Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 1: Got anything good?
Speaker 3: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Good morning producer, Rea, Good morning, Good morning, Patsy morning.
Speaker 1: Now what have we all got for weekend plans? What are you up to? Pats?
Speaker 3: I've got a massive weekend weekend.
Speaker 2: If anyone just canes it goes large. It's pills is clubs.
Speaker 1: It's off.
Speaker 2: So far pressed down as sideways benders.
Speaker 4: No, it is very mumsy this weekend. It's mum's taxi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what if you want to call it mums taxi?
Speaker 2: Okayah, all right, the party bus, the party the Patsy buses leaving.
Speaker 1: It's loaded with.
Speaker 4: Some pills and just going to theater class and then again on Sunday.
Speaker 3: So that's all we're doing.
Speaker 4: You in an audition from musical No not me Andrina no Ordero's doing theater this weekend. And it's a full weekend this weekend, so yeah, it'll be a busy one.
Speaker 1: Does she do a show?
Speaker 3: They will be yeah, coming June.
Speaker 1: What are they doing?
Speaker 4: They do like a bit of a showcase of everything, and they'll have two acts and they will have two themed acts. So last time she did what did they do last Mary Poppins?
Speaker 5: And it sounds like you don't know what she's doing.
Speaker 3: No, well I don't. Actually I'm not a crossss.
Speaker 2: I don't get honest, because my daughters did like theater class. And again Patsy and I were talking about last week. Actually they get so much from it.
Speaker 3: Oh she loves it.
Speaker 2: And out of the school environment, they learn about collaboration and they.
Speaker 1: Really bond and it does a confidence the world of good.
Speaker 2: Even if they don't have ambitions to go and do it on theater, it really gets them out of their comforts, you know what.
Speaker 3: It's so good for their social skills.
Speaker 4: They made a difference, you know, different friendship circle and when you're kid, there is nothing more empowering for them and for you as a parent when they find their thing. It could be sport, it could be whatever they're into. But when you know they come off stage and she is absolutely baming like she's your forhic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're just kind of glowing.
Speaker 2: They that's opened up. And also perhaps don't you find it's like fight club. They don't want to tell you about what went on, which is why you know, I get why you don't know.
Speaker 1: All about that.
Speaker 3: Now idea what they're doing?
Speaker 1: How was it?
Speaker 2: Because you're glowing off their glow and they go, oh, don't make it weird. I was doing is questions, don't shrink away and just drive you home them for an hour and a half. I didn't want anything to do on a Saturday anyway.
Speaker 3: It's so good at bottling those sort of emotions.
Speaker 1: It's like it's got to do with you. It was just simply from the back seat. Why are you interested?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's based on why that might be?
Speaker 4: Why might that be for your lessons for a start? Yes, so big mumsy, waken this weekend.
Speaker 1: What are you up to this weekend?
Speaker 5: At eleven am, I'll be embarking on a twelve hour pub crawl.
Speaker 2: One.
Speaker 1: This is alive. I used to used to have Wow, what's it like to be like that? And I'm scared.
Speaker 5: I'm a little bit skinned and I don't know if I still.
Speaker 1: Have still got that in you. Yeah, so it's going to be an interesting test.
Speaker 2: It's more like what happens the next day after the next day, it's Monday, I'm now worried about Yeah, it's it's not the day after, because sometimes you can do something like that and you think, wow, I've still got it anything. I haven't got a hangover, you're still processing booze, you're slightly drunk. But then the Monday you're like, oh God, did I get thrown from a small light aircraft?
Speaker 1: I think I've been hit by car. I'm not in a great way telling you this now, actually, because if I be here but not here, you.
Speaker 3: Need to have a really hearty breakfast. You've got to have something in you belly. Today in the.
Speaker 2: Middle of the show on Monday at six was having a full English breakfast. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, three change, yeah, stop it not to change phats he does three change.
Speaker 3: You've got to prepare the stomach before.
Speaker 1: You go again. This is a pro you should do like an online masterclass.
Speaker 2: Stop boozes, guy, last, stop brawlers.
Speaker 4: Seriously, you guys, what are you up to in there?
Speaker 1: Actually?
Speaker 2: Tomorrow I'm the MC for a charity gala dinner for a lovely, lovely charity called Little Dreamers and what a lovely idea. So there are a lot of kids, about one in ten kids in Australia who actually their their mum or dad or a sibling is ill and they are one of the carers, so they actually have to surrender a part of their childhood. So this charity gives them days out. Oh wow, I only found about last year. My wife has done some voluntary work for them and they asked me to be a host, and I spent a couple of days last year we actually working with the meeting some of these kids and it was just such a you know when you think when you hear about a charity like backpacks of it kids and you think, I didn't even know that would be needed, and you think about kids actually who are looking after mum or dad or brother and sister and do it because they love them.
Speaker 1: But it's still a huge demand on them.
Speaker 2: So Tomorrow Night is a charity fundraiser and there's an auction as well. So anyway, I'm the host of My Night. The most awkward bit of it though, lots of lovely people at the Crown that they donate prizes nine of the auction. One of the prizes is come watch this show only. I'm hosting the auction to be graded financially in front of a room for a couple bunch of people. It's gonna be my ego might be in a worse state than your liver. On Monday Reel Christian O'Connell show, go on podcast Time Now for double thumbs up. This is where we go around the team. We talk about the things we're into the moment. There might be a TV show that you hear us talking about that you want to watch this weekend. If there's anything you're into at the moment, books, TV's, movies, whatever it is, share it with us. Oh four seven five three, one oh four three. Now, yesterday I was talking about this and I love this movie so much. You're going to think this is strange, guys. I went from a movie I saw on Netflix two days ago yesterday evening strange day yesterday. I went to the middle of the movie and watched it again, straight into the heart and the guts of it. My wife went, what are you doing. I need to process some stuff. I need to be with the nonners. The nonnas helped me in a loving space, giving.
Speaker 1: Me a warm embrace.
Speaker 2: You must have been balling, balling, sobbing. My wife was doing work and she said.
Speaker 1: You write down there here sobbing. Oh yeah, it's good. It's good to get all this stuff out. It's just good. And the nonnas were there for me. Nonis. It's on Netflix.
Speaker 2: It just dropped last week Vince Vaughan and with a cast of the cast is so great and it's a true story about a guy who lost his Italian mum and alviously, like a lot of Italian families and a lot of families, it's not unique to Italian, but it's definitely a big part of Italian culture, so with Greek as well, and many cultures. How they food is how people express love for their family and friends. It's how they look after each other. And I think in the first five minutes there's a line about you know, at the funeral, you need to feed your grief, and actually the movie goes on, they're not just feeding grief, they're feeding joy connection, what it is to belong and actually it's a real privilege of being alive is having a meal with family and friends. It's not about being at fancy restaurant. It can be a barbecue, it can be a snag, it can be a burger. This movie I cannot recommend it enough, no matter what you've got going on in your life this weekend. I promise you if you've set aside two hours to watch Nonas.
Speaker 1: It will change you.
Speaker 2: It opens up your heart and it's not a sugary, sort of schmaltzy way. It's actually a very human, tender movie that isn't a downer.
Speaker 1: It's so joyous. The tears are crist yesterday.
Speaker 2: Actually tears of joy and of feeling what it is to be alive. There's so much loss in a life as well, but also so much connection and joy. It's a very I don't know how they've done it, but it's a surprisingly layered movie that won't get any rave reviews, it won't get nominated for Oscars, but actually gave me more joy and meaning than any movie I've.
Speaker 1: Seen in the last couple of years has had like five stars. Of you.
Speaker 5: It's so understated, isn't Yeah, So like if you you will leave that movie thinking about I was thinking about my mom for the next two hours after.
Speaker 2: And family and life and friends, and I don't know just changed, how it just changed. It gives you an attitude readjustment, and my god, it's just it just it just makes your heart glow. And I realized yesterday on my second viewing of Nona's and forty eight Hours that two of the three honors. One of the nonners is Lorraine Bracker, who is Dr Melfi in The Sopranos. She was Tony Soprano's therapist, the other Nonna, the former Nun. She was Adrian in The Rocky Room. And I'm so Connie in the Godfather trilogy.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: They call them a murderer's road, doesn't eve they really are. There's the cast and.
Speaker 1: Susan Sarandon is amazing as well. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: You know sometimes you see someone and they're like, oh, you're going to get resurgence.
Speaker 1: Now, you're going to get so much you remind me more like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you realize there's a whole load of these actresses that are around who actually just get cast aside, or they get a small role as some hollowed out human being. It actually made them front and center. It's a Vinci More movie. But the three nonners and those actresses, they are the movie.
Speaker 1: That's.
Speaker 5: As you get old being discarded, especially as a woman, especially as a woman and in different.
Speaker 2: Men in Hollywood, you look at like Kevin Coston. You look at those women like I haven't seen a lot of them in movies now ever, actually in the last twenty or thirties.
Speaker 1: They're so good. Yes, they're so good.
Speaker 2: They're so funny, and they're real and they've obviously been through a life.
Speaker 1: You can see it in them. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I cannot recommend none as enough. I just absolutely loved it so much, so I went back the next night and watched it again. But from the second half, when you really.
Speaker 5: Don't do that, I can recommend don't do that unless you want to keep sobbing or not.
Speaker 2: And then at a very different end of the scale, I went to the cinema last Friday. Nothing better than going sometimes alone to the cinema because you don't need to worry are they having a good time?
Speaker 1: Are they having a good time?
Speaker 2: Especially because the movie I went to see there's a reason why I had to go along because my family did not want to go with me.
Speaker 1: The accountant to now.
Speaker 2: I only saw the first one on the flight back from the UK when we're about to see my my dad over Eastern and.
Speaker 1: I loved it. It's a great action movie, Ben Affleck.
Speaker 2: And so the second one came out and I went to see it at two o'clock in the afternoon last Friday, and it was me.
Speaker 1: And if you go to the cinema during the.
Speaker 2: Day, how can I politely describe the other people that were in the cinema? My colleagues were day walkers. I don't even think they were ever young. You know anything you've existed eternally like this, shufflers, confused.
Speaker 1: Zombies and there was only I.
Speaker 2: Did a head count eight of us, eight of us, and I just thought I'd just sit anywhere.
Speaker 1: Ohd couple coming to me, You're sat in our seat, and I would.
Speaker 2: Thinking, on this is we're really doing this?
Speaker 1: It's empty? Pick a seat and I went, yep, I must be seting this seat.
Speaker 2: But great action movie. Accountant To is really good. Patsy, what are you into? What are you giving your double thumbs too?
Speaker 4: A couple of Netflix things. I love everything about the Titanic. I've always been absolutely fascinated bed.
Speaker 2: Last disaster, don't you that's why you went into I bet you're so upset you on on air the day that that's sunk. And we should do a power rankings of stories of perats of where you've been alive for.
Speaker 4: Hilarious so funny sashed stop it anyway, this is a national g sprets. This is a national geographic doggo and it's brilliant. It's called the Digital Resurrection. They've got a panel of experts.
Speaker 1: Snappy title in it.
Speaker 2: Huh, because if they're gone with the analog Resurrection, I'm not watching the digital you say.
Speaker 1: In streaming the Titanic.
Speaker 4: They're using all the latest technology to examine the actual ship sinking and all the theories of how it broke up, how it fell to the bottom of the sea bed, and just trying to prove eyewitness accounts from survivors of what actually happened.
Speaker 1: Iceberg wasn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But you know what Apple, and how much part of the ship?
Speaker 1: I mean, what are you into?
Speaker 2: Just asked upon Chris scrap.
Speaker 3: But they've got this enorm It was I that.
Speaker 1: Did it give it away?
Speaker 2: We get complaints now for mister Wolf, I was going to watch that Titanic movie.
Speaker 4: What is most impressive is they've got a life sized screen of the actual wreck and it's like these experts actually walk over the top of the wreck is you know, and zoom in on it. It's absolutely incredible.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was great. That's on Netflix. And the other thing, Season three of Love on the Spectrum.
Speaker 3: We've started watching.
Speaker 4: This is the best feel good show you will, I guarantee, ever see on stream.
Speaker 3: It's so pure, it is so beautiful.
Speaker 4: It's the story of people on the autism spectrum and finding love and moving through life, and it's it's just absolutely gorgeous and we cry. Every told me to watch it, and I think, why do we watch this? It just makes us cry, but it leaves you feeling warm in the heart. Is absolutely beautiful. Season three the latest season on Netflix.
Speaker 1: Great. Well, take a break, we'll come back. The Christian O'Connell show podcast.
Speaker 2: Had a message from someone who wants to remain anonymous Christian. Do you still recommend nonas the movie that you've all loved on Netflix this week? For someone who has cried every day for two weeks after a breakup, Please keep.
Speaker 1: Me and on a noon.
Speaker 2: First of all, I'm sorry, all of our hearts go out to you. We've all been there. I'm really sorry.
Speaker 1: Actually I do. I tell you why.
Speaker 2: Everything I said ten minutes ago is that it will sometimes when you're going through something like that, it gets stuck in you and actually you struggle to get in contact with what you're really feeding.
Speaker 1: There's that the thing under the thing, and it's hard.
Speaker 2: Actually, sometimes words have a limit to their power, or yeah, you lose contact or something. There's a reason why, and I can't go into it here, it's not right. There's a reason why I watched it again last night, straight into the second half of it. I wanted to get something moving that I was struggling to talk about. So actually, Anon, I think it's exactly what you need your meat where you are right now, and it will move through you and it will open up hopefully into something else as well. So it's not going to get rid of what you're going through with your breakup. But also you'll find that you're just widened to what's also there. So they'll probably be your the loss, whatever you're processing with the grief of breaking up the relationship, howe long you be together, but they'll also be you'll give yourself a bit more breathing space, it would expand into something else, like there's always there sometimes just outside of view is there's always joy as well as the sadness sometimes in life. So Anon, I do recommend it. I'm not a doctor, but I say this doctor Christian says, I recommend a hearty to adducts of nonors, boxer tissues out theready, some cano, a glass of sanchio face as well toast. There's a lot of toasting.
Speaker 1: Rio. What are you into this week? What you enjoyed? What's your double thumbs?
Speaker 5: You gave me the challenge last week. You gave me fifty dollars.
Speaker 1: You watched Jenni Thieves two Pantira.
Speaker 5: You said, if it is good, you have to give me the fifty dollars back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if you don't love it.
Speaker 2: Because I was so happy, I'll put my money on den of Thieves with Gerard Butler. If you don't like it, keep the money. But I actually said, take my money. I'll put money on it that you would enjoy. It's the fifty coming to me.
Speaker 5: I thought, this is going to be the easiest fifty dollars a month. Because Christ's hit rate for some of these movies is extraord I realized that.
Speaker 2: So really, if I came in hot saying that I love Denne Thieves write so much, one of the best action movies I've seen in a couple of years you were like, here we go again. It's rubbish, but for grudgingly.
Speaker 1: How it shouldn't be that good. But it's so good.
Speaker 5: It's so silly, but it's also so exhilarating and and it's like a bromance in it. It's got the butler in a club on drugs. Its got everything you can possibly want in a movie.
Speaker 1: I have to keep.
Speaker 2: It's great, and it's till off hours, which is a long time for an action movie, but it just sufis it.
Speaker 5: It rests, But it's a great Friday.
Speaker 1: I tell you what.
Speaker 2: The high scene is one of the best high scenes, and then the shootout in car chase after that is incredible.
Speaker 5: The last forty minutes is cinema, Yeah, cinema yeah.
Speaker 1: And that's why it's the love of watching movies as well. So what's that fifty? Well, give it? I got to give it back.
Speaker 2: No, I like you to keep it, and now go back and watch the original.
Speaker 1: Oh deal, deal, it's.
Speaker 2: Not the way you meant to do it, too, then that's the way I like to do it.
Speaker 1: So go back now.
Speaker 2: This weekend, the ogdenalthees the fact it could be your hangover watch on Sunday
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Show podcast