Speaker 1: Looka Matt a cat and may mate.
Speaker 2: Hi guys, and welcome back to another episode of Batch Uncut, which is part of Life Uncut, except for it's not here, and it's Maddie Jay once again. Because for some reason, you guys keep saying that you think he's funny, and then he has a very inflated sense of his own ego and he keeps on coming back.
Speaker 3: I don't get any of these compliments. They're all being funneled towards you. You're hogging everything.
Speaker 2: Okay, every time we do these records every week, Matt's like, you hugged the Marc again. That's the fight we have.
Speaker 3: You said you wouldn't bring that up on.
Speaker 2: I have a bone I want to pick with you, actually, and I've been saving this.
Speaker 3: He said a boner.
Speaker 2: I was like, wow, I'll get a start with the sexual and.
Speaker 3: Should I bend over now when the podcast is finished? Bone? Don't pick away? Where do you want me?
Speaker 2: Okay? I want to talk to you about something that you started doing every night and it's very annoying.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. I try and have sex with you once in a while, all right, you don't do that every night? Use me for trying to get some love and once in a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been a long and lonely lockdown. No, the thing I want to talk to you about, and it's something that I had really genuinely thought that I knew all of your bad habits now. I thought that we'd gone past the point where, like, you know, you leave the cover doors open, your fart around the house, you leave your underwear and your pants on the floor. Like we've talked about all these things.
Speaker 3: Hey, tell me what you really think.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about your breathing?
Speaker 3: What what do you mean?
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 2: I don't know, guys, I know that there's going to be some of you who are listening to theirs who you're not a cuddler and maybe your partner's like a real cuddler. So Matt's cuddler at nighttime and I'm less of a cudlor. I still like a cuddle. Don't get me wrong. I'm here for and you know every s often I want to feel loved. But Matt has recently started mouth breathing on me whilst he's cuddling at night time.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm so sorry. Who do I think? I am trying to breathe at nighttime as I embrace my partner. I mean, I apologize that. You know, it's despicable the conditions that you have to live under.
Speaker 2: I know, I agree, but it's like this, And actually sometimes sometimes it's like this. Sometimes it sounds like he's playing tennis and he goes and I'm really sorry if you have issues with ASMR, because that's going to make you feel wildly uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Look, okay, I admit that has been something that's crept up and is a habit that has now become quite regular.
Speaker 2: You can't blame me for telling you that you should stop breathing in the middle of the night.
Speaker 3: What I find frustrating is that I've always been quite proud of the fact that I'm a good person and to sleep with.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he's a really good ladies modest too.
Speaker 3: Like I remember in the past, whenever you would wake me up and say you're snoring, instantly, I would be like, no, I'm not, I don't know what you're talking about. I would have strict denial.
Speaker 2: Wait, so what you're saying is that you gaslight me. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The other thing that I do as well when I'm sleeping is that I like to lay on my stomach and have my elbows out to the side, so I kind of rest my head on my hands. And so as I get older, I now realize that my sleeping habits are getting worse and worse and worse.
Speaker 2: When you say that, Matt, Kay, When Matt says he likes to lay with his elbows out, what he actually failed to mention then is that every swarf and he has a spasm and just smacks me in the head. That's the other part. Also the fact that he likes to breathe out of his backs on. At the same time, there's a lot going on. Who Okay, I feel like we've talked enough about it our bedroom antics. I'm yours specifically, I'm.
Speaker 3: So sorry that you're so perfect and I'm just this absolute mess of a man to be that in the heavenics.
Speaker 2: I will forgive you. Thank you. I feel validated now. Anyway, you come here not to listen to us five. You come here to fifty percent listen to ask bicker, but also to listen to us unpack what has been happening on the last two episodes of The Bachelor.
Speaker 3: Question.
Speaker 2: Can we have a show of hands as to who is still watching.
Speaker 3: Anyone out there, Hello, just us And a few times I've spoken to people and said, hey, are you watching the Bachelor, And the consistent answer is like, nah, not right now.
Speaker 2: There's been a few people who have messaged to say that they haven't watched the show, but they are listening to the recaps, and this is how they're keeping up to date. So I'm glad that we can bring you a bit of the information. And just so you know, every single thing that we tell you on this podcast is one hundred percent accurate. We don't embellish anything.
Speaker 3: Nothing at all. Hey, for the record, I am enjoying this season. I'm into it.
Speaker 2: I am so enjoying it, and I know that that seems to be going against the common thread, but I also think it's because I enjoyed doing these recaps much.
Speaker 3: All Right, I know that we paid out a lot, but for the record, I'm really enjoying the season.
Speaker 2: I am beyond invested. I can't wait for Holly to win. All right, let's hit the ground running. Let's do episode thirteen.
Speaker 3: It's a matin.
Speaker 2: I don't know is fourteen. It can't be fourteen? Where it is on uneven numbers.
Speaker 3: We don't know what episode it is, but Brooks had a single date sec date with Brooke. Let's go, so.
Speaker 2: Brokie gets the single date on this episode. And that is something we already know if you listen to the last episode or the last recap, because Brookie told everyone that it was happening, and once again there is no date card.
Speaker 3: I believe she said in the last episode, this is mine, bitchez, you're all going home because I'm gonna win this motherfucking competition.
Speaker 2: So they get to the top of this building in the middle of the city of Sydney, so so high, so very high, and they're doing a dangerous activity, which is why they have to have protective gear on.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize that I'd have to wear this sort of heavy harness during pilates, just.
Speaker 3: In the corner setting up a sex wing.
Speaker 2: Okay, so then they have to do pilates, which I mean, I feel sorry for Jimmy because because pilates sucks.
Speaker 3: I don't know any guys out there who enjoy doing polarates, even if it's like two hundred meters above the city.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you're implying that Jimmy didn't organize this date then if you feel sorry for him, which are you telling me that the Bachelor doesn't organize the dates?
Speaker 3: I reckon At the start of the season, they would have said, hey, Jimmy, so there's this Pilates date we'll do up this building. And Jimmy's like, heyeah, we'll do that next week, next week, next week. And now it's a last date, and they're like, Jimmy, you have to do this Pilaratees date. And he's like, oh shit.
Speaker 2: And in true kinky captain form, there was a lot of sexual innuendos that were at play here.
Speaker 3: That's actually a good stretch. It's good for you as well.
Speaker 2: Not only was there lots of sexual innuendos, there was also lots of very audible kissing. I think if there's one rule in The Bachelor, it's that you're try and not make the noise with your mouth.
Speaker 3: To be fair, I don't think this was Jimmy. I think this was Brooks to.
Speaker 2: Hold her back. I just want to put in here for everyone. If you get really triggered by listening to people eat and they're gonna eat each other's faces, I just want you to skip ahead a little while or don't and really feel immersed inside their mouths.
Speaker 3: But if you like ASMR, enjoy this. Turn the volume right up and just enjoy every second. It's good to see a bit of tongue on the batch, don't you think.
Speaker 2: I remember you saying and giving advice to Locke, saying that the one thing you shouldn't do is kiss with an open mouth. Unfortunately for Lockie it looked like he was kissing his grandma the entire time was only ever kissed closed mouth, And then he had you to blame for it. What was your tactic? I remember our single date, and I remember there was a lot of side tongue, and it just was like too much to look at.
Speaker 3: What as if I was giving you side tongue.
Speaker 2: I don't mean you were giving me side. You went like licking me the side of my tongue. It was the camera was on the side, and therefore the part of my tongue you could see was the so.
Speaker 3: I gave you like a little like a rationed amount of tongue.
Speaker 2: It was just the tip.
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 3: It was just I'd always leave you wanting more.
Speaker 2: Look, and here we are with the mouth breathing, so Brook goes from being a top of this very high mountain doing about five minutes of pilates. Did Jimmy wanting to share a little bit of Melbourne with her? This one's very Melbourne. It's so Melbourne.
Speaker 3: So I wonder if they're gonna be locked inside Jimmy's house the next two months.
Speaker 2: They're only allowed out for one hour exercise to day and everyone has to wear a mask. Okay, welcome to Melbourne. We know that that is going to be really upsetting for some Melbourne listeners. We're joking, we're in Sydney, We're in the same boat now, and yeah, it sucks. It sucks for everybody.
Speaker 3: Okay, So they're gonna do a Melbourne themed date? Are we thinking maybe trams?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I'm thinking they're gonna sit outside in the rain.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Oh and maybe watch AFL.
Speaker 2: Oh I love AFL. What else could they do? Maybe they'll get a coffee? Do you know what I reckon? They're gonna get a coffee? Do you think do you think Starbucks might be a sponsor of this episode?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Let's have a listen.
Speaker 2: Coffee.
Speaker 4: I love coffee, coffee, coffee. I can definitely start seeing where things are going, especially with you know how he's going with the coffee.
Speaker 2: I actually have nothing to add to this part of the date, like nothing at all. It was such a filler part of a date. And I get that they needed to kind of like bring in the sponsors. I know it's very important. They were running out of money. We've been saying this on every other episode. They were like, we just need a cash injection. Starbucks came to the rescue. Now at least we're going to have a finale. They couldn't get to hometowns without this part of the date. Guys, but it was a bit weird, and I think everybody watching. I know there was a lot of people in the Facebook discussion group who were like, this is hardly subtle advertising. And I think if I was Brooke, I think I'd be a little bit pissed that my entire date became a branded exercise.
Speaker 3: For the record, Starbucks coffee very delicious.
Speaker 2: It's actually really nice. This episode is brought to you by Starbucks. So that part of the date ends very quickly. Jimmy and Brooke, our captain Kinking and Brooke go to have their intimacy time and what do you think they do whilst having their intimacy time.
Speaker 3: Well, they've just drunk their body weight worth in coffee, so surely they couldn't have more coffee. I don't know about you, but I could go another coffee. Poor Brook is having heart palpitations right now. She's sweating bullets with anxiety.
Speaker 2: I actually felt sorry for this is why she started naddling her mouth off and she's like, oh, I've got codependency issues. She's having an anxiety at Tag. The poor thing just done a triple dump of Express.
Speaker 3: And Jimmy's there racking up crushed coffee beans. So Brooke, do you want one? Or I have one?
Speaker 2: Go On, have a shot, go on, have a shot. It'll feel good. Oh god. But you know what, this is the time when Brook opens up and one of the things I couldn't get past in this conversation. And I know Brook, she's got a very sweet way that she talks, but during this intimacy scene, it goes to a whole other level. It's like when Osha in the last episode was like loos Brook really takes on this like new tone to her voice, and she's talking like she's a meditation coad. She's like, I'm a relationship girl and I can see him in my future and I love pilates and coffee animals.
Speaker 3: Do you think that she was so hyped up on coffee that they had to bring it back down by giving a valiant just to equal her out.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but I really feel sorry for Brooke. I mean, we touched on in the last episode. I think that she has come back into this environment with such an inflated sense of what their relationship is. And I don't necessarily blame her. I think being in the outside world. I think seeing what's been happening, seeing the pap shots, which she brings up with Jimmy. She talks about Lily's pap shots, and she really kind of puts Jimmy in a situation where he has to reassure her. He has to make her feel like, you know, what's happening with the other girls is not as important. And I do think that maybe the reason why she's feeling this level of confidence is because he has done some reassuring on the outside world, maybe done a little bit too much reassuring We're never gonna know.
Speaker 3: We'll never know, well, like, okay, obviously, when you're dealing with any type of trauma, that person who's going to help you through that, you're going to build a really strong connection with. And you know, we don't know if Jimmy called her once or called her a hundred times. We're not sure. I mean, I do think that Jimmy would have been really respectful, so I'd like to think that he didn't lead her down the garden path. But I think it's also worth noting that the pap shots that she's talking about, I mean, for anyone who hasn't seen them, if you cast your memories back to the single date with Lily and Jimmy, they're on the beach and she's straddling him and they're kissing, like, I don't think they're that bad. Like if she was topless, I think, hey, now you've got someone to answer for, Jimmy.
Speaker 2: But it also wouldn't be on primetime television, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: It's a damn shame, But don't I don't think he really had to justify what he was doing with Lily, Like they were just hugging and kissing. I think that's pretty stock standard.
Speaker 2: No, I agree, And I also think that, like obviously Brooke really needed that reassurance. And one of the things that what you just touched on when you said that maybe because she's been through this traumatic experience. She's just lost her granddad, and she's made this huge sacrifice to leave her family when they're in this state of mourning to come and pursue this man. So she probably feels like she has so much more writing on the experience than what the other girls do, and she probably feels like she's had that reassurance from him and in her mind, And I think any of us would think this if you've just had someone in your life die and then the guy that you were seeing on a reality TV show is like, I really want you to come back. Let's assume he said that. We don't know for sure, we have no idea, but if he did say that, I would think he wanted me to come back because it was going to be me.
Speaker 3: He wants to marry me totally.
Speaker 2: That would be my assumption. And of course, like we said, all of these things are assumptions. But I feel sorry for Brooks. I think that she went from being this sweet, really endearing, like just gonna say character because obviously, like she's not a character, she's a real human. But her characterization on the show to coming back and being like slapped with this villainous edit, And I just don't think she's villainous. I don't think that she is the stage five crazy clinger that she's been made out to be. I just think that maybe she's feeling a little bit damaged at the moment.
Speaker 3: She's just drunk eight liters of coffee. I mean, the poor girl. Anybody who drinks that much is going to go a little bit crazy.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get into the group a date. The group date, it was another fucking weird one.
Speaker 3: Let's be true. It was a little bit woo woo.
Speaker 2: It was a bit woo woo.
Speaker 3: Also, when I say a little bit woo woo, I mean it was fucking woo woo.
Speaker 2: What would you do if someone was trying to analyze your personality based on your face, Like, what would be your reaction to that?
Speaker 3: Oh God, I'd be like, hopefully a big nose counts for something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what they say about a big nose, buddy.
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 2: You can smell things real? Alright, So if you missed the group day, I.
Speaker 3: Was so surprised you didn't go on throwing a sexual innuendo right then and there?
Speaker 2: What do you mean? I was, Yeah, look, I was trying, who are you, Laura? You've had a highbrow, big nose, big schlong. Was just a real easy one, wasn't it. It was too It was just too simple. Sure, I'm better than that. I've surprised myself. All right, So this group date, what they did on this group date, and I want to tell you about a story that happened on our group date, because you know, I like to relate everything back to us. This group date, they had a facial recognition expert, and what she wanted to do. Her name was Marie, and what she did was she would look at their faces and then try and discover what characteristics they had about their personality. Now, Marie, I am going to bet my hard earned money and my children that she is an actress and that she actually has no skills in reading people's facial expressions.
Speaker 3: Is it a thing? I mean like other people.
Speaker 2: It's not a university degree. Let's be real. I think you can get maybe a short course in nimbon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, very credible.
Speaker 2: It's okay, what happened on our season and if you guys can cast your memories back, if you watched our season. One of our single dates, we had to sit down with somebody who was a fortune teller. Is that we call them a psychic psychic. We sat down with the psychic and she talked about all the different issues or things that we might face in the future, and she really played into some of the insecurities that I had verbalized to production and also that Matt had verbalized to production.
Speaker 3: So do you remember what her prediction was for us as a couple. It wasn't good, was it? Mate?
Speaker 2: It wasn't two kids living in a two better and Bondaie, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: I mean, isn't it great how things just turned out for the best? Bad breath, come in your waist.
Speaker 2: It's feel a warm, hot air in future. So she said some really negative things. And the reason why she said that is because they still really wanted me to open up at that point in time, and up until Lockie season, I genuinely believed that she was a psychic, that they hired a psychic. Anyway, our bloody psychic ended up on Lockie season. But now she'd done a new course. She was a relationship expert and it was the same actress, and I felt like everything I knew to be true in the world had been shook to its core. So I'm going to say that I think Marie is an actress. I think she has just she's got a cameo. She's on there for the one episode, and we might see you're back in season nine.
Speaker 3: I really hope that our sidekick comes back for Brooks season. I'm like, what's she going to be next window cleaner? What do we got? She's going to be driving the limos of the guy hasing girls up to see brook.
Speaker 2: So with this group date, there were some very interesting things that Marie pointed out about the girls and about their relationships. Because you have such a sensitive chin. So the thing that's like just screaming at me is your two foreheads. The last thing that anybody ever wants to hear is that their forehead is screaming at you. Hey, that's the five head. Poor Ashes now wildly insecure about the size of a forehead.
Speaker 3: She sat down and she's like, holy shit, that is a forehead and a half. Oh, poor Ash.
Speaker 2: She's like, you're really strong headed. I don't think you had a goal with that what what did you say head? A goal would have in your head, but a ball into the I don't want a sport from who knows you can give great head with that. So Lily has a sensitive chin, which obviously means that she's sensitive. Ash has a great, big forehead. Poor Ash. I don't know what that bit about her personality.
Speaker 3: Credit to the girls. I don't know if production were like, hey, we know this is all a little bit. You know, how do we say woo? But just roll with it. But I love how all the girls, regardless of what we said about them, they were like, oh my god, she's so great, She's amazing.
Speaker 2: I just want to say, firstly, man and I do not think that Ash has a big forehead. I just want to say that before somebody comes to me and says Ash she's beautiful. We agree, she's beautiful.
Speaker 3: Agree, Yeah, definitely, it's.
Speaker 2: Just what was said on National TV that a forehead was screaming. Anyway, once again, Holly is the one who is clearly the favorite in this group date and I'm going to say, I know I picked it from day dot. I'm feeling very cocky and very good about the fifty dollar bit that I made, but they're not doing much to try and hide the fact that she's the winner.
Speaker 3: What did they say about her appearance?
Speaker 2: Remember, she's just smoking.
Speaker 3: The lady was just like, yeah, you're so perfect.
Speaker 2: You guys are gonna be perfect. You don't have perfect little Bondai babies.
Speaker 3: Jimmy would never breathe on you heavily at night time.
Speaker 2: That poor Laura from season five.
Speaker 3: Okay, I never the group day and like, what a group day. Fantastic work production, that was delicious.
Speaker 2: I'm really glad that Starbucks put a bit of extra budget in the tank and you could get those posters done a six instead of a four.
Speaker 3: That's right, they had the posters.
Speaker 2: I didn't get what was the point of the posters. I know it was like the asymmetry to the faces, but I don't even think they talked about asymmetry.
Speaker 3: I feel like they just had like an intern on set who could do graphic design, and they were just like, I don't know, whip up like six weird photos of the girls.
Speaker 2: Like it reminds me of those. If anybody else ever googles or looks at plastic surgery on Instagram, this will come up in your feet. I always get these like weird asymmetry pictures that come up, which are like, asymmetry is beautiful. Imagine if we were all the same on both sides. And that's a really really random thing that I just added here, and I'm gonna say that ninety nine percent of people have never seen it. So yeah, I'm glad that we all listened through that ten seconds.
Speaker 3: Look, look, I was a little lost, but I was I was like walking with you, being like, hey, wherever you take this, I'm gonna I'm gonna follow you, and we're gonna make this work. But should we just go with a cocktail party? Now?
Speaker 2: So what you're saying is that I walked you somewhere and you want to go back.
Speaker 3: Why was it as bad as the head butt line with a soccer ball? Probably not?
Speaker 2: They had one wine guy.
Speaker 3: But hey, i'll help you out of this one, and let's talk about the cocktail party. Because you said that Brook's not a stage five.
Speaker 2: She got real stage five.
Speaker 3: She got a little stage five. Do you think she had too much champagne?
Speaker 2: I think she wants to hog time and find him up and put him in a basement somewhere.
Speaker 3: I mean, don't we all.
Speaker 2: That's Jimmy. He's gonna gag on. He's in Brooks basement right now.
Speaker 3: Okay, So the issue is the issue is between Brook and Jimmy is the fact that being a pilot, even though it's only flying domestic routes a lot of the time, he's going to finish work at eleven o'clock at night. So the big jeopardy between Brook and Jimmy is the fact that Jimmy flies planes domestically and he doesn't return back home until roughly eleven pm. So imagine this, Laura, you're cooking dinner, You're sitting there. Where's your partner? Oh no, he's nowhere to be seen. You wake up in the morning, you have breakfast. Where is he? He's still in better sleep.
Speaker 2: How does that sound like the dream come true? No? I think the big thing here is that he also wants to be a long haul flight pilot person.
Speaker 3: Well said, Well said, hey, Jimmy, where do you want to be in ten years? A long haul flight person.
Speaker 2: A lung con flight pilot person. Okay, but he wants to do long haul, which means he'll be gone for five days, then he'll be back for five days. And Brook has made it. I mean, she's kind of alluded to it that she's a little bit codependent in relationships and likes her partner to be around. Think something that's really important that Brook said, which seems to have been a real sticking point for Jimmy, is this.
Speaker 4: I would need from you, like somewhat a compromise to make it work though I want to spend nights with my partner.
Speaker 2: How dare Brook usks for compromise that you can't do that? From the Bachelor? It's his waying all the highway. How dare you verbalize that maybe something wouldn't match up and that you have needs as a woman.
Speaker 3: The quicker he kicks her out of the show, the better Brook.
Speaker 2: It's like almost like when something doesn't match up. So the fact that Brook just wants her boyfriend home at night times, it's like she's a bad person. How dare she ask for that? It's asking for too much from him, And I get it, it is asking for too much from him if he needs to change his career. I don't think she was saying that. I do think she was like, Hey, what are the compromises that we make so that way we would get to spend the most amount of time together, pretty normal conversation, have pretty normal compromise. But that makes her a Billain Rock I'm evil.
Speaker 3: But what she doesn't realize is that after The Bachelor finishes, Jimmy's not going to be a pilot. He's going to join me on TikTok and we'll be dancing our way to the We'll be dancing our way to the top.
Speaker 2: And also what she doesn't realize is you just lie at this point to win. It doesn't matter, just say whatever he needs. Wait, I want to unpack this one second. I always think this, Why don't they just lie? Like why do they say things like, oh, well we need to compromise, I'll move to Melbourne. Like, just don't say it, just say you'll move to Melbourne and then don't do it.
Speaker 3: Well, look at Staph That's what she did.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 3: She was like, yeah, no, I love pilots. Parts are great.
Speaker 2: I'm I to you. I said I didn't want to have kids for five six years. Look at us now, Yeah, I knew you were lying.
Speaker 3: I was like, I saw it as a challenge.
Speaker 2: IM like, I'm going to play hard to get Okay.
Speaker 3: The weird thing is in this part. The weird thing is at this cocktail party is the fact that two people are going home, right. I think it's a bit of a given that it's Ash. Ash is going home, and I think it's not a big surprise because we haven't seen anything from Ash in the last three weeks. But Lily is a big question mark. You know, that last episode, she must walked out because when Brooke came back and said, hey, I've got the last single day, Lily proclaimed that, Hey, I'm not going to take this guy home to see my family if we've only ever had one date. She almost walked out. She almost walked out, but he convinced her to stay. And it felt like in a chat that Lily and Jimmy having in tonight's cocktail party, that he was kind of giving her more reassurance that hey, you know, we had a little fight, but we worked through it and I'm glad you hear and everything's going to be a okay.
Speaker 2: It was a bit strange, wasn't it. Like usually when someone goes home, there's usually some jeopardy during the cocktail party. I like that we just steamed ahead everyone blah blah blah. Lily goes home, but there always is a little bit of jeopardy. There didn't seem to be any jeopardy at this cocktail party. Like I was like, oh, that was a really nice conversation that the two of them had. Lily's going to be safe, She's going to stay there to see another day.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He was like, Hey, that's a beautiful dress. Next minute, see bah.
Speaker 2: He's like, I like to see the back of it.
Speaker 3: And she was like, oh, that's so sexy. And he's like, no, you didn't get a rose. Get out of here.
Speaker 2: So Lily goes home, and so it does ash and we actually had the pure joy of interviewing Lily. And that interview is going to come out in the next I don't know, hopefully we get it edited and now June, in the next day or two, So keep your eyes and ears open on the podcast library for that one.
Speaker 3: Do you reckon it'll be a Saturday or Sunday? Do you want to confirm or do you want to have an air of mystery around whatever?
Speaker 2: We realse I like to keep things interesting.
Speaker 3: Will we release it? Who knows?
Speaker 2: Who knows? Your guess is as good as mine. It is time for the big episode. We're now dealing with the big dirty dogs. It's Hometowns Baby, episode fourteen. Now we still have Carly Holly Brook Jay. I'm saying it really slowly cause I kind of forgot who we had left. They are the four people who made it to hometowns, and you know what, I freaking love hometowns. I also know how emotionally invested you are at this point in time, or how emotionally invested I was, And when you take the Bachelor home to meet your family, it makes it so real. And I know that, Like the quintessential thing that everyone says after their hometowns is like, now that you've met my family, my feelings feel so real. We should have put that into the drinking game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we should have.
Speaker 2: That's a shame that was a missed opportunity there. But I really really enjoyed this episode. I feel like now, I mean, there's only two episodes left, but I really feel like this is one of my favorites.
Speaker 3: Can I ask Laura before we go into this episode, when you see your family that's all filmed, isn't it the first time you see your family that is on camera?
Speaker 2: Dude, you were there. We walked in together, holding hands.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, yeah we.
Speaker 2: Did didn't we Can you tell me where does the big bouquet of flowers and the bottle of wine come from? Like does production just give that to you? And they're like, hey give that to that family? Yeah, yes, you had nothing to do with like what the flowers. You went like, oh, maybe Laura's family would like a big white bunch or a colored bunch because she's a bit fruity.
Speaker 3: I think they did ask and I said, I don't really care.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 3: I said, give me the most expensive bottle of wine you can get.
Speaker 2: And we got given a bottle of Prosenco. So I don't know what that said A lot. First hometown's off the ranks is Carli and Carly lives in the Morning Peninsula, and it is quite positive that's right. Her house was bananas.
Speaker 3: The helly pat at the back was that was amazing. I've never seen one like that in a residential property.
Speaker 2: Imagine taking like the backay little looks. I know everything is supposed to be expensive, but Carlie's house was like the most expensive thing that's happened on the show. Like she took him to the best venue that has happened on the show so far, and it was just her family home.
Speaker 3: It's a big flex, isn't it. It's like, yes, I am stinking rich. You are marrying into wealth, young man.
Speaker 2: Okay, I really think that. And I'm gonna this is like a bit of a critique on the editing of this hometown. I think Carly's hometown was, out of all of them, the most beautiful, sweetest hometown, like her family was divine. However, there was a lot of jeopardy around her brother, and we were really really set up for him to be a hard, hard man.
Speaker 5: But Carly's brother about to arrive, and I noticed that Ryan isn't saying much and he hasn't really cracked much of a smile since he arrived.
Speaker 2: Ooh, like he's dangerous.
Speaker 1: Ooh ooh.
Speaker 2: So Carly's brother and being literally the nicest man that has ever been on the Bachelor. He was so sweet, he was so gently spoken, and he just loves his little sister.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's been lovely to watch you and Carly together, and I'm very proud of particularly for Carly as her brother, and to see her being so vulnerable and honest. I mean, it's lovely to see that you think very proud of her.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jimmy is a very nice young man. He seems sincere, and the most important thing is Carlie's happy next to him. So yeah, I wish them all the very best.
Speaker 2: Okay, I know I'm jumping ahead with this, and like for anyone, spoiler alert, Carli goes Home. I feel like they had to try and create some suspense on this hometown because I just genuinely think her hometown was so perfect. I think her family was so divine. I think everyone was so welcoming. I don't think there was any grilling at all, and they needed to make it make sense as to why he was sending literally the most perfect woman who has ever walked the face of the earth.
Speaker 3: Home, Wifey Wife's Gone Home. It didn't make any sense at all. Even the jeopardy they tried to inject in there, it still didn't make sense. It didn't make sense at all. Like she had almost I would say, the second best hometown. I think out of all the women who are remaining.
Speaker 2: No, I think she had the best one. And I like that when they got up to leave, like they all have a hug and everything, and Carly's brother's like, hey, we'll play golf on the weekend. They're like, yeah, Colly's brother, so me, dn't don't don't turn And Jimmy's like, no 'or not.
Speaker 3: She's going home next. All right, let's talk about Jay, my beloved Jay, who I still think will win.
Speaker 2: I don't think you really think Jay will win.
Speaker 3: No, she's not gonna win.
Speaker 2: Jay just keeps falling on her own swords left, right and center.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my, come on, Jay, Let's have a squeaky clean episode, no stuff ups. And then she sees Jimmy and she's like, hey, Jimmy, I just shut myself. They meet on their date and she's like, hey, Jimmy, the phapster over there. I set this up, so just smile and act like you love me.
Speaker 2: I don't know what to believe anymore with Jay.
Speaker 3: You even said you're watching Jay under a magnifying glass right now. But even even the moment they embraced each other at the park, she jumped on Jimmy and you said, oh, that's like a it's like a stock standard bachelor jump, you know, when you know, you know, when people are running to see each other, they embrace, and then the woman then jumps up and wraps her legs around him, and you thought it was a little bit staged.
Speaker 2: It's getting scandalous, guys. But I think she's watched a few episodes of The Bachelor in her time, and I think she knows how to play the game a little bit. There has been this recurrent issue that maybe Jay is on The Bachelor for Instagram followers, and let's be real. I mean, oh, we know it's a byproduct of going on the show. Look at you, Matthew Johnson. You've got a flourishing TikTok. I don't even know what it is. You're a flourishing TikTok.
Speaker 3: It's it's a career career, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: I was like, what's the word.
Speaker 3: I was like, really, do you need my Helpia? It's a career, Laura, I'm a professional TikToker. That is the man you were going to marry. And I wouldn't have this position if it wasn't for the Bachelor's so thank Heavens, I applied.
Speaker 2: This is true. Look, you get these opportunities that come to you, and like, I don't think that everybody goes in there thinking I'm going to come out of this with like being an Instagram influencer. Like, I don't think that that's people's genuine push to do the show. I think people go on there with like a really open mind of like I hope that I meet someone who I love, and if I don't, well then hopefully other good opportunities come out of it. Like I think that most people go into The Bachelor with a pretty open mind about what could happen afterwards. I mean, the odds are against you when it comes to actually finding the love of your life twenty four to one, not great odds, the opportunity of something else coming out of it. I e like Britt and I started this podcast as a result of doing a reality TV show. We found each other, we became friends as a result of doing a reality TV show. Lots of other really cool things come as a result of it, I guess is like a big thing.
Speaker 3: I think what's different with Jay though? The thing about Jay is that not only as she dug her own grave, but her family are throwing her under the bus as well.
Speaker 2: When was the last time you met one of Jay's exploy friends.
Speaker 5: I can't remember the last time she's She's been through a film, so it.
Speaker 2: Comes out of this hometown that Jay has dated somebody in the public eye before, and that she's had a relationship with someone who's semi famous. It didn't work for it out very well. She was completely heartbroken by it. It also comes out that she wants to be a presenter. So poor Jay, and this is all happening without her knowledge, and this is just blow after blow up to blow. And I think, like one, if you've watched enough Bachelor that you know to go and do the jump, you should also have told your friends what to say and what not to say to have your back in that situation, like prep them, tell them, don't tell him. I want to be a prisoner to kick that shit on the download. Don't do me dirty.
Speaker 3: But how was the goodbye when he left Jay's home? He did not give her any effect at all?
Speaker 2: Well would you don't you think he was feeling a little bit like what's true? What's not true?
Speaker 3: But then send her home?
Speaker 2: I know, I'm so angry for Carly.
Speaker 3: Send the WiFi homekeeper there. We love Carlee, we love her, we miss her teeth already.
Speaker 2: I'm still sad that those teeth walked down to the Batch mansion. When it comes to Jay. Another thing that I did point out to Matt when we were watching the show, and one of the things that I think is just like now, because I, like Matt said, she's under a microscope to me, and I think I'm over analyzing the stuff that she does. You get this opportunity to give the bachelor a little speech before he leaves. You know, we saw it with Brooke, we saw it with Carlie, We kind of saw it with Holly. She didn't she give a terrible speech.
Speaker 3: Because there's no cocktail party. So when you say goodbye, when you say goodbye at the front door of your house, the next time you're going to see the bachelor is in the road ceremony room. So these are the last words you will say to him.
Speaker 2: I feel like what Jay said to him was such stock standard color by numbers that she waffle.
Speaker 6: It's scary for me because you meeting my family has made my feelings even.
Speaker 1: Strong before you.
Speaker 6: I'm not very good at this kind of stuff. So yeah, I mean I feel vulnerable at the moment because I could see myself falling in love with you, and that's really really scary.
Speaker 2: Alrighty, So after the clusterfuck. That was Jay's hometown. We are red hot and ready, and it is Holly's turn, and of course Holly's hometown is divine.
Speaker 3: So Jimmy is going to be meeting Holly's mom, who he's met before, as well as Holly's best friend.
Speaker 4: It will be Sam, My best friend.
Speaker 2: She knows me better than I know myself.
Speaker 3: I'm just imagining at the kitchen table and Holly's like, Sam, what's my name again? She's like, it's Holly, all right, thanks Sam.
Speaker 2: Matt's been teasing this joke all afternoon. That was it, and I was like when we were watching the episode and I was like, put the grap down, put the grap down. I've got a really good joke. And I was like, just tell me the joke, and he was like, no, I can't tell you the joke. Put the grap down. I'll tell you on the podcast. I I am to see.
Speaker 3: I tried to pull out and you told me not to.
Speaker 2: We all know how good you'll pull out. Men, Matthew Johnson.
Speaker 3: We have to kid, who was it Ricky Gervaez who said if you have a joke, win, lose, or draw, you have to say it. I regret nothing.
Speaker 2: Do you think this one was a loser, a drawer, or a win.
Speaker 3: I reckon, there is somebody out there right now, at least one person who had to chuckle at my joke, regardless of how bad it was.
Speaker 2: Hello, Holley, Who am I?
Speaker 3: She knows me better than I know myself. Imagine if she got her own name. Anyway, Anyway, it was a great hometown. Let's move on.
Speaker 2: It was literally so pleasant and lovely. We have nothing to say except that we think Holly's gonna win. Let's get into Brooks.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, hang on, before we leave Holly's hometown. The jeopardy. The jeopardy right now with Holly is that as they were saying goodbye, she then kind of has this moment of realization that, oh my gosh, you know, now that he's meeting the family, this has all become so much more real. I'm so afraid of getting hurt. I don't want to open up. I'm completely closing up, and maybe I'm closing up so much that I'm pushing Jimmy away.
Speaker 2: I reckon, She's fine. At the end of the hometown with that little bit of jeopardy where she didn't say anything to Jimmy like she They just stood there and stared at each other and she said, I'm really scared, and then she started crying and it was all like a very dramatic I reckon, she said a few things. They just cut it out, but.
Speaker 3: Don't you reckon. It was a bit weird how she like. He walked off, and then then the camera was shoving just an empty, dark black street, and then Holly was sitting at the like the curb the step of her house, like squatting there doing a poop, like oh yeah. It was like she's shitting on the on the doorstep of her house. What's what's happening? And then Jimmy was nobody to be seen. And then she ran after Jimmy and then she was like, I just want one last goodbye. I was a bit strange.
Speaker 2: I thought I was expecting her to because she didn't say anything, because she didn't tell him how she felt. She didn't use that time wisely to say I'm balling in love with you, which is like what is expected.
Speaker 3: I just done a shit on my doorstep. That's the jeopardy with Holly.
Speaker 2: So she runs after him that then I was expecting more. I was expecting more than just I need another goodbye.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it was edited out. It has to be you reckon.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, okay. How are you feeling about the when we go for goal? The j or holy situation? At the moment?
Speaker 3: Do I feel confident?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: What is going to happen to the winner?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: What does the winner get sex? Does the winner get to choose what they want?
Speaker 3: You can have whatever you like?
Speaker 2: I like sex.
Speaker 3: Sex is good's let's sorry for anyone listening. Let's talk about Brooks hometown. Will flesh out the details of our bet when we're not recording. Brookie Brookie.
Speaker 2: Now it's Brookie.
Speaker 3: It's cut I let Brookie, way Brooky, hungry Brookie? Do you want to drink? Brookie? You want to look cookie? Brookie? This Brookie want a little Napbooker Brookie. I find it very cute. It's very cutesy, too cutesy for me. It feels a bit weird when he talks to her like that, and I feel like the Brookie thing is new, that's only happened recently. I don't know where it's come from.
Speaker 2: Maybe it wasn't I can't remember. I'm trying to cast my memory back to before she went away and whether he was calling her Brookie or not, or whether they just had like cute nicknames that popped up over text message since they were like, you know, on the SMS all the time.
Speaker 1: Okay, Brookie, get Brookie, I love you Brookie.
Speaker 2: So Brookie takes Jimmy to her hometown, Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Welcome to my hometown, Melmade And Jimmy knows exactly what Melbourne is like because he was there last week with.
Speaker 2: Carli and now this is Brookies. I can't call it Brookie makes me feel weird. Now this is Brook's opportunity to share with Jimmy a little bit about Melbourne.
Speaker 3: More confident.
Speaker 4: We're not having coffee today. I think we had a bit too much coffee day.
Speaker 2: Brook is still jacked the nine. She's had like wild anxiety for the last week and hasn't slept. She's like quick, any more coffee. I've had seven therapy sessions. Just chocolate, no.
Speaker 3: More, Jimmy, make it stop latte.
Speaker 2: There is a lot of jeopardy around Brooks storyline at the moment we get to meet her family. Her family are divine, However, they have a few choice things to say about Brookie. Brook lives in fairyland.
Speaker 3: What are you doing to poor old Brookie.
Speaker 2: We also find out that brook locked at her nana in the shed once upon a time when she was a kid. And the more that this date progresses, or the more that this hometown progresses, the more it's becoming very obvious that I think she also wants to lock Jimmy in a basement.
Speaker 3: She's like, Jimmy, you couldn't get another bottle of wine, could you? There's just one left in the shed in the garden.
Speaker 2: Head down to the cellar, Jimmy. Once again, nobody's seen Jimmy since filming of that episode.
Speaker 3: The next Rose ceremony, Osh's like, so we don't know where Jimmy is.
Speaker 2: He was last scene in Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Brook He's like, Oh, how weird. That's so strange. Big take home from Brookie's hometown is the fact that well, her brother throws her under the bus, like saying that she is someone who is extremely dependent, which clearly is not going to work because Jimmy lives in Sydney, so he's not going to move. Brookie is going to have to relocate her life away from her family and friends. With Jimmy in Sydney if they do end up together, and let's not forget that Jimmy doesn't finish work until eleven pm d it's a miracle that any pilots out there who fly domestically have a relationship or family.
Speaker 2: And this has been like the recurrent theme with Brook Like, obviously she's come back and she really wants this to be a relationship that works for her, but this just keeps on rearing its very ugly head. This whole conversation around her not being as independent as what I think she would like to be in relationships and really needing her partner to be there and be this support person physically being there, which you know what a lot of people need. That takes a very specific person to be okay and to opt into a relationship where they know that they're going to be making huge compromises around the quality time that they can spend with their partner.
Speaker 3: Well, guys, that is pretty much it. And as we revealed earlier, we are absolutely devastated that our beloved Carlie has gone home.
Speaker 2: I think we should all take a moment's silence for the fact that Carl's teeth will no longer be on our TV.
Speaker 3: Take your teeth out and leave them in front of your doorstep.
Speaker 2: Take your teeth that how many old people do you think listening to this podcast?
Speaker 3: And if you're not old, I want you to get a chisel hammer, knock out a tooth and put it out there for carl she'd really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: It is so wild to me that we had just finished Hometowns, like this season has been over in a flash. And I think it's because they've been double numbing episodes for half the season, because.
Speaker 3: We went through about twelve episodes in one week. Jesus Christ.
Speaker 2: But that is literally it from us, guys. We actually have a couple of bonus and little fun interviews that we're going to be dropping over the next couple of days. We've interviewed Lily and we also have had the pleasure of interviewing Carlie. So we're going to drop those little interviews. If you are just a die hard sick for it batchy fair a la la la lama. We're going to drop them probably like on Saturday, but like I can't be sure, maybe, so we'll keep checking back.
Speaker 3: Next week is our last week. Then together on the podcast.
Speaker 2: What are we going to do when this is all over?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Bachelourette, Well, I don't know if I've got time, Laura, I'm very busy.
Speaker 2: I mean, we have had a few fights that haven't made it onto the podcast whilst we've been recording this, but.
Speaker 3: They've been healthy discussions, I believe.
Speaker 2: Matt afterwards said that it's a good thing that we can find about stuff on the podcast because then we can have makeup sex. And tonight we'll be having some makeup sex. Will we No, I'm tying.
Speaker 3: You can't tease me like that. Will we do Bachelorette? I don't know. I'm sure at this.
Speaker 2: Point, Guys, maybe we should put up a pole. We need to know. We need to make a decision. Should we do bachelorette recaps? We want to hear from you. Also, Matten needs the confidence boost, he needs the reassurance, he needs the affirmation. Tell him you want him back on the podcast.
Speaker 3: Love me, Love me please, And thank.
Speaker 2: You to everybody who's left a review or commented about the batchel On Cut episodes and that you've enjoyed them. This has been such a wild ride and we have thoroughly enjoyed it thus far, and next week is going to be the real home race. We're going to bring it on down to hometown that that was where we just were. We're going to bring it on down to the final. Anyway, Guys, if you haven't left a review, if you haven't jumped onto the Facebook group Life Uncut Discussion group, you haven't jumped onto the Instagram which is Life Uncut Popocast, then where you've been and you know the drill.
Speaker 3: Tell your housemate, tell your pet, tell your barista, tell the postman. Because queen Land live way