Speaker 1: Guys, welcome back to another week of Life Uncut, where we talk about well, life uncut.
Speaker 2: Hey un Cut. I am britt and I'm Laura, and boy do we have a colorful episode for you this week? Starting with the color Green.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you've heard the scene the grass is always greener if you have fantastic If you haven't, well, get out from under your rock, you big fat weirdo, because the saying is actually pretty damn common.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure most people have heard of this idea. I just thought it was a good intro. I liked it. It was a great introth. Thanks for that, Brittany. All right, well let's talk about that later. We can water your grass? I mean, is that? What are we doing here? I feel like you're hitting on me watering my grass? Oh? Maybe I am? I do you feel about that? Well? I want to know what'd you learn this week? What did I learn this week? Actually, the one thing I wanted to bring up with you was did you watch that sixty minutes episode how Megan Markle lost her sparkle with Karl Stefanovitch and that more on Katie Hopkins? Did you you did watch this? I watched it. Well, I had to do a little bit of research into who Katie Hopkins actually was because it confused me as to why this woman who is clearly slightly unhinged was given a platform. Her opinions on Mega Markle became sort of verbatim and became gospel.
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't really understand why they gave her the platform either. She is actually self described as the biggest bitch in Britain.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so if you haven't heard of who this woman is. So Katie Hopkins was the social commentator on this sixty minutes episode where they were doing this investigative journalism on why Megan Markle has lost her sparkle. We're using that term very loosely. It was so far from being journalism. It was just flat out bullying. Where's Katie Hopkins's come from? Is she was on the British version of The Apprentice before moving into a media career. Oh I didn't know that. Yeah, And she's been well known as being quite racist, quite bigoted, And she's was quoted as saying that refugees and migrants are cockroaches and feral and I know, wait for this, And she also declared that gunboats should be used to stop migrants and refugees from reaching their destinations. Oh my god, So we gave this woman a platform to talk about how she feels about Mega Markle, as though her opinions are in any way valid.
Speaker 1: Would do you know one thing that I read actually, just to add to that that she has said in the past, and she said that ginger babies quote, ginger babies are so much.
Speaker 2: Harder to love. I did read them. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: My niece and nephew are little redhands and the cutest little things I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: All Katie Hopkins offered in this episode was shock value and scandal. The whole thing just turned into an absolute witch hunt.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely. And then you hear Carl at the start he asks her, what did Megan Mirkale ever do to deserve such hate? And then in return, Hopkins says everything. I don't think this is very good investigative journalism if you're just going to say, oh, I just hate her, I hate everything she does, she breath, I hater.
Speaker 2: Well everything was the fact that she didn't like the clothing that she wore. Oh that was ridiculous, how sexist and ridiculous because I'm sorry, but we're not standing here saying that there's any men that are part of the royal family that we're going to bill a five because we don't like their clothing. Second to that, she was having a go about Meg and Markel advocating for climate change. So that was another reason why she's so hated, because she's been passionate about climate change. It was just the most outrageous. The fact that it had a platform at all really infuriated me. The thing that really.
Speaker 1: Got to her, and I heard it said four or five times, is that they're doing all this for the environment, but they took for private jets to get there. Well, I'm sorry, do you expect them to get on an easy Jet economy flight?
Speaker 2: Well? I did actually read a statement that Elton John had put out, which sounds so random. But the reason why they had gotten these private flights is because they were going to see Elton John and they're having an amazing holiday with him, as you do when you live this high life social life. But Elton John had put up this statement saying that the trips that they had taken to go and see him were actually carbon neutral because they had donated this money in order to get Gate exactly. So it's just crazy. It really did feel like an absolute witch hunt to me.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, she's a dead set moron and this went viral. It's gone This Australian segment has gone around the world and there's been a lot of backlash on it, on her behalf and Kyl's behalf.
Speaker 2: So but also, I mean not to sort of drag Carl through the mud, because I know that he's had a bit of bad publicity over the Lee's last couple of years, but even him saying that they were asking too much to have privacy, what is that hypocrisy in that Kyl has been asking for privacy for the past two years while he went through a very public divorce and then married his now wife and they had the three date extravagance a Mexican wedding. So how can he be sitting there and conducting this interview which really just feels like a bullying campaign to Megan Markle and at the same time say that she's not privy to have any privacy. The irony in it is just outstanding.
Speaker 1: I really love her, but Meghan, actually Meghan, sorry, is the British call her?
Speaker 2: Megan? Meghan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Meghan is just pushing boundaries and she's different, and people just don't like change and they don't like different.
Speaker 2: They also don't want the royal family to have political stance because those two things seem to be quite contra indicative, so they need to kind of pick one or the other. But I love that she's carving a new personality for herself and she's standing up for herself. And yes, it's gonna rub some people the wrong way, but I don't think that this woman's views, as Katie Hopkins views, is indicative of the wider population.
Speaker 1: No, and saying that how dare she become a royal when she's divorced is laughable.
Speaker 2: Prince Charles and Diana are both divorces, exactly as is Camilla before she married Prince Charles. So let's not let the truth get in the way of a good story. I am straight. How was your week? For it?
Speaker 1: It? My week was great, And actually I'm so glad you brought that up because I wanted to talk to you.
Speaker 2: About that as well. You want to talk to me about your week?
Speaker 1: But no, no, no, what I really loved this week was watching.
Speaker 2: You on the Bachelor. Yes, it Puzzle on the TV again. I absolutely loved it. How did a feel watching myself or doing it for just.
Speaker 1: Being back in that situation? Did you get goosebumps and shivers and want to run or no?
Speaker 2: I had like post traumatic stress disorder where I like had suppressed all these awful memories and I was like, Oh, let back here again.
Speaker 1: Should just go home and go up in the corner and start rocking back and forth.
Speaker 2: I actually really felt for the girls going back in and filming that episode of the Bachelor. So if anyone who hasn't seen the episode from last week, Snazanna and I and Matt and Sam, we both went into the Batch mansion and we were supposed to be helping our ASTROBATCHI find love the right girl for him. It was really weird. We had to interview all the girls and kind of pick one and go and have this like dinner date with the girls are all really lovely. You can just feel the want that they have to not step a foot wrong. They really wanted Yeah, they really wanted to impress us, which bless them because I remember exactly what that feels like. So I have some questions.
Speaker 1: I'm just going to roll off the top of my tongue right now. But I hear me, did you how long did you get with each girl?
Speaker 2: Okay, at the start, it was probably about twenty five minutes to half an hour, but then as the day got on, we were running out of daylight and were running out of times. So I've been dating two minutes in and out. Yeah, so I don't think we got very long. With Ellie. She was one of the last girls that we chatted to, and it was a real quick, wham bem thank you, ma'am, get out of here chat. Same with Emma. That was also what felt like a really quick chat.
Speaker 1: And so did you really feel with Emma, because obviously she's been portrayed to have been in love with Matt the second she laid eyes on him.
Speaker 2: Did you get that feeling from her? Well? I even said it on the show. I said that she is the sort of person who loves being in love and that I was worried a little bit that she was in love with the environment more so than what she was in love with Matt. But I do think she has gotten a little bit of a rough edit because she seemed so lovely. Yeah, I think she would be really lovely. She was. She was a delight, absolute delight. And do you know what, all the girls that were there were actually really lovely. No one at all sort of displayed or conducted themselves in a way that made me think, oh, you got some problems. What about Abby? Look? Like I said on the show, I think that Abby was really really eager to please us, and so she would have said whatever she needed to say. I didn't quite think that she was answering the questions in a way that were completely authentic to her. I really did get the feeling that she was answering and what we wanted to hear in saying that she does not come across as a nasty person at all. She still comes across as being really lovely. She was just super eager to please, right, And so I also think that maybe she's getting a bit of a shit at it. Like I think that she's become very very polarizing. And don't you think it's interesting. We've never had a villain make it so far before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is true, So she's made it so fun. I think she's going to go far deal.
Speaker 2: I do too, and she's still got this real villain edit where all the girls are against her, but she clearly has something very strong with Matt and they have this real fiery chemistry. But I think it's so interesting because we've just never been in a situation with Australian bachelor where the villain has made it so far down the pipeline, like she could be endgame.
Speaker 1: I don't think she is, but she'd be I'm gonna call top three.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what did you think of the episode? Watching it, I was so nervous. I knew you were nervous because you sort of told me. I kind of knew it because you told me you are a genius Britney. Laura said to me, don't kill me.
Speaker 1: But Laura said to me, I am dreading and seeing myself on there again because I'm so like Puffy. And I said, Laura, ay, you're pregnant. That's not Puffey. You do just pregnant, and you just you were You just didn't want to look at yourself on there. But I thought you both of you women were stunning.
Speaker 2: Well, do you know what? And this is such a hate saying this now, because in retrospect, it was all perfectly fine. But when it came to the day before the show was going to be on, I was so worried that people would pay me out about the fact that I had put on weight. That's what I was worried about. Isn't that the most ridiculous thing. I thought I was going to get trolled because I looked so different to what I looked when I was on the TV two years earlier, because I was sixteen kilos bigger than what I was two years earlier.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that also speaks volumes about the society we live in today. If you're worried that people are going to come out and troll you for being pregnant, I know.
Speaker 2: But I guess because I felt a bit insecure, which is so crazy, because you know, when I look back on it, like, I loved being pregnant, and I absolutely cherish every moment that I had in my pregnancy, but I didn't want anyone to take that away from me and to say things that were going to hurt my feelings basically.
Speaker 1: And every comment well that I saw was amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people were really supportive, and I'm grateful for that because the social media can be a very dark place, and in that instance, it was actually really great. But I did actually feel a little bit bad because I called Abby out on her wanting to impress us and wanting to say the right thing a little bit, and I didn't want to contribute to the Abby hating train. They really don't think that she's a bad girl. And I do think that although she's very aggressive and she's very competitive, she is copying it way too much at the moment and people need to just back the hell off on social media. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think people need to remember that everything you say and write and do hurts people's feelings, and they read it. Abby will read everything like you read everything like I read everything.
Speaker 2: It goes to a real person, you know, you watch the TV and then you jump on their Instagram account and you leave a nasty comment. That nasty comment is actually read by that person and it will stick.
Speaker 1: It will stick to them for life, not a week, all the day, for life. So it really kind people. Be nice, Be a nice goddamn person, all right, I reckon. The people who are listening to this podcast are pretty nice. Do you know what I loved though, and Slash felt really awkward was the interrogation party, I mean dinner party.
Speaker 2: With Matt Like, so tell me how many eggs you have and when do you want to get pregnant? And what is your fertility schedule? Like what position are you going to do it in? How are you going to agree with this baby? Tell me everything right now? Come on, we didn't take it downe that path, please, But I did actually feel a bit sorry for Helena. It did turn into being not so much about like where everyone was heading with what they wanted in life, but it just turned into this big baby making And I do think that there was a little bit too much pressure put on that with having Snazana and me in the room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I feel like they should have had somebody that didn't have such a strong opinion, like I don't know.
Speaker 2: Me, but why didn't you get invited to that dinner party Britney because you'd been sitting there like Love's a fucking joke. Nice screws. I still love love. I would have Jed.
Speaker 1: I would have gone on there and said, do you know what, I went through so much turmoil and I still believe in love. So if he doesn't pick you, you can still go out there.
Speaker 2: And get it. That's such a lot you would have been in there trying to cut her grass some date astro about you yourself.
Speaker 1: I would have been like, can I just have a word please, Matt in the kitchen.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's move along. Oh my god, let's move along.
Speaker 1: So Emma and Matt had a single date and they had this other awkward chocolate liking afrodisiac in. I think they probably went and injected the oysters that Eleanor and Matt had done into the chocolate and then they ate it and linked it off each other's fingers, and.
Speaker 2: It was so much. It was so much, wasn't it. I just find this this season has been really sexual. Maybe they're trying to americanize this Bachelor because the American Bachelor's crazy sexual. But I'm sorry. Remember Emma's last date, it was also in each other much tongue in their kiss, Like they just kept feeding each other every date.
Speaker 1: They went through the strawberries, and they had the food tasting with old blindfolded, and now they're licking chocolate of each other. So there's something we're missing.
Speaker 2: Well, at least there's a common theme to their dates. But I am more I feel personally victimized by how much of Matt's tongue I have seen and I have seen more of Matt's tongue than I have seen of my own Matt's tongue in a very long time. No, it's just when you hear it, you can really hear the sound of them kissing. Well, you feel like the sound department should have done more to cover that up. Did you Have you not heard it? Have you not noticed? You will? Now? What do you think of their dates? I'm not feeling it. I think she's great, but she's not the one. No, he's gone through the motions. She's beautiful it at all. She's a babe. Yeah, but that doesn't have anything to do with the fact as to whether they have any chemistry or not. I was just in there. She really is so nice pretty. This is Britt trying to give like the compliments. Whenever she says anything that's negative, she's like, oh, but she's lovely. I have to balance it, you always do. I know. It's okay, you can bring the bitch. I can't. That's not in me.
Speaker 1: No, moving along, all right, Well that's why I'm here, Okay, So moving on to the cocktail party. They did this thing where they put a card out. It wasn't a date card, where there was two cards, right, Yeah, they put two cards out and they were like, hey, ladies, that was usher, ladies, Matt wants you to use your initiative.
Speaker 2: Oh she sounds very high pitched and sexy right now. Yeah, so the girls had to fight and go to Matt.
Speaker 1: Please don't talk like this same Okay, So anyway, the girls had to fight over it. So Sigan took one because she hadn't had much time feckle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they didn't even try and take that away from Cigan. She's really had no time since that first date. And even when I met her, she had said that they had a really intense first date and then nothing since. And I was like, girl, friend, you are on your way out. That happened on my episode. My serious.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Shannon got the first date and then that was it. She just didn't get time with him again.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna say it. Do you know what if you are on the Bachelor and you get first date, you're not going to win, you know, endgame? Am I going to bite my tongue on this because didn't Alex's nation get the first impressions? Rose, I'm just gonna shut up. I clearly don't know what I'm talking about I can't watch that.
Speaker 1: Well. Then Abby and Ellie sort of like fought over the card because Ellie said you really needed it. Abby pleaded her case and said she needed more time, which I don't understand because I feel like Abby has had more time than anybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I also think that Ellie's had a shit ton of time too. Why did China not get any time? That's a name but China? Okay, But my issue was is that we were watching Ellie and Abby fight over this card, both of them having the most time in the whole series. China was just sitting there being like, I want everyone to be friends because she's such a delight. Yeah, China is world peace. So she just stood aside. So Abby got it because she's far more competitive and she's far more brash. Okay, can we skip ahead to next episode because I have some strong feelings about But what do you think of Ellie talking smack about Abby?
Speaker 1: I just think it's there's nobody left on the bus anymore because they're all under it.
Speaker 2: Like it's so true, so everyone is just throwing each other.
Speaker 1: It's just like it's ridiculous. Now, girls, just keep it to yourself. And be there for you.
Speaker 2: Ellie has kind of character assassinated herself a little bit by doing that. She was so loved and she was such a sweetheart, and then the fact that she's gotten sucked into the drama and that she felt like she needed to take it upon herself to say something negative about Abby. It just doesn't reflect well on the messenger. Ever, And my other issue is that it wasn't like she sat there and said, hey, Matt, Abby's here for Instagram fame. That girl does not want you, she wants to be famous. She said, oh, I don't think she's ready. I don't think she's this. I don't think she has genuine intentions. That's just not good enough, because who are you to say that someone doesn't have genuine intentions. You've got to have some hardcore proof. Because then Matt was like, well, do you think you're ready? I know your your intentions genuine, and Ellie was like, yeah, I am. Just kind of seems like, you know, you're purposely dubbing someone in to better yourself. Doesn't seem like your intentions are right either.
Speaker 1: It just shows that frustrations are high in the house for everybody, and it is you you know, it's like a pressure boiler in there. It just builds and builds and eventually something happens. Okay, so you jumped ahead in that date, but Eleanor and Matt did have a single date that episode. And yeah, then when she freaked out, Yeah, she flew the coop. I know when I was like, goddamn it, girlfriend, I picked you for a reason.
Speaker 2: You just screwed it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she had to do a ten year plan and that was I don't know why that was so hard for her, actually, I mean, just put something down.
Speaker 2: A lot of these girls are also really young. Have you noticed, yes, does it make you feel really old? Well, I just I'm not.
Speaker 1: Convinced that at twenty three and twenty four you I shouldn't say you can be ready for sure, But in a show like this, the pressure is so high, the stress is so high. I'm not convinced that people have enough I guess life experience, or have experienced just enough love and heartbreak.
Speaker 2: And yeah, totally, I completely agree. And I know that there will be some people listening who are like, hey, I got married at twenty three, I have kids. I know that that happens too, and I know that there are outliers to everything that the median age for people getting married and having kids now a thirty one, so that's older too. Definitely sits outside that. And you know what, it is a really crazy world. Coming out of doing a reality TV show. You do get sort of thrust into the media, and you need to have a level of maturity to be able to cope with what that is, especially to be able to cope with that pressure on top of trying to have a relationship. It adds so many layers to the complexities of a relationship. And you're having all the normal problems that you would have in a relationship, but you're doing them in the public eye. So you do need to have a level of maturity to be able to get through that and to succeed. I think I concur thank you. Yeah, I'm speaking from experience because I'm so mature. Guys, Just in case you didn't know who she's also a liar? Yeah, thanks Britt. Do you know what I loved? And I think this is my favorite one. This is my favorite favorite group dates, my favorite group date drawing. I just really had an affinity for the drag queen who was like conducting the whole art thing. I thought she was amazing. I just would have forgotten the name, but she was amazing. I wouldn't know how to draw my inner drag queen. I was actually just really impressed by how good all the girls were at drawing. Did you see abbys? She definitely looked unhinged and like she was a bit psychotic and probably would stab you in your sleep. But I freaking loved it. I loved it, and I you know, I love Chelsea. My only concern with Chelsea at the moment is that I know that she's overcoming these hurdles from her past relationship. It's really endearing and I do think that it's really wonderful of her that she's being so open. However, I'm worried that if they keep hamming that edit, she's going to come across as looking like a bit of a broken bird, just broken, a bit too damaged and a bit too She needs a savior, and I think that she needs to be at a point where she's overcome those issues from her past relationships, not she's hoping to be rescued by Matt.
Speaker 1: This is why I think I can see her at the end, because they're.
Speaker 2: Really pushing this.
Speaker 1: I don't know if she's ready for a relationship. I don't know if she's passed the ex and I think they want us to really believe she's not. But then boom, she's going to be. That environment is going to get to everybody.
Speaker 2: I cried all the time. They never showed it. I cried. I cried all the freaking time. Did I tell you about the time that I got so drunk that I bawled my eyes out saying I'm an independent? Or did okay? Good? Because I still have flashbacks from that and it's hideous. Did I tell you about the one time I cried and it wasn't on camera that I cried and I ran away into the back garden. How did that not make it onto the bloody edit? Because I ran away?
Speaker 1: It was after hours, like filming head stopped. I just needed some time on my own. I'm so used to being on my own that this finally, the thirty people in this confined space.
Speaker 2: It cracked you. It cracked me.
Speaker 1: And I ran into the garden and I got a little blank and I tried to sleep outside and they.
Speaker 2: Couldn't find me. They're like Britney, Brittany and I didn't answer because I just thought, just let me just leave me alone, and they thought he'd done a full runner. So funny. I mean, like, look, it's a pressure cooker. You know that you're going to be emotionally stretched to your limits. That's exactly what they're trying to do. So then Ellie says she's going to speak to Matt first, but then Abby quickly steals him, drops in on Ellie. There's a bit of a kerfuffle, but then Abby is talking to Matt. Ellie comes up, I'm confused by what you're saying.
Speaker 1: I know, essentially essentially it's this convoluted Matt, Abby and Ellie saga.
Speaker 2: Well, it's the girl code, right, So the girls have obviously had a conversation before Matt got there about the order, and it's this arbitrary order that they've put together, which is sort of means that no one's going to be fighting and no one's going to be clambering over each other to get time with Matt. However, Abby once again does not give us shit about what's being prediscussed. She is there for Matt and she's going to do whatever she's got to do to get her man yep, and then a long story short goes home. I miss China already by China. I'm really worried about Ellie. She did the wrong thing by throwing Abby under the bus, even though even though Abby was the one who started this. Do we all not remember going back to like the third episode where Abby was the one who was bitching about Monique. And now all of a sudden, Matt's like, oh, but no one can bitch about Abby. But Abby can do whatever she wants. Yeah, he's under her spell, for it really is our Astrobatch is thinking, I mean she's rocket, Yeah, she's beautiful. He's got a rocket. The rocket needs attention. The rocket probably does need some attention. They've probably been that house for a while now.
Speaker 1: Grass is always Greener syndrome when it's broken right down, peeled right back, and exposed in all its glory.
Speaker 2: The grass is Greener syndrome really is just an unfortunate byproduct of self doubt. And in a time when everyone's lives are on.
Speaker 1: Full display on social media, people are showcasing their highlight reels every single aspect of their life, their jobs, their relationships, it's normal to be comparing each other and it's understandable in this day and age that this syndrome is pretty damn common.
Speaker 2: Laura, what do you reckon? Well, my question is to what extent is it normal? Because it's okay at some point to be like, oh, like that person's in Europe and I'm sitting at my computer dis this fricking sucks. But what if you're doing that day in day out and you're never at a point where you're happy with what you have because you're always thinking maybe there's something better than this. I'm saying, I think it's normal for us all to experience at some point, but it's how we deal with it and whether you overcome that and don't let it consume your life. Yeah, And I think that some people have this constant lingering, this constant doubt, where you know they might be in a relationship and that relationship could be great. Like really, the person that you're with, they tick all the boxes, they treat you well, they are essentially providing you with a happy and positive framework for a great relationship. But you're too busy thinking maybe there's something better out there, or maybe the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. Then actually focusing on what you have in front of yourself and nurturing the relationship that you currently have.
Speaker 1: There's the same that I really love and that is comparison is the thief of joy. Yes, it couldn't be more true, because these comparisons, they lead to judgment and prejudice, fear, envy, pride, in security, all these evil, negative things, toxic things that we let into our life. And it's all because we sit there and compare our life to somebody else's instead of just looking at ourselves and what we have and being happy and content. And I think content is a keyword.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. We're so obsessed with this concept of happiness, like we want to be happy. Happy is the end goal. Happiness is something that really consumes especially on social media. However, I think happiness has a lot to do with your external circumstances, and a lot of us say things like I'll be happy when I graduate, I'll be happy when I get a boyfriend, I'll be happy when my boyfriend proposes to me, I'll be happy when I have a baby. So all of these things are projecting happiness in the future, but none of it's to about what that happiness is right now. So the issue with that that I have is we should be focusing more on this concept of contentment. Whatever it is that you have right now is what you need to be able to find your happiness in, because right now is the only thing that you have control over. Do you know, Earl Nightingale, No, I don't, Brittany, tell me more about it. It was just really popular.
Speaker 1: He was an author and a really popular radio host back in the fifties and the sixties. And he says that the mind is lack soil, so it's going to return to us what we plant. And if you everyone just think about that for a second, the mind is like soil, it will return to us what we plant. So it's how it's saying how we landscape our own gardens, how we tend to our own back.
Speaker 2: I like this, you're using the grass as greener, and then the euphemisms that go with this.
Speaker 1: Good goehu of your appreciation thing. Yes, but back to my landscaping. It's how you landscape your own backyard and your own grass and how you water that, and that's what you're going to get in return. So it's saying water your own soul, land escape your own body.
Speaker 2: So instead of seeking to migrate to better past, as you might say, oh my god, I need to stop now that was too far, what you need to do is water your own field. But yeah, it's so true. Like if you spend so much time projecting what you wish you had because you're looking at other people's relationships, then that's time away from actually sitting down with your partner and saying, hey, do you know what, I'm not one hundred percent happy with these things. Let's work on that. Let's talk about how we can make that better. I'm actually going to say something here. I am going to eat me with it, but I'm going to.
Speaker 1: Admit that as a longtime single woman, I have been in the position where I have looked at other couples on Instagram and thought I wish I had that, even though I have a fantastic life myself, and I've been jealous of that and envious of that. And you and Matt, you are this sort of relationship goals on Instagram. A lot of people I think look up to you guys as this perfect relationship. You had this fairy tale ending. Now you had this amazing engagement, and you've had a baby, and you look both eleven out of tens.
Speaker 2: I feel like, come here just so that I can get our self confidence booskuys. What else wants to start into and tell me how great I am? Please do? Because I haven't showered today, so I feel like I need it in my life in all seriousness?
Speaker 1: Does that put pressure on you? Or what do you think about that when people are constantly comparing themselves to you?
Speaker 2: Guys, it's not pressure because I know that it's not real, Like I guess. The thing that when you say that makes me feel guilty is that we do post our highlight reels. We do post the best bits about our relationship. And I would hate for someone else to look at our relationship and go, I want what they have and not focus on what they personally have at that point in time. Because as much as I love my relationship with Matt, and we are as close to being constant happiness that I've ever had in a relationship. But that's not to say that we don't fight, and it's not to say that we don't have our shitty bits. We just don't put those bits on Instagram. We fight about stuff exactly. Why would you the fact that the nursery has just turned into a complete dumping for all Matt stuff and has been like that for three weeks, and we constantly bicker about it. I saw it last night. It is true. Baby in there. It's like a tip. I'm pretty sure Mally's been under it for three weeks. We haven't seen her. We thought she moved out, but honestly, you know, that's the sort of stuff. I'm not going to share that with everyone except for on a podcast because no one cares.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is where I think you're wrong. I think people now want to relate to this. I think we're as a society. We're moving in this direction where people want to know other people are going through shitty times too, and there is starting to be this movement on being a bit more real.
Speaker 2: And I agree with that, and I do think that we are quite authentic in our social media. But when it comes to relationships, I guess my reasoning when I say we only post the highlight reel is because if you're bickering, it's not really something that you're going to then go and put on social media purely because that's undermining of your partner. I'm never going to put on social media. Hey guess what today Matt and I had an argument about something that's trivial and arbitrary and in a couple of hours will be over it. But that's not to say that we live in this fake, pseudo bubble. Yeah, glossy filtered life. Yes, we get to do a lot of wonderful things together and we are very happy and we are very content. But we have our moments as well, just like every relationship is, because nothing in life is perfect. And just like you had a really good quote, I have one too. I'm gonna say the quote wrong, and I did write it down because I remember this, like, perfection is the enemy of good. If you have something that is good, or you have something that is great, trying to make it perfect is going to be the undoing of that. It's like when you see people who get way too much plastic surgery done and you're like, damn, you are really hot to start with, and you ruin that, Yeah, because you want it to be perfect. Well, that's a good quote. I'm glad you brought that to the table. Think you can have that. Actually, glad you brought that to the pasture. Oh my gosh, did it make it any greener. Something that we need to sit back and pay attention to as well, is this grass is greener. This mindset it comes from jealousy as well, and you need to check yourself because that is just such a negative headspace to get into. It's about a change in mindset, absolutely definitely about being comfortable with who you are, about aligning yourself with some sort of higher purpose, whether that's spirituality or whether that's just having things that are outside your relationship that give you purpose as well, because at the end of the day, a relationship is not a guarantee. You know, we're gonna get married and we're gonna have another baby. Even if we do all those things, there is no guarantee that in ten or fifteen years time we're still going to be together because you cannot control another person. Like if that was my choice, absolutely we would be. But I can't control Matt, and I don't know one hundred percent without doubt that that will be our story. Because a relationship is never, ever, ever a guarantee. So you need to be happy in yourself.
Speaker 1: Also need to understand why you're having these thoughts. If you genuinely are wishing you were somewhere else with someone else doing something else.
Speaker 2: Make that happen.
Speaker 1: If you know in your heart that you should be learning Italian in Italy, go and do it.
Speaker 2: Do you not think that that mentality then feeds this grass is greener syndrome because it's easier to say to someone, oh, if you want to go learn Italian Italy go. People have family, they have commitments. There are things in life that keep you grounded and keep you here that mean that you don't have that sort of flexibility to run and that freedom too. Well, this is what I mean.
Speaker 1: You need to figure when I say figure out why you're wishing you with somewhere else. If it's because you've got four kids, well of course you're not going to You're only wishing you were there, not because you actually want to learn Italian, but because you don't want to be where you are.
Speaker 2: A bit of escapism. I also think that we can fall prey to great marketing as well, oh one hundred percent. Like we said, with social media, we're constantly seeing the highlights reel. We're constantly seeing what you could have and how wonderful your life could be because we're being sold something. And then you think about like online dating as well as another completely separate thing is that you might start dating someone, but then you can always back in and see who else is there, who else is available, what else is better? And that's this fear of missing out almost somo. It's a thing. Yeah, this fear of missing out that then contributes to this grass is greener. Yeah, there's always something better. Yeah, and I actually get really bad fomo with food. Have you ever had that? You know, you were eating some tasty looking sushi earlier before I offered it to you. I know, I have to stop myself. I do think that it's normal to think from time to time, you know, what if I had something better, and to question that. I don't think that it's abnormal to have those thoughts. However, if those thoughts become daily and become debilitating, then you either need to do one of two things. You need to stop and think, Okay, is this actually my relationship and there is something fundamentally wrong here. Maybe that's because you're fighting or you're bickering, sure, or if those things don't exist, and it is just this feeling of like maybe I can get something better, then that issue doesn't lie in your relationship. That issue lies in you and you need to do some self discovery and you need to workshop why you have this feeling that you always want something better than you have because you'll never be happy.
Speaker 1: And stop comparing yourself because comparisons all I do is show us that we're not accepting of ourselves. So know that you are enough, ease, enough than cheeser.
Speaker 2: Now it is time for our favorite part of the episode. It really is my favorite part of the episode. What's called ask uncut. Were we supposed to do that together? We never do. We never do. So we've had some people write in ask questions. Usually these are relationship questions, and we are going to give our very unqualified advice. Britt have you picked some questions for us today? Sure have, and it's a good ear. Come at me, Hi, ladies.
Speaker 1: Thoughts on scheduling sex post babies. We're really struggling to keep the intimacy alive and we're thinking of trying to schedule it to see if logistically this is easier.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I love this question. Yes, schedule sex so fine.
Speaker 1: At the start when I read this, I was like, no, it takes all the romance out of it and then when I thought it through, legit, it makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: You don't have a baby if you have things that are commitments that are outside of your control, i e. Getting up five times a night because you have a crying baby. You need to schedule these things because it becomes too hard. You'll just not do it if you don't.
Speaker 1: And maybe you don't schedule it, like at five forty five on a second Sunday, we're doing it. Maybe you schedule it like, hey, let's just try and get a sitter for this night, and then you know you're gonna have a great dinner, a few venos, and you're gonna get freaky.
Speaker 2: Why does it have to be such an issue? Like why does that have to be taken as a negative? If you have to do that in your relationship, Matt, No, I have to do it now. We don't have time to have sex, WILLI nearly? When do you schedule it? Well, Brittany, straight after the podcast, that's how we celebrate Bachelor Night. No stop it Wednesday's Thursdays.
Speaker 1: No, but everybody don't contact these guys on a Wednesday and Thursday night.
Speaker 2: My phone's on aeroplane mode and I would hate to think that that's a negative reflection on our relationship, that that that then means that we're not spontaneou and exciting like we love each other. Yes, sometimes we have to schedule sex so that we're still having it because we want to and we're excited about it, but unfortunately we have real lives that we have to try and mesh everything together. Yeah, so I'm gonna I'm gonna sit here and say to this person who has written in there is no shame in having to schedule sex so long as you were still making it a priority and you're still both enjoying it and you're still both loving each other. Go, you do what is good for you girlfriend. Yeah, I think schedule.
Speaker 1: It for sure, but still keep it exciting just because it's scheduled like anal whoa. No, I just meant like maybe doing a different place or or positioned whole position, but not necessarily different orifice.
Speaker 2: I really hope that that was helpful. So let's go on to question number two. You never asking you a question again? Well you are, because we've got a second question of s let's come back. Come question two.
Speaker 1: How do you deal with anxiety? I've been che in the past and now I have trust issues. I love and trust my current partner so much, but I just can't help my anxiety making me second guess everything he does. He has given me absolutely no reason to fear the worst, but I still do.
Speaker 2: Oh Okay, this issue obviously, and you know this does not lie in your partner. This issue lies in you, and this is something that you are going to have to overcome, and it is unfair of you to put that pressure on your partner. Of course, you need to communicate why, and you need to be very open with the reasons that you feel this way. But maybe it would be of benefit to you if you go and speak to someone outside of your relationship, like go and speak to a counselor, or go and speak to a therapist, and work through the things that are making you project past relationships onto your current relationship.
Speaker 1: I spoke about this exact thing with a girlfriend today. She said this, she's in a new relationship and she had a shitty past relationship. And I said, I'm actually doing this question on the podcast tonight.
Speaker 2: But I said to her, what else say to you?
Speaker 1: And that is all that is doing, is putting negativity and toxicity into your current relationship. The fact of the matter is, if you cannot trust your current partner, you probably shouldn't be with him. And if you're going to waste all your time and energy worrying that he might do something is going to ruin every other aspect of your day and your relationship.
Speaker 2: But what she's saying is that it's not that she doesn't trust her current partner. She does trust him, and he's done nothing to make her feel like he's going to do the wrong thing, But she inherently has been damaged from a past relationship and she needs to work to overcome that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she says, that's why she's second guessing everything with him.
Speaker 2: But do you know what, I totally understand this. Like, I've came out of a really bad relationship a few years back before I met Matt where so did you, Britt, You know where I was cheated on and I was lied to to a point where, quite seriously, this guy could have told me that the table was brown and the we're sitting in front of this white Not that you guys can see it, but like he just was believe so good at lying and lying, lying, lying that it just made me fundamentally not believe anything I didn't know. I didn't know right from wrong, up from down, and I took a lot of that into my relationship with Matt at the start. But Matt was so good at proving to me and consistently showing me that I had nothing to worry about that over time that feeling did dissipate. So maybe it is a situation as well for you, where the more that your partner reassures you that they love you, the more that your partner proves to you that they are not doing anything to make you question that they are unfaithful, the more that your trust will be rebuilt, and the more that you will be able to grow and overcome this together.
Speaker 1: I agree with this too, but there's part of me that there's part of me that disagrees. If your partner has to constantly prove himself to you for no reason and when he's not doing anything wrong, it's going within on him very fast. He eventually is going to say, we're not having this conversation again. I haven't done anything wrong.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: If you're constantly saying, proved to me, I need your reassurance, he's going to get over it.
Speaker 2: No, But I don't mean prove to you in like, ah, you need to go through my text messages or anything like that. I just mean like in daily actions that they're not doing anything that would make you second guess. So better to work on that relationship now while you're in it than to be like cool, I'm out, I need to go do some self discovery.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just have the conversation with him as well. Tell him how you feeling. I am going to assume if you love each other, he will reassure you and you can have this really honest conversation. But I just think you, like you said, you need to go and work on yourself, whether that is speaking to somebody a friend, therapist, counselor whatever. But I don't think you can constantly put it on your partner.
Speaker 2: So guys, if you want to have us answer your questions next week in Ask Uncut, please slide on into our dms on Instagram at Life Uncut and we will do our best to agree on something and give you some sort of answers to your.
Speaker 1: Questions at Life fun Cut Podcast. Well I like that, do that again at Life fun Cut Podcast.
Speaker 2: All right, he then give me your suck and your sweet Brittany. We finish every single episode with our highlights and our low lights from the week. So, Brett, I want to know how's your week been. Give me your highlight and your low light.
Speaker 1: I have a real banger for my suck this week. So my girlfriend Renee really ruined something for me. I don't know if you've seen the show Younger. I haven't seen the show, Hilary Duff. Is it a recommendation? Should we watch this? I just binge watched six seasons. Everyone, this is my recommendation. I loved it so easy to watch perfect.
Speaker 2: I need this. I need some more Netflix my life.
Speaker 1: So my Suck is the main character Josh. His real name is Nico Tortorella or something like that. Have you been stalking this guy, Brittany potentially low key?
Speaker 2: Yes? Sure, so he has been my hall pass. Now I don't know. I wanted to have a hall pass because I'm single. I wonder if he's just a pass. It's just I wonder if he listens to the podcast, which I'm sure he doesn't, but if he does, britt is thirsty. No, this is the suck.
Speaker 1: I was telling her how in love I was with this guy. On Younger and she said, oh my god, you don't know, do you. I was like, no, what she pulls him up. He is gay, which is, you know, cool, but sucks for me. But he's also like really extreme dresses as a woman. And you just never ever would have known this from his character. His character is so sexy and straight and I just can't. I will never be able to dream the same again.
Speaker 2: Now. So that was my sock. I love it when people play against their stereotypes. That's great. Good for him, you need to let him up. Sucks for you that he's definitely not going to be interested in you. But I mean I think that this is bloody wonderful.
Speaker 1: You need to look it up. And actually I have a picture of him right here. Yeah, I look at that.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, he is a sexy man. Holy Doolly. Okay, so you're up your suck for this week? Is that your cool pass? Not even your hall pass? That some guy who's on a TV show who you've never met is gay and is not interested in you and doesn't know that you exist? Correct, don't judge me. Moving on, Okay, I'm not judging you. I'm just that was that upset you? So much. That affected your week so much that that is your suck. I'm still really raw. Okay, well then what was your sweet? Let's hope that some other hypothetical, non existent character finds you attractive.
Speaker 1: My suite was in a supermarket line and there was this really really cute old man in front of me. He must have been I thought you were able to say a cute guy, and I was like, Britney, this cannot just be about the men that you want to date.
Speaker 2: He was about ninety. He was trying to buy these groceries.
Speaker 1: And he went to pay his with his f POS card and he couldn't even put the numbers in to peanut and it was incorrect. Then the line behind behind me starts to build. There's about twenty people in the line now, and the woman's like, oh, decline. Do you want to try again? So he tried again and it wouldn't declined again, So she said, oh, do you want to go and get some cash out and you can leave your bag here, And he opened his wallet and there was one five dollar note in it, and he obviously had no money in his bank because he said with his head down, he said, oh no, just just don't worry and started to walk out of the shop. And it broke my heart. And I said, just stop, come back. I said, I've got it all. I've got his groceries. And he tried to give me his five dollars and I said, you just go and have a great day, and I've got you covered because I just I had just thought, if this was my parents or my grandparents, I hope to god somebody would have bought that the groceries for them so they could go home and eat.
Speaker 2: Oh that's just kills me that it was sort.
Speaker 1: Of my suck because it broke for him. But it made me really happy to know that I had just gone and.
Speaker 2: Done my thing. Well that's your good bit, for the.
Speaker 1: Way, it was my good bit, but god, my heart broke. So if everyone's listening, I urge you go and do something good for someone.
Speaker 2: Buy them a cup of coffee. You're a goddamn saint, Brittany. Anyway, what's yours? Look at you? Oh? Well, mine are very trivial in comparison. Well, your first one was pretty trivial. The second one was like, godly suck. First, go here, I have a blind and pimple. Oh okay, and you sweet, it's a really big one. It's on my chin and it really really hurts. I can't it's because it's blind, Brittany, Oh, it's blind. It's so sore. Okay, So that's my suck and my sweet is this is also very trivial. I made a freaking amazing beef stur fry this week. It was so great master chef level no, but I suck at cooking, so it was very good for me, and I've been dreaming about it all week. That's my like, you know, when you make something so good that you crave every meal after that. That was my sweet. Guys, once you have a baby, what gets you going changes drastically. Yes, it is blind pimples and beef sturf because now Laura is dreaming about hersterf right. Well, anyway, it's sorry, guys, I had to put you through all that solid chat. We've both had pretty good weeks. Guys. If you have loved this podcast, which obviously you have because you made it this far that or maybe it was just going on in the background and you're like, wait, those girls are still freaking talking.
Speaker 1: Please subscribe, hit five stars and live a review.
Speaker 2: It's really because.
Speaker 1: We're such a little independent podcast, and that is what helps people to find us.
Speaker 2: So spread the goddamn love and tell a friend, because we love love