Speaker 1: I Heeart podcasts.
Speaker 2: You can hear more Gold one I four point three podcasts, playlist and listen live on the free iHeart app.
Speaker 3: Got anything good?
Speaker 1: Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell show podcast. So Australians in space, we bloody did it. We did it well. I don't know if you saw it. I saw it. Okay, let me just read this headline. So yesterday.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you're aware of this, but Australia was trying to launch a rocket into space. Headline here from today's Financial Review. It's the newspaper I always read before the show. Australia's attempt at entering space last less than thirty seconds.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's not.
Speaker 2: And now I'm looking at the Guardian headline here. All the wars were the cloud and that was it.
Speaker 3: Like a burnout in the sky.
Speaker 4: Yes, reasons in space to Eski and beyond. Here's the news report of this from yesterday.
Speaker 5: The first Australian made rocket to launch on home soil has crashed and burned just seconds after lift off. But Despine the spectacular explosion. The Queensland company in charge says it will be back for another attempt.
Speaker 1: Queensland it really is bogus.
Speaker 3: And you don't think necessarily like cutting edge.
Speaker 1: You know, you don't think that.
Speaker 2: You know, you don't think you've got the billionaire boys, haven't you will? You've got like bezos and musk Queensland. It's not the Silicon Valley of Australia, is it. No, Just respect Queensland. But you know, so, did you see it? Sort of there was like a lot of smoke. Then it's sort the sort of fell over.
Speaker 1: It barely got off the launching pad. Well, I'm looking at the new support here.
Speaker 2: The key line that I've highlighted is it flew for fourteen seconds before losing thrust. Yeah, that's how it's's wedding night telling me that story when we first meat have it? Have it into this from some nerd that was filming a bill Now it is id Also Lockie, who is a very talented sound architect on the show. He's into anything thrusty f one and rockets.
Speaker 1: He knows who this nerd is.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 1: You know Lockie was off last week sick. I reckon it was him up there, loves to have more flight time.
Speaker 2: Sorry, this is a guy from the actual company. Listen to this guy trying to get in front of this story, actually trying to own it as No, this is great, No, this is what meant to happen.
Speaker 1: This is the best thing.
Speaker 5: I would have loved to have more flight time, but I think fourteen seconds is something I'm willing to be very happy with for the first attempt.
Speaker 2: Well, thank god Neil Armstrong and his mates weren't didn't have that expirit about.
Speaker 1: Them at fourteen seconds. It's great. We can build on this. He also said there's a quote here.
Speaker 5: They asked him why it was so like such a failure, and he said, space is hard.
Speaker 3: It's hovering, it's hovering, it's hovering.
Speaker 2: This is some nerdy filmed at all. There was no other nerds filming or just this one guy. Apparently the video he gets so excited he knocks his own tripod over, so he lost a lot of space.
Speaker 3: It's hovering, it's hovering, it's hovering. It's gone. It's gone. Ah No.
Speaker 1: If I had to sum up in just one phrase, the d season.
Speaker 3: Ah no, ah no. Christian O'Connell Show Gone Podcast