Speaker 1: Got anything good. Hey, this is the Christian O'Connell Show podcast.
Speaker 2: So this Sunday, big moment for our family. Our last daughter leaves home. So Lowis who's eighteen, she's off to university. So we're moving around this Sunday. And yesterday she was packing a suitcase. That bit was fine. Then I went to her bedroom. All the posters have come down from her bedroom.
Speaker 3: It was it was just a room, Jack, It's not her room.
Speaker 2: Because actually, when you're a teenager, the way you show mom and dad in the world who you are right now, who you dream of being, or what you're passionate about, are the posters on the wall. It's all the passions everything. It's the actors and actresses she likes, it's the musicians, it's the images. It was literally like going into a museum of her. Whenever went to a bedroom and certain posters would come down and I'd never say, oh, you're not that anymore, and something new would come up and I'd know more about where she was in her and what she was assionate about, buy what was on the contents of our bedroom. Or It's like literally is like a dank old gave in there with the clothes on the floor, but the posters have all been taken down because they've got to go to where she's going to be.
Speaker 3: It's like her essence has been packed away.
Speaker 2: And it was a gut punch and I went in there was like the posters are down, and she was like, yeah, they've.
Speaker 3: All got to come down. I was like, kind of leave one up?
Speaker 2: Should you go? So we were Then I was like going, not that, I don't care about that one. Can I have this one?
Speaker 3: So I kept one of myself. But you would have been through that.
Speaker 2: We've all been at that, those ages where those posters were everything. And then the sad thing is, at some point you stop us have grown up, you become too boring for posters. You don't putting up posters anymore. Why aren't there posters for grown ups?
Speaker 1: I used to go to the Voyager video store in our neighborhood that sold you know those poster racks the house where the big botanic frame, botanic frame and you flip through them, and I used to love and looking through the bend.
Speaker 2: And then you look the banned ones. Then it was scantily clad women. There was the one with the ten play with scratching the backside. There were some fet looking dudes in dungarees who did not work in any kind of.
Speaker 3: Garage or car auto shop that I've ever seen.
Speaker 1: And then you get to the comedy ones, like like beer goggles type thing.
Speaker 2: That's right, Dad's man cave, and like monkeys scratching their heads stuff like that. You're right, those were the flow of those you through those big metallic screens.
Speaker 3: Bigger than so. What were the posters on your bedroom?
Speaker 1: I had all my favorite bands, Green Day, No Effects. I had a big poster of the Big Day Out the year the Beastie Boys came.
Speaker 3: Even though I didn't go to that bigure the poster, but you felt like you were there because you had the poster on your wall. Patsy, what did you want? Posters? You have? Anyone?
Speaker 2: I had Andrew McCarthy, the actor.
Speaker 3: I had Inexcess. I had Dirty Dancing with Patrick Swayze and Baby in a Dance.
Speaker 2: Some of your favorite radio news readers No no no radios.
Speaker 3: Sticker from three K Billy or what it was? Three red Neck Am No Red Nick? This is Hunting five All Night. The Christian O'Connell Show podcast