Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show podcast Meldon's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 2: Why from Richmond Gold one four point three h ggs, Melbourne, Australia, podcasting to the world.
Speaker 3: Christian Faster Monkey, Faster Monkey.
Speaker 4: Oh con asked my brain what I felt like, and it felt like bacon.
Speaker 3: For breakfast show.
Speaker 5: I don't look in your groin areas smell.
Speaker 3: Good morning. Have you on a top weekend? Seven minutes past six Monday morning? It's to Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, stacked ripped today, Jack, how are you? How is your weekend?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Good?
Speaker 4: Besides the fact that we had to monitor our dog pretty much, we're looking out for a twenty four to seven boy.
Speaker 3: Is she ill? Well?
Speaker 4: She she's not, but I thought she would be. After on Friday she ate a whole tub of butter, which she's done.
Speaker 3: She's done before the human If one of us ate a whole tub of butter, you'd be sick, wouldn't you? Really quick?
Speaker 4: And she licked it clean. It looked like the butter dish looked brand new, and so she would eat in four hundred grams of butter, and I was worried about it. So watching her over the weekend, she seems all right. The only problem was she was doing big buttery poos all over then.
Speaker 3: To be honest, I don't want to get too grappy here, but that poo would have just been slide now that right, a pre loaveed up or something. It did actually looked a wet, wild slide.
Speaker 4: It looked alright, It actually looked like a normal dog poo. Then I went with the plastic bag to pick it up and nothing to do it.
Speaker 3: Partsy, How was your weekend?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 8: I mucked up the family roast though last night?
Speaker 3: How well?
Speaker 5: I always make this beautiful on a Sunday, this beautiful slow cook beef.
Speaker 8: Put it on for about ten hours.
Speaker 3: You put it in the slow cooker, in the slow.
Speaker 8: Cooker with a beautiful gravy and herb mix.
Speaker 3: Oh gorgeous.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I went to mix it at about the eight hour mark yesterday afternoon and realized I'd left the plastic from the container from the packaging was stuck to the bottom of it, so it had been fermenting away with the meat, so we couldn't eat it.
Speaker 3: How do you do that though, when you're tipping it all in? Because The good thing about the slow cooker is you don't need to be a high level show. I can use it. You just everything in.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't know which is. I should have checked it. I've actually done it before.
Speaker 5: But because it's black and the meat's dark, I don't see it.
Speaker 4: Are you talk about that?
Speaker 5: It's the train, Yeah, it's not the tray, but there's like a little paper yeah, like a cushing under it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Anyway, Yeah, so we couldn't have our rice.
Speaker 3: So I've got to be honest. If I have been waiting for that for eight hours, I might just had a quick taste of it and if it was okay, got the rubbish out of then maybe added to the flavor.
Speaker 8: Go through to the keeper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at least eat the top of the meat, skip it off the throw that nice. What do you give it? Beast of a door?
Speaker 8: He's getting bits of it over four nights.
Speaker 3: In the next few days and installments. Yes, Friday night I had a does Chris have a go on these a dad's night out? Yes?
Speaker 8: He does?
Speaker 3: Eight dads, eight of us? Who has too many dads? I don't want collective termers for eight dads?
Speaker 4: How do you know so many dads.
Speaker 3: I don't, well, I know I know four of them, and then there were four newbies, and it was just in the end I stopped saying their names. I just kept rephone from miss you and how are you getting on? And then the next day texting a friend of mine who invited those dads in and going who the hell are they? What were their names? I think one of them is Jason. Who were the other guys? Half of them were Pi Pies fans, and I don't mind that as a D's fan, I'll mixed with you people. So we went to see the Pies game on Frida night. One of the dad's okay, it was a little bit of a tight what it was his He was in charge of getting the tickets for all of us and we were going to give them money as soon as we met up, but obviously there's eight of us, so it was ga. However, when we got there, we were like running around. We had our beers, we'd had a load of beers beforehand. We met up two hours beforehand to were well oiled, and then we thought we were on level two and then a guy saw the tickets where no, no, no, you're up another one and oh, I've not been up this high when I've been here before. We're going out to level three because level three not just level three, but that's not row eighteen, this is two. What's the eighteen's at the top? There's no seats behind that are the I was like, it's so high up there, you feel like you need As you're sending it, it's like going to Everest? Do we need oxygen? Do we need to rope off? Now? Do I need a shirt part? Carry my drinks and snags up? It's so high? And then when you sit down, I felt like, God.
Speaker 4: Yeah you do. It gets a bit weird.
Speaker 3: Do I need a seat? But I feel I'm going to topple onto the Pitch'm going to land on Mason Cox it is. He's watching it down beneath me. It's like a whole sort of ship of a mountain. So in the end we were like it was taking so long. By the time you walk away up there, and then you sit down, you're thirsty in den from the ascents. We were drinking our beers in the end. Get this, there's eight of us we were carrying up in those you know it's flimsy trades. Why they so flimsy with your little beers in we were carrying up for eight of us. We thought we let's double up a couple of time we get up there, so we're carrying up eighteen beers and as we were going up, people were going like this, Oh, don't spill, no spinach. I reckon, there's a new game show in call don't spill any because I recognize the master hardly spilled any mit as I was ascending the eighteen rows at level three, try not to look down. You know, we think you find a fixed point. She don't get vertigo, but I reckon. There's a new game show called Don't Spill The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast Show Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: So my daughter went to see. We're two of her best mates Billie Eilish on Friday night at Margaret coll and get this. So they're all there and obviously you don't need to know about Billy II all need to know. Key Factor is seventeen right now, one of the biggest and sort of newest and the most exciting sort of recording artists in the world. Well just done could shell out. She's seventeen been writing songs since she was twelve. She's huge at the moment, but just a seventy year old kid. I really like her. She comes on, she comes on in baggy clothing, you know, and she's actually got something to say. She'll tell the young teenage fans, which is are her fans, to put their phones away enjoy at the moment. I think that's that's all great. So those are all the people that are there, sold out within five minutes Market Court arena. There are two My daughter can only describe what she sorts, but two look like two mums in front of her before Billie Eilish came on stage. And you know, it's mainly mums and dads with their kids. They're clearly taking cocaine.
Speaker 8: No, yeah, serious.
Speaker 3: So they Corbus seven on a Friday night, right, all those kids?
Speaker 8: Oh my lord?
Speaker 3: And how is that okay? What don't other people would say anything? That's awful? There are two things about that. One awful and so kind of hos Late said to those how do you even know what that looks like? You've moved on from pepper Pick and that's that is a per pi, a big episode that I've missed. Daddy Pig came back one day after a big old day at work and started doing a few snuffling a few lines with a big old snout of this.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three On.
Speaker 3: This day, mystery, on this day, all right, on this day in mystery? What is it? Today? May the six? Already back in the day, on this day, the world's first postage stamp was put on sale for the first time. Do you two want to have it? Hazard? I guess what year that would have been the world's It's called the Penny Black over in Britain. The world's first adhesive and world's first postage stamp, I see invented the concepts that we all now know of using a prepaid Normally the receiver had to pay for post really and they had like a form that'd be attached to of how far it had come. But you would have to pay.
Speaker 4: So I could just keep sending your stuff, Willy Nill, that heavy stuff, you know, like several Bibles, pranks.
Speaker 3: But it's please stop this, Jack, It's just me a lot of money. I'll go fifteen hundreds, fifteen hundreds, perhaps.
Speaker 8: Eighteen nineties.
Speaker 3: Wow, eighteen forty takes to win a long time?
Speaker 4: Didn't they to come up with the week?
Speaker 3: We just assume it now that one knows, but prepaid, then that's quite a leap of thinking to think, why don't we just you pay some money and it goes wherever you can in the country.
Speaker 4: Yep. But for me, it took them too long.
Speaker 3: Okay, well, okay, well what did you actually invent it? All right? But today's question on this then history, is which TV show aired its final episode on this very day in history, made the sixth and was originally going to be called Insomnia Cafe. Terrible name.
Speaker 4: Geez, I gotta guess. I don't want to say it because I don't want to give it all away.
Speaker 3: All right, call in now with your guests. It's which TV show aired for the final time today in history was originally going to be called Insomnia Cafe nine four one four one O four three nine four one four one o four three The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Hi guys, by the way, it's called a Soca pad under the meat in the tray, Thank you very much. But Channa Patsy earlier, we found out that Yesterday should try to poison and kill her husband came on the insurance you know you married a few years I get out. I've often thought about how would I do it? Not saying I would, but if I had to, how would you do it? And obviously fouled attempt? Was it? That's that the fifth failed attempt on his life? After he founded again, but yes called the socha pad? Does he don't learn anything on this show?
Speaker 7: On this.
Speaker 3: Day, Mystery, on this day, all on this day mystery. Today May six, a TV show ed it's season for Nani, it's last ever episode. It was originally going to be called Insomnia Cafe. Terrible terrible name for TV show? What do you think it was? Andrew? Good morning, Good morning, Andrew, Welcome to the show mate. You had a great weekend. I did have a great weekend. I wonder whether it was Seinfeld Sorry about Nothing? Well, if not one of the great probably in my mind, the greatest sitcom ever. I love Seinfeld watching it and watching them all again now with my kids at the moment and need they're so getting. In the first season they wanted to bail out, and then once the second season gets up and on it. It's just episode after scene after scene. There's never a bad episode. But it's not signed for Andrew. But nice, guess.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Have a good week, buddy, Mary, Good morning.
Speaker 9: This, good morning, Christian, good morning.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 3: Don't give them anything, Mary, look at that again. They left you a great week. Tell you what. They're very upp at you today. Something exampled to them over the weekend. Perhats obviously didn't kill her. Husband Jack has won the lotto, so he's back here with me. So but Mary, I'm happy to speak to you. Okay, Mary, same here, all right, Mary, what do you think the TV show was originally going to be called Insomnia Cafe?
Speaker 7: I'm I was thinking cheers.
Speaker 3: Another great TV show, more of a.
Speaker 9: Drinking fist, but not a cafe.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I thought perhaps it was that Mary, not the right answer, But thanks for guessing. You have to have a good week. Okay, thanks Mary, they gave you nothing. I mean, Mary's mate. Now, I've always been. I was there in the early days, got to start that called Chris, good morning, good morning, We're all good. Thanks Chris. What do you think the TV show was originally going to be called Insomnia Cafe. What's your guess? Yeah? Can you imagine would we really made it one of the biggest, most successful TV shows ever with the name Insomnia Cafe. Then it was going to be called Friends like Us still bad, and then simply became Friends, one of the greatest shows ever. Yeah, aired for the last time on this day in history. A couple of facts. So bad about Friends? I always presumed it was a laughter track in the background, and every episode was filmed in front of a live audience like life yeap would take four to five hours, but the cast insisted on it because it felt like they raised their performance levels in front of a live It would take four to five hours because they had to change the scenes or the time to take twenty minutes, but front of three hundred lucky fans imagine many audience at the very very last episode as well, just being there for his same with Seinfeld too. And then I saw this a couple of years ago from the original two developers of Friends. It's the sixth character their original just thumbnail descriptions of the characters. These are amazing. Who were your favorite characters? Who was your favorite?
Speaker 4: My favorite was Roth?
Speaker 3: You're Russky? Yeah, right? Pats I liked Rachel, enjoy Chandler. For me, Chander was my guy. Here are the original character descriptions in before it became the show that we all loved. Monica smart, cynical, defended, Rachel, spoiled, terrified, Monica's best friend from high school has worked for none of what she has on her own for the first time, equipped to do nothing. Phoebe sweet, flaky, new age waif plays plays guitar in the subway. A good soul, ross, intelligent, emotional. Monica's brother suddenly divorced, facing singlehood with phenomenal reluctance. A paleontologist, not that it matters, that's my guy. Joey, handsome, matcho smug lives across the hall from Monica, and Rachel wants to be an actor, actually wants to be al Pacino loves women, sport, women, New York women, and most of all, Joey. Here's the one where they really now Listen to this one for Chandler, droll, dry r observer of everyone's life and his own works in front of a computer, doing nothing but tedious in a claustrophobic cubicle in a nondescript office building. Survives by the way of his sense of humor and snacks. All in their twenties, all trying to figure it out. There you Go was the great friends, Well on everyone.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Let's go back to Friday when our part time AFL correspondent Shane Crawford. Only say part time because when he started becoming our AFL guy, he promised me. He promised with you Earth, I've been let down before he said that he'd be in every week. I want to do it right over the phone. Fast forward, We've caught him at a baggage reclaim out a term Melbourne Tullamarine when he was on his way back from her Tokyo in the country a couple of days. Then he heads out to Kentucky for the Kentucky Derby. Nothing to do with the footage show, nothing to do with us, just always fancied going. He's out there for eight days, he's got four boys, his poor wife Olivia doing it. I don't know how she does it all. But anyway, when he was on, he was full of the talk about the Saturday afternoon clash between the underperforming D's and his former team, the Hawks, and he was follow it so much she laid down this bet, the bit that.
Speaker 9: You and I should have. If you win, I will come over and I'll know your lawns, and I'll whip the snip of the edges. And if I win, you have to mow my lords and with the sipper of course.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go back to final seconds, agonizing final seconds in the game Saturday, the g.
Speaker 6: You'd have a play my shield the man who witness n No, ha, we go.
Speaker 4: It's kind of.
Speaker 3: Twenty two seconds. Pounces the umpire and mirrors over the top of the ball.
Speaker 2: Don't dive in Frossl's make mimersa taking it in again.
Speaker 3: Neil Bullet goes.
Speaker 6: Towards the Bendy line, pulls to get the numbers.
Speaker 2: Here Paul HiT's the dad who want the Beny line the track that goes in.
Speaker 6: He goes back the second time.
Speaker 3: Five seconds.
Speaker 6: Bob's gonna win.
Speaker 3: No one's gonna wait holding them in CD. Don't you believe in que again?
Speaker 1: Hung up the room.
Speaker 3: This is such an art to what the what those people do? You know? The commentary where they really convey all the drama. What it was to watch that was now biting. I was just liter I thought I was gonna have a heart attack. It was so stressful. That made it so hard. However, they did, and so I text Krafft to say, hey, DZ the win. I thought he'd be pleased. He then just gives me an emoji of a single finger in the air. And that's why I'm in this position. Now. Fine, he wants to play dirty. Let's get dirty Krawf. Now he doesn't know what's happening. He's over in Kentucky right now. He's got to cut my grass. But the grass I've got is tiny. It would take in one minute. It's done. There's no fun in that. I'm saying, let's get him a bigger garden. So would you like Kraft to cut your grass? Ideally, I'm looking for an awkward patch large. Has he got a slope? Has he got a gradient? Is it really wild? Is it your NaN's place? You know, let's really stretch Crawf yeap. When he lands Thursday, I want his phone to ping with where that the people go? In my word, they've really stitched you up. What's the worst bit of grass in Melbourne that he could go and cut.
Speaker 4: I want him to have one of those old school, non powered.
Speaker 3: Ones, one of those. Let's go to a history let's go to a museum, sorry, and find some of this historical for him to use. Okay, So do you want Crawff to cut your grass? Give us a call. Nine four one four one O four three.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: All right, So Shane Crawford lost his bet and the Hawks lost taken on my d's. Everyone looks like Friday was going to be another D's loss. But then I should grind out a really important win, a much needed win, which means he's lost his son bet. He has to come and cut my grass, but I've got a tiny patch to take him a minute. Big guy like that, So, uh, what's say we upgrade the garden to one of yours? Something big, something hard, really hard, something treacherous. So if that ticks all the boxes to your garden, please let me know. Nine four one O four three, Lily, Good morning, Good morning, Lily. Tell us about your garden.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm currently on an acre and a quarter and it's all slopes there's only one small flat fit and even the nature strip on the on the main street to the hill. He also has to maneuver the lawn mower across the rickety wooden bridge to get to the other side of the pond because I've got a pond and trot and that's on a slope as well, and there are weeds around the pond that you've got to pull out while you're mowing. So and yeah, basically it takes about I do it with the normal push mower because I can't use the ride on mower, and it takes me about four hours to do it on my own, and that's.
Speaker 3: Part of a day for cross.
Speaker 7: There's also there's also another slope you bit at the.
Speaker 6: Back that you can't probably not at all.
Speaker 3: That's whipper slippering. And yeah, that was part of the that you get all that thrown in, is that Jim's mowing.
Speaker 4: Get the works, and you know what you should do if if you've got the nature streep, he really should do the neighbors either side as well as a good gesture.
Speaker 7: It's really what you're everyone's everyone's gonna make us, so you have plenty to do when we're all on.
Speaker 4: You have to do.
Speaker 3: All right, lendy all right, thank you very much. It might be yours. There's also chat to Shona. Good morning, Shona, good morning, good morning. Hello Mountain dandel On. Tell us about your place mate.
Speaker 10: Oh so we live in the beautiful day and on rangers like the Caller where are one and a half acres. It's a very steep lock but has four different terraces. So my husband's kind of figured out that if he had his push more and he runs behind it, I think you do the entire Lord in about two and a.
Speaker 3: Half hours running running Crawfe's little legs, running with a He's fit, so.
Speaker 10: He might be able to do it, but it's going to be a really good challenge and workout for him.
Speaker 4: Jeez, that's some half marathon you don't want to do with them and funnies.
Speaker 3: I should love jet lag. He's got three different planes to catch to get back here from Kentucky and the Darby. That's a great one, showner, Thank you very much, it might be yours.
Speaker 10: No worry, thank you all right.
Speaker 3: K This coming one four.
Speaker 1: Three The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Back on the show. It's just a regular Monday thing.
Speaker 11: It is now, isn't it here?
Speaker 3: He is He's a guy Monday talking guy talk on a Monday with Hamish play Yeah, all right, what is.
Speaker 11: Your favorite Hamma drill?
Speaker 3: Dad's okay, well done on Lego Masters, great gers.
Speaker 11: Yeah, this is uh yes, we're in the big Week two now Week two of three, next week's final.
Speaker 3: Difficult second album.
Speaker 11: When I was told like, when you film it, you know there's only nine episodes, and then the producers are like, because again, this would not surprise anyone that's wants the show, first time doing reality, so there's a few little little things like like bits of lingo that kind of pop in that you're not used to saying. And the producers were like, well, you know, this is the first time you can say like, whoever wins this will make it to finals week. I was like, do you feel really early to be saying finals week? The episode five?
Speaker 3: It's what the AFL should do is just counch it down to two weeks.
Speaker 4: It is like the AFL W I guess boom, you're done and season you eliminated someone last night. So it feels like if you're a limiting nating people. At this rate, the show's going to be over so quickly. Yeah, what do you put do you hold up tonight?
Speaker 3: Do you throw bricks at them? Just to make it a bit more extreme as they're going to the brick walk of show.
Speaker 11: You now will get pelted with the amount of bricks. People feel necessary, very very sad. Last night till Guy and DeNisi. I love those guys, But again, you.
Speaker 3: Just like spoiler it I taped it. It's more Game of Thrones.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, don't worry about what I said.
Speaker 4: Then what do you bring in intruders to like make the it go longer? Like be brothers.
Speaker 3: No, we don't, but go in Paradise. It's not like Bachelor in Paradise.
Speaker 11: We do in episodes Spot we send two condestants about your paradise, We get to two of them, and then we give the Bacheler in Paradise. Guys, we got you got one hundred hours to complete. I still don't know how you guys.
Speaker 6: Will go against the rest of the teams on the show.
Speaker 11: Who only have one hour. But no, it's you're right.
Speaker 4: The rate.
Speaker 11: There's two things I learned about reality. You are you have as you get into the season, you have two types of episode. You either have this is an elimination, or you have you're playing from unity, which keeps you safe from the next one. So you're either playing for safety, guaranteed safety or guaranteed Ye.
Speaker 4: You never just have a fun week where it's like just bill for fun, here friendly.
Speaker 6: Shake it out. Yeah, this is like ratings broke intra club match.
Speaker 3: So over the weekend you took your boys, Sonny to his first Oscar I did.
Speaker 11: I was saying, questioning about this on the weekend, So Jack, this is this is a moment. I mean you at the moment, are you know you're pre child? May perhaps one day you'll have a little little girl or boy that you'll be taking on their first I was kicking. It all came out of nowhere. I wasn't really expecting to do. I was kick this year and a few of Sony's friends from his kinder they're doing it, and so I scrambled to go, yeah, yeah, we're gonna do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 11: I was always planning to mate. I thought it was the next year thing because he's only four, and so somebody's like, are we doing I was kick, Like everyone's.
Speaker 3: Doing it started that year were eight or nine.
Speaker 11: I mean, you can't play at the MCG as a four year old. I think you've got to be sort of seven or eight to get a run at halftime, to do like one of those.
Speaker 3: I've seen him do that.
Speaker 11: But you learn the skills early. So we went along.
Speaker 6: It is the four year old I was, kick is absolute.
Speaker 4: Is it's out of control, all drills, kicking drills, star drills.
Speaker 6: Four year old.
Speaker 3: It is just they've only learned to walk.
Speaker 11: Just the fun of turning up in uniform and seeing kids, you know, like at the end they so they do try and do drills, but it's just I mean, what's the point. I honestly thought, like I took a long one year old as well, because perhaps a bit optimistically, I thought it would be like a kind of a kid's club at club met Like I it's was a ballpit, it's at a it's at an oval, and I thought I could take rudy one year old off to go and get the coffee while the kids are doing gos.
Speaker 3: Kick.
Speaker 11: But you're in it as a parent, like you're you're want the runners, You're half the drill, like you're handballing to the kids, and I've got Rudy in one arm as I'm like encouraging kids to like jump through the hoops and.
Speaker 3: And get the confused you're handboiling actual Rudy to Sonny.
Speaker 11: And I lost her in it, but she found her way back and she sort of came back to me. But there's one there's one kid in there. I won't use to just because I'm going to put a bet on him. And I don't want other people jumping on this because Colin Bryan right here, she was a gun right and all the parents then you and I spending to one of the other mums, going, can you put money on a four year old to win the brown.
Speaker 4: You're scouting him for when he's in his twenty he's.
Speaker 3: He's on DS fan you can play this week.
Speaker 11: I'm going to start doctoring his birth certificates so it looks like it looks like he's the son of a former Gray.
Speaker 3: Put it two in front of the four and twenty four. It's just a short one.
Speaker 11: At the end, they play a game, right, and it goes like this, there's like kid Half the kids get the colorful bibs. The other half are in uniforms. Someone kicks it and it's only like, let's say twenty meters long the field they set up the goals. Someone's mean to kick it out from the back line, but that kid will usually just run the length of the field while twenty other kids run alongside them cheering for them.
Speaker 6: Sometimes unlike the other team, that is some.
Speaker 3: Of the round have been using that well trusted technique.
Speaker 6: They run, then they point blank in front of the other goal.
Speaker 11: Sometimes they just chuck it through. Sometimes like one kid put it on the ground, which is like socker it through like some kids and tried to throw backwards over their.
Speaker 6: Head like an umpire. They want to do what they've seen. So everyone's just.
Speaker 11: Doing that back and forth, just like one kid'll run the restle flock and chit and then this kid, Brian, like one kid tried to kick it out from the back line and it just kind of dribbles along the ground. Brian, honestly like low ball. Get the two kids are going for. He gets a lobel, get spins right, spins out of the lobal get like a young ambulant, turns around like goose, steps two kids and kicks it about twenty minutes, like a perfect Hollywood movie of this, and you're looking at all the parents are just like, oh, Brian, I love you. She just was just phenomenal. Now, I'm not saying I would ever try Brian for saying I love Sonny's dedication and he's fun and that's the way therefore, but there was a real sense of like, is it.
Speaker 3: Possible Brian Harney.
Speaker 11: No, I don't want to take Brian her because I get the sense he's trained five days a week, like owning a race horse.
Speaker 6: I couldn't handle the upkeep.
Speaker 11: I can't, Brian. I can't give you the skills you need. But you stay and whatever you stay with your mom and dad, whatever your mom and dad are doing, you're on the right development path. Like he's he's on his way. He's on his way to the AFL, and me and Sonny will be the right brother cheering along.
Speaker 3: The chairs squad, just like we are now. I took my daughter. She leaves for the first second term yestage, so she's twelve and she's suddenly getting too footy. Now she's left soccer behind. So she played for the second time, had a key role. So it was my turn to be one of the parents that turned up at halftime with the oranges and oranges I get, okay, it's well known kind of little nutritious thing for athletes. But then I was also turned up with turned up with two for the players, for all the girls, the whole team, two packets of jetty snakes. Yeah no, that's that's what's that got to do with this is sugar. It's just as like giving me a number one of the oranges. But they all tore into the jey snakes. I mean, is this the chunky?
Speaker 11: I think I wasn't at the point of oranges though, Like it's sugar and it's like half liquids, and then it gives you a bit of an energy.
Speaker 4: We only ever got the oranges, not the traits.
Speaker 3: The other thing is at halftime, all the parents are now to wander on and just have a chat and this poor guy who get their But I think they I should do that the g as well, because I think some of the players will get more of addressing down from the mammal or fans. I'm his dad. I'm just going to wander off.
Speaker 11: It should be like you've got the heritage around or whatever. You've got the fan coach round. I've been randomly twenty fans get to go on at.
Speaker 6: Three quarter time and from level three and give them a spray.
Speaker 3: All right, we've went out a time. You're back on tonight seven thirty Channa and I Lego Masters.
Speaker 11: I think I reckon you guys will love time as episode. It's the bridge. This is the This is the episode where over river Kwai, over river quite over a very gentle, quiet Lego river two meters span. The teams were given ten hours. It turns out to be too much time. Ten hours to build the strongest bridge possible. And I say that it's too much time because everyone just built incredible bridges and I'm meant to break them at the end of the episode without giving anything away, Like the bridges withstood a lot more weight than the producers had organized, so.
Speaker 6: You could have driven a nactual car over. There was just a bit where it was like, what we've run out of what?
Speaker 11: Okay, we're gonna this is as everybody knows, this is the first time we've done this show.
Speaker 3: Way draw a little.
Speaker 6: We're gonna get back to you, all right.
Speaker 3: Check it out tonight on Channel nine seven thirty Lego Masters Thank you Home.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point.
Speaker 3: Three Time for this week's Monday mishard lyrics.
Speaker 2: It's just another miss heard Monday Christian O'Connell's miss heard lyrics.
Speaker 3: All right, biggest fee, shall we do more emails about this than anything else? If you hear a misheard lyric, you just send it to me. We're sticking on than do these the way it always works. So the first we have our top five from Big John, who always compiles the top five. We have a listen to them work out whether or not they do land or they go into an instant Hall of Famer like this on from Celine Dion from Titanic. I believe that our heart must go on? Or is it the hot dogs.
Speaker 1: Hot?
Speaker 3: Alright, there's a going to Big John's Top five this week. Guys, we've got Ariana Grande problem head in the clouds, Got no weight on my shoulders? Or is it heading a glove? Got no weight on my shoulders? Yeah, that's in there. Never go to this classic you hear this on this radio station. Great song from George Michael Faith or is it I Gotta have Feta? Feta fta Georgie boy was from Greece. It would make sense, it isn't. That's a great spot. They're big John, I reckon that gets never go to Ellie Golding Burns, strike the match, play it loud, giving love to the world. Clad. We don't know to play stuffing like that. I couldn't hear that every two hours anyway? Or is it strike the marshmallow goat giving love to the world.
Speaker 4: Is it that it's sorry?
Speaker 3: He spread? Can't all go through? That's good? Listen legend support McCartney another day till the Man of her dreams comes to break the spell. I feel bad about doing this. He's a musical legend, however. Or is it till the man of her dreams comes to brave the smell? Yes, sorry, Macca, you're in. Yeah, it's braving the smell. It goes through. Let me go to Robert Palmer from Simply Irresistible This song Do you remember this from the eighties? She's all mine, There's no other way to go? Or is it she's all man, there's no other way to go? Is okay? Mister Palmer's knock it to you? Trying all right? Coming up next, down, we go through the best of yours that have come in over the last seven days on the Monday misheard or your favorite misheard limits rounding up yours.
Speaker 1: Next the Christian Who Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Good one and two. Georgia and a mum on a school run have just emailed me there one for next week's Monday Misheard lyrics.
Speaker 2: This is that this works, It's just another miss heard Monday Christian O'Connell's miss Heard Lyrics Heavy minding.
Speaker 3: Then we do a round up a Big John's top five misheard lyrics. We've just found an instant hall of Famer George Michael's classic Faith Or is it I gotta have Feta Feta feta yep, last hall of Fame. Now time of the roundup of yours in the last seven days. We go to David in mill Park. Christian want to be in this one? Bon Jovi Blaze of Glory.
Speaker 6: I've got an old good four bill.
Speaker 3: He's got an old coat for a pillow, poor guy? Or has he got an old goat for a pillow?
Speaker 4: I've got an old good four bit effective?
Speaker 3: Yes, all right, let's go to Madonna the young young girls with eyes like the desert? Or is it young girls with eyes like potatoes? You almost just have another replay. No, it's not quite that tough, Chris. Let's go to Scissor Sisters now from Rob and this song so that I'm from the song I don't feel like dancing. You think that I could muster up a little soft shoe, gentle sway? Or is it you think that I could muster up a little soft shoe Dennis Quaid the actor, Yes, I'm hearing Dennis Quie. Yes, Dennis Quaid in soft shoes as well, Rob, thank you much. And finally, this morning, Simo him and his two boys listen to the show on the school run. They all agree on this one. When you find out what it is, it is very much boys and dad doing this one. Kylie Minogue, put yourself in my place? You already there? Can we all see it coming? Can we all hear it and see it coming over the horizon? You pupped yourself in my place, childish but effective. I'm sorry. All I'm hearing is put yourself in my place? Yes, Well, everyone in the school runs Hall of Favor. I score a round two this week. Go through Okay, if you got some ever for me, we'll do it again next Monday. Email me Christian at Gold one I four three dot com dot au would give you mugs the ones we play on air. Christian at goldwei four three dot com dot Au.
Speaker 1: The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: We love getting your emails, your stories and your emails are amazing and we call this feature late to the Party. No topic you ever hear on the show is ever completely dead. You can bring it back whenever you want. Way is Manbama Hi, Christian Late to the party. This combines a ladder and an embarrassing injury. I was left in a garden with my four year old son while my son my wife popped out to the shops. I was in the middle of cutting the top of the hedge with the ladder resting against the shed. Please can we make a note about ladders on tomorrow show. There's a whole stepart phone in about ladders. Leads. Things are deadly things anyway, the ladder resting against the shed when I accidentally nudged the ladder, causing it to lurch forward and send me straight down all six o't five and sixteen stone of me through the single small rungs of the ladder. This resulted in me landing upright with four foot of the ladder behind me and four foot still left in front of me. I was stuck. Blood started to run down my legs too. No matter what I did, I couldn't release myself from my prison until my wife got back. The word she heard from my son was dad stuck in the ladder. She finally released me and a quick look showed that I had ripped my open. I was rushed to emergency with much amusement and sniggering insuit before stitches and days of hobbling about followed. This is one of several ladder related incidents I have, along with the time I fell through the ceiling. Thank you for that, He's meant to say, I presume me center at the end. Thanks for the show, But he spelled it here and hasn't been autocorrected, or maybe it has auto correc to it the wrong way. When it does that, it tries to correct you because that's not what I want to say. But he's signed off with thanks for the shoe, Martin. It's a pleasure have I sent you some shoes instead of monks?
Speaker 4: Is that what got sent on show merchandise?
Speaker 3: The trainer Martin, thank you very much s your email If you ever got any we send you monks and shoes. The email addresses Christian at Gold one a four three dot com dot au, the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: At what time wasted are coming up? After nine? Now the chance to get my phone contacts this as well for the fifty thousand dollars phone at Frenzy between nine and ten where we were playing mono rock comes to the boy and then you can call in try and get on the contacts list with this Friday. This is what I told you about this phone call my mum yesterday. Yesterday we have to go to Woolworst to get some oranges for Lois's second game playing at number nine for her new footy team. Is my job to do the oranges and then in the two packets these jelly snakes.
Speaker 4: So did you go home with just a full basket of half oranges because they all wanted the snakes?
Speaker 3: Sadly only eight oranges? You know, I put them into like eights. You know, only a couple of the kids on that was the Jelly Snakes, even the coach.
Speaker 4: It's been running around.
Speaker 3: The coach had four and he went for the red ones, the best ones at Jay Snakes. Who likes the green ones? Anyway, Anyway, as I arrived with the teenager at the card park of Woolworths and Hampton, I suddenly they quick look in the rear view mirror and I saw that had a great big red angry spot on the sod of my chin. And I looked at it was like criky that I can't go in there like that. So I said to Rubers, said, hey, this isn't guse me me a favor. Can you squeeze this it needs to doing, which was like, no, I'm not doing that. Please, I'll give you twenty bucks if you squeeze. I can't go in. I can't get to it and it hurts and it's going to get angry if I don't get it right. We've got one go at this one. I'm not doing that. Mom asked me to do that a couple of weeks ago and it squirted into my face. Anyway, so yesterday I'm catching up. I can normally do it my sound. It's always Sunday. It's been like there since I left home when I was nineteen. Sundays a day, you know, when I used to foam my parents. I don't know if you always had a set day when you ring your parents, mind Sunday. But now it's obviously skyping and phone calls and stuff. This back to England. So I'm catching up on the phone with my mum and she starts saying, very it's sad, isn't it. Over the weekend about Schumacher dying. I was at the first i'd heard of it. I went, oh, god, that's I know what. Obviously he'd hurt himself skiing, he'd been in the coma and and now he's obviously passed away. And I'm like, oh, I didn't know that. Mama thought, all right, okay, Then she goes, yeah, just like all those Star Wars fans must be so upset. And I went, yet, what how do you mean Chewbacca? She went, yes, that's what I said. Went No, you said Shoemacher. She went no, you must be the phone. I went, no, you said Shoemacher, You said Michael. He's not called Michael Chewbacca. We don't know. I don't know. George Lucas might have that in this full name Michael Chewbacca, so they just call him chew I just went to shore formerly one fans. Michael Schumacher is absolutely fine. But Peter Mayhew, the actor who played Chewbacca, has sadly passed away. Just to clarify the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourn's gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: All right time for this mornings at work time wastter. New York City has now got a Wu Tang Clan district. And I know there's one thing. The focus groups always show us how much you guys love Wu Tang Clan here on God won a point point three. The city has designated a section of Staten Island as the Wu Tang District to celebrate the legendary hip hop's go group's influence and contributions to the world. I think this is a great story. I'm just sticking some Wu Tang Clan now and I'll Huggy was playing it Friday. It's a winning song for his phone. Frenzy told him before about lighting up and playing this in the studio. It's going to do that, you know. All right? So what today's at work time waster? If I played for thirty seconds, it means that Wu Tang Clan will actually get money from Gold one to four point three and they're gonna go. We need to ease up on the drugs. That radio station is playing Gold on four point three is playing Wu Tang Clan. You feel Gold have gone off their nut when they hie me. Now they've hired me and I'm playing on the breakfast show. Okay, So the at work time waste today is put a band in the place. I've got New Byork, very good, Hong Kong Jovi. I've also got Frankston Sinatra. I hope there's a tribute act that just does the bars in Frankston called Frankston Sinatra Abbotsford Abbas. He just doesn't like Amster wam Terehran Adams, Tehran Adams, Pat Bogatar, thank you, say my best all last, Pat Bogatar, all right, put a band in a place. Jack, What have you got? Mate?
Speaker 4: Mentone? Is anything.
Speaker 3: Nice?
Speaker 4: Alice Springsteen?
Speaker 3: Nothing? Yep, silence, just move on.
Speaker 4: Nikki Minagentina, Nicki Minagentina. These are running out guns and Rosanna Brintown Rats, mel ben Fold five.
Speaker 3: Tier Blas song.
Speaker 6: All right, what have you got?
Speaker 3: Then put a man in a place banned places text in four seven five three one o four three got a dumble pass. Go and see Murieal's Wedding, The.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three.
Speaker 3: Mind the gap on Gold one of four point three. As we jump from Alanis Morrissett to Wo Tang Clan, just turn another Monday on Gold one of four point three. Al Right. The reason what I doing this is the time wasted today the Wo Tang Clan and given their own district in New York. So we're looking for you to put a band or an artist in a place. Best time we get this morning heavy here this week call the outword time waste. You can treat your mum. So the Joyous Muriel's Wedding the musical play now at Hamatas Theater, and you can also book at Ticker.
Speaker 4: Tech Muriel's Wedding combined with Wu Tang.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, perfect, Wu Tank's Wedding. All right, so we're ask you put a band in the place the box Hilltop Hoods good start at a silver John. What on Queenscliff of the stone Age Gold Listen Sunbury, well done, Grease Day.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, the country Greace Silver like the band.
Speaker 3: Was switching now between cities and suburbs. Is going to test the market today, you know, Elvis Preston Gold Melton John.
Speaker 4: That's Fairy Gold Plus.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much. He signed off here XO XO your number one trade lady listener, Beth the Builder, thank you very much for the branding there, Beth the Builder. Uh, Dusty Springvale Silver Plus. Oh, this one's great. Jirane Iran Middle East in cover options band of Juran Turan, Tiranne Iran. That is so good. Van Hallam Silver World earned Helen box set. Heel, he's a very smart. Shannon point Cook, thank you so much talking Barwin Heads Gold Glen, well done, Banana Dromana Kid's poem Mark well done, the Roland Frankston's Silver, tokyo Ono.
Speaker 4: Gold.
Speaker 3: Uh, that one's unbroadcastable. All right then, who is getting the double blast? Go and see Muriel's wedding.
Speaker 4: I think Beth with Melton John.
Speaker 3: What about Giranna Iran. I'm the marker. How dare right challenge him. All right, well, don't everyone the.
Speaker 1: Christian O'Connell breakfast show, Melbourne's Gold one four point three.
Speaker 4: My dad's thrown away a whole lot of vinyl. You might be interested in that.
Speaker 3: He's probably got a lot of great stuff.
Speaker 4: It's got the main ones I remember is rolling Stones in ACDC. But then there's like, hello, no, I don't think they're like they're not first you know a Stones fan.
Speaker 8: He's throwing them away.
Speaker 4: Well, they they're doing like everybody eventually.
Speaker 3: Is doing this favor, the greatest favor other do right, other than now staying awake, which we've nailed that one. Everything he's got by the Stones, bring in to me, okay, free gift, Oh my gosh, amazing.
Speaker 4: All right, well I'll I have to fight Bianca for it, because this is the thing. We're over there yesterday. Dad's got his pile of vinyl and he's getting rid of finally, and Banker says, oh, we'll take it because we want to get a record player. And I said, we don't want to get a record player. We don't have room for a turntable at our house. She then we start to argue about whether we need one or don't need one because I took.
Speaker 3: Up a lot of room. And then it's also all the vinuel as well.
Speaker 4: That's right, and we and what I liked about moving back into this house is we got rid of a whole lot of junk we don't need. Finally it feels like, all right, we're not saturated and stuff everywhere.
Speaker 3: Fine, it is not junk. All right, get some of the cutlery or stuff like that. I was, I was your hands. But then she got some good vinyl.
Speaker 4: So the Yankee wants a turntable. I said, we don't have the space for it. She goes, I'm making an executive decision.
Speaker 3: This is my wife does this all the time, and it's the thing that she invented that phrase. I would never even have the balls to say, well, I'm making an executive She looked at my go, no, what you said.
Speaker 4: So she introduced it to me. Yesay, she goes, we both get five per year. Yep, that's what I've decided. We both get five per year an executive This is marriage.
Speaker 3: It's constantly made up on the spot.
Speaker 4: A decision that will affect both people in the relationship. So she is using her well, put her hand up to use her first exit.
Speaker 3: Then what's to stop you then using one of yours to go we're not getting.
Speaker 4: One yeah, or we're not doing executive decisions.
Speaker 3: Where does that leave the world?
Speaker 1: Packouts, The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show, Melbourne's Gold one oh four point three