Speaker 1: I would like to acknowledge the traditional owners of the land on which this episode is being recorded, the Komboom Marry people.
Speaker 2: We pay our.
Speaker 1: Respects to elders past, present and emerging and extend that respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. Today I'm your host, Georgie Stevenson, and this is the Rise and Conquer Podcast. This is the podcast where we ch have mindset, self development and becoming your higher self mix soon with a lot of laughs, plus behind the scenes of my life running two businesses and being among Think of us as the perfect combo of brunch with your besties mixed with self development. No matter where you are in your journey, we're here to help you be curious, pull yourself out, and embrace radical self awareness. If you're ready to get into the driver's seat of your own life and stop letting life pass you by, then you're in the right place.
Speaker 2: Hello and welcome back to the RNC Potty. Today is part two.
Speaker 1: Of our interview with the amazing Cap Jones aka Dedicated Lifestyle. In today's episode, I sit down with her to talk about her self development and her spiritual journey from someone who actually was a bit sus and manifesting to journaling that is now part of her daily practice. She honestly just has the most amazing story. And if you are someone who is new to the manifesting and journaling.
Speaker 2: World, you will love this.
Speaker 1: And Kate and I are at very different stages of our self development journey, so it's actually really fun to talk about manifesting and journaling and self love and all those sorts of things and to hear her perspective and then you know my perspective. So I hope you guys enjoyed this episode. It's such a goodie. But before we get into it, a tear our weekly recommendations.
Speaker 2: I have two.
Speaker 3: My first one is it is almost the first of the next month, so I'm reminded to do your do it for your for youture self monthly audit check in.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, You're welcome.
Speaker 3: My second one is, I it's like another little hack. Actually, I found out that unicloed do tailoring for free if you spend over a certain amount.
Speaker 2: Didn't you know that? I didn't. God, I'd share with everyone, so good. I've actually done it before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I put in like my leg length and the pants just came the right length.
Speaker 2: So if you want to save yourself some money on tailoring, what's your.
Speaker 1: Rech My weekly recommendation is to go back to your favorite Disney movies. Ah.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: I have been watching Disney movies all wee can. With Ivy, we had a girls we can just me and her because Tim was away, and oh my god, like the best.
Speaker 2: I like loved it.
Speaker 1: I was like sitting there at one point I watched Finding Dory for the first time.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's so good.
Speaker 1: It's so good, And I was literally crying at the end. And she's like off playing with her toys, like not even bothered, and I'm like sitting there glued to the screen, like crying that dorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah you know what happens. But have you watched Soul? Yes? Love it? I love it. But yeah, I highly recommend.
Speaker 1: But let's get into the show.
Speaker 2: Kate shones.
Speaker 1: Back again.
Speaker 2: She's back again. No, guys, we decided.
Speaker 1: To split the episode because we got through half the questions and she was forty minutes long. So we decided to make first ap all about self love and really getting into Kate's experience and her tips and tricks, and this next episode I really want to chat to Kate about her self development journey because I love that. We literally said this last night at dinner. But you know, if I said to her, if I would have told you twenty four months ago that you would be a self development galley, you would do a monthly order, you would do self development courses, you would have your own self development journal.
Speaker 2: Would you be like what? Literally wouldn't believe you?
Speaker 4: Like, it's been such a cool process but also something I never expected to delve into.
Speaker 2: Even I feel like.
Speaker 1: Even when we first met back in the day, like absolutely loved you, but you were not a.
Speaker 4: Self no I was like, and I was like, Georgie is a self development girly and I am not.
Speaker 1: That, not that, and then you and it's funny because well it's not funny, but you, like you're the exact same pers but you can definitely see your growth.
Speaker 2: You can definitely see.
Speaker 1: Your level of consciousness, your ability to hold certain conversations, your self awareness. Like one of my favorite things about you is you do do that monthly audit and you always come to me like I always ask you, what did you learn? And then you will have this self awareness like you were telling me last night that you were like I realized in January I was focused a little bit too much on like the numbers of my content instead of just doing content because I like to do it. And I've made that switch, and this month has just been like unbelievable with like how much I'm loving my content. And so what's crazy is so many people won't ever check in with themselves and have that reflection and then just continue their life in certain patterns feeling stuck and certain emotions. But you were able to figure out in thirty days and change something absolutely, and that's like that's the beauty of self development.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and like really that all came from the do it for your future course, like we love fact. Yeah, the fact that it was something I thought that I didn't need. I didn't really see it as a tool that would be helpful for me necessarily.
Speaker 2: I was like, let's just see what it is. Did you cind dabble? Did you want to dabble?
Speaker 1: Because it was like only seven days and it felt felt approachable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it felt.
Speaker 4: Really achievable, and it was almost like pitched in that way of it's a really great get clear on the year kind of course and starter and the year prior, which was what twenty twenty two, felt a bit funky and I was in this weird energy.
Speaker 2: And then when I started.
Speaker 4: That course and literally the first day of the yearly order, I was like, well, this is life changing. There go.
Speaker 2: I'd been sitting in this energy that I didn't like.
Speaker 4: I knew something was a bit off, but could not pinpoint what the determining factor was behind that, where that weird vibe was coming from. And then it became so clear as soon as I got to April of twenty twenty two and did that reflection, My lows every single month were all centered around the same thing that I had kept in my head, and this narrative that had.
Speaker 2: Been I want to tell us, what do you feel comfortable to? Yeah, I can.
Speaker 4: Basically that was the month that I found gossip forums, hate forums and.
Speaker 2: Pages that were just disgusting, gross and that.
Speaker 4: Were just dedicated to tearing not only influencers down, but anyone online. There was pages and pages and pages of opinions and people picking apart content things people said, whether it was me or people I know, And that then was in the back of my mind for the rest of the entire year of what are they saying on there right now? If I post this, what are they going to say? So I just won't post it because I know there will then be opinions based off this. So that thought lingered. And that was the year that I did a co branded collection on jewelry. I did all of these achievements, but nothing felt fulfilling because I was thinking about those people the whole time, and I was like, wait when I did the audit and I saw that in April, May, during July, all the way through to December, I.
Speaker 2: Was like, what a waste?
Speaker 4: Like I spent so much time dwelling on those thoughts and not doing things because of our Like I was scared of what people would say. So I wasted, not wasted, but you know, wasn't fully enjoying that whole back end of the year.
Speaker 1: You went fully in your power, you at all solid and who you were not at all.
Speaker 4: I was dwindled majorly and then was second guessing the content I was creating, like all because of what strangers'.
Speaker 2: Opinions, which is now what I am like so against.
Speaker 4: But that was kind of my big I think that was my big turning point in self development.
Speaker 2: And personal development full stop.
Speaker 4: That made me realize how important constant reflection is, because if I had reflected in April, I would have known in April, but I didn't, So I kept going until December till anything even came up for me to realize that I was having that thought. So I think it really highlighted that constant reflection, how important that is, and being self aware of those thoughts that are reoccurring and being able to squish them as soon.
Speaker 2: As you can.
Speaker 1: So I talk about this concept called sleepwalking where I say, so many people are sleep walking through life, and this is exactly what I'm talking about, where there's this one thing that happened to you that obviously it's traumatic, like I completely to have forums and forums and people who don't know talk about your life and say really hurtful and hateful things, that's a traumatic experience. But a lot of people we all go through these, you know, traumas and these things that happened to us, but then we literally carry them with us. And so I talk about this concept of so many of us are sleep walking through life and not reflecting, not understand our patterns and our beliefs that are driving us because we're not actually using our conscious brain to make decisions. Our subconscious patterning and beliefs are making our decisions for us.
Speaker 2: Yep. So if we're.
Speaker 1: Never checking in with them, if we're never cleaning this like all the gunk out which we just accumulate as humans, like we have to have a human experience. So I love that you had this, Like aha, and really this is like it's called an awakening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like it literally was. It was like I think image spiritual awakening. Yeah, I think our message it was like something's happened, Like I feel like a new person. I think.
Speaker 4: As soon as I got that thought onto paper, I was like, wait, what, Like I've got room again to think about other things than that.
Speaker 1: And isn't it crazy that it's like you know, they do it few future self costs.
Speaker 2: It's just a booklet and there's.
Speaker 4: Actually it's points that had high as lows And I'm like, well, we're the this.
Speaker 2: Is life change.
Speaker 4: Yeah. It's like it's crazy how it can just be such a tool, whether you think you need it or not, that so much comes up and even this year you're like.
Speaker 2: Oh, how'd you go with the course?
Speaker 4: I was like, yeah, I didn't think I needed it, but I really did.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's always has value and I guess that is taken in self reflection constantly and journaling and being self aware is always something of value, whether you feel like you need it or not always.
Speaker 1: And I think it's so I just love your experience so much because you like, oh, I don't need a mindset coach, I don't need all this self development stuff, like.
Speaker 2: It's all woo woo.
Speaker 4: It's all honestly like safe space. Like I had to feel like I had a bit of judgment towards It's.
Speaker 2: Like it's a bit weird. You're a bit weird. Yeah you did, because I never got it that I never got it. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: And then I think once you adapt it in a way that works for you, you're like, oh my god, this makes so much sense.
Speaker 1: Well it's even like off air, we were just talking about like how people think Manifesto isn't real and we were laughing because we're like, do you think this is just like a scam?
Speaker 2: This is just something.
Speaker 4: It's so funny that even two years ago, if you were talking about it, I would be like, okay, like I don't really know what you're talking about. Then just then I'm like, did you know that Sabrina Carmenter manifested this? And I'm like, in this whole world now of like you get manifesting and things working for you and like things being not necessarily easy, but when you know what you want, it becomes so much clearer, where I think I was so brain fogged before that I didn't have room to even get clear on things. So that has been the biggest difference I think in my personal development is like clearing that space, holding no judgment.
Speaker 2: And it feels a bit funny at.
Speaker 4: First, Like when I started, I'm like, this is a bit weird, weird, like I feel a bit funny, But then once you let yourself just go into that and I just put on great music and like let myself go and just be really vulnerable, and I'm like, no one else has to read this, like it's my own experience. It's for me to get it out. That's when I think I really like kind of converted into the self development world.
Speaker 1: I think also it's like there can be you know, certain content.
Speaker 2: Where it's like you just need to believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like yeah, very it feels unrelatable it feels untouchable. But like something you know we speak about a lot on the podcast is I'm not saying that you can just wish for something and not work for it, Like that's not how it works. But I think sometimes it can feel unattainable and very like if you've lived your life a certain way for a certain amount of time and you try to, you know, think something new, believe in something new, it feels hard, it feels uncomfortable. And so I have loved watch like really watching your journey, like getting more into it. And again it's like it doesn't have to be this thing where you're like creating spells and which grant.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like you so digestible, Yeah, and you figure out what works.
Speaker 1: You reflect, you understand like your current thoughts and beliefs, You make a plan for your future, You get clear on what you actually want, you get clear on who you want to be. And you know, I love that you're also someone so embodied in your self development practices now, like I know you journal every single day and that's why the idea of the Goddess Energy Journal came about, yep, And so I'd love if you could just go into a bit more about so you know you did they do it for your futureself? You started getting into Okay, there's something to this, there's something to reflection and getting my thoughts and beliefs onto paper tell us more about how things continue to unravel.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: So I think when I did the course last year, when I brought up the whole thing about like gossip forums and whatever, when I realized that if I had of essentially not necessarily journaled on that, gotten that feeling out sooner, I could have moved past it sooner. So then from there I'm like, Okay, I need something that's going to allow me to get those feelings out regularly, rather than holding everything in and doing one big dump and being like, oh okay, I'm good now. Where journaling, I feel like it was a great tool to allow me to do that every single day.
Speaker 2: So literally, after that course, I just googled.
Speaker 4: Beginner's Journal because I'm like, Babe, I can't just unravel onto a page.
Speaker 2: I need prompts.
Speaker 4: I'm very logical, so I think in the way that I think I had to find something that worked for the way my brain works, because I'm just not someone who can sit and write pages and pages and pages.
Speaker 2: Yet maybe I will get there, but I need prompts.
Speaker 4: So I looked at journals that had prompts, bought one straight away, used it constantly, and loved the fact that allowed me to reflect. But I got very bored very quickly because it was the same questions every single day. So I did the same five questions for like four months, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, cool you were doing. I was like, I was a beginner. I didn't know what it was really good.
Speaker 4: It was a good starting point to get into the habit of journaling, but I knew that journal wasn't it. And I was just thinking the whole time, like I could do better. I could make something better. I could make something that is more effective, do way better. Yeah, Like it could be better, and it could be more fun. It was a bit mundane and more.
Speaker 1: Personal to yeah, and you know what you wanted to unpack.
Speaker 4: Definitely, So that's kind of I had the idea in my head of this could easily be turned into something bigger and better and more like impactful and helpful.
Speaker 2: And then I got the manifesting journal from you.
Speaker 4: Loved that concept, but then felt like it could be in a self love capacity.
Speaker 2: So we were actually.
Speaker 4: Talking like me and Gem and my pa were talking about doing a journal. And literally the next week we got an email Georgie going, hey, I was thinking, since.
Speaker 2: You left journaling, maybe we could do a journal. And I was like, whoa, oh, whoa, this is the universe, like I know, and you were like, no joke. I literally said that.
Speaker 4: Yeah. We were speaking about it completely. And I've tried a few different journals, and not just the one I did different ones, but always felt quite overwhelmed. Felt overwhelmed that you didn't start daily journaling straight away. It was like trying to unpack all of this stuff, whether that's your childhood or your limiting beliefs or whatever.
Speaker 2: It may be.
Speaker 4: I found that quite daunting to open up and see, I'm like, I don't know this yet. So I really wanted something that was straight into journaling. Get the habit, build the habit, love that process, and find like peace in that process.
Speaker 2: And then the more comfortable.
Speaker 4: You get, the deeper you delve into whatever you want to work on. So that was kind of the I guess precedent that I had in my mind and that I wanted to create. And then R and C was just like the perfect outlet to be able to do that, and I think having a team that has created journals in the past obviously was really helpful for me. Someone who's like new to self development, new to journals. I'm like, I don't really know what's going on, but I really want to make this because I know how much power it will hold and how beneficial it will be to so many people. So that's kind of where the idea was born, I guess, and then it was just built on from that point. But I just kind of wanted something for me that was going to be really good. It's actually really self It was a little bit selfish at first, and then it turned into just this better than I could have imagined journal that turned out perfect. But yeah, it started from me feeling like there was a gap for beginners because as a beginner, nothing seemed to fit what I wanted.
Speaker 2: So I just thought, let's make something because there's a big gap year.
Speaker 1: And that's what I love about your journal is, first of all, I love how all the prompts are different.
Speaker 2: Thank you four months of different.
Speaker 1: When you did say that, I was thinking in my head, oh my god, Oh no, I.
Speaker 2: Know, I think everyone did. I was like, I don't think she understands how much don't want to a journal.
Speaker 1: I understand now, but this is her labor of love, So if she wants it, we can do it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. And I think that so many journals are repetitive and don't really allow you to reflect on different aspects of life as well. It's very just like I don't know, straightforward where I wanted it to.
Speaker 2: Your just a journey, it really is. It's like a stand from finish journey.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's also very digestible and approachable and not overwhelming, like five.
Speaker 2: Questions a day. It's quick, it's easy.
Speaker 4: It really draws out the positives and leaves you like able to reflect on things that weren't so great while still really highlighting the things that are positive in your life every day.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I feel like it's a perfect balance and.
Speaker 1: I love it because again, yeah, you're going to create a journaling habit. Yeah. It's also going to keep you so engaged because the questions are different, but they build on each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And that's what I was really excited about to work with you, because you know, I'm in my personal development, I'm like ten years in yes, So yes, when I'm trying to think of like, oh, beginners, it's some a little bit hard into grass.
Speaker 2: So I loved.
Speaker 1: Working with you of you know, you're not a beginner anymore, but you totally understand of like what's actually doable, what is approachable, what is like relatable to someone who wants to start dabbling in you know, this world, and they just they want to start small but also impactful. So it's so incredible because obviously it's under the RNC brand, but it's so Kate Jones.
Speaker 2: It's nothing like anything.
Speaker 4: It's really not And I loved that I was able to have that control. There was no like we'll write it and you edit it. It was like essentially I wrote the whole thing and we wrote a book very very collaboratively. But there was never a point where I was told, no, you can't do this, No we don't like this, this isn't like what we do. It was you're so open with me bringing things to the table, being like I think I want to do activities like okay, cool, but what are you thinking and outlining that every fortnight, saying that I want different prompts, being able to edit all the prompts come up with our own, Like it was so such a great creative.
Speaker 2: Outlet for us. And it also was really cool.
Speaker 4: To kind of draw on my teaching background in the way of kind of perfectionism, but like the editing of it, like the grammar and the spelling, and like laying it out all beautifully, the fonts, like we literally chose the fonts, the colors, everything was thought out and everything is exactly as I want it to be. And I think it was such a cool process, so different from anything I've done before, and such a different product from anything I've done before, where I was really able to just pour everything into it.
Speaker 2: I had nothing to compare it to in that way either. I really felt like you're in your element.
Speaker 1: I was like, when I was talking to Jamie about the process, I was She's like, Kate.
Speaker 2: Is so good. She spends so much time like going through it. It's not like, yes, it wasn't a skim read.
Speaker 1: No, it's not like we wrote it and you're like approved it, Like no, you're in there typing. Yeah, you're like really getting in there. And then also it's just so funny because it's like I do I get I completely can see you can picture me right sitting at the table, it's giving assignment.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It was like my big major work at UNIE, and I took so much pride.
Speaker 2: In and now I feel like, guys, look at what I made.
Speaker 1: Like I wrote this, you should honestly be so bad though, like you literally wrote able.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it was so fun and it didn't.
Speaker 4: Feel like a chore whatsoever. It felt really therapeutic, where Yeah, I was able to get out everything that I had hoped for and wanted in a journal. And I think I've had so many conversations with beginners around journaling and what we feel like is missing, So being able to bring all of that into one was amazing and have total freedom.
Speaker 2: It was great, Well total freedom.
Speaker 4: Were like whatever, Yeah, I like, leave it with me, Oh, edit it, I'll get back to you.
Speaker 1: And Jamie's like okay, all right, yeah, no, such a fun experience. Do you want to then just go straight into it like kind of run through what do you want people to go through when they.
Speaker 2: Are writing the Goddess Journal? And what's kind of the end feeling? Like what do you want for people?
Speaker 4: I think the end goal is all about showing up as the best version of you, that is the most confident, the most like believing in herself. I really wanted the whole thing to lead to your feeling like you're encompassing Goddess energy every day.
Speaker 2: The whole thing is.
Speaker 4: About showing up as that being and what you picture Goddess energy to be, to feel like, to look like, to embody. That is what I want you to feel like at the end. So throughout it we have prompts and activities that are going to build that feeling and also make you clear on what that looks like for you, because what you might see is a goddess and what I see as a goddess could be totally different. How they carry themselves could be different, what they wear is different. But I think getting clear on that version for you and working through the journal to have that feeling the end essentially is the end goal. So at the end we have an activity about Goddess energy. I've written exactly what I think that is for me personally, and then the user gets to do that for themselves. And it's such a cool process of really just envisioning that person you know like that person and then getting yourself to that level essentially. So all of the prompts are very about appreciating who you are now. Obviously lots of self love connotations about the whole thing. There is lots of reflection as well, because that is obviously what I found so much value in. So there's lots of what could I have done better kind of vibes, But everything always ends on a positive. Everything is very highlighting the things you should be grateful for now and.
Speaker 2: Positives in your life now to allow you.
Speaker 4: To realize just how great you are and your life is and get to that point of feeling like that best version of yourself.
Speaker 1: When I was reading over the final version when Jamie sent it to.
Speaker 2: Me version one hundred and twenty five thousand.
Speaker 1: Joke, guys, we honestly thought this would be out way sooner, but.
Speaker 2: Sorry feel we do.
Speaker 1: We want it to be perfect, so I love it. But when I was reading the final version, I literally said to myself, I was like, oh my gosh, this is what younger Georgie needed.
Speaker 2: Totally so powerful, and it's still going to be so beautiful now, you know, and I love it. It's a bit of a different style for you too, For you to go back to that will be kind of cool.
Speaker 1: That's what I was obsessed with because it's definitely not something I would write. It feels like such a journey and such an experience, and I'm so excited once.
Speaker 2: We have a lot of copies will start together.
Speaker 1: But I'm so excited because it's just so beautiful that it does take you on this self love journey, even if you're someone who you know, maybe you're not currently trying to make the switch from diet culture and like not loving yourself, Like that's absolutely who it's for, but it's also if you are just someone who's like I actually could just give myself more of that love and more of that compassion and kindness. And yeah, I was reading it and I was just like, Wow, this is going to impact so many people's lives for the better, and like it honestly made me emotional because I was like, it's doing this every single day. That is the work that makes the change, you know, over a form month period.
Speaker 2: There's so much to be said about.
Speaker 1: Spending five minutes literally, you know, writing and because that's putting yourself first, that the whole giving yourself the act of the act self love exactly. Yeah, And so I just I know it's going to be so powerful for so many of you in your community, and I'm just so proud of you.
Speaker 2: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 4: It's been so fun and such a cool project. And I the whole time was thinking of the people this would benefit, and writing the questions for those people and the activities for those people. And I think who will benefit essentially is everyone, Like I got the first sample, and I've been writing in the first sample every single day and finding myself still learning things and still bringing up things that I didn't necessarily expect to bring up even after journaling every day. So I think there is no limit to who will benefit from using the journal. It's just obviously that overarching energy of the whole thing is like living your best life, being your best self and drawing out all those things you love about yourself and harnessing those to then propel you into that goddess energy vibe, you know.
Speaker 2: And because when you do feel good about yourself, when you love and respect yourself and you have compassion for yourself, you truly are at a like a high vibration, and then you're able to attract other high vibration people, circumstances, things, everything, and you want that aura, you know, like you know, that feeling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know that girl who's like she's magnetic. Yeah, it's yeah, always because she's authentically herself and she has so much love and compassion for herself.
Speaker 4: That is always and it's always that that confidence, that belief that you can just pick it up straight away in those people. That is what I want this to embody and what I want it to bring out in everyone that uses it is being that person, having that aura, being magnetic, having that circle that you've always dreamed of, and that life you've always dreamed of because you're capable of it.
Speaker 2: If you have that power and believe that you are capable of it, and it all starts with you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And who would have thought I would be saying those works.
Speaker 2: I'm just crazy. I just can't wait for you to re listen to this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you can hear yourself because I'm literally sitting here like I know, like my protege, I kind of a really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it's been amazing. And side note, the journal is beautiful.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful.
Speaker 4: The esthetic is coffee table book. Yeah, it's lux it's chic, it's you want it on display. You want people to think it's this beautiful, expensive coffee table book. But it's got all your beautiful feelings and emotions and compliments in it. It's like, it's so Bodeah, it's so nice. And that was also something I really wanted it to be. I wanted it to be really elevated because that is the vibe, that is what I see as that energy. So I feel like the journal needed to reflect it in every single way.
Speaker 2: And it just looks so good. It's so beautiful, it's so nice. It's not like any other journal.
Speaker 4: It's yeah, it's its own being and it is elevated and it is transcended.
Speaker 1: But I love it, very proud. It's just yeah, it's really everything. Yeah, and it's so you.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Do you want to chat a little bit about just.
Speaker 1: Some like you know, the journey of creating journal or if you had any like lessons or anything like that, because it is it's it's such a huge experience for you to create something like this, And like I said, I'm so proud, and I feel like your growth has just been incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it has.
Speaker 4: And even throughout the process of starving the journal like this has been a long process. We start art it at what like January last year, the beginning of twenty twenty three, and the things that I've even learned through creating the journal has brought up even more.
Speaker 2: I think I'm really proud that I stood up for what I wanted.
Speaker 4: Not that you guys ever tried to dwindle what I wanted, but I think I was really clear in how I wanted to find a product to be and learning to speak up for that and not just going.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll just do whatever.
Speaker 4: Like, I think it was really important for me to learn that about myself, of like I am strong enough and capable enough to back those decisions and that that's okay, Like I'm allowed to do that, because I think a lot of the time, if you're coworking on something or even just in work in general and in UNI in general, you can be really diminished by other people that don't allow you to fully speak up for what you want.
Speaker 2: That was not the case in this, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I think, Yeah, really backing yourself and backing those decisions and obviously communicating to is really important around something that is so deep and so beneficial for people, for us to have a great communication and know that it is aligning with both of us and both of our brands, but is still so beneficial to everyone.
Speaker 2: Was massive as well and a big focus for sure. So good.
Speaker 1: And I love at the start of the journal too. It's like you go into your you know your story, and it's like it's so personal and in depth and it's so helpful.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I think it's really cool for people, whether they're in your community or they come across this or whatever that don't know my full story or don't know what the hell this is all come from.
Speaker 2: I think if you just you could literally.
Speaker 4: Just buy this as a standalone journal. You want an easy, quick, five questions a day journal, this is also great for you. But I think that if you pick it up and then read that story at the beginning, it all kind of makes sense of why this has come to be. And even writing that was really therapeutic and being able to go back and almost yeah, relive how I was back then. It felt really like here, because I don't often now I'm in this world of like, yeah, this is who I am and this is what I do and it's great and whatever, and I kind of forget that I lived that life. It feels like a different person, so being able to tell that story and hopefully help others by telling that story for them to see the kind of difference in where I was to where I am of like, well that's possible, but in such a different way to what I think is kind of normalized. So yeah, the whole thing even we have a little pledge in the beginning of like I'm pledging to myself to take this time to journal, which I think is really powerful and kind of sets the intention of the whole thing being very like vulnerable and for you and an act of self love for.
Speaker 2: You every day. So powerful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, crazy, crazy, And what about you know, like I said, I really love your journey about being someone who's really like you would have heard me talk about, you know, self development.
Speaker 2: You're like, what the hell like to now be like, no, I get it, and.
Speaker 1: I believe in it, and I journal every single day. For someone who's not necessarily into self development and they're maybe feeling like a little bit on the fence and they're like, what is this? Is it kind of even work for me those sorts of feelings doubt? What would you say for that, like to that person, what sort of advice would you give them.
Speaker 4: I think that regardless of the kind of preconceived ideas you have about journaling, it is such a great way to just be present in every day like whether you feel like you need a massive overhaul, or you want to get into self development, or whatever it may be. I think that having a journal that is so approachable and so digestible is really really powerful and to incorporate that into your routine as a beginner or as someone that's never journaled before, you will so quickly realize the difference that it can make in your everyday life and in your routines and in your mindset. So I think, no matter what you think about it, and it's overall arching, whatever message at maybe giving, I think just the act of reflecting is so important and is something that everyone can benefit from in some capacity. And I never thought that I needed self reflection, needed journaling, needed to become more self aware. But after doing it, even literally within the first what ten to fifteen minutes, I'm like, Wow, this is really really powerful and really really helpful for someone who thought she had her shit together, Like I thought I was killing it, you know what I mean, And that I brought up these things and was like, oh my god, like I could be so much better if I think that I am doing great now, imagine once I rid myself of those thoughts and move past that, how beneficial these tools can be. Because yeah, even if you think you're kind of got everything going, I'm sure these things that could be better that you could work on. So that's kind of the journal brings those things out through tools that are really really easy to do and activities that are easy to do but still really powerful.
Speaker 1: Because it's yeah, like you said, it's even the act of present You're not on your phone. Yeah you know, you're not mindlessly scrolling, You're being present with yourself. We you know how important that is. And then just the simple act of getting your thoughts out onto paper. Like I say this all the time, but I swear like journaling changed my life. Yeah I didn't realize, Like, I know, see when I said.
Speaker 2: That, you probably thought I'd.
Speaker 4: Journaling literally where now I'm like, I totally understand what you mean. And I think is someone who is very like my brain is just firing all the time. I have all these thoughts going all the time, and journaling and not even journaling, but just writing those things down even in a dot point list gets them out of your brain and just allows more space and allows you to think about other things, because I didn't realize how cluttered and foggy my mind was with all of these thoughts till I could get them out and then went.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, it's like quieter in my brain.
Speaker 4: Like I didn't realize that though the journaling or that act was what I needed to have that feeling where now like I get it and it's not this big daunting thing whatsoever, where I think I was a bit intimidated by it, going don't even know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Actually, you know what, I'm really excited for you.
Speaker 1: It is like definitely your next step, like the journal, like journal and prompts are amazing, but I'm so excited for you to get to the point where you can just free write like ten pages.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we in the back of this journal have pages of prompts and free writing space for anyone that wants to delve deeper, whether it's in the questions that we've had all questions at the end. And honestly, at first, I was like, yeah, but I don't know if I could do that, And now I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, no, you didn't even want a free writing site. I don't know when I say that, I'm not.
Speaker 4: I was like, I don't think we need that, Like I would never. I would never just sit and write my feelings. And now after doing the journal for months, I'm like, I get it. Like some of these things, I'm like, I could have more space, I could write more things on this question.
Speaker 2: So I get it.
Speaker 4: And the impact that has is just massive. So the next step will be full of novel. That'd be a volume two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a volume two.
Speaker 4: And it's just like, yes, it's just yeah, just prompts at the start and a blank book.
Speaker 2: But no, it's perfect. I'm so happy with that.
Speaker 4: And so thankful because essentially you're the one that got me into self development.
Speaker 2: Like I don't really have anyone in my.
Speaker 4: Immediate circle that is into this sort of thing, so I think I was never really around it, never grew up with anything like that either, never consumed anything that was self development or personal development. Very just like straight shooter, this is it, this is life. Don't really talk about my feelings that much. Where you introduced me to self development and the courses and the journaling and the processes in a way that aren't scary and that I an't embarrassing, Like it's not embarrassing to.
Speaker 2: Talk about your feelings. I'll be vulnerable.
Speaker 4: It's actually really powerful and does the opposite. And I think there is still a bit of a stigma around that, and I think it's so important to break that down, whether it's through like whatever level you're on.
Speaker 1: You know, do you feel like since you know you have opened yourself up more into this world, you've had more deeper conversations, like you know with your husband.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The connection cards, Yeah, I literally took them to the pub.
Speaker 2: And it was like one of those I'm like, it's a game. It's a game. This is why we do you connection? Yeah, And now, like I have them in my bag.
Speaker 4: We use them all the time, Like me and friends, we use them all the time when Gem and I have our lunch breaks, I have them on the table and we pick one and ask each other one and it's like it's such a great way to have deeper connection. And I'm like, if you're not willing to do that, then how great of a friendship do we have? You know?
Speaker 2: Totally?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like if you can't hold a converse around something like that, then how deep is our friendship?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So crazy, some crazy everything, definitely, And it also made me realize the relationships in my life that were a surface level and that I didn't kind of get that I wasn't connecting with them on a deeper level.
Speaker 1: I think that's the hardest bit about starting your self development journey and starting your awakening is you do lose people who you no longer are on their lefl Definitely. It's not that you're better, it's just different. Different, And I think that's what people do get scared about self development is like, well, I'm going to be the only one who is you know, saying who's different?
Speaker 2: But I think.
Speaker 1: There's so much too knowing that like attracts like and you do you attract whether it's the same people who meet you on that new, deeper level like your husband. My husband was the same, or it's you attract new people. For example, we have had so many like do you remember at Hamilton Island, Like me and Kate went.
Speaker 2: For a walk up to the big hill. There's like three hour track and we had like the deepest conversations. And I don't think old Kate, No, I still loved old k. Yeah, but I don't think she could have held.
Speaker 4: That way and wouldn't have known how to carry conversation like that either or been as self aware essentially to know how to respond to some of those deeper questions, because we were very like vulnerable with him and it was such a beautiful We literally talked about like family and upbringings and my dad and my mom and everything everything. Yeah, and it felt easy because I think when you're with someone else that allows you and holds that space for you, then it's not intimidating and there's no judgment, so you can talk about and whatever.
Speaker 1: A true I truly believe we are all craving acceptance and love. And so if you think about it, if you can be completely vulnerable and deep with someone and they can hold you in being your complete, raw self, that is the ultimate act of acceptance. And that is why when you start doing self development, you feel more fulfilled. Definitely, you feel that deeper connection, You feel more happy, more content, And it's just because you're taking off the armor. You're opening up layers of yourself. You're attacking people who love that side of you, who love your you know, your authentic self, and it just creates this like really beautiful.
Speaker 2: Whole new world that you live in.
Speaker 1: It's yeah, and then you think back to when you're a maybe a little bit more surface level, and yeah, life was still great and amazing, but it's like you're like, wow, I didn't realize.
Speaker 4: It could feel like this. Yeah, and like what were the conversations I was having? I don't even know because they obviously weren't of substance, so it was about the weather. It's not yah, how's work? Like, it wasn't memorable, you know where. I think once you are more self aware and you have that connection and people allow you to talk about those sort of things, then that connection and that bond and that fulfillment is just inevitable, Like it just kind of comes with the territory. And it's really cool when you think of the new friendships or new relationships that have come and opened because you are more open to that sort of thing. It's like wild, how much will come to you and how connected you will feel with people that you wouldn't have thought previously, or even vice versa. You're like not really feeling vibes anymore because you're more self aware about what that is and what that feels like for you, Yeah, it's actually crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we keep saying that word. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: So yeah, anyway, you were the inspo and yeah, I think it's been amazing to see the difference that it has made as someone who never thought they would be in that kind of world, you know, and how beneficial it's been for my own self awareness and my own self love journey and my day to day literally life.
Speaker 2: Thanks for being here. Oh my god, of course, so happy to happen as well.
Speaker 4: I can't like for everyone to use the journal.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, guys so excited.
Speaker 1: Please let us know how you're going with the goddess and into your journal or olding it together makes you check and again, like, things don't have to feel like this big overwhelming thing.
Speaker 2: It's the daily acts. It's the journaling five prompts like.
Speaker 1: Back to basics, back to the basics, it's a ten minute meditation, it's shifting your vibe. It really is the small things that matter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I wanted people to realize that through this journal, like it doesn't have to be this big, scary, overwhelming thing. It's really easy and it's really fun, and the difference that it makes is massive.
Speaker 1: It's honestly going to be sorry, she's getting emotional. No, I just I just can't wait to hear what everyone thinks, because, like I said, it's like it's so different to anything we have done, but it's so in line with rn C. It's so beautiful to see you blossom, to see your you know, labor of love in a physical force.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really I just know how powerful it's going to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, please guys, let us know how you're going come and you know, chat to us in the Rise Facebook group, check out the journal because you're going to be obsessed. And Kate, I just want to say how proud of you I am, how much I love you, and yeah, to see your growth, to see you do something like this and impact the people that you do with just being you is truly extraordinary.
Speaker 2: You're so sweet.
Speaker 4: I feel the same though, Like the opportunity that you have allowed me and believed in what I do and my messaging and how I share that messaging is like forever grateful and it's so nice to have a literacy is like a mentor of like allowing me to take these chances and take.
Speaker 2: The risks and do the things. It's like, very inspiring, so the feeling is very mutual. Love you so much. I love you and I just love that I've really softened you.
Speaker 1: I know what the hell Kate would not let me say. I like, what has happened? Who is this person?
Speaker 2: So good?
Speaker 1: Guys, thank you so much for listening, and make sure you go check out Godess Energy. We'll leave all the links in the show notes.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for listening to another episode of the Rise and Conquer podcast. If you enjoyed it and want more, come connect with us on Instagram at Riseinconquer dot podcast and join our Facebook discussion group, a Rise and Concer podcast community.
Speaker 2: We're an independent.
Speaker 1: Podcast and we have a small team, so we do appreciate your time and support. If you have a spare moment, a follow or subscribe on whatever platform that you listen to would be so amazing, And look, if you're feeling extra kind, a review on Apple Podcasts would be great.