Speaker 1: The pickup Laura, come on, come day, here we go back again.
Speaker 2: You told me I wasn't allowed to say hump day anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm young. I can so you all.
Speaker 2: Tease me about my lingo Mitch and Laura, but then you guys feel like it's okay to say.
Speaker 3: When you want.
Speaker 4: Now, I'm okay with the hump Day extravaganza. It's the Lol canoes that we had a problem with.
Speaker 3: Also, just something about the way you say it, say hump day, hump see. Okay.
Speaker 5: Speaking of words, I don't know if you've seen this. It's just come out mcquarie Dictionary. Every year they released their their word of the year, and we're wrapping up twenty twenty three. They've announced the word of the year this year is cozy lives.
Speaker 6: What Cosey lives?
Speaker 3: You know that means lives isn't about.
Speaker 6: Swimmer's living such a the swimmers are alive swimmers.
Speaker 2: I feel like that's the who's the TV hosts lives?
Speaker 6: I feel like it's like lives.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, but if you if people don't know what the word is, it shouldn't be in the diction.
Speaker 6: Actually that's not true. There's a lot of words in the dictionary.
Speaker 3: I don't know what they are.
Speaker 2: There shouldn't be word of the year. What does Cozi lives? Because surely that's a bikini?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 3: Couse he lives? Is the cost of living?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 6: Stup?
Speaker 3: You know what. I agree with you. It's just you have.
Speaker 2: Never spoken to someone where they're like, hey, how's the cozy lives?
Speaker 6: At the moment, this is okay.
Speaker 4: This is to me a group of dinosaurs, old men who run the dictionary. They're the ones who are like, okay, we're going to put in the words. What are the young people saying? Cause he lives sounds like a good one. Anyway, Well, look, I would like to know if you just started dating, is it okay to run background checks to find out who that person really is? I hope so, because I've done on you two ah, well, what's the limit?
Speaker 6: That's what I would like to know. We're talking about it up next.
Speaker 5: All right, it's on the way plus on the show four four o'clock. One thousand bucks up for grabs. Very exciting, especially considering the Cozy lives.
Speaker 2: So I do like it.
Speaker 6: Act very clever cause he needs to die.
Speaker 3: That's enough.
Speaker 5: Let's start the pickup or thanks to chemists warehouse heading today great savings every day.
Speaker 4: Mitch, you have been dating again. Back on the dating world dating landscape. When you match with someone or you find them on I guess, like say a dating site, do you then go and do a background check on them? Like do you go and find their Instagram or try and find out a bit more about the person?
Speaker 6: Or do you just let it happen spontaneously.
Speaker 3: I just use what's on that app. I feel like that's a bit it's a bit extra if I'm deep diving.
Speaker 2: Don't I Searching on Instagram is equivalent to a backloor.
Speaker 6: Do you or do you google them?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 4: Do you do anything to try and verify who this person is? And are they who they say there? After a couple of days of chatting? If I'm interested, I'll search for a LinkedIn. But that's as far as you're so.
Speaker 6: Full of it.
Speaker 2: I've been with you before, Mitch, where you've seen a name, you're like, quick, put this in Instagram and you google it straighter Google.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm not going to like find the deep deep info at the you know, ancestry dot com.
Speaker 4: All right, well, this might change your mind and maybe you might start going as deep as ancestry dot com. Okay, so there's a woman. She's only twenty eight years old. She met this guy on bumble and they hit it off, had some really great dates, and then after about four weeks there were a couple of red flags that started to display. So one of them was that he kept showing up to dates and he had dog hair.
Speaker 6: All over himself.
Speaker 2: Is that a red flag?
Speaker 3: He just means you got a dog.
Speaker 4: But he didn't have a dog. That's the problem. So she was like, why has he always got dog hair on himself like a dog? And it it'd be weird, like he wouldn't answer his phone. He'd been lying about the dog. No, he wouldn't answer his phone. At certain times he'd be all like so contactable, and then in the evenings he just completely would go silent.
Speaker 3: Love this.
Speaker 4: She would call him and his phone would be off. So there were all these little things that she was like, are not quite adding up. However, she thought he was amazing. She spoke to one of her friends about it. She did a bit of a Google, couldn't find anything, but she spoke to a mum about it, and now there is nothing like a mother scorned and she wanted only the best for her daughter.
Speaker 6: So she did a background check.
Speaker 4: Not only did she find out that he wasn't who he said he was, he was married, he had children, and was living an entirely different life. And so what then happened is that instead of confronting him, she went and confronted his wife and asked the wife because you know what weird flex Yeah, but it could be a situation right where like maybe they're separated, or maybe they're going through a divorce or something.
Speaker 3: Maybe there's an agreement.
Speaker 4: Yeah, anyway, the wife was like, well, this is news to me. I certainly haven't heard any of this before. We're not divorce, we still live together, we have a house.
Speaker 3: And a dog. Is there a dog?
Speaker 6: And there was a dog? Okay, but he was living a completely separate life.
Speaker 2: I mean, I unders, I mean shocking, shocked, but also but also weird to me. The first thing that I'm jumping out is like, why do you buy Why wouldn't you go and ask the guy you're dating, Like why would you bypass that and go and speak to some woman that you googled?
Speaker 4: I mean, what's your point in asking him though he's been lying this whole time anyway, So I mean I do agree. I think it's a pretty ballsy move. But also if he's been lying at the start, surely he's just going to tell another life.
Speaker 3: I think the bigger issue here is the background check on dating. Should we be doing them?
Speaker 2: I reckon some psychopaths. Man, you just said.
Speaker 6: Before that you didn't do anything.
Speaker 2: I google every the shit out of everyone. I didn't say don't do anything, do you?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 4: So it'solute what point, Like what are you looking for when you're googling?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 6: Are you what alarm bells? Are you trying to search for? No?
Speaker 2: No alarm bells. I just love a good Google. I will always go to the Instagram for like just a brief, I brief, go over, but I will I will Google and see what pops up one hundred percent because people aren't going to put on their Instagram. Oh so good to just get out of prison.
Speaker 3: For that felony.
Speaker 2: Like people aren't advertising that, so you have to do a bit more of depth.
Speaker 4: This is interesting because I know someone who actually went through this.
Speaker 6: They match with.
Speaker 4: Someone online on Tinder, and then they did that, they did a Google check and they found out that he was a convicted criminal. I mean, this is rare and it's not happening often.
Speaker 3: But like this stuff does happen, it also doesn't stop people.
Speaker 5: We've had a girl on this show who married a man while he was in prison.
Speaker 2: Everybody deserves Yeah.
Speaker 5: And also I had to break it to you my new guys in Silver Water scate. Lovely dating is d I've just looked up. There's actually websites that like spousespy dot com, spousebusters dot com. There's a website.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can hire private investigators to do the dirty work so you don't have to ask your mum.
Speaker 6: That's wh Why don't we get one on.
Speaker 2: Let's have a chat to one producer Tony.
Speaker 5: Can we got a like spouse spy and get like a pion and you can?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Absolutely, Oh my god, quick, Okay.
Speaker 3: How easy? All right, we'll chat to I. Let's get him on next on the show.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 4: We were just talking about this a little bit earlier, and that was that there is a woman who had been going on a few days. She'd met this guy. Everything was seemingly amazing, and then things started to feel a little bit wrong. There were some red flags. And now it wasn't her who discovered the truth behind his identity. It was her mother who had done a very big, deep dive into a background check on him.
Speaker 6: She found out that he.
Speaker 4: Was married, that he had a dog that he didn't say that he had, that he had kids, he had a whole separate life that he was lying about when he matched with this girl on bubble.
Speaker 2: I love that we make it sound like the dog. Having the dog is like the biggest thing. He had a dog he had not told her about. I think he is the wife that really hit home.
Speaker 3: But that's where I draw the line. The dog.
Speaker 5: Well, then we realized, we did some digging that services exist that allow you to get background checks done on potential partners, like there's websites.
Speaker 3: Spouse spy is one that we found.
Speaker 5: Yes, we actually have joining us now on the line. Anthony may Or may not be his real name. He's a full time private investigator works for spouse spy.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the pickup, Anthony.
Speaker 7: Hey, guys, how are you doing him?
Speaker 6: We're good now, Okay, my question is here.
Speaker 4: Obviously we could get our mums to do the background checks for us, but who is hiring a private investigator.
Speaker 7: Well, all sorts of people come to us, all sorts of people for all types of matters. We do do a lot of background searchers, so do a lot of background checks, and this is something we actually do daily for all types of reasons. A lot of them are along the lines of partners wanted to find out either about potential partners what they've been up to, or even their current partners, our husband's wife, boyfriend's girlfriends, that sort of things, and we do a lot of that and we find out a lot of stuff.
Speaker 2: What Anthony was probably like the craziest thing you found out.
Speaker 7: Look, A lot of the stuff that we do with the background searches, a lot of it also involves surveillance. So what we might find out, we might get some ideas from what we find with background searches, and then we might go and do surveillance and actually follow the person it just to try and through that point. A lot of the things that we tend to find out when we run some of the database searches would include things like, for example, a couple that aren't residing together that the guy says he lives on his own, but he travels a lot.
Speaker 6: So is it a lot of cheating. Is that what we're seeing?
Speaker 7: We do see a lot of cheating. Yes, yes, we see a lot of that. A lot of other relationships, got it.
Speaker 6: Right, okay, people living separate lives.
Speaker 5: Well, I want to know, is there like one service that you can run someone's name through that the general public don't have access to, like you are operating on the dark web, or you just the Instagram linked in Facebook like the rest of us.
Speaker 7: We do all of it, but we also have access to databases that the general public do not. These a professional databases that we pay a lot of money for and these databases provide a lot of different sort of information. We also do the social media in quiries, which a lot of people tend to do that for themselves. That we can dive a little bit deeper than what most people can, so long as as long as the profiles active and open. But there are little tricks that get us in some back doors someday which we won't reveal. But there is a lot of information to be discovered via open source intelligence gathering.
Speaker 2: Anthony, does it sound I mean, I get that a lot of your work is cheating in long term relationships, but is anyone coming to you off the bat, like, before I meet this guy, can you run this name? Like I haven't even gone on a date with him yet, I've just pulled his name off the website. Questionable because there's a lot of dog fair around what's the deal exactly?
Speaker 7: And that's what I said before. A lot of people wanted to get into relationships that just want to make a few inquiries before they take that next step. So yeah, absolutely so if.
Speaker 5: You were to put like Brittany Hockley, Mitch Cherry, Laura Burn through that special magic database, would you be able to get info on us?
Speaker 3: Or have you or can you please?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 7: Funny, funny, you are that Mitch, because before coming on air today, your producer did actually have us conduct the background searches at all three of you.
Speaker 2: Actually, Oh shit, I'm gonna have to resign, aren't I know?
Speaker 6: You don't need to resign, You'll be fine.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well look we did. We did find a lot of information out and a lot of it well look for your privacy and protection, we won't disguise that on air, but what I will say is one of the things that was of interest I won't tell you who, but one of you has had plastic surgery.
Speaker 3: No, not me.
Speaker 6: I know it's not me. Well look at me, it's not me.
Speaker 7: Well are you one hundred potent one of your aligned because the.
Speaker 3: One of the girls, it's got to be one of you girls.
Speaker 2: I reckon, it's you.
Speaker 3: It's not guys, it's not mad. I've never had plastic surgery.
Speaker 2: Although, Laura, your skin and face do look tired.
Speaker 6: I had a face lift. Thanks, guys. Yeah, that's exactly what happened.
Speaker 3: Went to Bali, who actually.
Speaker 7: Not talking about the facelift. It's you what you little liar?
Speaker 6: What did you do?
Speaker 3: Anthony? You're playing? What do you mean?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I had plastic.
Speaker 7: Surgery, Mitch, you had you had plastic surgery when you were very young on your face.
Speaker 6: Mich Yeah, I did.
Speaker 3: Now you did? Kid no, no, no, because I wanted to be an actor and it was so embarrassing.
Speaker 5: I was hit in the head with a pool noodle when I was in the swimming pool as a kid noodle. Yeah, the edges were cauterized, you know how they burned the edges of pool noodle so that so it's hard, and I was hit in the head with it. Playing and it split my head open, and my mum went, Mitch is going to be an actor. So I had to fly to get plastic surgery done. And I got constructive facial surgery done.
Speaker 6: Okay, maybe at the same time. I'm so confused, is there?
Speaker 7: Yeah, he wanted to be an actor but ended up with a head for radios.
Speaker 5: Yeah, comedian as well on the side. That's so interesting. Wow, well thanks for outing me. Anthony will be suing you. Oh your family.
Speaker 2: I'll probably have to.
Speaker 6: Look you up later. Thanks for coming.
Speaker 5: You get him on spousepy if you're worried about someone you're dating.
Speaker 3: That's so interesting.
Speaker 2: Guys, I need to tell you what I did. The dumbest thing. I had, the biggest brain fart of all time. I'm gonna tell you after the break.
Speaker 5: All right, great, I'm sure Anthony already knows about it, but the nation will find out next at the pickup.
Speaker 7: All right.
Speaker 2: I wish this next sentence was not something I say all the time, but unfortunately it is. I did the dumbest thing today. The dumbest thing. I went to the beach with Delilah, my dog, going for a swim. Beautiful weather, crystal clear water like the Maldives, and I didn't have a ball for her, so I was just like I was. It wasn't a beach day where you set up shop, you know, it was like a walk along the ocean.
Speaker 6: That's it. Keep all my stuff on me.
Speaker 2: Impromptu improv. Didn't have a ball, but she really wanted to chase something.
Speaker 3: So I picked up.
Speaker 2: A huge clump of seaweed because she'll chase that. And I was like, I'll just throw it because it's it's quite heavy. So I threw as hard as I could this chunk of seaweed into the ocean, and I just somehow forgot I had my phone in my hand, so I literally, in front of a packed beach, pegged my iPhone into the ocean. It looks like I had just gotten bad news or something.
Speaker 6: I just picked my phone up and threw it.
Speaker 2: And it was in a moment, you know, where you had that realization as it's happening. It was slow emotion. I was just watching it flying. I've got a pretty good arm on meat played some baseball when I was a kid. That phone went flying and I just watched it into the ocean and I was like, this is so embarrassing. So I ran out. No, I ran out and got it. I ran out, scuba dived down to the bottom. Yeah, I pecked it. I picked my phone into the ocean, and then I had to go and get it.
Speaker 3: And I was like, this is ruined my life.
Speaker 2: Because I live on my phone with a skipping stone.
Speaker 6: It did skip yep.
Speaker 2: A couple of cats round stuff somewhere else.
Speaker 4: No, I think they've problem here is that Delilah just didn't go and fetch it and bring it back.
Speaker 6: Only she was more obedient.
Speaker 2: She got the seaweed, and it is now you did she got the seaweed, and.
Speaker 3: Part is your public figure. People would be like, there's the gorgeous epheeal Brick. I know her from TV and radio.
Speaker 5: Hold on, is she having a manic episode throwing her phone into the ocean.
Speaker 6: What did you do in that moment when people were watching.
Speaker 4: Did you run straight out to go and get it, be like oop or did you just kind of like pretend it.
Speaker 6: I actually sort of tried to blay it cool.
Speaker 2: I just like you're like so funny and was like meander out there and I was like trying to get it. But I've always wanted to test the iPhones if they were. This is not sponsored to test the iPhones if they were actually waterproof. And I pulled my phone out and it was completely fine. It so good, didn't even turn off for a second, salt water bottom of the ocean. It had Nemo swimming around it, sting rays over the top of it, and water tight.
Speaker 4: Can I say, let's just be very clear, only the new ones. If you have an old one, don't go throwing it in the ocean. Right now, they are very different.
Speaker 5: I remember back in the day when the rice tech was just emerging, like when we all started getting iPhones. I had like an iPhone four. I dropped it in the pool and I came home my iPhone and Mum's like I've seen on the news. You got to put it in rice and the rice will absorb the water and it will work.
Speaker 6: It absolutely works. I just did it with my laptop back to normal.
Speaker 5: It didn't work for me because it was so new in that trend that my mum had put it in a bag of microwave ready rice.
Speaker 6: It was already cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was Uncle Ben. She literally put it in like.
Speaker 6: She put more moisture on it.
Speaker 3: Totally.
Speaker 6: Was it the plane one of the spice one.
Speaker 5: No, I cried answering my phone for the next month because I had turmeric in my eyes flavored phone.
Speaker 4: Do you know, although I say this rice, it fixes everything. So, like I just said, my laptop it was swimming in water in my handbag because my kids drink bottle opened up.
Speaker 6: I put it in rice for two days. Perfect.
Speaker 2: Wow, that is weird because I think it was only supposed to be phones for a whole laptop.
Speaker 4: Who lap And you know, I think that you could just put anything in rice. If you're having a bad day, just get into a little bag of rice. Having a mental breakdown since some rice.
Speaker 3: Well, so the pig brought to you by rice. Everybody, we really want to thank our just.
Speaker 4: Uncooked right, sure, it's not ready to go, long brain bas Marti.
Speaker 3: Whatever you can get taken alrighty, run next on the show. It's not rice. It's one thousand dollars cash up for ground.
Speaker 6: You can buy a lot of rice with that.
Speaker 5: It's a lot of rice if you want it. Where are doing? What's in your bag? We've done it all week. It's all thanks to the brand new Binge original drama series Strife, all about the Life of mea Freeman from Mama Mia Very.
Speaker 2: It's got Ash Kenny and it's brilliant.
Speaker 5: If you're a game to rummage through your handbag on the air thirteen one sixty five Get a thousand bucks cash. Next, we've been talking about the brand new Binge original drama series Strife all week. It's brand new starring Asha Ketty. It's from the producers of Big Little Lies. It's on Binge December sixth. It's all about the life of Mea Friedman.
Speaker 4: Oh, she's amazing Mia Friedman, who's from Mamma Mia. She had the very first women's focused website and she's got an incredible media company off the back of it.
Speaker 6: I am so excited to watch this series.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and Asha Ketty who starts and it's one of my favorite Australian actresses.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she's phenomenal.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: It's all about like women living very busy lives, professional successful busy lives.
Speaker 3: You guys do it. I see my mum doing. I cry talking about it. But I also see on the show.
Speaker 5: Every week we get callers to call through and rummage through their bag to show us what they have inside and what makes them get through their business.
Speaker 4: I mean the best part of all of this, though, is that we have one thousand dollars to give away.
Speaker 7: We do.
Speaker 5: Let's get Kelly on thirteen one o sixty five. Hi Kelly your game to rummage.
Speaker 3: Through your bag?
Speaker 8: Yes, I'm so ready.
Speaker 6: Hi Kelly Elly, thanks for gotten there.
Speaker 8: I have a much harder because I absolutely love having my much. Accuse, when I drop my kids off, I've got a jelly tat toy because I'm taking my youngest daughter to an appointment and she's really nervous, and jelly tat bashful bunnies are my absolute favorite.
Speaker 6: I have an ors she in my bag, so I feel you. I've got one in there just in case.
Speaker 8: Yeah, They're always good and my daughters love them. And I've got my wallet, who is all my cars and everything. I have my sanitary products because you know, and essential. You never know essential. I've got a go because sometimes it's quite cold. I've got my makeup bag just a little touch up.
Speaker 2: How are you carrying a suitcase around? Kelly?
Speaker 6: This looks like a wheeling.
Speaker 3: You have a house, It's what do you live out of this thing?
Speaker 8: No? No, I make sure everything fists. I've got a really great bag and everything so perfectly. I just need to carry everything around with me wherever I go, and I love it.
Speaker 2: How many kids do you have, Kelly, You've got a lot of kids things in there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I've got three daughters, three beautiful girls. How old I've got one in year nine, one in year ten, and I've got one in year fourth. One's taking to an appointment this afternoon.
Speaker 4: Well, this is why your bag is so full and sounds like a Mary Commons bag, And that's because you are trying to juggle everything at the same time.
Speaker 5: You know, you know what, you need to find some room in that bag. For a thousand bucks cash, we're sending it your way. Congratulations so much.
Speaker 2: What are you going to do with a thousand dollars cash, Kelly.
Speaker 8: Well, I really would love to take my mother to the Royal Ballet, because of course moveth I know she every wants to go, but I'm not spending all my children.
Speaker 2: Kelly, You're the first person that's probably given us an honor stands and most people are like, oh, I'd love to spend on something else, but I'll give you to the kids.
Speaker 6: But you're like, no, I'm.
Speaker 8: Going out of my.
Speaker 6: What an angel a trampoline for my kids?
Speaker 1: I go.
Speaker 3: I don't believe if.
Speaker 6: You're older your kids will spend their money on you. But maybe not.
Speaker 5: Ye, you'll get a good retirement home. Fingers crushed. All right, well, you stay busy, enjoy your enjoy cash.
Speaker 3: We'll send it out.
Speaker 8: Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Thanks Kelly, I'm happy.
Speaker 5: Thank you get another thousand bucks later in the Week's.
Speaker 6: Tomorrow celebrating all the busy women.
Speaker 5: Hey, yep, okay, if you missed any of the show, we had a background check run on us live on the air.
Speaker 3: One of us has had plastic surgery.
Speaker 6: But no one will admit to it.
Speaker 3: Well, you can.
Speaker 5: Find out who out of three of us on the podcast. Search to pick up on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 6: We'll see tomorrow everywhere again shat out