Speaker 1: Flex and Frooms, Flex and Frooms. This is the Flex and Frooms catch up podcast. Listen. We do like talking about relationships. I think it's interesting. The punters seem to love it as well, Is that right, Producer Brookie? They love it.
Speaker 2: They love it.
Speaker 1: They're absolutely rabid for it. And here I have a bit of a disaster that's gone down that this person wants advice with. I have heard on good authority that this is a real scenario. Okay, sometimes people calling with a bit of joke, joke scenario. This really happened, so the stakes are high. It starts. I screwed up big time exclamation mark. I work in finance and have had quite a few X rated businesses that we manage. As I thank you for some work we helped a business with, they're giving us all access for free to one of their gentlemen's clubs for the team sick. I message here I thought was my coworker Riley telling him about it, and ended it by saying as as titties, titties and some very suggestive emojis. An hour later, I get a frantic phone call from my girlfriend. As a turns out, I didn't message my coworker, but instead I messaged my mother in law with the same name. No, now my girlfriend doesn't trust me, and I'm supposed to be going over to my mother in law's house for dinner next weekend. How am I supposed to face her? Well, says you've cooked her. This person cooked at hard.
Speaker 2: It's so embarrassing. The text message in itself is really embarrassing. If you're an adult who's been invited into an adult establishment to see some really talented dancers do their work, and the way you JEP with your boys is like US US TITDC. You're a child and therefore you should be embarrassed anyway, Like it was the most like bottom of the barrel way to approach it. So now you've been spited with your juvenile behavior by having it go to the one person you would not want it to go to, because like go to the gentleman's club, that's fine, whatever, but now your girlfriend has to go defend your childlike behavior to her mom and try to defend the gentleman's club. It's too much. It's too much.
Speaker 1: You've added too many layers. Yeah, look, we're all human. What made this missa allegedly? Yeah, alien vibes. I don't think I've ever sent the wrong text to someone. It's probably my biggest fear is the classic like screenshot and argument and send it on, but you've accidentally sent it to the person. I think parents and sex don't mix. They don't, and also what doesn't mix is sending the wrong text messages. So it's a bit of a double whammy. I think it should be on him. It shouldn't be on the girlfriend to explain it to the mother in law. I think he work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they can.
Speaker 1: Go over to the house or call her up if you have a relationship with the mother.
Speaker 2: Okay, imagine, right, your boyfriend has accidentally sent a salacious text to your mom. Right, your mom's gonna ask you what was that? And you're be like, don't worry. He's gonna call you later on and explain that's weird.
Speaker 1: I would explain it, and then the boyfriend would follow up with a follow up call. Yeah, first I'd corroborate and say what are we going to say? Then you spoke to her. I think it's only fair he sent the message. We're all adults.
Speaker 2: Why are we corroborating that? If we're all adults, well.
Speaker 1: In case you want to lie to her, but I think it's still the polite thing to do is to call, get the organis out of the way, call and say, hey, lol, I said this thing to my friend as a joke. It's a running joke we have. We're not actually going to a gentleman.
Speaker 2: I just this would never happen. I don't know what while you're living.
Speaker 1: Hey, a running joke, and it's better to be upfront and lie rather than ignore it.
Speaker 2: Get ahead of the story. I understand that was terrifying. I'm so sorry whoever that happened. To let it be a lesson.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Flex and Firms Daily podcast. For more, Tune Indicater on DAB or stream it on iHeartRadio.