Speaker 1: The Rise and Conquer Podcast acknowledges the traditional custodians of the land which this episode is being recorded. We further acknowledge country throughout Australia and their connections to land, sea and community. We pay our respect to their elders past and present and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and terrestrid Islander peoples. Today. Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Podcasts. This is the podcast for ordinary people who want to do extraordinary things. Hello and welcome back to the Rise and Conquer Potty. Today we have a fun Friday app with a twist. It's not a hotline, it's actually just an all webisode, but it's a pep talk and you guys love pep talks and it's about manifesting. So I feel like this is very exciting. It is like my favorite piece of content produce is So guys, Today we are talking about the missing factor, which is this is the part that often people they know about, they just don't do very well. So true, it's hard, It's really hard. Today we are chatting surrender. Why why it is so important? And I really try and give you some great examples of surrender. So you can really understand honestly, when you can master this part of manifesting. Oh dare I say you don't need the rest? No, that's not true, but it does make it a lot of ye. So I'm so excited to share this episode with you guys and get into it, because yeah, when you know how to do this step, it is monumental in your manifesting practices. But before we get into the episode, weekly recommendation A tear, what's yours? You go first? This wreck has been I'm on a bit of a challenge adventure right now where I'm trying to find what works for me to shift me out of my energy state of work life to mumlife. Because there it probably wasn't last week. It was the week before. I just had a really tough week where I had a lot of stuff going on at work, some like you know, quite full on stuff, and I was really bringing work home and it was just not great for Tim and Ivy and I felt really bad about it. And I just realized how much my energy was like leaking and I wasn't being intentional enough, and so I was like, no, I've got to make sure, like I, you know, focus on this because it's what's best for the VAM. And the latest thing that I found so I actually do is I literally put a timer on for five minutes when I get in my car. And this might be at the warehouse or it might be when I get home, just depends and I just sit there and I just do some deep belly breathing and that has been really helpful. And then so something else too is me and Ivy have dance parties. Oh so so cute. There's this a kid's channel called kids Bops Kids. I think that's it. There's like these little kids that were like a group of dances and they do dances to like really familiar I love it so much, actually so funny. But Ivy's obsessed. She's like and then she's like the podcast, I don't know what you're doing. Quick for me. She dances and it's so cute. And I did that, actually did that last night and it was so good. So yeah, that's like my recommendation because I think even if you're not a mom, I used to struggle with this and I wish I implemented this before of I would one hundred percent take work home with me and like let it affect my mood, especially with Tim or even what then would happen is I'd think about something, I'd jump on my computer, you'd do it. Whereas if you've got like a clear boundary of like no shifting the energy. And after that dance party, I did not want to go on my phone or my laptop or anything, and I just wanted to like be there in the moment. So that's something I'm being like very intentional on. And I feel like, you know, people can definitely better fit from because we're all, you know, married to our work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think especially I've struggled with that boundary when I work from home, Like it's just so easy to do one more thing.
Speaker 1: So easy.
Speaker 2: So it's like having that strict.
Speaker 1: I hate break unpopular opinion. I hate working from home. Hate it.
Speaker 2: I get so much done though that's my thing.
Speaker 1: It's kind of different for me now. I feel like back in the day, loved it, but now more distracted because Tim and Ivy are like playing and I want to go play with them. And I very much associate my home esp actually my new house, to relaxing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you don't want that energy?
Speaker 1: No, fair enough, what's your recommendation Tea.
Speaker 2: My recommendation, no context recommendation, make sure you have a fire extinguisher.
Speaker 1: I feel like you have to give them a context because like, what are you talking about? Okay?
Speaker 2: Context for that one is a bit of an eventful Friday night. One of my neighbor's cars ended up on fire and we tried putting the fire out with a host pipe, which didn't work. But luckily someone who's a trade who it's actually I think compulsory for them to have like the first aid kit and a fire extinguisher in their car. He had one and he got it out and it actually that was the only thing that put the fire of the car out. So I reckon that's just like a good safe thing to have in your house because you can't always no.
Speaker 1: One has one. That's such a good like like no one has. I also can't believe your neighbor's car was set on fire by like a car bomb or what? I what? What neighborhood? That's my initial thoughts. Okay, are you saying the place? I know? That's what's concerning, like no one's safe. Oh look, I come from a neighborhood when your car stolen, so don't worry.
Speaker 2: It was so funny because after I looked at my parents, I'm like, do you ever just wonder if it was worth moving here.
Speaker 1: Stuff like this? They're like, shut up, like, look at your life. It's great. You're a great life. All right, let's get into the episode. All right, let's chat Surrender. I wanted to chat about surrender because obviously, as you guys know, the project is available and the card is open, and it is a manifesting course, and the biggest part of manifesting that I feel like most people get tripped up on is the surrender part, which is kind of like the end part. Obviously there's you know, a bit more to it, and so I wanted to spend some time today just really talking about like what surrender is, what it looks like, and why it is so important to really like lock into and trust and believe, because guys, if you don't surrender, you will not manifest. And I'm loving my relationship with surrender because it's really evolving. So how I used to look at surrender and really like lock into it is really changing. And then even I've been very open about like, like my relationship with surrendered this year is really like going to a whole new level because I'm doing something. If you guys listen to like our New Year's Resolutions episode, my whole like resolution almost like planned for the year to not have a plan so I don't limit myself so I can completely like surrender to like the universe's plan. And if you would have told me that I'm seeing like saying these words just you know, even last year or the year before, I would be like, no, that is what I would never do that because I am a control freak and I love planning, and I think as humans we love this concept of knowing the future, knowing an outcome, knowing I can do this action and have this outcome. But what's so beautiful about surrender is if you can really trust and lock in, it's going to be better than you could have imagined. And that's why I really this year and like next level surrendering if that's even a word, or to yah, I'm in this, like yeah, I'm on this, like this journey of surrendering and bringing it to a whole new level, which is going to be very very hard for me.
Speaker 2: But anyway, enough about me, what sort of like made you want to make that your news resolution almost well.
Speaker 1: The catalyst was last year, I planned my whole year, so I kind of knew exactly how it was going to go for work. And I did that because it was my first year as a mom, and I very much was trying to control something of my life because I knew the year of being a first time mom, I didn't know what that would hold, so I was trying to control saying so like I locked in all these things. And even though i accomplished so much, and I'm so proud of my achievements and I'm so proud of my year, and again, I would never change anything. I just I guess I didn't feel how I thought I would. And I got to the end of the year and I felt quite burnt out, and I felt quite exhausted, and I felt like I had taken on all these things and it wasn't really in line with my values and how I wanted to shot. So I knew I had to make some shifts. So the biggest kind of aha moment when I realized my blind spot in life is I try and plan everything. But when you try and plan everything, you're not leaving room for any you know, beautiful miracles or beautiful you know, things to fall into place.
Speaker 2: You're almost blocking it, blocking.
Speaker 1: It, and I like, I had this like aha moment where I was like, I really wonder what could have unfolded this year if I just completely surrendered and I just like leant into what's the decision I want to make right now in the next you know, two to four weeks rather than four months down the track. And so I don't know, it's like it's in my evolution. And I know a lot of people maybe are listening and just like I can't even comprehend that, And that was I completely get that. But for me, I'm just really excited to like lean into a whole new level of surrender. But a lot of people get tripped up on surrender and they're like we always have if you're in control freak and if you like I don't like you know, if you're a planner and you know someone who has order and you love structure and you love calendars and all those things, you're not gonna love surrender. And it's just it is what it is. But it's fine because I'm gonna chat to you about it today so you can get more comfortable with that and just be open minded. So surrender is kind of the last stage of manifesting after you have done all the previous steps, and it's kind of like you would have heard on social media, it's like, you know this or something better. I guess you end it on this or something better. So you try and not attach yourself to the outcome. That is like a huge, huge thing. So I want you guys to think of and you know, we got I got literally a beautiful DM just on the holidays of someone you know, expressing that this really amazing thing had happened for them and then it was taken away. And she's just like, how can I surrender in this moment because it just feels so cruel and it feels so why would the universe do this for me? Yeah, and I you know, sent her this voice in just was like, honestly, I know it's so hard to think of think of it now, but it's like, these are the moments where we need to surrender the most. And let me just explain you. So I love to look at surrender like the relationship of a parent and child. Oh, so think of the universe like the parent and you as the child. So for example, let's just say, and I can I feel like I can relate to this so much more now being a parent. But like, let's just say. You know, me and Ivy, we're marking around and I can see she's getting a bit tired, and so I'm like, all right, Ivy, like, let's here's your bottle. Let's go to sleep, have a sleep, and then you'll wake up and we'll go for a swim and we'll have it. We'll have a great time. But Ivy's like, no, I just want to play. Yeah, And I'm like, I know you want to play, but trust me, you're tired, you're cranky, you're having tantrums. Let's just have you know your bottle and let's go to sleep, and you're going to feel so much better. And she's like, no, I want to play. So she's chucking in tantrum, she's being crazy, and then we both end up in tears, and it's this whole big thing. Yeah, think of that. So as you know, mere little as humans, we like to control things and we like to plan. So you're like, no, no, no, I have this plan. Yeah, And the universe, as the parent, is like no, no, no, trust me, just take a nap and everything's going to be better. And you're like, I don't want to take a nap. I have my plan. I have my and the universe is going just fucking trust me. I know what's good for you. Yeah, And like I think of it that way. So I love that example when you're like, no, I have a plan. It's supposed to be like this. You have to trust that. The universe is like, trust me, just do this thing now. Whatever happens, happens, and hold on because it's going to be better. You're going to wake up, you're going to be happy. We'll have more food, We'll go see dad, we'll go in the sprinklers like it's going to be amazing. Yeah, or like we'll go see your friend. Where's Ivy who can't comprehend that. And she can't understand that because she's a baby. Yeah, she's like she's just she's like, no, I want to play now. I want to play now. And that is how I kind of love to explain like surrendering, because as humans, we think we know it all and we're like, no, but I have this plan. I want to do this thing. But what we don't realize is there is a much bigger plan happening that we can't but see right this moment. That is like, it's going to be better for us in the long run. It's going to be bigger and better and more in lined and totally us and it's gonna make us feel so good. But we're so focused on no I want to play even though we're fucking tired and exhausted and throwing tantrums, that we're missing the whole thing. And it's like it's going to go that way either like either or so you most will enjoy the ride, and so Ivy, most will just go to sleep and have a great sleep.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So who is that kind of a good explanation of surrender? Very very good because I feel like a lot of the time too, like so many things have happened to my life where I'm like, in that moment, I could have never have known, so like, in that moment, I wish I could just go back and be like, trust me, enjoy the ride, don't even let this worry you. Keep going because it's going to get, like, you know, even better. Yeah, And of course we can never go back to those moments, and of course in those moments we're angry and we're upset, and it's good to feel those feelings. But if we can trust that the universe as a parent is supporting us, is loving us, and knows what's best for us in a higher self sense and just like completely has our back, imagine that feeling. Imagine doing life in that feeling instead of you know, throwing a tantrum m. That's a good bike. So that's kind of like if I'm going through moments and this is another thing, is like when life's feeling like hard and difficult, I'm like, what that fuck? I literally take a step back or write on my journal and I'm like, where am I not surrendering? Where am I actually going against the grain making things harder for myself? And where am I not letting go and trusting that it's going to be better than I could have imagined. I asked myself that I love that. Let's just talk about some times in my life. I'm very open about a couple of years ago before we had Ivy, me and Tim had a long trying to conceive journey for about a year, which when you're trying for a baby, it feels like an eternity because you know everyone else is getting pregnant, and every single month you're waiting, you're trying to get this specific time, and it's a bit of a mind fuck. But yeah, we tried for a very long time and then we had a miscarriage and very much felt like, what the fuck? How could you give us something and then take it away? It's so cruel and what could ever be, you know, the beautiful side of this or the better that I could have imagined. And so of course, in that moment, like I let myself have the feelings and saden that. But then you know, like with hindsight, you noise see a clearer picture. But it's like if I, if I didn't have a miscarriage, like we wouldn't have IVY. Yeah, just like you know, situations like that, and even I thought, I remember when COVID hit like Naked Harvest was like we had literally and he just started Naked Harvest. It was maybe a year old, so it's very much in its infancy.
Speaker 2: That's so nerve wracking.
Speaker 1: And I remember crying and some of my best friends coming over and being like, you know, what's wrong, And I was like beside myself because I was so worried and I remember I had to really journal and be like, Okay, I trust that, you know, I trust that it's going to work out. I trust this is going to be better than I could have imagined. And I had to really let go. I was very like, very emotional and very beside myself, and then like covid ended up being one of the best things for most e commerce stores. Yeah, so like just different scenarios like that is just in those moments when things don't work, you've just got to trust and surrender. And even in little moments like the other day, me and Ellie were trying to book in We're getting a tattoo, and they kept like changing the dates and it was all hard, and then we finally got this date and I was like, yeah, yeah, yeah, just book it in. I paid the deposit, and then like I realized in my calendar we had like a very important interview and I was like fuck, and then I just kind of left it. And I literally remember saying it's fine, it'll work itself out. It's fine. I like, I'll deal with this later, and it's not about neglecting things, but I was just like, oh, look, it's fine, we'll sort it out. We'll sort it out. I'm not gonna I'm not going to get into TV about it. And I just didn't have time at that moment to sort out. So I'm like, it was I'll sort out. Literally, like a couple of days later, that interview got canceled and put to another day, and I just went life happens for me. Life happens for me. And because I just surrendered, I'm just like, oh, it's fine, Like I'm not gonna let this worry me. So it's like you can surrender very small moments like that or in the really big moments and they're both going to It just adds to your like quality of life. Quality of life, like, because do you want to go through life stressing out? Yeah, being fucking stressed all the time, or do you want to be like, ah, it's all good. That's like that's what I think about. And I'm like, oh, that feeling of not being stressed and really believing that things get to work out, things get to be better than I could have imagined has helped me so much in my personal development and just in life. So guys, if you're listening to this episode and you're like, look, I love what you're talking about, but I just like I don't trust or like I can't step into that. I get that, and that's what we teach you in the project. So come and join us. Yeah, because when you can live your life in that way, in that shift, and you can and it's not so much like you're just like ah whatever, like airy fairy lucky goes happy, nothing affects you. Things still affect me and I've got to work through them. But it's just having the tools to work through the thing and sit in that surrender feeling. It's a skill, it's a skill. It's a learned skill like anything. But once you were able to do it, it's seriously it armed you. It arms you, and you're able to go through life in a completely different energy because also tear like the energy of I feel like even like you know, the people of when their energy is oh, I don't really care if I get that thing or not, compared to I must get that thing. Yeah, how much does the energy of oh I must get that thing repel you so much? It's like iky, it's oh, don't try, you know. Like let's say imagine a friend and then like, oh, he's texting you to hang out and they're like really like I want to do this, I want to do that, and you're like stop, give me my space. Compared to the person who's like they're confident in themselves, they catch up some types and they're like, beautiful energy to be around you. Yeah, I want to hang out with that person. And I think so much if you go through life really having attached energy to the things you want, you are honestly going to repel people and the things that you want.
Speaker 2: It's almost like surrenders. The difference between working hard for something and attracting it to you it.
Speaker 1: Is it's like the difference like think it's the difference between like hustle culture and like goddess energy. Yeah, which in saying that, I really want to stress that it's not like manifesting is here wishing and just going I don't care either way, I'm not gonna work for it. There's still involves work. They're still like, of course, where it's the law of doing, we have to do things. But it can just feel so good. Yeah, And when you truly sit in the feeling of I'm not attached to that thing and it is not going to you know, it's not and also like not attaching your self worth to an outcome has been life changing for me. Sucked. It's like it's soul crushing when you attach your worst to an outcome and it doesn't go your way. It is soul crushing. It is in Yeah, if you can step away from that, And it's like, like I said, you can feel the difference in people around you with that attached energy compared to compared to like detachment, it's like cool girl energy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say it's like when you're that kid, because I was this kid in class that always wants to answer the question and you're like, literally, like John's about to.
Speaker 1: Spit her water out? Why can I imagine this though?
Speaker 2: Literally like Amione, that's the only way you can give it Hermione Granger in Gray Potter is like like.
Speaker 1: Waving her hand up so so annoying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, literally, And then there's like a kid that like half puts her hand up that knows the answer. The teacher always picks a person with their hand half up, never the person that wants to actually answer the question. And I used to sit there going why is no one taking me? Like I really want to answer this question?
Speaker 1: And that's the difference. Yeah, step into surrender energy and I always get pictured ow it's a bit honestly, it's a different energy. It's a different way of doing things. And when you can really yeah, step into that, you'll find things just get attracted to you. You won't have to try as hard. Yeah, And it's like, what a fucking beautiful energy to be in. It is. It's pretty good, the energy of twenty twenty three surrender. So I hope you enjoyed this really quick? Was it quicker?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Ah?
Speaker 1: All right, guys, I hope you enjoyed this quick episod about surrender. Like I said, if you want to know more, if you want to step into the energy of surrender, we are all doing it together when the project starts, so makes you check out the show notes for those details. But I will chat to you in my next podcast, Pipe and Out. Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Concer podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community. We're an independent podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform you listen to would be so amazing, And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.