Speaker 1: This one is for anybody out there who is single. This is going to be a little hot tip for you. Something that I wish i'd known back in the time when I was out there flirting and trying to date.
Speaker 2: Well, not all heroes were capes. I'm just here to save the day everyone.
Speaker 1: I would say that I am a particularly bad flirt, Like the idea of flirting makes me feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: I don't often agree with you, but I will hear here.
Speaker 1: Thank you? What about me makes you think that I can't flirt everything? Oh, to be fair, we were just talking about this. It is shocking to me, genuinely shocking that I managed to win the Bachelor, because like, when it comes to wooing a guy or flirting, I don't think that I have a sexual bone in my body, Like literally, it's non existent.
Speaker 2: That's more the manipulation that you used to get.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what my husband still says after eight years together.
Speaker 2: I'm joking. I don't know. I don't want it to come across the wrong way like I'm bullying you.
Speaker 1: You are, but that's okay.
Speaker 2: No, you don't scream flirty, you just don't. I don't know what it is Okay, but while you get by on being super good looking.
Speaker 1: That's not even true. But you can keep on and complimenting me, It's fine. Look, the reason I want to talk about this is because I think there is a very fine line between being a good flirt and being a creep. Like that line is thin, and you don't know what side you sit on until you hear that someone's talking about you behind your back.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right, And a lot of it comes down to eye contact. Now we all know the eye contact is very important, but how much is too much? How do you know what is the right amount of eye contact to hold with someone who you think could be, like, you know, a hot and potential partner. So there's a relationship expert who's come out. Her name is Luanne Ward, and she has said that there is an eye contact rule. It is called the at twenty eye contact rule. The amount of eye contact like as in like maintaining physical eye contact with someone that you should hold is only twenty percent. What you should be doing is going around the golden triangle. So you should be like moving your eye contact from the eyes to the mouth, to the nose, to the eyes to the general to the mouth to how low down is that triangleg and that's when you know you've reached creep stata. No, but like it's the moving of the eyes around that creates a sense of confusion, not confusion I was gonna say, of like suspense producer Grace is looking at me like I've lost the blow in the room. No, but it's meant to like help you create a sense of like lust rather than coming across as too intense or two for long.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, hear me out. I am basically a relationship expert without the actual qualification. What I will say is I don't think you should be looking all over the face because when you look at the forehead it makes people feel awkward, like they've got something on their face.
Speaker 1: That is, like I said, eyes nose mouth, eyes nose mouth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you literally said all over the face. But I think when you look above the eyes, it's weird. It makes them uncomfortable, like they've gotten something on their face.
Speaker 1: What if I look at above your eyes, I do now.
Speaker 2: I feel like I got saying on my head. Yeah what I What I think the best thing to do is is just a really subtle glance down to live like that, that was hot. Admit it. I just did to you, did you? Everyone in the car You're they felt that.
Speaker 1: They felt it. They felt the tone shift in your voice. You always make things weird.
Speaker 2: It's like the subtle smiles and then the look away. So like when you see someone produce a gray stuff, raising your eyebrows at me and like blow your kisses across the room. But that was sort of hot too. I think it's the like, for example, you might not be in conversation with someone, but this is like my main tip for flirting. Look across the room at them where it's out of your way, like you might even have to look over your shoulder at them, catch their eye for a minute, little smirk, look away, ten minutes later, little look back. That's it. That's enough, two second eye contact. That is enough for them to be like hold the line.
Speaker 1: But that's the question, right. That's always to me is how long does the eye contact need to be held from across the room, because that's when it can err into Okay, that's too long. That person's just staring at me. You not a minute.
Speaker 2: It's just not like a minute. Steering competition across the room, like who can blink first?
Speaker 1: You know what. I also think though, fifty percent, yeah, sure, it might be technique of like how you're looking at someone's eyes whatever. The other fifty percent is whether or not you're attracted to the person, because if they're hot and they're staring at you from across the room, it doesn't matter. If they're standing there staring you for ten minutes, you'd be like, so, I got it, not creepy. But if there was someone who you're not attracted to at all, then that's when I think it ers into creepy territory, which is totally unfair, but it does show that we're very superficial beings.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I wouldn't add anything to that. I think that was a perfect wrap off of how to flirt.
Speaker 1: Thank you well done, Bruce Luan everybody. If you want any more great tips like that, you can go to Britney's Instagram page Britty Underscore Hockey.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Goldie Triangle. I'm pretty sure that means something else in another country.
Speaker 1: It does, It really does.