Speaker 1: Welcome back to the Mason Cox Show. Today is unique. This is the first one of those we're doing. We're doing catch up with Mason Cox.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I've got the man, the myth of legend. He is the man that works everything in the backgrounds. He is the producer, editor, everything else that is involved in this podcast. And he's a good friend of mine, and he's one of the reasons I think we started this whole thing about three years ago, was trying to get this podcast off the ground. He's created this amazing thing, the Rolling Bus. Check him out on socials, rolling media, on Instagram and all that, and it's been so good. We're doing this catch up with Coxy and it's gonna be essentially all things relevant current events, news, topics, sports, entertainment, everything you can possibly imagine. We're going to hit the main topics from everything that's happened over the past few weeks.
Speaker 2: So listen.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be an amazing episode. And I'm so excited to have the man in front of us. We're actually seeing you, like actual video of the man who's actually the person editing and doing all the clips and stuff. It's good to have you on and good to get your opinion out there now.
Speaker 3: Finally, just it shows how hard my job is that I can do it from in front of the cameras, like, yeah, I'm a magician. Everything switching and the audio is working. Hopefully.
Speaker 1: I feel a little bit more editing because you can't do it right now. But yeah, I'm excited to get into it. Mal Well, we'll smash into it. We've got a lot to cover here. There's a lot that's happened over the last few weeks so.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm actually still coming down from yesterday's game, so well yesterday. This is recorded Monday, the day after Hawthorne Collingwood nail biting victory for the Pies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, last two weeks have been like that. I've I feel like I've aged a lot in the last two weeks. So we've had two nail biers over the last two weekends and we've coming on top for both of them. So very fortunate, very exciting days at the column of football Club at the moment. But it's it's been a really good few weeks and we're looking forward to this week coming up with the Coins birthday match, one of the biggest games of the year.
Speaker 3: So it's going to get a good they're sliding. I reckon there are a chance to drop out of the eight.
Speaker 2: I reckon, be real, Melbourne. It's Melbourne.
Speaker 3: They keep this trajectory. Yeah, you're only as good as your last game, and even if you're only as good as your last two games, or they've had some they've had some stinkers.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to sit there and get my hopes self like that. I'm gonna prepare for Melbourne at their best. So it's gonna be a good game coming up. Obviously we have the M and D round. You've got a bit of a compersonal connection with the M and D round, Is that correct?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like unfortunately, but yeah, my uncle recently passed of M and D And yeah, it's I've done some stuff through the club being there previously, and it's just such a scary disease, like the way that it moves so quickly, and now having a personal connection to it, whereas you grow up with that person being a certain way, knowing them your whole life, and then to see them and then shortly like the way that it kind of deteriorates. The body and the mind's still there and kind of willing and able. It's it's really sad to see, but on the flip side, it's awesome the Queen's Birthday game and what Collingwood and Melbourne do and kind of although there's the competition on the days that they kind of just put it to the side and do something really good for charity and really shine a spotlight on what is a bit of a disease.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's terrible and it's cool that they are able to kind of wrap this whole fundraiser up and bring celebrities on board, get Neil Dannahr to go up, people slide down, to slide into an ice bath and everyone buys in so much.
Speaker 2: It's such a cool day.
Speaker 1: I feel like in Australian culture, sporting culture in general, to have you know, eighty ninety thousand people come out and have this is such a big image from the round. We've got obviously indigenous round, We've got Anzacto, We've got a lot of amazing things, matter Rawatt's Vision Round. We've got so many things that AFL puts a shining light on and I think this is one of the ones that shines the brightest and it's such an amazing thing to be a part of I remember.
Speaker 2: About like five years ago or something like that.
Speaker 1: I ended up winning the Neil Dannaher Cup and that's one of the highlights of my career, having that given by Neil to myself and one of those moments. You get chills now talking about it because he's an absolute legend and it's going to be a really exciting week for us at the club.
Speaker 3: That was actually my last game at the part you absolutely watched. I was like, this will be the peak of what Collingwood achieves in twenty eighteen, so I'll leave it. Well, it wasn't that bad. I got to watch the rest of the season on the couch. Had a few beers. But what you kick five in that game?
Speaker 1: Kick fives the most I've ever kicked in the game. That's not bad for the big ones. See you step up on the big stage. It is ansac day, the pre lim I.
Speaker 2: Just need eighty thousand people to show up and actually up for the game.
Speaker 3: Yes, So if you're having a flat game, it's because eighty thousand didn't show up.
Speaker 2: That's because the supporters out there. Come on, guys.
Speaker 3: Well, there was a few talking points out of the game, so a few controversial decisions and a few controversial non decisions. So I don't know where you were on the ground at the time, but game in the balance, third quarter, Darcymore slides to knock a ball over the line to rush your behind. I'm not sure who the Hawthorne player was, but came in, slid in behind him, basically trailed him across the line and was called for diving below the knees. Such a rough decision at the time, and I can say, but it looks wrong, Like how do you feel when a call comes like that and chuck on top of that no descente You just got to hold it in, fold the arms.
Speaker 2: It's become a bit harder this year.
Speaker 1: I mean're not allowed to essentially react to show any emotion with about call nowadays. And I'm totally don't get me wrong, I'm on board for this whole respecting the umpires and everything, and it's great that we're doing that, don't get me wrong. But I think at the same time, it's so hard as a player when if you see something you're like, oh, come on, after you make a call. As an umpire, you have to stick to it, but you can't go back and be like, oh, now, hold on, I made the wrong call. Have a little huddle and sort it out. Like no, you make the call. It sticks, So you got to sit there and just own it, even if you have that moment of realization that maybe it's the wrong call. That one where I think everyone watched it up on the big screen after it happened. I was like, Okay, come on, this is surely not like a whole crowd of going after you like and it just plays over and over.
Speaker 3: I'd avoid watching the big screen it all comes, especially when you knew it was line ball and you've got the player pointing up at the big screen. Slay and check it out. Yeah, just stand the market. Just the Marx here, like.
Speaker 1: Just straight back to the city circles square.
Speaker 3: About about a dozen times. And the other one was Jack Ginevan.
Speaker 1: Obviously he's for Guinea. Love Ginny and everyone does. I will everyone loves getting a big fan of Guinea on the podcast.
Speaker 3: He's pretty polarizing. If he played for your team, you'd love him. I can understand that he can push push other teams. That the big celebration in the goal square against Freo was it.
Speaker 2: I a huge fan also Hawthorne did that this week anyways.
Speaker 3: So but you're probably gonna win the game if you if you're going to do that. But yeah, Giman obviously got a few content and just non calls a couple of highs where it looked like the umpire kind of called play on because he was playing for a free kick. Do you think it should be called on its merit or do you think that it's kind of deserved when some of these players come out, I know it was compared to like Cody Weightman who openly came out and said that it was a skill to dive. Do you think they should just call it as they see it?
Speaker 2: I think you have to call it.
Speaker 1: See it. It's seriously, it's a it's trying to get people to tackle Lesson above the head. And like obviously concussion is a massive thing in the AFL. It's a big kind of hot topic at the moment with everything going on and CTE and all that kind of stuff. That's starting to get more and more information as the years go on. But you have to just call it, even if it's if you unnecessarily hit some one that I can tell you how many free kicks I've given away for a high tackle because the dude's like, I physically can't actually like tackle someone properly because you getting on my knees on the ground, like actually get their chest. It's just it's frustrating, and it's one of the most frustrating things as a tall fella, I think. But you just have to call it as is, like if someone you know gets a high tackle, it's it's tough shit, Like it's like you got I don't know the best way to go about it, to be honest, to be able to try to not too it's like you kind of have to almost like wait for him to try to make that move and then you tackle on after or something along those lines. But we're trying to mitigate the amount of head knocks in a game, and if you hit someone in the head it's a free kick. It should be This is a problem with umpiring. There's too many opinions. This needs to be something straight down the line, like it is a factual thing.
Speaker 2: If you hit someone in the head, it's a free kick.
Speaker 1: Otherwise we're gonna sit there and go back and forth and we're never gonna have an actual answer for what's a like proper way to justify a free kick.
Speaker 3: But the problem is is the gray areas in it. Is it a skill or.
Speaker 2: It's a skill just so it's made like a whole career out of it, like kidding me.
Speaker 3: But so if it's a skill and you say that you need to avoid head contact and he's putting his head in a vulnerable position, does some of it need to fall on the person putting their head in that position.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you go and like take your head over the ball and you run your head into someone's knee, like that can't be highs nothing to do with the person. They're not actually trying to make contact with you. But if someone just trying to tackle you and like gets their arm above your neck, then yeah, it has to be a free kick, and I think it should just it seriously needs to be straight down the line because umpires, we're going to run out of umpires, because no one's going to want to be an umpire because it's impossible to actually be correct as an umpire because you always have opinions and you can be both right and wrong at the same time. That's my opinion. Sorry, that's a little hot take for you.
Speaker 3: Very true and saying that I did see you withholding your descent on the weekend. Well why did you just go you just went with the folded up Well.
Speaker 1: I was like that. I was like, well, if i'll do that, i'm gonna give a fifty ways. So I'm just gonna look at them with a huge amount of disdain and yeah, I'm sure you'll make a meme out of that. I like the best of that one, but I was not the happy the call.
Speaker 3: But yeah I couldn't.
Speaker 1: That's yeah, well that's my way of showing it. That's apparently within the rule book of the IFL.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it's good. And so we ask fans for their fan questions and we'll get to that later in the podcast. But one that really really stood out was the fact when it started raining. We all know that you wear glasses now and for eye protection purposes, when it started raining, the glasses came off. Everyone wanted to know why the glasses came off. Was it because it was raining?
Speaker 1: It is because it's raining, And until they start making glasses that have windshield wipers, I don't think that's going to change. I have contacts that are dailies and essentially taking bit of arrest doing it, but where there was a research raining because whenever you have obviously there's glasses, it's a surface that gets wet, crosses droplets, you can't see as well, so I can found Yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: I mean, we're two guys wearing glasses right now.
Speaker 3: I mean a lot in common.
Speaker 2: Yeah, both glass name cocks. We're both a little bit differently unfortunate for you.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it's it's it's something that I think now, unfortunately, if that does the cases that I have not found a solution other than wearing contacts for rainy day.
Speaker 3: So saying that and hearing your story, what are the risks if it's ever every time it starts raining and it is a winter sport, what are the risks that you run?
Speaker 1: It's the same risk as probably before all this happened. Just kind of daunting to say, I guess, but yeah, I think it's I've been very unfortunate, very unlucky, and the fact that that's kind of been the way that's I guess happened with my injuries. But like, there's no other way I've found to be able to do this. I'm like, can you run out there in the middle of the game starts raining instantly go, well, I'm gonna take myself off the field because I can't see now, like you have to find Yeah, you have to find some kind of a solution. So it's a bit risky, and I hope no oppositions looking at this and saying, oh, here's a free whack on them. But yeah, it is what it is. It's part of the whole process and part of the journey and just kind of you got to cop it, deal with it and pray for the best.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Kind of crazy to say that, like, really, course, but I actually can't imagine just that preying on your mind the whole time. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It doesn't prayer on my mind.
Speaker 3: You don't think about it now.
Speaker 2: Not even a little bit.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to knock someone's head out, Yeah, I'm trying to make sure I'm not the one getting jumped and getting and jumping on someone else. Yeah, let's move on to some other stuff, because this is not just a football podcast. We're going to talk about all kinds of things, entertainment and everything else. And we're going to get into a bit of entertainment side of things.
Speaker 2: There's a couple of shows out like, I'm a big Netflix guy, big you.
Speaker 1: Know, Disney Plus kind of fell out and I love my Dark Hours and whatnot.
Speaker 2: And there's a couple out right now. There's Obi Wan good Ducker.
Speaker 1: Oh it's a series, and there's Stranger Things season four. Yeah, have you got into these?
Speaker 2: Braiden?
Speaker 3: See, I was a real late coming to Star Wars, and but then I kind of binged and got through it and I did what was the first TV show.
Speaker 2: That they brought out, Mandalorian.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I watched Mandalorian Hot Take.
Speaker 1: No, Braiden's heart take, Cox's heart Take.
Speaker 3: Nothing happened. Every episode was like, hey, Mandalorian, go get the milk from the corner store. And then off he went, and he got the milk, came back and then it would be like, ah, thanks for getting the milk, but there's trouble on that over there. And then he'd like lie off to the next planet and the next guy would be, yeah, where's my eggs and the like. It was just like little task by little time. It's like, go go do something. Back in Star Wars they used to blow up death stars and stuff like what are you doing?
Speaker 1: You just do?
Speaker 3: Like I get it because he's like, what is he He's like a little henchman for yeah, he probably shouldn't say little henchman.
Speaker 1: It's like condescending, but situally a mercenary.
Speaker 3: Like he's a mercenary. But it's just like, go and do this for me, Go and do that for me, and he'd go and do it, and then the series ended.
Speaker 2: It's like we was in there.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's why everyone watched it because all the girls like, oh, I think something.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was cid little hand and stuff. But I haven't watched Obi Wan yet.
Speaker 2: It should it's good.
Speaker 1: It's I think it's better than Mandalorian th another Heart take, better than Mandlorian.
Speaker 3: A bit more happened.
Speaker 2: There's one of Dart.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's already kind of out there for your first few episodes, but Darth Vader's involved. Therefore you have to to b like kind of you know, characters of Star Wars against each other, and so that's like young like Darth that is like darkest. I think he's like thirty. You're probably thirty. Let's go kicking it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Anakin Skar Wars thirty.
Speaker 3: Lives in a studio apartment.
Speaker 1: Down in the Bronx it'sue every day.
Speaker 2: No, So it's it's a great show man. I think it's like if you're a bit of a Star Wars.
Speaker 1: Fan or even not like fully into the full Star Wars thing, like, but you have an understanding of the kind of like the storyline where it's at, it's actually really really good man.
Speaker 2: You need to get into it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's what I found, like I liked about these. It was like, you don't have to be like a hard OD fan or whatever. You can just get into it. It's like one of those episodic things that you can watch episode by especially the last one where he's just doing nothing. You don't have to know anything to know that he's not doing anything. But and then the other one that you mentioned was Stranger Things, Now I dropped off I think a season ago.
Speaker 1: No, no, season three dropped off. Yeah, it's brought in the Russians. Yes, Jesus, that's going today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so so what how many episodes are out of this?
Speaker 1: They dropped the whole thing or I think they've dropped all the episodes all at once, your Binger, I'm a two episode venture and I'll do it one cooking. So I'm not a fool like like OBI want, I'll sit there and I'll watch the whole thing like I'm full. Yeah, Game of is the same, but strange things like I'll probably watch the episodes multiple times.
Speaker 2: I've kind of been in and out.
Speaker 1: But it is very dark. Stranger Things has like gotten very gruesome. The kids are a bit like some of the horror stuff is like that's like it's a proper horror movie.
Speaker 2: It was kind of like kids coming around.
Speaker 1: Now there's a little like demons here and there, and there's an upside down all couple and then now it's like people are properly like getting next broken, which is like insane.
Speaker 3: This is scary.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't watch it with kids. Yeah, I wouldn't watch it with If I had kids, I would not allow them to see it. That's what I'll say. So it's it is dark, but it is good. I will say it's good. It's cool to see them kind of grow up through a series, you know, obviously like being very young kids is say like the first season all to where there are now or they'll probably shoot they're probably twenty one.
Speaker 3: Now, Stranger Things twelve.
Speaker 2: Yeah, now we'll get down there.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be one of those things will probably kill it to instead, but we'll move on to the next sement.
Speaker 2: It's simple pleasures in life.
Speaker 3: I like this one.
Speaker 1: This is a good one. This is the one I really enjoy. And we're all about positivity here.
Speaker 3: We're all about it down on like the negatives.
Speaker 1: There is a lot around there. There's a lot of headlines on a negative mants. So we're gonna get a simple pleasure in life. What do you have from Brandon?
Speaker 3: I actually did this one this morning, and I swear by it. This is my favorite thing to do, especially on a Monday morning, if you're going to like amplify your simple pleasure. Monday morning, you wake up, it's cold as shit at the moment, whatever you're gonna wear, you just so you get your jocks and maybe your shirt and pants if you can, but one hundred percent of your jocks as soon as you wake up, chuck them in the dryer, crank on the heat, start that process.
Speaker 2: Just your jocks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, if you can do the whole kid, But sometimes I don't plan kids, so I just do the jocks and then eat rerecky, have a shower, get out of the shower, jocks out of the dryer, the nice slide them on, nice crispy warm jocks on a cold, cold winter's morning.
Speaker 2: Crispy sounds a bit.
Speaker 3: They shouldn't probably be crispy.
Speaker 1: It's like I've got a little simple pleasure. I've got two here, but like my kind of you know, hot jocks.
Speaker 2: It is getting weird. Is a heated blanket or electric miket? That thing? I bought one the other day. I'm telling you It's changed my life in these cold nights.
Speaker 1: It is the best thing to just snuggle up, like first thing you get into bad and it's all nice and warm. Is nothing better but my simple pleasure in life. And this is why I don't know if you do this, but I'm a bit of a bit o c D. I'm very cleanly person. I like things in order, and I like things in their place. And whenever I go to fill my car with gas ers you'll call it petrol put gas in there. I know it makes no sense. I actually agree with you on that one, which is one of the very small hot takes. I do agree with everything.
Speaker 3: Kilometers from the metric system, get.
Speaker 1: Around hook turns. That's all I'm trying to say. But whenever you fill the tank. I don't know if you do this, but I try to get it on the zero. I try to get like perfectly zero zero at the bottom, and whenever I do, it's a little win that really makes my day. I'm telling you, the little just like if it's I think my car is, it's huge. It's like one hundred and forty dollars, hundred fifty dollars fill the whole thing up. Yeah, if I get it to one hundred and fifty zero zero, I am seriously like dancing at the pomp. It's ridiculous, Like it is the best feeling for the week.
Speaker 3: I think the flip side is if you're like trying to get double zeros and you go like one hundred and fifty and two cents.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, that's real depressing.
Speaker 3: It kills me.
Speaker 1: You go, you go like maybe like ninety eight, and then you go squirk, it goes oh oh too.
Speaker 3: You're like just starts splashing it on the ground trying to get that. But yeah, I know, I like that. I think it should be a reoccurring thing. Post them. If you got simple pleasures, say some simple pleasures and we'll try them out. I swear if you go and put your jocks in the dryer, hit them up, nice crispy jocks, pull them out and snap them onn.
Speaker 1: We'll get some feedback from the audience. We'll put it on socials. We'll get your simple pleasures in life, and well, I'm excited for that. I think there'll be quite a few. They'll be kind of unique that like we always probably take for granted but don't really realize it.
Speaker 2: So we'll put it on socials. Have a look for it.
Speaker 1: We'll put it out there, and we're excited to get your comments on that one, to see what you guys enjoy. The next one, awkward moments. Have you had any awkward moments in the last two weeks?
Speaker 3: In the last two weeks, none that spring to mind. I'd like avoid awkward moments like the plague, like I don't deal well with awkward moments. I actually have a couple that just sprung to mind.
Speaker 2: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 3: Oh Man, when I was a kid, Christmas Day, we went to my cousin's house and there's all these presents under the tree. Yeah, and I thought they were all mine selfish, So I went and I was just like opening all of these presents and then I went up to my mom. I was like, they me like a drink cooler and like a princess dog. I was like, what did they not know me at all? And They're like they were presents for the whole family, and like did they we wrap them all?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: It was like, oh, well, I guess brains brain is a grinch, Like, well, there goes a surprise. Yeah, you got a drink cooler. Not stellar presence anyway, but I always.
Speaker 1: Had one I'm not going to say who they are, but I always had one person that like would always give me the weirdest presence every year.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you have that, like family member would just.
Speaker 1: Give me like a frisbee something that I was like twenty one years old and they give me a frisbee And I'm like, did you just go to a rand I'm like Kmart and be like, he'll do that's when you well in the dark frisbee just when he wanted this Christmas.
Speaker 3: You're buying stuff that you want. It's like yeah, it's like I love Frisbee. I'll buy this and hope he hates it and then I get to keep the Frisbee, what about you.
Speaker 1: Aqua moments, Man, I had an acamoma this way, and I feel like this probably happens to a lot of people. And then like, let's say, let's put ourselves in a situation. Right, Let's let's set the story up. You go to a meeting with someone, You sit down, you have an hour chat talking about business, whoever it is.
Speaker 2: You leave it.
Speaker 1: You go, it's great seeing you. You know, shake the hand, We'll catch you later. Next thing you know, they're walking the same direction as you, and I've gone like they left first, and then I've gone, what do I just kind of own this or do I stalk them ten meters behind? I don't know how to go about this situation here, So I kind of like waited, like I just sat there and just waited, like they.
Speaker 2: Parked like right next to me, like right next to my car.
Speaker 1: And I said that I just waited for them outside like an absolute idiot, and just like act like I was texting, just.
Speaker 2: So I wouldn't have to follow him.
Speaker 1: And I have that awkward walk behind him, creepy like kind of oh, we're going the same direction.
Speaker 3: This is an odd lock saying that like your walking gate is like what five meters.
Speaker 2: It's a slow jog from us.
Speaker 3: You could just five steps and you'd be at the end of the block and it's like it's not a problem.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, well yeah, step counter and that's so great.
Speaker 2: Just discovered one case steps ten to it.
Speaker 3: And then one more on this because that one just sprung to mind, because it's like now it's like this is therapy and it's all start. But I don't know if anyone's done this, and god, I hope someone else is done. It's just me and it's freaking weird. But like when you're in primary school, hopefully you're in primary school. If you did this high school, I'd just leave. I wouldn't come back. But when you're in primary school and you go to yell out to the teacher, but you yell out mum instead Mom. No, how old were you? I reckon I was like grade four, which is still pretty up there, but I vividly remember and I covered it. This is my cover, So like want the teacher and I go mom, and then everyone looks at me. So I pretend we had like the windows that let it like looked out over the street, and I just pretend didn't like I saw my mum walk past and I like started doing this like wave thing like over the road, and I was like, I went up to the window. I was like, mom ah, must mustn't have seen me. Then I just went back to my seat and just died.
Speaker 1: And he's like, yah, been one hour without her.
Speaker 3: Oh well, I don't do things.
Speaker 1: Say you're a sheltered child right now.
Speaker 3: That's why I don't interact with people.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, if you did that in high school, I think we'd have some real shit.
Speaker 3: And you're like seventeen or something, it's like, maybe get over.
Speaker 2: Way too larg She's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I don't deal with deal with that awkward moments at all, clearly as I just as I just.
Speaker 1: Said, that's that's a great way to finish the aquad Moments segment. I'm gonna put that up on socials too. Who knows, or go to the next segment, controversial, take the whole podcast. The whole podcast is very controversial. That's what we're here for. But I'll start off on this one because I've got a This is I think a sign of me getting old, and I don't know if anyone else has had this realization maybe that's around the same age. But we grew up it was Facebook, right. Facebook was the cool thing, then turned into Instagram and Twitter. Now as an adult it's turned into LinkedIn.
Speaker 3: That's sad if.
Speaker 1: You know, like Facebook was like you look at it's like Facebook, like the whole name is, like I can't remember this person's name. I just met someone on Facebook. To go figure out what their name is, you mentioned them. You're matching up of who I just met. That's now LinkedIn for me, which is like a business platform. I just stick to my guns here. I think LinkedIn very undervalued. It comes to figure out.
Speaker 3: Who LinkedIn went for a future life partner, have a good job, what's career history? Like where's the little bio about themselves and stuff?
Speaker 2: That's what's the what's the work life.
Speaker 3: You can't just settle for anyone. It's got to be the right person.
Speaker 1: I think we maybe have too much information out there. Yeah, in the public.
Speaker 3: I'm just linking in now is that what they call it? I'm linking in.
Speaker 2: I create the profile.
Speaker 3: Yeah it is, it is, and I'm just slowly catching up. But it kills me. I'm like, I'm trying to become a linked in person, but it's they're a type of people, and I've as.
Speaker 1: A creative, I think it's a very different take.
Speaker 3: I've ranted about this to my mates endless amount of times, like it'll be like, you know, I went to the store and bought some bread, but it'll be like spun into the biggest life accomplishment of all time. It's like, thank you for the absolute privilege that I had today to come into Cohls to collect the bread. What you guys do is God's work, and the synergy in which you perform is a high performance, Like shut up, I should just talk normal. And but I've since I've linked in, I've started to become that person. Like my vernacular is like, oh my god, the privilege of sitting down with Mason Cox, a once in a generation athlete, has really enlightened my life and soul and I feel cleansed and I can now leave this earth a happy man. Thank you, Mason.
Speaker 2: I think that's any truth to it.
Speaker 1: But I find it amazing that people like some of the descriptions of their roles, Like if someone is like front desk and you'll be like, it's like chief operations manager of the Collingwood Football clubs, you know, front office, and it's like you just are the welcome person, Like I don't know, don't go down there. Like people really beef up the profiles.
Speaker 3: My controversial take, and I might get deplatformed for.
Speaker 2: This, your comfit criticism for this.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know the beach. Yeah, well watched the beach. Y sucks and hear me out. You know, you know wind, wind is shiit right, you know, sands gets in everything. Well, if you just want to go where it's like windy and there's just sand, and then people are like, oh man, but the views at the beach, it's like there's nothing there, dude, you're looking out over the abyss. Well, what are you looking at the horizon? Great, so you're just getting all pounded by sand and wind. People like me get burnt to a bloody Christ's like, yeah, I love the beach. You roll back, You're like your skin's like leather because you've been melted to the freaking ground. And it's like, oh great, now I got to like wash sand out of my hair for the next fortnight. Sick.
Speaker 2: I can't agree on that.
Speaker 3: I tell me something that's wrong with what I said.
Speaker 2: I agree that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I agree on this, but the sand is annoying. I will agree with that. But the beach is a beautiful place I like. I think there's few things in life. I could sit there and listen to and watch every day and it is a roaring fire and waves crashing in the ocean. I could do that for hours on end.
Speaker 3: Maybe that's my problem. Sank Kilda Beach doesn't have waves crashing, and I think.
Speaker 1: The fact that you're calling Saint Kilda Beach is probably your problem, Brandon. There's way better beaches in this world than Saint Kilda, where it's literally just a sewage pit.
Speaker 3: Oh jeez, hot take, hot take.
Speaker 1: I literally think there was a headline while I've been here in Australia that sewage was going into Saint Kilda's beach. Like this is not something that's new.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well I can. The only thing I can get around at the beach is like the aura of the beach. I like jogging alongside the beach. I like, you know, you get a cuffe, you got the dog, you do all that salt water sucks, so it's like it's all together. It's like gin and tonic. Gin sucks.
Speaker 2: It sucks.
Speaker 3: It sucks, and you put them together, it's all right. I like it, but yeah, that's that's my heart take and you can't change my mind.
Speaker 1: Very controversial, I'm not I'm not sold on it, but I'm halfway sold. We go to the next bit. We're gonna implement this next part. It's gonna be called Coxy's Challenge. Now we're gonna put stuffut to socials. Is where we want to get engagement from everyone. We want to get comments about what you think should be a challenge that we have to do in the next two weeks. Catch up with Coxi's gonna come out every two weeks. We'll have an interview in between. So within the next two weeks we have to do a challenge, challenge anything. I'm gonna leave it open ended to the people, and this is probably gonna backfire. I'm not gonna lie right, and this is.
Speaker 3: Gonna be a bad one. You're gonna be like, no, that Coxy's Challenge, and it's gonna.
Speaker 1: Be something I can't do in the media, but you can. And we're gonna send this out to everyone. We're gonna put on social So I want everyone to.
Speaker 2: Go out there.
Speaker 1: If you're listening to this, go check out Instagram for Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok, whoever it is.
Speaker 2: Put on there.
Speaker 1: What you want a challenge to be, and we're going to try to complete it and we'll put out some maybe social posts to try to show you that we have completed this challenge by one person over these next two weeks.
Speaker 2: So looking looking forward to that.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 1: Kind of nervous about that more or anything, but yeah, it's a good little thing to engage the engagement from everyone else and be able to kind of be a community here. So really looking forward to that one. And another one we're going to do is one of probably the last little segments is going to be tell me something.
Speaker 3: Are you looking forward to something that I'm looking forward to? We can we announce who we did the next podcast. This is hot because this is a hot it's like breaking news. Take her on the well you know you do it. You interviewed the great man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the great manage. We have a little.
Speaker 1: The next episode of The Mason cock Show is with one of the greatest comedians of all time in Australia, Peter Heller.
Speaker 2: Legend.
Speaker 1: Hell he he's on the project. I was doing some amazing things. Strohnnie Shrawnie, gotta love Stohnnie, and we'll have a great little tribute to Stronnie. And I think it might be an alter ego for me. I'm not really too sure yet, but it's going to be classic. It involves me a mullet and the cowboy hat and that's about as much detail is.
Speaker 2: Going to give you.
Speaker 3: A We need a name for the altar we do.
Speaker 1: That will be next podcast. We'll figure we'll play that in somewhere. But yeah, he's gonna be the next one on. So he's what you're looking forward to.
Speaker 3: That to that dropping because it's cool. We released the Deal podcast and had awesome feedback.
Speaker 2: So good. I'm so grateful for it from everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the feedback, the reviews, the comments, the shares, the everything. So that was awesome because we kind of didn't know what was going to happen. So the fact that it came out and everyone really enjoyed it is awesome. So I'm hoping for more of the same. What about you.
Speaker 1: I've got my parents come in town next week Friday. Filthy Phil Cox.
Speaker 3: Filthy Phil gets a big gun. He's everywhere he is.
Speaker 1: If you iron't on him Twitter, Phil Coxs is your one eight? I think it was a Twitter handle check it out. Hilarious. He he actually knows about more more about Collingwood than I do, which is the game mate. Seriously, he should be on Channel seven. Stuff the way and carries everything else. Phil Cox commentated game I'm telling you Lundy will be filming the boundary be absurd.
Speaker 3: Great. Instead of roaming Brian, it's roaming Phield and he just gets around the rooms man.
Speaker 2: That would be, That would be amazing.
Speaker 3: He get starstruck as he met players.
Speaker 2: Stars.
Speaker 1: Well, I assume I'm his favorite player, but if you probably ask him outside of me being in the room, then he's probably going to say someone like burning around here or something. But he loves it. He's all about He's on Twitter. He watches every single game. The NFL afl over is. He watches every game Calumber plays. It's wild, Like even if I'm playing ANFL He'll watched the VFL game that week at like two am in the morning.
Speaker 3: He just loves because I've seen him comment on like this player played well, this player in the seconds whatever played well. Yeah, he's around and he.
Speaker 1: Also like loves chatting to other people online and god By, I'm sure he's probably seen some flak that's been thrown at me over the years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, loves it. He loves it.
Speaker 3: Like they got some serious screen time, like when you're playing your first game and stuff. They basically had a camera on I'm in the in the stands.
Speaker 1: They were walking down as a grandfa on twenty eighteen. They're telling the story. They're walking down Swan Street before the game people started chanting USA and following to them to the MGG, like walk them all the way to the MGG.
Speaker 2: USA like a mark. Yes.
Speaker 1: So they're just like it was just my mom and my brothers, like they were more popular than I was.
Speaker 3: I think you should just stick around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I think he wants to. My mother probably doesn't. If he could stay here, he probably would. We'll get to the next one. Top news headlines. This is gonna be a bit fun because there's a lot of things like I think of Australian I think of the NT news, give the headlines and some of the ridiculous newspaper he puts out there.
Speaker 3: It's working and they're like getting through to you.
Speaker 1: Don't get me wrong, Harold's sign also does some pretty just terrible punny headlines and like credit to them because it takes it's like a dad joke essentially some of these things. But the news is I think the gold standard. Yeah, they are next level because some of the stuff that happens up there is just disbelief around the world.
Speaker 3: I feel like they get to push the bar a bit more like the Yeah, they're a bit looser up there.
Speaker 1: One of these we have is is something that's happened recently where a protester I think it was, came into was the loover where the Mona Lisa is. Yeah, dressed up as a grandmother in a wheelchair, Yeah, rolled around and then smeared cake on the Mono Lisa.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well yeah, originally tried to break the bulletproof glass.
Speaker 2: With just definitely didn't do his research there research.
Speaker 3: Cold bulletproof glass.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the most famous painting in the world. Do you think it's going to be able to punch it?
Speaker 3: Like to the gun shows, not these guns.
Speaker 2: It was a skinny fello with her but yeah.
Speaker 3: Wiped cake all over the glass before being kind of dragged out of the loof.
Speaker 1: This is interesting because this has happened a few times now, we've had the French shopper and the woman you know, tying herself to the net doing a bit of I forget what she was actually trying to promote.
Speaker 2: But there's another thing.
Speaker 1: I mean the Brisbane Grand Fa we had people running out onto the field and kicking a ball and like I remember, the actually landed in like our box and I grabbed the footy after they kicked it and it had like their handle and stuff, and they got obviously thrown out and probably arrested.
Speaker 3: But what do you think of that? This is like clout chasing. It's different if I feel like, if it's you know, for a cause, I can kind of get around it, depending on what the cause is, obviously, but just for like clout it's like you're wasting everyone's time.
Speaker 1: I'll say this, if a person goes out and this is bar streaking, I don't think i'd do this so streaking. But if a person comes out and they're being an idiot running on the field like and they come near me, they're getting the shoulder to the chest like they are going to get laid out by yours. Truly, there's no doubt I will pin them to the ground, put their hands behind their back and wait till the security gets there and make them look like an idiot.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's fair.
Speaker 1: I mean I think that's for again, like I as an entertainer of like, I would not get in trouble for literally just taking a guy's head off.
Speaker 2: That's walking around the MCG.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like and most you should get a talking too. But it's like if they're if they're out there, they're putting themselves in harm's way. That's there.
Speaker 2: You cross our line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're an arena bro, and anything goes, I tackles everything else or not.
Speaker 2: But the other one is kind of crazy. Man. Look what was the headline? Hold on the headline.
Speaker 1: Here we've got is US tech company proposes Taser arm drones to stop school shootings. This is a bit of a change of just angle here, because obviously there's a massive problem in the US right now with school shootings and mass shootings in general. It is obnoxious, it's terrifying, it's dreadful, it's disgusting. As an American, it's it's truly embarrassing. The way it's gotten, how bad it's gotten, is just crazy to think it's, you know, a safety reason of why or not you're going to send your kids to school and be able to see him by the end of the days. Gotten to the point where it's just I think, like it's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how are we?
Speaker 2: How are we here? I don't know, it's insane, But I.
Speaker 1: Can look at this and I think of this, and I want to have to say because I like, obviously it's such a hot top in the US and everyone's talking about this and they're like, I'll show he's doing a stand because they're like, we don't have guns here, you know, which you do have guns here for like some people, but they're highly regulated.
Speaker 3: And you don't you don't see them. You're not as visible. Yeah, you just don't see them.
Speaker 1: But in Texas there's all kinds of stuff like I like, I remember I went to school in Oklahoma, Like I had three roommates, all of mad guns. One of them had I think like four shotguns, the other two had pistols in their nightstands. And I don't even know a bat. I think I was on the other side of the house or something like, I didn't have anything. But it was just normalized and it's like growing up like just guns around is somewhat normalized in the US, and not everywhere in the US, but specifically where I grew up in Texas definitely, and that's where a lot of these shootings are actually happening. But the fact that an eighteen year old can go to anywhere and buy a semi automatic weapon.
Speaker 3: Two he brought to this kid in particular.
Speaker 1: Is absurd. Can you imagine that at eighteen, Like you can't even drink in the US, but you're allowed to buy a semi automatic gun and do whatever you please with it. Well, yeah, without any restriction.
Speaker 3: Just the ease that you can kind of get access to this stuff. Like I remember when we were in the States and it was like just going into Walmart by a gun, you can buy AMMO, you can buy all of that stuff. And I feel like every time there's one of these shootings, everyone gets caught up in the in the States side of things. Everyone gets caught up in the semantics of like the whole thing. It's like, oh, should it be these types of bullets or this cartridge or this like stock or whatever. And its like from the outside looking in the rest of the world is just saying like it's pretty clear cut, like there's clear examples of the change that's happened in other countries, whether it's you know, Canada, Australia, there's the UK. There's plenty of examples of like gun bands coming in and it having a massive effect. But you know, the US kind of seems pretty insula like they kind of like look say, look inwards, whether that's every cis them like prison system, healthcare system, education system. But back to like the gun issue, surely a lot of it comes down to the culture of it and growing up with guns, and you know, even being over there, the way that like veterans are like overly not overly praised, but like it's a real front and center thing is very much a thing you're the first on planes, everyone's like congratulating you and stuff like that, whereas here it's everything's really understated, even when it comes to like we'll have ANZAC Day and stuff like that, and but like really understated things. It just feels like the culture of it is really different, and I can I can't really imagine give us a bit of an insight on like the culture of it specifically in Texas as opposed to like everywhere.
Speaker 1: Texas is a place so Texas is a place that people don't like to be told what to do, and that's the simple facts of it. I think taxes is a very kind of stubborn way of living. Like they're very, very caring towards each other and there's somewhat of an Australian kind of like care factor towards each other in that sense. But if anyone tries to tell what Texas wants to, like, what they should do, I mean you look at the abortion laws, you look at everything going on, like Texas is always at the center of everything because they refuse to say, like to refuse to agree with everyone essentially, and that's kind of one of the issues I think, like the gun laws thing like everyone goes, oh, why don't use band guns? So well, it's not as easy as that, Like you can't just you look at what's happening the last I mean, you've had a literally a riot at the capitol of the Sedge, which is crazy, like insane. I still am blown away that actually happened. Also, But you can't just go from one extreme to another, like there has to be a subtle chipping away of the ability to buy guns and am and everything else to the point where you create these restrictions smaller, smaller, smaller impimications that eventually you get to the point where you don't you need a massive amount of regulation to be able to get a gun. Yea. And you'll get to that over a certain money years. But you can't just go from Okay, we're gonna go people have guns to now people can't have guns, because what's gonna happen is people are gonna lose their FM mark get right.
Speaker 2: And that's just the Cold Hord facts.
Speaker 1: But I think the biggest thing that needs to happen now is we need to start implementing things where if you do want to get a gun, you have to be you know, assessed, or you have to have a proper you know, safety protocol or whatever it is. You had to start implementing these things as a guaranteed to be able to get a gun or be able to buy a gun. You have to start implementing these things slowly over the process, over a certain amount of years, and then you can kind of get to a place where it's highly regular and heavily restricted, like it is here in Australia.
Speaker 3: But is that I guess a lot of gun owners and people that are right into it, they think it's like a slippery slope. Yeah, well, like once you start that, the next thing is going to be banning all guns, whether it's like banning some guns, like if the hot topic is like banning the AR fifteen or whatever, because it's you know, the go to gun for these like mass shootings. Like, is there a step that can be even more watered down than that, or is that it kind of just has to happen. It's really the only next step because everything besides that is like, let's take away this specific stock and stuff that doesn't do anything, It doesn't accomplish anything.
Speaker 1: It's I don't like, I'm not gonna sit here and say I've got the perfect formula. First thing, to be honest, I think the first thing is you have to ban semi automatics. That's the easy thing. That's like the first stepping, soone that I think a lot of people would agree with. Like it's yeah, there's gonna be some people that are upset that. And I know people obviously serve in the military and they have different types of guns from you know AR fifteen's to AK forty sevens or whatever it is. And like pistols and everything else, and they are people that are highly trained in these things, like they have that, But the fact that they have the same availability to get a gun as someone who's a team is zero regulations, zero understanding of how a gun works is absurd. So I think the biggest step is first semi automatics and then being able to have everything registered. If you buy something, you are properly put into a system that shows you know what you've bought recently, you know how much of it you've bought, and everything else, and there's a limit to everything. Yeah, Like that needs to be the biggest thing. And then from there you kind of start implementing these regulations slowly over the years to the point where you get to what not necessarily you go to the extent of what Australia has, because I think they will probably scare a lot of Americans, But I think you need to slowly be able to restrict these things over a longer period of time to get to something that's at least agreeable to the point that these I'm not having to read a damn headline every single week saying that there's been another shooting in America. Its shits me. Well I can, I don't. I don't like try to cuss on this thing. But it is frustrating as hell. It is, and it's yeah, it's part of the culture. And I'm not sitting here. You know, I've met the President of the United States, but I'm not the president.
Speaker 2: Of the United States.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I don't think I'll see Australian June twenty second, boys and girls listen in.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a great day.
Speaker 1: We'll jump off that though. And that's a bit of a heavy topic. I know of that, but it's something I think that, Uh, I get asked a lot about. I understand it's a it's a hot topic in Australia and there's plenty to cover there. I could talk on it for hours and hours. But that's That'll be the end of that. Well, we'll jump into the next part. Let's flip it around. We're going to go something extremely exciting. And this is why we have people tune into this. It's listeners questions.
Speaker 3: This is yeah, listeners questions and we put it out there after it was surprised it was actually me who did the post.
Speaker 1: I would have guessed people like os Mason tweeting during the game. I was like instagramming during the game.
Speaker 3: I was almost like sprinted off and just quickly got a knock out of posts. We put a post out asking for listeners questions and we got.
Speaker 2: A ton loved it.
Speaker 3: We got so many and they were really good, like it wasn't a lot of them were about the glasses when it started raining, but about half of about yees. So we'll jump into this. And apologies if I read your handle wrong, because there's some tricky ones in there. But we got Marissa Samuelson. She writes in what is your guilty Pleasure?
Speaker 1: My guilty pleasure to be honest, and I have this every single I know it's a sin living in Melbourne, but I'm not a coffee person. I'm actually a tea guy and I'm a big fiend for Tea two, which is a company made in Melbourne. Look, I'm supporting Aussie brands here.
Speaker 2: And the other day I.
Speaker 1: Went into a t too and this is probably show maybe we need to a sponsor of T two on board.
Speaker 3: I can't even believe it was a tatoo store, like you just go into too. Well, I don't know.
Speaker 1: None of them believed me. No one there had any idea who I was. I can guarantee you that you just settle it. And I spent three hundred dollars on tea. What's what's there's accessories, there's tea, there's big tens, there's a little tens, there's you can mix tease.
Speaker 2: It's it's a whole thing. It's it's a real gist.
Speaker 3: So what's the most expensive thing that you bought out of?
Speaker 1: Like the things I bought, like this big kind of tea jug that bruised it and it kind of does like a fruit tea.
Speaker 2: You know, you can have in the afternoon, real nice, it's beautiful.
Speaker 3: How many teats of the day you're drinking.
Speaker 1: Cops of tea? I'm probably going about four.
Speaker 3: I don't even know if that's good to bad. Do these things have caffeine? Now? I do have caffeine, So that's all right, that's not too bad. It's not like you're just okay, is it terrible? You know, it's just it's made from the earth.
Speaker 1: Therefore, if we won't go down, that's going to go.
Speaker 3: I drink the long Blacks because I figure, if you if you can work all your way up to long black. You can't have a bad coffee, like I can drink instant, I can drink from a servo, anything.
Speaker 2: Anything, guilty, pleasure, Kinder.
Speaker 3: Surprise, chocolate, but the egg, which is like, then you got the toy and stuff. Yeah, I guess I'll play with it. That's great, but yeah, just that chocolate. It has to be specifically that we got. The next one we got Christian Galia. How do you deal with criticism, your dickhead?
Speaker 1: It was just how do you deal with criticism?
Speaker 3: That was not the end, Yeah, said that.
Speaker 2: Now this is an interesting one.
Speaker 1: A lot of people ask me about this because for some reason Australian they are very polarizing, and I think it's maybe, I don't know, they just want people to fit in the footy box and not just so different from probably what anyone's used to being an American playing AFL and being the only one that does that. So, to be honest, a lot of people they see it on social media and this is a big thing, you know. And I won't say who specialist was, but a comedian once said Twitter is not a real place. Yeah, and this is what I think is ninety nine percent of people that troll me on Twitter or toll me on whatever social.
Speaker 2: Media platform which I don't even really see.
Speaker 1: To be honest, would not say that to my face if they were staying in front of me and saw a guy who's seven feet tall, and they would just say, you're shit at footy. Yeah, I think they would run the other way very quickly, brighton. Yeah, And that's kind of the way.
Speaker 2: Look, I'll look at this.
Speaker 1: Probably every person that says something like that, it is probably brought out of their mind that they have so much free time to go literally find me on socials, write something crap about me and then tag me in it as if it's going to hurt my feelings. Is someone who's probably about forty fifty years old living a mom's basement in some rule town. Yeah, that's like all on, Steve, Like, if you have that much free time, I shouldn't be worried about your opinion. You know.
Speaker 3: The other thing that I find funny is like you probably don't see most of this, So it's all these people just yelling into the void like they're just sitting at home just super frustrated.
Speaker 1: For whatever reason, people tell me stuff all the time, like like, did you hear something something I was like, I do not listen to media, Like a lot of media just kind of does not get get into my head, Like I just don't even see it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's another interesting one. So kay, Parker, what made you want to start the podcast?
Speaker 1: I actually throw this to you because you you and I've had a relationship for a long long time, like you originally worked at calling with football. Yeah, and we've been doing this for We've been wanting to do this for like three four years now. Yeah, this obviously you can talk about how you created this amazing fan that is rolling podcast. It's really mobile podcast, in studio, rolling studio, checking my own socials. This is something that's been a passion product. You can talk I'm like, I say talk about you can talk about it.
Speaker 3: I mean, it makes it just makes so much sense, doesn't it. If you look at the personalities from across the league. Not everyone can have a podcast. I just put that out there. But like, your story in general is so unique. We also got along, so that kind of helps. But you're also like you've gone outside of that bubble. I feel like you've broken outside of the a f L bubble and you can talk to kind of anyone about anything from travel to you know, cooking to grooming tips. I don't know, just putting out other potential podcast angles that we can go for. But yeah, I just thought it made a hell of a lot of sense. And yeah, coming off Jock and Journa talking with Pendles, Oh my god, is he still kicking around?
Speaker 2: Is he fine? Why?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No, I've been, yeah, pushing hard for this, but you're a busy man.
Speaker 2: It is a bit of a chaos.
Speaker 1: But we've got a few passion projects of working on, like we mentioned earlier in the podcast, that one, the international one.
Speaker 2: We're hustling and we're excited about this.
Speaker 1: We're trying to grow this as much as possible, to do a lot of work for this thing, and it's it's a credit to you. We're really thankful. We as in literally may because it's just us too. But you doing the socials and everything else.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 3: I gotta payroll and everything that I've paid myself.
Speaker 2: Huge budget we need.
Speaker 1: But now, seriously, it's it's been awesome, Like these first few episodes have been so much fun. It's uh, it's been a great time. I really wish we had done this earlier to be honest.
Speaker 3: Well, I said, we're friends, but the next one could really split us up. Something that Australia does way better than the US and something that the US does way better than Australia.
Speaker 1: All Right, this one, I think you'll actually agree on this. I'll be honestly, bro, I think you'll agree on this one. Now, something that OZ does better in the US or Australia has been in the United States is mental health advocacy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think here it is very much in front of you. It's very relevant to today, and I think there's a lot more attention to it here in Australia. Like in America, it's still pretty ruthless. You get kind of sports and stuff because there's so much money in it. People are just like, you know, you're getting paid x amount. Shut up, we don't care if you thinks. Shut up and dribble that whole kind of comment.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Well, I think here with are Ukada and different like kind of you know, things along that line, there's a lot more attention towards mental health and more understanding towards it. Is there a long way to go, yes, of course, but I think there's a lot better understanding of mental health here in Australia than than America. But things that USA does better in Australia and we'll stay along. Sports entertainment aspects. I feel like you go to like a baseball game or football game, you know there's like halftime or quarter time or like there's so much stoppages in the US sports, but there's always something going on. There's always something for the kids to be involved in. There's some kind of dot race, or there's some guy like who's the flash running in the outfield or whatever.
Speaker 2: There's always something entertainment.
Speaker 1: There's guys a trampolines at the basketball game doing like six flips, doing a dunk. Like there's always something to keep you in your seat. Where in Melbourne it's like it's a core time. He's like halftime, you might ever get a beer and then you just kind of like sit around, talk to your mates whatever. There's nothing really Like you watch the kids watch ice kicking and essentially you pick out one kid and you go, this guy's going to be a gun.
Speaker 2: You're trying to.
Speaker 1: Find your one team, you know, like if you're you tell you find the team. In the little kick game, you look at and you're highly invested in that. Yeah, and that's the best entertainment outside of the actual game that you'll get on the day. I think that's probably the big thing that USA does a little bit better on ours, and there's a lot of room for improvement.
Speaker 3: Is that because your attention span is really short in this isn't everyone's?
Speaker 2: Isn't that hard?
Speaker 1: TikTok's popular now because everyone's on a fifteen second attention span.
Speaker 3: Very fair. That one was from Kim Hellum eighty five. Thanks Kim. Favorite Australian holiday and why was it Tasmania? That's from Natos.
Speaker 2: Look, I've actually big FANTASTI I think Tazzy is underrated. Have you been to Tazzy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's great if you want to, you snuggle up, you get a red wine, you go to a few exhibitions, you can.
Speaker 2: A flute here something jazz, well you flute, got it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's nice, it's nice.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 1: I think Tasmania is a beautiful place now it is called for like half the year. There's last time I went to Tasmania right like it was I it was mid season by or something along those lines. Maybe it was preseason, but I was with my brother and we looked up online. We go, we'll go tazy for like three or four days. So what's on in Tasmania? And the first thing that comes up on what's on in Tasmania? Brandon, what is it? It's Evandale Penny Farthing Festival. Now this is if you don't know a penny farther than it's essentially the big wheel on the front and the little minture wheel on the back.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: They have a national festival for this thing in Evansdale, Evandale, and we went with very low hope is expectations, I'll be honest, but we met some of the most interesting people I will ever meet in Australia guaranteed.
Speaker 2: Man, Like we met.
Speaker 3: So what do they do?
Speaker 2: They literally race.
Speaker 1: There's like it's a circle and there's maybe it's like a quarter of a mile or like a you know, a half like a velladrome half. Okay, No, it's like it's in town. The town is literally just like a little circle because it's a very small town and it's just a little circle and it's literally takes like a minute to do the full circle and it's maybe like two or three laps and then there's a winner crown at the end of it, and they have like different sections for old man. So you see the little old man with like the curled up mustaches riding these big old school like nineteen hundred's bicycles around and they just love it. Man, I'm Telly. There's there's a whole national championship right, and there's I don't know if you know this, here's the goat. The goat is a guy named James Fowler. Now, this guy, Jimmy thirty time champion. I'm telling you, he is the goat of Penny far thirty times and that's not even including second and third place when he was probably five years old. But this guy's absolutely got and he's the nicest fellow. Seriously, I met him and he was like, yeah, dude, gave me so much time, some random ass dude off the street, Like I had no idea what I was talking about or anything about Penny farther me.
Speaker 3: But he met the Michael Jordan of Penny Fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Michael. I would almost say the Michael Jordan cross Lebron James.
Speaker 1: The o g goat a Penny farthing, and that was Seriously, I would love to go back and do like a proper segment. And also I think it'd be great content making on one of those, because that actually might be the first bicycle that ever fits me. Brdon ye, because I think you can just step up onto it. It's actually like a custom bike. It actually might fit me. But it reminds me of something else that's coming up. And this is another little random side thing. But the Cooper's Hill cheese rolling competition in England. Do you know about this?
Speaker 3: I think I've seen clips. Is this when they roll the cheese wheel down the massive hill.
Speaker 1: This is like a just ninety degree hill. This is no chance of staying upright on this thing going down, and they're hum and for this wheel, a cheese wheel of cheese. I don't know why they got to that is the actual like thing.
Speaker 2: They're chasing money or something, I guess Chetta, it is that joke for the day.
Speaker 1: I love that. Now it's it is coming up, and I'm really excited. Do I know anything about it, Brandon, No, but I'm very excid for the winner.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Does I g assume he just wins a wheel cheese Probably the least exciting thing to risk your life for.
Speaker 3: But surely it's notoriety. You walk through town as the guy that got the cheese, and.
Speaker 2: I'd be I'd make a trophy out of that. It would be so good.
Speaker 3: I am trying to see you with your long levers and I'd make it one.
Speaker 1: Step and then it'd be seriously, it'd be an avalanche going down.
Speaker 3: You blow out both knees and snap forward and you kind of just slide the rest of the.
Speaker 2: It would not be either way.
Speaker 1: Maybe post career, the post career champion, champion, the Cooper's Hill cheese roller championship.
Speaker 3: Baby, I'm pretty confident there wouldn't be someone that's done both.
Speaker 2: No chance.
Speaker 3: So you can be the first Jewel Penny Farthing cheese Cooper Hill grabbing Texan that ever lived.
Speaker 2: Isn't that the dream the dream man? Then move on to the next one.
Speaker 1: We've got the shed Stagram, the instagram did you play when Marcus Smart pushed a fan? And what's your views on fan abuse?
Speaker 2: Now, we're not for it.
Speaker 3: You just talking about the guys that jumped onto the field. He's like, kick their ass.
Speaker 1: That's a different kind of fan abuse that you can kind of throw it out there. I am kind of Okay, yeah, I get I get where you're coming from here, but I did play when Marcus Smart pushed a fan.
Speaker 2: And Mark Smart is in the finals of the NBA right now.
Speaker 1: He's he's playing for the Celtics, and he's he's had a stellar career.
Speaker 2: He's one of the best defensive players.
Speaker 1: He's doing really I think the last game he didn't do so well, but the game four is really well. He's come back from injury and everything else. But it's kind of crazy to believe. But that whole scenario of Marcus Smart running into the crowd and pushing a fan actually started my AFL career. Yeah, it's a very long story, bright, and we'll keep it short. But that led to an opportunity for me to play basketball, which led to an opportunity and me playing the NCAA Tournament, which is a basketball tournament, which then from there, the AFL saw me playing, picked me out, gote me to a combine, then got me a contract.
Speaker 2: Now I'm so on now, eight years into it.
Speaker 1: So if Marcus Smart didn't run into the stands like a chaotic human being that he was and push a guy for the reasonings, I understand, but I'm not going to get into the whole thing, but shoved the guy at Texas Tech, then I probably wouldn't be in the back of this van doing this podcast right now with you, Brighten, I would have never heard of Melbourne.
Speaker 3: What ifl is what a sloting dorm moment?
Speaker 2: Very much.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of things that had happen on the roller coaster of a lot to get me to where I'm at.
Speaker 2: But we'll go to the next one.
Speaker 1: Would you ever consider getting a mullet by Lily dot com dot au.
Speaker 3: Just finish off the ensemble you already people already look at you, your seven foot I think if you added a mullet.
Speaker 2: Real draper mullet, Yeah I could.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I actually think there might be a little It might be a little plug for the next podcast.
Speaker 2: In this one, there might be you.
Speaker 1: If you stay tuned for the next podcast, I can guarantee you will see me in a cowboy hat, mullet and maybe a pair of Sonnies.
Speaker 3: That's a that's a guarantee.
Speaker 1: It's a real gift to our viewers out there.
Speaker 3: I like this one. This one's from Nathan Clark, Hey Mason, I'm a massive Saints fan. And followed your story ever since twenty sixteen, then it takes a real right to if you ever tried fairy bread.
Speaker 2: Fairy bread, yeah, bread, I've heard of this.
Speaker 1: No, I've heard of this bread and this is very the most It was one of the most obnoxious things I've ever heard in Australia.
Speaker 3: It's iconic.
Speaker 2: It is ridiculous. Who came up with this and who had the idea?
Speaker 3: Australian is the core.
Speaker 1: It is what is.
Speaker 2: Left in the fridge, what is left in the cupboard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's for those who don't know who you've been living under a rock. For our US followers, it's essentially the plain white square of bread, like the cheapest like cardboard esque bread you can get, and then you lather it up with butter like an inch like it's got to be. It's almost thicker than the bread, and then you just and then you just like layer that with hundreds and thousands, which.
Speaker 2: Is like sprinkles essentially, what else would.
Speaker 3: You call it? Hundreds and thousands, which is basically just balls of colored sugar. So it's really nutritional. It gives you that kick that you don't get because you're on your tea or whatever. So we've actually got some here that we want you to try.
Speaker 1: So you've never had this going to be this is a huge, huge moment in my life. You've never had experience of fairy bread on Amazing cock Show. I must say this because we created this earlier and the one thing that.
Speaker 3: Blew me anything was I can't see the amount of butter.
Speaker 1: The amount of butter. This thing is like thick. It's yeah, this is media thick. Well, there's more butter than bread.
Speaker 3: If you don't get to play of the next game from like Diabetes skin.
Speaker 2: Brand with America. So here it is.
Speaker 1: Here is my first ever bite of fairy bread.
Speaker 3: I can't wait for your review. Always gone deep on it, a little fool and oh it's crunchy. That's what you want from a bread product. A little bit of butter in there. I don't know if you can take but oh yeah, I will say this. I've had worse things about life. Oh see, that's that's a positive.
Speaker 1: But if I needed to increase my butter intake per day, this would be a great way.
Speaker 3: That's good for your bones.
Speaker 1: It's actually somewhat pleasant, which actually just serves me the same thing. I'm not sold on having this every day. But if someone were to offer it, man I was ten years old, Yeah, I would actually take it even I even take a second pipe, Take a second brother.
Speaker 3: So if you had one of them before every game, it'll just juice it right up. Imagine that you'll run out the game. You got the energy to take you through. See you give that to like a six year old at a birthday party and they're just bouncing off the walls. It's great, get the energy out.
Speaker 2: I think we want to horror on the butter straight butter Bro.
Speaker 3: If you watch the video where we made it, it's yeah, there's a little bit of butter on there. I'm actually surprised how much.
Speaker 1: Buddy, here's I feel sick now.
Speaker 3: So that's the end of episode one of Coxy's catch Up.
Speaker 1: Thanks so much for tuning in everyone, it's been great, hopefull you've learned something along the line for the last like however long we've been on here. But we're gonna do this every other week. We're gonna have interviews in between, and like you said before, we want to get some of your feedback on some of these things because we want to be as engaging as possible with this and make this more of a fans kind of podcast, and the fans podcast where we can hit all the topics you want to hear about, give you a bit of a laugh along the way and have a good time.
Speaker 2: And I'm a bit nervous, to be honest with what else is going.
Speaker 1: To be thrown thrown at me as far as being able to get assimilated to this Australian culture.
Speaker 2: Hopefully it's better than fairy bread. That's all I can say.
Speaker 3: You said you hadn't had veggimint on tous that's guaranteed. That's a luck for next week next catch forward.
Speaker 1: To that anyway, But thank you guys for coming on. Obviously, follow us on socials. We got YouTube, we've got Twitter, we've got Instagram, we've got TikTok, and we've got LinkedIn, LinkedIn and there's another one. We have Facebook, Facebook, the other one sorryan LinkedIn, check on, check us out, comment and everything else. Trying to get engage with us. We're trying to build this as much as possible, So engage with the community and we're gonna do some amazing things. But Brighton first one's in the books. Thanks for coming on so good to actually see your face. He is the man that does everything behind the podcast and then the person that really makes us think, tick and run, so we all appreciate.
Speaker 3: That from carrying the pud.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, seriously, it should be yeah, it's you do carry the pot.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna lie, but just talking to him, Mike.
Speaker 1: But thanks for tuning in everyone, have a great day, and we're excited to have Peter Heller.
Speaker 2: On as the next guest, so tune in for that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, you