Speaker 1: Quest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome friends to the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 3: Over the last three weeks back home to the UK see mom and sister family traveling with me, my wife and our six year old daughter.
Speaker 4: It's been a.
Speaker 3: Very ah, it's been very combatible times at times, because, like I said, it's my wife and my six year old teenage daughter.
Speaker 4: Both of those.
Speaker 3: Women and trainee women, big characters, big energy. Then we're traveling around a lot lot it's like a band on a world tour that will get tempers were getting frayed a lot and I don't know whether it's some mother daughter thing.
Speaker 4: We all have these kind of roles in family, and mine.
Speaker 3: Is often to be peacekeeper, which drives my wife nuts because she's very easy to be everyone's friend, isn't it Chris.
Speaker 4: Switchland over there? Yeah, who do you think?
Speaker 3: No matter how that war when they're still getting all that Nazi gold they were quids up at the end of that war. Anyway, various points of the three week epic trip around Europe that I've just come back from yesterday, I was actually making a note yesterday the airport on the wait to come home to Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Of where in the world.
Speaker 3: They had arguments, okay, and it's quite I know, even a massive one they had once on a beach in Broom. Then there's the cafe where one that walked out in Port Douglas. I can now top off west of England where we're in a beautiful place called Cornwall, right down the west of England, lovely down there on a ferry. The captain this ferry, by the way, was the oldest man I've ever seen. Seriously, he looked like Captain, but not Captain Bird's Eye, Captain Bird's Eye's great great grandfather.
Speaker 4: Right, he was a real old salty sea dog.
Speaker 3: And he got up to this little crow's nest and the're on this tiny, wonky little fairry. And they didn't, you know, normally get in like a boat and you're going somewhere half now they tell you where their life jackets are.
Speaker 4: None of that, none of that.
Speaker 3: And then I saw that he had a young assistant who was I swear to god, he was was reading a book like very intently called Mastering the Sea.
Speaker 4: Right, thinking this ain't good.
Speaker 3: He got old Captain Birds out there, and then his mate who sooniously finished this is obviously going to have a mutiny on this boat. We're all going to be like that Tom Hanks movie, wasn't Tom Rax, Cats and Fills.
Speaker 4: Mastering the Sea. And he's really like, well, now this book ends, he's really really getting into it.
Speaker 3: Anyway, wife and my wife and my six ron old they get into a massive realm. It was a day before this family wedding and they were arguing about who was going to have what time spots to get their hair done. I didn't even know that women have to get their hair done.
Speaker 4: On the day of the wedding. Of course, there was no thought.
Speaker 3: For what I need to get done or I think on the day of the wedding. But they start having huge great rail so I can also now and then the course and to Plymouth Ferry. In our world autless of arguments. So I want to open up now a world utless of where you've had in the world. Might be on holiday, wherever it is with a partner, with family, wherever it might be a workstro anywhere you had an argument in the world, call us up, just let us plot it on our world. Outlets of arguments on nine four one four one oh four three. Where can you give us Patsy? Where we're going to go in the world.
Speaker 5: Just very recently, this one went for a few days in fact, Mount Coronet Peak in Queenstown, just very recently. This break absolutely stunning. It was all his first day at the snow. Anyway. We went to the ski hire shop to hire our gear and it was this place was absolutely bursting at the seams. You can imagine parents, school break kids. These skis don't fit these boots. So Chris, it's just his worst nightmare. He just wanted to get in there, get our stuff and get out and go to dinner.
Speaker 4: Too much fath too MUCHA and why put extra layers on.
Speaker 5: On holidays to stay dry and warm, somewhere warm. No, No, we're.
Speaker 6: In the snow.
Speaker 5: It was a snow holiday anyway. So he was trying on his pants and I said, Chris, they are miles too big. I think you need to ask for like at least two sizes smaller. They'll fall off your hips. No, they'll be right.
Speaker 4: Pants whatever they call them, that's right.
Speaker 5: Well, you don't want to be flapping in the breeze as you come down the slopes.
Speaker 6: You take of human cannon ball, become all those guys in a wingsuit where he's.
Speaker 4: Actually airball from mister red.
Speaker 5: Bull anyway, wouldn't be told. He said, no, no, no, I know boats, let's just go to dinner. We're going to be late for our dinner booking, and I'm all right anyway. I kept checking in with him even as we got on the bus to go up to the mountain. That morning. We were right outside the ski shop and we were like mega early fifteen minutes earlier. I said, listen, while we're sitting there, I said, you've got time, Like, there's no one in there. Why don't you just go in and all you need to do is swap the pants. Look, I'll do it for you. No, it's fine anyway. So we get up to the top of the mountain and they annoyed him all day because they would not stay on his hips.
Speaker 4: So what do you mean they're falling down?
Speaker 5: They're falling down, like completely falling down site for.
Speaker 3: Other kids out on an innocent family ski tchip a man's bare arm from Werribee.
Speaker 4: It was not good that double moon up there at the top of Corr.
Speaker 5: So his his solution was he had to get his scarf and tied it around his waist. Yes, it was the only way he could keep them.
Speaker 6: Up was a scarf.
Speaker 4: Or black belt.
Speaker 5: He looked ridiculous.
Speaker 4: I bet you'd love to say I told you so all the time, Jackie. Well, where can you add us? So we've got coin at peak.
Speaker 6: I'll put a pin. In Bangkok, Thailand, when I was nineteen, I traveled there with a friend of mine and we were trying to stay on a slim budget. So we were sharing a room a lot of time, even sharing a double bed, and we were getting sick of each other.
Speaker 4: I was snoring.
Speaker 6: I was getting annoyed at this snoring. He was waking me up at the night. And then what pushed us over the edge was I got a tattoo. Of course Thailand. I didn't know until halfway through the tattoo that you're not meant to go to the beach or go swimming in the ocean for two weeks after it, and our plan was to go down to the islands of Thailand and enjoy. So telling my friend and we were already tense with each other, Tell you, my friend, we can't go.
Speaker 4: To the beach, and it's a beach holiday.
Speaker 6: We had a proper storm off, did you wow?
Speaker 3: We all right where in the world then from atlas of arguments can you give us?
Speaker 4: This is the Christian O'Connell show.
Speaker 3: Podcast, roping up an atlas of the world. Where in the world can you take us to where you've had an argument? Cushion and managed to crack it with my entire family, Meg mid dog sled in the middle of remote Sweden. Now I've done that with the family. It's noisy, it's.
Speaker 4: Cold, and those dogs make a lot of noise as well.
Speaker 6: There's no storming off John into the Arctic wilderness.
Speaker 3: Stuck on a sleigh together. And I'm guessing you're doing it as a Christmas experience as well. Whenever there's a big expectation like we've come all this way to have all this experience and all this money, that's when it's like the perfect storm for a big mountain down?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 3: A lot of these involved dislands? Fact, we should keep this going this week and actually we should break down the Disneyland rounds into where exactly in the Magic Kingdom?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: So nine four one four one o four three, Where can you take us in the world where you've had an argument?
Speaker 1: Janine, come on in Good Morning, team, how are we all.
Speaker 4: We're good, Janine, welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 7: Mine is the happiest place on earth, Disneyland, Anaheim.
Speaker 4: Let's get into it.
Speaker 3: So I've been to that one where was the row set, the scene the sort of outside.
Speaker 7: The Rapid river Ride river ride. So we were traveling with our three kids, five, eight and ten. Now someone was having I think a few behavioral issues due to all the preservatives in two over there. My husband and I, honestly we nearly divorced in the middle of Disneyland, honestly telling me, Janine, you've got to shut your back. You've got to shut you back. Someone's going to nick your bag, and my other son's having his little tanty, and I said, for God's.
Speaker 4: Sake, it'll be all I should offer divorces there. You go on the raad together and then you leave separately, and.
Speaker 6: You can buy a photo of your last moment together as a mouse mat.
Speaker 7: So he went one way. I went onto the Rafa River Ride with the three kids. But you know, we continued our trip. We've just celebrated twenty five years marriage. So something something well done.
Speaker 3: Felt more like a sort of endurance thing. Then you just like finished a marathon.
Speaker 4: I did it, I wouldn't do it again. It's awful thing, all right, Janine, awesome story. You have a great week. Thanks calling the show.
Speaker 7: Thanks very much.
Speaker 2: Bye.
Speaker 4: Teresa. Good morning, Teresa.
Speaker 1: Oh good morning. Look on my Monday started off. But now I've got heart palpitations again and I've got a bit of reflex thinking about this story. We were in Venice about to catch a train with our kids and my husband. Because he's a tighter us, he wanted to go and quickly grab a one dollar beer from somewhere, and you know we're not He wanted to grab a one dollar beer because that's what he did, and he left it to the last second and we had to board the trainer. I'm feeling sick telling you about this. Because I had the passports, I had the kids. We were forced to get on the train. The train wasn't named as to where it was going, and I'm thinking, what the hell I'm going to kill this man when I see him, I'm going to punch him in the express. Oh look, it was just terrible and he was just and then it gets I'm thinking everything was fin until he saw my face and I said, I do not want to speak to you, because if I do, it's going to be really, really bad. But you've left me on this train. I didn't know if you were going to make it all for a dollar beer. Seriously, seriously, do you men do that?
Speaker 4: It's a good price a dollar in this story, I'm all thinking that is so.
Speaker 1: Cheap in but you don't do that with three young children and your wife waiting to think.
Speaker 4: It's exactly when you need to do it.
Speaker 3: Because of that said situation, I want to take him by a couple of travelers.
Speaker 4: That this trip trip.
Speaker 1: He wasn't hurt.
Speaker 4: Hight Teresa. I hope the acid reflux calms down.
Speaker 1: Thank you very much. Guys, have a good day.
Speaker 4: And you Teresa. And then we go here Daniel, Yeah, how are you doing?
Speaker 3: We're good, Daniel, sir? Where in the world do we go? And we've been to just been to Venice? Where are you taking us?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: I didn't get a dollar yere, but I totally would. We were in Kenya and we were on a big intrepant tour for sixteen days and we need a yellow fever vaccine to get back into Australia after the trip. So the trip goes from Kenya into Uganda, and we had our last night in Kenya and then we're on the bus to Uganda. That's like a ten hour bus ride, and our intrepid leader gets a text message from the hotel. She comes up to us and going, do you have your yellow fever booklets? And my partner goes ghost white, starts rubbing through the bag and then looks at me and goes, what the hell, I thought you cleaned the room?
Speaker 4: And argument, I thought you cleaned room.
Speaker 3: I thought you were cleaning the room, and that once you stop rummaging in the bag, it's never in there.
Speaker 2: Was it was not in there.
Speaker 6: You should the responsibility of being the last one to look around the room. It's too much responsibility.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 2: I was in the shower and she left and she grabbed bags, and I thought she grabbed everything, but turns out I didn't know.
Speaker 3: We have it, We have a golden rule. Whoever is the last person leaving the room must do the sweep. And it can't be one of the kids. You cannot trust them.
Speaker 2: So you agreeing with her.
Speaker 4: Yes, ye, last man must see it's on that.
Speaker 2: I excepted all responsibility at the end, but it still was not enough and it was bad. So the hotel beat us to the border and we tipped them a stack of money and then we got our passports back and we got back into Australia.
Speaker 4: So you know what about money change the situation.
Speaker 3: How many times you've been somewhere in the world where it's you cannot and then you offer them some money. Yes you can, You really can with money, Daniel, Daniel, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: You call me no, no worries, have a good wind, cal a brighter not you're
Speaker 4: Listening to the Christian O Carl Show podcast