Speaker 1: Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Christian No Common Show podcast.
Speaker 3: And Melbourne is out of lockdown, which is amazing news. The atmosphere in my house yesterday, amongst the teenagers been trapped back indoors, slumped in front of laptops. Jim My wife said yesterday I don't think they've done a lot of their homework, and.
Speaker 2: I went, I don't care. You know whos problem? That is? The schools?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wouldn't sat front of a laptop for those two weeks. I'd be disappointed they had still been knuckling down doing that just.
Speaker 2: To survive, just get through it. Okay, that's the school problem. Tomorrow, Well, all your.
Speaker 1: Work really becomes homework because you're at home twenty fourth to seven. Why force them to do work outside of the school hours.
Speaker 2: So obviously we're two daughters at home.
Speaker 3: Okay, they're in separate parts right doing their online schooling. And I overhear bits of various teachers. Yesterday I overheard a very enthusiastic but wildly naive math teacher and she was going, do you know what, I just want to say, it's great news and do you know what's been so hard? So?
Speaker 2: Hey, how for you go.
Speaker 3: I'm really looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow. I'm just looking forward also just seeing all the work you've been doing ANYR homework for your mates, And I went, oh, if that's your goal for tomorrow, you're going to be so grush spoiler alert. None of them would have done not just any but certainly not maths work. Who's got enough If you're a teenager or a kid, who's got enough about them in a fifth, lockdown to knuckle down and do your maths homework.
Speaker 1: When I was thirteen years old, my mum and dad pulled me out of school for a couple of months and we went on our first ever overseas holiday.
Speaker 2: Your presson agreeing you went to Europe?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they were. They essentially said before we started school, do you want to go to a nice school or save that money and go on a European holiday? And we chose European. Great choice, and they all my teachers gave me like months worth of work. It's they fill out these.
Speaker 2: Books like we do on the show.
Speaker 1: Fill out these books so that you don't fall behind, and then when you come back you can.
Speaker 3: Go, you know, and you're going to be climbing in Budapest, swatting in Paris, you know, sat underneath the Eiffel Tower.
Speaker 2: Jack, you're coming up. I can't. So I had on algebra test when I get back.
Speaker 1: I had I got home four days before I had to go back to school, Math, English.
Speaker 2: Geography, History. All these books were six month's worth of education.
Speaker 1: Two pages filled out, and then.
Speaker 3: Like a dangerous mind trying to absorb all this information.
Speaker 1: And then I actually remember my mum trying to help me go, like, well, maybe you can say to your history teacher, for example, that you've visited some castle.
Speaker 2: Teachers have never heard that one before.
Speaker 3: Oh history, I watched a movie there was some historical stuff and I don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: Then the chat post do you still have? I still have that.
Speaker 3: Nightmare once a week when I'm in an exam in school and I haven't done my homework all revision. When were those dreams?
Speaker 2: Stop? Stop? School has nothing to do with me. Now it's got nothing over me. On forty eight, when will they ever stop? The Christian O'Connell Show podcast