Speaker 1: Pick up, let's go, it's a Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Pick up, staple, pick up? Put down.
Speaker 1: I'm going to give you Britain, Laura, a topic, a new story that the world is talking about. You decide whether we continue talking about it, we pick it up, or we stopped talking about it, we put it down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all the really exciting stuff that's been going down the news.
Speaker 2: Hey, oh no, you got love this.
Speaker 1: I know you two are going to love this the news yesterday that has really stopped the nation, and that is the band Oasis reuniting.
Speaker 2: Pick it up or put it down?
Speaker 4: What hit it up? What about half?
Speaker 2: She talk?
Speaker 4: Okay, turn off before we stop singing it.
Speaker 5: Oasis is an institution, and I know, Mitch, embarrassingly for you, you don't know who they are, you don't know their music, but they are one of the biggest bands of all time. And they're one of those bands that just had hit after hit after hit, like they were not a one hit wonder thang is And if.
Speaker 3: You're a millennial, you know that.
Speaker 1: I did research for their brothers, right, the brothers who in Oasis, they had.
Speaker 2: A massive falling out, didn't talk for years, in years, I didn't even know that.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 3: You had to research this.
Speaker 2: Ie Nolan, Liam Gallagher.
Speaker 1: They know they do not talk four years, but everyone's like, wow, they must be back together, they must be friends. Well, no, the speculation is today that because Nol just got divorced from his second wife in a settlement that's cost him twenty million pounds money, he needs money, so they don't Actually they don't really like each other, but he's like, mate, we got.
Speaker 2: To do this.
Speaker 3: It's fine. It's so interesting when family members, you know, just stop getting along.
Speaker 2: Moving on. Pick up put down. Calling old people oldies.
Speaker 4: Why I need context?
Speaker 2: Pick it up? I read this article. Yeah, it's a viral TikTok.
Speaker 1: An American woman who lives in Australia, has revealed that the Australian slang oldies we are also oldies for old people would offend people back in the States.
Speaker 2: My Americans, braced yourself for this because this would never ever fly.
Speaker 4: In America, people literally.
Speaker 5: Call elderly people oldies, like they call them oldies, and they talk about them like, oh, yeah.
Speaker 4: Those are the oldies. That's where the oldies go.
Speaker 2: And it's not really at least what I've seen offensive here, whereas in America.
Speaker 3: I swear saying that.
Speaker 5: You're old, let alone go, you're an oldie, send people through the roof.
Speaker 3: It's not offensive, but it's certainly not a compliment, is it. I mean, actually, we should probably ask the oldies as to whether it is offensive or not.
Speaker 2: Girls.
Speaker 5: I think it's because I was about to say old is subjective.
Speaker 4: It's because you don't really in what context. I don't know.
Speaker 5: If we say to a lot of people's faces, but if in the way that she said, it's like, oh that you move into a home when you're an oldie, Like.
Speaker 4: I guess it's more a group together, I don't know. We say it in an endearing way. We don't have any maliciousness when we say it.
Speaker 3: Nah, But I feel like if we're going to take it a bit too seriously, which we probably shouldn't, it is a bit ageist if you're going to.
Speaker 4: Really it's not because you age. We all age and you're old and you go into a retirement home.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's also a thing, Laura, to shorten a word. We shorten every word. We put an I E on the end of everything. You know that old and oldies.
Speaker 3: That's two syllables from one that's certainly not shortening.
Speaker 5: It's not shortening it, but we we don't is the right terminology for anything.
Speaker 4: We slanged everything.
Speaker 1: All right? I pick up, put down, naked quitting, put it down, put it down. Yeah, it's trend It's trending on quicktok hashtag quittok. Naked quitting is essentially telling your boss to shove it and quitting without having another gig lined up.
Speaker 3: I think that this sounds very aspirational. It would be great if you, if you're in a position and you're unhappy in your job, to be able to just quit, stick it to the man, walk out, and not have to care about it. But I think that that is such a privileged position for some people to be in, because I think most people have to worry about, well, where am I going to get an income from? So I think that I saw this trending on TikTok. I saw it trending online, and I don't know if it's a very safe message because so many people, if they quit their jobs, would be absolutely screwed.
Speaker 5: There are people definitely quitting their jobs for content, like because this is taking off.
Speaker 4: People are filming. It's not just that they're quitting, they're filming.
Speaker 5: They're putting a phone down and filming themselves quitting online to their boss and I'm like, how many of you are quitting with nowhere to go and no income just to film content?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 4: Crazy?
Speaker 1: There's a certain type of person that that would quit with nothing lined up. Laura, you would never do it, but you would do it. You are that you are that you are a and b am, I not wrong.
Speaker 4: I did quit ones and then buy one way ticket. A week later.
Speaker 5: I sold everything I owned, including my house, to go on a one way trip to Brazil, and I came back three years later.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I probably would.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I also have two kids, so I'm not quitting because I have to put food on the table.
Speaker 1: You take them with you, mate, You don't just quit and flee the country. I think it's not the concept. Run pay for it all right? All right?
Speaker 3: Well coming up next, I mean I have something that I think you will enjoy. I have a way for you to exercise without ever having to exercise at all.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's the dream that you get all the benefit. Next, Doctor Oz with us after this on the pickup