Speaker 1: The Driver's Show powered by in a midsoon Nano Taylor to oil over a century of engineering excellence meets cutting edge nanoscale technology.
Speaker 2: They've given a couple of cars Japanese models, getting the ass quickly google that that was bad terminology, that Paul Gordon, So.
Speaker 3: There will be I'm sure a lovely person who works for BYD and you know who you are, And what I'll say right now is quietly put your headphones down because I know you're listening to this at your computer. Take yourself to the boardroom. Ask yourself why you gave my smiling dickhead friend a pre production car?
Speaker 2: Did someone else get one as well? What do you mean? Oh you said smiling dickhead for a No, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I was that you attempting to do a joke that was doing good? Okay, carrying the show again. I see. So you've caused a bit of a shit storm, which you feel good about.
Speaker 2: Yourself well telling the truth, being honest. I guess it pays off, not as much as being an influencer, but it does pay off eventually.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, a little spiky wacky there. So we'll get into that little backstory a little bit later on, including a quick chat about the BYD Shark six, which Paul put on YouTube it cannot go up a Hill and various other things. I've test driven it myself. We might have some slight conflicting thoughts, we might have some things we agree on to, which would be nice. In the meantime, after last episode where you said I was uncultural because I didn't know what non can I just say, I had to give a big shout.
Speaker 2: Out to one of our listeners, okay, who slid into my d MS and sent me through a restaurant recommendation in Melbourne that serves.
Speaker 3: Now, I reckon I know which one it was, because I spoke to my waff about this and it turns out I have had none of what's it called none?
Speaker 2: I think is an old lady that Yeah, I've had her many times more.
Speaker 3: Mister was a fantastic She was the woman off the pro Heart commercial with the carpet. It was very old fashioned. She made the pizzas. Yeah, yeah, there you go. Remember that dragonfly ad? Yeah, yeah, there you go. Yeah. You would have been a little kid back then, a little Croatian with fresh in the country cargo plane. Anyway, So off the back of that. I brought you a little present. What is it? Look? Look, this is this is my choice. Then I'll show you how cultural I am.
Speaker 2: Can I tear tear her open?
Speaker 3: Tear tear a bag apart? As they say, hello, bit of FANTASTICO. I bet you, I think they actually call it not. This is a sparkling citrus. That's your spile name. Okay. I thought this was an Italian cleaning product. G we clean your toilet? That samata, that's ridiculously a little crack.
Speaker 2: Apparently this is laden with sugar, and I do not eat eat sugar.
Speaker 3: Ship you off. Oh that's lovely.
Speaker 2: Eight percent sugar.
Speaker 3: Oh jesus, she's a she's a spicy girl. Bitie ye, thank you for that.
Speaker 2: We're a car podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah. How's your holiday? Welcome back, Welcome to twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was good, A lot of family stuff. I was driving the Lexus GX. I was on holiday, which boys, I do love that car. It is a sensational machine. I was able to go bush for some camping.
Speaker 3: Okay, camping, okay, I was able to thought that was a dinner reference.
Speaker 2: I was able to do a little off road drive to a lake and there were lots of flies. So I turned around and left, and yeah, it was horrendously inefficient. It was using something like sixteen liters per hundred k's. But you know, I'm okay with that.
Speaker 3: It's kidded out. Well, yeah, it's a beautiful car, it really is. It's got the it's got the fridge in the middle thing, right, Yes, yeah, you had this last year. Well not this, yeah, yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 2: This time I had it just over the Christmas break.
Speaker 3: So well, I see your lexus and I raise you literally, yeah, are you ready? A Chevy Silverado that's zeta.
Speaker 2: Too bigy They are a good rig.
Speaker 3: Holy heck. That was now. I made it, literally and I had that. They were really good. Shout out to Chevy because they were really kind to me. They gave that to me for nearly two months. And I am telling you right now, I was king of the fucking world. I mean, I'm getting respect on the road that I deserve. People move out of the way. In fact, it's an event when I drive past. It's look at that car.
Speaker 2: He must have a big penis. The girls were queuing up to see how little it was. They theyre girometer out they were like, holy yeah.
Speaker 3: She was just like is that clitous?
Speaker 4: Like, hey, you leave my little crayon alone.
Speaker 3: Leave there's a little knock it alone. We'll touch your little chinnoto. Yeah. Mate. It was just epic. It was so good. I think I realized I truly love a car when I'd just make myself a coffee in the morning and I just walk out in my front door and I'm looking at it in my driveway, just with my open robe, watching the neighbors go past, and they're like, god's nice morning, Stiffy my out.
Speaker 4: Clint Eastwood, Yes, get off my lawn, And I'm like, like, I'd look at the front, I'd be like, yes, that car is gangster, is anything?
Speaker 3: Then I look at the back. Yeah, big Chevy logo in the back, so much room, The fucking set of console was as big as my coffee table. It's you know, it's weird because a big six point two liter V eight. The two things I was worried about, which were fuel, fuel consumption and parking. One, I'll say, the parking is so bloody easy in this car. It's the easiest big I've ever driven. In fact, this is easier to park than most small cars like it's it's incredibly like I did try. Having said that footnote little asterix, I did try to park here at the studios here once with it, and the height restriction I think is about two point one in that particular car park, and it would have like literally like I could feel the bar. It was like probably ten mil off it right, but it wasn't so much that it's the width of this thing. And then I physically couldn't get it down there. I was like, this is I can't do it. But so I did have to go home and take an uber in but that was only once. But yeah, look I did a lot of I did a lot of kilometers in this and it was just epic. It was so good. It was, as I said, easy to park. Obviously. Maybe this is made for a trading not for some little five foot seven idiot who sits down and talk into a stick. This is for you know. I just wish I fucking wanted to move Regional because of this car. That's how good it is. The I thought the fuel rock might have a job going. Yeah it doesn't rock it Okay rocks baby, he used to work it there. Yeah, so it's I think the fuel consumption was pretty good. I'm not quite sure.
Speaker 2: The highway it's actually not that bad, not too bad.
Speaker 3: I think it's a round about thirteen point eight right, which fuck when you think about it, My super ru was about twelve point eight. Ye, so I remember I filled it up, say Sydney to Port mcquarie was. I filled it up just before I left, and then half a tank to get to Port McQuary, which is four and a half hours round about four hundred and fifty k's so that's not too bad. Half a tank, use the other half to sort of cruise around Port McQuary. No one'sine too much of a fuckinary in Burton McQuary, that's for sure. And yeah, filled it up just before I left. One hundred and sixty bucks. It's not bad.
Speaker 2: What fuel this is the other thing people kind of bitch and moan about how expensive fuel is over the Christmas break it was cheap. It was like a dollar sixty for regular unleaded. I just got a note that my electricity was going up by twenty percent for fuck knows what reason, no reason at all, no reason, and I charge an EV at home.
Speaker 3: So they were just saying because we can.
Speaker 2: It's just like, yeah, cause so, yeah, I think that really these things are very affordable to drive around if you do want to, and if I go to the States, I will always get a pickup truck because you just blend in with the crowd. And like you said, they are really not that impractical. Yes, if you're driving into the city every day and needing to park, that's a different story. But if you live in the burbs and you're driving this on a weekend, it really is a perfectly fine vehicle to home.
Speaker 3: If you don't have to park in the city, and parking in the city is a bitch for a small car, let's be honest. But if you don't have to do that and you're just a normal day to day this is like I honestly would say, if you're looking at a ute rethink something like this, because yeah, their size is incredible. It's a great looking car. I mean, I think it's roughly about one hundred and thirty thousand, not too bad like the Raptors. What one hundred and ten.
Speaker 2: Is one hundred about ninety ish?
Speaker 3: Okay, way off, ye look, splash out the extra cash because it's so good. It's such a great cars. Big shout out to Chevy for that, because I bloody loved every second of that one. So yeah, my holiday was good. My holiday was good. You know, twenty twenty five, it's the year of redundancies and especially doubt.
Speaker 2: It's something you need to tell me.
Speaker 3: Well, Mitsubishi have decided, don't worry about the employees. Let's just like give a couple of models the ass. They're oh, sorry, that was bad terminology?
Speaker 2: You can do? You wonder if what?
Speaker 3: Sorry? Yeah, I think that that's on. That's on Paul's bloody uporn search in a couple of.
Speaker 2: Cars Japanese models getting the ass, Just quickly google that.
Speaker 3: Wait, I've got a good loop for that.
Speaker 2: It means is the is it the nano tailored oil zero W twenty or the five W thirty.
Speaker 3: I'd definitely go the gold standard.
Speaker 2: Let me let me bring it out.
Speaker 3: What we're trying to say is, yeah, Mitsubishi have acted quite a few models off the top of my head.
Speaker 2: Let me explain why first. Okay, yeah, it's not just like they go, well, you know.
Speaker 3: They're not selling new and you me so, there's an.
Speaker 2: Australian design rule called ninety eight double zero and it comes into effect for all new models on sale from March one to twenty twenty five, so that's just around the corner. And it outlines specific performance requirements for AEB systems, so that is the tech that stops the car if you don't. So while Mitsubishi has AEB on these vehicles that are getting canceled, they don't meet the requirements for the new regulation. So basically the cars that are affected it it's crazy. The current AX Eclipse Cross Eclipse Cross, plug in hype and the Pagero Sport.
Speaker 3: It's like you have acted, Oh, they are getting rid of the Pagero Sport, but this is the thing.
Speaker 2: It's temporary because there's a new Pagero Sport coming and presumably they will retro fit some of these other models with the technology. We've recently heard as well that they're replacing the AX with a Reno.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I thought my understanding was Reno was taking that that whole thing, weren't they.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's basically getting replaced with an AX that in Europe is basically a rebadged Captor. So it's it is a weird one that I just do not get Mitsubishi at the moment.
Speaker 3: It's just in all sorts new Triton. I haven't driven that yet. I'll be driving that soon, but yeah, it looks good, but it's It's one of those things with Mitsubishi. I just wanted to love what they've put out the last couple of years. We've owned some in the past as a family, and I quite like the old school Trials, even the Bajero, but it's just not what it used to be. Yeah, so yeah, looks to watch this space from Mitsubishi. Hey, I meant to ask you, what did you think. Did you see the R thirty two, the GTR they've I guess retro fitted if you liked, They've pulled the guts out of it and put in a whole bunch of EV motors and batteries and turned it into an EV.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well that went down like a lead balloon, because that car deserves anything but an electric drive train. But anyway, they stuck one in there. Anyway, So basically two electric motors that output a total of three hundred and twenty kilowats and seven hundred and eighty newton meters. Now it sounds impressive, but you talked to a lot of people that tune these these the RB twenty six. You can get like a thousand horsepower out of some of these cars. You can get incredible power and talk figures and they seem to have got on with numbers that are okay, but it's literally the same output you get out of a BYD Shark. So it's like, okay, what is the purpose of all this? And it's seventeen hundred kilos compared to fourteen hundred for the non electric one.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of great engineering that went into that car, so it's iconic for a reason. And to kind of do something like this, to spend money on something like this, which I don't think that. I mean, that's a true fanboy car.
Speaker 2: This it is in dire straits at the moment.
Speaker 3: But that's my argument. Right, So most of the general public couldn't give a shit about this. But you're like, you're looking at merging with who is it? Is it Mazda or Honda Honda? Right, So if you're looking at a merger, if you're in financial troubles and you're doing stuff like this, come on, mate, I don't know. To me, that was a bit like it just seems strange.
Speaker 2: It's a no from me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, big fat no. Tell you what else is it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Stealing Holden's with T toys. You did a video on this. I want to take me through it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So, Jenna of this is I know a lot of people that have late model Holden so vf hsvs and SS Comodols, and basically I kept hearing about how a lot of these were getting stolen, and I thought it was just a bit of a thieves taking stuff. Then last year police busted a big syndicate that was basically rebirthing a lot of these cars, and it all started up again recently, as maybe six months ago. I started doing some digging and discovered that thieves are using a tool off Timu or eBay and two hundred bucks worth that is able to basically reprogram keys on a car.
Speaker 3: Now, can I pause you on this because remember when we had our bows on the show, do we talk about something.
Speaker 2: Like this, Yes, But the difference here is that they've teamed that device with I guess a security floor in the Comodore or that series of Comodol, which is the location of the horn cabling the thieves are able to do. The horn cabling is located inside the wheel arch. They're able to cut through the wheel arch protector and cut the horn cable. So when they then jam a screwdriver into your door handle, the alarm goes off, but all it does is flash lights. It doesn't actually make a sound because you've cut the horn cable. Now they're also getting around with towels that they put over the lights, so when they cut your horn cable, open your car, you don't see any flashing at all. Then within a matter of minutes they delete your keys, program a new set and see you later. Now, a lot of these cars are now getting stripped and dumped on the side of the road, and it's a big problem now so far, based on the research that I've done, you've got a mixture of junkies taking the cars and enjoy riding, and junkies taking the cars probably getting paid in drugs and giving them to the new syndicate that's taken over from the guy that's in jail at the moment. And during the break, a guy reach out to me on Instagram and he wanted to give me more information, so I met up with him.
Speaker 3: Did you did you meet up in a trench coat and a hat?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: In a car park, but I've seen you do that and that's on our website.
Speaker 2: Met up with these guys and let's just say, they have a huge amount of information on where these cars are going, everything that's happening, where they were going, how they're getting distributed, how they're rebirthing some of these cars with loopholes through vic Rhodes.
Speaker 3: So they met up with you and they're part of they're part of this.
Speaker 2: So I don't think they're part of it. Then they're not part of it.
Speaker 3: But take time to know one though. Right, Yeah, I'm just you're so you don't get okay. So, by the way, everyone, if there is no other episode after this poll's been fucking I'm.
Speaker 2: More worried about their safety because from the sounds of it, there's a lot of people involved, and if people know that others are talking that have knowledge, that their safety could be at risk. Now, Gordy ask me, what did I do with this information?
Speaker 3: Hey, Pavlain, what did you do with this information? I'm going to I guess you put it on a website called carrencxt No.
Speaker 2: I told the police that I have two guys that are willing to tell you everything, but they want some protection. Can you please get in touch.
Speaker 3: And some money. No money with us, no reward with a little taste of the honey for making some arrests. So Gordy, ask me what happened? What happened?
Speaker 2: So fourteen days ago this happened. Not one response from them after acknowledging as the cops. Yep, they acknowledged it and said they'd get in touch. No one responded. So that kind of annoys me because it's the perception. After we published our first video where we detailed all of this, the perception from commenters is that the police aren't doing anything. They're not taking it seriously.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. And guess it actually seems like the police aren't doing anything.
Speaker 2: So look, I don't want to point any fingers, but what I did get from the police after we published our video is they basically chewed my ass out, and not in the nice way, regarding a number that we got wrong from a press release that they did. And I'm like, gold on, So you have sent me this long ass email bitching and moaning about a number that's wrong. You won't acknowledge that people need assistance here They keep referring to third parties and in fact I reached out to Holden as well and I said, hey, guys, what's going on, Like, you guys still sell cars in Australia through Chevrolet and Cadillac and all this sort of stuff. What are you actually doing about it? And they sent me a really piss week response that was basically along the lines of yes, we're awhere, this is happening, and it's using third party tools that shouldn't be used that way. It's like, okay, but can you fix it?
Speaker 3: Well they're not the police, Paul.
Speaker 2: No, but this is the thing you trade off.
Speaker 3: You've got to realize that that was written by some twenty three year old pr chick who's clinging on to a job.
Speaker 2: I think that comes from someone in the company that is able to make a statement. So you've got these this company that has written on the coattails of success in Australia, take a lot of money from Australian customers, taking money from the government and taxpayers. There is a major security floor where people are getting like ten or twenty of these stolen a day. It is huge in terms of volume just out of Melbourne alone, and nothing's getting done. And you put your you know your business hat on and you go, well, they currently operate ac Delco in Australia, which is the genuine parts and servicing for Holden's. Would you not go, hey, We're going to come up with a fix for this to make it so the shitty security on this doesn't allow someone with a tool off team to come and change your keys, and if you come and service your car using genuine parts, we'll do this free charge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I would.
Speaker 2: If there'll be a ten minute job to update firmware.
Speaker 3: So I mean, could there be something could there be something in that that like once they sort of open that door, it could lead to like lawsuits.
Speaker 2: Or look, I'm sure it could, but the perception at the moment is they're not doing anything and it doesn't look like that. I'm sure they're dealing with the police. They would be dealing with the police at the moment. But if the police pointing the finger at them, they're pointing the finger at this thing off timu who's actually fixing this? Like is it vigilante groups? Who's actually stopping this from happening? So anyway, that video went crazy, you got like half a million views. We're about to do a follow up on this other thing that I found which completely blew me away. So I walked out to our car park and I had heard about cloned plates, and I saw these two just junkies. One was a slapper and the other one was just some methed out idiot.
Speaker 3: What a slapper, hey, like a UK nineteen eighties londoner. Come here, your bloody old slapper.
Speaker 2: Anyway, So they're frantically walking around this vault so I can golf in our car park, just like you know, when they're just methed out of their heads. And I'm like, what the fuck are they doing? And I looked at the regio and I checked the REGI on the VIC Rhodes website and it just showed that it was registered and current, and I'm like, okay, a bit weird. And thirty minutes later, my colleague came out and it was at about six pm, and he saw them carrying computers from this business they were parked next to into their car, and I'm like, all right, they're clearly stealing that stuff. He called the police. So what happened was he took some photos of the car before they came out with the computers, and what they've done is every car has a vin on display on the windscreen, and newer cars they had put papers there to make it look like they just put receipts there so you couldn't see the VN. The reason they'd done that is because they cloned the plates. What they did was they looked for another gray, oh sorry, another brown Volkswagen Golf somewhere and looked at the driver. Driver was a normal looking person, see like, okay, that person's going to renew their regio. So what they do is they then go and recreate a set of plates that is the same as theirs. Then what they're able to do is drive around with the same plates as this other honest person who has a brown Volkswagen Golf in their stolen brown Volkswagen Golf. If the police were to search the VN, it would come up as stolen, But if they searched the plate, it just comes up as being registered to an owner. So as long as they're not speeding or getting attention to themselves, if you drive past a police car with these plates, they're unlikely to notice anything. And these plates were so bad, like the letters were out, it was just tape, basically white tape. On a black registration plate. Now, since then another person got in contact, it's like a huge rabbit hole of just dodgy stuff. Here another person got in contact with another method they're now using because the plates on this golf weren't reflective. So now someone's found a way of laser cutting reflective white tape that goes on a black galvanized steel plate that's then used as regi that reflects like it would if you drove through a set of lights or something. So it's incredible, and I just think that the police perhaps don't understand the scale of these thefts and the scale of how much money is being made. When they're selling secondhand ls engines, a break kit for a GTS they've stripped out. They're distributing this stuff through wreckers, and it's impossible to know if you go and buy off the shelf a seat, it's impossible to know what car that belonged to prior to it being on that shelf. There's no trace ability. So the fact that they're dumping shells everywhere at the moment around Melbourne tells you that's what's happening. So Yow, I'm worried about you.
Speaker 3: You're getting into some weird crime syndicate and you're getting too far deep here on me.
Speaker 2: You're interested at all in like any used Holden parts.
Speaker 3: I'm barely interested in what you've got to say. I think you need to have a good look at yourself. And I think you've been listening to a lot of true crime podcasts lately, and frankly, you'll probably end up dead.
Speaker 2: I do hope.
Speaker 3: Hey, do you reckon? I had this wild idea and I was twenty beers deep and we were discussing this amongst other drunken friends. Do you reckon like HSV could somehow come back together?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Holden could like essentially make cars. But here's the deal you make. I saw like I saw like probably I think it was like a twenty seventeen Alugu and HSV. It looks it still looks fucking good. Like it looks really good. Right. Imagine if they did every four years, and I know it would be expensive, a limited run, say two hundred and fifty hsvs. Yep, you manufacture them in Australia, you know they would be It's expensive. I get that, but I reckon they would bloody sell. You know what I mean that you did them every four to five years, make them properly, special edition, kit them out, put everything the fans want in there. They would sell I reckon. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Problem is, and this is part of the reason there's such a big market for these stolen cars is a lot of the industries that supported local manufacturing, like the guys that made buttons, the guys that made a handbrake, leave of the guys that made panels, they've gone out of business or they've gone to do something else. So if you wanted to do that, you wouldn't be able to stamp all the crap that you need to stamp because you had specialized people. You outsourced that too previously. So while it's a good idea, it would be very hard to achieve because there would be so many intricate things that you just can't get access to anymore.
Speaker 3: Hmm okay, well thanks for crapping on that idea. That's good. Anyway, what's wrong?
Speaker 2: Someone is calling?
Speaker 3: Who's calling? Uh? Why are you?
Speaker 2: She?
Speaker 3: Bish? Who is that?
Speaker 2: It's the great Donna is a Donna?
Speaker 3: Pick it up? We want to hear Hello, how are you darlin?
Speaker 2: So we're just in the middle of recording something right now.
Speaker 3: I'm here from a.
Speaker 5: New segment on the Poe from our time.
Speaker 3: Fucking why what's your new segment? Does Gordy know about this? That fucking young home actual type?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he organized it, He organized It's It's It's me news segment for uh, for Donna's stubby holders and air freshness. If you need something to hold your stubby, oh reader, air freshener that gives you a shabby cold Donna Cold Donna. My news segment is pulled Donna's word of the day.
Speaker 6: Are you ready for Donna's word of the day. Yeah, Today Donna's word of the day, Darland is fascinate, fascinating in fascinate as.
Speaker 5: In I think I've put on a couple of kilos over Christmas. I've had nine buttons, But now I can only fascinate.
Speaker 7: Anners, the Donners, Jabby holders and bloody miss Yet.
Speaker 2: All right, buy now?
Speaker 3: Kiss XO XO. Gordy.
Speaker 2: You've worked with Imitsu before at their launch event, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have. I've got to say I was really impressed. These guys have been leaders in oil innovation for over a century. I mean, they're the ones trusted by Toyota and Mazda to deliver precision enginet oils straight from the factory, and now they're bringing this same expertise directly to OSSIE owners. Like, this is exciting times. So what what stood out to you the most? Okay, so they've got this nano tailored oil and this stuff is next level. I mean, they don't just make the kind of who high everyday products. Every formula is designed with a purpose. So we've got the if G three. This is perfect for city driving. This is where you're in that sort of stop start traffic, the stuff that really puts the stress on your engine. Then you've got the IFG seven. Now this is a beast for high performance vehicles. Seven layers of protection on this one, and it's got their nano cleansing tech that stops oil breakdowns even in the harshest of conditions. And if you're driving a Japanese car, the IFG five is built for precision engineered engines, offering five layers of protection to keep your engine clean and running smoothly. Gee, that sounds like some serious attention to detail. That's what I'm all about. I'm all about the detailed pavelo. You know this about me. The IFG seven isn't just oil. It's like giving your engine a custom built suit of armor. And it doesn't just protect your engine too, it optimizes performance. So if you're into keeping your car at its absolute best, this is the oil that you want. And now it's easy to get as well. Right, Yeah, it's really easy. It's all online. Just search out it omits to Australia. That's id E m it Su Australia, or you can write this one down au dot Iamitsu slash Nano, slash Tailored, slashoil dot com and they will ship this straight to your door, no fuss, just top tier oil delivered wherever you are.
Speaker 2: If it's good enough for manufacturers like Toyota and Masda, then it sounds good enough for me.
Speaker 3: Gordon, thank you. That's exactly right, pavlo Hey. With eat a MIDSU, you're getting oil that's designed to handle whatever you throw at it. They've been trusted by the best part for over one hundred years for a reason. It Amitsu taking you beyond engine protection to real driving excitement. Couldn't have said it better myself. That was great.
Speaker 2: I'm always carrying this show.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty five byd Shark six prices start from fifty seven six hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Details head to Evingdirect dot com dot au. Should we do a quick little car review? Yeah, go on, what have we got? Let's do the by D sharks loss.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm thinking, Let's chat about it now. But this deserves the own episode, and I think that we can. We can also integrate the other plug in hybrid UITs that are coming, because there's there's a lot of interest in this stuff. So yeah, tune into the next one for that. But yes, let's chat about the.
Speaker 3: The BYD Shark six great white Chomp chomp, okay by D Shark six. A lot of interest in this car, including myself. I've got to be honest, I was really really excited about this one. I'm in the market for a car and this was on the considerations list, stupidly only because I hadn't driven it yet, but I was really excited about it. I think the thing that did excite me initially was I quite like BYD products. I'm a big fan of the Seal and I like the oh what's the suv? The c C line, Yeah, the Sea Line six, Sea Line six, Yeah, sure, I think they're great cars. So then there was this and I was lucky enough to get it, not for a long time, A good time, but not a long time. I would like to have given it a bit more time to kind of test its off road capabilities, which you certainly did, and that's caused a bit of a shit storm. We will should we explain why now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll explain briefly now, but we'll go into more detail in the other episode. So yes, we reviewed it, and I'll go into more detail about how the review came about and just some of the hairs that were on it. But basically the gist of it was, I really like the car, great value for money, lots of tech, beautiful to drive, not great off road based on the experience I had, and not amazing for towing at edge cases. So I think there's some improvements to be had there. Thankfully, if towing an off road is something that you're going to do a lot of there are alternatives coming that are going to be significantly better than this, So.
Speaker 3: We should stamp this with You did drive a pre production car now, sorry, yep, I have been told software updates have been done. Apparently there was like six I think there was like a bit of a rebuttal video to what you put out there was there?
Speaker 2: Well I think so, but it was a bit of a weird one.
Speaker 3: Okay, well we'll talk about that at great length in the next episode. But yes, so listen the BYD Shark six around about sixty thousand dollars. It's a big bugger too, like it's it's yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Five and a half meters I think, bigger than the Ranger and stuff. So they have quite a presence, Yeah, quite a presence.
Speaker 3: What do you make of the exterior because I looked at this next like the exterior, yeah, next to the Kia Tasmin, which I did not like at all. I thought with the launch, like just as I guess a spectator looking in, I remember at the time thinking BYD knocked it out of the park with the launch. I think they launched a broken hill. They had a whole bunch of journals and I guess influencers there and they got so I think it's quite a smart move to kind of put these people in the back of butt fuck nowhere to put this car on. I guess it's Australian, Yeah, Australian turf and turf they want it to be on you know what I mean. So I think in the design, I think BYD definitely beat out Keia in that department. I got to say, I like it. I really do like it. I think it's got its place, sixty thousand dollars full of tech. It's i'd call this, on the scheme of things, a mid priced car, Like it's not your sort of really affordable forty thousand dollars sort of suv end, but it's a it's a it's a chunk of cash for some people, and you know, you'd hope it to be good. The weird thing is I came off the back of two months driving a bloody Chevy Silverado, So the biggest shock for me was jumping in his car. And one, it's very luxurious inside, but more so it's like you're expecting it to be like you think it's going to be big marillion rough, but it's very luxurious inside and it makes no sound at all, and it's smooth and sensual.
Speaker 2: And you know what this car is like and it admits U lubricant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nearly nearly as smooth yep, this car, it's like you were prepared to rough it at a hostel really rough it. But somehow you've woken up in a beautiful hotel bed and there's silk sheets and there's two foreign lady boys rubbing vasaline in your private parts. That's what this car is like to drive. Look, here's the thing. I'm gonna get in trouble for saying that. But whatever, the car is great. It's a really good car and it's got its place. I think the jury is still out as it's th road capabilities, given that you were given a pre production.
Speaker 2: Car and like another crack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so look, it's not the end of that chapter. I think if you've got one of these on order, from my perspective, you're going to get what you're excited about. I think where the star of the show on this car kind of is is the fact that it is a good daily like it's a proper drive around the city, no problems, you know, and it does feel like an ev you know what I mean, which is weird. Anyway, we'll talk more about that in another episode. Oh that's all. You don't want to add anything else a moment you want to save you your cards, do you?
Speaker 2: I think so? So. The other one that I drove recently and absolutely loved is the new Ford Mustang base GT. So it was a six speed manual. Okay, that thing is so cool. I love the fact that in this day and age, when you know, people get excited over plug in hybrid electroc utes, the cars like the V eight Mustang still exist. It has gone up in price, it is like well over eighty thousand dollars now, but in my mind it is still such a great performance car. You've got a great gearbox, amazing sound out of the exhaust.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that dark Horse sounds phenomenal. I know we're not talking about the dark Horse, but that car. My made, bought one and it's just incredible. I think the base GT that you had, that the software that they've put in, the tech that they've put in was much needed and it's really good.
Speaker 2: Is the tech is the thing I love?
Speaker 3: You've got you're right there with your heart burn. I'm going to leave all that in by the way, in fact, I'm going to make it. I'm going to isolate it. It's the word.
Speaker 2: So Yeah. The thing I love stuff like the drift breaks. They've got now electrically actuated park break that you can use as a drift brake. They've got the line locked feature, which they didn't bring last time because I was worried about people cracking the shit. It's over it. They've got so many just cool functions that you can activate, REV matching, all this sort of stuff that you just don't find on cars these days. It's really cool to see V eight reel drive manual, just just good stuff. Body unreal.
Speaker 3: Oh you know what, I did drive again A couple of I needed some time to fill in, so I had a cone of EV, which is a great little fun they'll get about. I think where that car fails is basically it's not a dedicated EV platform for me anyway. But generally it's fitted out so well. It looks beautiful inside. They've given it some great updates. But you know what I really love, and I know you really don't love, is the B five hundred E No right, it's.
Speaker 2: All sorts of shit.
Speaker 3: It makes no sense. While I like a sixty thousand dollars tiny, tiny little golf ball that makes fake noises and has like two hundred kilometers worth of EV range, it makes no sense. But driving this thing around, I just had it. It's just so fun. If you can ignore all that. I mean, look, if they wanted to, if they really wanted to put out something competitive, that probably should take about twenty thousand dollars off the price tag trying out one hundred kilometers of range. It's it's still good. And you know what, our producer live who often sits in this chair to produce our program, she bloody loved it too. Whatever, it's fun. You can't deny that that car is fine. We've got some questions, oh yeah, on some questions rapid Fire. Can you guys give us an update on Jaguar. Yeah, it's it's still a train wreck when they release those cars.
Speaker 2: I just I honestly, surely they should have read the tea leaves and seen that people are not interested in that shit anyway.
Speaker 3: Jesus, at this moment they are zept cars and they are yeh yeah, they are yet to bring out an actual production car, so I will leave my comments behind on that one. Do you think Tesla has finally fixed the ride or is that just never going to happen? That is from the Good Doyle. Thank you for your question. I'm going to presume the Good Oyle is talking about the new model. Y.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, they will have because it's now going to use the same suspension that they've put in the Model three, and in the Model three it's completely transformed it. So they announced when they sort of revealed that car, that that suspension will go into Model Y.
Speaker 3: Okay, cool. Actually we didn't even talk about that, but yeah, the Model Y. There's a new Model Y. You're right, yeah, it looks very different.
Speaker 2: What do you think of the design?
Speaker 5: Ho hum?
Speaker 3: I think it's got the update it definitely needed. It looks good on the front, it looks good from the back and front. The interior to me is just like, Man, I like that they brought stork back. Yes, they're bringing stock get back.
Speaker 2: At least they're listening because that is the thing that everyone hated about the Model three.
Speaker 3: So I think that's cool.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Those Teslas have just become a little bit boring generic. Yeah, from a car that was once really exciting and the way they engineered it, and you know, to me, a Tesla always stood in a league of its own. I kind of just go, yeah, same, same now, man, that's another question, not a question, per se. Just keep up the awesome work. The Trev Banter is world class. Haha.
Speaker 2: Thank you Loopy for it. Four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, Trevor's a big, fat area bastard.
Speaker 2: I love that he just never has a chance to respond.
Speaker 3: Even when we did give him a chance to respond, no one could fucking understand him. He was under the covers of his bed. Do you guys have Do you guys know of any hybrid vans that's from Doug Wookie hybrid vans?
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I probably, I guess you could call I wonder if Keya would bring out a hybrid of the Carnival. Yeah, but that's not probably the kind of van he's talking.
Speaker 2: Okay, so the I'm just this is so bad. I'm just googling it now. So there are electric fans, so it says, yeah, Volkswagen tip to launch Australia's first plug in hybrid van Stario Hybrid.
Speaker 3: Oh there you go.
Speaker 2: That's what I forgot about that, Okay, Stari hybrid.
Speaker 3: I think that answers this question. Let's keep going. How do you two know each other?
Speaker 2: Well?
Speaker 3: That was we met on Snapchat. Paul was sending photos which I thought was just nature photos from the Amazon, and now I thought it was nature photos.
Speaker 2: From the Amazon.
Speaker 3: It's definitely not a Vulgan. It was during COVID. I said, let's start a podcast, yeah, and you went, yeah, okay, So I don't know what car this person, Liam Leaf is referring to. Who does this?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Maybe it's the Shark six, because I said we were gonna review the Shark six. But does the Senate console fold down so Donna can give Parvlay some loving while driving?
Speaker 2: Well, even if it did, it wouldn't support that kind of mass.
Speaker 3: When you saw the by D struggling to get up a hill, that's Pavlay trying to like get on top of one of Donna's thighs.
Speaker 2: Just grappling. Just now that I've got a software update though, just putting your.
Speaker 3: Bucket over ahead and holding onto the handles. We should wrap this up. I'm sure, I'm sure people are over it. That that will be enough from us. There will be a very quick BYD episode coming up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, levis rating if you haven't done so yet, what's our email? I forgot now? Contact at the Drivers Show dot com dot au.
Speaker 3: Is it contact? I've got here info at the Driver Show dot com. I made it. I made a runsheet. I made an email wrong anyway, contacted the drivershow dot com dot you or maybe it could be Infro with the Driver Show dot come down to you fucking who cares? Just I mean drop as a DM on the Gram on Insta the drivershow dot com dot you like rate review? If you've got a review, that would be great if you could share it and like it and do it, do it subscribe. Thank you very much, everybody, thanks for.
Speaker 1: Tuning in to the Driver's Show, proudly sponsored by it AMDSU Nano Taylor Oil Experience, the power of precision and over one hundred years of engineering expertise. Want to know more so it AMDSU Nano Taylor Oil A you today, No.
Speaker 2: Tell us more about the shark. And I think the twelve minutes you gushed over it probably wasn't enough.
Speaker 3: Oh no, probably I did. I mention the lady boys, but.
Speaker 2: It doesn't have a training. That's the thing that will.
Speaker 3: Play so well played. That'll save me your honor, he clearly said Tranny as in transmission.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 3: Case dismissed. Next, a case against Pavel Marek v b y D and the infamous hill climb card is the gen I don't know what that is