Speaker 1: Imagine, if you will, that you are in a place of great beauty. Some teenage boys walk past you, they yell out, they bitch tits. The world you see is a place of paradox of beauty and cruelty. It will cut you off at the knees, then gift you a pair of easies. And that, my friends, is why always always.
Speaker 2: Strap fell off and now I can't talk.
Speaker 1: Probably look tag down strap right down, both of her out.
Speaker 2: I should post that video only fans.
Speaker 1: Only, fans only, bucks only. Huh hello, valveoitok a nude only fans of the buck up and people have.
Speaker 2: To pay to watch two zips you and two.
Speaker 1: Zips PM record this is what's going on. Yeah, it's all episode.
Speaker 2: Come on. I'm actually surprised you have never been to a nudist thing. Oh no, and in fact, you give off nudist vibes.
Speaker 1: You would agree, No, I think I give off prudish But I.
Speaker 2: Would say I think anyone listening would wouldn't be surprised if one day you said you you and Steve, Steve, you're so peace. You and Pete were driving looking for a door in the country. They bought some blueberries and before we knew it.
Speaker 1: We were in a river, Well, we would in a river, we would we just dank okay, so barely barey. I wouldn't even do that, but Peter won't. Look he she comes, She's got to push me, push out of the way.
Speaker 2: You always walk your camera, you block my camera. I see what's happening. But what games you?
Speaker 1: But why doesn't she do it at the start? She she is such a fringe me a steam producer.
Speaker 2: Personality type one.
Speaker 1: Dressed in the clothes of an eight year old boy.
Speaker 2: Have you ever been nude in a lake? Oh? Yeah, I love getting my ket off?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, she's really a hot seatps.
Speaker 2: That actually really surprised me. Then it so you reckon off nudict five?
Speaker 1: Yeah I do.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry? Do I clearly no, I've never seen me naked, so as if I'm going to allow strangers.
Speaker 1: So the first time we ever went away together for work, which was years ago, we went to New Orleans. You got Nudi Rudy, and you know what she used to do, and this was she's outgrown this. Now, this was such an abomination. She slept in a g string. Wow, give that a sound effect.
Speaker 2: I don't know which one. Yes, you know what it deserves that I reckon, mate, Kim was wearing one when you did that little jazz scat.
Speaker 1: To sleep in a in a g string is so weird.
Speaker 2: I can't sleep in socks unaware of any kind.
Speaker 1: Nothing that is trying to eat you, nothing that's in ye.
Speaker 2: All my nooks free?
Speaker 1: Yes, me too, not totally free, looks free covered under the cab. Yeah, I'm not sleeping totally naked.
Speaker 2: T shirt only? Oh are you T shirt only?
Speaker 1: Nothing?
Speaker 2: No, no nooks.
Speaker 1: Okay you know why as well, because we I think we've discussed this before. If you have children in the house, dates an end to your sleeping naked. Okay, if you have little children, there's many times when you have to leap into action when you least expect it to read. Yes, your knooks have to be covered. Some people, I'm sure, are happy to go all dangle in front of the kids. No, thank you, but that wasn't us.
Speaker 2: It's a nude house. We call that when people grow.
Speaker 1: Up in Yes. But anyway, so when in a previous life, an ex boyfriend of mine had an uncle and an aunt who were neudousts. They were card players and they were at the same time at the newdous place they would have done. I don't like mu go over to play cards with them.
Speaker 2: I feel nervous playing uno completely.
Speaker 1: The uncle always said to me, Oh, you've got to come up. And it was somewhere you know, it's always in a strange place. There's a river, and it's always near the border. A state boarder's uncle.
Speaker 2: Uncle in the regional parts.
Speaker 1: Of some He suggested it too often to me and Eve mean evidence. Yeah, it just was not It wasn't right.
Speaker 2: You know what I think social license, you can only invite someone to be nude once. That's enough, and if the answer is no, you can't keep inviting that same person.
Speaker 1: I'm going to take that even further.
Speaker 2: Hu.
Speaker 1: And you know we're not like that. We lessen, but we don't judge. We judge. We are so judged.
Speaker 2: We've never done our judgment episode. Oh we have to do it where we were just going to list everyone that we judge. Oh, my goodness, your famous quote. You were going to slut shame up and down the highway.
Speaker 1: It's right, Oh, it's all in front of us.
Speaker 2: We'll do it.
Speaker 1: So I don't think you ever even invite to a newdist place. I think it's enough that you know that I go to a nudists place. Okay, if you want to come somewhere you would say, hey, that sounds great. I'd like to leave some smears on a vinyl chair. That's why I had to ask sush. I had to ask him what he is? Do they have to you have to walk around? I find this so gross. You have to walk around with a hat.
Speaker 2: That is one of the worst things I've ever heard.
Speaker 1: Like, and I'm like, are you doing it like a mature a d with it over your arm? Or is it you can't tuck it in a pocket.
Speaker 2: And once you use it, where do you put it?
Speaker 1: Correct?
Speaker 2: And then if it's I know, yeah, I'm sorry if there was any tiny percentage of me that was like maybe one day this little towel story, because it's done correct.
Speaker 1: Because otherwise what are you going to do? Are you you? If you never sit down? Well, that's not me. I don't like to stand.
Speaker 2: Surely you are aware your nap was so big last week that your kids asked you if you were okay? I mean, hey, buckheads, if you're a nerdist, please send us some dm us on a happened to the nerdist they used to get You know why nineties TV used to love nudists. They always like use them on shows. There was naked news always like there's a whole thing about new remember naked news.
Speaker 1: Even to the norts, there was naked news.
Speaker 2: God naked news.
Speaker 1: Yes, European or Canadian on foxtowel, Yeah, that's having. I think they were Canadian.
Speaker 2: Working over news. So it wasn't I actually wasn't.
Speaker 1: It was women.
Speaker 2: There was all the women doing it. Oh you could talk about look a tea towel. I can't talk about it.
Speaker 1: What happened? Other people do not from within. You were inside the tent.
Speaker 2: In two thousand and four.
Speaker 1: You know, I enjoy you so much because I imagine you like a kindle. That's and you imagine me similarly.
Speaker 2: If we ended up at a newdist resort camp, I don't know if we'd ever be able to look at each other in the eye ever again, well the other the eyes?
Speaker 1: Do you know what? You know what stops me from being a nerdest what vanity?
Speaker 2: Hmmm? I don't even like watching the clips of us do this podcast on our Instagram, let alone like now.
Speaker 1: And also because I've had four children, I've had four cesareans. You know, with clothes on, I'm very confident. But as soon as I have to take it off, and you know, I've got more us at the front than I do at the back. Like that stuff. Nobody likes that. And I know they always say, oh, it's not about it's just nobody's judging your body. Yes I am, I am. I'm judging everybody else's.
Speaker 2: Do you do that thing when you get out of the show, quick look in the mirror, quick Wick and run, My dear Run.
Speaker 1: Is two things. Who's in modern hotels where they have an open shower with no like no ca.
Speaker 2: You're bringing up her a visceral memory of Cody and I staying in a hotel room where, for some reason, the designer of the hotel thought, you know what, couples need to watch the shadow figure of their partner on the toilet. It was just like throwned glass and if you went and something the toilet, your party could see your silhouette.
Speaker 1: It is terrible. We stayed at a place in Holland, in Amsterdam, and it was so expensive. We took mum and dad to Holland with us, so the kids could see where my dad came from. It was a great trip, beautiful hotel. But for some reason they went, oh, you know what, this couple, this woman who's born four children and had them untimely ripped from her belly. You know what she needs. She needs her husband who has to find it desirable to see her standing like a sack full of puppies under a dream. It's gives give me a shower, screen, give me some mistique, give me mood.
Speaker 2: Another room, give me mood, another room for the shower, and you know.
Speaker 1: What else I'm going to sum up this. I was thinking the other day, what you know, the younger people are like the younger generation. They've got their own language. They're blah blah blah. They don't know how it is you know what. I thought, you know what experienced they will never have, and I really felt for them, even though it's also really dangerous one They will never know how it is to scorch a hole in a scarf, draping it over a lamp, trying to make mood lighting because now the bulbs, now the bulbs are not hot.
Speaker 2: There's no that doesn't go where I thought it was.
Speaker 1: But there's no hot bowl.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I thought you know the bulbs are cold.
Speaker 2: I have no memory of anyone done that. I have no memory of anyone ever doing that.
Speaker 1: How old are you? When you travel? I always have a wrong and several scarves, no matter how bleak the lighting I always make. I like moodlight. Okay, it's beauty.
Speaker 2: You packed it for that, or you like and you would wear it anyway.
Speaker 1: Don't be so curious about what I'm doing with my but so right, it's this you feigning interests. I'm going to be really interested in everything she has.
Speaker 2: Well, do I think everyone's interested that you've just admitted that you would wear something that was also doubling up as a lamp shade come sexy time.
Speaker 1: Of course, and that you're but not even for sexy time, just for loveliness in your room.
Speaker 2: Or I fell for a light online the other day hasn't arrived yet. It's probably going to be awful.
Speaker 1: Is it from that website that's got all the beautiful.
Speaker 2: It came up in my TikTok algorithm that and I have to get it. It's this like doughnut looking kind of thing, but it makes the wall go like a lovely orange.
Speaker 1: Oh that's Is it a wall line?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it's on the phone and it goes.
Speaker 1: So I go to the wall lamp or you go, yes, you put it on. What do you want? Oh? I love it. I'll come over and see it.
Speaker 2: We'll see, all right. What were we talking about?
Speaker 1: I can't remember?
Speaker 2: Oh you nude?
Speaker 1: Care I've got to tell you I did it what I took the assignment? I returned the pineapple nude? Give me a give me something. By the way, my husband's in love with that.
Speaker 2: It's pretty funny.
Speaker 1: He's in love with and you know what that means. Listening hello, Pep, So don't listen to the bit about me in the shower. I look hot. You've married a goddess. Oh no, I don't want him to hear that.
Speaker 2: That's fine for pineapple. Okay, we wait with baited breath.
Speaker 1: All right, So listens to the pod. Will know we had a discussion lengthy. It was a big dilemma. Can you return an eight dollar pineapple so much that was inedible?
Speaker 2: What did you're leaving out the bit that you had it for a whole week?
Speaker 1: No, because I didn't have to have time to go return it and also, I was just I had to wait till I saw you.
Speaker 2: And it's a good the amount of times we get home with a.
Speaker 1: Bit of fruit, a brown avocado that.
Speaker 2: Lets us down. But in the avocada's at least not lying to you. It kind of tells you what's going on with its skin. Pineapples are sus they're sly.
Speaker 1: All right. This was I'm going to say, hand on hard one of the most human humiliating experiences I have ever had in my life.
Speaker 2: Were you wearing a sarong?
Speaker 1: No, but I had been to yoga. What happened was I had put it off and put it off and put it off, and I left it until Sunday, right.
Speaker 2: And you would also cut it open.
Speaker 1: I'd cut it open. That's how knew it was inedible when I was trying to make a fruit platter and to take to someone's house. And that was when I got a beam. Anyway, so I was going to go on the way to yoga. I went, get it done, get it done. Then I didn't. Then I went out saw my mom and I still had it hanging out of my head. I went, I must return it.
Speaker 2: Where was it in the car front seat? Down the bottom of the.
Speaker 1: Front seat in a bag wrapped in glad wrap. Yeah, I know it around me with your little pie, with my pie.
Speaker 2: That was my car. I'd have to put the seat belt on it. So the alarm with the little beer.
Speaker 1: Yes, it didn't weigh enough to set off the beeper anyway. So I go into the shop, and I told you it's one of those really rich fruit and bead shops. Beautiful. Everything I've ever had there pretty well has been stunning, except the pineapple. Anyway. So I go in and luckily, even though it's a Sunday, it wasn't crowded. Normally it's so crowded with people getting I'll get the salad.
Speaker 2: Off with people pineapple.
Speaker 1: No one's ever returned anything to them. I could tell when I went in there. So I go in there and there's three people behind the counter. Lovely, you never have to wait for give me.
Speaker 2: Turns up. I've tensed up. I'm pinching my.
Speaker 1: Own I'm terrible, and I had I was a bit buoyed after yoga. I was like, okay, I can do this. This is quite your bendy reasonable. This is a reasonable thing. Anytime you have bought something from a merchant and you're dissatisfied with it anyway. So there was a guy behind There was a guy behind the canna, a youngish guy, and so I went up to him first and I said hi. I said, I've got to do something really strange. And he went, oh, yes, I'm not looking at you. Go on, I have to return. I have to return. And with a flourish I produced him from the bag this painapple.
Speaker 2: Did you put in a little accent, sir?
Speaker 1: I look at him and he said he was so shocked, like I got a glimpse of myself through the eyes of others and it was like, it's not anyway. And he goes, oh like that, And I said, I bought it. I said, I bought it a couple of weeks ago or ten days ago. And I said it was inedible. It was not wrong. It was so not ripe that you couldn't eat it at all. And I said, and I just thought to myself, it's eight dollars. You're in the fruit and beg business I'm going to do.
Speaker 2: Did you check if anyone was filming this to go viral? Those Karens and the wild TikTok.
Speaker 1: Accounts terrible even now the memory of it, and look, I'm going I'm blushing.
Speaker 2: Same and I'm not even there.
Speaker 1: Okay, but the principle is a correct one.
Speaker 2: Whenever someone tells a story and they say it's the principal, it's it's a red flag.
Speaker 1: So than huh, he went, I don't know what to do. No one goes I don't know what to do. And I was like, well, I don't know what to do, but it was your idea to sell fruit and vegetables to people, so I'm assuming anyway. Then this woman next to him took over, young again, older than him though, and now I've got an enemy. I've I've gotten an enemy. I'm going to say for life, an enemy for life, not a major enemy. It's not Putin and Zelensky level stuff, but it is upper it's not good. It's not good, and I'll tell you why. And at the end of this, I think she'll be your enemy as well. Okay. So she said to me, so you know how you tell it for pineapples ripe and I said, yes, I do. I didn't say I'm from Queensland. Was trying to be just. I went, yeah, I do. I said, She said, you pull one of the one of the pointy spears out and I said, yes, one of the spines. But I said, I couldn't do that because you cut the top off it. Now we're giving into the right. And then she said, oh, oh, I see, I see, and she went okay, and I anyway, and she goes, oh, no, no, then you can turn it over and down the bottom and therese she starts trying to pull it with something.
Speaker 2: The pineapple piple ones at.
Speaker 1: The thing and I said, but I said, what would be the point of that, because it's not ripe. And she said, well, then you'd know it's not ripe, and you'd know not to buy it. And I'm like, well, why are you selling it in your shop? This is what happened. She was in trap. It's so terrible, And she said it's like I said, so why are you selling them if they're not right? Because they don't ripen out of the I didn't say. My podcast partner told me that. And then the guy goes, yeah, that's right, they don't ripe. And once they've been picked. It was so terrible.
Speaker 2: All this conclusion here.
Speaker 1: Okay, So then she goes, well, I'll I don't quite know how to do this, and I said, oh, you know what, I'll get this bottle of mandarin juice. It was two dollars more than the pineapple. I'm like, I'm not asking for my money back. I just don't want to be I don't want to travel through life mend ain juice, fresh squeezed, fresh squeezed.
Speaker 2: I've just never heard of someone going, you know, I could smash what a glass of mandarin jo It's.
Speaker 1: Very nice and they didn't have orange, but the smell. Yeah, it's unusual. There'd be a lot of juicing. Someone's got RSI. Do you know what, when do you hear about people having RSI? Now you don't. Once upon a time like scorching a scarf with a too hot lamp, making mood lighting. It was all the rage.
Speaker 2: And they said yes, they agreed. And so she said, to you getting this discussing drink and.
Speaker 1: Then she said to me, and this is the bit that I took exception to. She said, so next time you'll know how to pick a right one. And I said to her, I was sort of like, I don't know that this attitude is quite correct, even though I'm insane. No, no, I was thinking to myself something in me.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, I know what I'm insane, but I don't like your behavior or your attitude.
Speaker 1: No, because she's so don't tell me. I said to her, I said, wouldn't it be easier for you guys who were in the fruit and vege business? That's all you do to not sell? Right, bineapple? That was the bit. And that was that was that was too much? And she goes, it's just that there's so many of them. They're like avocados.
Speaker 2: Well they're not.
Speaker 1: And I said, I didn't say, but I said to myself, I would talking to.
Speaker 2: Yourself in the story because.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to be nice. I could have annihilated her. I could have, but I didn't because I was trying to be nice. I was trying to be a nice lady.
Speaker 2: Proud of you.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I left there and I went with the Jew. And then she said, and this was the bit. This was the bit that really she said, So we'll do it this time, but we won't do it again.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, is your inference that I travel around that I travel around the streets going to freaky but.
Speaker 2: You secretly juice the fineapple? But take it the hask I've reproduced it, and whenever you tell me one of these stories. I also think sometimes maybe some of these people involved in your adventures might recognize you, and then you leave the store and they go.
Speaker 1: And then I think about it. I don't care. I'm like, so when I left, so before that, when we'd had the discussion, I was like, I'm not sure can I return? And I don't know. I don't know, but now I'm so indignant about it. I want to call the AG. I want a proper policy on it. I want to know, because.
Speaker 2: You know what this should be on his first week.
Speaker 1: It won't be easy, but it won't under whatever PM for life.
Speaker 2: That's what he should be thinking about this week.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this is my takeaway.
Speaker 2: Cracking down on unripe.
Speaker 1: Pineapple from her. So this is when I came home. I told Beater.
Speaker 2: About over your glass. I couldn't go.
Speaker 1: The kids loved it. It was much sweeter than the orange juice because it's new season oranges. Anyway, this is the last thing I'll say. Okay, So basically what she was saying to me was, we can sell you any shit, lady, and you have to take it. That's basically what she was saying. So I can go into their what other place of business as that as their model, we can sell you anything rotten, old, underripe or quality. And she's not going to She's not going to take it back. What that says I said to Peter is that the and he goes. I think he was the poor guy. But now I'm really indignant about it. We can tell, but returning the partner gave me a back up. Yes, she's fucked, But can I go into that shop now just as a normal custom Oh?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't under any circumstances. You know, we don't judge on this pod. May we don't judge. I didn't judge you one that whole story, except for the Mandarin juice.
Speaker 1: Mandarin juice is delicious.
Speaker 2: Might have to do something, might have to double in it.
Speaker 1: I'll get your bottle. How's the dabbler?
Speaker 2: But you know how I always smell fragrances a lot when I'm bored.
Speaker 1: One of them.
Speaker 2: A Mandarin's always lovely, nice little do you know what is not? I don't mind.
Speaker 1: There's not enough of in the world when it comes to fragrances. And we live in a time when people are so heavily over fragranced.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I'm like, thank you, after I've made you.
Speaker 1: You were sudden. I had to get up really close to you. You're not an over sprayer.
Speaker 2: Two Spray's Marx.
Speaker 1: The fifteen year old boys are really big.
Speaker 2: On alright, dedorant though, or fragrance.
Speaker 1: Anything they get their hands. They just think mare is more. There's not enough pair fragrance, dunning. Fragrance very hard to find, and there's not enough. And this is a classic stunning green Apple.
Speaker 2: I've got one. I've got one. I'll bring it in next week.
Speaker 1: You've got green Apple.
Speaker 2: I told Sash before I did this thing online the other day where I bought it was a bit spency, but who cares. It was like one hundred and twenty bucks. And I selected like fifteen testers of this brand I like from France, oh called Gallagher Fragrance. And there was a few apples involved. There were apples, Yeah, there was one I put on the other day. This is going to sound disgusting, but I was like, oh, I'm into this, you ready, Yeah, plumb sounds disgusting, doesn't it. That's disgusting. And then I had a little double. I, Oh, didn't mind it.
Speaker 1: You know, a prune is a dried plum? Oh is it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So we don't judge on the bucky.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, but I took one for the team. If I had I was moving on this show, I wouldn't have done that. I'm just sat given.
Speaker 2: You the confidence. We've bucked you into it.
Speaker 1: I I'm proud of you. Do you think it was?
Speaker 2: I didn't actually think you're going to do it.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that absolutely was as soon as you left it. Like there's that woman from the show on.
Speaker 1: TV's mental anyway. I would like correspondence from our buckwits, because this is really we don't know. We don't know what's right or what's wrong, don't we? So are you saying the same thing. I've just got to wear it. I just want to know.
Speaker 2: No, I'm very proud of you for doing it, and I feel that hearing that story means none of us will ever do that, and that's good.
Speaker 1: Never do it, never ever do it? Okay, good? Good, that's good, isn't it. I've taken one for the team.
Speaker 2: I often talk about being scammed on this podcast.
Speaker 1: No, not again, not me, not me, not the dabler.
Speaker 2: Not the dabbler. And I don't judge people to get scamed.
Speaker 1: No, no, because it's everyone is for the grace of God. It's like judging people for dying. It's waiting for.
Speaker 2: All of us where and when come on the Darwin Awards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but even so, I'm like, those people are often doing interesting things like jumping from the twelve floor of that guy that hotel into a swimming pool, you know, those sorts of things.
Speaker 2: That footage the other day of that that thought it was a crocodile statue, but it was a real crocodile, and he had a little posy pose and snappy snap. He didn't die though, but yeah, looked that up.
Speaker 1: I mean, he thought it was a.
Speaker 2: Statue, a crocodile statue in a crocodile farm on in the pen and he thought.
Speaker 1: It was Was he in the pin with the crocodile. Well, that's all automatically strange. And what did it get of him?
Speaker 2: They tried to do the death roll on him, you know they do the death bed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did it grab him way out?
Speaker 2: But I think he'd been detoothed the croc Yeah, because it was one of those you know, not very nice.
Speaker 1: But it's just the force of their jaw. I think could really snap.
Speaker 2: So I remember doing a gig in dar One a couple of years ago, and god, that's an interesting, amazing place. If you can go to.
Speaker 1: Darwin, brilliant. I went to a wedding there once, Peter and I did. Yes, it was so amazing.
Speaker 2: I got to do the Darwin Festival a couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: What happens there.
Speaker 2: One of the best gigs I've ever had.
Speaker 1: It's one of the most international places you will ever go. Like little You're like, am I in Australia and it's so hot and tropical. It's just it's like you're.
Speaker 2: Heat is unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Though, like ab preci and people go tropo. The expression going tropo actually happens up there. They use it to describe people who have gone absolutely.
Speaker 2: Back once that sun goes down a bit beautiful place.
Speaker 1: Why are we talking about Darwin?
Speaker 2: I was going to say there was a croc farm there. We went during the day for some fun and I'm just like, what is wrong with the humans of the world. You can pay money to go in a tube and you're in the snorkeling gear and then you go down with the tube into the croc water and all the crocs swim around you, but you're protected by some plastics.
Speaker 1: And also croc water is filthy water British. Oh yeah, they were doing it all young drug backpackage jumping.
Speaker 2: And what's really funny is I kind of worked out that I think everyone's watching waiting for something. Oh of course, like they've built a whole viewing area.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh, no, bridges, cupkeep from a crap brigs that's got nicknames.
Speaker 2: Scammers, the naughty scam, a woman I don't know, okay, in a in a in a brilliant way, listen to a woman and you've got to listen to the very end because there's something at the end. It's the real hook here on This.
Speaker 3: British woman has lost her life savings to scammers who tricked her into believing that she was in a two year relationship.
Speaker 1: Oh I know.
Speaker 3: Christ was frauded of more than twenty two thousand dollars after con artists used AI generated photos, deceitful messages, and telegram calls to catfish her. Despite saying she is not a fool. The forty four old gave four hundred dollars a month in crypto contact when the impostors claimed the television star had been kidnapped.
Speaker 4: And I just kept going and going and oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: That story just kept going.
Speaker 2: He got kidding.
Speaker 1: I think, do you think she cut them off then because she's like, there's no way I can raise forty million dollars, or because she then went this sounds a bit far feet, But she.
Speaker 2: Can't be too stupid because she's got crypto and understands how that works.
Speaker 1: And she could have done it on her phone.
Speaker 2: That's already one.
Speaker 1: Even crypto. She's got crypto.
Speaker 2: Do you have crypto?
Speaker 1: She's got crypto?
Speaker 2: Sorry theory our podcast produced a tech.
Speaker 1: Bro No, no, think it's a plank. But somehow managed.
Speaker 2: I don't understand.
Speaker 1: Crypto having cryptied like my dog having crypto. Somehow she managed to press the right.
Speaker 2: But you know what you should have done, got some crypto for your pineap That's what you should have done. Instead of the amandain Jews should have asked.
Speaker 1: For some then they really I'm so.
Speaker 2: So forty doctor Chris Brown in the world, we know the Brad Pitt.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I thought that was going to be that one, right.
Speaker 2: And no, Hey, I gig. I did a gig with dtor Chris Brown only a few weeks ago. A lovely gentleman, A lovely man. How did he get out of no offense? Maybe that's who they thought kidnapped him me at a gig no offense to doctor Chris Brown. But I just thought, if you were going.
Speaker 1: To gig what you're doing with Chris Brown.
Speaker 2: We did that thing for the roast of Carry Bickmore, the Carry and Tommy Sholder Radio. I would just think if I was a scammer, wouldn't you go to the brad Pits of the world. Who's the scammer going, doctor Chris Brown.
Speaker 1: But they've made it believable, they've this woman no matter. Obviously you've got a bit quite a low ebb to get sapped in by a romance scammer. You're obviously for something, do you know what I mean? Like? But even at your lower you're like, oh, I probably couldn't pull brad Pitt, but I could, I'd have it. I'd have a good shot with the bond divete.
Speaker 2: What the show is there that's the big hit in the UK?
Speaker 1: Oh? Is that still assuming because now here's a new bond Divet and she's on the Real Housewives. What Sydney, there's she's a bond Divett. Yeah, she's the bond divet on also on Real Housewives. Don't quote me. She could be the bond Divet or she could be a vet in Bond.
Speaker 2: I don't think they've recast the bond Divet.
Speaker 1: No, there is no Bondivet anymore.
Speaker 2: Oh it's gone.
Speaker 1: No, he's finished. She doesn't want to do it anymore. Fair enough, But what's he doing?
Speaker 2: Ask him? Or he's been kidnapped?
Speaker 1: Did they show her?
Speaker 2: They did show her and there was a cat in the photo. Well there was.
Speaker 1: Why do you mate that's out because she's a cat woman.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'm just saying there was a cat in the photo. And they could have chosen any pick.
Speaker 1: That's why she loved the bondover. She loves animals and puse Puss needed some tending to and she went he's the man for the job.
Speaker 2: But no judgment on the buck. It's also a warning you're getting a d M from Dr Chris Brown. It's not him four hundred bucks a month.
Speaker 1: The romance of all the scammers, the romance scammers hit the hardest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we all deep down know there was a time that you probably would have formed for something.
Speaker 1: At the time, and the time is in the future. What's coming on where you'll fall for it? I have fallen And as you know, I've dabbled with online scammers and they are so do you know what I'm going to say? I still miss my romance scammers. I miss Nico who sang to me. My husband isn't singing to me, but Nicko I would sing to me. He listened to me.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 1: Baby? He would say? Oh, yes, anyway, only who That is quite incredible, isn't it.
Speaker 2: I forgot to say something to you last week? What's that Happy Mother's Day?
Speaker 1: Oh? And we forgot to say it to the mother? No?
Speaker 2: And do you know what we are up ourselves that we just come in here and get us us us topics, topics topics, and.
Speaker 1: Then we're the ones that do the po happy Mother's Day? Who else would we talk about if not ask.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite Mother's Day gift you've ever received? Come on? Or my most.
Speaker 1: Memorable on last Mother's Day? As in the one who just passed what happened because I ended up in hospital Hello with my youngest. Okay, so that was very memorable. I'll always remember that. Thanks Yanni, Yanni. You know, the kids were so beautiful. I was hitting for them most glorious. And people who listen who are parents will know that the road of parenthood is such a rough and unpredictable path. There's you know, divots and potholes and whatever. Then you hit a smooth bit of bitumen and then suddenly you're careering off and then there's road works, and it's very unpredictable. So when you hit a bit of a sweet spot, which I seem to have done on Mother's Day, it just goes to show you can never have any arrogance as a parent. I thought this is great and then it all went tits up, so I got so the kids were so beautiful. Yarni the youngest made me cinnamon scrolls yum. Yeah from scratch, thank you, which was a throwback because Sunday started wanting them when we were living in Italy and did even make the everything. Everything was frosting, the cream, cheese, frosting. That's so beautiful. So he made those sash was at my place when Sunday came home on Friday night, Saturday nightlower with flowers.
Speaker 2: It's all going on. It was just beautiful. She paid for them.
Speaker 1: Yeah wow, And she's barely got a job.
Speaker 2: That's huge. We all know how that normally worked.
Speaker 1: My moment.
Speaker 2: Lynn of course, used to work at the mother's day stall at the primary school, and so when it was my class's turn to go down to the hall, she had to leave the room. Remember that, okay, And don't give you five bucks in the morning.
Speaker 1: This was something that I couldn't get over. At school. There's still a mother's day stall, and they do your father's day stall. The mothers run the mother's day stall and the mothers run the father's day stall.
Speaker 2: Well do you want it to happen? Do you want to get your mug or your.
Speaker 1: Little I've still got a little crystal ring. Oh bizz that I've got little crystal pineapple. Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: And I could see into the future, Master, my mom's going to end up being that crazy pineapple woman that's got a picture of her at the fridge.
Speaker 1: I go there, there's a photo of me. I just I feel like you two have found me in the wrong here.
Speaker 2: No, I am all this. I'm proud of you, but I've also taken on the anxiety of that situation.
Speaker 1: Even now I'm a flop sweat about it.
Speaker 2: My shoulders haven't dropped.
Speaker 1: Sign. It's like I've been on an airline and there's some terrible turbulence.
Speaker 2: You've been in economy.
Speaker 1: I've just been Yeah, I've just been thrown into some disarray anyway. And then so I went to yoga in the morning, and then I went out to see my mum, and then I came home Sunday made me lunch, which was stunning.
Speaker 2: Have the cinnamon scrolls before after yoga?
Speaker 1: No, I'd had them the night before and that I think I had one that morning.
Speaker 2: And they for breakfast.
Speaker 1: Everything was so gorgeous. And then I'm like, I'm going to have a nap and then I'm going to go out and see my mother in law. And then Lewis was going to make dinner, but he had footy that afternoon and he coaches our youngest one's team. And then Peter had to take a number three to basketball and as he was walking out the door, he said to me, oh, Louis is at the hospital with yarnie. They think he's broken his foot. Oh give me a give me a sound effect for.
Speaker 2: That, sat.
Speaker 1: Making your cinnamon scrolls, playing footy okay anyway, So it was just so it was compete. It was like, you don't have to go out there. I don't think it is bringing. But I'm like, I can't leave Lewis out there. I'm not going, of course, and see my baby boy at the hospital anyway, So I go out to the hospital. By the time I get there, they're just about to take him in for an x ray and the doctor was great.
Speaker 2: Did they give him that whistle?
Speaker 1: No, he did. I think he might have had it earlier. But he went and had the x ray and then he came out. The whole thing it's a pilar. But there were so many little kids in there. There were little boys with eggs on their forehead from monkey bars and swings.
Speaker 2: Sunday sport day, there was and parked.
Speaker 1: A playground and Mother's Day.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was maybe a bunch of the kids were injured because Dad said, all right, I'll get you out of the house for a couple of hours so your mum can have a rest.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what was all the dates were there as well, and the moms were there and we were all like happy Mother's Day, Happy Mother's Day with the community. And then he came out of the X ray and the doctor came with him, and the doctor was gorgeous, actually lovely, and he's but he did his job too well. This is how I like the conversation to go. I've got four kids. It's not broken, see you, that's what I want. He had things and la la and write a report. And then he came out and with crutches in his he's putting on a.
Speaker 2: Mini boot piece of ship. This terrible doctor.
Speaker 1: Let's care for Australia is incredible. Let us not forget. That was such a good reminder. Even though I can't find a GP that bulk bills, but his head's up. Just pretend you're broken something, go to the emergency.
Speaker 2: Mash your tooth at a playground.
Speaker 1: Moonboot, moonboot, no word of returning an old one. Well, why kind of kid wear a secondhand moon boot?
Speaker 2: Thank you? Okay, I've been through enough. If I've got a moon boot on, it's going to be new.
Speaker 1: But how amazing. Anyway, he was beautiful. Then I looked at the report uh huh, and it's seed. And then I'm just you know, sometimes people lean into and I'm going to say, women do this particularly, and that's why the world's so safety obsessed now. It's because of a lot of women in admin and bureaucracy and running councils.
Speaker 2: Bloody women.
Speaker 1: On the report, it said kicked the ball and felt something snap. I can't remember the part of the body that snapped. Appeared to be a bulging part of the body, but could also have been his mouthguard tucked in his sock. Guess what what? It wasn't broken someone, obviously he hurt his ankle. Someone looked at his ankle. There was a terrible protrusion. Were O, my god.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a bone.
Speaker 1: They thought it was a bone. It was his mouthguard under his sock. He still the whole thing.
Speaker 2: He still injured himself.
Speaker 1: He did injure himself, but didn't require that.
Speaker 2: Who ha, Yeah though, who didn't mean to get you away from your pineapple?
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't and it probably wasn't necessary for any of us to spend our night at the children's hospital. But it was great and they were beautiful.
Speaker 2: Having Mother's Day.
Speaker 1: Mom, love you mother's respect and love you. It's a text from oh from a backweed.
Speaker 2: Yes, Georgia Buckhead, George.
Speaker 1: Thank you for following Hi, Darling.
Speaker 2: Brad took me back to Stocklands this morning to exchange PJS etctera. He needs driving lessons with his wheelchair. Just arrived home half hour ago. Saw joy Nellen. He has his hop on his tongue next Tuesday morning and other lesions being cut as well, but it's curable. It's a text from classic mum text. We're gone shopping, We've got we have got an operation.
Speaker 1: You know. The only bit that I found one mum like about that. It ended on a positive mind. It's up. You could also have that in things that have never been seen.
Speaker 2: It's true when your mother gives you a health update on someone and it's good news, you can hear the disappointment.
Speaker 1: I love my mother. I remember this and this is purely visual. I'm just telling you this so you get a picture of Anne Langbrook. The years ago. There was a brother in our congungiation right when we were Jehovah's witnesses. Her mum and dad were really good friends with and then I came home from school one day and mum was waiting in the kitchen. How I've got to make up a fake name for him?
Speaker 2: You have to write down a fake name? Yeah, I say.
Speaker 1: No, I have to just say that. She goes. So I come home. Mums in the kitchen and in a mum's a class sit homes over the mill. Oh yeah, and she goes. But you realize that the hands over the mouth is also to hide. Smirk, yes, smirk a smirk. And she goes. Alan Wright's got cancer the big sea up is and did a thumbs up? Must have been say it up is? And she's got a fish hook thumb. All of them is a terrible It was a terrible visual.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh he had it. Oh yeah he had it. Yeah he got the rough end of the pineapple.
Speaker 2: One more before we go, one more shout out bucket.
Speaker 1: Harry, Oh hello Harry.
Speaker 2: This threw me for six, this one. Remember I mentioned a little town. I don't know. Did I say it right through me? For six?
Speaker 1: Yeah? But what's that? It's a sports term? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Go on mention the little country town Kundrook. Oh you were your grandparents were there many years? Yeah, spent many No one's ever heard of it. It's a tiny, tiny little place.
Speaker 1: I probably lived there, would have heard of it.
Speaker 2: Well, Harry A Buckhead did he live there? As a Kundrook boy? I fell off my chair every time Valvo mentioned Kundrook.
Speaker 1: Oh fell off his chair. You got thrown for six What a violent little down, what a small old I love it.
Speaker 2: Someone knows of Kondrook.
Speaker 1: How many people that live there?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Forty, A couple, a couple of thousand.
Speaker 2: Oh what I'm sorry, CBD of Goodroll.
Speaker 1: The Buckup podcast is hosted by me Kate Langbrook and him Nath Valvo. It's produced by the brilliant Sasha French. Audio and sound by the magnificent Yak Lawrence you might call him Jack and Tom Evans are We're lucky