Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Outspoken. It's your dose of the hottest influencer and pop culture news twice a week. I'm Sophie Torba and coming up on today's show. As she binds calls out a brand for ripping her off, Jessica Wilson is forced to de I she purchased designs off Ali Barber and Sammy Guggenheimer admits she stalks other influences. But first, we must have had an influx of new listeners, Kate, which is nice because we've had quite a few dms where people have said, look, I'm confused. I didn't realize that you guys were triplets. Why they're endless pregnancies? Can you give us a bit of an explainer as to what's going on. Perhaps we need to reinstate our old intro, because in it we clearly state that we're identical triplets, but we don't have identical opinions, so sometimes things can gage, Oh, that's a blast from the past. We got rid of it because it was a bit cringe. But maybe we need to have a new, fast paced intro. But the reason why it seems like there's endless pregnancies going on is because Amy, and I so our other co host, Amy, who hasn't been on the show for a couple of weeks now. She gave birth six weeks ago, and Amy and my pregnancies are nine weeks apart. And you are Sophie and I am Sophie, And this is Kate on the so co host Yeah. So I have a son called Jack, who is nearly a year old. And it's pretty confusing because we all study journalism together. We're all thirty six years old. We all got married within a year of each other. So you're probably lucky you weren't around to hear about the endless wedding talk and endless Hen's party talk that we had a couple of years ago. Yeah, but I mean to put a bit of differences out there. I used to work in news at Channel seven, and then I went into PR. Amy and I have our own PR business. Kay, you've worked in sports public relations. Yeah, so I also studied journalism, but I moved more into the marketing and PR space. So I worked at the Adelaide thirty Six's and the Adelaide Thunderbirds and a few different marketing companies, and then six years ago we decided to do a podcast together.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was because we'd actually all moved away from each other for the first time, because we were all living in a sharehouse together and then you know, became adults and had to move out with our partners and such, and me thought, well, this is a good opportunity for us to have a joint project together. It was a bit of a passion project, but it has become your full time job now, Kate. Yeah, it's still so weird when people ask me what do you do? Because I get really awkward, particularly around older people that don't really get podcasts. I've been filling out so many forms at the hospital lately and it's like, what is your job title? But I always just say publicist Because of my BRF firm, I feel like it's easier to explain that. But if there's any other questions new listeners have slide into our DMS, maybe we have to do a bit more of a get to know us episode. I don't hate anyone? You do? You do? I don't. It turns out Sammy Guggenheimer is just like us. In a Q and A, she admitted she stalks influences she doesn't like. Well, it's a little bit more than that. Her roommate Lily threw her under the bars and said that she hates some influences. Maybe she's a listener of this podcast then, So it all started when a follower asked Sammy who favorite influencer was. Let's throw to what she said. I don't really watch a lot of influences stuff that. My favorite influences are probably Sofia and Chincia. Who else do I really like? Alex l Who else do I like? Say?
Speaker 2: Well, you don't like? Don't say that. Who's your favorite influences?
Speaker 1: I don't hate anyone? You do you do? I don't. There's a lot of people I stalk because I know stuff about them. I don't stalk not I'm a baking art. I love it that the room mate was dishing all of the dirt. Oh she was really sticking the knife in there, and you could tell Sammy was like, shut up. I mean, there are some obvious ones that we know she has beef with, like Sofa Dofer and as we discussed last week, the speculation that her and Easy Armitage are no longer longer friends, but they did put their podcast out together again, so they've squashed that there's also a rumor she doesn't like Kerry Gribble. I was thinking outside of the square though. Remember last year at Australian Fashion Week, Sammy was spotted with Olivia Rogers ex Morgan Waterhouse. Yeah that was quite weird because Sammy and Olivia they look quite similar. Yeah, they're most beautiful girls, which is quite ironic because Olivia seems to date guys that look like her ex husband Justin McGinn's. I mean, both Morgan and Olivia seem to have a time. I wonder if she stalks Olivia Rogers because she knows stuff about her h I mean, I feel like there's probably a few people on her stalking list. I mean, we all have a stalking rotation, don't we. And the funniest thing about stalking rotations when you're stalking normal people is that the normal people become celebrities to you. Oh and then when they put their account on private, I feel so robbed. I'm like, hang on, what am I going to do? What are they up to? I just think that private accounts should not be allowed because they mean for children. But the thing is, we have a finced. I have had a finster ever since I got into journalism because in class we were all told in order to get information, you need to have fake Instagram account. Yeah, do we think that Samy's got a burner account? Oh, she totally have a finster. I wonder how much effort she's put into the finster though, because she is stalking influences. The likelihood of them actually seeing the finster and saying, who the fuck is this weirdo that keeps looking at my stuff is very low. It's more when you are having a stalk of everyday people that you can't really get away with having a bit of a question pop up. See. I think you can always get away with having really with everyone because it could be anyone. Yeah, but some people don't get many views on their stories, and then it's so obvious when there's just some random fucking picture that like a sunset that keeps popping up. Hey, that is the profile picture of our finsters, so don't give it away. I have to go and change it. I actually haven't had access to our finster for quite some time. But yeah, it's so funny. The name of it. I won't say what it is because people will find it, but it's actually a name that we used to use when I worked at the Thunderbirds because we had a finster to try and direct positive commentary. And we found out later that it's actually the name of one of our nana's best friends, which I didn't know. Well, I didn't know that we used to, like back back back in the day, we used to have a Facebook finster and that was quite a sophisticated one because in order to have a Facebook finster you had to have quite a number of photo I still feel bad about that because essentially what we did was we found someone in a different countries Facebook page and just copied all of their photos across, which is terrible when you think about it. My friends recently he's had a fake hinge a count made of him. And it was funny because at this dinner we were talking about who in their right mind would ever do that and still someone's photos, And I was sitting there thinking, oh God, I did that like fifteen years ago. I know, it's terrible. I feel like it wasn't the same then, Like I mean also like I wasn't tricking anyone into dating this. Yeah, I think it's just to look at other people's pages. I think if you're cat fishing people. That's scare you anyway. Back then, Sammy Kuginheimer, it feels like this is Confessions. I'm just getting to know our deepest dark and secrets this episode. Yeah. Well, in terms of Sammy, on her public profile, she actually follows a lot of ogs and influencers, So she's got Sarah's Day, Shanny Grimman, Tammy Hermbrojade Tunci, Sky Wheatley, Steph class Smith, and a bunch of others. So who knows, she may just be looking at these people's accounts on her own. I hate following them.
Speaker 2: Someone had warned me, so I didn't waste my time, my airtime, I didn't get my audience involved, because it has been an absolute nightmare.
Speaker 1: As she bids, has issued a warning to her fellow influencers, don't work with a certain Sea Moss brand. The og fitness influencer put the brand on blast after they didn't pay her for the content she created for them. While as she refrained from naming the company in her TikTok, it didn't take her audience long cake to guess who it was. Yeah, one brand's name kept popping up time and time again, and that was moss x Daily. So in the video she said that she wasn't going to name the company in order to protect herself, yet she allowed people to go ham in the comments. It also was fairly obvious who she was talking about, because she's previously created content for them which people could easily find. Well, she said, people are gonna work it out. I mean the weird thing is she still has the content up. Yeah, but it's defamatory if people are gonna identify who it is. Yeah, there's the truth defense. So the controversial company is owned by former Maths contestant Brett Vitilio, but we will dive into that a little bit later. For now, Sophie, what do you know about ce mos? I see all these influencers starting their morning routines by essentially taking a spoonful of something that looks completely inedible and a weird texture and then basically pulling a face and saying how gross it tastes, but they feel so much better for doing so. Yeah, there's been a lot of influencers spooking it recently. It seems to be the new superfood that we're putting into our smoothies. I mean, it looks disgusted. Really, I have just seen people taking spoonfuls and eating it by the jar like that. Ah Well, in the video ash bindshed she put it into a smoothie during her promotional video for this brand. I mean, it just seems to have popped up out of nowhere to me. As you said, it doesn't look very nice, but it's supposed to be very nutritionally. Rich In saying that at this stage, there's actually not a lot of scientific evidence that's supports the health benefits that are being spraud No way, no way. I mean I can see how the partnership aligns with Ashy Bien. She's all about health and fitness. It's very on brand for her. Yeah. It was actually back in July last year though, that she worked with the brand. So she created an Instagram reel promoting the semos, and she claims that she went above and beyond. She chucked in a couple of stories and TikTok shout outs for free very dinnerous, and the brand was meant to pay her for her work in August twenty twenty four. However, she says that she is still waiting to be paid. It's pretty bad if this is true, Whilst this brand was messing Ashy around, she said, she started to get complaints from her followers who said that they hadn't received their orders, So, she said she followed it up with the brand, and they claimed that they were struggling to keep up with the influx of orders that came from her promotion. Al I've actually added this in like, hey, future brands who want to work with me, I actually sell a lot of stuff. To be fair, she said she got over a hundred complaints about people that had purchased the product and not received it, and she said she said to become tired of being the middle person. It's bad for her brand that she's spooking something which hasn't arrived. No, it was terrible. Here's more of what she.
Speaker 2: Said, trying to keep everyone happy and figure out what was going on. I didn't want you guys to feel frustrated, but I felt like part responsible because I had promoted the brand and sent you guys to buy this product because I recommended it and I trusted it, And yeah, frustrating.
Speaker 1: It's unclear what Ash based this trust on, because what became apparent is she did no research into this brand, and she really didn't help the situation by saying normally she doesn't have to research the brand of the owner. I think this is a pretty good lesson for her. I mean, she's an OG influencer. She's been doing a lot of brand deals for years now. I'm surprised that this is the first time this has happened to it. Well, she just made it sound like she just takes any deals for money. Really, I mean, it was only when the brand didn't pay her that she began to do her research, and that's when she discovered a bunch of negative reviews on TikTok and Google. Or if she had done her due diligence earlier, she would have quickly discovered that this brand was not one that she would want to align herself with. Because Kay, as you touched on at the start of the segment, this Semos brand is owned by a former Maths contestant called Brett Now. He appeared on the show in twenty twenty two and he was married to Tamara, and the couple didn't last long. He was later linked to fellow contestant Ella Ding and he now dates Australian model and actor Taylor Davies. It was a real blaster in the past, because I watched this series and it's clear that Tamara is not happy with him, because she was jumping in on Ashy Bynes's comment saying what a bad guy he is. We'll go into that a little bit later. Yeah, well he started this Seamos business. After maths and the company states that they're not just a Seamos company, they're a passionate movement aimed at revolutionizing the seamoss industry in Australia and beyond. That term movement should have been a big enough red flag. Despite the bold claims, Brett has constantly been forced to address complaints that customers aren't receiving their orders. He often jumps on his Instagram stories and tells his four hundred plus thousand followers that they're coming, just you need to wait for them. Just be patient everyone. I've taken your money. Your orders are a few months late, but they're on their way now. Despite his attempts to keep his customers happy, in March, New South Wales, Fair Trading issued a public warning about the brand after receiving forty five complaints about the products since January twenty twenty four, so the concerns included spoiled products, missing orders, substantial delays and unfilled charity donations. Now, the brand's also been accused of going off the grid when consumers raise concerns. In terms of the charity claim, moss x Daily claims to donate a portion of each sale to a charity called One Dollar One Dream. But when you dig a bit deeper, the charity is actually operated by Brett himself. Yeah, so he claims that the charity gives back to the community that helps him harvest the sea moss and team or less. According to New South Wales Fair Trading, to date it has not been substanted. Actual added that the funds have been transferred from the business to the charity. The Daily Telegraph also did some digging and they discovered the charity also isn't registered with the Australian Charities and Not for Profits Commission. I just can't get my head around the fact that he owns the charity that his brand is supposedly donating money too. Yeah. Now, when the publication questioned Brett about the status of the charity in March, he claimed his charity isn't required to be registered because it's not an Australian charity or brand, and that's because he's saying that the charity operates overseas, so essentially he doesn't have to abide by Australian laws. And he went on to say that his charity has supported hundreds of Third World harvesting families. Now New South Wales fair Trading has urged anyone who has dealt with moss x Daily and is not satisfied to lodge a complaint with them. It has had a flow on effect for the brand, thankfully, because you currently cannot buy from moss x Daily, so when you visit their website, you're greeted with a message that says we're sorry. We're currently sold out and not taking on any new orders until the thirtieth of May twenty twenty five, So this Friday until we catch up on our backlog. Sign up below to be the first to know on our drop date. I mean, I don't think they're going to have too many issues with that. Now back to Ashi, she claimed she went public with the news about moss ex Daily to warn other content creators not to fall victim like she did. Are we buying it? Because it seems like she had no other option, considering so many of her followers had issues with the brand, even though as she was fairly naive entering into this partnership, she and her team are sophisticated enough to know that they need to distance themselves publicly from this brand, so there's no confusion over what her role was. Yes, she did a paid partnership post with them and did a couple of extra freebies. She and her team want people to know that she isn'tffiliated with this brand in anyway. I think she realized if she stayed quiet, the story would negatively flip onto her. However, by coming out and saying that she's also a victim of this brand, she's removed any blame or responsibility her followers could have thrown at her. I think the timing is pretty interesting because it's it also nearly been a year since she worked with the brand, so maybe she's just been waiting to see if she got paid, but realizes now that there's no chance, particularly after New South Wales was trading put that warning out. I'd love to know how much they owed her. I know a couple of weeks ago we spoke about an episode as she did where she revealed some secrets and what her pricing used to be. And she said that she used to get paid between fifteen to ten thousand dollars for a post. She's reckoned, she's chasing that sort of money up. Oh yeah, I reckon you'd be right with that figure. I mean, this is very damaging for ash Bindes's influencing career because she's admitted that she took on a brand deal about a brand that she knew nothing about. She's broken down the fourth wall now and spoken to her followers about this failed brand deal, and in turn, she's just damaged that trust that she had between her and her audience. Yeah, but do you think that she's trying to save face. Maybe she did know about this brand, but she just wanted to take the money and take the risk with it. No, I think she genuinely didn't know about the brand. I think she just didn't do any research because she probably thought, oh, it's a health related brand, C Moss. It kind of fits in with what I'm all about. Yeah, do you think influencers have a responsibility to actually research what they're spreaking? I definitely think so. I mean, this is a multi million billion dollar industry at the end of the day, most successful influencers have their own brand managers who essentially set up these deals for them. It's the brand manager's job to look into the deal and the brand behind it.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I think there's an onus on the influencer though to approve it, because a lot of influencers go on about how I only work with brands that I love, and they preach all about that, But in terms of actually binds, it's clear that she's just happy to take on any brand do and that's why I'm surprised that she's actually come out and said it. Yeah, but I also think the responsibility lies with the brand manager as well, because they're taking cut of the deal as well, and it wouldn't be hard for them to google or do a quick TikTok search to make sure that the brand is actually fulfilling its orders and that there's no complaints about the brand. Yeah, I mean the fact that they couldn't even google it. There was actually a really hilarious exchange between Ashy and one of her followers on TikTok that cracked me up. So someone wrote, is there any way you can get lawyers involved? Because it was a contract This is why I don't just purchase off just because influencers say it's good. We need to do research. No offense to you personally, I mean anyone that person gets paid to say they like the product. And as she replied, I love influencers recommendations as it's so personal. I don't follow anyone I don't trust. And then the person replied, but you've just admitted that you didn't do any research. I think it's difficult to trust when this stuff happens a lot, And then Ashi replied, I researched via their website, but never in my ten years did I feel the need to do a deep dive into the owner or Google review my lesson to learn. But the products I did love and website looked amazing. So but what research did you do?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 1: You just looked at the website and saw a bit of a flashy photo of last night. Yeah, as I referenced a little bit earlier in this segment, So if it seems like Brett has left a lasting impression on Tamara, his math's ex wife. So she also chimed in in Ashi's comments section, saying, imagine a reality TV show matching you with this guy. And making you the villain for seeing him for the fraud he is. And as she bines replied, I didn't even know he was on there. That's insane. So she clearly did not know much about this brand or who owns it. Look, I think whenever we hear an influencers say I've done my own research, we've got to take that with a grain of salt. I need to prep for the launch.
Speaker 2: Start.
Speaker 1: We've got one launch. The new albums are going up. I need to organize the email that's going to go out at seven to just let people know it's live. Jessica Wilson has been forced to deny she purchased designs off Ali Barber in the lead up to her latest product launch. The mummy blogger turned a small business owner was set to release her new line of photo albums when a super sleuth discovered Ali Barber was selling the exact same design for a fraction of the cost. So, before we get into it, who is Jessica Wilson. Well, Jessica has really grown a following by sharing about motherhood and lifestyle content on Instagram. So she is a mom to three. Her kids are Levi, Bowie and Goldie. And they feature heavily in her content now. Before influencing, she actually worked as an early childhood educator and it was the birth of her first child that inspired her to then go on and learn more about photography, and that's where she started sharing more about her life as a mum online. I'm trying to avoid using the word mummy blogger here because I feel like that is a dirty word in twenty twenty five. Can we say mum influencer? Is that offensive too? I don't know. I think influencers seem to hate being called influencers now there's such a negative connotation on it, so maybe just content creator. Yeah, well, she now has seventy four thousand followers, so I wouldn't say she's a huge Aussie influencer. She seems to have quite a dedicated following, but she also has a lot of people who seem to dislike her. She has quite a large tattle threat. Yeah, and I feel like there's been a couple of instances where someone has posted about her in our Facebook group and we just get an influx of followers. Jessica has blocked us on social media and all of our accounts because I think because of the threads in our group. Yes, and this is why it's great that we have a finster, because I could still access her account for this story now. In twenty twenty one, Jessica launched a business called bloom Store, which sells photo albums, baby books, and gifts. And on Thursday, she was busy getting ready to launch her new line of peel and stick albums, which I have to say looked pretty cool. So what does a peel and stick album? Well, it's like an old school photo album where you peel back the plastic and you stick your photos down, and then she's got these cute stickers that you can bring to life a holiday photo that's now called a peel and stick album. That's what she's marketing it as. So that made me think of like a sticker book for kids. Well, it kind of is like that, because she's selling these colorful stickers that bring the photos to life. Anyway, it's a scrapbooking for people that don't have time to put all of the effort in. It's kind a lazy scrap cat. I like the idea. So she showed herself on Thursday, sitting in front of her laptop. She had stacks of stickers out in front of her, and she conceded that she was exhausted but ready to launch that night. Now, in what wasn't the best timing for Jessica, a few hours before her product were set to launch, a super sleuth uncovered photo albums bearing the exact same design selling on Ali Barber for a fraction of the cost. Now. Ali Barber is, of course a wholesale marketplace which is known for drop shipping products sourced from China, and it connects buyers with large networks of manufacturers and suppliers who offer items at a very competitive price. It is ideal for buyers looking to purchase large quantities of products at a lower cost, and over the years, drop shipping and e commerce brands have become influencers. Bread and butter. Yeah, it's fair to say that a lot of influencers have made a name for themselves by selling cheap products, particularly some of the more low level influencers by just spooking any old crap on their Instagram. Now, what seems to have shocked a lot of people was the disparity in price with Jessica's albums and the ones on Ali Barber. So on Ali Barber, the albums were sold for just two to three dollars apiece if you ordered a minimum of three hundred albums, whereas on jessica website Bloomstore, her albums were listed as seventy four to ninety five. Now was a bit awkward because the super sleuth in question actually uploaded the screenshot to our Facebook community and accused Jessica of purchasing the designs from Ali Barber and simply slapping her brand name on top. The anonymous user wrote thoughts on influencers, alleging they designed something that was purchased from Ali Barber and then sold for seventy five dollars a pop. Now, this thread went off in our Facebook group and it got a lot of people talking about the twenty twenty champagne flute saga. This is probably one of my favorite stories we've ever covered on the podcast, and OG listeners will remember that Olivia White was caught out selling Ali Barber glasses that she was passing off as her own design, and she spoke a lot about how the glasses represented her mum's figure, and then of course it came out that they were actually created on Ali Barber with a huge markup it was quite nice because one listener said they actually discovered our podcasts through that segment. It is a favorite of mine as well well. Now. In response to the Super Sleuths screenshots, one listener wrote will epically fail, just like Olivia White's custom wineglasses, whilst another said slapping a logo on an Ali Barber special is not designing. I mean, she is one of the laziest influences going around, so I'm not surprised. I just feel bad for people who spend seventy five dollars on a supposed original design bit hash. I mean, I do want to point out that there is much more to this story, because these were merely unfounded allegations, which Jessica has since come out swinging again. So hours out from her launch, Jessica was quick to respond to the allegations. She wrote, it's come to my attention that a photo of our new Peel and Stick album is circulating alongside an Ali Barber listing with claims that I've bought pre made designs and pass them off as my own. I want to be completely transparent and clear that is not what happened. She continued, saying that she created the designs in collaboration with Studio Nu, which is the same creative team she's been working with for years. She confirmed she had receipts, date stamped concept drafts, mood boards, and communications which show the process of bringing the photo album collection to life. She continued saying the designs were imagined, revised and finalized with intention, and that she was incredibly proud of the work they did. She then explained why the same designs were currently being featured on Ali Barber. She wrote, Unfortunately, it appears that the manufacturer we work with has used our designs to promote themselves on Ali Barber. I was unaware this was happening and will be following up with them immediately. She admitted that that part was on her and she should have known to protect the designs, and she is learning from it. She finished by saying she wants her followers to know that she pours her heart into every product that they create and that every phrase and colourway is carefully considered. She conceded that the timing was heartbreaking, with the news coming just as she was preparing to launch. This would be absolutely awful. Jessica did as promise CHAF Screenshots of her correspondence with her graphic designer Studio and You for some background, boutique business based in Townsville and has four designers on the team, which is quite interesting because sometimes when you hear the influencers are working with graphic designers, you assume that maybe it's a company based in another country that's very cheap. This is clearly a boutique agency that she has a connection with and a long standing partnership with. Yeah, so, she uploaded an email showing Studio and You emailed her the initial draft of the designs in mid November last year. She then shared a WhatsApp conversation from the fifth of February where the designer said she had emailed her the new artwork, as well as subsequent messages showing screenshots of the designs as they were evolving. Yeah. So, she did bring all the receipts, and she added at the end, that's all from me on this. I've shared the facts and the process. I hope it clears things up. This brand means the world to me, and I'll always protect the work we put into it. Now I'm shifting my energy back into what really matters. Celebrating a launch I'm incredibly proud of Thank you for being here, for supporting small business, and for choosing Bloom to help you tell your stories. I instantly felt really sorry for Jessica because this is clearly a young mum who has poured her heart and soul into a small business for three years now, and it's quite clear that she has a relationship with a genuine graphic design team that she's been working with for years, and she didn't just rip these designs off Ali Barber in saying that, I'm surprised that the design team didn't tell her to copyright the designs. Yeah, it is surprising that they didn't do more to copyright these designs. It does seem like the manufacturer took advantage in this situation. I don't understand how it's legal for them to do so. A number of business owners in our group did take the time to point out that manufacturers on Ali Barber often use photos of products that they have created to promote the work that they've done. So sometimes they will ask the customer if they can use the product image in their listings, but other times they will just go ahead and use it unless the customer has explicitly said so so in this case, it seems like Jessica and her graphic designer should have said, under no circumstances are you to use our images. I mean, I can see how this super sluth jumped to the initial conclusion and how people ran with it, because influencers really do get a bad rap for slapping their name on any old drop shipping company and charging big bucks for it. In terms of this situation, it's very unfortunate. It does seem like Jessica was working with a manufacturer that does stuff for Ali Barbaba. So I think there's a lot of confusion around Ali Barber as a platform itself, because whenever you hear the word Ali Barber, it has a very negative connotation. I think people automatically assume that a business must not be legit if they do their orders through Ali Barber, when in reality, it is a legitimate platform that connects a lot of businesses with manufacturers, and a lot of the time small businesses work with Ali Barber because that's all that they can afford. There also seems to be a lot of confusion around pricing on platforms like Ali Barber, because you know, you see this post from the super Sluth and you think, oh wow, like I could just jump on Ali Barber and get the same photo opt for two to three dollars. But the reality is, in order to get it for that price, you've got to buy three hundred of them. So the average customer isn't going to be doing that. Yeah, but I suppose it just demonstrates the markup that people are able to put on these products. Yeah. But that's also where there's some confusion because a lot of business owners have come out and said that there are so many hidden costs when it comes to all of the importation taxes, any customizations you need, there's clearance, fees, shippings, there's warehousing, also all the branding and marketing that goes into promoting the product. So I don't think it's as clear cut as saying, oh, this album was cost two dollars to make feel really bad for Jessica because the timing was absolutely terrible, and that's why I wanted to clear things up on the podcast. There was a broader conversation afterwards in our group as to whether this was all orchestrated to try and destroy her launch. I mean, it seems to be a common occurrence these days that as soon as an influencer launches a brand, people go and do their research into it. We saw it on the moly May documentary. I mean there were terrible reviews about the she was using. People started to pick about where it was made. I mean, even before she launched, there was a TikToker who looked into her ABN and all of the background details just to pick what the business was actually going to be, because at the time there was a lot of question marks as to what she was actually launching. I would be so scared if I was an influencer launching a brand in twenty twenty five, because the scrutiny is so intense. Oh, it really is, and everyone just wants to prove, Oh they're not doing it sustainably, it's not good enough, there's not enough sizes. I mean, I don't want to act all innocent in this because we have had quite a few segments diving into some complaints about influencer brands, which have all been substantiated.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean, there's a time and place for it, but it just seems because of that, there's been some bad stories every time it influencer launches a brand. We just think the worst that it mustn't be a good thing. Yeah, and I think it came from a lot of people almost wanting to believe the worst in this brand and the worst in the influencer in question. Well that's where we're going to leave things today. If you do enjoy the podcast, we would love it if you can make sure that you are subscribed on Apple, Spotify and leave us a five star review. This podcast was recorded on the traditional land of the Ghana people of the Adelaide Plains. We pay respect to elders past and present,