid and convincing dream that we won by a point.
Speaker 6: Well you hallucinating now.
Speaker 5: On Sunday morning, Sunday morning, I woke up and I couldn't remember which was the true story, googled it and was disappointed.
Speaker 6: Well well done, So what else have you done this weekend?
Speaker 5: Okay, we started a new or will be starting a new Father's Day tradition inspired by the Olympics. Every Father's Day from here on out, I will race Gordy and one hundred meters sprint until he can finally beat me.
Speaker 8: Okay, right, I know things are tough for you right now, but picking on a two year old boy and demanding race he grown ass man is hard for Gordon in these formative years have been smashed every Father's Day.
Speaker 5: But then every Father's Day will have this video where obviously I'm going to beat him in the first few I hope to beat up.
Speaker 6: He's a teenager who starts doing you.
Speaker 8: So that's the idea of thirteen years of just misery on Father's Day.
Speaker 5: And then one day, imagine what confidence that will give a young teenager when he finally beats his dad and I hand over the baton as fast as man in the family.
Speaker 6: So you're starting this.
Speaker 5: Year and a couple of weeks time. First the first Father's Day, we'll get the ideas, we'll get to the ass track. Every Father's Day. Do the one hundred meters spread and then go from breakfast and celebrate the day.
Speaker 6: I think it's great.
Speaker 8: All right, after this on them from rock Set, I'll tell you about my six word weekend.
Speaker 6: You can text in yours as.
Speaker 2: Well Christian Connell's show podcast.
Speaker 6: So my six word weekend is are you a surgeon? Here?
Speaker 8: Friday after this show, I talked her to go into hospital for some checks. So she was in overnight and we were we were in the waiting area for about six hours. Okay, and that's not poper any of the staff, though they're all fantastic, they're all heavily, heavily stretched. The's poor people there, but do the right way.
Speaker 5: So like if you're more remember than the next person, you do get.
Speaker 6: The job at you.
Speaker 8: But we weren't there for six hours, and it's a long time, and you've got a very reluctant patient with you, and it's me her. And at one point one of the nurses look around and sort of winked at me when she heard me go, now, this is both of our realities.
Speaker 6: Let's just be nice to each other. As she was becoming increasingly snappy with me, trying to keep.
Speaker 8: The spirits up and the Vibemaster was there with had Uho luckily on me in my bag, but.
Speaker 12: Even six, I don't want to f and play with you. Right, you're going to be here a while less. Just being nice to each other. I was enjoyed just hanging out with because I don't get to see it now. She's moving out home. She was seeing it as she's twenty.
Speaker 8: She had like a Friday night planned and so anyway, we're waiting there for hours and hours, and then there's some guy turns up and he's obviously hoping to be seen before he can.
Speaker 6: Go to the Pies game. He's a Pies fan.
Speaker 8: He's got the cap on, he's got the jump from and he keeps sort of muttering himself f under his breath. You know when someone does that and they're trying to hope that you will strike up a conversation with him. I'm trying not to look at him directly because he looks he's a Pies fan. In the end, I go, yeah, yeah, we've been here a couple of hours, and he goes, this is nothing copared to.
Speaker 6: What I went through last year.
Speaker 8: He named another hospital where him and his daughter. He said, now this is what he said. And I did question it, going no, that can't be right, and he went, I promise you this is what happened to us, That they stayed in the waiting room of a major hospital here in Melbourne for three days and three.
Speaker 3: Nights, probably because they couldn't get her into rewards.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no, no, no, they were sleeping outside there, sleeping out in the in the reception area.
Speaker 6: Gosh, has that ever actually happened to anyone?
Speaker 8: If it has, please call me, because I keep thinking about all weekend. You know, what's that Tom Hanks movie? We lived in the airport terminal terminal? I said, but you could have gone home like she could have stayed. You could have done in shifts and actually stayed the night.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'commells show podcast the TV.
Speaker 8: Here in the studio we had the closing ceremony on. I mean, they're taking a long time to shut.
Speaker 6: Up, aren't they? They always it's all going on.
Speaker 8: There's another gray head, old white guy from the Olympic committee doing what looks like a very long presentational.
Speaker 6: Is gonna get some power point up in the in a minute.
Speaker 5: It's as if they don't want to hand it over. No, We're like, oh, well, we still want to.
Speaker 6: Be the yes.
Speaker 8: But I thought the would be really nice to talk about our favorite highlights on the last two weeks of the Games in Paris.
Speaker 6: Because it has been my favorite game.
Speaker 5: It's been incredible.
Speaker 8: I've never watched more of any I've always loved the games. I think it's an amazing thing. And I don't know whether it's because of streaming making it even easier now to just to flick around and you can see so many because there's so much spot on every single day, even sports you're not normally into you would never normally watch, and even if it's not even an Australian competing, just seeing what are their.
Speaker 6: Great athletes there are at that I've loved the last two weeks. I'm going to miss it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we Actually I'll give you one of my favorite non Australian highlights before I give you an Australian one. The mixed four by four hundred relay on the track came in at Tokyo and they ran it for the second time this year. The Americans broke the world record in the semi finals and they were huge favorites going into it and I think as a strains, we love to see great if we're not in the race, we love to see great Britain loser. We love to see the USA lose. So I'm going against the USA and the as they're coming around, they're so far ahead they're gonna win it. They've got they've broken the world record. The Dutch runners the past the baton in fourth position, so the girl running the last leg is miles behind, and in the over one lap of the track she beats everybody and they take the gold.
Speaker 6: Ben, Wow, how did you do that?
Speaker 5: It's just incredible to watch.
Speaker 8: Yeah, there's still something really exhilarating, and there've been so many high nights for me overall. I think it's been as actually a sweet relief from just how bad the news is most days from around the world right now, it's something really refreshing about seeing humans do their very best. And not even just like the gold, there's been so many moments and great moments in the silvers and bronze as even other athletes taking each other on, being really supportive at the end, and that there's been a lovely spirits.
Speaker 6: Yes, I think it's given us all so much. I've loved it.
Speaker 8: There's been some amazing performances and I've got to say Australia have been a start turn there.
Speaker 6: So what you leave it? You finish it with the eighteen goals.
Speaker 5: Eighteen goals our best ever Olympics.
Speaker 6: So what have been some of the highlights for you? Jack?
Speaker 5: Actually yesterday morning watching Jessica Hull get the silver medal in the fifteen hundred. It's the most excited silver winner I've ever seen. I think she knew she couldn't beat the Leader of Faith, Kip Jegon is the world record hold and she won three goals in a row in that event, so I think she knew she couldn't win gold, but she was so happy to win the silver yesterday.
Speaker 8: All right, give us call then, what have been your highlights from the Games in Paris?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 8: I forgot to mention as well, this is amazing dancing from Regu Look.
Speaker 2: Christian Connall Show podcast.
Speaker 6: Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 8: We're talking about the Games in Paris and what have been your high lights for Angie? Just how Anina Kennedy were amazing for me? Breed the Fox Sisters, Sire the Stingers, Cam macavoy All amazing stories, Clint, How good was Raygun?
Speaker 6: Oh? One of them?
Speaker 8: Your same bolt level of domination an event, really incredible.
Speaker 5: They're not bringing breakdancing back apparently in La and that is.
Speaker 6: Exactly they're all. They're all pointing the finger towards this country and.
Speaker 5: Get rid of the breakdown.
Speaker 8: Well they're going all you're going to see is any news story where then that's the last I'll ever see it ray dance and will then cut to the kangaroo and poor old Raygun and doing that thing. She was the floor on the floor where it's like when you try and when you're in a hotel and you try and get the donner that's.
Speaker 6: Been tucked in.
Speaker 8: Christian We actually went out to see a week of it and there's a photo here with the former Matilda's coach Tony G. Smiley obviously when he had that job. Tracy, it has been a great games, amazing Australian moments, women kicking.
Speaker 6: But I felt the joy of it every day. I am really going to miss it.
Speaker 8: Rio, You've been Nah, even brilliant Junior Rio's roundups would have been some of your highlights, mate.
Speaker 7: Definitely the most emotional was Saya Sakaki bar I mean that will go down in the street. Is one of the great gold medals of all time, one of the most incredible, touching, moving stories.
Speaker 5: And we should say as well Kayle Sucker Burro, who is her brother who got her into BMX, who had the accident, can't ride anymore, is now training to be a rower in the Paralympics. Yeah, hoping to make it in the next four years. Yeah, that would be so imagine if he got in. But the second one for me was definitely Keegan Palmer, who was the Ossie kid who won the skateboarding and it really surprised me because I didn't really care about skateboarding that much. When he won, all the competitors, all these like you know, seventeen eighteen, nineteen year old kids run over to him and these huge smiles on their faces. They like lifted him up in the air.
Speaker 7: They were so happy for him, and it reminded me, like, I haven't seen sport like that in so long, Like.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he felt different, This didn't don't. I don't know what it is, but it felt different.
Speaker 5: Hey, do you think it's a sport though, because it's not like they're lifting area on tit miss up out of the pool and sharing her off after a win.
Speaker 7: But I think it's what like, that's what sport grew up as we were kids.
Speaker 5: That's what it was.
Speaker 7: It was just fun and you were happy for the mates and you just wanted to see someone do well. And like I was at the Footyards at the Swan's Collingwood game on Friday and even you know, it's so tribal and it's so.
Speaker 6: You know, beat we beat you, wet you.
Speaker 7: Like part of the best part of winning is the other team losing. But for the for their skateboarders, they were just so happy for their rival and it really touched me.
Speaker 6: Choys, let's get to Sean here morning Sean.
Speaker 11: Oh, good morning, guys. How are we? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Good Sean? So well, what's the highlight fore them from the games?
Speaker 11: You know, there's a couple Christian. But I do have to say over the last two weeks, as much as I've loved it, I'm so glad that I get my slate back.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I think I'll be a lot more productive around the house because I've watched hours and hours and hours of the games.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Yeah, but I just love the Fox sisters just to finally get that elusive gold that you've just been hanging forth for so long. It's just amazing.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that incredible story. Yeah, there's the whole family, Sean, thank you very much. She called us go to Andrea here morning.
Speaker 4: Andrea, good morning, guys.
Speaker 2: How are you Yeah, we're good.
Speaker 8: Are you a lovely weekend? And Andrew, what's what the highlights few from the games?
Speaker 15: The highlight for me was actually when jess Box jumped into the water when her sister one gold, followed by the coach and her mum like that was she was so elated for his sister. Yeah, it was amazing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that was a great moment. Andrew, thank you very much.
Speaker 1: She called this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 8: In the last five minutes, we've been watching a closing ceremony or is this whole closing Semary really is called when's Tom Cruise.
Speaker 6: Doing his bit? We've just seen it. Unbelievable he I don't know what you call it.
Speaker 8: Repelled from the top of the stad de France into the stadium and then got on a motorbike with the flag, drove out of the stage down the Chanzoalise and then parachuted onto the Hollywood Sign.
Speaker 5: That was incredible.
Speaker 8: It gave me goosebumps watching it. It's proper showbis and it fills up the head. And now the Chili Peppers are playing on a beach in La La is.
Speaker 5: Going to be such an amazing games.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but you wait until we go to Brisbane.
Speaker 8: Oh my, get ready World, Get Ready, Olympic Committee.
Speaker 6: You will see a show like no other. All right.
Speaker 8: So as part of our Gold of Thon, we have the last prizes to be won.
Speaker 7: On the last day of the Gold of Thon, Christian played.
Speaker 6: A game five gold.
Speaker 13: If you answer your phone in time with a vacuum, a dis washer or washing marshin all.
Speaker 8: Right, So thank you very much to Ian s and Wash, cleaning up the gold medals with Ian s and Wash.
Speaker 6: So for the.
Speaker 8: Individual goals we've been given away in washing machines or dishwashers, and then for the team, once we've been given a bost vacuums, we.
Speaker 6: Have three remaining vacuums. Here's all we need to do.
Speaker 8: If you want a brand new vacuum a botch one, you just text us and then we call you in about twenty minutes time.
Speaker 6: However, when you.
Speaker 8: Call up, you've got to call and answer the phone within five golden rings. And when you pick up, there's no phrase that pays. You just need to do an impersonation of a vacuum. Vacuums are noisy, so don't be giving a we want to hear a real big noisy vacuum.
Speaker 5: Don't even say hello, get straight into the vacuum, Straight to the vacuum.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian o'connells Show podcast.
Speaker 8: Christian, you think Ray Gun and Napoleon Dynamite could do a routine together?
Speaker 5: There's the referently have had very strong Yeah, Nathan, great reference.
Speaker 8: Yes, all right, time now for this week's brand new mishurd lyrics. It's just another mishard many Christian O'Connell's miss lyrics. Jammy Mounley on the show, we played about your misheard lyrics as we're playing the back. If we agree what you think you're mishearing, you'll hear this if we cannot hear it.
Speaker 6: And for the really great.
Speaker 8: Misheard lyrics, so last week, Mark b Woul John Len stand by me and the moon is the only flying pussy and.
Speaker 6: You know we're just the messengers here. Okay.
Speaker 8: Now, first of all, some unfinished business from last week's one. We had one of the worst ones ever. Do you remember Geronimo not not song, although it's not great Geronimo and Shepherd. Now Ferg thought he was hearing bounced and hopped away here.
Speaker 6: This was a little bit from last week.
Speaker 8: Now one of you has come to his defense. He thinks we just had the wrong bit, or Marcus had the wrong bit. Marcus. Another listener thinks it's bounced and hot away, which is what Ferg thought he was hearing. It's this bit from the song. But I only hear bounced away.
Speaker 5: He bounce away. Have we got the wrong bid again?
Speaker 8: It's still don't know. Martin Christian has celebrate the games. I have a French theme misheard for you one direction?
Speaker 6: What makes you beautiful? Insecure? Your insecure? Or is it am insy? Car your insecure?
Speaker 8: That's very good heresy Carre.
Speaker 6: Yes, well done.
Speaker 8: Greg has got Lenny Kravitz let love rule original line We've got to let love.
Speaker 6: Rule we.
Speaker 8: Or is Lenny saying We've got to the broom?
Speaker 5: Broom is not perfect but it's very funny.
Speaker 6: Yeah, kind of.
Speaker 11: Up.
Speaker 8: Maroon five are back. It's like every other week we get one from Adam and Maroon five. Clayton's got this one Room five payphone. I will still be holding you like this or is it I will still be holding you like fish?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, that's the.
Speaker 8: Christian I keep you here. My doctor's name in this one, this is Stephanie Smith John Farnham. That's freedom. Original line from PHARSI to share, but not to chain, to share but not to change. Now her doctor is Dr Chen. She's hearing to share with doctor Chen.
Speaker 6: Oh my god. Actually were one of my favorites.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 8: Imagine when she first heard her doctor, doctor Chen's name in that's freedom to share with Dr Chen. Stephanie Smith, Well done, favor all right. As always, whenever you hear on miss here lyrics, send it to me, email me directly Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 8: Today we've been asking you about your your highlights of the games. It's had this lovely emails coming from Michelle warning, Christian, I've been waking most days to listen to you guys and watch the highlights of the games. What were you stood up for me? Was the morning we won three goals the BMX gold. Had been crying at the end, especially when Brooke was standing interviewing her beautiful brother Kai. But I also love seeing the joy on McAvoy's face when she won the fifteen meter freestyle kaylee as well. What a superstar. So many great individual gold medals in the olden days. I was a backstroker, so I love seeing her. Dominator cried. But this is a lovely story. But the highlight for our family was Eleanor Patterson, who won bronze in the high jump. She's from South Gibson's South Giplan's Icast.
Speaker 6: I don't know that.
Speaker 8: And my ten year old niece wrote her a letter and made her a friendship bracelet. After the event, Eleanor put on my niece's bracelet and wore it for the celebrations.
Speaker 6: Yeah lovely, Yeah, that is so good.
Speaker 8: Someone must have passed on the letter to her. Eleanor is a star. These are lovely. Keep this coming today. By the way, you're highlctually an email if you want Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot AU.
Speaker 6: All right, just give away some vacuums on the gold of.
Speaker 7: Thon on the last day of the Gold of Thon, Christian played.
Speaker 6: A game fine Gold.
Speaker 13: If you answer your phone in time, you can win a vacuum to help you clean.
Speaker 8: All right, So as the closing seminary wraps up, we have the last prizes on the Gold of Thorne. Thanks to Ianes and Wash, we have three Wash vacuums to give away of five golden rings. You've been texting, We're going to call you now live. You've got to pick up your phone within five rings and do your best impression of a vacuum.
Speaker 6: So, Patsy, if we called you, we'd hear.
Speaker 3: Sorry, good to have you back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we missed that. Rachel would have done a great job a bit.
Speaker 8: And I was just saying Anngeler microphone on the show that you're part of that. We're asking you to do an impression of a vacuum.
Speaker 3: Yes, mine is very very very loud, and it goes.
Speaker 6: Like that I should have asked.
Speaker 8: Actually, all right, so let's get ready to call some people now and been actually listening to the show and the giveaway some of these.
Speaker 5: Bosh vacuums, all right, and if they don't, if they answer, and hell they lose.
Speaker 6: Are we going to do that.
Speaker 3: No, we're not going to be that harsh on the closing day.
Speaker 6: No, it's not the spirit, is it. But you, sirio, you we said we move on.
Speaker 5: Well, that's the game. Then's the rules. I tend to agree. You've got to be a vacuum cleaner.
Speaker 6: All right, here's what I hope.
Speaker 8: Then, okay, they've texted us they want to win the vacuum. They're going to pick up. All right, let's give it a go. So we're going to start calling people. Now, remember you pick up within five rings and you've got to be a vacuum one, two, three, three.
Speaker 4: You're a winner.
Speaker 6: You have a vacuum.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I don't know the vacuum.
Speaker 8: You're live on the Christian O'Connell show. Who are we talking to, Alexis? Alexis, Well, listen, thank you very much for taking part in picking up within five rings and doing an amazing impression straight away of a vacuum.
Speaker 11: Oh my god, I the vacuum.
Speaker 6: Well, what are the odds? Well done. I'm so glad you picked up and you entered.
Speaker 4: You've won.
Speaker 6: You're the first one to win.
Speaker 15: Oh, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: That's pleasure.
Speaker 6: Pleasure. I'm so glad that you want something you really really need as well. That's great.
Speaker 8: All right, well we've got to go. We've got two more people to call and do their impressions. But well done, thank you, all right, Okay, two more like that. We've got two more to give away. Okay, let's call somebody else.
Speaker 14: Now one we take it.
Speaker 6: Hello, there you are live on the show.
Speaker 2: And who is this Ray from broad Meadows?
Speaker 6: Ray from broad Meadows?
Speaker 8: Now, Ray, Congratulations, she's won a brand new vacuum.
Speaker 6: My mum will be thrilled.
Speaker 2: Hers bug it up on the weekend and she bought a forty dollars one off the marketplace.
Speaker 6: Oh bless sir. You ain't gonna get much out of that roly Ones that your grandparents used to have. So what a great sentence? A you're winning it for mum? Yeah, not good on you. Well done, Ray, I'm glad you won.
Speaker 8: Okay, have a lovely week Thanks for being a vacuum.
Speaker 6: I like my radio career to bitter say those ones? All right? One last one to give away, come on, let's hope you they do it.
Speaker 8: They've got to pick up in five rings and become a vacuum live on the show.
Speaker 4: Hello, that's a vacuum.
Speaker 6: Try again.
Speaker 8: Yeah, the worst digressions. You're a winner, you win the last golden vacuum. Well done.
Speaker 6: Are you at work? You're at home? Where are you right now? All right? And who you're winning it for? You're winning for yourself, your mum.
Speaker 4: I think about winning from my mom.
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh lovely. Yeah. And who's this? Who are we talking to?
Speaker 15: Marie Anne?
Speaker 6: Mary Anne? Congratulations, well done?
Speaker 3: Oh, thank you very much.
Speaker 6: That's all right, pleasure have a.
Speaker 2: Nice day, Christian no Connall's show.
Speaker 8: Thank you very much to everyone who generesly donated food over the weekend to the Food Bank emergency food drive and dropped to some of you drop stuff.
Speaker 6: In here at our radio station.
Speaker 8: Thank you very much to Maggie Christian, I had no idea until he started to talking about it Friday that was so needed. We dropped off a boot full of items in the afternoon. The volunteers were absolutely lovely and it was a great for him to be giving back to the community. Yes, some kind generous soul turn up with six thousand dollars worth of food. Yeah, who've been listening to the show Friday? Christian, we headed over Saturday morning. We're amazed to see all these smiling volunteers. Please say thank you to on Monday show a will Yasmin so thankful to make a little contribution.
Speaker 6: It was wonderful to.
Speaker 8: See the community out and there were loads of people there, Christian, and you'll love this. As we were leaving, a fire truck arrived and all the fieries were unloading loads of food that they've got as well. I love how my Bernian's really running around when.
Speaker 6: Needed, Yasmin. That's lovely. Thank you very much. That the time waster.
Speaker 8: We have some Royal Melbourne Show VIP passes to give away in about ten minutes time.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 8: Obviously it's all about the showbag, and the showbag is for the kids. What we want to do is I want to make my own kind of showbag but for middle aged people, because really the show at the Melbourne Show, that bag is for kids. It's the highlight of.
Speaker 5: The police trade chocolates, little toys, that sort of thing.
Speaker 6: What about us middle aged people?
Speaker 8: And so I want to put together a showbag that has got like essential items that every middle aged person needs. So for me, it's that vulture old cream, not the tablets, you know, cream you put in your.
Speaker 6: Back straight away. Neurofen and clothes pegs.
Speaker 8: I'm always running out clothes pegs are good for about two items. They're like the daddy long legs of the lawns and they've got no strength structural integrity. I think it's called they break so easily. I'm always looking for more clothes pegs.
Speaker 5: Can I throw something in like the crows pegs that you just keep running out of and when you need it, it's not there? And that is double A and triple A? Yes, yes, yeah, we went to get I had to get triple A batteries last night. I went to the drawer and the packet was empty. Yes, and we have three. We have a pepper grinder that needs batteries. I don't know why we can't grind pepper with our hands, but for whatever reason, we have a robotic pepper grinder. And he demands six triple A batteries.
Speaker 3: He's hungry.
Speaker 5: Yes, just a grind pepper.
Speaker 8: Yeah, So what middle aged items are essential? Another one I was thinking of of a small foam roller. I myself about ten and the balls. Well, I don't go on holiday without taking one of those balls.
Speaker 6: It's essential to my day today existence.
Speaker 8: But we must have I reckoned ten or eleven various foam rollers around the house. It actually looks like I'm a physio. I've got all the gear, but no idea.
Speaker 5: It's because when you pass one in the shops, you go, oh, that would feel good. Don't worry that we don't have what do we have?
Speaker 8: A ribbed one? That's what I got the other day. It was like an orange ribbed one. Wife, we don't need any more rolling devices. So yeah, what essential middle aged items need to go on our midle ay showbag?
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 8: The Christian O'Connell show. What's you go on our middle aged showbag? Christian and man Shake Sachet. Every one of my middle aged fellow dads is on the man Chase.
Speaker 6: They smell of mandshakes.
Speaker 8: Christian, you need to buy stainless steel clothes pack they are life changes, Luke, I didn't know Midleay showback, Christian, what about a garden kneeling pad? Ye, great idea, Chuck one of those in a power adapter for a phone charger. Microfiber wipes and clinging solutions for spectacles. Peter, Yes, Christian, you and Jan need to get a battery daddy to solve the battery problem.
Speaker 5: What's a.
Speaker 3: All of the batteries, whatever size they are, it will charge them all.
Speaker 6: How can you charge a battery?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: It's like a little year. They're more expensive, but you can buy riches.
Speaker 6: Way too much money. Done? All right, then let's get into today's time waster. Great buys.
Speaker 8: The Melbourne Royal Show starts Thursday twenty six or September, runs through the Sunday.
Speaker 6: The sixth October.
Speaker 8: You can get your tickets now at royalshow dot com dot au. We can also win ultimate VIP passes today on the Time Waster.
Speaker 6: These include a family passes.
Speaker 8: The show ride vouchers, food and beverage, showbags, and we'll even sort your parking out as well. That's for the best in show today on the Time Waster. We're looking for your Australian movies today. Make a movie Australian Top five Australian inventions.
Speaker 6: Of all time. Oh wow, I didn't know you'd invented anything. What do you think's in there?
Speaker 5: I think we did the bionic ear.
Speaker 8: That feels like one of those things are like cartoon the bottle here, that's what you can hear.
Speaker 6: So like someone says in India, a bionic here away?
Speaker 5: Now is that not in the top five?
Speaker 3: The hills hoist?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, hills hoist is not in their common Where did you get this?
Speaker 11: Wow?
Speaker 6: Take that producer hesembols all this Jewish.
Speaker 5: Did we do penicillin?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 6: You did not, How Jane, it was a question.
Speaker 5: Didn't have to.
Speaker 3: I think we did the lawnmower.
Speaker 8: You did not invent the law mower. You're just making stuff up randomly? At number five, cask wine, oh right, at four, budgie smugglers.
Speaker 6: Number three? Really the selfie? How was that invented?
Speaker 11: Here?
Speaker 6: Get out of it.
Speaker 8: The term was first used by an Australian man, Nathan Hope, made up name in two thousand and two on a web forum.
Speaker 6: Okay, how can they know that?
Speaker 5: Where's all the important inventions for the advance the humanity?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Where's the lawnmower?
Speaker 9: That?
Speaker 6: Perhaps you just we.
Speaker 7: Actually did invent the lawnmower, but it didn't make the top five.
Speaker 6: Why not? Over the celfie?
Speaker 7: I know I know what that selfie thinks.
Speaker 5: What's more prolific a lawnmower.
Speaker 6: Or a lawnmower.
Speaker 3: Eight year olds or something.
Speaker 6: Well, maybe the pencil sharpener. This is getting thread Australia. Come on, inventors of Australia for that.
Speaker 5: What were you doing when your pencil was blunt? Exactly?
Speaker 6: And apparently you invented Wi fi?
Speaker 5: No, I think we did. We did invent wi fi? I remember us doing that?
Speaker 6: Now, how was how was Wi fi invented?
Speaker 7: Then the C S I R O really yes back in the day and then it's sort of just laid dormant and then they're like, oh, this is actually really good.
Speaker 8: This is again more Australian bs. It's sort of laid dormant. It's a very Australian thing. I've done that really amazing. I'll come back to that later.
Speaker 5: They weren't even trying to invent Wi fi? Is that true? At the time, they were trying to do one thing. Then they accidentally got Wi Fi. And then later when the Internet was around, they were like, we should use that.
Speaker 8: Speculation about history, which is our own podcast history Speculated. All right, when is this lead on the time we today? Then we're looking for your make a movie Australian. Make a movie Australian like top Raygun, sh Zeitgeist, Snakes on a Plane and like everywhere, Snakes on a plane and like everywhere It's the thing on Motel Wombat Gold. We love the movie, Wally.
Speaker 6: Did you like that?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: What about the Australian version.
Speaker 8: Wallabe, Yes, cute Silver, cute. Love the movie Bugs Life in Australia. They watch an Ug's Life.
Speaker 5: Another great Australian invention.
Speaker 6: Yeah, gold, great invention is it? And the Vega Mighty Ducks.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that's good Silver fun Australian movies.
Speaker 6: What have you got, Jack, I.
Speaker 5: Actually have a raygun will as well?
Speaker 16: Oh zeighty, How to Train Your Reagun Very good? Gold, Oppelheimer, Oh very good. Gold, smoke O Hunters, smoke.
Speaker 6: O Hunters Gold plus three golds so.
Speaker 5: Fas ed lock Stock and two smoking Darrels.
Speaker 6: Very good. That's four golds. Well done. That's the best run of the year.
Speaker 5: I think Australia is my specialty subject.
Speaker 8: All right, Texas, your Australian movies. Make a movie Australian. Christian O'Connell show podcast time way today then is make a movie Australian for the Best in Show VP Family Pass you go to the Melbourne Royal Show. All right, you can move, you Australian and see what you've got. There's some great ones here, Menister at goon Bags.
Speaker 5: One of our great inventions.
Speaker 8: Held the Silence of the goon Bag Okay silver, goon Raker gold, toy Oi Oi Oi Story gold. That's very good, So well done, dude, where's my Tholes?
Speaker 6: When Barry met Sally gold, that's very good. Addison on the Hills Hoist says gold. Heidi, that's great.
Speaker 8: Platypus and Boots, I'd like to see it, Elliott, well done. The Bogans of Madison County gold, Palmer Geddon silver, Big Mama's Grouse silver plus, Chatty Shack gold, Top Bogan silver. I feel like I want to do a competition called.
Speaker 6: Top Bogan to find the top Bogan.
Speaker 8: Fear and Loathing in bris Vegas from the Hills have Wi Fi silver.
Speaker 6: Ratty gold very good.
Speaker 8: Rattish Shoey is very good. We're a b Movie silver. Guardians of the Gala at Sea.
Speaker 5: Good Dry silver, Plas.
Speaker 8: Saving Private Rheinhart gold. Jay that's very smart. Big Fat Liar Bird silver Choppenheimer Gold.
Speaker 6: Very very good. Who's that Ricky Ker?
Speaker 8: We brought Kangaroo Gold, Smoko and the Bandit Silver and Weekend at Barnaby's Gold. There's a very funny world on everyone all right, Jackie boy, who's best in show?
Speaker 5: I like Ricky Choppenheimer.
Speaker 6: Well I'm Ricky. You're Today's when you get the family v IP.
Speaker 2: Pass, Christian Connell's show pot, Gus.
Speaker 8: Christian O'Connell show on Gold, Huggies on the way. Let's talk tomorrow's show today as you try and put together our middle aged showbacks Melbourne Roll. Showbags are for kids. We need something for us. So what goes in a middle aged showbag? Thank you very much for the people been calling in Donna something for heartburne, quickies or my Lanta. So we're gonna be a lot of medicine in there, isn't it with neurofen voter role If an alien caton visit and we start to shine, this is something for.
Speaker 6: Middle aged people.
Speaker 8: Cindy reading glasses, you want to get those standard ones? You give me the chemis when you lost yours.
Speaker 6: These not another story about losing your glasses.
Speaker 8: Patsy evolving door you got to keep.
Speaker 6: It moving, Deborah. Corn pads were in between toes.
Speaker 8: Then the number one sessen a lot of people on emails and text was shoehorns.
Speaker 6: My wife brought her first shoehorn last week, called it a game changer. When we go out, it's hard to sort of feel.
Speaker 8: The same way about us. I said, well, can you do it in private? Bend over with that shaw and you look sucks. I'm taking up my nana for a walk or something. Not or why sho Philip heat packs, Wendy band aids, Margaret Dollar coin for the trolley, Bailey hidralight.
Speaker 6: Yes, that's a great idea. Hydrolight, sasche Merry.
Speaker 8: Nice toilet paper, nice one, not the one you get at work, that cheapo stuff. Keep this coming, emailmy what's you go in? What essential items for the middle aged showbag? Christian at Christian O'Connell dot com dot are you hug you on the way? Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 1: This is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast