Speaker 1: Hey, you guys might have seen the show that's airing at the moment on Channel nine called The Summit. Now I haven't seen it before. This is the second season, but it's this crazy show where you go to the Alps and it's really really rugged terrain in New Zealand and you have to I think there's fourteen contestants. You have cash in your backpack, like a share of a million big ones, and you have to hike to the top of this summit and if you get there, you get whatever money's in your backpack. But just like backstabbing, and you can steal money along the way and people drop out they can't make it, and so you need to try and accumulate as much money as you can get. And now one of the contestants on there is Olympia of a Lance. You might know her. She's a very famous Australian actress and model. You probably know he from Neighbors, but she was also on Playing for Keeps The Last Barbarian. The message. We're going to chat to Olympia today because she is one of the contestants. Hi, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Olympia.
Speaker 3: Hi, Hi kay, Hi, are you weird?
Speaker 2: I mean I'm so intrigued as to why you why did.
Speaker 1: You do this in the first place.
Speaker 4: It is such a good show, But I have to admit that going into it, I was supposed to watch season one, so I kind of knew what I was in for. I got the gist. I didn't watch the first season in full, but my goodness, I should have. There was so many things that I didn't know. That we were going to be sleeping outside and not intent. I didn't really understand how hectic and hard these very very steep, eight hour hyps a day would be. I didn't really. I thought there may have been like an obstacle, like maybe once every two or three days, but no, we were literally hanging from a hundred meter waterfalls and the crawling across cliff faces. It's probably the most insane thing I've ever done in my whole entire life. But I guess all in all, when you complete the impossible, which is what we did, you feel pretty bloody good about yourself after it.
Speaker 1: Helenbe, I'd love to know how, like, how much a notice did you get from when you sign up to and you start filming, and did you just start training straight away or you're like that, it's probably not going to be that hard.
Speaker 4: Two weeks out was when it was like, okay, we're doing this. Honestly, I couldn't have been more unfit. I just finished like a round of IVF and I hadn't exercised properly for a good six months.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Olympia, can you tell us a little bit around why you wanted to talk about that experience and also what it is that you've been going through and how you've been a voice for women who find themselves in a very similar fertility phase of life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, obviously Instagram and things like that, it's it's always incredibly polished. And the reason why I kind of wanted to speak about it was because it's I just didn't understand why it was so taboo when no one was really talking about it with so many women are going through the same thing and so many people are having the same struggles as I am, and I just wanted to be a platform where people can, you know, feel heard and seen and and just somewhere to vent really for.
Speaker 1: Those that are listening. And you have spoken about it a lot, but you did miscarry twins not that long ago, and I'm.
Speaker 4: On my sixth miscarriage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm so sorry, but it's so amazing that you're talking about it, because I'm sure you already know, but you are helping so many women by voicing this.
Speaker 2: That's so hard.
Speaker 3: Well, I found like, and there was in the very beginning, there's such I don't know what, it's like, a shame. It's like you felt shame to say, oh, I've miscarried, or because everyone's reaction to it is so extreme and you're.
Speaker 4: Like, Okay, you're making it worse for me, but I'm already dealing with it, and you're kind of pity doesn't help. But if we just like, you know, we obviously grieve on our own and with the people that are close to us, but if we kind of just like I just want it to be more open and talked about, so there isn't this oh god, you know, these poor poor people.
Speaker 2: I honestly also think that the feelings don't necessarily come just from pity. I think when you tell that story and you say that you've had miscarriages, so many women whose instant feeling is like, oh my god, I'm so sorry is because they've been there themselves, and they've also had a carriage and like and I, you know what, We've spoken about it quite a bit on the pickup and also across life on cart like I myself have had multiple miscarriages, and when I hear what another woman has experienced, my very first thought is like, I hate that you went through that and you're going through it. You know, it doesn't come from pity it it just comes from this like solidarity of like, I know the shit you're in right now, and it's horrible.
Speaker 4: I've been there. It hurts, It hurts, it really hurts. It sucks. But I guess it's I kind of meant more people that haven't gone through it, and it's not really talked about, so people don't know how to react and people don't kind of like I said, I don't really know what the right thing today is. But you're right, it's just like, oh my god, I'm Jesus, I'm so sorry. I'm here for you if you need me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Olimpia. We hope that you win the money, and honestly so grateful that you continue to talk about these things because it's a voice for women who don't feel as though they're at a point where they can yet and it really makes people feel less alone in such a really horrible thing to go through. And the best of luck with the IVF journey because I know it's a very long and tumultuous journey. So we're going to be thank you.