Speaker 1: It's in the news today, but it was actually on TV Reloaded podcast last week.
Speaker 2: Am I how would I describe a television set oh Man.
Speaker 1: Act from a headline grabbing point of view? The hack producer from me says one hundred percent put him in.
Speaker 3: Welcome back guys to TV Reload. My name's Benjamin Norris and on this podcast I go behind the scenes with the biggest players in television.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great questions. The show's about the game. There's a lot of great television out there in Australia.
Speaker 3: But I've also got to go behind the scenes with writers. The truth is, when I started writing it, it wasn't had nothing to do with the news and casting agents they.
Speaker 1: Know from a casting point of view what they need.
Speaker 3: And editors because that's what we do as editors where storytellers them. Not to forget some incredible executive producers who are making some of the best TV content in Australia. I have been on the program since the beginning and it's kind of in my DNA. So thanks for joining me each week and I hope the podcast continues to give you real insight into the magic of tee. Today on the podcast, I have Jackie Gillies from the Real Housewives of Melbourne. Jackie's been on the show since day one. She has weathered the storms, shined it up and shared her life story with the world. The show is back Sunday night on Fox Tail at eight thirty and then on Binge a couple of days later, so if you've missed the first episode of series five, then you need to go back and catch up on that as soon as possible. Jackie Gillies has been very open this season with her IVF struggles. She's really stepped it up to prove that she's the heart and soul behind the new series. Today, we unpack the drama that is before us, her thoughts on Gina and Lydia's exit from the show, which of the new Real Housewives she gets along with, and we talk about her loyal friendship with Janet. One of the biggest pot stirs of all time, This series promises to be one of the most unforgettable yet, with shocking twists and turns install for all the ladies, but with a sober, pregnant Jackie, don't expect her to be quiet.
Speaker 4: Is louder and brighter than ever.
Speaker 3: However, let's get started with this week's Midweek episode, I'd like to welcome Jackie Gillies to TV Reload.
Speaker 1: I think some of the arguments that happened this year really is about difference of opinions. I've seen it. I've never said that to someone. I've seen it written. It's not just only behavior, it's just don'ting who you are on every level. This situation has happened because somebody was unhappy about what you said to them. If there is a season six, I'm pretty sure that I'd be more than willing to come back. Shohne shine Shine to me means blessings to all and not to take on anyone's negativity. So that's where I feel like the problems probably started a rising with her and Angelie. This woman is naughtier than squirrel poop. When I started this show, the one thing I always said was that I was going to be absolutely authentic to who I am and really show my life.
Speaker 4: Hey, Jackie, how are we so well?
Speaker 1: Benjamin? Thank you so much for having me. I'm excited to be here and have a conversation with you, my love.
Speaker 3: You know, congratulations on the first episode, and I can't believe it's taken us this long to get to series five.
Speaker 1: It's been about two years in the making, but because of COVID, right they had to shut down production. All productions were shut down when it came to Tellson except for some but primarily for the real housewise because of when we actually film we're so close together. So COVID shut down the production for a year and a half and on going two years later, here we are.
Speaker 3: Quick question to start with is how do you come up with these taglines? Because've got a pretty good tagline this year? Did you work that out or does someone help you with it?
Speaker 1: No, we come up with them. But what happens is sometimes people do get a bit of a help, like O looks to me, I'm mumbling. Does somebody mumble around you? Now getting psychic by this, Benjamin? If somebody gets nervous, who mumbles around you?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: There could be lots of energies, Jackie. If I'm really honest with you, I.
Speaker 1: Feel it's connected to your dad that we'll get there later. AnyWho, Benjamin. So, yes, we do get help with our taglines, well some of the women do anyway, But you know, I like mine to be organic and something that actually reflects me. Watch out world, because I'm shining brighter than ever. I have to tell you I reckon that Roachie is the winner today. Like with her taglines, I don't like trouble unless I'm causing it.
Speaker 3: One of the good questions for you is what has changed for you with the Real Housewives since series one? Like how has it evolved for you?
Speaker 1: Obviously, my journeys have evolved. I think since doing season one, people have really seen me grow into my own and what I mean by that is wanting to become a mother, seeing that journey of that tug and pull of whether or not I'm ready to be a mother, and really showcasing my emotions during season one, two, three, and even four of where I was heading with motherhoods. So I feel the audience have come into it, Come on a journey with me with this. You don't realize how hard it is when you're trying IVF and you think am I going to get there? You know this is seven rounds in.
Speaker 4: The silver lining is that you can get pregnant.
Speaker 1: When I started this show, the one thing I always said was that I was going to be absolutely authentic to who I am and really show my life as it is. And the one thing that the producers have said over the years is, Jackie, you really feel like the heart and soul of the show because you really do open up about your struggles about whether it's you know, motherhood, or whether it's about your journey with being the psychic, you know, people not believing in all those things. So I feel that this is something that the audience needed to see. And now they're seeing my IVF struggles of becoming a mother, So I feel like I'm really opening myself up in a positive way that hopefully by starting the conversation of IBF, it inspires women to talk about it.
Speaker 3: Well, you had me in tears episode one, and I just thought it's so hard as well with reality television, because you know, it is about trust and being in front of the cameras and being in front of the producers and the other women that you're working with and sharing your story authentically. Yeah, I think all of that can be really hard to do. But I mean, already on episode one, you have us there.
Speaker 1: When I said yes to coming back for season five. The first time, I said no because I wasn't in the right headspace. I had to be I had to be in a positive frame of mind whilst doing IBF, and I only thought I was going to do a couple of rounds right. Never in my mind did I ever think that this was going to take round after round after round after round, going through the loss of a child and then experiencing that. And really, I feel like it was really important to share that people know me as a psychic medium, and I've been doing readings for seventeen years, and there's a lot of women out there that don't talk about IVF or miscarriages because they're ashamed or they're embarrassed. And I've seen that red handed in doing psychic meeting and meetings for all these years. And I've also seen that a lot of women don't even tell their parents or their siblings that they're going through IVF because they don't want to be judged. So I felt that it was very important for me to share this journey, to open, like I said, open up that conversation. And really, I know a lot of women out there struggle with fertility, and I felt like I had to be the voice and talk about it with something deep inside my soul was like I have to come back and talk about this.
Speaker 3: Was that the biggest selling point for you. Did you feel like that was just a part of your mission statement to tell that story for viewers around the world.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent. You know, I dreamt before I was asked to come back for season five. So the season four was asked to come back for any other Housewife was and I had to give them an answer within a week. And I was in Erica at the time, and I just started my second round of ive VF and I said to Lisa, I said, I'm not in the right headspace. I'm not coming back. I won't be an asset to the team. And I have to be honest with who I am. And if I'm not an asset, if I can't give them a hundred percent, then I'm not going to do it. So when it came back around and COVID and you know, a year and a half later, I had already been through quite a few rounds, so I knew what I was undertaking, and I knew how to balance those emotions and mormones. So I was used to what goes on. But I had a dream, true story. I had a dream. And the next day I told Bem what my dream was and my dream was that I was filming The Real Housewives. I've got a phone call that afternoon by Lisa Potash and I said, you're ringing me because you want me to come back on the show, And she said yeah, and I said, I'm in. And I knew it was because I had to showcase this. I really, I do believe that everything happens for a reason, and part of that was this journey.
Speaker 3: You know, how did being pregnant affect filming? Did that mean that you ended up becoming the sober one making sense while all the craziness went.
Speaker 1: You know what, it was really quite interesting to be to be filming whilst not even having a drink. But what people don't know is whilst I was filming The Real Housewives and motherl season five and being pregnant, at the same time, I was struggling with crippling, crippling sietkid to the point that I had to wear flat shoes, couldn't wear heels. My doctor said, you cannot wear heels. It was like in tears, crying like that. I could hardly move so and all the production knew what I was dealing with, and I'd still turn up and just put a smile on. You've got to do what you have to do. But it wasn't easy for me. It was a struggle emotionally with this sidey campaign that I've never ever experienced in my life. It was debilitating sometimes and so crippling. But in saying that, coming back to the alcohol thing, it was actually interesting to see how from the bird's eye view of some of this completely and utterly sober and not having one dream. Oh, my reactions are probably now that's not true because I I still reacted. I still get passionate about things, So I don't need to drink to be even louder, because that's who I am. But it's just really interesting to see how some of the other housewives drink too much and how they act.
Speaker 3: Wasn't it beautiful though that Janet was like, I'm not going to drink at this lunch that she was throwing. You know, that was a really nice idea, And I thought to myself as I saw it, You're gonna have to try and keep up with this, and I don't think you're gonna.
Speaker 5: You know that we've had the conversation about that you're doing over here.
Speaker 4: So JACKX, this is.
Speaker 5: The non alcoholic one. I don't want to make it obvious that you're not drinking. Oh my god, not drinking is I hate to say, it's so boring.
Speaker 1: Thank you, So.
Speaker 5: I'm coming out with you as I'm not drinking either.
Speaker 1: I said to her, girl, I appreciate you being the best of you are. The girl by this is not gonna laugh because it wouldn't last for me.
Speaker 4: But I love you.
Speaker 1: Worry somebody, I love you. I'll give it one crack, but no, I like and I like to have a wine or two, you know, tequila. I mean, you're out with the girls and you're shining it up and you're at a dinner party and listen. If I have to sometimes sit there and listen to some bullshit, I prefer to do it with a nice glass of read. Wouldn't you?
Speaker 4: Boys?
Speaker 3: Were you sad to see Lydia and Gina not come back to the show.
Speaker 1: I think Gina and Lydia absolutely bring something to the show, right because we're all cast for different reasons, and part of that reasons are we bring something that's different and.
Speaker 2: There's dynamic and that the audience like, you can't have everybody that's the same because if you do. There is no show in saying that the dynamic is completely natally changed when Lydia and Gina left the show.
Speaker 1: And yes, there are times that I go, oh, my god, Like I spoke to Jena the other day actually, and I said, girl, I think you should come back, because I actually miss Jena's energy. And listen, a lot of people don't know that Gena and I have very similar It's just that sometimes I don't agree with some of the stuff that she says, and sometimes she doesn't agree with some of the stuff that I say. But we're both very European, and this is probably why we butt heads. Like, girl, I don't believe what you're saying, she shaut, I don'tbelieve what you're saying. Well, well, then that's that. But the thing about Lydia and Gina is that you could have an argument or you have something and then a minute lady kind of talking again. That's because they know the program right, and I feel like some of the new housewives that have come in they've probably struggled with that, and there's nothing wrong with that because they're newbies right coming into something they're unaware of.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess does that make it a little bit more stressful with these newbies coming in. I mean, they don't understand probably the familiarity that you girls have had over for established seasons of the show. Did the other women feel stressed out by it? And did you try and help them with that? Like?
Speaker 4: What was that process?
Speaker 1: Like I ever said to Janets and to Gamble right in the beginning, I'm a person that will get to know you independently off face value. I don't care if you've had an argument this that person over here. If somebody had an argument with Janet or Gamble's that's an issue between you two. Rite. I'm getting to know you because I want to get to know you. But what I found, you know, there was times I gave them great advice. I said, listen, I said, there's going to be times that you're probably not going to like what you see, but you've got to be authentic to who you are. Don't try and be to yourself. Don't put on bravado because the camera never lies, and if you do that, you may come across that you don't like, right. And so sometimes I felt like there was a bit of not wanting to share an opinion in case it made them look a certain way where you've got Roachie myself and gamble to just give it all. Right, this is how I feel. I don't care what people think of me because I know who I am and that's what I'm believing. So I felt like that was tricky at times. And the other thing that was really tricky sometimes too, is I like all the women. Simone's beautiful, Angeliae's great, so is Kyler and and Cherry. They've got their own kind of flare that they bring something really quite amazing to the show. But when you get them together, Cherry, Angelie and Kyler, the problem was because of the new girls that became really good friends. I felt like there were times that it was hard to get to know them independently because they were always so close. And sometimes that's a detriment to a show when you're like, well, how's this going to work? Like if you're not going to engage. And it's not saying that they're not really engaging, it's kind of I felt like they were retecting each other in the event they didn't. I don't know, maybe against the oldies a little bit, and that might come across, do you know what I mean? But I feel like that came from a sense of maybe being anxious about what this whole filming is like because they've never done it before. And I can understand that as well.
Speaker 3: I think what is also a bit stranger for these girls is the franchise of the Real Housewives has exploded, so yeah, I think for them there's a lot of pressure to be what they think you need to be to be a housewife instead of just going yes, I've been cast for a reason, that's okay. I don't need a million dollars, I don't need all of these things. I'm just going to be okay. I'm going to trust the process where I think, yes, it's not just this season of Melbourne. I think it's everywhere globally. Orange County have had that, you know where They've got women renting houses and renting clothing and it's like, mate, calm it down.
Speaker 1: Just be you. I'm one hundred percent with you. Listen. I don't care, and people know this about me. I don't care where you come from. I don't care what your social status is like. Just be you. I mean, listen, I'm from Newcastle. My dad came to this country with not a dollar in his wallet. So for me and I went to a state school, I didn't have the privilege of going to a private school, and I certainly didn't have the privilege of growing up with lots and lots of money. No, like, you know, if I want a new shoes, I have to wait. I wasn't privileged in that situation, as privileged with love and privileged with parents that always tell me to do the right things by people, and be honest to who you are and treat everybody with the way with respect or the way that you want to be treated. So I think coming into this show, you're right. I feel like there was maybe a couple of times where some people thought, this is I've got to act a certain way or I've going to be a certain way. But what I'm like about you is the person that you are authentically, that's me personally, And how is that going to translate with the viewers? Because if you was very smart.
Speaker 4: But you know also that you know.
Speaker 3: Real Housewives of Melbourne was a really interesting first season and then I think what we learned out of that was you can be a good person or you could be a bad person, but as long as you own it, that's what resonates with the audience. In some ways, Gina's behavior in the first series could be dissected as being not okay, but then she was a fan favorite because she just owned it.
Speaker 1: No, but I agree with you. I think it's not just only behavior, it's just don'ting who you are on every level. I mean, the good thing about the New Housewives is they bring a fresh energy, a new energy, and something that's really really beautiful. And what I mean by that is you actually get to see us getting to know these housewives in real time, so it kind of freshens it up, and it freshens up new energy and new dynamics. How we're all going to connect. And let me tell you, like hah, there are some days that I go, oh my god, did that just really happen? But I can't confirm or deny that my bestie Genet Roach may be in the thick.
Speaker 4: Of it always.
Speaker 1: I think some of the arguments that happen this year really is about difference of opinion and perspective. Right, you have your view on something and I have my view on something, and maybe my view doesn't meet up with your view, So what does that mean? Does that mean that I'm not telling the truth.
Speaker 3: No, doesn't I say that to people all the time. I'm like, two people go into a room and they witness something, and they leave and they both have completely retellings of what they saw and who's got the truth. So don't get bog down in the detail of trying to work out who's right and wrong. Respect each other and respect that there's a difference of an opinion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree with that.
Speaker 3: Those people that go on a witch hunt try to prove to you that their opinion is right. That is a mousehole with no cheese down it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Now, I agree with you, and I think that at the end of the day, it doesn't matter even if you're trying to prove something that person that you may not have got along with, just in life in general, that'll always show their true colors. It will always come out in the end. It always does, Benjamin always.
Speaker 3: I agree with him. I think we're in agreement on that one. Can we go back to when the show was first cast. There were so many rumors out there and I couldn't find the actual answer to this today. But when the producers were setting out to cast this show, they weren't sure if it was going to be in Sydney or whether it was going to be in Melbourne. Were you on the cards whether it was going to be in Sydney or Melbourne.
Speaker 1: No, I was always attached to Melbourn. How Melbourne came up for me, right is that Ben was doing music. We're writing an album. We're coming to Melbourne anyway, and we're coming in there for six months and we're just going to see how it goes, because when gets in the studio it's all over. There could be six months to a year thing, so we'll come in to Melbourne anyways. When I was asked to do The Housewives, I was already coming to Melbourne prior to being asked on the show. So it's almost like that's how it built up. And Bet and I just because I grew up in Newcastle or anybody that knows this, we don't stay in the one spot for very long. We get bored very easily, so either here La Europe, Sydney, Melbourne and Byron that's our other second home too, so we're never in one spot. And now with COVID listen, I could be in Newcastle for six months and then I can go to Sydney for three months and then I can go to Byron for two Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: You're the real housewife of the Globe. You know.
Speaker 1: Our residence obviously is in Melbourne. But since having this baby and doing IBF, I used an IBF Newcastle doctor because when I came out of the jungle, I needed a break and I wanted to be around family because my sister had some children and I hadn't met them. So I was like, I need to be in this space around my family, and now that I'm giving birth, I wanted to stick with the IBF doctor that I was doing for two years.
Speaker 3: How's Ben gone with this? Because I can imagine my partner, whose name is Ben as well. I've got a lot of Ben's in my life. He would probably struggle with me doing a show like this. What does Ben think give you back on the Housewives?
Speaker 5: Do you know what?
Speaker 1: The one thing that I've got going for me that I think the other women do not is that Ben's been in this industry from the age of thirteen and a half, right, so he understands it. He's lived in this industry longer, in the music industry longer than he's actually lived a normal life. So for me, I was very blessed that I had a man that completely and ataly supported me on every single level. And he is a very secure man. He's not insecure, so if the limelight's not on men, he doesn't crack it where I've noticed over the seasons that troubles in relationships with some of these women have happened because the men like it's not about them anymore, it's about their partners, right. So I'm blessed that Ben's not because of the person he is is secure and who he is, and he allows me to be who I am without judgment, and he supports everything that I do. If he didn't support it, I wouldn't do it. I wouldn't be able to do something that he doesn't support because it would put such a strain not just on our relationship but on me. How would I be able to do a show if my husband's not into it. You've got to sit down and talk to your family about it, because it's not just you that's in the process of doing a show like this. Ben's in it too. So I can't just be selfish and go I'm just going to do it and no worries to you. You know, that's what a relationship is. You communicate and you talk about it. Ben's never ever anything I've ever wanted to do in life. He's supported and championed everything.
Speaker 3: Well, I've been in your husband's audience buying his CDs since I'm the same age as your husband. I'll never forget Frogstom coming out. And I remember once you were even commented early on after I think it was starting off with season two, people kept asking if Daniel John's watched the show?
Speaker 4: Is he still watching it?
Speaker 1: He said, he loves this shit. Yeah, I think you know too. I mean, well, we don't know now because of season four and five nothing's happened. But of course even Chris Chris join you. I'm really like we see each other all the time. We're I'm back in New Week. All the boys are very supportive of what each other do. Like does. What I've found since doing this show is the love and support that I've always received, not only from my family but also my friends that have public refile. So, like Jackie, just go for it. Who cares what anyone thinks, you know, if you're enjoying the show, just do it, and I do enjoy the show.
Speaker 4: You can see that.
Speaker 3: I think it's very authentic and it comes across that way, and I think that's why is still there.
Speaker 4: Will you do more?
Speaker 3: I feel like this is a soft reboot of the franchise, and you know you're just about to have twins. But I reckon that Brian Walsh is going to roll into a six series pretty quickly. It's shaping up to be a pretty amazing series.
Speaker 4: Would you come back and do more?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: I think I would, and I'll tell you why, because I feel like my journey hasn't ended yet. You have the twins, then we don't see Jagg anymore. I haven't met well. I'd want to share that journey of motherhood and I feel like there's still a lot more to explore with my journey. I actually enjoy filming the housewise, I really do so for me. If the enjoyment stopped, then I'd stop.
Speaker 3: Did you reach out to Teddy Mellencamp, who did was pregnant for a whole series of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and ask for any advice?
Speaker 1: No, not Teddy. I didn't reach out to Teddy. You know, it's really funny, interesting. Sometimes Lisa Renner and I've gotten on Twitter and we've had like some conversations and she's she just cracks me up. And the other girl that I'm I'm mates with is and I actually have her on my podcast is actually from the Real Housewives of Potomac, actually Harby, So she's just had two children and we've talked about that and how it was for her being pregnant, giving birth, bringing the children on, and she goes, it's actually been a wonderful experience because all the ladies just love and adore children. You know, they're all mothers that they understand it. If there is a season six, I'm pretty sure that I'd be more than willing to come back unless unless something else happened.
Speaker 4: Well, how's your podcast going? Shine it Up?
Speaker 1: It's going really well. We did a Shine Up live podcast on the show of The Real Housewives and Mother season season five, and as you can see on my social media, my very first guest was none other than Julia Morris. She was a hoop. And my podcast is about motivation and inspiration and my journey and spirituality. That's where I'm heading towards and showing people how to listen to their intuition and also giving vibes like psychic vibes as well, but also showing people how your life's purpose goes in ways that sometimes are unexpected. You know a lot of people that I know that have public profiles that have come on my show for the first season. People don't understand that they've worked hard to get to where they've got to. It hasn't been all easy, and I want to just share how that began and how they're intuition and guided them there. They'd had these little aha moments. Did you ever have that where before you did this? You have these vibes when you're younger of where you wanted to go right, and then you look back and go, oh my god. Like I actually used to have these thoughts and I didn't really listen to it, but it's kind of guided me to where I am today, right and my experiences. So mine's very much about everything that I'm passionate about, which is spirituality, manifestation, and just really living the best version of yourself. By I listened to your intuition.
Speaker 4: Well one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: And you know, some seasons of the Real Housewives, your psychic abilities play a bigger role than others. Will we see a lot more of your readings and your psychic abilities.
Speaker 1: In series five, I give a cast member of psychic medium reading. I also, if you don't know this season one and season I think it was three or four, which has been recorded, I actually say that I'm going to have twins. So that was like it came out that I was having twins. It was very much like the producers like, oh, they are like Jax, like you said out in season one, and I said, I always have this in and knowing right my intuition, I'm very strong my thoughts and what I hear when I hear from the other side. And what's really interesting is when you actually see my journey throughout this season. I had this dream when I was at the what I was starting to lose faith a bit about becoming a mother and my grandmother that lived in Croatia, my Bubba, she came to me in a dream and said, You're gonna have twins. And it was like something deep within my soul new was knowing that this will happen. But it's just funny how like I said at seven in season one and season three, it's not funny. It's the universe talking to me and I was listening. But that still doesn't mean that just because I'm psychic that I see everything for me. People go, oh my god, you're psyched, so you should say everything for yourself. That's not how it works, because if it works like that, then what the hell am I doing living? Because we're supposed to evolve as human beings, right, giving everything about your own life?
Speaker 3: Interesting that I always watched the show and I think to myself, I wonder if you can foresee some of the drama that's happening. I mean, there's already tension bubbling away behind the scenes and on social media between Angelae and Janet, which has been a little bit interesting to watch. Can you foresee some of that happening?
Speaker 1: I will tell you in season four of The Real Housewives Melbourne True Story, you could ask Janet this massive dream. I was in New York. I remember I had this dream and I wrung her up. It was about five o'clock in the morning our time. She's like, Jack's, what's going on? And I said, I had this dream And I told her I'm not going to tell you what cast members it was. I told her exactly that a story was going to be conjured up and I said who the person was going to start it? And she goes what I And I said, how this was going to unfold? And it did and she just freaked out. As we were filming season four, things had started to unfold the way I dreamt it. So yes, and I said that I've got to just be be prepared for that, because the thing is, when she puts something out there, right, don't think of an elephant. Then you think of an elephant, right, So that's what I was dealing with, you know. Me and Rochie got into a bit of a hit of moment because it was that whole thing. Okay, I'll just say it where Lydia said off, you know, she had said all these things about you, but it was made up, like it was all just made up for the show, right from her end. But even though she says, you know, it wasn't. I know what I dreamed and I know what I said to Roachie. And this was six months before we even started feeling the show, So yes, I do see things that happened. And as for Angelaie, you're asking about Angelae and Janet, what's really interesting about that is I felt like because I got along with Angeline and I thought she was real hurt. To be fair, but it was really interesting to see why Janet got left thick with Angeline because the only really problem she had was with another housewife, but it wasn't with Angelie or anybody else. So it's kind of for me a bit like why would you have an issue with Roachi or because what I know is Roachie to this day says she doesn't have an issue with Angeline. She doesn't have an issue her issues only because of something that's happened on set from somebody else that has said something. So it's like, has that kind of made their relationship not strong because other people have interfered without letting them get to know each other one on one. That's what I'm trying to say, Benjamin. So if you've got close mates and you don't like somebody, then sometimes that can have a bit of an influence about the way you see somebody where that won't happen with me. Do you say you don't like someone Rochie, I don't care. I'm going to get to know them on my own accord and vice versa. There's been people over the seasons that I haven't really clicked with, and she's still best mates with it. But I'm not going to judge her on that because that's her connection with that person. So that's where I feel like the problem has probably started arising with her and Angelie because other people are involved in this whole commentary of stuff that goes on throughout the season.
Speaker 3: Well, there are rumors that Angeline is not even going to come back for the reunion, and I hear the reunions upon you you're about to film it, Well.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything about that. You're going to have to ask the production team you don't and tell off that that's a pig usion.
Speaker 3: Is Alex Perry coming back? Or is Joel Creesy going to take his job? A lot of people talking about that one.
Speaker 1: You don't know, do you know what? When it comes to REEM, we don't know anything about the reem and we do not know who's going to be coming back for it. We don't know anything about that. They don't tell us that, and I reckon that I'll tell us that for a reason because they want to be able to have that organicness of what's going on in the hood. So I don't know. That's a pip call. That's another pip question and a Fox steal question.
Speaker 4: If you could have one former housewife back.
Speaker 1: Who would that be Gina?
Speaker 4: It would be Gina.
Speaker 3: And when you said to Gina, because you mentioned this earlier, would you come back, did she sound like she was open to it.
Speaker 1: You'll have to listen to my podcast with that one.
Speaker 4: I'm not giving you an exclusive.
Speaker 1: No, that's that's something you'll have to listen to. I can't confirm or deny that.
Speaker 3: What about photo gate, I'm now asking all these questions in quick succession photogames.
Speaker 1: All saying about photogate is women should support women and there should be no negativity about the way cheek came off looking. That was ridiculous. I just find I find that just shameful. I just feel like women should support women and that wasn't cool.
Speaker 4: Good way to have, a good way to say it.
Speaker 1: And then every truth though, Ben, you know, and.
Speaker 3: Which housewife of the new ones did you connect with them? There's Cherry, Simone, Angelie, Kyla. Can you say one of them that you connected with more than the other?
Speaker 1: Probably Simone and Cherry. Cherry's quite spiritual, Kyla had a little lass with it. Evid Angelie I like, but I feel like I got to know them better. Those two better on a deeper level, and Simone we got along right off for that. Simone and I and Cherry and I really connected on a spiritual level.
Speaker 3: I think I met all of them at the launch and I just thought they were all just like in the first series, it just felt like they were really cast well. It felt like they took the time to go and find these women to fall into a slot that not to replace a Gina, not to replace Oldia, but to create a new person, you know. And I thought all the women. I had a good chat with Simone and I thought that she was just she was just beautiful. And the interesting reason I bring that up with you is that I was there for the media launch for series one, so before you'd even started any filming. I was there at that launch and I interviewed all of the housewives, and I remember there was just this amazing buzz. There was this buzz brewing about the show, and then you went on to shoot it and it was phenomenal. I have been to a few of the other launchers, but I reckon this season to me, had that same buzz like you had series one.
Speaker 4: It was like, I.
Speaker 1: Lovely you saying that, and I'll tell you why, because from your perspective, right, sometimes when you're in it, like you know, you're in Big Brother, so you don't like you don't when you feelm me, you don't really know what's going on, right, But from somebody else's perspective, when you hear that, it makes you go, wow, that's amazing. And I felt that too. I felt like the energy was like new and fresh and dynamic, and it's going to be explosive because you've got to bring these new with the old, right, So bringing that connectability is I feel like, will be the thumb ride for the audience to see.
Speaker 4: I'll never forget.
Speaker 3: One of my questions was asking all the women had they watched Housewives or what preparation had they done to be on the show in the first series, and Gina went, now, I haven't watched a single episode. She goes, I watched Mob Wives though, and I was like, Mob Wives, no wonder, no wonder. She ended up being the way she was on the show. She obviously watched.
Speaker 1: You know that, I watched Mob Wives two and her partner at the time Jan he gets YouTube belonging mod He actually said you and Gina belong in Bloody mod Wives. I said, I'd actually do good in Mobwives, trust me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think as well YouTube from the first season and you especially again now you get the idea of the drama and the warmth and the humor and right on. It's just and it's why the season works so well in Melbourne and it maybe didn't work as well in Sydney. You girls all seem to get the balance right, and that's important.
Speaker 1: I do think it's important. I mean, you can't just be sitting around arguing all day long, because what's the point about. Yes, you can have drama, but you've also got to bring the element of who you are and the authenticity of who you are and what you're actually going through. So for me, I do know that what I brought to the table this season, like every other season, is very raw, very truthful, and very much Mike's experience of what I was experiencing. And I feel like Melbourne Housewives compared to Sydney, has that with all the seasons. You know, Jenna's father passing away, the roach, you're talking about her beautiful son, like, do you know what I mean? They're all stories that connect to the audience, and that's what makes the audience want to keep watching outside of arguments.
Speaker 3: But also it's aspirational, and I think that's one of the things you need the most in a show like this, is for you to be inspiring and for us as an audience to connect to you in a way that's in an aspirational element. And I think that's a large part of it as well. I think that there's a lot of people that want to be like you, want to learn from you, and I think that's why when we talk about finishing this interview today, we bring it back to the start of you being so earnest and sharing your IVF story.
Speaker 4: That is the very foundation of this show.
Speaker 1: Thank you. And I also believe that the casting. The casting is a big thing, right, Like you've got to get the casting right, you know, the years If you look at all the households, I'm a big fan of New York and big fan of all of them, Atlanta, O C. Jersey. The ones that stick out and even if you don't like them that are still there, it's because of their connection with the other cast members, Like you look at Sonia Ramona, they might argue to the cows come home. But when you stick them together, there's a real genuine friendship and love that you can feel it. But sometimes with the new comes in, it's like you can feel the disharmony of it's not so organic. Is how I want to word that?
Speaker 4: Well, Jackson said, very well. There.
Speaker 3: My last question that I ask all of my guests before they go is what's an amazing story from behind the scenes that we're as an audience might appreciate. Something that maybe happened while you're filming Series five that probably won't end up on air, but might be just a fund story.
Speaker 1: After we film, we actually get together and we have I mean I did this year. But they'll have shots to ta quila, they'll keep drinking, some of them go for a cigarette, and like after we stopped filming, like even when we had our way trip, you know they were sitting there drinking cocktails or two or three o'clock in the morning. So you don't see that, right, And there's sometimes a real rapport around the women after filming that you don't get to see, and so it's kind of like letting steam off after you just let's steam off. So I feel like if people saw that side, I mean, so I saw that side because you said anyway. But it's really fun and when you have your going away trips, I feel like they're some of the best trips because you're all together, you're enjoying each other's company, You're you know, in the nice, warm heat wherever we are is there.
Speaker 3: What's the biggest resolution or what's the biggest you know? I heard one happened to two o'clock in the morning where Gina and Sally there was a resolution to the.
Speaker 1: Reunion and everybody was dancing around the hotel rooms. That was great because they were all in the good energy, shining up, having a drink. Yeah, I love you. So there was a resolution there which was really lovely, and I think even Roachie posted the video of us kicking it. There's even a time in Dubai actually where this strip of guy. But he's hot, good looking dude, he was Roachie. She gets up on the table and I'm like, dann it, he's not straight. He told us he's gave me he's hot. He's a chop, right. She's dancing at the table like and they've got those hookers. You know those hooker things you smoke, Yeah, because that's what they all do over in Dubai. And everyone's making these hookers that have that have like different flavors. And I remember, obviously they're giving him this a crack. I don't even smoke anyway, but I thought I'll give this a crack and it was all raspberry. And I'm sitting there thinking, I'm so curling. She's up there dancing and I'm like, Roachie.
Speaker 2: He is gay and he is not in.
Speaker 1: Dancing.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. Amazing.
Speaker 3: Well, I reckon that there could be a show on the show, so anything that happens behind the scenes a Reican people would chew up. But the finished product is quite amazing. You have been amazing. Thank you so much for being able to be here today and share these stories. I'm sure everyone that's listening to Tivy Reload today will will love this.
Speaker 1: Thank you. I just want to say it's an honor for me to come on your show because you take time out and you do your research and you do all these things behind the scenes. And thank you for not just supporting the Real Housewives Melbour, but also supporting the story of what's of what the truth is, you know me, Yeah, sharing the IVF journey and I appreciate that. I really do been